Mini Normal 1964 - Hell Is 56k Dialup - Endgame!

Katyusha
Katyusha
Mafia Scum
Katyusha
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #700 (ISO) » Fri Nov 24, 2017 9:08 am

Post by Katyusha »

In post 697, Zachstralkita wrote:
In post 695, Katyusha wrote:hey keychain you might not have to write a case at all :/

how is espe not town

now keep in mind having shit reads is not ai LMAOOOO
it's not, but in this fashion it feels like trying to dismantle a possible townbloc

but this is why i want some semblance of clarity when he catches up
Transcend wrote:Because i don't fos shad
not to be a bitch but
y
northsidegal
northsidegal
Survivor
northsidegal
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #701 (ISO) » Fri Nov 24, 2017 9:19 am

Post by northsidegal »

In post 649, schadd_ wrote:will attend to this later! nsg asked for townreads and explanations and i can give one of those transcend keychain wavemode maybe dunnstral espeonage? did espeonage replace fajita
the explanations are the more important part of that equation so i'd still appreciate those, but this is still useful.

for all of you voting everyone else, why isn't dunnstral the better lynch? while everyone else hasn't even been putting forward the pretense of scumhunting or playing the game, dunnstral's gut reads and votes seem to suspiciously align with the popular wagons at the time. is there some meta aspect that i'm missing here?
northsidegal
northsidegal
Survivor
northsidegal
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #702 (ISO) » Fri Nov 24, 2017 9:21 am

Post by northsidegal »

In post 627, Zachstralkita wrote: nsg, lol
?
In post 684, Zachstralkita wrote:
In post 678, Srceenplay wrote:Lol

*Why EE
I can't say his posts aren't doing shit because they are, he's aware when he enters the game, they're just deliberately not doing nothing which is pretty scummy
Same with Dunnstral

schadd is also a non entity but he's also wavy so I'm fine with having my read be dynamic there
schadd is more or less doing the same thing he was doing the whole game he's just not posting him now which is why katyusha kind of confuses me
Dunnstral wrote:
I have unfortunately been delaying getting into this game
this is all he's said lmao
so what made you choose ee over dunnstral?
Transcend
Transcend
Survivor
Transcend
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #703 (ISO) » Fri Nov 24, 2017 9:28 am

Post by Transcend »

Idk why i don't, i just don't.

There's only one line of his ididn't like

The rest r ok
northsidegal
northsidegal
Survivor
northsidegal
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #704 (ISO) » Fri Nov 24, 2017 9:29 am

Post by northsidegal »

In post 653, Katyusha wrote:
In post 560, northsidegal wrote:woah, i was just reviewing a bit more and this jumps out to me a lot. katayusha, can you explain your scumread on firaja? where does it come from?

i think i'll have a lot more to say after you answer.
He seemed hesitant to commit to any stance or point any hard fingers at anyone. That wishy washiness i feel usually comes from new scum who don't really want to stand out but want to at least seem like they're contributing. I tried poking him with my last question to see if I can get him to give a stance on something besides the cy/UC interactions he was focusing on for most of the game.

I'm going to try to start on a clean slate though with your slot since the break I accidentally took is kind of throwing me off.
i see this tell a lot and i'm really not a fan of it - sure, hesitance can come from scum scared to take a stance, but it just as easily comes from people having a hard time forming clear reads. if you were going to make the point that someone's contributions were fabricated or that they were deliberately attempting to put forward the image of contributions without actually doing so, that would be a perfectly valid point, but i'm not sure that's what you're doing. when i was looking through your iso your push on firaja caught my attention a ton because it really seemed like you just jumped on him for the rvs post and then kept pushing him for just that, even though to me what he said made total sense. from your recent posts i'm getting a bit more of a town sense, though - i was waiting to make a case from but that's mostly gone now.
In post 667, Katyusha wrote:schadd can i get like a readlist from you because your trajectory feels all over the place to me from a quick iso

VOTE: schadd

i'll give nsg a chance to engage and do contenty things that arent walls since i still cant stomach this game's walls fsr
(probably bc im not that into this game sorry) - schadd's voting history is pretty crappy though and im not getting much thought process here

EE is a valid fos imo but schadd is the same but better (scummier?)
i'd say i'm fully in this game now even if i still haven't gotten around to wall iso-ing everyone yet - feel free to engage. the same goes for keychain, who i believe said something along the same lines.
northsidegal
northsidegal
Survivor
northsidegal
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #705 (ISO) » Fri Nov 24, 2017 9:36 am

Post by northsidegal »

In post 703, Transcend wrote:Idk why i don't, i just don't.

There's only one line of his ididn't like

The rest r ok
i know it's not really your style, but mind explaining the cy/espeonage vote? from your iso i think it's something to do with the associatives with my slot, but i'm not sure what it is exactly. i guess this goes for anyone else voting there, too.
northsidegal
northsidegal
Survivor
northsidegal
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #706 (ISO) » Fri Nov 24, 2017 9:44 am

Post by northsidegal »

@keychain, can you explain your reads progression on cy? it seems like you came out of an early game interaction townreading him but there's about a 350 post gap where he doesn't come up at all until 517, where he's at the bottom of the list. what happened?
In post 169, Keychain wrote:
In post 166, Transcend wrote:Could also do cy
Why? I liked his response for the most part.

Zachstralkita wrote:i have problems with your cy progression basically
but im conflicted about a thing rn
Is this a thing you're planning to share with the class?

@UCV: who is scum?

PEdit: damn it I was asking that Zach
In post 517, Keychain wrote:Yes yes your Joda wagon died and you are sad so now you want cy instead. I'm thinking.

Keychain wrote: I'm having a sit down to work things out because I think I'm losing track of threads
I got through most of the players but I need to stop for the night.

Right now, from town to scum:
Firaja
wavemode
Katyusha
Havo
Dunnstral
UC Voyager
Everyone Else
cytheflyguy

Leaves Transcend, Zach, Joda and schadd for tomorrow. I'll have more interesting things to say when I've finished the rest of the playerlist, hopefully.

In post 397, UC Voyager wrote:I have learned that scum tend to contribute more because
most people prefer to play scum.
(bolding mine)

I missed this the first time round. I just... ahahahaha is this really true? I certainly don't prefer scum :lol: :lol: :lol: Do you have any sources for this bold claim, UCV?
Zachstralkita
Zachstralkita
Jack of All Trades
Zachstralkita
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #707 (ISO) » Fri Nov 24, 2017 10:19 am

Post by Zachstralkita »

In post 702, northsidegal wrote:
i don't put priority on scum
but the outside possibility exists that dunnstral is just being a fuck nugget. which is something that's actually liable to have happened

i dont care tho id vote either way
Everyone Else
Everyone Else
Goon
Everyone Else
Goon
Goon

Post Post #708 (ISO) » Fri Nov 24, 2017 10:31 am

Post by Everyone Else »

im getting voted on?
Everyone Else
Everyone Else
Goon
Everyone Else
Goon
Goon

Post Post #709 (ISO) » Fri Nov 24, 2017 10:31 am

Post by Everyone Else »

sorry thanksgiving week and all
Everyone Else
Everyone Else
Goon
Everyone Else
Goon
Goon

Post Post #710 (ISO) » Fri Nov 24, 2017 10:32 am

Post by Everyone Else »

will try my very best to catch up by tonight? but ugh ultra moon tho :(
KidAmn
KidAmn
Mafia Scum
KidAmn
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #711 (ISO) » Fri Nov 24, 2017 10:45 am

Post by KidAmn »

Vote Count Eleven, Or "I Should Probably Stop Making Snarky, But Entirely Unhelpful Comments On The Game State And Get Back To Providing That Sweet, Sweet Flavour..."

Everyone Else (3): Havo, Zachstralkita, Transcend
Espeonage (2): Keychain, Dunnstral
Schadd (2): Katyusha, Srceenplay
Srceenplay (1): Everyone Else
Transcend (1): wavemode
Jodaxq (1): Schadd

Not Voting (3): northsidegal, Jodaxq, Espeonage

Day 1 Will End With Something Hopefully A Lot Better Written Than These Vote Counts Are, Or In (expired on 2017-11-28 21:00:00).

With Thirteen Alive, Seven Votes Are Required To Lynch.
Dunnstral
Dunnstral
he/him
Goodfellas
Dunnstral
he/him
Goodfellas
Goodfellas
Pronoun: he/him

Post Post #712 (ISO) » Fri Nov 24, 2017 11:27 am

Post by Dunnstral »

In post 707, Zachstralkita wrote:
but the outside possibility exists that dunnstral is just being a fuck nugget. which is something that's actually liable to have happened

huh
Havo
Havo
Mafia Scum
Havo
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #713 (ISO) » Fri Nov 24, 2017 12:57 pm

Post by Havo »

In post 708, Everyone Else wrote:im getting voted on?
I really don’t know why we aren’t lynching this?

There is no kind of consensus.
northsidegal
northsidegal
Survivor
northsidegal
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #714 (ISO) » Fri Nov 24, 2017 1:11 pm

Post by northsidegal »

In post 713, Havo wrote:
In post 708, Everyone Else wrote:im getting voted on?
I really don’t know why we aren’t lynching this?

There is no kind of consensus.
why that over this?
Dunnstral wrote:
In post 707, Zachstralkita wrote:

huh
Keychain
Keychain
she/her
Mafia Scum
Keychain
she/her
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum
Pronoun: she/her

Post Post #715 (ISO) » Fri Nov 24, 2017 2:00 pm

Post by Keychain »

In post 704, northsidegal wrote:i'd say i'm fully in this game now even if i still haven't gotten around to wall iso-ing everyone yet - feel free to engage. the same goes for keychain, who i believe said something along the same lines.
Why no vote? Also, I don't think you've given your read on the Cy/Espe slot, I'd like to hear that.

Regarding Dunnstral vs EE: For me, Dunnstral is null. Voting there is literally a lurker-lynch. It looks a lot like he's only skimming a couple of recent posts each time he says anything, from his response to me and his vote on Espe. Your is seriously weird. Dunnstral is an awful lynch for today and I'm sure you can do better than that.
EE is also lurking but his actions have been considerably more scummy. Every time someone votes him he appears and splashes around a bit. It doesn't seem like uninvested town, who I don't think would be so bothered by a bit of pressure. and were particularly bad as posts that looked like he was trying to exist in the game but contributed exactly nothing.

What benefit do you get out of trying to equalise the two?

Dunnstral wrote:VOTE: Espeonage

gut scummy
but why must you do this to the wagon
I'm
on

In post 706, northsidegal wrote:@keychain, can you explain your reads progression on cy? it seems like you came out of an early game interaction townreading him but there's about a 350 post gap where he doesn't come up at all until 517, where he's at the bottom of the list. what happened?
This can serve as my Cy case, which I promised I'd do last night but ah well.

was made after reviewing the ISOs of the players listed, which is when the change mostly occurred. However you've also missed signs of my townread wavering in .

Several things that I initially townread him for came across really scummy on reread. For example, I have no idea what I was thinking when I unvoted in and said I "particularly liked point A" in . On reflection, the point takes some severe mental gymnastics. For reference:
In post 107, cytheflyguy wrote:A) My train of thought was not, "If I can trust this person, and Transcend has a higher than normal chance of being scum, then he should be prodded because he is more than likely scum in this game."

It was, "If I can trust this person, and Transcend has a higher than normal chance of being scum, he would probably have a higher chance of not playing because he is scum and does not want to play the same role once again, as he was the only person to not confirm." The reason I fell for the joke was because the statistics relied on behavior, especially the part about if someone replaced him. It's flimsy logic, yeah, but if you read my posts, I did not 100% agree with UC, I was just talking statistics so I could anticipate behavior.
Like ??? how did I townread this. The main problem I had with him was on him not reading the players in the game, and this is just a terribly convoluted excuse to have not been doing that.

The early Transcend meta thing still rings really false to me, though suggests it really is a genuine misunderstanding because it looks like he thought that Transcend was less likely to stay in games where he's town so I'm conflicted over that one.

Then overly defensive in / and easily persuaded to vote by Katya in . A) is a really bad excuse, in that from an early game post he decided to throw out everything he'd ever known about mafia to engage in some meta speculation about a player he didn't know not confirming for alignment-related reasons because... he thought everyone was going to be doing this?

I still dislike the solid townread on me in considering how unsure he seems to be of other reads, and renewing it in comes across really appease-y.
"been meaning to move my vote somewhere else" doesn't look like a town thought process - his vote was on a scumread of his as I understand it (Firaja) and it looks like he cares an awful lot about what he looks like.
's "Like...isn't that questionable logic? Like even more questionable than my original blunder" is pretty icky, because he's acknowledging that he looks scummy but is trying to shift people scumreading him for it onto Transcend.

Those are the reasons he was at the bottom of my list. At this point I'm finding it hard to see his actions as town-motivated.

@Zach : :lol: :cry: :lol:
You're under no obligation to be the same person you were 5 minutes ago.
Everyone Else
Everyone Else
Goon
Everyone Else
Goon
Goon

Post Post #716 (ISO) » Fri Nov 24, 2017 2:20 pm

Post by Everyone Else »

In post 715, Keychain wrote:
In post 704, northsidegal wrote:i'd say i'm fully in this game now even if i still haven't gotten around to wall iso-ing everyone yet - feel free to engage. the same goes for keychain, who i believe said something along the same lines.
Why no vote? Also, I don't think you've given your read on the Cy/Espe slot, I'd like to hear that.

Regarding Dunnstral vs EE: For me, Dunnstral is null. Voting there is literally a lurker-lynch. It looks a lot like he's only skimming a couple of recent posts each time he says anything, from his response to me and his vote on Espe. Your is seriously weird. Dunnstral is an awful lynch for today and I'm sure you can do better than that.
EE is also lurking but his actions have been considerably more scummy. Every time someone votes him he appears and splashes around a bit. It doesn't seem like uninvested town, who I don't think would be so bothered by a bit of pressure. and were particularly bad as posts that looked like he was trying to exist in the game but contributed exactly nothing.

What benefit do you get out of trying to equalise the two?

gut scummy
I'm
on

In post 706, northsidegal wrote:@keychain, can you explain your reads progression on cy? it seems like you came out of an early game interaction townreading him but there's about a 350 post gap where he doesn't come up at all until 517, where he's at the bottom of the list. what happened?
This can serve as my Cy case, which I promised I'd do last night but ah well.

was made after reviewing the ISOs of the players listed, which is when the change mostly occurred. However you've also missed signs of my townread wavering in .

Several things that I initially townread him for came across really scummy on reread. For example, I have no idea what I was thinking when I unvoted in and said I "particularly liked point A" in . On reflection, the point takes some severe mental gymnastics. For reference:
In post 107, cytheflyguy wrote:A) My train of thought was not, "If I can trust this person, and Transcend has a higher than normal chance of being scum, then he should be prodded because he is more than likely scum in this game."

It was, "If I can trust this person, and Transcend has a higher than normal chance of being scum, he would probably have a higher chance of not playing because he is scum and does not want to play the same role once again, as he was the only person to not confirm." The reason I fell for the joke was because the statistics relied on behavior, especially the part about if someone replaced him. It's flimsy logic, yeah, but if you read my posts, I did not 100% agree with UC, I was just talking statistics so I could anticipate behavior.
Like ??? how did I townread this. The main problem I had with him was on him not reading the players in the game, and this is just a terribly convoluted excuse to have not been doing that.

The early Transcend meta thing still rings really false to me, though suggests it really is a genuine misunderstanding because it looks like he thought that Transcend was less likely to stay in games where he's town so I'm conflicted over that one.

Then overly defensive in / and easily persuaded to vote by Katya in . A) is a really bad excuse, in that from an early game post he decided to throw out everything he'd ever known about mafia to engage in some meta speculation about a player he didn't know not confirming for alignment-related reasons because... he thought everyone was going to be doing this?

I still dislike the solid townread on me in considering how unsure he seems to be of other reads, and renewing it in comes across really appease-y.
"been meaning to move my vote somewhere else" doesn't look like a town thought process - his vote was on a scumread of his as I understand it (Firaja) and it looks like he cares an awful lot about what he looks like.
's "Like...isn't that questionable logic? Like even more questionable than my original blunder" is pretty icky, because he's acknowledging that he looks scummy but is trying to shift people scumreading him for it onto Transcend.

Those are the reasons he was at the bottom of my list. At this point I'm finding it hard to see his actions as town-motivated.

@Zach : :lol: :cry: :lol:
not really lurking, been busy. hey let me help.

@ MOD, I wanna replace out. Very busy right now and not invested in this game, sorry :/.
Keychain
Keychain
she/her
Mafia Scum
Keychain
she/her
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum
Pronoun: she/her

Post Post #717 (ISO) » Fri Nov 24, 2017 2:27 pm

Post by Keychain »

ah :-( sorry to see you go.
You're under no obligation to be the same person you were 5 minutes ago.
northsidegal
northsidegal
Survivor
northsidegal
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #718 (ISO) » Fri Nov 24, 2017 2:30 pm

Post by northsidegal »

responding to the first part of this separate from the second.
i'm waiting on schadd. cy had a really awkward rvs and nothing else he did really stood out to me. nothing espe has done has looked particularly townie to me, either - i'd be willing to lynch there.
In post 715, Keychain wrote: Regarding Dunnstral vs EE: For me, Dunnstral is null. Voting there is literally a lurker-lynch. It looks a lot like he's only skimming a couple of recent posts each time he says anything, from his response to me and his vote on Espe. Your is seriously weird. Dunnstral is an awful lynch for today and I'm sure you can do better than that.
i'm not really sure why there's such a huge divide between the two to you, and to me dunn's actions seem a lot scummier. i don't think only responding to posts about you is a scumtell, at least when it comes to lurkers. i say this because there have been games i've been in that i've found it hard to get into and i find myself only responding to either comments about me or questions directed towards me. dunnstral, on the other hand, only seems to hop in to vote the consensus wagon. i'm not saying either are the best lynch today - what i'm saying is that the people who want an everyone else lynch should really be looking at dunnstral instead.
In post 715, Keychain wrote: What benefit do you get out of trying to equalise the two?
why are you assuming that i'm scum here? i'm really not sure what to make of this comment. i would think confbias but you don't seem to show that anywhere else. why do you assume that i have some ulterior motive or gain some benefit out of examining dunnstral, as opposed to it being my actual thoughts and a genuine attempt to get into this game?
northsidegal
northsidegal
Survivor
northsidegal
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #719 (ISO) » Fri Nov 24, 2017 2:30 pm

Post by northsidegal »

by the way, nice hat!
northsidegal
northsidegal
Survivor
northsidegal
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #720 (ISO) » Fri Nov 24, 2017 2:33 pm

Post by northsidegal »

addendum to the last non-hat related post:

gut scummy
I'm
on
it seems here that you even recognize that dunnstral's hop-ons are scummy - why place such a huge divide between the two?
Transcend
Transcend
Survivor
Transcend
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #721 (ISO) » Fri Nov 24, 2017 2:48 pm

Post by Transcend »

Christ

Play the fucking game you sign up for

It is absolutely miserable for both alignments to have to deal with extreme amounts of replace outs.

Jeez
Espeonage
Espeonage
any
Survivor
Espeonage
any
Survivor
Survivor
Pronoun: any

Post Post #722 (ISO) » Fri Nov 24, 2017 2:52 pm

Post by Espeonage »

In post 255, Havo wrote:
In post 253, Firaja wrote:That wasn't what that post seemed to be getting at though? it seemed like it was saying a lot of people were acting scummy?

p-edit; It is day 1, but you just seemingly U-Turned on a read because of one post? which isn't that different than the other posts that Joda made?
Uh. Just because I vote someone doesn’t mean I hard SR them.

I agreed with Trans that Joda was a good candidate for pressure.
Since there wasn’t much else cooking at the time.

I liked her response because I can definitely relate to it.

So now for me it’s on to look somewhere else for now.
The words.

They don't match the play.

You are saying the right things, but the actions they don't back it up. Your pressure vote lasted a whole half a page.
Don't @ me.
Espeonage
Espeonage
any
Survivor
Espeonage
any
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #723 (ISO) » Fri Nov 24, 2017 2:54 pm

Post by Espeonage »

In post 256, Firaja wrote:
In post 255, Havo wrote:
In post 253, Firaja wrote:That wasn't what that post seemed to be getting at though? it seemed like it was saying a lot of people were acting scummy?

p-edit; It is day 1, but you just seemingly U-Turned on a read because of one post? which isn't that different than the other posts that Joda made?
Uh. Just because I vote someone doesn’t mean I hard SR them.

I agreed with Trans that Joda was a good candidate for pressure.
Since there wasn’t much else cooking at the time.

I liked her response because I can definitely relate to it.

So now for me it’s on to look somewhere else for now.
Fair enough, I like your response and now you've explained it I understand where you are coming from about your vote.

Also maybe I misinterpreted that post but I thought the post meant a lot of people were acting suspicious is where my question came from about it.
Newbie town or both scum? Leaning the former.
Don't @ me.
Espeonage
Espeonage
any
Survivor
Espeonage
any
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #724 (ISO) » Fri Nov 24, 2017 2:56 pm

Post by Espeonage »

In post 259, Keychain wrote:@Havo: Someone feeling out of step with the game is not necessarily scum, I agree, but it's also not necessarily town. Can feel it as either alignment though I think it's more likely to come from scum. Your vote on and leap off comes across bad if that's the basis. Apart from Jo, can you summarise your townreads for me?

@Jo: do your thing! Poke at things you don't understand, or focus on the things you
can
parse. The way you went from cy to UCV shortly after I did unnerves me - was my read influencing you?
Jodaxq wrote:
In post 243, Zachstralkita wrote:Do you scumread Transcend?

pedit u dont like any of his posts but hes town?
It was apparently a bad joke.
uhh which bit was the joke?

In post 226, Transcend wrote:
In post 212, Jodaxq wrote:tbh I feel like I'm missing something in this game. There's a lot of strange interactions.

iReAlLyDoNoTlIKeThIsPoStInThEsLiGhTeSTbItGuYsIsItJuStMe
No I agree, also are you biased against phone posters because I had to turn my phone sideways to read this :-(

In post 221, Zachstralkita wrote:also keychain cant be read with vibes most likely
Huh okay I don't know why you'd think this. Normally it's logic that leads people to townread me when I'm scum. In that case - how should I read you? At the moment I'm leaning scum.
Also your schadd read gives me nothing.
If Key is scum, they are playing really well. Note to self to watch this slot on like day 3.
Don't @ me.

Return to “Completed Mini Normal Games”