CommKnight
Mafia Scum
CommKnight
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #350 (ISO) » Sun Dec 03, 2017 6:42 pm

Post by CommKnight »

@Mod:
V/LA till December 7th. Next 3 days are going to be crazy with school projects and everyone wanting a piece of my time.
Modded
Open 691 (Mafia Win)
Open 700 (Town Win)
Mini 1976 - Filled (Currently setting up)
wilky
wilky
Mafia Scum
wilky
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #351 (ISO) » Mon Dec 04, 2017 1:55 am

Post by wilky »

In post 345, Creature wrote:I'm gonna show you one scum who's just in the background watching town eat itself:

VOTE: CommKnight

So, like are you going to show why he's scum or should we all just sheep you with no reasons?
Viomi
Viomi
Mafia Scum
Viomi
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #352 (ISO) » Mon Dec 04, 2017 4:55 am

Post by Viomi »

In post 333, Aster wrote:Since it seems like we've got solid targets and the further discussion happening at this rate won't give us much more information, I think we should move on to with the lynch so we have more time to talk during the later days. In particular, I think having mutant's alignment confirmed could give us some quite valuable information.

Although I'm fine with lynching either mutant or pisskop, I've decided I'd rather lynch mutant after all. Aside from having way more evidence against him, a newly to be considered reason is that there is a ton of information to be gained by confirming mutant's alignment. If he flips scum, we're onto his potential scumbuddy Creature. Should he flip town, then at least most of us have had a lot of discussion with him which could give new leads. If pisskop gets lynched, his alignment will tell us hardly anything.

UNVOTE: pisskop
VOTE: mutantdevle
Ooooooh

VOTE: Aster
CityElectric
CityElectric
Goon
CityElectric
Goon
Goon

Post Post #353 (ISO) » Mon Dec 04, 2017 4:56 am

Post by CityElectric »

In post 351, wilky wrote:
In post 345, Creature wrote:I'm gonna show you one scum who's just in the background watching town eat itself:

So, like are you going to show why he's scum or should we all just sheep you with no reasons?
This. You're so much more likely to reach something by at least making an effort to convince people of your stance. Please at least try to make an effort.

At this point I'm fine with lynching any of pisskop, mutant or Creature today.
texcat wrote:For those of you who thought it was too early in the Day to lynch Mutant, can you tell us what you've learned by waiting?
That there are some people in this game who apparently really don't feel like contributing to the larger goal of lynching some scum.
wilky
wilky
Mafia Scum
wilky
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #354 (ISO) » Mon Dec 04, 2017 6:12 am

Post by wilky »

In post 353, CityElectric wrote:
In post 351, wilky wrote:

This. You're so much more likely to reach something by at least making an effort to convince people of your stance. Please at least try to make an effort.

At this point I'm fine with lynching any of pisskop, mutant or Creature today.
texcat wrote:For those of you who thought it was too early in the Day to lynch Mutant, can you tell us what you've learned by waiting?
That there are some people in this game who apparently really don't feel like contributing to the larger goal of lynching some scum.
My preferrable lynch would be Creature but pisskop is the more likely lynch and i'm happy with that aswell.
mutantdevle
mutantdevle
Mafia Scum
mutantdevle
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #355 (ISO) » Mon Dec 04, 2017 8:21 am

Post by mutantdevle »

In post 338, Chip Butty wrote:
In post 335, mutantdevle wrote:I think most people have completely forgotten the time role over mechanic of this game.
In post 334, Assemblerotws wrote:I would be fine with lynching either Pisskop or mutant.
Why us 2? It would be nice to know your thoughts since you've basically said nothing all day. And what reason could you possibly have for wanting to vote pisskop? Is he too inactive for you?

Why are we even going after pisskop alone for inactivity? Assemblerotws has said way less than pisskop has that it is literally impossible to read. At least pisskop's shitty reactions to us calling on him to be more active gives us scummy reads.

I’ve decided if either myself or pisskop reaches L-1 then I will hammer as to not unnecessarily waste time.
This doesn't make sense at all if you are town. If you are town then you know 100% you are town, and commonsense says a warm town body is more valuable than the time that would be saved.
I will always value a lynch over a no lynch. If pressured by time the only 2 things that would prevent me from lynching literally anyone is either if they are strongly confirmed town or they claim to be a PR (that I believe is town sided). This includes myself. Due to how this game works, y'all may find yourself pressured for time in future days which could lead various bad things such as making rushed decisions, not getting someone's input in time, or even ending in a no lynch. I will not be selfish in refuses to make the day run on any longer than it needs to when doing so could cause those 3 formerly mentioned issues for the town.

In post 339, Aster wrote:At any rate, there is more information than just about Creature to be had in lynching mutant.
Like what?

In post 346, texcat wrote:For those of you who thought it was too early in the Day to lynch Mutant, can you tell us what you've learned by waiting?
We've learnt what people think of pisskop's behaviour. Had we lynched me there and then pisskop would still be under the radar. We've also learnt that Creature is defending purposely defending me without much justification. Additionally, we've learnt that some people think CommKnight is a little scummy but not enough to actually lynch her.
I mostly just lurk now.
mutantdevle
mutantdevle
Mafia Scum
mutantdevle
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #356 (ISO) » Mon Dec 04, 2017 8:27 am

Post by mutantdevle »

In post 347, MisaTange wrote:Mutant I think we'll get more information on regarding his flip
You're not the only one that has said that but I fail to see what exactly any of you think you are going to learn. To be honest, what I think you are going to learn is:
In post 348, CommKnight wrote:Jack shit.
If you think you are going to learn anything about Creature then you are wrong. Regardless of what I flip, y'all are going to be wanting Creature's neck on the rope next. As Aster put it:
In post 339, Aster wrote:It also puts Creature in a no-win situation: if mutant is scum, Creature is buddying; if mutant is town, Creature is fishing for towncred.
Hence you will learn nothing about Creature since a lot of people will see him as scum anyway.

So what is it that you expect to learn from lynching me that you wouldn't learn from lynching pisskop, or anyone else? -This question applies to everyone that thinks my lynch would be informative.
I mostly just lurk now.
MisaTange
MisaTange
Goon
MisaTange
Goon
Goon

Post Post #357 (ISO) » Mon Dec 04, 2017 8:43 am

Post by MisaTange »

I feel super strongly about "scum Mutant, Creature buddying" world. If you flip scum, ergo Creature is buddying; if you flip town, well, I have to reconsider my reads and what I think about each person. pisskop has very little interaction with one of the players, except for Creature (and Aster iirc) defending his playstyle.

NSG I'd disagree with the statement, but only because the only major events in this game so far has been mutant's Rolefishing Post™ and pisskop's wagon.
"Tell me what you see, tell me. Is it scary? I hope it is, in fact, I hope it scares you to pieces."
Lalendra
Lalendra
Mafia Scum
Lalendra
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #358 (ISO) » Mon Dec 04, 2017 8:51 am

Post by Lalendra »

In post 356, mutantdevle wrote:To be honest, what I think you are going to learn is:
Okay this made me lol.
mutantdevle
mutantdevle
Mafia Scum
mutantdevle
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #359 (ISO) » Mon Dec 04, 2017 9:10 am

Post by mutantdevle »

In post 349, northsidegal wrote:anyone else noticing how mutant only seems to appear or talk when the wagon is on him, but when the focus is shifted away he mysteriously disappears? like, where are the verbose walls for scumhunting rather than just trying to convince everyone that you weren't rolefishing?
I would accept this statement to be true if it was made before the wagon on me fell apart. But clearly, you have not read much of the second half of the day too well.

- I have actively participated in the discussion over what Creature's buddying attitude could mean.
- I have addressed points to and responded to points by wilky that were not necessarily related to my wagon.
- I gave my reads on most players. In this, I suggest Viomi is scum as well as address pisskop's lack of posting. Arguably, it was this post that started the whole discussion of pisskop - so how that isn't scum hunting I don't really understand.
- For the record, this statement was about ChipButty:
In post 214, mutantdevle wrote:I agree with how not knowing scum are in the draft makes him seem like scum playing dumb. I recommend looking more into him after I'm misslynched
(I accidentally missed out his name specifically in my reads post.)
- Here I further back up my thoughts on Viomi and point out some of her hypocrisy.
- I directly call Viomi as scummy here. Surely anyone could make the conclusion I think of Viomi as scum at this point. Additionally, I make a case on CommKnight after re-reading his ISO and finding that I find him more scummy than I had previously. After this post, Creature asks if anyone would want to lynch CommKnight and since then there have been a few thoughts given about it. So technically, I started that as well. I also re-state my slight suspicion of ChipButty. Again, I fail to see how you would consider this post as not scum hunting.
- I criticise Viomi yet again.
- I have also been heavily involved with the discussion regarding pisskop. After all, I did start it.
- Finally, I consider myself to have said the most in this game aside from Wilky. Despite having more posts than me, I don't consider Creature to have said more than me since most of his posts are like quadruple 1 liners that really would have been better as 1 post. So how you can argue that I am not constantly active I don't really get earlier.

Perhaps you don't think I am scum hunting because my scum hunting has been drowned out by having to defend myself against all the accusations that I have received or that I haven't been putting my vote where my mouth is. If the latter then I believe I have stated why I'm not really voting much but I will expand on that:

I put A LOT of effort into every game I play. Regardless If I am alive or dead, I get heavily invested in the games I have signed up for. As a result, my usual* posts are often long and fairly detailed. These posts take me 5-30 minutes to make; this post falling into the latter bracket. My posts in which I make cases against people by directly calling them out as scum and encourage others to join me on their wagon often take an hour or so to write. As of yet, I have not created one of those posts in this game. Why? Well, what's the point? I feel like a lot of what I say simply gets discredited as either the opinion of a scum boi or the poor thoughts of a village idiot. Furthermore, in the case where people actually do at least listen to some of what I say, I guarantee had I made a strong post calling someone out as scum I would have several people accusing me of trying to divert attention away from my own wagon. Why should I spend my time aggressively scum hunting, in contrast to the passive scum hunting I have been doing, when barely anyone here values my opinion? Currently, I feel the only people that value what I have to say are Creature, wilky and Aster. If you were to look at my responses to those three in isolation to the rest of my posts then I'm sure you'd at least consider me a little more towny.
I mostly just lurk now.
mutantdevle
mutantdevle
Mafia Scum
mutantdevle
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #360 (ISO) » Mon Dec 04, 2017 9:10 am

Post by mutantdevle »

In post 358, Lalendra wrote:
In post 356, mutantdevle wrote:To be honest, what I think you are going to learn is:
Okay this made me lol.
Something worth keeping me around for?

No?

Okay.

I tried.
I mostly just lurk now.
Elmo TeH AzN
Elmo TeH AzN
Jack of All Trades
Elmo TeH AzN
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #361 (ISO) » Mon Dec 04, 2017 10:23 am

Post by Elmo TeH AzN »

Prods and Vote Count Later tonight.
Stats not in the wiki. I'm That Crazy Panda.
I Speak Engrish Not English Leave My Grammar Alone.

Permanently V/LA
mutantdevle
mutantdevle
Mafia Scum
mutantdevle
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #362 (ISO) » Mon Dec 04, 2017 12:56 pm

Post by mutantdevle »

In post 184, northsidegal wrote:not sure about for the game in general, but i have a theory as to why mutant's been playing the way he has - i'd still like him to claim to see if it holds any water.
You never told us your theory. Sure I never properly role claimed but rereading this peaked my interest. So if you want to theorise about something then now is the time to do so.
I mostly just lurk now.
Lalendra
Lalendra
Mafia Scum
Lalendra
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #363 (ISO) » Mon Dec 04, 2017 12:57 pm

Post by Lalendra »

She probably didn't tell you her theory because you didn't claim so it's still just a theory.
Elmo TeH AzN
Elmo TeH AzN
Jack of All Trades
Elmo TeH AzN
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #364 (ISO) » Mon Dec 04, 2017 5:20 pm

Post by Elmo TeH AzN »

Vote Count 1.7

CommKnight (1) - Creature
Creature - (1) Chip Butty
northsidegal -
Aster - (1) Viomi
texcat - (1) Pisskop
Viomi -
mutantdevle - (5) northsidegal, texcat, Lalendra, Aster, MisaTange
pisskop - (3) CityElectric, Commknight, wilky
Chip Butty - (1) Assemblerotws
Lalendra -
wilky -
CityElectric -
MisaTange -
Assemblerotws -
No Lynch -
Not Voting: mutantdevle,
With 14 Alive. Takes 8 To Lynch. 7 To No Lynch.

V/LA: CommKnight Dec 7th

Prodding - Pisskop, Assemblerotws
Deadline Timer (expired on 2017-12-10 12:00:00)
Stats not in the wiki. I'm That Crazy Panda.
I Speak Engrish Not English Leave My Grammar Alone.

Permanently V/LA
wilky
wilky
Mafia Scum
wilky
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #365 (ISO) » Tue Dec 05, 2017 1:58 am

Post by wilky »

@Mutant why aren't you voting Viomi then if that's your biggest scum reading or even doing much to build a case to make them lynchable?
mutantdevle
mutantdevle
Mafia Scum
mutantdevle
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #366 (ISO) » Tue Dec 05, 2017 3:03 am

Post by mutantdevle »

In post 365, wilky wrote:@Mutant why aren't you voting Viomi then if that's your biggest scum reading or even doing much to build a case to make them lynchable?
Are you serious? You don’t have to scroll up far to see the answer to that (which is also the second time I’ve explained why I’m not voting).
I mostly just lurk now.
wilky
wilky
Mafia Scum
wilky
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #367 (ISO) » Tue Dec 05, 2017 6:07 am

Post by wilky »

In post 366, mutantdevle wrote:
In post 365, wilky wrote:@Mutant why aren't you voting Viomi then if that's your biggest scum reading or even doing much to build a case to make them lynchable?
Are you serious? You don’t have to scroll up far to see the answer to that (which is also the second time I’ve explained why I’m not voting).
No I seen it I just don't think it answers the question much and all it says in my opinion is what is the point in you making cases if no one town reads you. Another question would be why will anyone change their opinion of you if you won't make the effort to push your reads more and try change our opinion then?
Assemblerotws
Assemblerotws
Goon
Assemblerotws
Goon
Goon

Post Post #368 (ISO) » Tue Dec 05, 2017 6:12 am

Post by Assemblerotws »

UNVOTE:
North. Please share your theory.
Show
Check my wiki for my meta.
"Yeah, when I see an intelligent paragraph, I'll know it's Assemble" -Jay
"I thought Assembler was quite good. I was surprised he was the NK because he's often in the lynch pool, but tunnelling scum will do that to your life expectancy!" -ffery
"assemble GOAT mod" -Mulch
"Anyone who plays with assemble knows silence is NAI" -Maki
Chip Butty
Chip Butty
Mafia Scum
Chip Butty
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #369 (ISO) » Tue Dec 05, 2017 7:38 am

Post by Chip Butty »

I'd like to hear the theory too...
mutantdevle
mutantdevle
Mafia Scum
mutantdevle
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #370 (ISO) » Tue Dec 05, 2017 7:47 am

Post by mutantdevle »

In post 367, wilky wrote:
In post 366, mutantdevle wrote:
No I seen it I just don't think it answers the question much and all it says in my opinion is what is the point in you making cases if no one town reads you.
I never said that no one town reads me. Clearly Creature does and many people have said they think I am a village idiot. My point is that being read as scum or being passed off as a village idiot makes my opinion worthless to most people. Furthermore, why would I make cases on people when players would just use it against me by claiming I am drawing attention away from my wagon. I guarantee that had I made a strong case on someone then there would at least be 1 person using this reason to claim I am scum.
In post 367, wilky wrote:Another question would be why will anyone change their opinion of you if you won't make the effort to push your reads more and try change our opinion then?
I'll start trying to change people's opinions when people become willing to listen. I can't redeem myself if y'all don't let me. You are one of the few players who are willing to listen to me. If you don't believe me then just look at how Creature's opinions get shut down just because they think he might be scum for buddying me. Sure he doesn't go into much detail with his opinions, but considering people have a stronger scum read on me I doubt much of what I say would have any meaningful impact. I've been very vocal about what I think of people's actions and who I think is town vs who I think is scum, why do I need to push them? I'd argue that my passive scum hunting is far more contributory than most of the players here who are either sheeping on the easiest wagons without sharing their own thoughts or are just lurking and, for the most part, getting away with it.

Do any of you really care about me pushing my reads on anyone? Because none of you are coming across as though you do. To me, it feels more like you are just scrutinising my lack of voting as a way of reassuring yourselves that I am scum. You don't care if I actually push on someone, you just choose to point to my lack of hope as a way of making me look scummier in your own eyes.

If you really and truly want me to make pushes on people then take the advice I gave to Viomi about my reads:
In post 224, mutantdevle wrote:Do you expect me to post paragraphs over why I feel a certain way about someone? Should I cite specific posts in my reads? Because I can if you want me to.
If you want me to, I will make several posts outlining my thoughts on individuals with quotes and detail to back up my thoughts. But I'm reasonably busy IRL so it may take me time (which I'm not so sure we have) to write the posts. So if you are willing to give me the time to make a push on players I think are scummy then just ask me to do so. But just don't make me waste an hour or two of my life writing long walls if you are not going to read them or you honestly don't give a fuck. If you doubt your opinion of me could possibly change no matter what I say then don't bloody ask me.
I mostly just lurk now.
Lalendra
Lalendra
Mafia Scum
Lalendra
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #371 (ISO) » Tue Dec 05, 2017 7:55 am

Post by Lalendra »

Could you share reads without writing walls? I think we have plenty of time in the day, and I for one am curious as to what you think of the current gamestate. I would also, to your point, like to see more/indepth posts from Creature.
Creature
Creature
Solve This Game
Creature
Solve This Game
Solve This Game

Post Post #372 (ISO) » Tue Dec 05, 2017 9:41 am

Post by Creature »

I'm still surprised how nobody is questioning how close-minded almost everybody is acting. I don't remember everyone ever agreeing on lynching any of the same three slots.
Sigh
wilky
wilky
Mafia Scum
wilky
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #373 (ISO) » Tue Dec 05, 2017 10:05 am

Post by wilky »

In post 372, Creature wrote:I'm still surprised how nobody is questioning how close-minded almost everybody is acting. I don't remember everyone ever agreeing on lynching any of the same three slots.

Or the possibility that the 3 proposed slots have acted far more scummy than the rest of the slots? And not
everyone
wants to lynch the same 3 spots do they? I mean considering one of those spots I think is town pretty much shoots that statement down already.
Aster
Aster
Goon
Aster
Goon
Goon

Post Post #374 (ISO) » Tue Dec 05, 2017 10:11 am

Post by Aster »

Alright. I give up. Town will not be able to get anyone lynched today until time forces us to. Taking that in account, I guess I should just make use of this time to sidetrack a bit with some readings on others?

Although not half as trolly, I need to remark that Assemblerotws is an even worse lurker than pisskop. He's only made four posts so far, all of which are one-liners. I had been ignoring him so far because I thought he would end up getting replaced, but it seems he came here for the obligatory posting requirement anyway. In particular, his following posts are remarkable:
In post 213, Assemblerotws wrote:I personally think Mutant is newbtown. Not sure on anyone else yet.
In post 334, Assemblerotws wrote:I would be fine with lynching either Pisskop or mutant.
He made no other posts between these two (though there is a big time gap.) There are two things that spring into my eye:
  1. She suddenly, without explanation, went from mutant being newbtown to willing to lynch mutant;
  2. She is fine with lynching pisskop. Never mind that his lurking is even worse than pisskop's.
The only thing that puts him below pisskop in the "please policy lynch me" totem is that this guy doesn't act like a troll. Other than that we may as well take him down along with pisskop.

The only problem is that if we keep policy lynching everyone who acts anti-town, at this rate the entire town may end up dead before we get to the actual scumlynching.

On to the next target. From Viomi, the following post in particular stands out:
In post 145, Viomi wrote:1. I don't think scum gets to talk before draft
2. Even if they did, they could have multiple people choose the same thing just to throw people like you off. It's WIFOM.
Point 1 is remarkable because she makes this statement after the host had already confirmed the opposite:
In post 127, Elmo TeH AzN wrote:
In post 122, CommKnight wrote:
@Mod: Did mafia have pre-game chat before draft was sent in?
Throughout the bidding phases, the thread is locked, however, mafia may collude privately during this time and then again throughout the day.
I already accused Chip Butty of feigning ignorance, but after another doofus waltzed in with the same kind of feigned ignorance, I kind of dropped the point because maybe there are just that many idiots? At any rate, this shows that Viomi isn't paying too much attention to the thread.

However, there feels to be something more off about this post than just the (possibly) feigned ignorance that I accused Chip Butty of: Viomi seems to really want to drive the point that we shouldn't assume that there aren't multiple scum in the same number group. While the scum may indeed have decided to cause WIFOM, doesn't hse brush away the role sacrifice scum would have to make for that too easily? he

Also, supposing that Viomi didn't have a clue whether or not the scum was able to chat during the draft, what would she have to gain with asserting that she doesn't think scum got to talk during the draft?

I really get the impression that Viomi is trying to handle an agenda here.

In addition to the above, she's made a couple more (blatantly wrong or really stupid) posts that give me the impression that Viomi has turned off her brain and is just saying whatever:
In post 85, Viomi wrote:Nope. The lower your number is, if it was picked by multiple people, the lower priority you'll get. Multiple-person 1 will always go last.
In post 215, Viomi wrote:I mean, mutant is blatantly obvious scum asking for PR claims, and he isn't lynched yet, so... Maybe Creature thought the only way to save him would to be blatant as well?
In post 271, Viomi wrote:Also mutantdevle I haven't been contributing to discussion on you much because everything I've wanted to say has already been said? And filling the thread up with the same information for more reading doesn't help us any, so...
Mutant looks like an idiot who is at least thinking; Viomi, on the other hand, simply doesn't seem to be thinking at all.

The lack of any mental contribution combined with the possibility that she's running a mafia agenda make me suspicious of her.

Time to expand my list of suspicious players.
  • mutantdevle;
  • pisskop;
  • Viomi;
  • Creature;
  • Assemblerotws;
  • Chip Butty;

Return to “Completed Open Games”