Micro 759: Tarot uPick III - Game Over!

Micro Games (9 players or fewer). Archived during the 2023 queue overhaul.
Jabarkas Mayonnaise
Jabarkas Mayonnaise
Goon
Jabarkas Mayonnaise
Goon
Goon

Post Post #500 (ISO) » Sat Dec 09, 2017 5:51 pm

Post by Jabarkas Mayonnaise »

In post 493, Dunkerdoodles wrote:

also acid never claimed prot as far as i can see
can someone point out where he softed it if he really did

In post 422, Porkens wrote:Are you sorting a protective role right now?
In post 423, acidphoenix wrote:i may or may not be

part b. is the important part of that and there's a very large chance i'm softing a neighborizer
He was kind of vague about it, so Jabarkas doesn’t know what Not Clown was cc’ing

-XL
The best way to achieve your goals is through conquest.
nancy
nancy
Jack of All Trades
nancy
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #501 (ISO) » Sat Dec 09, 2017 6:06 pm

Post by nancy »

YO GUYS WHAT'S HAPPENING NANCY BE ALL ABOUT IT
:2017-2018:
hi meet my mafiascum gravestone, the flowers were probably left by camn or schadd or Prism, blow them kisses for me would you?
nancy
nancy
Jack of All Trades
nancy
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #502 (ISO) » Sat Dec 09, 2017 6:07 pm

Post by nancy »

Fuck I used gendered language I am a horrible human being.
hi meet my mafiascum gravestone, the flowers were probably left by camn or schadd or Prism, blow them kisses for me would you?
nancy
nancy
Jack of All Trades
nancy
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #503 (ISO) » Sat Dec 09, 2017 6:09 pm

Post by nancy »

acidphoenix if you'd like to neighborize me I'd love to chat with you and I promise you I won't wall. Plus and drealmer is going to hate me for this but I have super sekrit role-related reasons why neighborizing me could be beneficial.
fferyllt
fferyllt
Titan of Trajectory

fferyllt
Titan of Trajectory

Titan of Trajectory

Post Post #504 (ISO) » Sat Dec 09, 2017 6:16 pm

Post by fferyllt »

Vote Count 1-10

Jabarkas Mayonnaise
(2): Yetichain, northsidegal
Not Known 15
(1): Dunkerdoodles
Yetichain
(1): Jabarkas Mayonnaise
northsidegal
(1): Not Known 15

Not Voting
(4): acidphoenix, Porkens, nancy, drealmerz

With 9 alive, it takes 5 to lynch.

Deadline: December 18, Midnight US Eastern Time.

Countdown: (expired on 2017-12-17 21:00:00)

Mod Notes:

- :]
Last edited by fferyllt on Sun Dec 10, 2017 5:32 am, edited 1 time in total.
Amid the pressure of great events, a general principle gives no help.

Idic
nancy
nancy
Jack of All Trades
nancy
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #505 (ISO) » Sat Dec 09, 2017 6:19 pm

Post by nancy »

Hi ffery

I have a hottake on the last few pages but I'm tired and due to vanity don't feel like dropping it until I'm energized enough to articulate it properly.
Yetichain
Yetichain
Townie
Yetichain
Townie
Townie

Post Post #506 (ISO) » Sat Dec 09, 2017 8:16 pm

Post by Yetichain »

Hi I've been out most of the weekend and I just skimmed the last few pages. I seem to be a key talking point in North v Jabarkas and I want to get in on that.

I'll make a better case on Jabarkas when I get home because I don't think I've made myself clear judging by what's been said and I'm still feeling scum there. I also need to sort out how I feel about the rest of the playerlist. My apologies for being kind of absent.

-Key
Hydra of Keychain and Yeticrab.
(But mostly Keychain <3 )
Jabarkas Mayonnaise
Jabarkas Mayonnaise
Goon
Jabarkas Mayonnaise
Goon
Goon

Post Post #507 (ISO) » Sat Dec 09, 2017 10:09 pm

I kind of hate your vague 'casing' and the fact you'll double down with being clear, but, lol, not right now, gotta spend some time to make sure you sound real town when you explain your scum push.
Maybe instead of casing me out, you can address the questions and comments addressed to you, then you could maybe weigh in on any one of the dozen other things happening in this game rather than trying to recoup game momentum into an anti-Jabarkus push.

-V
nancy
nancy
Jack of All Trades
nancy
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #508 (ISO) » Sat Dec 09, 2017 10:25 pm

Post by nancy »

nancy
nancy
Jack of All Trades
nancy
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #509 (ISO) » Sat Dec 09, 2017 11:13 pm

Post by nancy »

Think I actually need to take a V/LA so I don't get burned out here.

@mod 2-day vacay.
Yetichain
Yetichain
Townie
Yetichain
Townie
Townie

Post Post #510 (ISO) » Sun Dec 10, 2017 1:58 am

Post by Yetichain »

Look after yourself, nancy!

Jabarkas Mayonnaise wrote:I kind of hate your vague 'casing' and the fact you'll double down with being clear, but, lol, not right now, gotta spend some time to make sure you sound real town when you explain your scum push.
Maybe instead of casing me out, you can address the questions and comments addressed to you, then you could maybe weigh in on any one of the dozen other things happening in this game rather than trying to recoup game momentum into an anti-Jabarkus push.

-V
I can't post on buses, I get motion sickness, you're lucky you got what you did. I prefer to be thorough rather than posting off the cuff, because that's when my reads get really bad. I've already said this. I don't know why you'd expect otherwise.

And no, I don't think I'm going to just dismiss my scumread on you just because you threw an absolute hissy and claimed you were somehow being persecuted for "playing the game". That was after... two votes on you? You signed up to a micro with two week deadlines, my friend. It sounds like the level of activity you want would be more blitz-style, but hey that's not really my interest here. I don't have a great sense of game momentum, and the idea that you'd think it has relevance on my pushes at this point is kind of perplexing to me anyway.

I'll search for Key* and Yeti* and see if I catch all the questions for me, and then I'll go through your ISO to explain my scumread on you so you can stop spinning it in such bizarre ways (though I'll accept some of the blame for that - I should have caught those misconceptions as they arose and not let them fester for so long), and then I'll get the sleep I really need because I'm running on empty. How is that?

Okay, first, questions. The only thing addressed to me since my last post appears to be your own . It sounded like there would be more from the way you put it, did I miss something you wanted me to respond to?
In post 390, Jabarkas Mayonnaise wrote:@Yetichain: I don't see that the meaning is changed significantly, just your interpretation of it which, hey, that's the point of elaboration, is it not?
I don't know why Xiao's posted all of, like, one or two times, though he's not nearly as vocal a player as I am. I can give him a bit of a shakeup and tell him to engage with the game if you want, but, y'know, I'm here now, so why even deflect like that to my hydra partner. In fact, why even say something like, "Is your hydra buddy around? Are they half as scummy as you?"

Also, you're literally fucking wrong about the 'raging about the gamestate' bullshit that you're putting out, because it's very obvious within just the last two pages, based on my actions and the reactions of others, that the game state HAS changed dramatically. So, y'know, maybe don't literally deny the reality of the situation in order to spout a platitude to defend a vote you have and give platform to the replace-in who's parroting you and yes-manning your wagon.

-V
No, the point of me asking you to elaborate is because I thought the approach you were coming from was wonky and rather than you going "oh yes this is why I think the way I do" and either reaffirming it or visibly changing your mind, you appeared to retcon it to something more reasonable. Sketchy.

Secondly, I enjoy playing in hydras and I find the dynamics really interesting, which was why I asked after your partner. Plus I've not played with him before and I do like meeting new players. I did note he voiced a townread on me in and you voted me despite that in , but I've no idea if it's AI for you two.

Re: raging about the gamestate bullshit... wow. That fury, isn't it just so warm and friendly and very like someone who is hunting for scum and not completely flipping out at getting scumread? Yeah I didn't think so either :wink: That said, it's not always AI, sometimes townies get their counterproductive rage on. So I'll look at the pages you were referring to because there's nothing like a bit of evidence to clear this kind of thing up.

Okay. So it seems the activity pg14 was Porkens and NK15, then things went quiet. The thing is that every single one of your posts around here is super amiable, including the ones where I was trying to prompt you into something by asking questions. It was weird to me and kind of like I was sliding off glass so I might have made a bit of a more antagonistic comment to see if I could goad you into something.
Your was instep with Porkens's . And this is where I mean you're going after lurkers instead of engaging any of the perfectly nice players already hanging around. Lurker pressure is such an easy way to look town - after all, you're "generating content"! But in reality you've already passed up opportunities to engage, and you're zeroing in on a place where you're least likely to get anything.

You say in that you're doing it because you don't have any way to read Acid without content. Fair. But that presumes you already had a read on all the more active players - otherwise, why weren't you focusing on
them
? It looked like you were waiting for a more easy push, and Porkens paved the way.

Then ... I hate buzzwords so I'll avoid the one I want to use here but you use your push on a lurker to put yourself on a pedestal instead of
engaging the flaming active players.

You do like a complete 180 in tone and it's bizarre. You go from pleasant and not making waves to suddenly thrashing about all over the place. You're not making anything happen. North votes you shortly after and you continue this rage. Not much of note happens between that and the question you directed to me - in particular, a lack of any content from Acid which is where you were pushing - where you claim credit for things happening in the earlier pages despite the fact that your raging had actually appeared that very page. The only thing that happened was North voting you.

So in summary... you appear to be literally denying the reality of the situation to discredit scumreads on you, and if you disagree I'd rather you provide evidence instead of more of whatever this was. And don't get your knickers in a twist over me approving of a vote on my scumread, like what game are you playing mate? This is mafia and I want my scumreads lynched or at least under pressure, not lightly jostled. I need to take a closer look at North because I think as scum she'd absolutely follow my push on replace in, but those are separate things. In the meantime, why don't you scumhunt instead of focusing on scrapping with players scumreading you?

Oh it seems I condensed most of my explanation of my scumread of you into my answer to your question. That's probably good, I've probably written enough words for now. I've got more stuff to say and do in this game tomorrow, I need to get a better picture of the whole table before I go any further with this scumread. I'm feeling energetic. Isn't that nice?

-Key
Hydra of Keychain and Yeticrab.
(But mostly Keychain <3 )
Jabarkas Mayonnaise
Jabarkas Mayonnaise
Goon
Jabarkas Mayonnaise
Goon
Goon

Post Post #511 (ISO) » Sun Dec 10, 2017 4:37 am

My frustration at being voted for playing the game came specifically as a response from Porkens' vote on me, the third vote on me, which put me at L-2, and, as far as I was aware, was a vote on me for simply playing the game.
The fact that you're claiming you are being thorough, yet missed BOTH the amount of votes on me as wells as what my argument was in response to, and the fact that you're calling it a 'hissy fit' already tells me that you're beginning this wall from a place of uninformed bias.

As of that post 375, I did already have fairly informed reads on the active players. That should have been fairly obvious by my posts, as well. I'd softed townreads on Porkens, Drealmerz, and Nancy at the very least, while expressing scumreads on you, Acid, and Northsidegal/LUV. The only players I hadn't outright sorted one way or another by that time were NK15 and Dunkerdoodles, who you'd see I interacted/engaged with later and have since come to an informed read on. You continuing to wagon me for what you say is "pass(ing) up opportunities to engage, and zeroing in on a place where you're least likely to get anything" is very obviously untrue, even as of post 370, but definitely as of now. Were you not aware of my reads being this informed? How could you not be given how outspoken I am? Is it not clear that I've been engaging with these other slots since then, and have come to fruitful conclusions about them based on our interactions/their posting? Why are you continuing to press this envelope of Jabarkas not focusing on other, active players and instead pushing an 'easy push'? Why do you consider my push against Acid (or even NSG) as 'easy' pushes, when neither of them were made with full intent to lynch, and instead were largely for pressure because those players were ones playing in a way I didn't understand and couldn't determine alignment from?

I don't appreciate your projection to me of 'denying reality' and using the word 'literally', both of which are things that apply to my criticism of your slot and are very evident in my posts. For evidence, the words 'reality' and 'reality' both show up in my ISO 7 times, with 'literally' being used four whole times between posts 390 and 394 and the phrase 'denying the reality of the situation' used as a phrase only when I am talking about Yetichain in posts 390 and 426. It's evident that post 390 must have struck a chord with you, not just because you directly quote it in your 'casing' against me that looks to be more information than analysis, but given your response, as I have proven here, is untrue, but also is filled with discrediting phrases such as "you're lucky you got what you did," "just because you threw an absolute hissy and claimed you were somehow being persecuted," "raging about the gamestate bullshit," "You're not making anything happen," "don't get your knickers in a twist," and so on. It feels as though you're coming from a place of frustration and inability to understand/dismissal of my play, but I don't see very many questions from you trying to figure out why I might be playing like this. If anyone's not scumhunting, it may be you. Where's your engagement with the other players? Why tunnel me like this? Why not ask me questions to try to come to a more informed read instead of just outright damning me in the ways you have?

I find it a bit strange, because it seems that people who have voted me are either of the Yetichain/NSG camp of "You're not making anything happen" (despite evidence to the contrary) or of the Porken's camp of claiming that I am "mastermining." To further highlight the awkwardness of the pushes I see on me, Yetichain, you yourself even ask here, "In the meantime, why don't you scumhunt instead of focusing on scrapping with players scumreading you?" And, yet, you're scumreading me for scumhunting outside of those people when I was voting and engaging with Acidphoenix. I think it's perfectly valid to raise concerns about people voting for me, because I have information that they are voting for town. If you're a cop with an inno on someone, wouldn't you also suspect people who vote for your innocent, especially when the logic they're using to back up their votes doesn't seem sound or town-motivated?

And the criticism that I'm expecting the activity of a blitz? When I begin to complain around 376 about it, that's only 376 posts within over 5 days of the game being open. A minitheme that I just joined on-site is currently about to hit that many posts in just two days. But since that's ongoing, I'm more at leisure to talk about games I've just finished. Maplewood Village (an unfair comparison, perhaps, due to being a larger game) was at 1500 posts around 5 days in. Paint Mafia Mania was at over 600 posts around 5 days in. But let's actually look at a Blitz that I clearly have experience with--the only Blitz I've been a part of within over a year's time (probably the only Blitz I've been a part of on this site, ever)--the game that I ran, Protomen Mafia. At 5 days in, we had a lynch already (obviously) and were at over 1500 posts.
So, no, I'm clearly not expecting the 'activity' of a blitz. I'm just expecting what is normal on-site levels of activity. Moreover, my criticism is far less about activity, and far more about the generation of content, something that a lot of players in this game, even the active ones, seem to still be struggling with.

I appreciate you taking the time to parse out more of what's informing your scumread on me, as well as using tags to direct to posts and so on, but I still believe that you're coming from a scum point of view and floundering on giving reasonable rationale for voting for me. The way that you've conducted yourself, especially in post 510, strikes me as projecting, reaching, insisting on untrue things, discrediting, and, overall, as a failure to take the time to actually engage with my slot rather than damn me for playing in a way that's incomprehensible to you. That, coupled with your intense focus on me independent of everything else happening in the game, makes me feel as though you're more likely to be scum than not. I don't see how a town player sees a player playing in a frustrated, 'thrashing', 180-turning manner and votes that player without trying to at least ask several questions to come to some sort of informed understanding of why that player is acting in the way they are. I don't see why a town player would insist on an untrue representation of the game reality in order to continue to justify their vote, rather than admitting the place where they are wrong. I don't see a town player making use of this much discrediting rhetoric when casing a scumread. As for the IIoA (information-instead-of-analysis) and projecting stuff, that's largely NAI (not alignment indicative) to me, but coupled with the rest of it, I could see how scum, who's now caught a vote and been called out on exactly what they were doing, would react in that way when tipped off balance.

So, for now, I'll continue to vote you, because I don't understand where you're coming from and how you can continue this wagon on me given the gamestate.
I'll still answer other people's questions and be engaging with others; don't take this as some death-tunnel, but, rather, that you're my most informed scumread at the moment.
If you actually have questions for me, feel free to ask them, but I'd like you to address at least some of the concerns I raise in this post.

-V
Jabarkas Mayonnaise
Jabarkas Mayonnaise
Goon
Jabarkas Mayonnaise
Goon
Goon

Post Post #512 (ISO) » Sun Dec 10, 2017 4:38 am

D'oh, that should read that the words 'reality' and 'literally' show up 7 times in my ISO.
Porkens
Porkens
Survivor
Porkens
Survivor
Survivor
Happy Scumday!

Post Post #513 (ISO) » Sun Dec 10, 2017 5:21 am

Post by Porkens »

I have no clue what's what
Jabarkas Mayonnaise
Jabarkas Mayonnaise
Goon
Jabarkas Mayonnaise
Goon
Goon

Post Post #514 (ISO) » Sun Dec 10, 2017 5:40 am

This Jabarkas still thinks Spaghetti seems more town, but Varbarkas thinks they’re scum, so the vote is fine.
That said Jabarkas does think that the activity IS low compared to most games Jabarkas has played and Varbarkas’ frustrations are normal.
(That said, I acknowledge that I haven’t been very active as this past week has been busy for me. Apologies to Varsoon for having to roll solo, but I’m trying to hop back into the game.)

-XL
Dunkerdoodles
Dunkerdoodles
Mafia Scum
Dunkerdoodles
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #515 (ISO) » Sun Dec 10, 2017 6:39 am

Post by Dunkerdoodles »

In post 513, Porkens wrote:I have no clue what's what
Not Known 15
Not Known 15
Mafia Scum
Not Known 15
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #516 (ISO) » Sun Dec 10, 2017 6:51 am

Post by Not Known 15 »

Can someone tell me why we have so few votes on Northsidegal/LUV? I see no good reason for a townread, but I see good reasons for scumreads. Why should we not vote them?
(I am mostly suspecting the team to be Porkens and Northsidegal/LUV here right now; but I am less sure about Porkens)
Dunkerdoodles
Dunkerdoodles
Mafia Scum
Dunkerdoodles
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #517 (ISO) » Sun Dec 10, 2017 6:55 am

Post by Dunkerdoodles »

well, some people townread them, and some people have scummier targets to vote.
or both :)
Porkens
Porkens
Survivor
Porkens
Survivor
Survivor
Happy Scumday!

Post Post #518 (ISO) » Sun Dec 10, 2017 7:58 am

Post by Porkens »

Here's a thing.

Some folks said that they "got their first choice" for pick. I got an amalgam of my 3 choices. Although, I picked 3 that I felt meant somethign together, and FF may have picked up on that and done my role accordingly?

I'm sorry if I irritated you JM. It wasn't my intention to cause you stress. I wanted to see if anyone would hop on.

I have to say I think the scum are doing a decent job of blending in, but I'm forgiving a couple of lackluster posters because I've seen them lackluster post in previous games.

I think that NK's agression was forced. And I do believe that is scum.

VOTE: Not KNown 15
Jabarkas Mayonnaise
Jabarkas Mayonnaise
Goon
Jabarkas Mayonnaise
Goon
Goon

Post Post #519 (ISO) » Sun Dec 10, 2017 9:07 am

I got my first choice but also my other choices, but it seemed like my first choice was most prominent/told to me first, if that makes sense?
Not Known 15
Not Known 15
Mafia Scum
Not Known 15
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #520 (ISO) » Sun Dec 10, 2017 9:40 am

Post by Not Known 15 »

In post 518, Porkens wrote:Here's a thing.

Some folks said that they "got their first choice" for pick. I got an amalgam of my 3 choices. Although, I picked 3 that I felt meant somethign together, and FF may have picked up on that and done my role accordingly?

I'm sorry if I irritated you JM. It wasn't my intention to cause you stress. I wanted to see if anyone would hop on.

I have to say I think the scum are doing a decent job of blending in, but I'm forgiving a couple of lackluster posters because I've seen them lackluster post in previous games.

I think that NK's agression was forced. And I do believe that is scum.

VOTE: Not KNown 15
And I think that THIS is scum. I would prefer lynching Northsidegal because they are more scummy to me, but that does not seem to happen.
VOTE: Porkens
I have given enough reasons in my posts for this. I feel that Porkens is trying to divert attention from their scumpartner(probably North). I could be wrong but there was a connection between LUV and Porkens.
northsidegal
northsidegal
Survivor
northsidegal
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #521 (ISO) » Sun Dec 10, 2017 9:43 am

Post by northsidegal »

okay, when someone's written a mafia seven paragraph essay that doesn't all fit on my screen at once i think it's time for me to take a short break from that particular discussion.

what are people's thoughts on acid?
In post 468, Porkens wrote:Yeah probably. I decided I want to lynch acid tho because his claim was desperate. And I think his other power is maf

VOTE: acidpheonix
did you detect something that i didn't from that interaction, or is it that you just think he's lying? what made you call his claim desperate? it didn't seem to me like he was in a whole lot of danger.
Not Known 15
Not Known 15
Mafia Scum
Not Known 15
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #522 (ISO) » Sun Dec 10, 2017 9:47 am

Post by Not Known 15 »

In post 521, northsidegal wrote:okay, when someone's written a mafia seven paragraph essay that doesn't all fit on my screen at once i think it's time for me to take a short break from that particular discussion.

what are people's thoughts on acid?
In post 468, Porkens wrote:Yeah probably. I decided I want to lynch acid tho because his claim was desperate. And I think his other power is maf

VOTE: acidpheonix
did you detect something that i didn't from that interaction, or is it that you just think he's lying? what made you call his claim desperate? it didn't seem to me like he was in a whole lot of danger.
Or that is just scum Porkens making something up to throw suspicion onto others.
northsidegal
northsidegal
Survivor
northsidegal
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #523 (ISO) » Sun Dec 10, 2017 9:49 am

Post by northsidegal »

In post 522, Not Known 15 wrote:Or that is just scum Porkens making something up to throw suspicion onto others.
and what gives you that impression?
Not Known 15
Not Known 15
Mafia Scum
Not Known 15
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #524 (ISO) » Sun Dec 10, 2017 10:11 am

Post by Not Known 15 »

In post 523, northsidegal wrote:
In post 522, Not Known 15 wrote:Or that is just scum Porkens making something up to throw suspicion onto others.
and what gives you that impression?
Well, first, there was no big pressure on Acid.
Second, that was not the first time Porkens misrepresented something(the
pages
incident)

Return to “Mayfair Club [Micro Games]”