Newbie 1838: Pirates vs Ninjas: GAME OVER!

For Newbie Games, which have a set format and experienced moderators. Archived during the 2023 queue overhaul.
Bellaphant
Bellaphant
Jack of All Trades
Bellaphant
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #325 (ISO) » Wed Dec 13, 2017 2:14 pm

Post by Bellaphant »

...^ is gross. Can lynch.
TheGoldenParadox
TheGoldenParadox
he
Mafia Scum
TheGoldenParadox
he
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum
Pronoun: he

Post Post #326 (ISO) » Wed Dec 13, 2017 2:20 pm

Post by TheGoldenParadox »

? What does that mean?
Jodaxq
Jodaxq
Goon
Jodaxq
Goon
Goon

Post Post #327 (ISO) » Wed Dec 13, 2017 2:24 pm

Post by Jodaxq »

In post 324, TheGoldenParadox wrote:
In post 313, Jodaxq wrote:You all really don't need to spend any more effort in this game. I know it's hard to not speculate on the NK, but eventually TGP will come in and tell us. We've probably got to wait through the phase where he accuses me of being scum because I'm tunneling him first though
Oh, so this is what it is all about; me claiming vanilla townie. Thank you Nauci for clarifying.
I thought that what you're supposed to do. Claim before the first vote no matter what. Obviously, you guys don't do this.
That's certainly what me and all my friends do when we play mafia irl.
Anyway, I don't accuse you, Jodaxq, you look like a town.
Didn't I hear you say that these "scum" slips rarely ever are scum?
I have never played forum games like this, only irl games and Mafia Mystery.
Why don't you try keeping your mind a bit more open? I'm not scum, and if you lynch me, then I flip town, and the mafia will have a huge advantage.
Why would there be a mozamis nightkill? What if VOTE: Alonzo did it because mozamis was attacking him yesterday?
You have the choice to vote me. But I encourage you to keep a little bit more of an open mind, since everyone makes mistakes and everyone slips back into different gameplay and common things sometimes.
Likewise, I would like to issue an apology to Nauci for strongly attacking you yesterday. Nauci, I know how it feels when you slip back into doing things in other places.
Thank you for answering my question. So you killed Mozamis to make it look like Alonzo could be the scum. I guess it's not the worst play, but I still think you would have been better off killing Smiles in theory as you likely needed both Mozamis and Alonzo to be the ones mislynched. In reality, the only way you were going to have a chance at this game was to kill me, but I obviously can't fault you for not knowing that.

I also really appreciate that you kept fighting. I figured there was a decent chance that newbie scum would have given up after their partner was lynched D1 and someone was this much on to them on D2. It was kind of fun to watch you squirm though.

I also like that you didn't move to the "Jodaxq must be scum!!" phase. I'll admit I was expecting that.
Jodaxq
Jodaxq
Goon
Jodaxq
Goon
Goon

Post Post #328 (ISO) » Wed Dec 13, 2017 2:25 pm

Post by Jodaxq »

In post 326, TheGoldenParadox wrote:? What does that mean?
It means I could get everyone on to you if I continued to scream your name and have you keep having to respond to me, but I'd feel bad about having you have to squirm around that much.
Jodaxq
Jodaxq
Goon
Jodaxq
Goon
Goon

Post Post #329 (ISO) » Wed Dec 13, 2017 2:32 pm

Post by Jodaxq »

Also @
TheGoldenParadox
, why do you think I'm so on to you?
TheGoldenParadox
TheGoldenParadox
he
Mafia Scum
TheGoldenParadox
he
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #330 (ISO) » Wed Dec 13, 2017 2:35 pm

In post 327, Jodaxq wrote:
In post 313, Jodaxq wrote:You all really don't need to spend any more effort in this game. I know it's hard to not speculate on the NK, but eventually TGP will come in and tell us. We've probably got to wait through the phase where he accuses me of being scum because I'm tunneling him first though
Oh, so this is what it is all about; me claiming vanilla townie. Thank you Nauci for clarifying.
I thought that what you're supposed to do. Claim before the first vote no matter what. Obviously, you guys don't do this.
Why don't you try keeping your mind a bit more open? I'm not scum, and if you lynch me, then I flip town, and the mafia will have a huge advantage.
Why would there be a mozamis nightkill? What if VOTE: Alonzo did it because mozamis was attacking him yesterday?
You have the choice to vote me. But I encourage you to keep a little bit more of an open mind, since everyone makes mistakes and everyone slips back into different gameplay and common things sometimes.
Likewise, I would like to issue an apology to Nauci for strongly attacking you yesterday. Nauci, I know how it feels when you slip back into doing things in other places.
Thank you for answering my question. So you killed Mozamis to make it look like Alonzo could be the scum. I guess it's not the worst play, but I still think you would have been better off killing Smiles in theory as you likely needed both Mozamis and Alonzo to be the ones mislynched. In reality, the only way you were going to have a chance at this game was to kill me, but I obviously can't fault you for not knowing that.

I also really appreciate that you kept fighting. I figured there was a decent chance that newbie scum would have given up after their partner was lynched D1 and someone was this much on to them on D2. It was kind of fun to watch you squirm though.

I also like that you didn't move to the "Jodaxq must be scum!!" phase. I'll admit I was expecting that.
Please. Just please. I didn't kill Mozamis to make it look like Alonzo could be scum. I did not kill Mozamis. You keep going on and on about me, but what you really are doing is taking my post completely out of context. Why can't you answer my simple question; why am I a member of the Mafia? You have no quotes, nothing, but you are accusing me. Jodaxq, I have no reason to doubt that you are town, but you look like a town that is trying to hurry for a lynch, just like Mozamis yesterday with Alonzo. It is surprising that you can't give a reason for anything that you say, no claim to back it up, no evidence. Is it that I role revealed at the wrong time? Please tell me WHY you think I am scum so I can respond and prove to you that I am not. If you wagon me then you have a free lynch for Mafia and a mislynch that may cost you the game.
Jodaxq
Jodaxq
Goon
Jodaxq
Goon
Goon

Post Post #331 (ISO) » Wed Dec 13, 2017 2:47 pm

Post by Jodaxq »

In post 330, TheGoldenParadox wrote:
In post 327, Jodaxq wrote:

Please. Just please. I didn't kill Mozamis to make it look like Alonzo could be scum. I did not kill Mozamis. You keep going on and on about me, but what you really are doing is taking my post completely out of context. Why can't you answer my simple question; why am I a member of the Mafia? You have no quotes, nothing, but you are accusing me. Jodaxq, I have no reason to doubt that you are town, but you look like a town that is trying to hurry for a lynch, just like Mozamis yesterday with Alonzo. It is surprising that you can't give a reason for anything that you say, no claim to back it up, no evidence. Is it that I role revealed at the wrong time? Please tell me WHY you think I am scum so I can respond and prove to you that I am not. If you wagon me then you have a free lynch for Mafia and a mislynch that may cost you the game.
You're a member of mafia because when fferylit randomized the player list, you happened to be randomly assigned mafia.

You've humored me so I'll humor you. I became suspicious of you with Acidphoenix's vote for you when he was at L-1. Up until this point you hadn't really done that much and I was pretty null with you. His vote combined with your absolutely horrendous pushes in post 225 followed by Acid's quick 180 on you in post 249 made me think you would be the best candidate for Acid's partner.

You fakeclaimed at the wrong time, but it had nothing to do with my read on you.

If you really want to keep fighting then be my guest as I chuckle at your posts.

Also I'd like you to answer my question in post 329
TheGoldenParadox
TheGoldenParadox
he
Mafia Scum
TheGoldenParadox
he
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #332 (ISO) » Wed Dec 13, 2017 2:57 pm

Please provide more context for post 329. Do you mean that you are hostile to me, and you want to know if I know why? Or do you want to know if I think that you are hostile to me in the first place? Because you are extremely hostile.
Thank you for "humoring" me. If my pushes were so horrendous, why did you all but ignore them in your next wave of posts?
Acid's 180 on me was because he knew that I was not a good candidate for a mislynch and he should go with someone else who had acted more scummy. This is obvious. There are a lot of reasons Acid could have voted me and then unvoted. That does not provide a good basis.
Chuckle at my posts? I'm having a very good laugh at yours as you frantically try to draw this day to a close.
Jodaxq
Jodaxq
Goon
Jodaxq
Goon
Goon

Post Post #333 (ISO) » Wed Dec 13, 2017 3:03 pm

Post by Jodaxq »

In post 332, TheGoldenParadox wrote:Please provide more context for post 329. Do you mean that you are hostile to me, and you want to know if I know why? Or do you want to know if I think that you are hostile to me in the first place? Because you are extremely hostile.
Thank you for "humoring" me. If my pushes were so horrendous, why did you all but ignore them in your next wave of posts?
Acid's 180 on me was because he knew that I was not a good candidate for a mislynch and he should go with someone else who had acted more scummy. This is obvious. There are a lot of reasons Acid could have voted me and then unvoted. That does not provide a good basis.
Chuckle at my posts? I'm having a very good laugh at yours as you frantically try to draw this day to a close.
I'm usually pretty hostile towards my enemies in a game of mafia. Don't take it personally (not saying you did). But yes, I'd like to know if you know why I'm being so hostile.

I feel like those things are actually a very good basis for suspicion.

I really cannot imagine you're laughing unless you laugh while panicking.
TheGoldenParadox
TheGoldenParadox
he
Mafia Scum
TheGoldenParadox
he
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #334 (ISO) » Wed Dec 13, 2017 3:05 pm

"Panicking"? This is a game. This is actually funny to me. Also, please respond to my question: If my pushes were so horrendous, why did you all but ignore them in your next wave of posts?
TheGoldenParadox
TheGoldenParadox
he
Mafia Scum
TheGoldenParadox
he
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #335 (ISO) » Wed Dec 13, 2017 3:08 pm

You're being hostile because you have a strong read on me. I'm not taking it personally. As I said, this is a game.
Jodaxq
Jodaxq
Goon
Jodaxq
Goon
Goon

Post Post #336 (ISO) » Wed Dec 13, 2017 3:11 pm

Post by Jodaxq »

In post 334, TheGoldenParadox wrote:"Panicking"? This is a game. This is actually funny to me. Also, please respond to my question: If my pushes were so horrendous, why did you all but ignore them in your next wave of posts?
What makes it funny to you? I find it funny because I know the truth and I'm picturing you squirming in your seat as you come up with these posts.

I didn't respond to your pushes in a hostile way for a couple of reasons. The main one is that at the time you could have been newbie town who focused on the wrong things. It wasn't until Acid was confirmed mafia that really raised my suspicions. The second one is that regardless of how Acid flipped you were in my pretty small pool of scum possibles and I didn't want to do anything that could draw a night hit.
TheGoldenParadox
TheGoldenParadox
he
Mafia Scum
TheGoldenParadox
he
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #337 (ISO) » Wed Dec 13, 2017 3:18 pm

What makes it funny to me is I actually know the truth because I have a role PM sent to me; I am town. I'm picturing your face when I flip town.
TheGoldenParadox
TheGoldenParadox
he
Mafia Scum
TheGoldenParadox
he
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #338 (ISO) » Wed Dec 13, 2017 3:26 pm

In post 197, Jodaxq wrote:Coincidentally all the experienced slots in this game are the most concerning so far.
Mozamis whole game has felt a little bit strange. I really don't like his pushing for a "rushed" lynch as well as asking for a claim and then being impatient about receiving it. I also don't like how he defends his tunneling or post 35 where it feels like he's trying to garner early town reads.
Isn't that what you're doing now?
Jodaxq
Jodaxq
Goon
Jodaxq
Goon
Goon

Post Post #339 (ISO) » Wed Dec 13, 2017 3:38 pm

Post by Jodaxq »

In post 338, TheGoldenParadox wrote:
In post 197, Jodaxq wrote:Coincidentally all the experienced slots in this game are the most concerning so far.
Mozamis whole game has felt a little bit strange. I really don't like his pushing for a "rushed" lynch as well as asking for a claim and then being impatient about receiving it. I also don't like how he defends his tunneling or post 35 where it feels like he's trying to garner early town reads.
Isn't that what you're doing now?
No
TheGoldenParadox
TheGoldenParadox
he
Mafia Scum
TheGoldenParadox
he
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #340 (ISO) » Wed Dec 13, 2017 3:40 pm

Why not?
Jodaxq
Jodaxq
Goon
Jodaxq
Goon
Goon

Post Post #341 (ISO) » Wed Dec 13, 2017 3:48 pm

Post by Jodaxq »

It's very clearly an entirely different situation. How is it even close to being similar?
TheGoldenParadox
TheGoldenParadox
he
Mafia Scum
TheGoldenParadox
he
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #342 (ISO) » Wed Dec 13, 2017 3:49 pm

You are pushing for a rushed lynch too....
Jodaxq
Jodaxq
Goon
Jodaxq
Goon
Goon

Post Post #343 (ISO) » Wed Dec 13, 2017 3:51 pm

Post by Jodaxq »

The difference is that Mozamis didn't know if Alonzo was scum.
Jodaxq
Jodaxq
Goon
Jodaxq
Goon
Goon

Post Post #344 (ISO) » Wed Dec 13, 2017 3:59 pm

Post by Jodaxq »

Alright so
TheGoldenParadox
has signed up for another game. He knows this one is over.
TheGoldenParadox
TheGoldenParadox
he
Mafia Scum
TheGoldenParadox
he
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #345 (ISO) » Wed Dec 13, 2017 4:07 pm

First of all, how do you know that?
Second, I signed up for a game because when this is finished because I want to try another and I know that signups take like 5 days to process, and I have more than enough time to play 2 games at once.
TheGoldenParadox
TheGoldenParadox
he
Mafia Scum
TheGoldenParadox
he
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #346 (ISO) » Wed Dec 13, 2017 4:07 pm

Are you like not supposed to do that?
Jodaxq
Jodaxq
Goon
Jodaxq
Goon
Goon

Post Post #347 (ISO) » Wed Dec 13, 2017 4:11 pm

Post by Jodaxq »

In post 345, TheGoldenParadox wrote:First of all, how do you know that?
Second, I signed up for a game because when this is finished because I want to try another and I know that signups take like 5 days to process, and I have more than enough time to play 2 games at once.
I came to the website and you were the most recent poster in the queue. I can't imagine why we couldn't do that? People reference posts in other (completed) games all the time. As long as you're not commenting on ongoing games in other threads then it's not against the rules. If I'm wrong then I'd like to know and I'm really sorry if so. It was more of a joke post anyway as I was about to shut TGP down soon.
TheGoldenParadox
TheGoldenParadox
he
Mafia Scum
TheGoldenParadox
he
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #348 (ISO) » Wed Dec 13, 2017 4:26 pm

Oh, no, I'm really sorry. I meant am I not supposed to join another game before finishing this one?
Obviously you can reference posts. Sorry for the ambiguity.
TheGoldenParadox
TheGoldenParadox
he
Mafia Scum
TheGoldenParadox
he
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #349 (ISO) » Wed Dec 13, 2017 4:30 pm

And anyway, those signups were full, so my post was ignored.

Return to “The Road to Rome [Newbie Games]”