Toranaga
Toranaga
Jack of All Trades
Toranaga
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #725 (ISO) » Sat Dec 16, 2017 11:56 am

Post by Toranaga »

In post 723, UC Voyager wrote:do you think that an avatar could effect your chances of being scum?

do you think that avatar's have a sub-conscious effect on your and other people's reads?
an avatar has a sub conscious effect in how I read people yes. IDK about anyone else. but I was making a joke though. I'm not glorifying your first question with an answer :P
Toranaga
Toranaga
Jack of All Trades
Toranaga
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #726 (ISO) » Sat Dec 16, 2017 11:59 am

Post by Toranaga »

eh ok I stopped on page 8 and my reads just went the other way around reading this stuff so lettuce

unvote

and think more.
Toranaga
Toranaga
Jack of All Trades
Toranaga
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #727 (ISO) » Sat Dec 16, 2017 12:57 pm

Post by Toranaga »

In post 176, Jodaxq wrote:
In post 155, Tchill13 wrote:Yeah havo is definitely newb scum. I'm glad we've got a game full of Sherlocks here. One of beef, odd or screen needs to be lynched. Could Lynch the guy that refuses to use vote tags but I was down for a Lynch on anyone other than me on page 2.
This feels pretty genuine to me. Tchill has been weird this game for sure, but I am leaning town.
how does this read genuine to you jodax? what part of calling people bad and then randomly suggesting one of 3 players needs to be lynched 155 posts into the game is genuine? IDK how much of this is superior perspective knowing my alignment, but beef looks towny as well and I'm not very confident screen is scum. I actually think his reaction to being put in L-1, especially the post to tchill I quoted here early was actually genuine. you're reading one of most disingenuine posts up until this point as 'pretty genuine', it feels random. your beef push feels random as well. you're not interacting with tchill, you're not trying to understand what in the name of jebus this guy is doing here. I don't like this one bit actually.
Havo
Havo
Mafia Scum
Havo
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #728 (ISO) » Sat Dec 16, 2017 12:58 pm

Post by Havo »

In post 421, Havo wrote:
In post 418, Toranaga wrote:
vote: HeWhoSwims

halfway through this feels like scum
Ahh I was hoping you would see it.

Very nice. There’s a reason you will become Shogun.
And I thought you had it. Oh well.
HeWhoSwims
HeWhoSwims
Mafia Scum
HeWhoSwims
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #729 (ISO) » Sat Dec 16, 2017 1:00 pm

Post by HeWhoSwims »

@Tora that sentence from #100 was me saying I saw the reason Odd was being suspected but that it wasn't enough for me to change votes or suspect him that much yet.
Toranaga
Toranaga
Jack of All Trades
Toranaga
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #730 (ISO) » Sat Dec 16, 2017 1:18 pm

Post by Toranaga »

In post 729, HeWhoSwims wrote:@Tora that sentence from #100 was me saying I saw the reason Odd was being suspected but that it wasn't enough for me to change votes or suspect him that much yet.
that makes sense, thank you
Toranaga
Toranaga
Jack of All Trades
Toranaga
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #731 (ISO) » Sat Dec 16, 2017 1:23 pm

Post by Toranaga »

In post 211, Tchill13 wrote:just because you see my reasons as inaccurate doesn't mean they factually are inaccurate. so you can attempt to discredit elsewhere. i have good reasoning and will not argue it with those that refuse to listen.
reading up til this point, tchill hasn't actually given reasons for much and his behaviour isn't one of trying to solve the game in any way, but rather just cast shade and push people right and left until someone gets lynched. doesn't help that most of the people he is pushing here, I'm reading as towny. I gotta run this over with maki on whether this is a wrong antitown villager or just scum, but I can see how I was leaning towards the latter in my first read up on this game and that's where I'm leaning again the second time around.
Tchill13
Tchill13
Survivor
Tchill13
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #732 (ISO) » Sat Dec 16, 2017 1:30 pm

Post by Tchill13 »

Toras slot is scum read. He comes in takes control of the game. Belittles those that don't agree with him. Speaks highly of those who do. Hmm...
Tchill13
Tchill13
Survivor
Tchill13
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #733 (ISO) » Sat Dec 16, 2017 1:31 pm

Post by Tchill13 »

In post 500, Tchill13 wrote:
In post 445, Tchill13 wrote:Ok. Pushed me for L-1. Threw or agreed with shade against me for my screen compliment in another game, pushed me for high horse attitude. If anyone falls underneath these categories you're a scum lean. If you fall under all 3 you're scum. You know what scum love more than anything? Any cases against people that are actually town that make sense, are easy to push with fake ambition and make the one pushing the case look towny. All 3 of those reasons apply to that philosophy. That being said I'll leave it up to all the other players to distinguish who falls into those categories and if that philosophy is worth working with. The players that it doesn't apply to of course.
In post 657, Tchill13 wrote:
In post 27, oddmusic wrote:^ I don’t like this reaction to being wagonned early. If screenplay were town I would expect more confusion than...annoyance I guess.

And no screen we don’t have enough to lynch you. But for an early wagon out of the random stages making 2 entirely contentless posts is a good start
Never forget.
Toranaga
Toranaga
Jack of All Trades
Toranaga
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #734 (ISO) » Sat Dec 16, 2017 1:34 pm

Post by Toranaga »

In post 220, HeWhoSwims wrote:
In post 206, Tchill13 wrote:2 scum in (Dave, beef, screen, odd)
Let's look into these.

Dave - Just talked about him, I don't think his actions warrant a scumread from me for now as the game is young.

Beef - Hard to read. I talked about him flipping votes between Tchill and oddmusic early on and I'm honestly not too sure what to make of that but I lean towards keeping an open mind which is pro town. However there is stuff like his reaction to Havo in . But afterwards questions others, argues for a longer day which I would find logical (more intel and I honestly doubt PRs suffer under it? Unexperienced though). And he posts his reads which is good I think. My mind says nulltown but my heart says null somehow because some stuff seems weird and I don't know with which of those two to go for now.

Screen - For now my top suspect out of these four. Looking at his iso I feel like most of his posts aren't contributing that much (although he has okay content like ). Samples in , and I'm also not sure what to think of him suggesting giving Havo a free pass since I'm not getting big town vibes from him either for similar reasons.

Odd - On second thought still a tad suspicious for having few posts and that whole reaction-to-srceen post. However his train of thought in seems towny for me. Needs to contribute more.
I think this is a villagery post, giving the effort to read into the 4 players in tchill's 'lynch pool' and then townreading 3 out of 4. I see genuine gamesolving behaviour from HWS and I like where his thoughts are on these slots. still a little too safe but some thoughts here seem independent and in general I'm not reading this slot as having any sort of scum motivation.
Toranaga
Toranaga
Jack of All Trades
Toranaga
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #735 (ISO) » Sat Dec 16, 2017 1:36 pm

Post by Toranaga »

In post 226, HeWhoSwims wrote:We don't get info from day one but, we can lynch screen since he apparently is scum. Ah. Got it.
this is also towny. I like that HWS never joined the screen wagon when everyone was pushing for it.
davesaz
davesaz
He
Survivor
davesaz
He
Survivor
Survivor
Pronoun: He

Post Post #736 (ISO) » Sat Dec 16, 2017 1:51 pm

Post by davesaz »

In post 713, Toranaga wrote:
In post 106, davesaz wrote:
In post 60, Tchill13 wrote:well im telling you rn theres 1 scum between beef, oddmusic and screenplay... at LEAST one scum that is.
There is certainly a potential scum motivation for a post like this. I lean toward not saying what it makes me think of, to see if anyone else comes up with it.
It's weak anyway, and there are valid town reasons too.
dave in this post, if I recall correctly neither beef nor oddmusic were wagoning screenplay, and you're reading into it that maybe scum!tchill is trying to make villagers go against each other cause they're scared of the conditional read being created here, yes?

what are the valid town reasons you're seeing for this, though?
You can read the targets alignment by observing how they react to being listed in a "one of these is scum" list with no foundation.
Wanna play Minecraft with your ms friends? Check out the minecraft thread, or the channel on discord
Toranaga
Toranaga
Jack of All Trades
Toranaga
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #737 (ISO) » Sat Dec 16, 2017 1:56 pm

Post by Toranaga »

I re-read the first 12 pages and I think stuff gets more NAI from that point on. + I was here already and this messes up my reads greatly.

jodax, beefster, maki

dave, dunn, havo, screenplay

HWS, IMI, wavemode, UCV

tchill

jodax is looking and pushing many things this game, seems genuinely solvey. I don't like how she is defending tchill but I can see how someone townreads a player doing the things he is doing.

beefster has towntell all over his posting. if he is scum, bravo. I explained my townread on him in different ways this game, I'm fine with him up there for now.

maki is mason

dave's posts are good, I can see he is looking into things he believes are possibly alignment indicative. he just doesn't make as much effort to explain it, and deals with people by asking questions etc, but I think he is coming from a towny perspective. in hindsight, I can see his opinion on tchill possible scum motivation in pushing people not on the screen wagon to vote there, and in my first read it is something I missed, so that's cool. I wonder waht the town motivation for tchill is there though.

the more I read the game the more I agree with everything dunn is pushing for. I think his initial wolf team of tchill, UCV and HWS has at least one scum in it. and his town leans are probably all town too, so those are all good things.

screenplay has had some towny posting when reacting to pressure and I think he is also genuinely trying to solve the game. town lean for now.

havo's townread comes mostly from his deathwish and other tonal cues when we were talking with each other.

I think tchill is playing a character this game. this isn't his town game, he is making no effort into solving anything other than cast shade on anyone casting doubt on his slot. it's widely different from his last scum game that I saw, but the fact that the only thing this guy does is aggressive tunnel a bunch of slots doesn't read like genuine town behaviour that's just too 'out there'. it reads like scum pushing town all gameday because he decided to play it like that this time. if tchill is town, well good riddance.

the other 3 I have mostly in a POE;did some scummy stuff;not towny enough yet to lean town as of right now.

I think we should lynch tchill... I know maki isn't with me on this but he does actually read as scum doing an openscumming routine this game.

those are reads.
Toranaga
Toranaga
Jack of All Trades
Toranaga
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #738 (ISO) » Sat Dec 16, 2017 1:56 pm

Post by Toranaga »

vote: tchill

not surprised if it flips green but reads as scum and needs to die imo
Havo
Havo
Mafia Scum
Havo
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #739 (ISO) » Sat Dec 16, 2017 2:11 pm

Post by Havo »

In post 738, Toranaga wrote:

OMG!

VOTE: Toranaga

Mason my ass.
Toranaga
Toranaga
Jack of All Trades
Toranaga
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #740 (ISO) » Sat Dec 16, 2017 2:18 pm

Post by Toranaga »

In post 739, Havo wrote:

OMG!

Mason my ass.
are you scumreading both me and maki because I'm voting someone you don't agree with? because we'd have to both be scum for her to confirm my claim, and she'd have to have planned the claim with odd beforehand given how she was reading him.

just hm think about this a little.
Tchill13
Tchill13
Survivor
Tchill13
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #741 (ISO) » Sat Dec 16, 2017 2:22 pm

Post by Tchill13 »

VOTE: toranaga
Havo
Havo
Mafia Scum
Havo
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #742 (ISO) » Sat Dec 16, 2017 2:27 pm

Post by Havo »

In post 740, Toranaga wrote:
In post 739, Havo wrote:

OMG!

Mason my ass.
are you scumreading both me and maki because I'm voting someone you don't agree with? because we'd have to both be scum for her to confirm my claim, and she'd have to have planned the claim with odd beforehand given how she was reading him.

just hm think about this a little.
I don’t believe the mason claim. No.

I’ll believe it when the Mod writes it after one of you flip.

Tchill could be scum, IDK if he is or not, but I’m not lynching a strong player on Day 1 when there are other better choices. You wanting to lynch him while saying “you wont be surprised if he flips green” is garbage.
Toranaga
Toranaga
Jack of All Trades
Toranaga
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #743 (ISO) » Sat Dec 16, 2017 3:02 pm

Post by Toranaga »

well I won't be surprised if it flips green. will you be surprised if I flip green?
Beefster
Beefster
Mafia Scum
Beefster
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #744 (ISO) » Sat Dec 16, 2017 3:18 pm

Post by Beefster »

In post 732, Tchill13 wrote:Toras slot is scum read. He comes in takes control of the game. Belittles those that don't agree with him. Speaks highly of those who do. Hmm...
For once, I sort of agree with you. The fact that he's using his mason claim to do whatever he wants is unsettling. I'm beginning to second-guess the mason claim.
On hiatus indefinitely. This was a nice distraction when I was working through my faith transition out of Mormonism, but I need to move on to bigger and better things now.
Get to know a meat boy
Toranaga
Toranaga
Jack of All Trades
Toranaga
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #745 (ISO) » Sat Dec 16, 2017 3:20 pm

Post by Toranaga »

you really believe your read that I'm scum and that, in a 13er setting, I outed myself and my scum partner maki (two thirds of the scumteam no less) by hardclaiming a masonry we both planned ahead and she planned ahead with the slot I replaced into (which you know via breadcrumbs)?

I have never seen scum play like that. it's too risky! there could be checks, actual masons that CC it, and any flip outs the other player. you know those 'let this be resolved at night' situations? this isn't QUITE like that, especially if both you and tchill are town and there's opportunity on a mislynch inside the masonry, but it's close to it. I don't think scum leaves both me and maki alive to see what the hell happens to the game d2.

IDK what to make of your vote, but it's extremely poor as a play regardless of your alignment. if you're actually town, which I think you are, you're setting yourself up to be mislynched when tchill flips. if you're scum with tchill, lol god bless your soul. if you're scum and tchill is actually town, I don't think you can push for my mislynch here instead anyway? so IDK what you're doing Havo, but it's not good.

not to mention I'm obvtown by play alone.
Toranaga
Toranaga
Jack of All Trades
Toranaga
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #746 (ISO) » Sat Dec 16, 2017 3:21 pm

Post by Toranaga »

In post 744, Beefster wrote:
In post 732, Tchill13 wrote:Toras slot is scum read. He comes in takes control of the game. Belittles those that don't agree with him. Speaks highly of those who do. Hmm...
For once, I sort of agree with you. The fact that he's using his mason claim to do whatever he wants is unsettling. I'm beginning to second-guess the mason claim.
I'm trying to solve though. what's your read on tchill?
Toranaga
Toranaga
Jack of All Trades
Toranaga
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #747 (ISO) » Sat Dec 16, 2017 3:22 pm

Post by Toranaga »

if doing whatever I want is flip flopping on my reads: what's my motivation as scum to do so?
Beefster
Beefster
Mafia Scum
Beefster
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #748 (ISO) » Sat Dec 16, 2017 3:37 pm

Post by Beefster »

I gotta say I respect your downright reckless playstyle... sort of. I'm just going to ask you to tone it down because it really throws me (and probably a lot of others) off. I almost threatened to policy lynch you and then you stepped in with the voice of reason.

You're getting into some WIFOM-ish territory, but it's the kind of situation where I wouldn't dare seriously voting to lynch you on day 1.

My reads on Tchill are the same as they've been for most of the game: scummy for overreaching accusations, tunnelling, arbitrarily shifting scum pools, and generally not much contributing besides "hey guys, lynch one of these players"
On hiatus indefinitely. This was a nice distraction when I was working through my faith transition out of Mormonism, but I need to move on to bigger and better things now.
Get to know a meat boy
Beefster
Beefster
Mafia Scum
Beefster
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #749 (ISO) » Sat Dec 16, 2017 3:38 pm

Post by Beefster »

Oh, and let's not forget the L-1 on page 2.
Get to know a meat boy

Return to “Completed Mini Normal Games”