Mini 1975: A Village in the Woods (Game Over!)

Hopkirk
Hopkirk
Jack of All Trades
Hopkirk
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #150 (ISO) » Sat Dec 23, 2017 11:22 pm

Post by Hopkirk »

In post 141, Ghostly Penguin wrote:
In post 138, Hopkirk wrote:Are you saying Raya's list is too similar to yours, or that Raya doesn't takes controversial stances while you do?
I'm saying it looks a lot like mine. I'm saying that I feel that her reads seem very mean (the academic mean, not the emotion) Town without providing a lot of content to the discussion.

Mutant's list gave me a different kind of pause because of no declared strong reads but Mutant's added stuff to the conversation.

Raya reads like "I'm coasting, better do something". It's not good.

-- Ghost
There isn't a single name Raya puts into the same section you did. Can you elaborate on how it looks a lot like yours?
Hopkirk
Hopkirk
Jack of All Trades
Hopkirk
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #151 (ISO) » Sat Dec 23, 2017 11:28 pm

Post by Hopkirk »

In post 143, Bins wrote:Ghostly Penguin townreading pretty much the entire Raya wagon strikes me as... uh, odd. Right?

Not sure.
In light of this, do you dislike anything about the wagon construction?
In post 146, moonbird wrote:
In post 107, Hopkirk wrote:VOTE: PMysterious
I heard if you howl loud enough, it'll cause an avalanche of votes.
In post 106, PMysterious wrote:
In post 79, Ghostly Penguin wrote:
I forgot that ABR is what I'll call a 'terse' player; that'll make him hard to read. I do like his posting, however, so that's a thing.

PM: Since I don't see mod lightning bolts coming from the sky, I can presume that Rule 11 is something that the mod can amuse themselves with with the number of players who confirm incorrectly.
The better question is: do you find Rule 11 breakers/adherents AI in any way?

-Ghost
I don't really know what AI means. If I did, I would be able to answer the question directly, but if you were to ask me, Rule 11 is a pointless rule if there is no punishment. There's nothing to be gained from people breaking Rule 11, or even following Rule 11, other than they were either excited to play or didn't actually check the thread and just their Role PM.
PM's response here is repetitively straightforward, and sure, assume they don't know what AI means and that's not bullshitting, since a player playing that dumb or being that out of the loop is a stupid reason for a read.
In post 113, Hopkirk wrote:PM has Three posts.
First is RVS.
Second is about Rule 11 when people are talking about it.
Third is about Rule 11 when it has been discussed, and without comments on anything else.
Don't like the lack of contribution in the third given the second.
But doesn't it show a progression on what he's thinking about in regards to rule 11? He isn't really contributing, but is it necessarily scummy?
Necessarily scummy? No.
Needs more attention? Yes.

Doesn't read as a natural progression in the context of what else is happening, but that could just be because its a slow game.
In post 148, moonbird wrote:
In post 136, Hopkirk wrote:
In post 124, mozamis wrote:Hop, need you on Raya
I don't really get why their posts are hollow.
In post 39, Raya36 wrote:Townlean on Kirk and Joey. I was considering this as well but I ended up dismissing it since it wasn't a strong tell either way. I came to a similar conclusion to Joey. Vanilla townies would probably be less inclined to read the rules thoroughly than power roles and scum but it kind of just landed us in a position where we would be seperating power roles with scum from vanilla (using just that logic of course) which wouldn't do us much good. Plus like Joey said, there are other factors that can affect this too.

Pedit: good catch Dreal. Slightly lowering my townlean on kirk.

Pedit2: :good:
You have the first content post in their ISO; enters with a townlean on Kirk and Joey. Shows independent thought in identifying with Joey's side of it rather than Kirk's, but it also strays into the sheep zone as you near the end of that first paragraph. That in of itself isn't scummy; it's moreso that they have that little p-edit there lowering their townlean on kirk for the mafia chat "slip" but not really re-weighing the post in light of that information. It influences their read, but not to the degree where they're really willing to re-evaluate, and thus the Kirk read feels artificial.
Didn't really like the comment about the slip since I assume Raya knows scum (almost?) always have pregame chat, but why would you expect it to cause re-evaluation? Are you saying the expected town response after making this post would be to reread? I'm not sure that's strong when there's lke 3 pages.
cytheflyguy
cytheflyguy
Goon
cytheflyguy
Goon
Goon

Post Post #152 (ISO) » Sun Dec 24, 2017 2:14 am

Post by cytheflyguy »

I firmly believe Raya is a bad lynch. seem to be logical responses. Mutant pings me doe. seems weird but idk if that's IA. feels like it's an excuse to be wishy-washy. I def want to push him.

VOTE: mutantdevle
Raya36
Raya36
Mafia Scum
Raya36
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #153 (ISO) » Sun Dec 24, 2017 2:27 am

Post by Raya36 »

Leaning town but I definitely want to hear more from him since 90% of his iso is his conversation with joey.
Raya36
Raya36
Mafia Scum
Raya36
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #154 (ISO) » Sun Dec 24, 2017 2:28 am

Post by Raya36 »

In post 149, moonbird wrote:Forgot this on the last post

Raya, where are you standing on Dreal right now?
(That last post was in responce to this)
Raya36
Raya36
Mafia Scum
Raya36
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #155 (ISO) » Sun Dec 24, 2017 2:33 am

Post by Raya36 »

In post 151, Hopkirk wrote: I assume Raya knows scum (almost?) always have pregame chat
Just to clarify my stance on this now, I wasn't thinking that scum almost always have a pregame chat when I posted this since I've been playing a bit on another site lately and it's different there, but now I'm not counting this towards my read on him.
Joey_
Joey_
Jack of All Trades
Joey_
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #156 (ISO) » Sun Dec 24, 2017 6:04 am

Post by Joey_ »

Moon please reduce a bit the quality of your posts cause ill need you for the rest of the game
Joey_
Joey_
Jack of All Trades
Joey_
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #157 (ISO) » Sun Dec 24, 2017 6:07 am

Post by Joey_ »

I finished my exams and its christmas but if i had to make a list
I think thats raya’s a bad lycnh
Town:
Moon
Kirk
Ibuki

Devil
Raya

Scums:
Ghosts
Bins
Hopkirk
Hopkirk
Jack of All Trades
Hopkirk
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #158 (ISO) » Sun Dec 24, 2017 6:16 am

Post by Hopkirk »

Seems similar to my current reads with Ibuki as a notable exception. What looks town from him?
mutantdevle
mutantdevle
Mafia Scum
mutantdevle
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #159 (ISO) » Sun Dec 24, 2017 7:02 am

Post by mutantdevle »

In post 134, Ibuki Meowda wrote:why do you town read Raya?
It's only a town lean rather than a town read but that's just semantics. The read is based on how Raya is contributing to discussion without doing anything that makes me consider them scummy. I would like them to do a little more scum hunting rather than scum reading but it's early days yet and you can't really blame anyone for not having strong reads or pushes.
I mostly just lurk now.
Joey_
Joey_
Jack of All Trades
Joey_
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #160 (ISO) » Sun Dec 24, 2017 7:02 am

Post by Joey_ »

I feel like hes against the grain in his posts, is always relevant and concise. Hes been pointing fingers at incoherences and decrepancies while not shading people for it which seems likea genuine effort to scumhunt and try to find whats actually scummy and isnt. His vote on moon is also pretty bad, has been done in rvs too but he disnt remove it. I dont thinks its really that much of a scum play to not unvote on someone that seems townread by most. I can expand on the vote logic if you really want
mutantdevle
mutantdevle
Mafia Scum
mutantdevle
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #161 (ISO) » Sun Dec 24, 2017 7:14 am

Post by mutantdevle »

In post 152, cytheflyguy wrote:I firmly believe Raya is a bad lynch. Mutant pings me doe. seems weird but idk if that's IA. feels like it's an excuse to be wishy-washy. I def want to push him.

Push me in what way? I assume this is a pressure vote rather than a push for a lynch wagon but I don't really understand what you are pushing me on since you haven't really asked me any questions.

I'm guessing your problem with me is that I don't have any strong reads? If that is the case then I'm not so sure why that warrants a pressure vote. My reads aren't going to magically change from that unless players start being incredibly townie or incredibly scummy. Since reading over all the new posts today, I remarked to myself that Hopkirk looked townie. So consider my null read of him bumped up to a town read. But honestly, I'm not so sure what you are trying to achieve with your post.
I mostly just lurk now.
Joey_
Joey_
Jack of All Trades
Joey_
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #162 (ISO) » Sun Dec 24, 2017 7:30 am

Post by Joey_ »

In post 160, Joey_ wrote:I feel like hes against the grain in his posts, is always relevant and concise. Hes been pointing fingers at incoherences and decrepancies while not shading people for it which seems likea genuine effort to scumhunt and try to find whats actually scummy and isnt. His vote on moon is also pretty bad, has been done in rvs too but he disnt remove it. I dont thinks its really that much of a scum play to not unvote on someone that seems townread by most. I can expand on the vote logic if you really want
Sorry the multiple typos that was on phone
Ibuki Meowda
Ibuki Meowda
Goon
Ibuki Meowda
Goon
Goon

Post Post #163 (ISO) » Sun Dec 24, 2017 9:02 am

Post by Ibuki Meowda »

hi joey
mozamis
mozamis
Jack of All Trades
mozamis
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #164 (ISO) » Sun Dec 24, 2017 11:40 am

Post by mozamis »

In post 152, cytheflyguy wrote:100 feels like it's an excuse to be wishy-washy. I def want to push him.
seemed kinda honest to me, why would scum so openly say "not sure of my reads, guys"
You've reached that age, Listy. 24, 25...Your muscles give up, they wave a little white flag of surrender and without any warning at all, you're suddenly a fat bastard...
mozamis
mozamis
Jack of All Trades
mozamis
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #165 (ISO) » Sun Dec 24, 2017 11:44 am

Post by mozamis »

In post 157, Joey_ wrote:I finished my exams and its christmas but if i had to make a list
Town:
Moon
Kirk
Ibuki
i think th efact thats it's stalled makes an even better lynch
i get the moon an dkirk town reads, but dont see the ibuki one? could you please explain?
You've reached that age, Listy. 24, 25...Your muscles give up, they wave a little white flag of surrender and without any warning at all, you're suddenly a fat bastard...
mozamis
mozamis
Jack of All Trades
mozamis
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #166 (ISO) » Sun Dec 24, 2017 11:46 am

Post by mozamis »

In post 159, mutantdevle wrote:you can't really blame anyone for not having strong reads or pushes.
cant let scum coast tho
mozamis
mozamis
Jack of All Trades
mozamis
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #167 (ISO) » Sun Dec 24, 2017 12:05 pm

Post by mozamis »

In post 155, Raya36 wrote:Just to clarify my stance on this now, I wasn't thinking that scum almost always have a pregame chat when I posted this since I've been playing a bit on another site lately and it's different there, but now I'm not counting this towards my read on him.
again, this is so vague
PMysterious
PMysterious
Mafia Scum
PMysterious
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #168 (ISO) » Sun Dec 24, 2017 12:47 pm

Post by PMysterious »

In post 109, Hopkirk wrote:AI is 'alignment indicative' (whether it represents alignment or not) by the way.
I have to thank you for this. Now, as it retains to a few days ago, I'm going to say that Rule 11 is not AI, and that's all I'm going to say on that, and I'm not going back to this.

Now, next thing I want to address is Raya. Honestly, I'm not really getting a scum vibe from her. A lot of her posts seem like something I'd type out as well, so I can't really see anything bad about her, but that may just be me. Anyone who is currently on the Raya wagon, can you explain what you guys see that I can't?

This may just be me not in the know all that much, but to make up for it, I'll look back through again and check to see what I missed.
Show
PM, here with a calmer nature.

Modded Games
Open 469: Medical Mafia
Open 698: Stack the Deck

Currently Modding Games
mozamis
mozamis
Jack of All Trades
mozamis
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #169 (ISO) » Sun Dec 24, 2017 12:59 pm

Post by mozamis »

his posts are really vague
who do you think is scum?
Raya36
Raya36
Mafia Scum
Raya36
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #170 (ISO) » Sun Dec 24, 2017 5:18 pm

Post by Raya36 »

How was or vague?

(Also, I'll be able to take this much more seriously after Christmas. I'll probably do a reread and post a bunch of thoughts then.)
Joey_
Joey_
Jack of All Trades
Joey_
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #171 (ISO) » Sun Dec 24, 2017 8:01 pm

Post by Joey_ »

In post 165, mozamis wrote:
In post 157, Joey_ wrote:I finished my exams and its christmas but if i had to make a list
Town:
Moon
Kirk
Ibuki
i think th efact thats it's stalled makes an even better lynch
i get the moon an dkirk town reads, but dont see the ibuki one? could you please explain?
It was asked and addressed already
moonbird
moonbird
Townie
moonbird
Townie
Townie

Post Post #172 (ISO) » Sun Dec 24, 2017 8:07 pm

Post by moonbird »

In post 156, Joey_ wrote:Moon please reduce a bit the quality of your posts cause ill need you for the rest of the game
:dumbthink:
In post 153, Raya36 wrote:Leaning town but I definitely want to hear more from him since 90% of his iso is his conversation with joey.
I think it's interesting how you do interact with Dreal, from RVS to that "good catch Dreal", but don't include Dreal in your initial readslist. The reads somewhat feel manufactured, justified after the fact in , but the reads aren't too shabby in the townzone when explained so that's kind of null. Don't like how you're namedropping how Kirk responds to Dreal's pressure but never read Dreal until now. Like eh. There's my first pick for your scumbud from outgoing associations right now in a scum!raya world.

That's completely off topic, but that's also what I had from an old post copied onto a notepad for future ref.
In post 151, Hopkirk wrote:
In post 148, moonbird wrote:
In post 136, Hopkirk wrote:You have the first content post in their ISO; enters with a townlean on Kirk and Joey. Shows independent thought in identifying with Joey's side of it rather than Kirk's, but it also strays into the sheep zone as you near the end of that first paragraph. That in of itself isn't scummy; it's moreso that they have that little p-edit there lowering their townlean on kirk for the mafia chat "slip" but not really re-weighing the post in light of that information. It influences their read, but not to the degree where they're really willing to re-evaluate, and thus the Kirk read feels artificial.
Didn't really like the comment about the slip since I assume Raya knows scum (almost?) always have pregame chat, but why would you expect it to cause re-evaluation? Are you saying the expected town response after making this post would be to reread? I'm not sure that's strong when there's lke 3 pages.
I usually think reevlatuaion of a read in something like rather than knocking it down a notch is townier rather than scum if wholesome; that's more of a "in an ideal world" type note though. Given the lack of content, critical eval > offhand commentary.

Joey, you should feed my bins wagon if you're going to pocket. :^)
Ibuki Meowda
Ibuki Meowda
Goon
Ibuki Meowda
Goon
Goon

Post Post #173 (ISO) » Sun Dec 24, 2017 9:34 pm

Post by Ibuki Meowda »

In post 171, Joey_ wrote: It was asked and addressed already
i hate to assume things but we're just going to act like he didn't read the post or something?
cytheflyguy
cytheflyguy
Goon
cytheflyguy
Goon
Goon

Post Post #174 (ISO) » Sun Dec 24, 2017 10:28 pm

Post by cytheflyguy »

In post 161, mutantdevle wrote:
In post 152, cytheflyguy wrote:I firmly believe Raya is a bad lynch. Mutant pings me doe. seems weird but idk if that's IA. feels like it's an excuse to be wishy-washy. I def want to push him.

Push me in what way? I assume this is a pressure vote rather than a push for a lynch wagon but I don't really understand what you are pushing me on since you haven't really asked me any questions.

I'm guessing your problem with me is that I don't have any strong reads? If that is the case then I'm not so sure why that warrants a pressure vote. My reads aren't going to magically change from that unless players start being incredibly townie or incredibly scummy. Since reading over all the new posts today, I remarked to myself that Hopkirk looked townie. So consider my null read of him bumped up to a town read. But honestly, I'm not so sure what you are trying to achieve with your post.
I'm using push to mean pressure. I'm not saying that it's bad to not have any strong reads. I'm saying that it's bad to explain how on the fence you're going to be playing. It's like you're explaining how safe you'll be playing so that people who feel that it's scummy to vote where it is convenient, you'll point to this as a way to say how open minded you're playing. I've seen more scum than town be on the fence about reads, so this pings me.

Return to “Completed Mini Theme Games”