Newbie 1843 - Game Over

For Newbie Games, which have a set format and experienced moderators. Archived during the 2023 queue overhaul.
Dalven
Dalven
Townie
Dalven
Townie
Townie

Post Post #125 (ISO) » Wed Jan 03, 2018 2:43 pm

Post by Dalven »

Shattiel, you have come into this with a little thunder. Have you played mafia elsewhere before? You're obviously familiar with the game and its rules.
Nauci
Nauci
Mafia Scum
Nauci
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #126 (ISO) » Wed Jan 03, 2018 2:53 pm

Post by Nauci »

In post 124, Dalven wrote:
In post 97, Alonzo wrote:
In post 89, Dalven wrote:Does Cabd!scum mean you think Cabd is scum? If so, do you actually have a read on him?
Cabd still null for me
I read your initial post as probably just sarcasm. Thanks for probably confirming.

About Brass feeling desperate, I failed pretty badly in my earliest mafia games (elsewhere) due to the fact that I came across as desperate. That being said, I'm not clearing him, desperation doesn't automatically read town either.
In post 63, Nauci wrote:I disliked that he said "he's scum because he voted a town," as if he's obviously town when his alignment is only only clear to him right now.
On my reread, this jumps out at me. If Brass is town, mafia knows his alignment. Slip of the tongue, perhaps?
Yes, but, for the purposes of that exercise, I meant that it's lame to use an argument premise that no town can ascertain. How would we know if anyone is knowingly or unknowingly voting a town this early?
Nauci
Nauci
Mafia Scum
Nauci
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #127 (ISO) » Wed Jan 03, 2018 2:55 pm

Post by Nauci »

For some reason, pointing that out and remarking on how mafia would know, makes me suspicious of you...

Like town read that and knew what I meant, but a mafia would think "oh but *I* know his alignment" and try to call it a slip.

VOTE: Dalven
Shattiel
Shattiel
Goon
Shattiel
Goon
Goon

Post Post #128 (ISO) » Wed Jan 03, 2018 5:40 pm

Post by Shattiel »

In post 120, brassherald wrote:
In post 110, Shattiel wrote:
In post 94, thenewearth wrote:well whatever floats one's boat

I don't really care
Well here's another vote since you don't care.
VOTE: thenewearth
Okay, I need to ask, was there an actual reason for this, other than tne said that she doesn't care about the votes?
There is but I don't feel like telling scum.
Shattiel
Shattiel
Goon
Shattiel
Goon
Goon

Post Post #129 (ISO) » Wed Jan 03, 2018 5:55 pm

Post by Shattiel »

In post 121, Nauci wrote:I'm obviously willing to vote him if he reads as scummy to me but much less willing to make him the random guess first day lynch because I'd feel like we're missing out on a learning opportunity there.
What do you mean random guess? Are you saying that you're just gonna rely on night results? The first day lynch isn't for random guess it's for lynching someone scummy that would help town regardless of their alignment.
less scummy people = less targets for cop
And as scum Cabd could easily pocket newbies and throw off town with that learning opportunity you speak of.
Shattiel
Shattiel
Goon
Shattiel
Goon
Goon

Post Post #130 (ISO) » Wed Jan 03, 2018 6:10 pm

Post by Shattiel »

In post 125, Dalven wrote:Shattiel, you have come into this with a little thunder. Have you played mafia elsewhere before? You're obviously familiar with the game and its rules.
I'm just newb pls don't kill me.
brassherald
brassherald
he/him
Jack of All Trades
brassherald
he/him
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades
Pronoun: he/him

Post Post #131 (ISO) » Thu Jan 04, 2018 12:40 am

Post by brassherald »

In post 127, Nauci wrote:For some reason, pointing that out and remarking on how mafia would know, makes me suspicious of you...

Like town read that and knew what I meant, but a mafia would think "oh but *I* know his alignment" and try to call it a slip.

I'm just going to own up to something here that I didn't before, my original remark, while not funny, was a bad joke. (I'm not funny)
In post 128, Shattiel wrote:

I don't really care
Okay, I need to ask, was there an actual reason for this, other than tne said that she doesn't care about the votes?
There is no reason for a townie to not share that reasoning. The scum would already know whether you are scum or not, so your excuse makes no sense unless you are scum who benefit the most from not sharing any information.

VOTE: Shattiel
thenewearth
thenewearth
Mafia Scum
thenewearth
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #132 (ISO) » Thu Jan 04, 2018 2:18 am

Post by thenewearth »

I don't really care

I don't really care
I mean I still don't care
In post 131, brassherald wrote:There is no reason for a townie to not share that reasoning. The scum would already know whether you are scum or not, so your excuse makes no sense unless you are scum who benefit the most from not sharing any information.

VOTE: Shattiel
Although I don't agree with you voting him, at the very least he's not scum

He's just wrong
thenewearth
thenewearth
Mafia Scum
thenewearth
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #133 (ISO) » Thu Jan 04, 2018 2:19 am

Post by thenewearth »

In post 112, brassherald wrote:
In post 109, Shattiel wrote:
In post 41, Nauci wrote:So I'm coming into this with the meta that Alonzo posts like scum and Cabd is too good at this game. Cabd your folder scares me.
So how are you gonna read Alonzo? You're just gonna ignore him when he's scummy?
I'm not the best person to ask, since I have established that I am dumb, but I think it comes down to what roles we have for town. If there is a cop, Alonzo might just be the first investigation target, or if there is a jail keeper, Alonzo might be the first jailed. And, in the situation where we have a tracker, Alonzo could be followed.

Basically, what I am saying is that townies have someone hiding around here who will be able to provide some information beyond just the guessing posts. I don't know what roles those are, of course, or who fills the roles, but we won't just be limited to the posts during the day.
Although this is either a VERY bad newbtown

OOOOOORRRRRR

Probably

Just mayyyyybeee

A really really REEEAAALLLYYY bad attempt at N1 control

VOTE: brassherald
Shattiel
Shattiel
Goon
Shattiel
Goon
Goon

Post Post #134 (ISO) » Thu Jan 04, 2018 3:30 am

Post by Shattiel »

VOTE: Cabd
So far all of your post is NAI.
Are you even scum hunting?
It would really help if you comment about things here and there.
Shattiel
Shattiel
Goon
Shattiel
Goon
Goon

Post Post #135 (ISO) » Thu Jan 04, 2018 3:53 am

Post by Shattiel »

I don't really care
There is no reason for a townie to not share that reasoning. The scum would already know whether you are scum or not, so your excuse makes no sense unless you are scum who benefit the most from not sharing any information.[/quote]What's the connection between scum knowing my alignment and me not saying my reasons why I voted him?

"The scum would already know whether you are scum or not" - You don't have to say something so obvious and use it to scumread me.
Shattiel
Shattiel
Goon
Shattiel
Goon
Goon

Post Post #136 (ISO) » Thu Jan 04, 2018 3:54 am

Post by Shattiel »

I butchered the quotes on that post can I edit it?
brassherald
brassherald
he/him
Jack of All Trades
brassherald
he/him
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #137 (ISO) » Thu Jan 04, 2018 4:01 am

Post by brassherald »

You not saying why you voted someone makes absolutely no sense. Why would it make a difference if the scum knew your reasoning? The goal of the scum already is to kill all townies. You are claiming to have a reason to vote someone, then refusing to provide the reason. That sounds scummy to me. Either that or you have no reasoning and are just trying to hide a random vote which you don't want to admit. Either way I don't like it.
Shattiel
Shattiel
Goon
Shattiel
Goon
Goon

Post Post #138 (ISO) » Thu Jan 04, 2018 4:35 am

Post by Shattiel »

Because my vote is just to add pressure and to fish for reactions?
It's just a poke and wait tactic of mine.
It's better to have scum think that I have a reason when I actually don't.
Locke113
Locke113
Goon
Locke113
Goon
Goon

Post Post #139 (ISO) » Thu Jan 04, 2018 11:12 am

Post by Locke113 »

In post 99, Alonzo wrote:
Vote: BrassHerald

Just an early whisper of desperation in his tone.
What about this desperation you've noticed comes across as scum to you? I'd imagine there are plenty of newbtown that would feel a little desperate at the beginning of the game.
In post 104, Cabd wrote:
In post 102, brassherald wrote:I honestly think Alonzo is reacting to my saying he's posting like scum. But I don't think Alonzo is scum necessarily.

I looked into his previous games and Nauci was right, this just seems to be how he posts.
If anyone seriously considers this poster as scum, fite me.
What is it exactly about brass that makes you so certain he's town? Cause I'm honestly not sure how to read him myself.
In post 106, Cabd wrote:Hi new, I'm dad.
Also Cabd is def town. Scum could never make such an amazing dad joke
Dalven
Dalven
Townie
Dalven
Townie
Townie

Post Post #140 (ISO) » Thu Jan 04, 2018 11:15 am

Post by Dalven »

In post 127, Nauci wrote:For some reason, pointing that out and remarking on how mafia would know, makes me suspicious of you...

I (town) did read that and knew what you meant, but mafia acting as town could have lead to what looked like a slip of not acknowledging "real mafia". However, I feel like you making it about scumhunting and not just shrugging it off speaks more to you being town than the original comment said to you being scum.

In my most recent game (again, not here, sorry) I made a comment similar to the one you just made and the other dude would not get off me about it. Suffice it to say, we were both town. Not that my anecdote clears you for me, or should clear me for you.
Cabd
Cabd
QT Sniper
Cabd
QT Sniper
QT Sniper

Post Post #141 (ISO) » Thu Jan 04, 2018 11:21 am

Post by Cabd »

Hi. AM slammed at work today, will check in on this later, once my heart unmelts, nauci.
Currently in COVID hell, population: Entire Household
brassherald
brassherald
he/him
Jack of All Trades
brassherald
he/him
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #142 (ISO) » Thu Jan 04, 2018 11:48 am

Post by brassherald »

In post 141, Cabd wrote:Hi. AM slammed at work today, will check in on this later, once my heart unmelts, nauci.
I had a snow day from work today. So, of course I just slept.
Nauci
Nauci
Mafia Scum
Nauci
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #143 (ISO) » Thu Jan 04, 2018 11:50 am

Post by Nauci »

In post 141, Cabd wrote:Hi. AM slammed at work today, will check in on this later, once my heart unmelts, nauci.
Wait

I don't know what that's about

(I am easily confused)
Nauci
Nauci
Mafia Scum
Nauci
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #144 (ISO) » Thu Jan 04, 2018 11:53 am

Post by Nauci »

In post 129, Shattiel wrote:
In post 121, Nauci wrote:I'm obviously willing to vote him if he reads as scummy to me but much less willing to make him the random guess first day lynch because I'd feel like we're missing out on a learning opportunity there.
What do you mean random guess? Are you saying that you're just gonna rely on night results? The first day lynch isn't for random guess it's for lynching someone scummy that would help town regardless of their alignment.
less scummy people = less targets for cop
And as scum Cabd could easily pocket newbies and throw off town with that learning opportunity you speak of.
I don't mean it's literally random guessing.

I mean day 1 tends to be relatively less informed.

Then again we double dunked scum my last game because both were obvscum day 1.

But until I see more posting from people, I'm less willing to vote the players who are more helpful.

However, I do think that less than half of the game have done much scum hunting thus far, and Cabd isn't in the good half!
Nauci
Nauci
Mafia Scum
Nauci
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #145 (ISO) » Thu Jan 04, 2018 12:46 pm

Post by Nauci »

In post 137, brassherald wrote:You not saying why you voted someone makes absolutely no sense. Why would it make a difference if the scum knew your reasoning? The goal of the scum already is to kill all townies. You are claiming to have a reason to vote someone, then refusing to provide the reason. That sounds scummy to me. Either that or you have no reasoning and are just trying to hide a random vote which you don't want to admit. Either way I don't like it.
Cabd, can you comment on this concept?
Alonzo
Alonzo
Mafia Scum
Alonzo
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #146 (ISO) » Thu Jan 04, 2018 1:25 pm

Post by Alonzo »

In post 139, Locke113 wrote:What about this desperation you've noticed comes across as scum to you? I'd imagine there are plenty of newbtown that would feel a little desperate at the beginning of the game.
Just seemed he was looking for a wagon to flop onto.

I want to see how shattiel reacts
brassherald
brassherald
he/him
Jack of All Trades
brassherald
he/him
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #147 (ISO) » Thu Jan 04, 2018 1:51 pm

Post by brassherald »

In post 146, Alonzo wrote:
In post 139, Locke113 wrote:What about this desperation you've noticed comes across as scum to you? I'd imagine there are plenty of newbtown that would feel a little desperate at the beginning of the game.
Just seemed he was looking for a wagon to flop onto.

I want to see how shattiel reacts
We have over a week left to go before the day ends.

I don't think we should be rash and get someone hanged on totally random votes right now, if someone makes a good argument that they have a scumread, I would totally go with it, but if I just wanted to get on a wagon, I would have voted for thenewearth yesterday afternoon.

If it comes to be that we have a few hours to go on day 1, that's when I would side with random votes. If you find my looking for explanations scummy, that's your read, but I'm just trying to be open with my thoughts because the mafia has an advantage of more information than the town. An exchange of information and thoughts should therefore, help the town more than the mafia.

That being said, I will admit that so far my strategy of being open and trying to get others to be more open with their thoughts has so far only made people want to see me hang, so I could definitely be hurting myself with being open with my thoughts.

Also, since this kind of became my defense, I haven't actually hopped onto a wagon at this point, so if I am looking for a wagon to jump on, I am really doing a terrible job.
Cabd
Cabd
QT Sniper
Cabd
QT Sniper
QT Sniper

Post Post #148 (ISO) » Thu Jan 04, 2018 3:46 pm

Post by Cabd »

In post 143, Nauci wrote:
Wait

I don't know what that's about

(I am easily confused)
Your compliments about me were heartfelt.
Cabd
Cabd
QT Sniper
Cabd
QT Sniper
QT Sniper

Post Post #149 (ISO) » Thu Jan 04, 2018 3:46 pm

Post by Cabd »

In post 145, Nauci wrote:
In post 137, brassherald wrote:You not saying why you voted someone makes absolutely no sense. Why would it make a difference if the scum knew your reasoning? The goal of the scum already is to kill all townies. You are claiming to have a reason to vote someone, then refusing to provide the reason. That sounds scummy to me. Either that or you have no reasoning and are just trying to hide a random vote which you don't want to admit. Either way I don't like it.
Cabd, can you comment on this concept?
What exactly did you want comment on?

Return to “The Road to Rome [Newbie Games]”