Micro 759: Tarot uPick III - Game Over!

Micro Games (9 players or fewer). Archived during the 2023 queue overhaul.
garaputo
garaputo
Goon
garaputo
Goon
Goon

Post Post #1775 (ISO) » Sun Jan 14, 2018 12:53 pm

Post by garaputo »

In post 1774, Yetichain wrote:I was asking why you don't want to lynch us, but the rest is appreciated.
garaputo wrote:I specifically asked earlier about this topic and got no answer
In post 1770, Not Known 15 wrote:
In post 1769, garaputo wrote:
With two others seeing Yeti as town there is little chance of a lynch today.

Do you mean the underlined in the context of Yeti, or overall? I think mathematically we must lynch today, or we lose 1 of 2 possible shots to win. I am tired and not a math wizard but that passes my cursory assumptions checklist.
Pretty clear that the implication here is "little chance of a [Yeti] lynch". You're very hung up on this.
You are probably right. I guess when I put a bunch of effort into reviewing, posting and asking questions, I assume the worst when it's completely ignored by the person I asked the question.
Porkens
Porkens
Survivor
Porkens
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #1776 (ISO) » Sun Jan 14, 2018 6:02 pm

Post by Porkens »

I am not scum.

I am the least scummy person you've ever played with and I have lots of friends.
Porkens
Porkens
Survivor
Porkens
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #1777 (ISO) » Sun Jan 14, 2018 6:04 pm

Post by Porkens »

Soooooo when it's down to garup, nsg, and nk15, whatchagunnafooooo?
fferyllt
fferyllt
Titan of Trajectory
fferyllt
Titan of Trajectory
Titan of Trajectory

Post Post #1778 (ISO) » Sun Jan 14, 2018 6:45 pm

Post by fferyllt »

Vote Count 4-5

Not Known 15
(2): garaputo, Porkens
Porkens
(2): Not Known 15, Yetichain

Not Voting
(1): northsidegal

With 5 alive, it takes 3 to lynch.

Deadline: January 17, Midnight US Eastern Time.

Countdown: (expired on 2018-01-16 21:00:00)

Mod Notes:

- :]
Amid the pressure of great events, a general principle gives no help.

Idic
Porkens
Porkens
Survivor
Porkens
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #1779 (ISO) » Sun Jan 14, 2018 7:42 pm

Post by Porkens »

NSG, I'm town. You, as either alignment should hammer NK15. If you are town, I think he must be scum and we win the game.

If you are scum and he is town, you should be able to get my lynched tomorrow no problem.

please.
Porkens
Porkens
Survivor
Porkens
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #1780 (ISO) » Sun Jan 14, 2018 7:42 pm

Post by Porkens »

This is not a trap!
garaputo
garaputo
Goon
garaputo
Goon
Goon

Post Post #1781 (ISO) » Mon Jan 15, 2018 4:34 am

Post by garaputo »

My preference is pretty clear here. I do not think porkens is scum.
garaputo
garaputo
Goon
garaputo
Goon
Goon

Post Post #1782 (ISO) » Mon Jan 15, 2018 4:36 am

Post by garaputo »

Also I'd like to point out, we've sort of kingmakered NSG for a while here, and I'm willing to assume that there aren't 2 scum left. The fact that we haven't seen a mislynch here already makes me think it's very likely NSG is scum, making the decision even clearer for me.
garaputo
garaputo
Goon
garaputo
Goon
Goon

Post Post #1783 (ISO) » Mon Jan 15, 2018 4:37 am

Post by garaputo »

Jeez, let me type things slower. *
makes it very likely NSG isn't scum
is what I meant above. Scum could have easily lynched a town player here by now with adequate cover tomorrow I think.
Not Known 15
Not Known 15
Mafia Scum
Not Known 15
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1784 (ISO) » Mon Jan 15, 2018 5:17 am

Post by Not Known 15 »

Well, that reasoning still leaves three people.
Porkens and me,
... and you.
northsidegal
northsidegal
Survivor
northsidegal
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #1785 (ISO) » Mon Jan 15, 2018 6:11 am

Post by northsidegal »

intent to hammer porkens later today
wiki | modded | Newbie NewD3 Stats | scripts

things fall apart
garaputo
garaputo
Goon
garaputo
Goon
Goon

Post Post #1786 (ISO) » Mon Jan 15, 2018 6:36 am

Post by garaputo »

In post 1784, Not Known 15 wrote:Well, that reasoning still leaves three people.
Porkens and me,
... and you.
I was hoping NSG was going to pick you. I admit I could be wrong but my gut says you are the last scum.
northsidegal
northsidegal
Survivor
northsidegal
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #1787 (ISO) » Mon Jan 15, 2018 6:58 am

Post by northsidegal »

why does nk15 try to trap people in asking if they visited him before he claims if he's scum? that entire day two interaction doesn't read anything like a lone scum who just had their partner lynched and is looking like the day two wagon.

things fall apart
northsidegal
northsidegal
Survivor
northsidegal
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #1788 (ISO) » Mon Jan 15, 2018 6:59 am

Post by northsidegal »

i don't think acid ever explained why he targeted dunker.

things fall apart
garaputo
garaputo
Goon
garaputo
Goon
Goon

Post Post #1789 (ISO) » Mon Jan 15, 2018 7:09 am

Post by garaputo »

Yeah I wondered about that choice when I started see and
garaputo
garaputo
Goon
garaputo
Goon
Goon

Post Post #1790 (ISO) » Mon Jan 15, 2018 7:15 am

Post by garaputo »

In post 1787, northsidegal wrote:why does nk15 try to trap people in asking if they visited him before he claims if he's scum? that entire day two interaction doesn't read anything like a lone scum who just had their partner lynched and is looking like the day two wagon.
There are a lot of things that don't make sense. I can see why you'd want to vote a claimed rolecop over NK15.

I mean, why does NK15 do the soft counterclaim in thing ? No matter who you chose, there seem to be arguments for "that doesn't make sense as scum"

Something about Porkens play makes me think they are actively trying to puzzle out the game. Same with Yeti. Today I've strongly felt NK15 is basically like "lynch not me, but I don't care whom" which isn't exactly what I'd expect from someone who can die and still win the game.
garaputo
garaputo
Goon
garaputo
Goon
Goon

Post Post #1791 (ISO) » Mon Jan 15, 2018 7:21 am

Post by garaputo »

Since I failed at tags again for 454 above, I'll link these:

I guess it was and
northsidegal
northsidegal
Survivor
northsidegal
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #1792 (ISO) » Mon Jan 15, 2018 7:34 am

Post by northsidegal »

would porkens as scum target dunker after his vt claim?

i'm thinking more and more that it's garaputo. i just don't see any other reasonable explanation for the no-kills, and acid's associatives with jabarkas were terrible. also, i could believe that jabarkas would just give his vote to his scumbuddy, ignoring (or perhaps embracing?) wifom.

things fall apart
northsidegal
northsidegal
Survivor
northsidegal
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #1793 (ISO) » Mon Jan 15, 2018 7:37 am

Post by northsidegal »

man, one day before deadline was not the time to do this.

things fall apart
garaputo
garaputo
Goon
garaputo
Goon
Goon

Post Post #1794 (ISO) » Mon Jan 15, 2018 7:42 am

Post by garaputo »

In post 1792, northsidegal wrote:would porkens as scum target dunker after his vt claim?

i'm thinking more and more that it's garaputo. i just don't see any other reasonable explanation for the no-kills, and acid's associatives with jabarkas were terrible. also, i could believe that jabarkas would just give his vote to his scumbuddy, ignoring (or perhaps embracing?) wifom.
I mean porkens could do that, it did have some impact on dunker being lynched (at least it helped get my vote). I just think that if porkens is just pretending to try and solve the game, the acting is pretty convincing.

Alas, it's not me. I think that you are doing a pretty good job of also convincing me it's not you right now though.
garaputo
garaputo
Goon
garaputo
Goon
Goon

Post Post #1795 (ISO) » Mon Jan 15, 2018 7:46 am

Post by garaputo »

In post 1793, northsidegal wrote:man, one day before deadline was not the time to do this.
In the past newbie game I was in game 1837 viewtopic.php?f=50&t=74101 going to deadline was not so bad. Sometimes the pressure forces people to rethink.

As we seem to be deadlocked right now I'll give you this - if there is literally any way to achieve a lynch over a no lynch today, I will be on board. Taking a shot from 5 and again from 3 seems way better than simply taking a shot from 4. I'm assuming no shenanigans but if there are I would say that leans more towards taking a shot today.
northsidegal
northsidegal
Survivor
northsidegal
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #1796 (ISO) » Mon Jan 15, 2018 7:59 am

Post by northsidegal »

In post 1794, garaputo wrote:I mean porkens could do that, it did have some impact on dunker being lynched (at least it helped get my vote). I just think that if porkens is just pretending to try and solve the game, the acting is pretty convincing.

Alas, it's not me. I think that you are doing a pretty good job of also convincing me it's not you right now though.
i don't mean him claiming his result (which i would expect him to do as either alignment), i'm wondering if porkens as scum even investigates dunker in the first place. granted, i think the only person who hadn't claimed or hinted at at least some part of their role was me, but still.

also, what's the explanation for the no-kills if nk15 or porkens is scum? the only explanations for the no-kill
no matter who the last mafia is
are: scum targeted dunker night one, scum deliberately no-killed, or scum cannot use their role and perform the factional kill simultaneously.

the first one seems unrealistic for anyone as scum for me to discard it as a possibility.

scum deliberately no-killing is also unrealistic but it's at the least worth considering, and it's also the only explanation for nk15 or porkens being scum, given the next point.

if scum cannot use their role and perform the factional kill simultaneously, that points straight to garaputo. porkens was a novice role cop meaning that he couldn't use his role night one, and i don't think nk15's role actually targets anyone (correct me if i'm wrong). we have confirmation that acid targeted dunker from dunker saying that a neighborhood was created.

night two we again have confirmation that garaputo targeted someone, we also know that porkens targeted someone, and we know that no-kill was performed. not really sure there's any new information or conclusions to be drawn here.

night three we know that garaputo no longer had any jailkeeping shots and we also know that this was the first night with a nightkill. porkens definitely wasn't lying about dunker's role so i assume that he wasn't lying about his investigation this night, meaning that we can take it that he used his action tonight. if we assume that porkens is scum, it means that scum must have the ability to use their role and perform the factional kill in the same night. if that's true, then porkens must have deliberately no-killed two nights in a row. does he do that? i'm not sure, but i doubt it.

that's a lot of words to come to the conclusion that we really already knew that if porkens or nk15 is scum, they no-killed for two nights in a row. it also shows something that hadn't really occurred to me before, that if scum can't use their roles and kill simultaneously that garaputo's night actions are consistent with him being scum.

things fall apart
northsidegal
northsidegal
Survivor
northsidegal
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #1797 (ISO) » Mon Jan 15, 2018 8:00 am

Post by northsidegal »

oh, there's no chance i let this day end in a no-lynch. i'm just thinking about how i'm not liking either of my options here really.

things fall apart
northsidegal
northsidegal
Survivor
northsidegal
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #1798 (ISO) » Mon Jan 15, 2018 8:03 am

Post by northsidegal »

In post 1796, northsidegal wrote:if scum cannot use their role and perform the factional kill simultaneously, that points straight to garaputo. porkens was a novice role cop meaning that he couldn't use his role night one, and i don't think nk15's role actually targets anyone (correct me if i'm wrong). we have confirmation that acid targeted dunker from dunker saying that a neighborhood was created.
hm, just realized this point isn't as clear as i'd like it to be.

let's assume scum can't kill and use their roles simultaneously:

porkens is a novice rolecop (assuming he isn't lying), meaning that he didn't use his role night one, so why wasn't there a kill?
nk15's role doesn't target people (i think?), so why wasn't there a kill?
garaputo targeted someone, so that would explain why there wasn't a kill.

things fall apart
northsidegal
northsidegal
Survivor
northsidegal
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #1799 (ISO) » Mon Jan 15, 2018 8:04 am

Post by northsidegal »

okay, yeah, just checked and nk15's role doesn't target anyone (assuming he's telling the truth).

things fall apart

Return to “Mayfair Club [Micro Games]”