LicketyQuickety
LicketyQuickety
Survivor
LicketyQuickety
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #275 (ISO) » Tue Jan 23, 2018 8:43 am

Post by LicketyQuickety »

In post 273, Thestatusquo wrote:I dont believe anyones self meta, especially when its presented in as an attempt to answer an attack on them.

a) I don't think I have written off marquis as null. Or rather, my position on marquis is more nuanced than that. I declared him to be pretty null on the content of his posts alone, specifically in response to the wagon and LLamarble saying he was very scummy. If you read my post about team commentary, I note that Will thinks he's a lean town, whereas I think that is too strong, and I find that his lack of existence today and lack of response to the wagon makes me think the pressure is in a good spot, which makes me null-scum read him. Giving some deference to my teammate who has a lot more experience with him I am not pushing him right now, but I don't want that wagon to go anywhere until he comes back.
Will never gave a read on marqu here:
In post 229, Thestatusquo wrote:
Heres a braindump of some reck stuff. I'll try to post my teammates commentary in regular and my commentary in italics, but if you have any confusion about what is coming from whom, let me know.

Reck thinks Marquis voting north in response to 13 looks town because its exactly what he would be doing at that spot. He solidifies a town read at 33 because "it's just so brazen and bold, I don't think he plays like this as scum here." He agrees with Llamarble on 65 that this is really weird noise to be making here. Pushes him closer to null town than strong town.
Not sure I agree here. As I said, I just don't see anything in any of marquis' contribution to this game and that in and of itself is pretty gross. He's also completely disappeared in response to the pressure which makes me not want to take the pressure off. Willing to sheep reck a little bit here, but growing more null-scum than null on marquis personally. I want to see how he responds to the pressure when he's here.

He thinks LQs catchup is literally the exact opposite of his opinions and also completely underwhelming and he thinks that he would be voting LQ here. He also notes that LQ is quick (heh) to pump the breaks on marquis when there isn't really any reason too
(wagon deflation? buddying? Genuine town alarm at the growth of the wagon? could be any of these.)
He likes CES calling it out.

He points out that LLamarble is usually more jumpy than this as town. He tends to throw attacks every which way to feel people out and see what sticks, not lock onto one person and tunnel them and then start throwing out potential pairs with them. That tends to happen later.
This is a fair point that I missed, and also squares with my F2F experience with him. Like I mentioned earlier, its not unusual for town marble to throw out hypothetical pairs, but its usually in the context of a more curious day 1. He hasn't seemed very curious this day one. He's seemed content to park on marquis and not try to do much game solving, which is weird. I do tend to agree with his assessment of him not being the lynch today though for exactly the reasons he's stated. Like I don't know if the critiquing thats happening of his comments of being the kill tonight are coming from people who have ever played with him before, but I'll state right now unequivocally that if I were scum in this game I would kill llamarble night 1 100% of the time, and anyone who says otherwise either has never played with him before (and is somehow ignorant of his reputation) or is lying.

I think I want to lynch somewhere in the group of NSG, LQ, Tchill or Gamma Emerald (who I have some thoughts on that I will probably post later today.) and we can add marquis to that pile if he doesn't stop completely ignoring this game/wagon.

My town pile is postie eddie sauce.
Why not?
I was anything worse than you! Anything worse than you was I!

You was doided teh aposit_tisopa het dedoid saw em.
Thestatusquo
Thestatusquo
He/Him
Shea

Thestatusquo
He/Him
Shea

Shea

Pronoun: He/Him

Post Post #276 (ISO) » Tue Jan 23, 2018 8:44 am

Post by Thestatusquo »

Reck thinks Marquis voting north in response to 13 looks town because its exactly what he would be doing at that spot. He solidifies a town read at 33 because "it's just so brazen and bold, I don't think he plays like this as scum here." He agrees with Llamarble on 65 that this is really weird noise to be making here. Pushes him closer to null town than strong town.
Not sure I agree here. As I said, I just don't see anything in any of marquis' contribution to this game and that in and of itself is pretty gross. He's also completely disappeared in response to the pressure which makes me not want to take the pressure off. Willing to sheep reck a little bit here, but growing more null-scum than null on marquis personally. I want to see how he responds to the pressure when he's here.
What do you think this is?
tout comprendre c'est tout pardonner
Thestatusquo
Thestatusquo
He/Him
Shea

Thestatusquo
He/Him
Shea

Shea

Post Post #277 (ISO) » Tue Jan 23, 2018 8:45 am

Post by Thestatusquo »

Will = Reckoner. If that's not clear?
LicketyQuickety
LicketyQuickety
Survivor
LicketyQuickety
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #278 (ISO) » Tue Jan 23, 2018 8:48 am

In post 276, Thestatusquo wrote:
What do you think this is?
Misread, sorry.

Gamma Emerald
Gamma Emerald
Any
Survivor
Gamma Emerald
Any
Survivor
Survivor
Pronoun: Any

Post Post #279 (ISO) » Tue Jan 23, 2018 8:48 am

Post by Gamma Emerald »

Okay that's fair on Marquis. I feel like self-meta is a person-to-person thing. With Naomi-Tan, I believe their's since it's consistent. I feel like your "using it to write off an attack is invalid" point is pretty sensible though.
<Embrace The Void>

“A flipped coin doesn't always land heads or tails. Sometimes it may never land at all...”
Gamma Emerald
Gamma Emerald
Any
Survivor
Gamma Emerald
Any
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #280 (ISO) » Tue Jan 23, 2018 8:50 am

Post by Gamma Emerald »

Actually I'm not done on the self-meta thing. TSQ, don't you feel if someone knew the player they could disprove the faulty self-meta, thus making it a substantial risk?
<Embrace The Void>

“A flipped coin doesn't always land heads or tails. Sometimes it may never land at all...”
Thestatusquo
Thestatusquo
He/Him
Shea

Thestatusquo
He/Him
Shea

Shea

Post Post #281 (ISO) » Tue Jan 23, 2018 8:51 am

Post by Thestatusquo »

In post 280, Gamma Emerald wrote:Actually I'm not done on the self-meta thing. TSQ, don't you feel if someone knew the player they could disprove the faulty self-meta, thus making it a substantial risk?
I mean this is getting more down the path of theory than game relevant stuff, but I think it depends on the meta. Something along the lines of "I wouldn't do this here because of X" is not the same as "I never ever bus as scum."

The comment I had a problem with was of the former, not the latter.
ActionDan
ActionDan
He/Him
Jack of All Trades
ActionDan
He/Him
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #282 (ISO) » Tue Jan 23, 2018 8:53 am

Post by ActionDan »

VOTE: Gamma Emerald

I find post 125 incongruous with the Dunnstral evaluation before and after. I also would have expected in post 232 that LQ's acknowledgement of Dunntral's naked vote to be taken as a cue to look back and see why LQ would have said that, instead of making something of it.

Similarly, but much more importantly, there is disparity present between posts 105 and 231 with regard to the read on Sauce. Although 231 doesn't endorse a town read of Sauce there, it is a statement that is a far cry from the feelings expressed in 105.

I don't find anything nearly as scummy in the TSQ/Gamma back and forth as the above, but I will say that I got a strong townread of TSQ out of it.
I'll give you a moment to let that sink in
MathBlade
MathBlade
He/Him
Technical Support
MathBlade
He/Him
Technical Support
Technical Support

Post Post #283 (ISO) » Tue Jan 23, 2018 9:07 am

Post by MathBlade »

Votecount 1.7

Marquis(3)
~ Dunnstral, Llamarble, wgeurts

Gamma Emerald(3)
~ Thestatusquo, EddieFenix, ActionDan
Llamarble(2)
~ northsidegal, Cogito Ergo Sum
Cogito Ergo Sum(2)
~ Lycanfire, Sauce
Thestatusquo(1)
~ Gamma Emerald
Tchill13(1)
~ LicketyQuickety
Postie(1)
~ Tchill13
northsidegal(1)
~ Marquis
LicketyQuickety(1)
~ Postie

Not Voting (0):

With 15 alive it takes 8 to lynch.

Day 1 deadline is in (expired on 2018-02-04 21:00:00)
ScumBlade's eloquent performance left me utterly disoriented, debased, depraved and sent me spiraling into a horrific murky abyss with emotional turmoil and immense despair as my only companions until slowly I suffocate in my own gloom, surrounded by failure. I will never recover. -- Zachstralkita about Mini 1841
GTKAS -- MathBlade
LicketyQuickety
LicketyQuickety
Survivor
LicketyQuickety
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #284 (ISO) » Tue Jan 23, 2018 9:09 am

In post 282, ActionDan wrote:VOTE: Gamma Emerald

I find post 125 incongruous with the Dunnstral evaluation before and after. I also would have expected in post 232 that LQ's acknowledgement of Dunntral's naked vote to be taken as a cue to look back and see why LQ would have said that, instead of making something of it.

Similarly, but much more importantly, there is disparity present between posts 105 and 231 with regard to the read on Sauce. Although 231 doesn't endorse a town read of Sauce there, it is a statement that is a far cry from the feelings expressed in 105.

I don't find anything nearly as scummy in the TSQ/Gamma back and forth as the above, but I will say that I got a strong townread of TSQ out of it.
IDK, man. I think you are Town, but TvS conversations are really fucking hard to identify.

Gamma Emerald
Gamma Emerald
Any
Survivor
Gamma Emerald
Any
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #285 (ISO) » Tue Jan 23, 2018 9:17 am

Post by Gamma Emerald »

About 125, I felt the vote by Dunn was a bus so I was like "yeah there was bussing, so what". As for LQ's post, I guess that's a reasonable expectation, but there's also the fact that it was a common thread in the post, so I kinda didn't think anything was up with that one in particular.
As for the sauce read, I hadn't really seen much of him yet in that first post. By the time I posted 231 I had gotten to see what he was like more.
Why are you getting a townread from TSQ in the 1v1?
<Embrace The Void>

wgeurts
wgeurts
They/Them
Pokédex
wgeurts
They/Them
Pokédex
Pokédex
Pronoun: They/Them

Post Post #286 (ISO) » Tue Jan 23, 2018 9:43 am

Post by wgeurts »

Sorry I've been fairly absent, I've got exams this week. Final one is on thursday, so I'll be active once they're all out of the way. Tomorrow I've got some time to catch-up, 'll make sure to provide some input then.
"
i agree we should have a rule against wgeurts
" -
Davsto

"
let's have 2 rules against wgeurts
" -
DeathRowKitty

LicketyQuickety
LicketyQuickety
Survivor
LicketyQuickety
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #287 (ISO) » Tue Jan 23, 2018 10:12 am

In post 286, wgeurts wrote:Sorry I've been fairly absent, I've got exams this week. Final one is on thursday, so I'll be active once they're all out of the way. Tomorrow I've got some time to catch-up, 'll make sure to provide some input then.
Going to hold you to that.

Thestatusquo
Thestatusquo
He/Him
Shea

Thestatusquo
He/Him
Shea

Shea

Post Post #288 (ISO) » Tue Jan 23, 2018 10:13 am

Post by Thestatusquo »

LQ you've dropped off the conversation we were having. Is there anything else you want to follow up on about it or are satisfied for now?
LicketyQuickety
LicketyQuickety
Survivor
LicketyQuickety
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #289 (ISO) » Tue Jan 23, 2018 10:16 am

In post 285, Gamma Emerald wrote:

About 125, I felt the vote by Dunn was a bus so I was like "yeah there was bussing, so what"
Full stop right here. There is pretty much NOTHING that says you can use to conclude that was a bus vote. It's a gut read and a stretch at that. There are reasons to Scum read you if you say stuff like this.

LicketyQuickety
LicketyQuickety
Survivor
LicketyQuickety
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #290 (ISO) » Tue Jan 23, 2018 10:16 am

In post 288, Thestatusquo wrote:LQ you've dropped off the conversation we were having. Is there anything else you want to follow up on about it or are satisfied for now?
What is there to discuss?

I made a play and now Town has to react to it.

Thestatusquo
Thestatusquo
He/Him
Shea

Thestatusquo
He/Him
Shea

Shea

Post Post #291 (ISO) » Tue Jan 23, 2018 10:18 am

Post by Thestatusquo »

You didn't respond to my last response. I thought you might.
LicketyQuickety
LicketyQuickety
Survivor
LicketyQuickety
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #292 (ISO) » Tue Jan 23, 2018 10:20 am

In post 291, Thestatusquo wrote:You didn't respond to my last response. I thought you might.
What are you even talking about?

What did you say that I really need to comment on?

Thestatusquo
Thestatusquo
He/Him
Shea

Thestatusquo
He/Him
Shea

Shea

Post Post #293 (ISO) » Tue Jan 23, 2018 10:22 am

Post by Thestatusquo »

I am so confused. You said you had a problem with me and said you thought I was shifting the goal posts and then I wrote a response to that to try to explain where my head was at. I would have thought you to at the very least be interested in that response? Idk. I have a hard time figuring out what you're doing most of the time so fuckin' just ignore me I guess I'll be over in this corner babbling like an idiot.
Gamma Emerald
Gamma Emerald
Any
Survivor
Gamma Emerald
Any
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #294 (ISO) » Tue Jan 23, 2018 10:25 am

Post by Gamma Emerald »

In post 289, LicketyQuickety wrote:

About 125, I felt the vote by Dunn was a bus so I was like "yeah there was bussing, so what"
Full stop right here. There is pretty much NOTHING that says you can use to conclude that was a bus vote. It's a gut read and a stretch at that. There are reasons to Scum read you if you say stuff like this.
Why didn't you take issue with this before?
<Embrace The Void>

LicketyQuickety
LicketyQuickety
Survivor
LicketyQuickety
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #295 (ISO) » Tue Jan 23, 2018 10:32 am

In post 293, Thestatusquo wrote:I am so confused. You said you had a problem with me and said you thought I was shifting the goal posts and then I wrote a response to that to try to explain where my head was at. I would have thought you to at the very least be interested in that response? Idk. I have a hard time figuring out what you're doing most of the time so fuckin' just ignore me I guess I'll be over in this corner babbling like an idiot.
Well, I mean, where would the conversation stop? It has to stop at some point, right? Otherwise you could have a conversation that would never end. I chose to end the conversation at that point and see what other people have to say about it.

LicketyQuickety
LicketyQuickety
Survivor
LicketyQuickety
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #296 (ISO) » Tue Jan 23, 2018 10:32 am

In post 294, Gamma Emerald wrote:
In post 289, LicketyQuickety wrote:

Why didn't you take issue with this before?
Because I wasn't focussed on you at the time, I was focussed on other things/people.

EddieFenix
EddieFenix
Goon
EddieFenix
Goon
Goon

Post Post #297 (ISO) » Tue Jan 23, 2018 10:42 am

Post by EddieFenix »

Marble, just about how sold on the idea are you after all of this back and forth that LQ has been apart of that they're scum still?
Llamarble
Llamarble
Mafia Scum
Llamarble
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #298 (ISO) » Tue Jan 23, 2018 11:20 am

Post by Llamarble »

In post 23, northsidegal wrote:i didn't believe that he really found something, hence my saying that his entrance was forced (kind of like how your questions feel).
I like the way NSG questions the sincerity of the one questioning her, in the form of an aside. She repeats it again later and it feels good there too.
Overall I'm developing a townread on her. It's harder to construct an internal representation of scum-her that writes her posts.
NSG, if you were scum, how do you think that post of yours would have been different? (ended after 'entrance was forced?' or another thought to make it a more complete post? Or simply the same?)
Llamarble
Llamarble
Mafia Scum
Llamarble
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #299 (ISO) » Tue Jan 23, 2018 11:21 am

Post by Llamarble »

I'm taking this a lot slower now Eddie, starting from the beginning. I'll get back to LQ eventually.
It takes me a lot of effort to get good reads and I'm going to put that effort in instead of just hoping that everything will magically become clear to me because I am Llamarble.

Return to “Team Mafia 2018”