Survivor
Mathdino
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #500 (ISO) » Tue Jan 23, 2018 5:22 pm

Post by Mathdino »

if you were here for longer you'd think me and mathblade are both mathcam alts

aero thoughts on my response to you?

Edit: @Dunker: I have 0 qualms pushing people around and trying to get people I think are town to be what I think are better town players. So no, I don't see what you mean by manipulating. I wouldn't be as annoyed with you if you posted a case on me and actually explained what my scum motivation is. But the Math/A50 thing is ludicrous and honestly loses a lot of my respect. If I'm manipulating people,
what am I manipulating them to think?

@Aero: Uh, ISO me and find the part where I unvoted A50. It's kind of hard to explain. Or ISO him and ctrl+F "Dino's eyes".
Dunkerdoodles
Dunkerdoodles
Mafia Scum
Dunkerdoodles
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #501 (ISO) » Tue Jan 23, 2018 5:24 pm

Post by Dunkerdoodles »

In post 497, Smocaine wrote:hi dunker
sup dude
Aeronaut
Aeronaut
He/Him
Jack of All Trades
Aeronaut
He/Him
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades
Pronoun: He/Him

Post Post #502 (ISO) » Tue Jan 23, 2018 5:28 pm

Post by Aeronaut »

In post 500, Mathdino wrote:if you were here for longer you'd think me and mathblade are both mathcam alts

Edit: @Dunker: I have 0 qualms pushing people around and trying to get people I think are town to be what I think are better town players. So no, I don't see what you mean by manipulating. I wouldn't be as annoyed with you if you posted a case on me and actually explained what my scum motivation is. But the Math/A50 thing is ludicrous and honestly loses a lot of my respect. If I'm manipulating people,

@Aero: Uh, ISO me and find the part where I unvoted A50. It's kind of hard to explain. Or ISO him and ctrl+F "Dino's eyes".
Which response? About creature?

Yea I don't actually know how helpful it is to use creature's engagement to tell you much about UC. Idk, I can see it if you have other reasons to suspect UC but I just don't know how productive that's going to be for you. But power to you if you think it's gonna get you results.

What I'm getting from the A50 stuff is like that he's explaining why he wouldn't pick one game over another.
2023 W/L | 1-0
Dunkerdoodles
Dunkerdoodles
Mafia Scum
Dunkerdoodles
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #503 (ISO) » Tue Jan 23, 2018 5:32 pm

Post by Dunkerdoodles »

In post 500, Mathdino wrote:if you were here for longer you'd think me and mathblade are both mathcam alts

dude i literally just posted a case on you aka like my last 5 posts, also you haven't answered some of the questions in the posts, and now apparently i have lost respect FOR SCUMREADING SOMEONE. the object of the game is to find scum. if you are town you have no reason to be annoyed right now i think.
and you're manipulating people to make them think you're town and make them trust you. i know that sounds silly but it's true.

anyways i am reluctantly going to say you're town, but i still don't understand why im annoying you for playing the game
Aeronaut
Aeronaut
He/Him
Jack of All Trades
Aeronaut
He/Him
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #504 (ISO) » Tue Jan 23, 2018 5:33 pm

Post by Aeronaut »

wtf
2023 W/L | 1-0
Aeronaut
Aeronaut
He/Him
Jack of All Trades
Aeronaut
He/Him
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #505 (ISO) » Tue Jan 23, 2018 5:35 pm

Post by Aeronaut »

So you post five pages of case against Mathdino, then spend like two pages telling me he's manipulating everyone to think he's town

but also, he's town?
2023 W/L | 1-0
Mathdino
Mathdino
Survivor
Mathdino
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #506 (ISO) » Tue Jan 23, 2018 5:37 pm

Post by Mathdino »

Meh, well, UCV passed the test and he and Creature are both playing to their town meta. Another point is that it'd be pretty weird for the
Spam Squad
to assign UCV to scum when he's the least active player and is ML bait more than anyone else on that team.

You're correct.

Note that both he and I have talked about having some logic relating to that that we can't openly talk about due to rules.

But the rule is about what you're allowed to talk about, not about what you're allowed to think or use.

So basically, I think A50 will become easier to read as the game goes on, and not solely based on how scummy/townish he's acting in this game.

Edit: Thus far you've asked the questions "see what i mean by manipulating", "why do you have a problem with me scumreading you" (I addressed this), "i'm just some noobb right? my reads don't matter cause i'm bad?" (do you want me to respond to this...?).

So this is more evidence that you're honestly not playing a good towngame (like scum would really push a read this weak). You're simultaneously concerned about me not answering your nonexistent questions BUT ALSO about me overdefending myself from your points.

Let's talk about something else. Remind me your opinion on skirt/LLD and why?
Aeronaut
Aeronaut
He/Him
Jack of All Trades
Aeronaut
He/Him
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #507 (ISO) » Tue Jan 23, 2018 5:38 pm

Post by Aeronaut »

you're both townreading each other ?
2023 W/L | 1-0
Mathdino
Mathdino
Survivor
Mathdino
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #508 (ISO) » Tue Jan 23, 2018 5:41 pm

Post by Mathdino »

Not usre who you're talking about. To clarify, the first paragraph was to you re: UCV, the rest before the Edit was about A50, the edit was directed at Dunker.

I'm strongly townreading Dunker and UCV's slot.

A50 I'm actually not townreading but I don't want him dead today. If we're lucky we can get an investigation check on him.
Disclaimer: If A50 contributes literally nothing all day I might policy lynch him anyway so we can get the "A50 is scum" idea dealt with.
Dunkerdoodles
Dunkerdoodles
Mafia Scum
Dunkerdoodles
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #509 (ISO) » Tue Jan 23, 2018 5:43 pm

Post by Dunkerdoodles »

if you town read me why not try to work with me instead of being like "oh this guy's bad town"
Dunkerdoodles
Dunkerdoodles
Mafia Scum
Dunkerdoodles
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #510 (ISO) » Tue Jan 23, 2018 5:44 pm

Post by Dunkerdoodles »

me and my team all tr both lld and skirt

but i think there is a scum in (math, skirt, lld, a50)
Mathdino
Mathdino
Survivor
Mathdino
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #511 (ISO) » Tue Jan 23, 2018 5:45 pm

Post by Mathdino »

In post 506, Mathdino wrote:Let's talk about something else. Remind me your opinion on skirt/LLD and why?
dude.

Edit: Okay cool. Which of your teammates think what?
Dunkerdoodles
Dunkerdoodles
Mafia Scum
Dunkerdoodles
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #512 (ISO) » Tue Jan 23, 2018 5:46 pm

Post by Dunkerdoodles »

they aren't really paying attention too much but boon townreads skirt
skirt skirt
skirt skirt
Mafia Scum
skirt skirt
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #513 (ISO) » Tue Jan 23, 2018 6:11 pm

Post by skirt skirt »

UNVOTE:
skirt skirt
skirt skirt
Mafia Scum
skirt skirt
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #514 (ISO) » Tue Jan 23, 2018 7:37 pm

Post by skirt skirt »

Spoiler: i'm going to start off by personally addressing everyone who's voting me, which is another scum tell :thinking:
UCV: Tell creature to reread. He has had me as scum in our last 3 games together at least I think? And quickly flipped me to town in all of them (correctly). Referring to Beneath the Mask, the large I subbed into, and that mini idr if was recent or not. But, I'm more concerned with Mulch. You go first because I have the most important thing to say: Mulch, fuck you. You know EXACTLY what I think you're scumreading me for, and while I don't know for sure if its true you have no history reading me correctly whatsoever. If it is true, I never want to play with you again. If it isn't, please vocalize your issues with me even though I know I don't reciprocate that.
Bulbazak: If you're town, /please/ have Mastina and Thor give their updated thoughts on me before you lynch me. I will legitimately be in awe if both of them are able to incorrectly scumread me, they have both seen firsthand examples of me combined with toxicity, should understand why I've played like this, and Thor especially I trust to not misread me here. That isn't based on "meta" btw meta-haters: its based on me having confidence in Thor's analytical skills and seeing why this whole push on me is garbage. Bulba, I know you aren't bad, despite how insulting I may end up getting later on. You really need to get your head out of your ass and reevaluate though. Transcend townreads you, so I'll sheep it for now and unvoted above. I am sorry, guess I'm pocketing you and thor... lol. Apparently that's the level of play you think I'm at - blindly complimenting to pocket. Maybe if I say it here its not pocketing anymore? Or maybe its even scummier o.o
LLD: Actually, nothing to call you out on. I have confidence you personally will unvote me at some point soon.
T-Bone: The biggest issue here. I really, really take issue with your iso. You haven't "called me shit" as you said but you've all but said that. The thing is, you're the only of these 4 myself and my only teammates who read the thread collectively scumread. You ahven't done anything but be a prick. 469 is gross, not in a scummy way but in an as a person way. Again, I'll end up insulting you at some point, you strike me as the kind of person to not be easily offended so I won't coddle you. I want you to know I'm legitimately angry at your play. Thank you. I am not going to tell you to ask your teammates to analyze me, nor ask you to reevaluate, because I think we collectively just think you're a scum at best or a person I'm never going to get along with or enjoy playing with at worst. And hey, like bulba, nothing against your mafia skills, I've heard you're a decent player. I just think you're geriatric and aren't giving a genuine effort into this game. Your iso barely addresses most of it. This isn't gonna turn into a T-Bone case, you haven't posted denough nor are we far enough in the game to warrant that.
In post 179, Bulbazak wrote:Caught up, and Keychain is still kinda nebulous. I'm going to keep an eye there, but not interested in pushing that yet. I thought Elena might be panicking scum trying to squash Math's team analysis (which is actually relevant to Team Mafia). That seems like something I feel scum would do if events were turning against them. But then she did that reversal on LLD after much discussion, and I really can't see Elena-scum doing that, especially when keeping a vote on LLD would be so easy to do at this point in the game, and I really don't think LLD could apply enough pressure to turn the tides on Elena. At best, she'd get a LLD lynch, and at worse, she'd just look like hard headed town. There's really nothing to lose, so her changing her read is a town sign.

As for Skirt, he called me town before I even started posting, and then preceded to buddy up to me in subsequent posts. LLD has already pointed out how his entrance sounds fake, and Math has picked up on the discrepancy as well. He's tryharding, but in all the worst ways.

Vote Skirt skirt
I literally never said that. Calling you a good player implies you're more likely to take scum if anything though even that's a stretch. in fact, a page 1 quote from me;
UCV... I guess.
No clue for bulba.
LLD, A50, Smoke, definitely realistic for scum. I haven't actually seen A50s scum game I don't think, but iirc Chara said A50 is their scummer?
Did not happen. Did also not buddy up to you in subsequent posts or whatever bullshit you're on.
I hadn't posted as of this point in the game, and I don't have any recollection of ever having played with you. This felt like you trying to preemptively get on my good side. Looking back on it, probably not a townread per se, but I don't think it was meant to come across as a scum read.
I didn't disagree with Math saying you were inclined to pick scum, just said I didn't know, because we haven't played.... This isn't that big of a community and I spectate a lot of games I don't play at least loosely to practice reads, sorry for recognizing your name?
Math pushes you on the last post and says that I'm good as scum. There is a slight backpedal here, I think, but you definitely didn't want to let go of that potential townread and buddying opportunity on my slot.
Or. And I know this may be hard to believe. I have no clue on bulba because
I don't have any recollection of ever having played with you
Fucking moron. I apologize complimenting you, will not happen again wouldn't want to keep buddying and outing how obvscum I am.
And this is essentially what Skirt did when LLD started pushing him. He attacked her immediately as scum, and when she kept up the push and others were coming around, he changed his tune. I almost wonder if the same thing is going to happen to me, or whether he'll feel the need this time to put all his eggs in this one lynch, especially since Math is backing his play this time.
I "changed my tune", in like, 2 posts. You are reaching hard as fuck. Or sure, maybe I was intimidated by the onslaught of others... what others again? Oh yea... literally
ZERO players aside LLD and Mathdino posted between me voting LLD and me declaring them town
I actually have a problem with this if you are saying that you somehow are scumreading both of us.
BTW, scumreading two people that are somewhat unlikely to be partners is not an issue d1, rofl. You are not new, c'mon.
Is there a reason KMD thinks LLD would be intimidated by Skirt? I could see you, but Skirt suggests a level of town play I'm just not seeing.
If you aren't going to read my other games that's fine, don't insult me peasant. Your level of town play exclusively from this game would suggest you belong in the newbie queue.
Generally, your opinion of the players has a lot to do with how you prioritize them as scum. For instance, if I was scum, I couldn't care less about Skirt in that situation, given that I have zero experience with him and don't have a high regard of his play just given what I've seen. So the accusation of "He was trying to drive a wedge between these 2 pro-town forces." would be wildly inaccurate given my evaluation of Skirt as a player. Now, take that example and put LLD in the same place. If she doesn't hold Skirt in any sort of regard, why would she even care about putting a wedge between you two?
But onto the more relevant stuff, you don't need to hold me in a regard to want to drive a wedge into something. I don't believe that was remotely what LLD was doing, but this is a stupid as fuck train of thought regardless because recognizing A) that math is a player to hold in a high regard and b) skirt is an unknown but likely at least not completely new due to it being team mafia, you don't need to hold me in a high regard to do that wifom nonexistent bullshit you're harping about anyways.
Can anyone spot the mindset problem?
i'm sorry, i thought i was a spamposter? now its a mindset problem to want to reserve posting until i actually had something to say at once rather than creature style? make up your minds when you're using retarded reasons to scumread me.
In post 42, Lady Lambdadelta wrote:
In post 40, Mathdino wrote:I'm trying to understand what you're saying but I'm seriously not getting it, so I'll just tell you what I've been thinking and you explain in full instead of leading me.

The amount of convergence that skirt and I are having is unreal, and the fact that he locked an immediate townread on me for doing Mathdino-y things was highly concerning.

Then the fact that he sheeps me and is generally super friendly with me and my logic to the point of my pointing out one detail influencing his opinion?

I think skirt skirt is scum. Wasn't gonna say anything yet. I like my vote where it is given that I have more confidence in my ability to read A50 than skirt skirt.

If you think I left something out, lemme know, but otherwise it's your turn.

Edit: GOTTEMMMMMMMM
I don't think the convergence that you and Skirt ended up with is that uncommon because of team group think. There are players in this game who are far higher probability to choose scum than others. (fuck, more meta bullshit talk).

No, my problem with skirt's post is tone. When you post your list, you're speaking in what feels like an affirmative tone. These percentages don't guarantee anyting, and yet you speak with authority and
CONVICTION
behind your statements.

Skirt mimics your answers, sure, and that's not nearly as big of an issue as his lack of CONVICTION in doing so. I would expect a town player to either hard agree or hard disagree when you take a stance like you did, but he kind of.... sat the fence, tonally and content wise.

Does that make sense?
you haven't posted much, but I address you in the next spoiler I think.
In post 297, UC Voyager wrote:
In post 276, UC Voyager wrote:mulch is 100% sure skirt skirt is scum. like. he is screaming at me

VOTE: skirt
ok the rest of my team also thinks he i scum for the most part.

mulch 100%
creature 99%
sheep 80%
me and quick dont know
Nothing to say to you except what I've said to Mulch below. You aren't voting me, Mulch is and it isn't because I'm "scummy".

Vote: Shirt Skirt

Let's just get that out of the way.
Great start.
b. You want to see things from my perspective. Here is my perspective. When I took a look at the game for the first time, I groaned that we had made it to 10 pages. The first thing I did was check the activity, to see why we've gotten to that point. Maybe one player posted 100 times. You and Skirt each had 47 posts. Why did I do this? Because I know this format, Team Mafia, is especially ripe for spamposter type scum players. It is part of the reason (part, not entire, see LLD for a good estimate of what Skirt is) I put my vote there.
As either alignment, I'm at the top nearly always. The exception is when I'm nightkilled early, Mulch/Mathblade/Transcend have sometimes outposted me, and... that's about it. You said yourself I'm not posting over the top, so...
Basically, what you're doing (and what Skirt is doing on a 10x worse level) is creating interactions that are easily faked. I understand why you might do these as town, as you might legitimately grasp for these things...but...knowing this, you can easily fake this as scum. And I know meta-players like to use the 'but I wouldn't do this as scum defense'...and I'm not interested in would/wouldn't of someone's playstyle. You did initially sort me because I would probably take a town role, for example.
This is a whole lotta crap. When did I ever say "I wouldn't do this as scum"? Or you aren't referring to me, so what am I doing on a 10x worse level? What exactly is "easily faked" vs not so? That's rhetorical, because its buzzwording bullshit.
I haven't decided yet whether I feel his tone is hollow or not. I'm leaning towards genuine, because Skirt is trying to do a lot of the same things, and he is way more hollow in his convictions. So, I don't know if that is comparison bias or what.

But like, you're feeling off about Dino. Does it bother you that Skirt is mimicking his approach in a lot of ways? Let's back up...do you see that at all?
Giga pointed this out, and I'll get to that later but I agree, that you are talking about me, talking to math, and that's your iso. More hollow and conviction talk, I address that later.
This makes no sense. Full stop. Skirt, I don't mean to offend....but who sits up at night worried about Skirt? He doesn't have a reputation for being a quality player, and his playstyle is going to make people not want to listen to him initially. Of all the strong personalities in this game...
Of course you mean to offend, that's you being an asshat. I don't have a reputation for being a quality player... is that from a mod perspective or a player one? You should know what I'm getting at. I also adamantly disagree with my playstyle making people not want to listen to me, my lynch is chosen a lotttt more than random would suggest, and I'm generally good at shoving them through. And as I said to bulba, this doesn't even matter. It is irrelevant to the initial awful point about LLD driving a wedge etc.
I can't describe what I want to say at the moment, other than not good things. KMD's thoughts tank your slots' credibility...because A) this is a lazy read through by him or B) a lazy readthrough by him to try and give the appearance you and your team are scumhunting in earnest.
Listening to your teammates when they have experience with a player tanks their credibility? Stfu. Or, reply that I'm pocketing KMD now. Your choice.
The problem with what KMD posted is that is contrary to what he should know as a player. I can't imagine people having an impression of Skirt being a strong player, and having the impression that LLD would regard Skirt as a strong player. Like, your contributions I haven't questioned in terms of content (just in tone). But, it is like KMD thoughts are MadLibs. Like, those thoughts came preloaded without regards as to the characters who would later occupy those thoughts.
lol%%
If he does think highly of skirt, okay, no big deal. Like, I'm not here to fight you. If you're town I genuinely want you to play your best. It's just if you're scum, then I want you to get dead.

I'm not sure you can read Skirt in this game and have the impression that he is a reputable player. I'm not saying this to slight him or put him down. I always assume everyone is playing to the best of their abilities. But, he posts like that category of player who doesn't have much an ability to influence a game with his force of will, and thus, would not be treated as such by another player.
You really haven't ever read any of my games have you? Fine, as I've said, whatever. But why in the fuck do you imply you've heard I'm a subpar player, or even that I'm not. You're using words like you're not trying to offend, then you continue to be a cock. I'm sorry I beat you up for your lunch money timmy, and I'm sorry I did it yesterday, and I'm sorry I'll do it tomorrow.
I'm making an assumption about his playstyle, and his ability to influence the game. He entered the game and established himself to be a spam poster. Low content, high volume poster...the type of poster people don't really follow, because spamposters are usually not charismatic enough to lead a town in the early stages of a game, and that's how I felt he was in this game. I then assumed, that's how he is every game. At the very least that's how he was in this game.
lol
And I find it odd, because at that point in the game YOU were the charismatic leader Math. Now, you may or may not feel this way, but in the gamestate we are talking about (like the first 12 hours), you were the charismatic leader and Skirt was the lynchbait. His entrance was not strong, he was spam-posty, and then he mimicked you in some ways. If anything, wouldn't you be the more logical pocket for a scumplay in that situation?
Lynchbait? Math was the charismatic leader? Wanna talk about buddying... I was spam-posty? My entrance wasn't strong? I was triyng to do something rather than place an empty RVS vote and actually progress the game, excuse me. Maybe you're the problem if this is the second slowest game (was slowest at the time iirc) and you are having issues with the activity.
As thrilling as that post might be. Let me save everyone the trouble.

Skirt: boohoo T-Bone calling me a shit player, you're the shit player

T-Bone: Wow, at no point did I call you a shit player, but thanks for playing. Called you a spamposter, and that was my only commentary on you as a player.

I'm not interested in this conversation otherwise.
A) That wasn't your only commentary on me as a player
B) You said "No, I am very pleased with both of your posting levels since I have entered the game." I'm a spamposter? What of my posts are useless? Theres's a couple... as with any player, including you.
C) This is you trying to be a prick, trying to pseudovictimize me with boohoo and staging an argument to act smart. I never called you a shit player, I'm pretty sure I've never said anything negative about your skill as a player. I'll insult your mindset for days, cause it goes beyond you prossibly being scum.

Spoiler: more venting than relevant, read it if you want. It is at least a bit relevant. There was some more stuff I was going to respond to, but I honestly don't remember, so let's go on to reads.
you missed me you cunt

(ill help you out: i prefer playing town but my scum win rate is much higher)[/quote]
When the mod told me off for using cunt here, I got very annoyed and lost a lot of interest in this game right off the bat. That's all I have to say on the matter, I realized I could post this without braking rules because I'm paraphrasing.

In post 332, Bulbazak wrote:It seems LLD already got to this, but still:
In post 324, Mathdino wrote: - He thinks LLD's scumstrat would be to drive a wedge between me and skirt by pocketing me and tunneling him due to intimidation of a possible townbloc.
Is there a reason KMD thinks LLD would be intimidated by Skirt? I could see you, but Skirt suggests a level of town play I'm just not seeing.
In post 289, T-Bone wrote:You're missing what I want to get at. I'll break it down in short.

a. I don't have a specific instance in mind other than my own. I'm playing the odds that if you've done it once, with the very first question you asked in the game, after doing some research to inform the question, you've done it with other players. And, for me personally, I don't care what conversations you do or don't pick up (outside of ones with me)
b. You want to see things from my perspective. Here is my perspective. When I took a look at the game for the first time, I groaned that we had made it to 10 pages. The first thing I did was check the activity, to see why we've gotten to that point. Maybe one player posted 100 times. You and Skirt each had 47 posts. Why did I do this? Because I know this format, Team Mafia, is especially ripe for spamposter type scum players. It is part of the reason (part, not entire, see LLD for a good estimate of what Skirt is) I put my vote there.
c. I'm not asking you to have a read on me, nor do I care what that read is. I care about processes though...and even though I do dismiss meta, I don't dismiss players who believe in it. And for me, it looked like you (sort of) went through the trouble of finding my tendencies in Team Mafia. Which tells me, this is important to you (if you're town). Thus, I expect these things to continue to be important to you, even if you encounter players going 'meta is trash' along the way. From my perspective, and from my brief interaction, that is all lacking. No, I don't expect some declaration of my alignment based off of one question and answer exchange. But, when you seem to put something behind it, I expect it to have a little more importance than 'lol T-Bone can be in the PoE pile'.
d. This is Team Mafia. We all have teams we go back to in some capacity. We are all following 5 games in some capacity. Some players are doing more than others. Still, it's not an excuse. I'll only buy it for so long before I start to wonder if it is just a front because that player is actually scum.
In post 390, T-Bone wrote:
In post 324, Mathdino wrote:
SNIP

KMD thinks that:
- He thinks LLD's scumstrat would be to drive a wedge between me and skirt by pocketing me and tunneling him due to intimidation of a possible townbloc.
- He thinks there's one scum in {skirt, LLD}. He had an issue with how both of them so strongly locktowned me and then started getting in tons of 1 on 1 conversations with me (basically trying to pocket me). He doesn't however think LLD would ever open like that against a scumbuddy skirt.

I'm actually inclined to agree with one scum in skirt/LLD.

SNIP
This makes no sense. Full stop. Skirt, I don't mean to offend....but who sits up at night worried about Skirt? He doesn't have a reputation for being a quality player, and his playstyle is going to make people not want to listen to him initially. Of all the strong personalities in this game...

I can't describe what I want to say at the moment, other than not good things. KMD's thoughts tank your slots' credibility...because A) this is a lazy read through by him or B) a lazy readthrough by him to try and give the appearance you and your team are scumhunting in earnest.
Almost50 wrote:In fact, this being an event that most players will follow I would love to set an example for all how NOT to play around me.

UNVOTE:

I will wait until I'm put to L-1. point out where I crumbed and instantly hammer myself. It should serve to teach many of you how A50 plays his game (and yet I WILL change my playstyle, so it will only be an end of an era).
WEAKSAUCE

I was with you until right here. You haven't done anything this game, this game hasn't been going on that long for you to even do something and get ignored... don't insult us by pulling this bullshit card.

EDIT: I can, but as I demonstrated in this post, KMD's "thoughts" wrecked a lot of my trust in your slot.

First of all, you two can go fuck yourselves. I know Bulba is a good player and T-Bone probably is too as a mod but you are also cocky, aged, overconfident, arrogant assfucks. Literally, to the point you find it hard to believe somebody would ever possibly find me competent. You have no idea how much disdain I have for players like you, despite you being relatively competent players. The following is directed at LLD too: I'm "hollow" and "lack conviction"? Am I hollow or lacking conviction in viewtopic.php?f=84&t=73125 when I literally solo the game because my partner fucking dips early d1? In viewtopic.php?f=53&t=72998 I'm sure RC will argue all day long that he "caught" me because I had an emergency IRL, yet do you want to argue that I lacked conviction or was hollow as I along with a bit of boon early and late controlled the entire game? Those are not cherrypicked games, those are the only two scum games I have completed since returning. I have something like an 85% winrate on this site as scum last time I checked not including hydras, and something like a 60-65% townrate depending if you count an sk win as a loss (lol). I don't consider myself some god of mafia, there's plenty of people better than me including in this game, but I get annoyed when you old ass motherfuckers insult me, and I include LLD's reasons for scumreading me as insults to my skill. I don't want you to townread me because I show conviction as scum, I do as town too sometimes. I was trying to be nice this game explicitly and not ruin the gamestate, something I've never done before, apparently it isn't working? So fine, no more mr. nice eddie, I apologize if it does end up toxic in advance. Scumreading me for the reasons you've scumread me is almost as insulting as why mulch is feigning a scumread on me.

The above paragraph was AtE mostly. Fine. Frankly, I've got nothing against T-Bone or Bulba, that's my persona talking. Let's backtrack a bit.
In post 35, skirt skirt wrote:VOTE: lld
I was thinking at the time that if LLD entered the thread voting me they'd be scum. After they explained their scumread on me was due to a lack of conviction, I figured she thought I was some dumbass 2017 dude who doesnt know how to put an avi and a retarded newbtell like that would work. It was justified, so my vote was no longer needed. Mathdino asked me to explain my LLD townread; her scumread on me made sense as was justifiable. I expect LLD to be one of the first people to unvote me, because despite tunnelling I have faith in their capabilities AND faith for them to not be a dick. I don't strongly townread LLD, she hasn't done enough to warrant anything. I can believe her push was genuine though, so she's in the soft town lean pile. The only one of my teammates who's read most of this game is Transcend who did not give a read on LLD; you'll see Transcend reads below.

In post 100, Mathdino wrote:
In post 99, Elena Fisher wrote:I'm not trying to 1v1 LLD I just want her to quote the 2 posts in question between you and skirt and say why skirts is bad (or just quote the 2 posts and I'll go look at her reasons again) because I clearly thought it was the wrong post.
Also how dare you call me derptown I'm offended! :lol:
Misunderstanding my logic (or being opposed to probabilistic reasoning in general) often strikes me as a towntell. Scum are afraid to get in logical arguments with me that they could lose.

And I'm referring to the LLD vs skirt 1v1 moreso. I don't want that to take up the entire early game. Knowing LLD it has the potential to turn into some gladiator match. Tbh I was gonna purposefully stop posting for a bit so we could get others but I couldn't resist responding to shit :lol:
I'm well aware you aren't the only one to say this, just quoting here to say that anyone calling me and LLD a 1v1 needs to reevaluate what a "1v1" is. I fosd LLD for... what, a page? less than that? Oh, guess I'm hedgy and wishywashy, my bad. You're right, LLD can turn it into a gladiator match, so do I... if you go look at almost any of my recent town games you'll see I get into a toxic 1v1 at scum point. In my most recent it was Mathblade because Mastina told me they were 100% scum (I scumread them mildly) and Mathblade confirmed Mastina had successfully read them right something like 10 for 10... as Mastina's hydramate I had no choice. The game before that it was Gerry, again started by sheeping Mastina, though that time it was scum, and me also 1v1ing their scummate at the same time. The game before that, it was me in a toxic 1v1 this time TvT with Nero iirc. I won ish, Nero got lynched, town would've won except extremely lucky + decent enoughplay SK (Hi Maria!). Oh, and there was that large KMD is referring to where I subbed in because I was friends with the host and people itt requested me, the only person I misread really was ironically transcend. Once again, this is more self-meta bullshit I know the lord T-Bone and probably others will despise, but I have created toxic games as town a lot recently and I was trying really hard to improve on that. Apparently its not working. I promise, I'm done with the self meta that nobody cares about and is mostly irrelevant to the game now. Psychology is my major but I minor in English, I like writing lol.. after writing this I know its mostly irrelevant but I'm leaving it. Let's move on. Me and LLD is not a 1v1 and somebody needs to explain why it so obviously can't be TvT. Also, two games are already pretty disgusting in this team mafia round - shoutout Ether and Alisae. I don't want this to be a third. But, guess it might be because I need to be more aggressive apparently.

JJ and Giga haven't caught up at all yet, I think they're <7 pages in. Lycan has only read the first page but said he'll catch up tomorrow, so that's that. Transcend is the only one who's mostly caught up, and his reads are Dunker town, Key town (Elena vote good), CDB scum, Radja town, only confident scumread is cdb, leaning town on a50 but not confident, bulbashit (his words :roll:) prob town, lean scum on tbone, cdb's posts are empty and lack conviction (LMAO), voyager probs town, one post from bins pinged but overall solid town bins, and said to be wary of bins because she's sneaky. doggo interject: bulbashit isnt a storng tr, just a lean, new update: bins scummish cause a50 exchng is flaily, the pingy post was aero lynch, when shes scum she doesnt like to get her hands dirty, elena/ tbone/channenl solid srs, a50 solidly town,

Edit: Giga reading now. I will hold off on posting this until they're done.
Giga thoughts: expects town LLD because her premise is dumb and godawful reads; 58 is a really bad vote; claire probtown; wait no nvm; math what the fuck some of us have lives, im a full time student etc etc that wasnt even 24 hours into the game; i dont like bins that much; instead of reading the game straight up im going to skip to the end; one of bins/claire is scum (me: why) its kind of gutty, the way claire defended me and scumread math felt unnatural, like she was anticipating me as a major wagon (me: wouldnt that make one of the people pushing me at least a partner) maybe, thats why i was isoing bulbs; bulbas read is so wildly different from reality, @dogglord why do you tr bulba; tbone is barely interacting with you, just talking to math mostly; no interest in sorting srs, just interacting with 1 tr basically; i think bulba genuinely misread what good.php meant and doubled down on it being buddying later even though thinking about what calling someone good implies explains half the "contradictions" he "found" in your thought process,
ask keech or raybells why bins is town
, tbone is legit really scummy, channel tonally scummy w bad votes, tbone worse than bulba, elena felt wk-y, a50 wrose than bins or tvt,
giga also gave a reads chart of ucv = keychain = dunker - Math >>> LLD = aero = bins = smocaine = radja = a50 >>> cdb >>> bulba = elena = tbone

Now, for my reads list because I'm someone who likes reads lists and you can deal with that. This factors in my teammates reads and I weight those vs my own.
{Dunker, Radja, Keychain} - My teammates with Keychain meta both agree they're solid town, I don't really have a read on them but I'll sheep my teammates. Yknow, the point of team mafia, cough cough Tbone. Radja and Dunker are obvtown as fuck off play. I would say Radja is the lowest in this tier by a tiny bit though.
{UCV, Mathdino} UCV actually does get some townpoints of Creature, #SheepingMathDino. No reason to scumread them though, and my teammates hard tr, so can be town either way. Mathdino... would be in the tier above. I townread them, my teammates do. I dunno, their posts ping me sometimes. This sounds bad, but they got a lot of cred for not just bandwagoning me and continually pushing for my lynch. Also, they are leading a lot of discussion, and not in an overly scummy way. I dunno, this could be my pocketed slot, but overall I do want to say they're town.
{A50} - ... Dunno. My team thinks town, particularly Transcend. I think that self voting manipulative AtE stuff is somewhat scummy, but eh. I actually had this slot as null or very slightly scum, but also approvedo fi ts wagon before. Can go here.
{Aero, LLD, Smocaine} - Closest to a null pile, Aero and LLD
very
slight TRs. I don't think any of you have posted enough for me to sort you.
{Bins} - I town lean your play. Transcend and Giga are conflicting and undecided, in the scum direction a bit. Not gonna lie, I'm gonna sort you and all but it probably won't be my read that affects how I see your slot. I'm going to let my team do it, particularly Lycan because he is confident he can do it well. Don't know what your experience wiht him is, he's been very busy and hasn't ansered.
{CDB, Maria, Bulba} - Two people I town lean that my teammates fos. Maria is a bit lower probably - I townlean her more than CDB, but my teammates scumread her signfiicantly more. Transcend did acknowledge that he always scumreads her though. Bulba, I think has pushed me for absolute garbage, Giga agrees, but the garbage isn't necessarily scummy garbage and Transcend TRs. Tbone is definitely worse in my mind, and even worserest overall.
{Tbone} - Only player we collectively scumread.

VOTE: T-Bone
Mathdino
Mathdino
Survivor
Mathdino
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #515 (ISO) » Tue Jan 23, 2018 7:50 pm

Post by Mathdino »

Honestly yeah T-Bone is probably our best bet. I generally have a bias for people who step up and start 1v1ing me (kind of an anti-OMGUS).

idk i'm not gonna post shittons of reasoning this is a good wagon

VOTE: T-Bone
lemme go see KMD's notes for thoughts on T-Bone to make sure i'm not stupid:
"I'm lowkey TRing T-Bone going after you p12, along with Radja for unpopular opinions. That said, T-Bone would do that as scum while Radja probably wouldn't. Weak townread."
meh
i'll ask guiltylion to ISO T-Bone once he actually has time
skirt skirt
skirt skirt
Mafia Scum
skirt skirt
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #516 (ISO) » Tue Jan 23, 2018 8:06 pm

Post by skirt skirt »

ask keech or raybells why bins is town,
if it wasn't clear, i bolded this because out of that paragraph it was something important that needs to be answered.

anyways, hey math. out of curiosity, what makes you go from me being scum -> sheeping me? Anything else to say in response to the first part of that post in particular? In particular particular, you asked my LLD, I answered. I have another 20 or 30 minutes before I sleep and I'll probably be quiet tomorrow.
Mathdino
Mathdino
Survivor
Mathdino
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #517 (ISO) » Tue Jan 23, 2018 8:21 pm

Post by Mathdino »

Nope, way too long, I'm not wall to wall posting.

The fact is, I know my limits as a player and there are some people I know I'm gonna be bad at reading, especially in hilariously WIFOMy situations like yours and LLD's. So I'm not engaging. Your reads list is basically identical to mine, which is either very good or very bad (MATHDINO IS WAFFLING LOL).

But I've also been trying to find good wagons to push that don't reduce us to you vs LLD and your points on T-Bone vocalised a lot of what my gut was thinking. I can sheep my scumreads if I think they have a good chance at being right; you guys don't have to be scum together. Plus LLD could just be scum which locks you as town. I don't know enough to be able to sort that. But I do know enough to think T-Bone wagon is good and is def a better option than Binswagon, Bulbawagon, CDBwagon, and A50wagon.

NSG thinks Bins and Bulba are still good options (says Bins reacted badly) and thinks I jumped the gun on T-Bone. GL is still catching up. Thus far I've heard very few good arguments to even townlean T-Bone while I have heard good arguments for Binstown, Bulbatown, CDBtown, and A50town.
Mathdino
Mathdino
Survivor
Mathdino
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #518 (ISO) » Tue Jan 23, 2018 8:23 pm

Post by Mathdino »

in retrospect the best argument i have for skirtscum

is that creature thinks skirt is scum :/
Mathdino
Mathdino
Survivor
Mathdino
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #519 (ISO) » Tue Jan 23, 2018 9:21 pm

Post by Mathdino »

bored. GL is on page 8 or 9.

- guttownreads skirt off page 1, but thinks skirt's reasons for early townreading LLD are bad
- gut scumreading Elena
- 3 comments so far on how locktown dunker is and how he'd be willing to bet the game on that read ( was his main point)
- didn't like bulba's and the unsolicited overexplanation on Elena
- is eternally frustrated with always reading A50 wrong and how everything he does is baffling (he hasn't gotten to the self-vote yet)
- thinks skirt is townposting for strongarming A50 and having good reads

sorrynotsorry for the pseudo-catchup multipost, this will continue
Keychain
Keychain
she/her
Mafia Scum
Keychain
she/her
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum
Pronoun: she/her

Post Post #520 (ISO) » Tue Jan 23, 2018 9:44 pm

Post by Keychain »

In post 516, skirt skirt wrote:
ask keech or raybells why bins is town,
if it wasn't clear, i bolded this because out of that paragraph it was something important that needs to be answered.
Hello, yes, I did catch this out of the whole longwinded thing. A good amount of it looked a wee bit nasty and snappy so I'm skipping it for tonight.

Explanation Raybells gave when I asked is that scum!Bins is giggle-inducing. That's it.
I liked - that was pretty much entirely where my Bins read was coming from. It's a good analysis of why someone claiming their team received all town PMs (unprompted) is scummy. And the appeal to RC regarding her being awkward as town seems to line up with what he told me, which is also good. Not married to the read but also not interested in lynching there atm.
You're under no obligation to be the same person you were 5 minutes ago.
Keychain
Keychain
she/her
Mafia Scum
Keychain
she/her
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #521 (ISO) » Tue Jan 23, 2018 9:45 pm

Post by Keychain »

I've also looked at the less talky half of the game and have some comments and reads on that.

UCV
: feeling a lack of the usual enthusiasm from here which is saddening. But I see no reason to lynch him today, and I don't think that's going to change.

Radja
: I don't understand 's
LLD's entrance felt a bit rehearsed to me, but obv she has to post something like that.
comment, like at all. Why does she have to? I particularly like 's
To me, it looks like you don't want people to assume you took a scum role and you also don't want people to assume others may have taken a town role. I mean, that play only makes sense if you actually did take a scum role to me.

Feel free to tell me how I'm wrong though, because I am not seeing it.

and then the double down in , though the level of certainty there was a surprise after an ISO that seemed pretty conservative with making statements like that.

Bulbazak
: The early sensitivity to buddying and the retaliation against skirt skirt seems town to me. But 's
I admit the post was probably janky. I was trying to both get into the game and give some of my thoughts at the same time after having read 10 pages. I mean, I could have just given reads without explanation, but after Surreptitious, I'm trying to explain my thought process a bit more, because apparently, what I think is really obvious ends up being not so for most people. So if I have some reasoning for a read, I'm going to at least try saying a bit of how I came to that conclusion. If it's all still a bit vague in my head still, or if I'm wanting to withhold the reasoning for the moment, I'll just give a quick read and leave it at that.
is a worry, same as every other time someone has said they're scummy because they're switching things up. Otherwise townread on Bulba.

Smocaine
: Don't understand the LLD vote in . Otherwise there's also nothing in this ISO apart from the MathBlade/Mathdino mixup. More more.

T-Bone
: is an interesting one. I agreed with 's
KMD's thoughts tank your slots' credibility...because A) this is a lazy read through by him or B) a lazy readthrough by him to try and give the appearance you and your team are scumhunting in earnest.
But otherwise there's not much here besides a refusal to wagon Bins in and a theory conversation of great gravitas with Mathdino that doesn't appear to move the game in any direction.

Aeronaut
: Seeing like nothing useful regarding reads or anything from here, just poky questions and that initial Math townread. Hi Aeronaut! You're one of the people in this game I've wanted to play with. Do you have scumreads, townreads, inbetweenreads?

LLD
: The way that she came in with a plan right off the bat was alarming to me. is pretty questionable - what about someone's willingness to read and ability to keep events mentally lined up is alignment indicative?
also not sure where the anger in is coming from considering the prior post is pretty civil, and 101 seems to act like 97 never happened. Otherwise is reasonable but I need to check the conviction theory.
Regarding : <3
Lady Lambdadelta
Lady Lambdadelta
She/Faer
Rise of the Phoenix
Lady Lambdadelta
She/Faer
Rise of the Phoenix
Rise of the Phoenix
Pronoun: She/Faer

Post Post #522 (ISO) » Tue Jan 23, 2018 9:48 pm

Post by Lady Lambdadelta »

only popping in to clear something up, not in the mood to do long responses, but the chode thing was mostly me joking. not Anger.
Yes my Lord, but questions are dangerous, for they have answers.

13 heads and counting now, plurality is adaptive. If our experience might help you,
click here
If you wish to
speak to one of us
, we are Niamh, Rhiannon, Rhea, Aisling, Saoirse, Selene, Aoife, Fírinne, Aurélie, Lyra, Airna, Fiadh and Laoise.
Soar on wings of retribution and set the world ablaze
Keychain
Keychain
she/her
Mafia Scum
Keychain
she/her
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #523 (ISO) » Tue Jan 23, 2018 9:51 pm

Post by Keychain »

Okay, thank you! The capslock threw me.

Also my bad, T-Bone wasn't interested in Bins in , not , and I think that's referring to a wagon. Should have checked my links before I posted. The rest should be fine though.
ChannelDelibird
ChannelDelibird
He/they
Card Czar
ChannelDelibird
He/they
Card Czar
Card Czar
Pronoun: He/they

Post Post #524 (ISO) » Tue Jan 23, 2018 9:52 pm

Post by ChannelDelibird »

Keychain, what’s your read on me?