LicketyQuickety
LicketyQuickety
Survivor
LicketyQuickety
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #575 (ISO) » Sat Jan 27, 2018 10:07 am

Post by LicketyQuickety »

In post 554, northsidegal wrote:gamma, i don't mean any offense by this but your thoughts in seem superficial.
In post 530, Gamma Emerald wrote:
In post 221, Sauce wrote: Proposal for a set of acronyms:
  • MTT - my teammates think
  • IDCAWYTMTBYMBLTEYPWEG - I don't care about what your teammates think because you might be lying to enhance your posts with extra gravitas
  • WYELT?EAIFTR..R?! - Would you, ergo, lynch this? Ergo as in 'for these reasons.. Really?!
  • TYRUF? - Then Y R U Frontin'?
I like these acronyms, gives an air of keeping things brief, not getting bogged down in wordiness.
i mean, do you
really
think that these acronyms serve a functional purpose or that people were going to adopt them? i'm having trouble believing that that's a real thought that you had, and the same applies to a few other things you said there.
Yeah, good post here by North. I can say I don't get this by GE at all. If he is Scum, this is a pretty open pocket play.
I was anything worse than you! Anything worse than you was I!

You was doided teh aposit_tisopa het dedoid saw em.
LicketyQuickety
LicketyQuickety
Survivor
LicketyQuickety
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #576 (ISO) » Sat Jan 27, 2018 10:09 am

In post 561, Llamarble wrote:(If you are town, we are on the same team, so pls help)
Anyway the reason I woke myself up was I got paranoid about Postie and ISOed her in bed and I can't remember why she is town.
Mostly I just see a good player playing the game. Solid probability of town because game loaded with town but not the obvtown I was hoping.
TSQ is take it to the bank never lynch town though because he got frustrated with me and tried to pull me more actively into the game.(which worked). I will ISO him again sometime to make sure but he and Gamma are town 1 and town 2 and NSG has made fakeable posts but they have also been good; gets exhausting to continue to produce moderate grade town tells like that as scum so I think she can be town 3.
OK, this sounds like you are trying to put more effort into getting your TRs correct than your SRs. What's the Town motivation for that? Have you even bothered to ISO me, your strongest SR?

MathBlade
MathBlade
He/Him
Technical Support
MathBlade
He/Him
Technical Support
Technical Support
Pronoun: He/Him

Post Post #577 (ISO) » Sat Jan 27, 2018 11:02 am

Post by MathBlade »

Votecount 1.17

Marquis(3)
~ Davsto, Cogito Ergo Sum, Dunnstral

Thestatusquo(2)
~ LicketyQuickety, Sauce
Cogito Ergo Sum(2)
~ Lycanfire, northsidegal
Tchill13(1)
~ Thestatusquo
northsidegal(1)
~ Marquis
LicketyQuickety(1)
~ Llamarble
Gamma Emerald(1)
~ ActionDan
EddieFenix(1)
~ Postie
Davsto(1)
~ Tchill13

Not Voting (2): Gamma Emerald, EddieFenix

With 15 alive it takes 8 to lynch.

Day 1 deadline is in (expired on 2018-02-04 21:00:00)

MOD NOTESDavsto replaces wgeurts! Will update first post after work.
ScumBlade's eloquent performance left me utterly disoriented, debased, depraved and sent me spiraling into a horrific murky abyss with emotional turmoil and immense despair as my only companions until slowly I suffocate in my own gloom, surrounded by failure. I will never recover. -- Zachstralkita about Mini 1841
GTKAS -- MathBlade
Cogito Ergo Sum
Cogito Ergo Sum
YARR!
Cogito Ergo Sum
YARR!
YARR!

Post Post #578 (ISO) » Sat Jan 27, 2018 11:06 am

Post by Cogito Ergo Sum »

Eddie, GE, why aren't you voting?
Scumchat is awesome. Yarr!

~"Multiple exclamation marks are a sure sign of a diseased mind."~
Postie
Postie
Any/all
Jack of All Trades
Postie
Any/all
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades
Pronoun: Any/all

Post Post #579 (ISO) » Sat Jan 27, 2018 11:07 am

Post by Postie »

DAVSTO MY MAN
Discourse is fleeting, but junk mail is forever.
Postie
Postie
Any/all
Jack of All Trades
Postie
Any/all
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #580 (ISO) » Sat Jan 27, 2018 11:11 am

Post by Postie »

In post 568, Tchill13 wrote:VOTE: wgeurts

yeah i should have took my vote off postie apologies for that.
Dude you're almost as bad as Eddie at this point what the heck is this vote
I'd like a readslist pronto, please
Davsto
Davsto
He/Him
Farce of Habit
Davsto
He/Him
Farce of Habit
Farce of Habit

Post Post #581 (ISO) » Sat Jan 27, 2018 11:12 am

Post by Davsto »

Hello everyone! Apparently I'm young and beautiful, but only one of them is actually true. It's up to you which.

But yeh it's 10PM here so no actual post from me but tomorrow is a sunday so I'll be catching up the best I can then. I'd ask questions but I have a feeling that the response to literally every one would be "you'd know if you read the game" so I'll do that first.

I recognise a few names so yeh, should be fun. Watch out, Postie.
Llamarble
Llamarble
Mafia Scum
Llamarble
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #582 (ISO) » Sat Jan 27, 2018 11:30 am

Post by Llamarble »

In post 576, LicketyQuickety wrote: OK, this sounds like you are trying to put more effort into getting your TRs correct than your SRs. What's the Town motivation for that? Have you even bothered to ISO me, your strongest SR?
I've ISOed you a couple times.
I don't have a grand plan for my reading order.
I was literally falling asleep and thought "whoah, why am I townreading Postie again?" and got up to check.
Lycanfire wrote:Llamarble if I called the scumteam as Marquis+ActionDan+CES what would be your opinion?
I don't see anything wrong with these choices, particularly CES + AD I can believe. CES is going after Marquis with a decent amount of energy, but not enough to rule out the pairing.
LicketyQuickety
LicketyQuickety
Survivor
LicketyQuickety
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #583 (ISO) » Sat Jan 27, 2018 11:50 am

In post 582, Llamarble wrote:
In post 576, LicketyQuickety wrote: OK, this sounds like you are trying to put more effort into getting your TRs correct than your SRs. What's the Town motivation for that? Have you even bothered to ISO me, your strongest SR?
I've ISOed you a couple times.
I don't have a grand plan for my reading order.
I was literally falling asleep and thought "whoah, why am I townreading Postie again?" and got up to check.
If you have ISO'd me a couple of times, I find it very strange that you are Scum reading me for just one particular thing i.e. my engagement with shea.

northsidegal
northsidegal
Survivor
northsidegal
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #584 (ISO) » Sat Jan 27, 2018 11:55 am

Post by northsidegal »

In post 565, Cogito Ergo Sum wrote:Northsidegal, have you compared Marquis' early posting here to his posts in Signs and Void?
i haven't yet, although i've been meaning to – i thought marquis was a newer player until you pointed out that he was in the previous team mafia. i hope you realize that my question towards you isn't a questioning of your marquis read – i'm trying to figure out if you're actually reading the game at all, because as far as i can tell you haven't expressed any other scumreads nor any clear townreads.

any particular reason for voting the person being replaced? by the way, tchill has been active elsewhere on site but not here.

VOTE: tchill
In post 572, Lycanfire wrote:Nothing concrete yet. I want Llamarble's opinion. I'm still trying to reconcile my primary scumreads (i.e. only one of you or LQ). I think Postie is more town for reasons, some questions I have to respond to, others I think are inane and I will be ignoring. I have a few thoughts, but two/all three of those jumped out at me in a way I usually see into other dimensions to find scum. Will explain everything.
i'd appreciate if you would respond to and and, if you don't plan to, explain why they're presumably "inane".
wiki | modded | Newbie NewD3 Stats | scripts

things fall apart
LicketyQuickety
LicketyQuickety
Survivor
LicketyQuickety
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #585 (ISO) » Sat Jan 27, 2018 12:19 pm

Yeah, totally agree that Chill "apologising" for voting Postie is weird af and is also Scummy af. I don't want to change my vote back just yet tho.

Postie
Postie
Any/all
Jack of All Trades
Postie
Any/all
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #586 (ISO) » Sat Jan 27, 2018 12:30 pm

Post by Postie »

I don't think it's scummy that he backs down from voting me. What's scummy is that he then sits on his hands and can't follow up with anything new.
Though something that's causing me to hesitate here is the fact that if he were this disengaged and unable to play the game as scum, I don't understand why he would pick it? He's not exactly a newb either so he should have a rough idea of his capabilities as scum.
Dunnstral
Dunnstral
he/him
Goodfellas
Dunnstral
he/him
Goodfellas
Goodfellas
Pronoun: he/him

Post Post #587 (ISO) » Sat Jan 27, 2018 1:27 pm

Post by Dunnstral »

Uh this vote is pretty bad, I don't know why you're voting a slot that hasn't posted right now?

You seem off this game now, you seem timid compared to other games
northsidegal
northsidegal
Survivor
northsidegal
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #588 (ISO) » Sat Jan 27, 2018 1:27 pm

Post by northsidegal »

hey dunn do you have time to talk?

things fall apart
northsidegal
northsidegal
Survivor
northsidegal
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #589 (ISO) » Sat Jan 27, 2018 1:29 pm

Post by northsidegal »

if so then please respond to .

things fall apart
Thestatusquo
Thestatusquo
He/Him
Shea

Thestatusquo
He/Him
Shea

Shea

Post Post #590 (ISO) » Sat Jan 27, 2018 1:52 pm

Post by Thestatusquo »

In post 576, LicketyQuickety wrote:
In post 561, Llamarble wrote:(If you are town, we are on the same team, so pls help)
Anyway the reason I woke myself up was I got paranoid about Postie and ISOed her in bed and I can't remember why she is town.
Mostly I just see a good player playing the game. Solid probability of town because game loaded with town but not the obvtown I was hoping.
TSQ is take it to the bank never lynch town though because he got frustrated with me and tried to pull me more actively into the game.(which worked). I will ISO him again sometime to make sure but he and Gamma are town 1 and town 2 and NSG has made fakeable posts but they have also been good; gets exhausting to continue to produce moderate grade town tells like that as scum so I think she can be town 3.
OK, this sounds like you are trying to put more effort into getting your TRs correct than your SRs. What's the Town motivation for that? Have you even bothered to ISO me, your strongest SR?
what's the point of scum "getting town reads right" at all? isn't the literal only motivation for getting a town read being town? this game is mountainous. scum doesn't need town reads.
tout comprendre c'est tout pardonner
Thestatusquo
Thestatusquo
He/Him
Shea

Thestatusquo
He/Him
Shea

Shea

Post Post #591 (ISO) » Sat Jan 27, 2018 1:55 pm

Post by Thestatusquo »

also I should note: my level of activity will naturally go down on the weekends, when I am not forced to sit in front of a computer for 8 hours a day, so I generally don't.

Expect a couple posts like this from me on weekends and then my regular content on weekdays.

Still down to kill LQ or Tchill primarily.
LicketyQuickety
LicketyQuickety
Survivor
LicketyQuickety
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #592 (ISO) » Sat Jan 27, 2018 2:05 pm

In post 590, Thestatusquo wrote:
what's the point of scum "getting town reads right" at all? isn't the literal only motivation for getting a town read being town? this game is mountainous. scum doesn't need town reads.
You are assuming I am SRing Llama for that.

Llamarble
Llamarble
Mafia Scum
Llamarble
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #593 (ISO) » Sat Jan 27, 2018 2:14 pm

Post by Llamarble »

But uh, why else mention it and ask for the town motivation?
Thestatusquo
Thestatusquo
He/Him
Shea

Thestatusquo
He/Him
Shea

Shea

Post Post #594 (ISO) » Sat Jan 27, 2018 2:20 pm

Post by Thestatusquo »

In post 592, LicketyQuickety wrote:
In post 590, Thestatusquo wrote:
You are assuming I am SRing Llama for that.
for the love of god stop trying to put words in my mouth. I am saying it is an utterly useless question. unless you are suggesting that llama should change his behavior and stop trying to find town reads, OR that he should stop trying to double check his town reads, what exactly are you trying to accomplish with this post? because it reads like well poisoning to me.

especially because the action is a thing that only townies would be prone to do organically.
Thestatusquo
Thestatusquo
He/Him
Shea

Thestatusquo
He/Him
Shea

Shea

Post Post #595 (ISO) » Sat Jan 27, 2018 2:32 pm

Post by Thestatusquo »

Like that vibe becomes even stronger with the conclusion.

It's another reason I think you're likely to be scum.

You keep trying to subtly discredit scum reads on you. And I just mean like, argue and dispute arguments, because theres obviously town motivation to do that. What I mean is you keep trying to weasel around people scum reading you. One example of it is trying to cast all the people scum reading you as not understanding how you play, and saying they were doing so because they didn't like you playing mechanically, when in fact doing so was not the reason I had stated I was scum reading you, nor do I think its a fair characterization of the reason others were.

Similarly, in this post you seem to be suggesting that llama has not done the work, and subtly implying that his reads on you aren't to be trusted. At no point has llama said or even implied he hasn't read your iso, so you throwing it out there like that reads to me as an attempt to discredit his arguments instead of trying to interact with them.

It's disingenuous. You're not making good faith arguments.
Thestatusquo
Thestatusquo
He/Him
Shea

Thestatusquo
He/Him
Shea

Shea

Post Post #596 (ISO) » Sat Jan 27, 2018 2:33 pm

Post by Thestatusquo »

*and I'm don't just mean
LicketyQuickety
LicketyQuickety
Survivor
LicketyQuickety
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #597 (ISO) » Sat Jan 27, 2018 3:16 pm

In post 595, Thestatusquo wrote:Like that vibe becomes even stronger with the conclusion.

It's another reason I think you're likely to be scum.

You keep trying to subtly discredit scum reads on you. And I just mean like, argue and dispute arguments, because theres obviously town motivation to do that. What I mean is you keep trying to weasel around people scum reading you. One example of it is trying to cast all the people scum reading you as not understanding how you play, and saying they were doing so because they didn't like you playing mechanically, when in fact doing so was not the reason I had stated I was scum reading you, nor do I think its a fair characterization of the reason others were.

Similarly, in this post you seem to be suggesting that llama has not done the work, and subtly implying that his reads on you aren't to be trusted. At no point has llama said or even implied he hasn't read your iso, so you throwing it out there like that reads to me as an attempt to discredit his arguments instead of trying to interact with them.

It's disingenuous. You're not making good faith arguments.
So... are you trying to argue to me why I am Scum or what?

And I do defend myself as Town, look it up. Also, the distinction you made regarding fighting against your own lynch doesn't even exist IMO.

I am not implying anything by questioning Llama, I am pointing out what doesn't make sense to me. But sure, label that as a reason to SR me.

Frankly, you are fucking horrible at understanding my motivations, shea.

LicketyQuickety
LicketyQuickety
Survivor
LicketyQuickety
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #598 (ISO) » Sat Jan 27, 2018 3:17 pm

VOTE: Chill

This is TSQ's Town game. He flips his shit as Town way more than when he is Scum.

LicketyQuickety
LicketyQuickety
Survivor
LicketyQuickety
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #599 (ISO) » Sat Jan 27, 2018 4:01 pm

Reads:

Town

North -
Most Confident

Dan
TSQ -
50/50 on Town Lean/Town

Town Lean

Eddie
Gamma Emerald
CES -
50/50 on Town/Null

Null

Sauce - Doesn't have to do much to bump him up to Town Lean
Dunnstral - This isn't moving until I see enough content to actually be able to sort
Dave -
Least Confident

Lycanfire
Postie - I don't see Postie moving out of this rage D1

Scum Lean

Llamarble -
50/50 on Scum/Null

Marquis -
50/50 Scum Lean/Scum

Scum

Chill -
Most Confident

I could potentially see Llama and TSQ teammed here. So even tho individually I have very different reads on these player, I think if Llama flips Red then TSQ has a pretty damn good chance to flip red as well. With this, though, Llama is my weakest SR.

Return to “Team Mafia 2018”