mozamis
mozamis
Jack of All Trades
mozamis
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #1275 (ISO) » Sat Jan 27, 2018 4:52 pm

Post by mozamis »

In post 1266, Thor665 wrote:I mean, just to clarify, he killed an active poster who most people had as a town read who was indeed town.
Describe how that's different from a scum kill.
I'll wait.
hey it's more theory talk form thor! INFO WITHOUT ANALYSIS.
god can we please lynch this.
You've reached that age, Listy. 24, 25...Your muscles give up, they wave a little white flag of surrender and without any warning at all, you're suddenly a fat bastard...
mozamis
mozamis
Jack of All Trades
mozamis
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #1276 (ISO) » Sat Jan 27, 2018 4:54 pm

Post by mozamis »

i was wrong about Thor he's not a politician he's a British civil servant!
thor's role model
You've reached that age, Listy. 24, 25...Your muscles give up, they wave a little white flag of surrender and without any warning at all, you're suddenly a fat bastard...
Thor665
Thor665
Papa Smurf
Thor665
Papa Smurf
Papa Smurf

Post Post #1277 (ISO) » Sat Jan 27, 2018 6:18 pm

Post by Thor665 »

So now you're offering a really mediocre complaint of me talking theory when, basically it just happened this phase, for about three posts while I was also actively mauling your case on me and explaining why you're scum.
You duck all of that to make this complaint.
And post some videos.

Meh.
mozamis
mozamis
Jack of All Trades
mozamis
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #1278 (ISO) » Sat Jan 27, 2018 6:33 pm

Post by mozamis »

you case on me?! you never rasied suspicion of me all game, i then make a case on you as scum, and you OMGUS me. Simple as that, everyoen can see that.
Your caught flailing scum, trying to distract people with info w/out analysis.
And you've made a flat out lie YOU NEVR PUSHED HE WHO SWIMS, never made a case on him. Just an obvious bus.
mozamis
mozamis
Jack of All Trades
mozamis
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #1279 (ISO) » Sat Jan 27, 2018 6:36 pm

Post by mozamis »

oh hang on, is Thor just trying to get involved in abstruse argument with one other person LIKE HE SPENT THE WHOLE OF DAY 1 whilst not givig out any other reads??!! What a shocker lol Pity i'm only Vt and not IC i guess :)
mozamis
mozamis
Jack of All Trades
mozamis
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #1280 (ISO) » Sat Jan 27, 2018 6:38 pm

Post by mozamis »

In post 1268, Flubbernugget wrote:less theory more scumhunt
yeah i know what you mean about Klick.
maybe i'm wrong about Cult and its Thor and Klick?
Anyway, one at a time. If we could get Thor for the love of god...
mozamis
mozamis
Jack of All Trades
mozamis
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #1281 (ISO) » Sat Jan 27, 2018 6:44 pm

Post by mozamis »

"Ep, tell me more about your RC scumread"
my quote thing is fucked...
anyway, this look stown form Cult, I kinda wondered about, and to me it shows her curiousity about what is going on. Obviously scum find this hard to fake.
So maybe Cult back to town?
@ Cult - join me on Thor?
Beefster
Beefster
Mafia Scum
Beefster
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1282 (ISO) » Sat Jan 27, 2018 6:44 pm

Post by Beefster »

moz, I think I see what you're saying about Thor. His HWS vote was out of the blue. I could see COA being the third scum of a Thor/HWS scumteam.

Seeing as I can also see a COA/moz/HWS scumteam, I want to vote COA for being the common denominator in many of my top suspected scumteams, but I think
VOTE: Thor
Is in order at this time.
On hiatus indefinitely. This was a nice distraction when I was working through my faith transition out of Mormonism, but I need to move on to bigger and better things now.
Get to know a meat boy
Thor665
Thor665
Papa Smurf
Thor665
Papa Smurf
Papa Smurf

Post Post #1283 (ISO) » Sat Jan 27, 2018 7:04 pm

Post by Thor665 »

I see you making a lot of noise about the timing of my case, but, yeah, since my case is based around how terrible your case on me is it didn't exist till you pushed me.
Maybe that makes it OMGUS - but that doesn't actually qualify as showing my case as bad nor scummy.
Feel free to explain that.

Also, yes, I did present a case on HWS. You can keep squealing that I didn't. But it's factually there, I've linked it, and you've even quoted part of it and complained that it was too small. So, I don't believe you and it makes me sad if anyone does.

@Beef - literally moz is not dealing straight, and I think it's obvious. However you are apparently reading my rebuttals and his and finding him to be full of facts and me to be full of lies.
Why?
Please explain it, I'd be curious to see the thought process.
I promise not to even debate it - and just leave it alone for others to assess, but I want to see you unpack it.
Errantparabola
Errantparabola
Composed.
Errantparabola
Composed.
Composed.

Post Post #1284 (ISO) » Sat Jan 27, 2018 8:44 pm

Post by Errantparabola »

In post 1270, texcat wrote:Can you clarify this? I originally thought that "Athena > " ... meant that Athena was the scummiest and Klick the least scummy, but your next sentences seem to indicate it's the other way round.
Other way round.
In post 1273, CultOfAthena wrote:Are you saying that you think that town makes up reasons to throw shade and then backpedals when pushed? Because saying this and then following it up with a townread on Max makes it seem like you're not actually trying to sort him to me.
Firstly: maybe I'm wrong with that interpretation, and although that's scummy behavior there are reasons I think he could be town. So I've got conflicting evidence. And I made it pretty clear that without that conflicting interpretation giving me pause on this, Maxous basically becomes my top scumread.

Secondly: Yes. Well sort of. I think that town definitely puts out lazy reads at times. I think that town occasionally, maybe a certain kind of player, fakes reads to get townread and stay alive (I'm not saying that's Maxous here). I think that town can be inconsistent and disengaged and can sort of go with something that they remember reading or thinking and find later that they don't really see that anymore, be sloppy with what kind of stuff they post or say, etc etc etc. And I think all of that can go towards the fact that hey, maybe Maxous isn't trying to consistently throw shade at me when he aint got none.
In post 1273, CultOfAthena wrote:Also: what was the deal with your RC scumread?
As I thought about it more, I
- became more and more convinced that the way RC rapidly flipped on me was nonsensical and he kept becoming more and more confident that I was scum until he was eventually just working with a gameview that assumed that I was and I didn't buy whatever he looked at and saw.
- considered that the spat with Transcend came from scum motivation.

either way it's moot now so shrug
In post 1275, mozamis wrote:hey it's more theory talk form thor! INFO WITHOUT ANALYSIS.
Scum relies on this at times but based on Thor's behavior this game he is obviously not that type of scum player
did another ms user do something lovely? recognize their achievements here!

Today's modern mafia consumer demands dozens, nay, hundreds of roles that are vanilla cops.
--implosion
provided
Klick
Klick
Flash Forward
Klick
Flash Forward
Flash Forward

Post Post #1285 (ISO) » Sat Jan 27, 2018 9:53 pm

Post by Klick »

In post 1174, Errantparabola wrote:Fuck me, I was really banking on dying last night
Okay I'm outta time for clear reasons but, yeah. Reading soon and all that, fuck
This feels like a bit of an unethical argument. But:

I believe wholeheartedly that EP wouldn't straight-up lie about out-of-game problems.
Similarly, I don't think they're fudging the truth about banking on dying last night.
Scum who just lost a partner don't bank on dying last night.

EP is now a strong townread and I don't feel justified allowing a lynch on them any time in the foreseeable future.
Klick
Klick
Flash Forward
Klick
Flash Forward
Flash Forward

Post Post #1286 (ISO) » Sat Jan 27, 2018 11:09 pm

Post by Klick »

Okay, so what were the scum's objectives yesterday?
In post 354, HeWhoSwims wrote:Quick 5-tier read post, I feel like my previous explanations + what I've addressed since should be enough for now.

T: Mozamis, Moneybags
TL: Thor665, Beefster, COA, Max
N: Klick, texcat, EP
SL: (Transcend), Bellaphant, Flubbernugget
S: -

Transcend read is obviously mostly based on Penguin hence the brackets.
In post 823, HeWhoSwims wrote:Conftown Transcend, RC

Town

Townlean Thor, Moneybags, Klick?, Beef

Null Mozamis, tex, COA, Max?

Scumlean Flubber, EP

Scum

If people want me voting then VOTE: Flubbernugget but as said, I'm just barely 100% confident.
HWS was satisfied with the direction of yesterday's wagons up to this point. We already know that most major wagons yesterday were town. HWS doesn't feel the need to push the game in any direction until now. However, he was pushed into voting, leading to not much info being gained from the Flubber vote. He never votes again after voting Flubber. There's not much to glean from HWS's motives.
Random catch looking through HWS's ISO, however:
In post 642, HeWhoSwims wrote:oooo I like . That's a catch on Beef copying. That's certainly suspicious.
I don't think this reaction is something HWS would give if either COA or Beef were scum (COA being the owner of the post HWS is talking about). HWS casually rides on the back of COA's accusation of Beef. In the event of COA-scum I suspect we wouldn't have seen such direct approval of the post. HWS also seems a bit too enthusiastic about the content he's seen and how it affects his (fake) view on Beefster. As a more general note on HWS's reads on Beefster, he seems to default into reading him as leaning town. He dips into scumlean territory momentarily, switches it to null with explanation, then back to leaning town for no apparent reason. He's not putting too much thought into his Beefster read in the long-term in a way that I feel he'd do if Beef was his buddy.

Other than that, I struggle to read into HWS's motivations during the day at all.
What were the other two scum trying to do?

We can presume they're pushing mislynches. The PR wagons weren't all town-on-town, surely.
RC claims with literally just Max and moz on him. Not much to gain from analysis here.

Spoiler: VCA
In post 543, TesXX wrote:
Vote Count 1.5

Transcend
(4): CultOfAthena, Klick, mozamis, Maxous
Flubbernugget
(2): texcat, Thor665
Beefster
(1): RadiantCowbells
mozamis
(1): Beefster
texcat
(1): Flubbernugget

Not Voting
(4): Moneybags, Transcend, HeWhoSwims, Errantparabola

With 13 alive, it takes 7 to lynch.

Deadline
: (expired on 2018-01-24 20:00:56)
RC was on this Transcend wagon before the claim, but he's town so it doesn't matter. There's probably scum influence in the Transcend push here. I'm also still convinced at least one of tex/Thor is scum who sat on Flubber all day yesterday.
In post 757, TesXX wrote:
Vote Count 1.6

Flubbernugget
(3): texcat, Thor665, Moneybags
Beefster
(3): mozamis, CultOfAthena, Flubbernugget
Errantparabola
(2): RadiantCowbells, Klick
CultOfAthena
texcat
(1): Transcend

Not Voting
(3): Errantparabola, HeWhoSwims, Maxous

Deadline

super speed!
This Flub wagon gains RC, HWS, and myself, in that order. So to create a VC for the moment Flub claims:

Flubbernugget
(6): texcat, Thor665, Moneybags, RadiantCowbells, HeWhoSwims, Klick
Beefster
(3): mozamis, CultOfAthena, Flubbernugget
CultOfAthena
texcat
(1): Transcend

Not Voting
(2): Errantparabola, Maxous

HWS joined the Flub wagon. Likely two scum on this wagon; I don't think HWS joins as the third scum on a wagon he doesn't claim to have much confidence in. Notably, there's a push on Beef that has moz/Cult as non-confirmed players.

Another notable VC:
In post 1074, TesXX wrote:
Actual VC 1.8

texcat
(5): Klick, Moneybags, RadiantCowbells, mozamis, Beefster
Beefster
(3): CultOfAthena, Flubbernugget, texcat
HeWhoSwims
(2): Transcend, Thor665
Errantparabola
(1): Maxous

Not Voting
(2): Errantparabola, HeWhoSwims

Deadline
tex jumps off of Flub, onto obvtown Beefster. Two conftown are on the texcat wagon. The only scum I really see possibly being on this wagon is moz.

Based on all of this, I suspect the scumteam is between {texcat, Thor, mozamis, Maxous}, with at least one of tex/Thor for sure. I find moz more likely scum than Max.

With that... I'm very satisfied with my tex vote. I'll also take a Thor lynch without problems.
Thor665
Thor665
Papa Smurf
Thor665
Papa Smurf
Papa Smurf

Post Post #1287 (ISO) » Sun Jan 28, 2018 2:35 am

Post by Thor665 »

@Klick - two questions about your reads.

1. You don't discuss EP as a clear here, but you also assuredly don't have him in your theory scum pool. So what clears him as assured not scum?

2. I get that you think scum sat on Flub, which makes me or Tex scum to your mind, but then you have us in your theory scum team as an either/or connection - why would it be impossible for both of us to be scum together exactly?

As a very minor third point - your reads also require moz and I to be scum theatre if I'm scum and we're amongst your strongest reads.
Why in the world would you think scum would pull the gambit we are in trying to make a 1 v 1 situation today? That doesn't seem like good play (or maybe you're going with the moz theory that I don't understand how to play to my wincon as scum at all ;) )
TesXX
TesXX
Mafia Scum
TesXX
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1288 (ISO) » Sun Jan 28, 2018 5:05 am

Post by TesXX »

sorry for lack of VCs
Vote Count 2.2

Thor665
(3): mozamis, Flubbernugget, Beefster
Klick
(2): CultOfAthena, Errantparabola
Maxous
(1): RadiantCowbells
Errantparabola
(1): Maxous
Beefster
(1): texcat
mozamis
(1): Thor665
texcat
(1): Klick

Not Voting
(0):
None.

With 10 alive, it takes 6 to lynch.

Deadline
: (expired on 2018-02-08 18:26:35)
Klick
Klick
Flash Forward
Klick
Flash Forward
Flash Forward

Post Post #1289 (ISO) » Sun Jan 28, 2018 5:25 am

Post by Klick »

1. It's in post 1285. Essentially the logic follows like this:

- EP is unlikely to be lying to us all about out-of-game issues keeping them from this.
- The guilt about not being here is genuine, and I do not think they are fudging the truth about anything in regards to activity issues.
- Therefore, when EP claims they were banking on dying last night, they mean it. It's an ethical argument; I don't think EP expresses guilt about not being around while simultaneously using it to their advantage by lying about these circumstances.
- If EP was banking on dying last night... That sort of thinking is much more likely coming from town than scum. Scum with only one partner left doesn't have any desire to get shot by the vig.

I have a lot of trouble seeing post 1174 coming from scum!EP.

2. Where do I say this? If I conveyed that it was unintentional; I very much meant to leave that possibility on the table. The only pairing in those four I can't see is moz/Max due to VCA.

3. Reading your posts directed at moz, I don't see a reason they're not scum talking to scum. Particularly, you're arguing that moz is scum, but your arguments aren't very persuasive and I think you could be aware of that. In fact, most of the game your reads have been expressed for what seems to be your own sake instead of trying to persuade.

Reading moz's posts directed at you... yeah you have a point. He is tunneling you hard. I'm picturing a theoretical daytalk chat between you two where moz says he's going to throw you under the bus hard, and I don't quite see it.
Thor665
Thor665
Papa Smurf
Thor665
Papa Smurf
Papa Smurf

Post Post #1290 (ISO) » Sun Jan 28, 2018 5:42 am

Post by Thor665 »

1 I can agree his activity is non-alignment indicative. I'm just not sure where the 'banking on dying' becomes face value town true. If he was scum he could have been banking on dying from Transcend's shot just as much as if he were town, yeah? So, even if true - how is it alignment indicative?

2. I got it from 'at least one of tex Thor' bit. My presumption being you wouldn't have thought two scum would try the same sit on a wagon strategy. Also seems a really thin connection considering our actions around that wagon to me.

3. Well, duh, moz is tunneling me. But you say my arguments aren't clear? Seriously? Can you describe moz's case on me and explain how you see that as a town thought process? (which is my entire case - that it can't and is full of straight lies, which I have made quite clearly).
Pay close attention to his description of my scum plan.
And feel free to compare/contrast what each of us are claiming the other one is lying about.

Frankly I'm embarrassed I can't get anyone to do this yet.

Because his case is so thin as to be an inverse of itself. It's literally laughable how hard he's going in considering how empty his case is - and I'm the only one saying it while I have Beef claiming he's making good points and you claiming I'm not being clear (like...whut?) and Flubber so blind needing to tunnel me that, even though he is kind of aware moz's case is a laugh, he can't bring himself to unvote.

I'll wait.
RadiantCowbells
RadiantCowbells
He/him
Smooth Criminal
RadiantCowbells
He/him
Smooth Criminal
Smooth Criminal
Pronoun: He/him

Post Post #1291 (ISO) » Sun Jan 28, 2018 9:28 am

Post by RadiantCowbells »

CoA what do you think about Thor and Texcat?
2019 stats: Town WR 76.7%, overall WR 81.667%, 1 scum defeat involving a major mod error in lylo vs 8 scum wins.
RadiantCowbells
RadiantCowbells
He/him
Smooth Criminal
RadiantCowbells
He/him
Smooth Criminal
Smooth Criminal

Post Post #1292 (ISO) » Sun Jan 28, 2018 9:33 am

I'll go ahead and say sorry Thor you probably shot the wrong PR for this game.

VOTE: Thor665

I think that Tex is the buddy though
2019 stats: Town WR 76.7%, overall WR 81.667%, 1 scum defeat involving a major mod error in lylo vs 8 scum wins.
Thor665
Thor665
Papa Smurf
Thor665
Papa Smurf
Papa Smurf

Post Post #1293 (ISO) » Sun Jan 28, 2018 9:38 am

Post by Thor665 »

In post 1292, RadiantCowbells wrote:I'll go ahead and say sorry Thor you probably shot the wrong PR for this game.

VOTE: Thor665
:neutral:
The fact that people slowly just keep voting me while the only person actually discussing the "case" against me is moz, and he is objectively spewing a terrible case should scream to anyone with 1/4 of a brain that this is not a good lynch.

I'll go ahead and hit you up with the same thing I'm hitting everyone up with, because I presume eventually *someone* will be able to explain it.
How am I remotely scummy looking exactly?
The moz case is a joke.
I helped lynch scum yesterday.
I did so at a pivotal moment.
I had other options so bussing would have just been dumb.

Literally the nly ding against me is I pushed Flubber (after he advanced a case that he has basically straight up admitted including making up meta on me...which HELLO, that's a good reason for me to scumspect him)
And also it ignores that other people also pressured Flub.

The case on me is dumb, RC, and you are the first one voting me who objectively I'm aware should be better than this.

Walk me through this dreck as you see it.
I legit double dare you.
RadiantCowbells
RadiantCowbells
He/him
Smooth Criminal
RadiantCowbells
He/him
Smooth Criminal
Smooth Criminal

Post Post #1294 (ISO) » Sun Jan 28, 2018 9:38 am

think you're kinda missing the point here
Maxous
Maxous
Mafia Scum
Maxous
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1295 (ISO) » Sun Jan 28, 2018 9:39 am

Post by Maxous »

In post 1273, CultOfAthena wrote:
In post 1250, Maxous wrote:
In post 1248, CultOfAthena wrote:I'll admit that he slipped under my radar, but looking from his ISO at me there's definitely something there – how closely did you look at his ISO and what did you get out of it?
i had a brief look over his ISO. It's hard to get connections out of it as he was purposely being vague and fence sitting about most players.
But you made the point that it specifically incriminates me – I'm asking what you saw there that would point to me over anyone else
I made the point that my read on you is dropping and i barely see any interaction between you and HWS. Which is a common scum thing to do, particularly if they're not really experienced.
I don't think you even mentioned HWS in your readlist
In post 1284, Errantparabola wrote:- considered that the spat with Transcend came from scum motivation.
again, you read RC's spat with Transcend but didn't see the tracker claim?
"
And before anyone bitches about me highlighting PoD's 437 when I replaced in and called everyone on my wagon communists, I remind you that communism is not alignment-indicative
" - Belisarius

wiki (actually) updated
Thor665
Thor665
Papa Smurf
Thor665
Papa Smurf
Papa Smurf

Post Post #1296 (ISO) » Sun Jan 28, 2018 9:42 am

Post by Thor665 »

In post 1294, RadiantCowbells wrote:think you're kinda missing the point here
Okay, fair, what point am I missing outside of the logic and scumhunting I'm focusing on?
Thor665
Thor665
Papa Smurf
Thor665
Papa Smurf
Papa Smurf

Post Post #1297 (ISO) » Sun Jan 28, 2018 9:47 am

Post by Thor665 »

In post 1275, mozamis wrote:
In post 1266, Thor665 wrote:I mean, just to clarify, he killed an active poster who most people had as a town read who was indeed town.
Describe how that's different from a scum kill.
I'll wait.
hey it's more theory talk form thor! INFO WITHOUT ANALYSIS.
god can we please lynch this.
@RC

And as you explain the actual point, I just want to hit you up with a quick town/scum test. Please answer the following;

1. The above quoted post is objectively a misrep of my play.
True/false (if false, please justify its validity in any way you can)?

2. The case on me by moz (wherein he says I bussed my scumbuddy after hard pushing town because...I was dumb. Is a case you agree makes sense with my scum meta.
True/false (if true please offer one anecdote (no link needed) as a similar example.

I'm just wanting to get you on record for this before my flip.

@Everyone else.
If RC answers True to #1 and #2 *and* I flip town at any point in this game. Please lynch RC.

And she's currently backing this case, so I presume she's at least somewhat going to answer true/true...
Thor665
Thor665
Papa Smurf
Thor665
Papa Smurf
Papa Smurf

Post Post #1298 (ISO) » Sun Jan 28, 2018 9:48 am

Post by Thor665 »

Sorry False to #1 and True to #2 would be the assured lynch.
Maxous
Maxous
Mafia Scum
Maxous
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1299 (ISO) » Sun Jan 28, 2018 9:49 am

Post by Maxous »

In post 1285, Klick wrote:I believe wholeheartedly that EP wouldn't straight-up lie about out-of-game problems.
literally nobody is claiming he is.
In post 1286, Klick wrote:Random catch looking through HWS's ISO, however:
In post 642, HeWhoSwims wrote:oooo I like . That's a catch on Beef copying. That's certainly suspicious.
I don't think this reaction is something HWS would give if either COA or Beef were scum (COA being the owner of the post HWS is talking about). HWS casually rides on the back of COA's accusation of Beef. In the event of COA-scum I suspect we wouldn't have seen such direct approval of the post.
it's probably a decent point for Beefster!town.
If HWS and Beef are buddies i think they would of cross-bussed at the end of day anyway
In post 1290, Thor665 wrote:Because his case is so thin as to be an inverse of itself. It's literally laughable how hard he's going in considering how empty his case is - and I'm the only one saying it while I have Beef claiming he's making good points and you claiming I'm not being clear (like...whut?) and Flubber so blind needing to tunnel me that, even though he is kind of aware moz's case is a laugh, he can't bring himself to unvote.
Yeah, ok.
see, here's my issue - mozamis has been doing this the entire game and you're only *now* calling it out.
Yeah I get it, moz is tunneling on you. But why is his case on you weaker than all the other votes he made day 1. it's the same behaviour.
"
And before anyone bitches about me highlighting PoD's 437 when I replaced in and called everyone on my wagon communists, I remind you that communism is not alignment-indicative
" - Belisarius

wiki (actually) updated

Return to “Completed Open Games”