LicketyQuickety
Survivor
LicketyQuickety
Survivor
Survivor
Happy Scumday!

Post Post #1100 (ISO) » Thu Feb 01, 2018 5:23 pm

Post by LicketyQuickety »

In post 1093, Llamarble wrote:We've discussed it this game, but doubt is part of mafia. If we started every sentence with maybe, it would get annoying after a while. I've certainly considered the possibility of you being town; I spent plenty of time looking into LQ and Eddie and others. Even unvoted for a while. If you want us to unvote you, give us something compelling, show us a better way forward. If you're town, it usually shows eventually.
Changing reads every 5 minutes is not a solution to the problem, unless you are Scum.
I was anything worse than you! Anything worse than you was I!

You was doided teh aposit_tisopa het dedoid saw em.
Postie
Postie
Any/all
Jack of All Trades
Postie
Any/all
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades
Pronoun: Any/all

Post Post #1101 (ISO) » Thu Feb 01, 2018 5:28 pm

Post by Postie »

Hello yes I am working on the Eddie pbp now. RC also said he was going to help me out so hopefully I'll have some thoughts from him tonight as well.

I actually somewhat share Srceenplay's frustration at him seemingly being already noosed while not having had the chance to interact with people properly because I feel like there's thought progression starting to bleed through that could be readable but people are too tired to reconsider. I realise we're getting close to deadline though so that's understandable.
Discourse is fleeting, but junk mail is forever.
Ranmaru
Ranmaru
Jack of All Trades
Ranmaru
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #1102 (ISO) » Thu Feb 01, 2018 5:31 pm

Post by Ranmaru »

Hey Postie I'm glad to see you again. :)
Srceenplay
Srceenplay
Jack of All Trades
Srceenplay
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #1103 (ISO) » Thu Feb 01, 2018 5:37 pm

Post by Srceenplay »

"A man can not be too careful on the choices of his enemies." Oscar Wilde
Postie
Postie
Any/all
Jack of All Trades
Postie
Any/all
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #1104 (ISO) » Thu Feb 01, 2018 5:41 pm

Post by Postie »

In post 1102, Ranmaru wrote:Hey Postie I'm glad to see you again. :)
Hi! You too. =]
Gamma Emerald
Gamma Emerald
Any
Survivor
Gamma Emerald
Any
Survivor
Survivor
Pronoun: Any

Post Post #1105 (ISO) » Thu Feb 01, 2018 6:56 pm

Post by Gamma Emerald »

In post 1074, Srceenplay wrote:You guys are really frustrating.
HOw are we really frustrating
btw I've had a few shots tonight
<Embrace The Void>

“A flipped coin doesn't always land heads or tails. Sometimes it may never land at all...”
Gamma Emerald
Gamma Emerald
Any
Survivor
Gamma Emerald
Any
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #1106 (ISO) » Thu Feb 01, 2018 6:59 pm

Post by Gamma Emerald »

In post 1082, Srceenplay wrote:
In post 1078, Thestatusquo wrote:
In post 1074, Srceenplay wrote:You guys are really frustrating.
I'm sorry I know him in real life and called him by his first name by mistake? This seems like a weird thing to get mad at me for...
?
It’s not about that. It’s about being unreasonable with my replace in.
You guys are tunneled and it’s frustrating.
mhm, alright
I think it's fairly rational to not want to drop all charges upon switch, I did that once as scum as a newb
<Embrace The Void>

“A flipped coin doesn't always land heads or tails. Sometimes it may never land at all...”
Gamma Emerald
Gamma Emerald
Any
Survivor
Gamma Emerald
Any
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #1107 (ISO) » Thu Feb 01, 2018 7:03 pm

Post by Gamma Emerald »

In post 1084, Srceenplay wrote:
In post 1080, Llamarble wrote:I think Davsto is an acceptable (maybe superior?) alternative to CES tomorrow in the event of a Tchill red flip.

I didn't like this post at all:
In post 1057, Srceenplay wrote:
In post 568, Tchill13 wrote:VOTE: wgeurts

yeah i should have took my vote off postie apologies for that.
In post 587, Dunnstral wrote:
In post 568, Tchill13 wrote:VOTE: wgeurts

yeah i should have took my vote off postie apologies for that.
Uh this vote is pretty bad, I don't know why you're voting a slot that hasn't posted right now?

You seem off this game now, you seem timid compared to other games
I looked a little harder.

This is the only Tchill13 post within those 200 posts.
The other is your response to it.

So this one post was enough for you to change completely how you feel on Tchill13.
And then later you do what you just complained to him for doing. Voting inactive slot. Not only that you push his activity as AI then admit you can’t prove it.
In post 799, Dunnstral wrote:
In post 795, Postie wrote:
@Dunn
- Link me some games that show Tchill has a meta of lurking as scum?
Hm, I actually can't find any

There's still the matter of his actual posting looking different to where he is town, though

I'm kind of eyeing Cogito Ergo Sum and wondering if they're white knighting/defending scum and wondering if it's better to just go for them instead
After not being able to back those claims up you move on to a different claim that can’t be backed up.
Llamalarmbells!
Wtf is wrong with me asking questions about their progression into this slot?
A fair reaction, not exactly towny but I don't think it's scummy
<Embrace The Void>

Gamma Emerald
Gamma Emerald
Any
Survivor
Gamma Emerald
Any
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #1108 (ISO) » Thu Feb 01, 2018 7:08 pm

Post by Gamma Emerald »

In post 1087, Llamarble wrote:Asking questions in general is fine; it's the way you did these ones. Not so much trying to help others see the light as preying on apparent inconsistencies.
To be fair it would be worse if he were the other wagon or something.

Of course I have doubts. There are 3 scum in a 15 player game. I am good at mafia, but cautiously optimistic is about the best I can be unless the dayplay goes AWESOME from town.
I guess this makes sense too, it wasn't reaally sort as much s a straight push
<Embrace The Void>

Gamma Emerald
Gamma Emerald
Any
Survivor
Gamma Emerald
Any
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #1109 (ISO) » Thu Feb 01, 2018 7:10 pm

Post by Gamma Emerald »

In post 1099, LicketyQuickety wrote:
In post 1091, Srceenplay wrote:
In post 1087, Llamarble wrote:Asking questions in general is fine; it's the way you did these ones. Not so much trying to help others see the light as preying on apparent inconsistencies.
To be fair it would be worse if he were the other wagon or something.

Of course I have doubts. There are 3 scum in a 15 player game. I am good at mafia, but cautiously optimistic is about the best I can be unless the dayplay goes AWESOME from town.
If you have doubts why are you ignoring the possibility of me being town.

I even heard unsalvageable. Don’t remember who said it but statements like that don’t imply doubt.
So about shea saying he had no doubt I would vote him...
word twisting + oppotunism of word choice
<Embrace The Void>

Gamma Emerald
Gamma Emerald
Any
Survivor
Gamma Emerald
Any
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #1110 (ISO) » Thu Feb 01, 2018 7:12 pm

Post by Gamma Emerald »

In post 1102, Ranmaru wrote:Hey Postie I'm glad to see you again. :)
This post made me remember my first game with Ran and Postie was Family Mafia, lmao
<Embrace The Void>

Postie
Postie
Any/all
Jack of All Trades
Postie
Any/all
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #1111 (ISO) » Thu Feb 01, 2018 7:46 pm

Post by Postie »

@Davsto
- RC wants to know why you said Eddie looked bad and then didn't follow up on it.
Davsto
Davsto
He/Him
Farce of Habit
Davsto
He/Him
Farce of Habit
Farce of Habit
Pronoun: He/Him

Post Post #1112 (ISO) » Thu Feb 01, 2018 8:40 pm

Post by Davsto »

I guess none of his other posts I've come across in my catchup have really rubbed me the wrong way. It's one of those times where none of his posts individually read badly, but looking holistically at his ISO gives a small scumlean for the reasons you mentioned.
Postie
Postie
Any/all
Jack of All Trades
Postie
Any/all
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #1113 (ISO) » Thu Feb 01, 2018 8:52 pm

Post by Postie »

RC wants to know why you don't think that sounds exactly like scum: careful not to risk making a big mistake while being underwhelming on the whole.
Postie
Postie
Any/all
Jack of All Trades
Postie
Any/all
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #1114 (ISO) » Thu Feb 01, 2018 8:57 pm

Post by Postie »

Also yes RC agrees Eddie is scum ("obvscum") btw. All the thoughts I've posted on Eddie have been my own, but he was the one to originally suggest I look at his ISO and tell others to do the same. I'd have mentioned it at the time but Dunn was giving me shit for posting too many of my teammates opinions.
Ranmaru
Ranmaru
Jack of All Trades
Ranmaru
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #1115 (ISO) » Thu Feb 01, 2018 9:01 pm

Post by Ranmaru »

Then ignore Dunn. I encourage you to post your team opinions.
Llamarble
Llamarble
Mafia Scum
Llamarble
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1116 (ISO) » Thu Feb 01, 2018 9:03 pm

Post by Llamarble »

I agree that Eddie is obvscum, I just suspect he has a town role PM.
Llamarble
Llamarble
Mafia Scum
Llamarble
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1117 (ISO) » Thu Feb 01, 2018 9:04 pm

Post by Llamarble »

I'm not averse to being convinced though, so show us what you've got!
Ranmaru
Ranmaru
Jack of All Trades
Ranmaru
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #1118 (ISO) » Thu Feb 01, 2018 9:10 pm

Post by Ranmaru »

Llamarble what's your read on Marquis right now?
Davsto
Davsto
He/Him
Farce of Habit
Davsto
He/Him
Farce of Habit
Farce of Habit
Pronoun: He/Him

Post Post #1119 (ISO) » Thu Feb 01, 2018 9:12 pm

Post by Davsto »

In post 1113, Postie wrote:RC wants to know why you don't think that sounds exactly like scum: careful not to risk making a big mistake while being underwhelming on the whole.
Because in the past as town I've definitely played like that when I'm not fully into the game yet - struggling to make substantial reads but still trying to help. Based on that, I'm not willing enough to put it any further than scumlean - would rather focus on my stronger scumreads.
Llamarble
Llamarble
Mafia Scum
Llamarble
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1120 (ISO) » Thu Feb 01, 2018 9:14 pm

Post by Llamarble »

Null by not having looked in a while, but he sure is lurky.
Postie
Postie
Any/all
Jack of All Trades
Postie
Any/all
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #1121 (ISO) » Thu Feb 01, 2018 9:16 pm

Post by Postie »

In post 1117, Llamarble wrote:I'm not averse to being convinced though, so show us what you've got!
Coming up in no more than a couple of hours! I'm a slow writer and there's a lot of detail to unpack in this. =[
In post 1007, Llamarble wrote:Eddie being so tuned into all the reads on him is just funny, like I didn't know it was possible to play exclusively to scum wincon so hard and not be obvscum.
In post 1116, Llamarble wrote:I agree that Eddie is obvscum, I just suspect he has a town role PM.
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Duck_test
Llamarble
Llamarble
Mafia Scum
Llamarble
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1122 (ISO) » Thu Feb 01, 2018 9:20 pm

Post by Llamarble »

Lol.
Now I'm going to have to read him all over again ; ;
I do have to admit I've made more of a scumcase against him than I have against anybody else, even though I haven't really managed to believe in it.
Llamarble
Llamarble
Mafia Scum
Llamarble
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1123 (ISO) » Thu Feb 01, 2018 9:28 pm

Post by Llamarble »

Yeah, pretty sure I've cased harder against Eddie than I have against anyone. I'll just pile this all here for companion reading to whatever Postie makes, and we can decide if it's enough to be worth
mislynching Eddie instead of lynching scum screen
pursuing
In post 537, Llamarble wrote:Eddie's play feels like he doesn't know what town is supposed to do and he's trying to mimic that.
Which I guess is what scum does, so voting him is allowed.
We haven't seen any thoughts about the game, just some seemingly random townreads that aren't explained.
"Let's make a 6 person townblock even though I don't have any idea what's going on!"
The closest thing to scumhunting is where he says LQ and Tchill and I are all scum together (which makes negative sense), but he isn't even voting any of us, he's voting Gamma for some reason. Who's left in your townblock now that LQ and I are scumpicks?

All he asks about is finding out what other people's reads are, in theory so he can organize a town block.
Normally, people who care about what direction the day is going, who try and plan to get the votes figured out without having something in mind they want to do with those votes they are recruiting, those are the things scum care about discovering. Put differently, town want to find scum. Scum want to figure out what town are going to do so they can steer it not to hurt them.
So yeah, headpiking Eddie would be just fine. After LQ and TChill though I think.

CES lamenting the non-continuity is harmless but we are going to need more from him. As things stand, I would still have him in lylo-autolynch territory for being a difficult to read good player.
In post 558, Llamarble wrote:I hadn't looked at LQ recently, so I put them in the null zone in that list a while ago.
In post 555, EddieFenix wrote: You're null/town in my book and I hit the "f- it" button Friday. I need new players to come in and actually DO something instead of seeing the same names each. And every. PAGE. We're hitting wall upon wall of just UGH and I'm growing apathetic tbh. If you wanna keep the guns on, keep at it. Gonna be over here playing paddle ball.
10 players in this game have 25 or more posts. AD has 18 but I'd say his participation is just fine.
There is plenty to look at. You just aren't, so far as we can tell. Scum feeling defeated much?
In post 365, EddieFenix wrote:It does. However, Tchill is still on Postie and that player (Tchill) REEKS of scum imo.
What happened to this, by the way?
???
In post 641, Llamarble wrote:
In post 637, EddieFenix wrote:Get your act together. Get your reads in a lined up, orderly fashion, and we can chat. This day to day, whip lash, flip-a-zoo, shifting sands reads game isn't gonna keep flying with me when I have to keep figuring out who all you have as town and scum. If tomorrow is different AGAIN, I might need a table flip gif. Cause right now, this is where I am
I'm giving a complete readslist on a regular basis; my reads ARE in a lined up orderly fashion.
I can't help that my reads change as I read and reread the game.
This kind of post is why you're in the D1 lynchpool though.
Keeping careful track of everyones' reads is what scum do because they need to figure out what mislynch to pursue.
Why is "figuring out who all you have as town and scum" so important to you?
There's so much information in this game you can use to figure out who got which role PMs; by focusing on the information scum wants and not paying much attention to the things towns normally care about (you know, identifying and lynching scum), you are practically BEGGING us to lynch you.
Reads.
Reasons.
In post 723, Llamarble wrote:I still don't know what to make of Eddie saying Tchill "REEKS" of scum but showing no interest in pursuing that avenue.
I bet he'll randomly show up and hammer and cement himself as the D2 lynch or something.
In post 788, Llamarble wrote:Eddie is classically scummy. He was also classically scummy in the last game I played with him, where Chesskid vigged him and he flipped scum. He was also my buddy, actually, after my alignment changed after D1 (bonus: you can see how much more awesome I am before I become scum - half of my ISO is from the 2 days between when I replace in and when my alignment changes). AD was in that game, along with Chesskid. They think he's different here; I'm not sure I see it. It was TBD mafia by the way.
In post 1007, Llamarble wrote: That is the reason that assuming you are town I think your wagon is town.
Without assuming you are town, it looks like a wagon of lots of town voting for scum, which has also been known to happen.

Eddie being so tuned into all the reads on him is just funny, like I didn't know it was possible to play exclusively to scum wincon so hard and not be obvscum.

Am I LQ's top scumread now? Because that is pretty funny too. I've been mercurial, sure, but I also think me OBSESSIVELY rechecking my reads, literally waking up at night paranoid about someone who has zero chance of getting lynched today, trying to subdue any threat to a town win, even several game days out, makes me obvtown on a special level.
Ranmaru
Ranmaru
Jack of All Trades
Ranmaru
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #1124 (ISO) » Thu Feb 01, 2018 9:31 pm

Post by Ranmaru »

If there is anything you'd like to talk to me about, Llama, let me know. Eddie feels like he is being null on purpose. While Marquis feels like he's being null by not getting into the game yet.

Return to “Team Mafia 2018”