JaydragonKing
JaydragonKing
Mafia Scum
JaydragonKing
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #325 (ISO) » Thu Feb 01, 2018 4:40 pm

Post by JaydragonKing »

In post 323, JaydragonKing wrote:Yeah, Dunker is probably the Ballsy cult member.
Pardon me, I meant a Cult Leader. Sorry sir, I must address you by your full title.
Porkens
Porkens
Survivor
Porkens
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #326 (ISO) » Thu Feb 01, 2018 4:46 pm

Post by Porkens »

DO we know if the cult leaders started alone?
JaydragonKing
JaydragonKing
Mafia Scum
JaydragonKing
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #327 (ISO) » Thu Feb 01, 2018 4:48 pm

Post by JaydragonKing »

Yeah, in post 0. Two Cult Leaders while everyone elsa is still currently neutral.
Almost50
Almost50
Monkey Business
Almost50
Monkey Business
Monkey Business

Post Post #328 (ISO) » Thu Feb 01, 2018 5:33 pm

Post by Almost50 »

In post 320, Dunkerdoodles wrote:also i think boon is a cult leader if that means anything

pedit: why?
To me it probably means he's conf!Town. :P

Oh, boy! I'm going to love being SR'd for the rest of this game. :lol:

Modded 2 Opens & 2 Large Themed games successfully.
Venmar
Venmar
He/Him
Jack of All Trades
Venmar
He/Him
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades
Pronoun: He/Him

Post Post #329 (ISO) » Thu Feb 01, 2018 6:39 pm

Post by Venmar »

In post 304, Varsoon wrote:
"Let's waste our immunize!"

Fuck you, die.
And you think
I'm
negative?
I swear I'm trying my best

--Expect me to be V/LA from 10am-7pm PST every Mon, Wed, Thurs, Sat, Sun due to work--
Chickadee
Chickadee
Slightly Sketchy
Chickadee
Slightly Sketchy
Slightly Sketchy
Happy Scumday!

Post Post #330 (ISO) » Thu Feb 01, 2018 6:53 pm

Post by Chickadee »

In post 220, Varsoon wrote:Going down the playerlist of people I'm familiar with:

Porkens - Would not recruit this guy, I dunno why I keep ending up in games with him, maybe I'll learn to love instead of hate, I dunno.
Almost50 - A50's a cool boy.
Varsoon - That's me!
Vecna - Such a negative nancy, would not recruit.
northsidegal - Only sorta, and from a hydra game I did ass in, but they're alright.
Creature - I'd recruit Creature. Heck, I'd recruit him twice, make it a Creature Double Feature.
Venmar - I'm familiar with Venmar but I could tell you literally nothing about them. Uh. Uhm. They have an anime character as their avatar?
Cerberus v666 - I'd recruit the shit out of Cerb, because I love that dude, and I know he'd love playing cult. That's why I gotta immune his ass.
NicoRobin - We were in a game before, but I dunno if I'd recruit.
SnarkySnowman - Would never recruit this guy.
Gamma Emerald - Fringe, would recruit
timewarp - Would recruit, though I forget anything about this slot besides the name.
Dunkerdoodles - Same as timewarp, honestly.
Boonskiies - I've been on a team with Boonskiies before, right? Well, I know I've been in games with 'em before, never went well for me. Wouldn't touch it!
You made my list, but I didn't make yours :(
FYI, we were in the most recent MS paint game together, but I was in hydra. I was the only one posting from my hydra though as my partner lost motivation early on.
In post 231, Inferno390 wrote:I feel like recruiting players you like is probably not what a cult leader would do. Wouldn't the best move strategically to be recruiting experienced players?
Like, for example, you definitely shouldn't recruit me, because I obviously have no idea what I'm doing. But Venmar makes sense as a recruit, because he's an older player on the site and so would probably have an easier time sorting PRs.
And also, what does all of this speculation do for us at all? It doesn't help us to say who we would want to recruit, because no ever actually sees who has been recruited. It's pretty much NAI.
But what if you're not familiar with the experience players? Personally, I'd recruit the people I'm familiar with first, and know that I work well with. Just because someone is experienced, does not mean they're good.
In post 240, Creature wrote:Is claiming neutral survivor the most optimal strategy for anyone (including neutral survivors themselves)?
It means fuck all at this point....and really any point in the game. Right now, we explicitly know it to be true for all but 2 people in the game.
In post 263, northsidegal wrote:why is "pause" even a phase? i assume something must interact with that specifically, because otherwise it seems like everything would just be dealt with instantly, no?
Someone already answered this I believe, but it's essentially when all our actions take place. We activate them now, and then they resolve all at once.
In post 275, Almost50 wrote:
In post 193, CheekyTeeky wrote:To clarify - I thought I noticed someone else mention a wincon on the first couple of pages. I am lacking any kind of wincon.
Alright, I've had t! If a vig exists shoot both this and creature sometime in the future.

Giving away that you have no wincon = signaling the cult leaders to target you as a recruitable target. I tried to save you from yourself the first time, but you seem eager to be recruited.
Why is this the first time you're calling this out? I specifically asked Gamma about it, and mentioned I didn't;t have a wincon. Creature came in and said he didn't have one, at which point I again mentioned in more concrete terms I didn't have one. I'm under the impression that only the cult leaders may have wincons in their role pm.
In post 282, Vecna wrote:2 cults.

Both cannot recruit the same target.

1: Both will be afraid to try and recruit the same target.

2: Cults have some motivation to see who the immunity target will become, and stall their recruitment vote to maybe try and recruit the immunity person (the better long-term plan)

3: Cults have some motivation to be fast in deciding whom to recruit, in case the other cult were to decide on the same person (probably the best outcome for a cult is to be faster on recruiting the same person as the other cult)

4: SURVIVORS have a lot of motivation to actually get immunity on people. Having the cult steal the person that got voted immunity is a terrible outcome.

It will probably be imperative to create a strategy that abuses facts 1-3 to obtain #4

I propose the following:

We run up two individuals to have an equal ammount of votes. One designated person (ME) hammers between the two of them after a random ammount of time has passed.

I CAN ALSO CHOOSE TO NOT HAMMER ONCE THE VOTE IS TIED AT L1, BUT INSTEAD CALL FOR A DIFFERENT WAGON.

A good mix between having some randomness in who gets protection, and forcing the cults to outguess eachother and be in time to recruit, which gives us somewhat ok odds to either have a double recruit on the same person, or the cults to guess wrong, or for us to change the target entirely and actually get immunity pushed though.

CULTS will not know whether I hammer, or call for new wagons.

Fuck the police. Fuck the cults. Create chaos, and let order be born from it.
I really don't like that you've put yourself in charge here. It would be a better plan if you designated someone else, because at current, you could be a cult leader. But you essentially know nothing about anyone else. But no, y ou hoard the power for yourself. We have no reason to trust you. You don't seem to be interested in working together. You just want to hold the reigns.
In post 307, Porkens wrote:Normies are the bad guys. They vote to deny unity. Cults are civilization. Mommies try to guess who's been targeted for recruitment.

Recruit me.
What the what? I feel like usually I can make sense of your posts but this...has me confused.
In post 317, Dunkerdoodles wrote:oh btw im unrecruitable so don't bother trying
Jeezy peetes Dunker....that's like the worst thing to come in and say. You should have tried to draw the recruitment.
Instagram: BoneSpellArts

"Yo I'm so good at anime girls" - pj
Gamma Emerald
Gamma Emerald
Any
Survivor
Gamma Emerald
Any
Survivor
Survivor
Pronoun: Any

Post Post #331 (ISO) » Thu Feb 01, 2018 7:14 pm

Post by Gamma Emerald »

In post 307, Porkens wrote:Normies are the bad guys. They vote to deny unity. Cults are civilization. Mommies try to guess who's been targeted for recruitment.

Recruit me.
lol another person using normies as a term for bad people
possibility of an alisae alt?
btw I migt be tipsy
<Embrace The Void>

“A flipped coin doesn't always land heads or tails. Sometimes it may never land at all...”
Chickadee
Chickadee
Slightly Sketchy
Chickadee
Slightly Sketchy
Slightly Sketchy
Happy Scumday!

Post Post #332 (ISO) » Thu Feb 01, 2018 7:15 pm

Post by Chickadee »

In post 331, Gamma Emerald wrote:

Recruit me.
lol another person using normies as a term for bad people
possibility of an alisae alt?
btw I migt be tipsy
Porkens is definitely not an Alisae alt lmao
Instagram: BoneSpellArts

"Yo I'm so good at anime girls" - pj
Gamma Emerald
Gamma Emerald
Any
Survivor
Gamma Emerald
Any
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #333 (ISO) » Thu Feb 01, 2018 7:17 pm

Post by Gamma Emerald »

was joke
<Embrace The Void>

“A flipped coin doesn't always land heads or tails. Sometimes it may never land at all...”
Gamma Emerald
Gamma Emerald
Any
Survivor
Gamma Emerald
Any
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #334 (ISO) » Thu Feb 01, 2018 7:18 pm

Post by Gamma Emerald »

In post 311, JaydragonKing wrote:I'd say join the Allies, but your already a member of them. You win this round Russ- I mean Soviet Union.
someone get GBT pls
<Embrace The Void>

Gamma Emerald
Gamma Emerald
Any
Survivor
Gamma Emerald
Any
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #335 (ISO) » Thu Feb 01, 2018 7:20 pm

Post by Gamma Emerald »

lol just noticed I was a fringe recruit for Varssoon since I didn't bother reading part of the game, nice to know he thinks f me that way
<Embrace The Void>

Varsoon
Varsoon
Scatman
Varsoon
Scatman
Scatman

Post Post #336 (ISO) » Thu Feb 01, 2018 7:25 pm

Post by Varsoon »

In post 329, Venmar wrote:
In post 304, Varsoon wrote:
"Let's waste our immunize!"

Fuck you, die.
And you think
I'm
negative?
Ay, takes one to know one.
Boonskiies
Boonskiies
That's Not All, Folks!
Boonskiies
That's Not All, Folks!
That's Not All, Folks!

Post Post #337 (ISO) » Thu Feb 01, 2018 7:31 pm

Post by Boonskiies »

I think we used to play a lot together Varsoon. Our styles meshed well together and we had a lot of Town/Town games.
"Let it be known that almost everything Boonskiies said is either hilarious or annoying." - Shinobi

Yes, I'm
Flavor Leaf
. That's my main; I just mod on
Boonskiies
Boonskiies
Boonskiies
That's Not All, Folks!
Boonskiies
That's Not All, Folks!
That's Not All, Folks!

Post Post #338 (ISO) » Thu Feb 01, 2018 7:34 pm

Post by Boonskiies »

Yep. Just checked my old GTKAS, and on my top 10 players, I have Varsoon.

Reasoning was “he’s everything I ask for in a player <3”.

So that means we played a good amount and got along well.

I remember coming back to the site after a big hiatus and saw all the crazy cool games you created and thought it was cool.
"Let it be known that almost everything Boonskiies said is either hilarious or annoying." - Shinobi

Yes, I'm
Flavor Leaf
Boonskiies
Varsoon
Varsoon
Scatman
Varsoon
Scatman
Scatman

Post Post #339 (ISO) » Thu Feb 01, 2018 7:49 pm

Post by Varsoon »

<3
I know we were in that one Looney Toons game maybe?
I have bad memory when it comes to mafia. Foggy.
But yeah we jammed before, I just wouldn't cult you. :P
Porkens
Porkens
Survivor
Porkens
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #340 (ISO) » Thu Feb 01, 2018 8:05 pm

Post by Porkens »

The straights are bad.

We need to scare them off and time warp to heaven.

Anyone who promotes anti-cult sentiment should be...shhhhhhhhhuuuuuunnnnnnnd

Anyone who tries to exclude others from the cults should be....shuuuuuuuunnnnnnneeeedddd

Anyone who wants to be excluded should be.......shuuuuunnnnnnnnned

Recruit me and we will help build...the perfect man!
Boonskiies
Boonskiies
That's Not All, Folks!
Boonskiies
That's Not All, Folks!
That's Not All, Folks!

Post Post #341 (ISO) » Thu Feb 01, 2018 8:23 pm

Post by Boonskiies »

In post 339, Varsoon wrote:<3
I know we were in that one Looney Toons game maybe?
I have bad memory when it comes to mafia. Foggy.
But yeah we jammed before, I just wouldn't cult you. :P
I think I modded that game.

Whoever recruits me will win, though.

I ain’t afraid of killing roles either.

Yes, I'm
Flavor Leaf
Boonskiies
Ms Columbo
Ms Columbo
Goon
Ms Columbo
Goon
Goon

Post Post #342 (ISO) » Thu Feb 01, 2018 8:44 pm

Post by Ms Columbo »

Hi, all! It's been a while since I played a game.

I have played games with Almost50, Lifthrasil, Gamma Emerald and Creature.
Ms Columbo
Ms Columbo
Goon
Ms Columbo
Goon
Goon

Post Post #343 (ISO) » Thu Feb 01, 2018 8:56 pm

Post by Ms Columbo »

In post 287, northsidegal wrote:wouldn't a single wagon give us better odds on either getting a potential double recruit or scaring the cults away from recruiting that player in the first place? like, if there's one wagon then a cult will only choose to recruit there if they think that the other cult hasn't already done so, but if there's two then from the perspective of one cult there's always the chance that the other cult recruited the other wagon, making recruiting on-wagon a safer decision.

It seems to me like a better strategy for getting immunizations on non-recruited players is to build a wagon on one person to l-1 and then somehow (either one person or we as a group) come to a decision that we either hammer that person or we switch to someone else on a flashwagon.
I agree with this. I woke up with a cold this morning so my head is fogged, but I think it would be riskier for a CL to try to recruit from a single wagon. Anyone have the background to verify this?

Having two cult leaders seems to be the key that prevents a CL from always recruiting the likely 'immunized' player before the hammer.
Ms Columbo
Ms Columbo
Goon
Ms Columbo
Goon
Goon

Post Post #344 (ISO) » Thu Feb 01, 2018 9:10 pm

Post by Ms Columbo »

I'm in favor of voting for someone who is considered a strong player. The CL's are forced to decide if it's worth the gamble this early in the game to attempt to recruit said player.
Ms Columbo
Ms Columbo
Goon
Ms Columbo
Goon
Goon

Post Post #345 (ISO) » Thu Feb 01, 2018 9:18 pm

Post by Ms Columbo »

There's a light....over at the Frankenstein place.
There's a light, light in the darkness of everybody's life.

(That song has been going through my head since I started reading the thread)
Vecna
Vecna
Survivor
Vecna
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #346 (ISO) » Thu Feb 01, 2018 9:33 pm

Post by Vecna »

In post 227, Varsoon wrote:I'm so bad I got Vecna and Venmar mixed up.
And here I was being sad to be called a negative nancy......

Calling beavis an Anime character might be even worse though
Vecna
Vecna
Survivor
Vecna
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #347 (ISO) » Thu Feb 01, 2018 9:40 pm

Post by Vecna »

In post 193, CheekyTeeky wrote:To clarify - I thought I noticed someone else mention a wincon on the first couple of pages. I am lacking any kind of wincon.
Alright, I've had t! If a vig exists shoot both this and creature sometime in the future.

Giving away that you have no wincon = signaling the cult leaders to target you as a recruitable target. I tried to save you from yourself the first time, but you seem eager to be recruited.
I too have a cult master read on creature
Vecna
Vecna
Survivor
Vecna
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #348 (ISO) » Thu Feb 01, 2018 9:44 pm

Post by Vecna »

In post 286, CheekyTeeky wrote:
In post 284, Vecna wrote:You guys can leave your inter-personal drama at the door and marvel at my plan in pink
Your pink plan neglects that there are 18 other people to recruit from. I don't see why CL's would risk a fail on our two wagons with so many fish in the sea.
But that is exactly the only outcome we can achieve that is beneficial for us today, no?

Either we give immunity to someone, and they have it for the rest of the game - or the cult steals him and we achieved NOTHING d1.

This game is gonna come down to a numbers game late-game. Early game fuckups on immunization will most likely fuck up any chance for the survivors to win.

Cba running the numbers but....im pretty sure anyone can see that actually getting immunity to land without that person being recruited is our main goal for today.

Shenanigans to ensure that are worthwhile.
Gamma Emerald
Gamma Emerald
Any
Survivor
Gamma Emerald
Any
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #349 (ISO) » Thu Feb 01, 2018 9:47 pm

Post by Gamma Emerald »

In post 347, Vecna wrote:

I too have a cult master read on creature
why
<Embrace The Void>

Return to “Completed Large Theme Games”