Not Known 15
Not Known 15
Mafia Scum
Not Known 15
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #176 (ISO) » Sat Feb 03, 2018 9:32 am

Post by Not Known 15 »

In post 151, Jodaxq wrote:@Not Known, please explain to me why you think HWS has been anti-town. And don't say it's because he didn't have reads on page 3.
I was more speaking of the possible player mindset behind this calmness. An anti-town mindset(doesnt really care about winning the game and partipiciating) would be a possible explanation(which would also apply to town playing anti-town), or a scum perspective. That doesn't mean that HWS has to be playing anti-town.... they could simply be scum caught faking towniness.
profii
profii
Jack of All Trades
profii
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #177 (ISO) » Sat Feb 03, 2018 10:10 am

Post by profii »

So of all those possibilities, in your opinion which one most applies
Tchill13
Tchill13
Survivor
Tchill13
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #178 (ISO) » Sat Feb 03, 2018 10:44 am

Post by Tchill13 »

In post 129, HeWhoSwims wrote:
In post 88, profii wrote:VOTE: TChill13
Hm, why this vote out of all the people on the wagon? (Also rereading I found out I wasn't at L-1 when profi said so, I was at L-2). I've seen townie Tchill put town to actual L-1 earlier.

I'm not sure if scum!havo would quickhammer a town wagon just because of the attention it will bring. I'd see a townie do it sooner if that makes sense.

Surely as Profii says in if you're gonna mislynch on D1 it'd be better to lynch VT than a power role, but that is IF we mislynch. We have 2 weeks ahead of us and although we don't have to use all of that time... getting the game to flow might just increase the likelihood of catching scum D1 although it's a long shot. Also Eth0s' post was indeed a bit opportunistic (perhaps not the right word??) although I'm not too worried about it for now, it was page 1 and early RVS ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

Also yeah no I wouldn't play against my wincon/not participate with any alignment. I still don't see how the f I was supposed to have reads in my last post if there's next to nothing to talk about except a wagon on myself and some RVS votes.
was a fake interpretation of the posts of Havo
Is it fake because you're scumreading me?

All I have for now. Chumba, Profii leaning town.
Whats that first paragraph say?
Tchill13
Tchill13
Survivor
Tchill13
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #179 (ISO) » Sat Feb 03, 2018 10:49 am

Post by Tchill13 »

And also. Yeah I really don't care if nk15 or chickadee was to get lynched this early. You know I don't care if someone is lynched this early. Yes I'd like to apply pressure but if it leads to a lynch so be it.
Nero Cain
Nero Cain
Survivor
Nero Cain
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #180 (ISO) » Sat Feb 03, 2018 10:52 am

Post by Nero Cain »

In post 77, osuka wrote:
In post 63, sheepsaysmeep wrote:
In post 62, osuka wrote:hammering anyone at l-1 indiscriminately is probably the stupidest way to play the game I have ever heard of
youre very inexperienced then
not really, that's just a really bad way to play the game

i'm new to ms but i have a couple years' worth of mafia on my back
I just wanted to talk about this for a minute. Having an "I hammer at L-1 regardless!" playstyle/gimmick is incredibly anti-town I think. And as scum it allows for mislynches without the responsibility. I mean, players
COULD
hold him responsible but I think most will go "he does it as both alignments, its null." Lynching him would basically be a policy lynch and most all players seem against a policy lynch.
Of all tyrannies,a tyranny sincerely exercised for the good of its victims may be the most oppressive. It would be better to live under robber barons than under omnipotent moral busybodies. The robber baron's cruelty may sometimes sleep but those who torment us for our own good will torment us without end they do so with the approval of their own conscience.

edited c.s. lewis quote b/c limit
Tchill13
Tchill13
Survivor
Tchill13
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #181 (ISO) » Sat Feb 03, 2018 10:54 am

Post by Tchill13 »

I think HWS is town. I think discussing play style is a waste of time.
profii
profii
Jack of All Trades
profii
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #182 (ISO) » Sat Feb 03, 2018 11:02 am

Post by profii »

In post 178, Tchill13 wrote:
In post 129, HeWhoSwims wrote:
In post 88, profii wrote:VOTE: TChill13
Hm, why this vote out of all the people on the wagon? (Also rereading I found out I wasn't at L-1 when profi said so, I was at L-2). I've seen townie Tchill put town to actual L-1 earlier.

I'm not sure if scum!havo would quickhammer a town wagon just because of the attention it will bring. I'd see a townie do it sooner if that makes sense.

Surely as Profii says in if you're gonna mislynch on D1 it'd be better to lynch VT than a power role, but that is IF we mislynch. We have 2 weeks ahead of us and although we don't have to use all of that time... getting the game to flow might just increase the likelihood of catching scum D1 although it's a long shot. Also Eth0s' post was indeed a bit opportunistic (perhaps not the right word??) although I'm not too worried about it for now, it was page 1 and early RVS ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

Also yeah no I wouldn't play against my wincon/not participate with any alignment. I still don't see how the f I was supposed to have reads in my last post if there's next to nothing to talk about except a wagon on myself and some RVS votes.
was a fake interpretation of the posts of Havo
Is it fake because you're scumreading me?

All I have for now. Chumba, Profii leaning town.
Whats that first paragraph say?
it says “Profii is a retard and cannot do simple tasks such as count”

UNVOTE: Tchill
insanity018
insanity018
Mafia Scum
insanity018
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #183 (ISO) » Sat Feb 03, 2018 11:09 am

Post by insanity018 »

Votecount 1.4

Not Known 15
(4): Chumba, osuka, eth0s, Tchill13
HeWhoSwims
(3): sheepsaysmeep, Nero Cain, Not Known 15
sheepsaysmeep
(1): Jodaxq
eth0s
(1): Havo
Tchill13
(1): schadd_
Havo
(1): HeWhoSwims

Not Voting
(2): Chickadee, profii

With 13 alive, it takes 7 to lynch.

Deadline
: (expired on 2018-02-15 17:30:00)

Nero Cain is still yet to confirm. If he could do that, that would be great. :shifty:
HeWhoSwims
HeWhoSwims
Mafia Scum
HeWhoSwims
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #184 (ISO) » Sat Feb 03, 2018 11:09 am

Post by HeWhoSwims »

I think it's definitely anti town but if you look at players (Havo and T) who have the same attitude towards it every game (or well - I assume they have?) I doubt it is really AI.

I think meta arguments aren't too strong normally.
Town may keep their earlier town game for obvious reasons.
Town may leave their earlier town game in case it didn't lead to good results.
Town may stay with their earlier scum game if it's their normal style.
Town may leave their earlier scum game because they play different as town.
Scum may keep to their earlier town game because it's hiding them and/or it's their playstyle.
Scum may leave their earlier town game if it made them look scummy.
Scum may keep their earlier scum game if it helped them win or do well.
Scum may ditch their earlier scum game if they got caught or were obvscum.

If that makes sense.

I feel that meta arguments are usually wobbly as either town or scum may have reason to stick to or leave previous meta. I have town meta on tchill and Havo and I wouldn't be able to solidly tell whether they're scum emulating their town play (albeit a small part of course) or town being themselves.

Obviously y'all could see this differently but I thought I'd throw these thoughts out there
Nero Cain
Nero Cain
Survivor
Nero Cain
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #185 (ISO) » Sat Feb 03, 2018 11:10 am

Post by Nero Cain »

In post 89, Tchill13 wrote:I'm just saying nk15 looks like he's trying to look really towny
Well, scum does that too. And I actually get the opposite vibe...as in scum that's worried they'll contribute to a mislynch.
In post 103, Chumba wrote:VTs don’t care if they are lynched
I CARE! #vanillalivesmatter
In post 126, Chickadee wrote:Pedit: Also I happen to know Nero has the flu, just FYI - because he cancelled our lunch plans,
not because we scum buds.
on one hand, I'm glad you said something but were you worried that we'd get called scum together?

In post 150, eth0s wrote:Could see HWS scum
k how?
Of all tyrannies,a tyranny sincerely exercised for the good of its victims may be the most oppressive. It would be better to live under robber barons than under omnipotent moral busybodies. The robber baron's cruelty may sometimes sleep but those who torment us for our own good will torment us without end they do so with the approval of their own conscience.

Nero Cain
Nero Cain
Survivor
Nero Cain
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #186 (ISO) » Sat Feb 03, 2018 11:11 am

Post by Nero Cain »

INTENT TO VOTE NK15 CLAIM NOW.

Nero Cain
Nero Cain
Survivor
Nero Cain
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #187 (ISO) » Sat Feb 03, 2018 11:12 am

Post by Nero Cain »

oh nvm, he's not at l-1

VOTE: N15

eth0s
eth0s
Mafia Scum
eth0s
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #188 (ISO) » Sat Feb 03, 2018 11:18 am

Post by eth0s »

In post 171, Tchill13 wrote:Chickadee is making it obvious she doesn't want to be pressured.
I disagree
In post 28, Chickadee wrote:
In post 18, sheepsaysmeep wrote:VOTE: hws

but youre hesitant to put out a random vote because?
I legit don’t like that you called him out for this but not me.
it's a zero in my name (for PM purposes etc)
profii
profii
Jack of All Trades
profii
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #189 (ISO) » Sat Feb 03, 2018 11:19 am

Post by profii »

In post 184, HeWhoSwims wrote:I think it's definitely anti town but if you look at players (Havo and T) who have the same attitude towards it every game (or well - I assume they have?) I doubt it is really AI.

I think meta arguments aren't too strong normally.
Town may keep their earlier town game for obvious reasons.
Town may leave their earlier town game in case it didn't lead to good results.
Town may stay with their earlier scum game if it's their normal style.
Town may leave their earlier scum game because they play different as town.
Scum may keep to their earlier town game because it's hiding them and/or it's their playstyle.
Scum may leave their earlier town game if it made them look scummy.
Scum may keep their earlier scum game if it helped them win or do well.
Scum may ditch their earlier scum game if they got caught or were obvscum.

If that makes sense.

I feel that meta arguments are usually wobbly as either town or scum may have reason to stick to or leave previous meta. I have town meta on tchill and Havo and I wouldn't be able to solidly tell whether they're scum emulating their town play (albeit a small part of course) or town being themselves.

Obviously y'all could see this differently but I thought I'd throw these thoughts out there
You appear to have spent all those words discrediting the one sentence at the end that almost constitutes a read
profii
profii
Jack of All Trades
profii
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #190 (ISO) » Sat Feb 03, 2018 11:20 am

Post by profii »

In post 186, Nero Cain wrote:
INTENT TO VOTE NK15 CLAIM NOW.
This.
eth0s
eth0s
Mafia Scum
eth0s
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #191 (ISO) » Sat Feb 03, 2018 11:20 am

Post by eth0s »

In post 162, profii wrote: I’m very keen for you to explain your town read on tchill, my scum read is based on the havo factor, plus tchil being aware of that as he participated in the last game and then tchil put a wagon at l-1 which he knows would likely cause a lynch that he could blame havo for.
I'm townreading tchill because I want to.
Also is this your first game as scum profii?
it's a zero in my name (for PM purposes etc)
profii
profii
Jack of All Trades
profii
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #192 (ISO) » Sat Feb 03, 2018 11:22 am

Post by profii »

nope :(
Tchill13
Tchill13
Survivor
Tchill13
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #193 (ISO) » Sat Feb 03, 2018 11:22 am

Post by Tchill13 »

Seriously is it better to go 1 by 1 on day 1 asking for a claim until someone says VT and we lynch them or is it better to just hammer?

I'd rather risk lynching a PR than outing one. You lose the advantage if you out it so you might as well just lynch.

I doubt scum claim VT on day one if they're ran up also.
Nero Cain
Nero Cain
Survivor
Nero Cain
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #194 (ISO) » Sat Feb 03, 2018 11:23 am

Post by Nero Cain »

In post 185, Nero Cain wrote:
In post 150, eth0s wrote:Could see HWS scum
k how?

Tchill13
Tchill13
Survivor
Tchill13
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #195 (ISO) » Sat Feb 03, 2018 11:24 am

Post by Tchill13 »

In post 193, Tchill13 wrote:Seriously is it better to go 1 by 1 on day 1 asking for a claim until someone says VT and we lynch them or is it better to just hammer?

I'd rather risk lynching a PR than outing one. You lose the advantage if you out it so you might as well just lynch.

I doubt scum claim VT on day one if they're ran up also.
This obviously only applies on day one.
HeWhoSwims
HeWhoSwims
Mafia Scum
HeWhoSwims
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #196 (ISO) » Sat Feb 03, 2018 11:29 am

Post by HeWhoSwims »

Profii I'm not quite sure what you mean by your reaction to me. I thought I was pretty clear: your talk about Tchill and L1 isn't really affecting my read. Which I find hard to formulate at this point aside from Chumba townlean and Ethos scumlean. For the rest I'll have to see. I'm not too stressed about Chick being bad under pressure.

Tchill I kinda disagree? Killed pr means the or is gone, outed pr might be protected or something if town is lucky.
profii
profii
Jack of All Trades
profii
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #197 (ISO) » Sat Feb 03, 2018 11:32 am

Post by profii »

In post 196, HeWhoSwims wrote:Profii I'm not quite sure what you mean by your reaction to me. I thought I was pretty clear: your talk about Tchill and L1 isn't really affecting my read. Which I find hard to formulate at this point aside from Chumba townlean and Ethos scumlean. For the rest I'll have to see. I'm not too stressed about Chick being bad under pressure.

Tchill I kinda disagree? Killed pr means the or is gone, outed pr might be protected or something if town is lucky.
You said you were making assumptions about t(chill?) and havo

You said meta arguments aren’t too strong

Then you said you had town meta on tchil and havo

I felt the point of the post was unclear
Tchill13
Tchill13
Survivor
Tchill13
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #198 (ISO) » Sat Feb 03, 2018 11:36 am

Post by Tchill13 »

In post 196, HeWhoSwims wrote:Profii I'm not quite sure what you mean by your reaction to me. I thought I was pretty clear: your talk about Tchill and L1 isn't really affecting my read. Which I find hard to formulate at this point aside from Chumba townlean and Ethos scumlean. For the rest I'll have to see. I'm not too stressed about Chick being bad under pressure.

The risk is worth the reward if you think about the fact that scum is gonna claim a PR more than likely day 1.
profii
profii
Jack of All Trades
profii
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #199 (ISO) » Sat Feb 03, 2018 11:38 am

Post by profii »

NK15 hasn’t posted for a while. I think I’ll give him a chance to say something before we let Havo jump in

Return to “Completed Mini Normal Games”