Mafia Scum
insanity018
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #751 (ISO) » Tue Feb 06, 2018 10:51 am

Post by insanity018 »

In post 701, sheepsaysmeep wrote:
replace me
Searching for a replacement for sheepsaysmeep.
osuka
osuka
he/him/his
Jack of All Trades
osuka
he/him/his
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades
Pronoun: he/him/his

Post Post #752 (ISO) » Tue Feb 06, 2018 11:46 am

Post by osuka »

In post 653, Tchill13 wrote:
In post 646, Chumba wrote:
In post 640, Tchill13 wrote:Grammatical error lead to your "havo manipulation" push.
I don’t believe havo’s mistake was a grammatical one because when corrected he ignored it and continued his push on the wrong wording. That’s why I felt it was manipulative. If you make a mistake you admit it and apologize then move on. He didn’t do that.
IT WASN'T CORRECTED.

"You are Bad at being a town player"

If eth0s is scum here as havo already pushed then you make the assumption eth0s knows he's town and is telling him he's bad at being town. How would he know he's town? Because eth0s is scum from Havo's eyes.

ARE is present tense. You ARE playing this game right now.

You WERE is past. You WILL is future. You ARE is right now.

Not you ARE going to. It's literally you Are bad at being.

I'm not talking about grammar anymore.
i do wanna point out that saying "you're bad at X" doesn't even imply that they think you are X

so maybe all of you should work on your text comprehension

"I would also like to reiterate my claim that Osuka is sort of obviously town" - rc about scumsuka
"don't tell anyone, but there's a reason why you're one of my favourite people to mod for" - datisi
osuka
osuka
he/him/his
Jack of All Trades
osuka
he/him/his
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #753 (ISO) » Tue Feb 06, 2018 11:48 am

Post by osuka »

In post 664, Chickadee wrote:UNVOTE:
This game has just been really hard for me to get into, and therefor gets reads.

Tchill, you're going after semantics, but your semantics are wrong. "Bad at being a town player" is a general statement about someone's play style. The use of "are" is irrelevant here. It just means current play style.
In post 668, Chickadee wrote:VOTE: Tchill
chick's most sensible posts so far

In post 671, Tchill13 wrote:
In post 668, Chickadee wrote:VOTE: Tchill
For not understanding how "are" works or?
quickly followed by tchill's apparent inability to efficiently communicate with other people over text

"I would also like to reiterate my claim that Osuka is sort of obviously town" - rc about scumsuka
"don't tell anyone, but there's a reason why you're one of my favourite people to mod for" - datisi
osuka
osuka
he/him/his
Jack of All Trades
osuka
he/him/his
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #754 (ISO) » Tue Feb 06, 2018 11:50 am

Post by osuka »

In post 626, profii wrote:but if Osuka read it perfectly, it wasn't that bad
kind of uncalled for

especially given that it really isn't me who's been having trouble reading the thread. oh well

profii
profii
Jack of All Trades
profii
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #755 (ISO) » Tue Feb 06, 2018 11:57 am

Post by profii »

It was self deprecating if anything

I said I’d read Tchill reads based on who he’d look at when I flip town. He said maybe Havo, maybe eth0s, maybe a lurker. This is kinda loose but if I flip town there are no associations between me and anyone else, eth0s and havo didn’t ask me to get involved in that barney and I wasn’t particular motivated to initially. I don’t know how me town makes them scum because their play hasnt really been directed at me. I’m missing the link I have to say :-/
Not Known 15
Not Known 15
Mafia Scum
Not Known 15
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #756 (ISO) » Tue Feb 06, 2018 12:04 pm

Post by Not Known 15 »

In post 748, Chumba wrote:Like help me understand your obsession with the very first person we wagoned and got to claim. Him claiming vt and not posting seems to go hand in hand. You have to convince people why something that is common on this site is scummy to you. I don’t think you can do that.
I still think that his relaxed reaction to a quickhammer threat was strange. It looked like scum trying to fake a townpost without having normal emotional reactions. Even a VT should be angry to be quickhammered on something that was, at that point, a RVS wagon. And because HWS is mainly lurking, there is not much more to assess... and if you have scummy actions on a lurker, they deserve to be strung up.
In this special case, lynching this lurker will definitely be a good idea also because they have claimed VT, which means they are no town power role, and with 2 VT claims already been made we cannot afford more claims this early, to protect our power roles we cannot keep putting people under claim pressure and then backing off.
osuka
osuka
he/him/his
Jack of All Trades
osuka
he/him/his
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #757 (ISO) » Tue Feb 06, 2018 12:09 pm

Post by osuka »

In post 746, Nero Cain wrote:
In post 252, Jodaxq wrote:Is this you advocating for a Havo policy lynch? I'm confused at this point of this post
no. I'm saying that any "Havo is scummy for hammering at L-1" will lead to a discussion about policy lynches.

Still about 10 pages behind but so far osuka, nk15 and sheep are my preferred lynches.
i'm still catching up (literally just read this post, haven't seen anything after it yet)

but assuming this is still the case, care to elaborate on the reasons for your lynchpool?

osuka
osuka
he/him/his
Jack of All Trades
osuka
he/him/his
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #758 (ISO) » Tue Feb 06, 2018 12:09 pm

Post by osuka »

oh wait rip that was the end of the thread. sorry i'm stupid

osuka
osuka
he/him/his
Jack of All Trades
osuka
he/him/his
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #759 (ISO) » Tue Feb 06, 2018 12:11 pm

Post by osuka »

In post 756, Not Known 15 wrote:
In post 748, Chumba wrote:Like help me understand your obsession with the very first person we wagoned and got to claim. Him claiming vt and not posting seems to go hand in hand. You have to convince people why something that is common on this site is scummy to you. I don’t think you can do that.
I still think that his relaxed reaction to a quickhammer threat was strange. It looked like scum trying to fake a townpost without having normal emotional reactions. Even a VT should be angry to be quickhammered on something that was, at that point, a RVS wagon. And because HWS is mainly lurking, there is not much more to assess... and if you have scummy actions on a lurker, they deserve to be strung up.
In this special case, lynching this lurker will definitely be a good idea also because they have claimed VT, which means they are no town power role, and with 2 VT claims already been made we cannot afford more claims this early, to protect our power roles we cannot keep putting people under claim pressure and then backing off.
please explain how being calm in that situation is AI

this is a shit reason for you to push him. if you're trying to get chumba lynched then by all means go ahead and push him but please, not for this reason. that just makes you look bad

osuka
osuka
he/him/his
Jack of All Trades
osuka
he/him/his
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #760 (ISO) » Tue Feb 06, 2018 12:12 pm

Post by osuka »

ebwop: "get hws lynched", not chumba. sorry

read his name on the quote and mindlessly typed it on the post

Chumba
Chumba
Mafia Scum
Chumba
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #761 (ISO) » Tue Feb 06, 2018 12:13 pm

Post by Chumba »

In post 759, osuka wrote:please explain how being calm in that situation is AI
FYI: Activity on weekends are usually minimal

Alt of Robbnva and Jake From State Farm among others.
Not Known 15
Not Known 15
Mafia Scum
Not Known 15
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #762 (ISO) » Tue Feb 06, 2018 12:22 pm

Post by Not Known 15 »

In post 761, Chumba wrote:
Let's assess what type of mindset a player could have that could make them calm in this situation(near the start, quicklynch threat).
The player faked the post(scum mindset)
The player isnt actually really interested in the game(this can be town or scum, but that mindset is very anti-town)
The player isn't really angry because they know that their lynch is justified(scum mindset)
Two of these possibilities lead to scum.
The third does not, but it indicates a slot you don't want to have around at LYLO
None of these possibilities indicate that a lynch would be bad.
It is significantly likely that it is the first or the third option, which means that it is indicative for scum(makes it more likely that HWS is scum).
profii
profii
Jack of All Trades
profii
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #763 (ISO) » Tue Feb 06, 2018 12:27 pm

Post by profii »

not known - what’s your eth0s read ?
Nero Cain
Nero Cain
Survivor
Nero Cain
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #764 (ISO) » Tue Feb 06, 2018 12:27 pm

Post by Nero Cain »

In post 757, osuka wrote:but assuming this is still the case, care to elaborate on the reasons for your lynchpool?
it's mainly gut. I just feel you and sheep are a little different from our town games and I'm still liking the case on NK15. I guess add profi to that list too.
Of all tyrannies,a tyranny sincerely exercised for the good of its victims may be the most oppressive. It would be better to live under robber barons than under omnipotent moral busybodies. The robber baron's cruelty may sometimes sleep but those who torment us for our own good will torment us without end they do so with the approval of their own conscience.

edited c.s. lewis quote b/c limit
eth0s
eth0s
Mafia Scum
eth0s
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #765 (ISO) » Tue Feb 06, 2018 12:29 pm

Post by eth0s »

ITT: my poor wording of something has turned into a meteor casting a shadow on the entire town
In post 633, Tchill13 wrote:Once again.

Chumbas argument for havo being scum is a grammatical technicality lol.

This is stupid.

Chumba FINALLY came around on the fact that means and havo maybe scum together. Why did that take so long?

I've broken down chumba pretty clearly imo. I don't think he did a very good job at resisting it. More kicking and screaming.

Pretty clear where the manipulation is coming from but I'm gonna need the other half of the player list to get in here and help.
Imo chumba is playing a lot like derpy would be in this game so I can excuse his tunneling to a degree since we should be expecting it anyway. Idk I'm not trying to excuse either one of them but I definitely made my contribution to this shitshow. I still need to read like 5 pages to be caught up anyway
it's a zero in my name (for PM purposes etc)
osuka
osuka
he/him/his
Jack of All Trades
osuka
he/him/his
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #766 (ISO) » Tue Feb 06, 2018 12:34 pm

Post by osuka »

In post 762, Not Known 15 wrote:
In post 761, Chumba wrote:
Let's assess what type of mindset a player could have that could make them calm in this situation(near the start, quicklynch threat).
The player faked the post(scum mindset)
The player isnt actually really interested in the game(this can be town or scum, but that mindset is very anti-town)
The player isn't really angry because they know that their lynch is justified(scum mindset)
Two of these possibilities lead to scum.
The third does not, but it indicates a slot you don't want to have around at LYLO
None of these possibilities indicate that a lynch would be bad.
It is significantly likely that it is the first or the third option, which means that it is indicative for scum(makes it more likely that HWS is scum).
okay here's one:

maybe they just know that the probability of getting lynched off of an rvs wagon isn't all that high (and, that if they're town, whoever hammered and whoever pushed for it are obvious lynch candidates for d2)

osuka
osuka
he/him/his
Jack of All Trades
osuka
he/him/his
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #767 (ISO) » Tue Feb 06, 2018 12:35 pm

Post by osuka »

In post 764, Nero Cain wrote:
In post 757, osuka wrote:but assuming this is still the case, care to elaborate on the reasons for your lynchpool?
it's mainly gut. I just feel you and sheep are a little different from our town games and I'm still liking the case on NK15. I guess add profi to that list too.
if you're talking about yoshi's large normal, i wouldn't use that particular game as meta for myself. i lurked because i didn't have enough time to play it and really probably should've replaced out

Nero Cain
Nero Cain
Survivor
Nero Cain
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #768 (ISO) » Tue Feb 06, 2018 12:38 pm

Post by Nero Cain »

I mean your still lurking a fair amount here but what I meant was that you seem way more focused and asking questions and I don't remember you really doing that.
Of all tyrannies,a tyranny sincerely exercised for the good of its victims may be the most oppressive. It would be better to live under robber barons than under omnipotent moral busybodies. The robber baron's cruelty may sometimes sleep but those who torment us for our own good will torment us without end they do so with the approval of their own conscience.

edited c.s. lewis quote b/c limit
eth0s
eth0s
Mafia Scum
eth0s
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #769 (ISO) » Tue Feb 06, 2018 12:44 pm

Post by eth0s »

VOTE: profii
FoS: HWS
it's a zero in my name (for PM purposes etc)
insanity018
insanity018
Mafia Scum
insanity018
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #770 (ISO) » Tue Feb 06, 2018 1:01 pm

Post by insanity018 »

brassherald replaces sheepsaysmeep. Please welcome him!
Tchill13
Tchill13
Survivor
Tchill13
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #771 (ISO) » Tue Feb 06, 2018 1:08 pm

Post by Tchill13 »

Osuka who's your scum reads?
Tchill13
Tchill13
Survivor
Tchill13
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #772 (ISO) » Tue Feb 06, 2018 1:08 pm

Post by Tchill13 »

Welcome brass Herald
Chickadee
Chickadee
Slightly Sketchy
Chickadee
Slightly Sketchy
Slightly Sketchy

Post Post #773 (ISO) » Tue Feb 06, 2018 1:09 pm

Post by Chickadee »

Welcome, Brass, I look forward to actually getting content from your slot
Instagram: BoneSpellArts

"Yo I'm so good at anime girls" - pj
Tchill13
Tchill13
Survivor
Tchill13
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #774 (ISO) » Tue Feb 06, 2018 1:16 pm

Post by Tchill13 »

This games odd.

Lots of useless arguing imo. Could be coming from mostly townplayers .

Too many lurkers. 2 scum could easily be lurking.

Return to “Completed Mini Normal Games”