Errantparabola
Errantparabola
Composed.
Errantparabola
Composed.
Composed.

Post Post #1800 (ISO) » Fri Feb 09, 2018 6:16 pm

Post by Errantparabola »

I'm going to walk through a series of questions with you, CoA. Please answer them to the best of your ability.

1) How confident are you that I am 3rd scum?
did another ms user do something lovely? recognize their achievements here!

Today's modern mafia consumer demands dozens, nay, hundreds of roles that are vanilla cops.
--implosion
provided
CultOfAthena
CultOfAthena
Goon
CultOfAthena
Goon
Goon

Post Post #1801 (ISO) » Fri Feb 09, 2018 7:49 pm

Post by CultOfAthena »

In post 1800, Errantparabola wrote:I'm going to walk through a series of questions with you, CoA. Please answer them to the best of your ability.

1) How confident are you that I am 3rd scum?
Reasonably so, and more than the other potential candidates.

By the way, another thought for those of you who think that I'm the last scum: quite clearly I'm comfortable hard defending people I townread, as I did with mozamis. If I were scum with HWS and texcat, why just let both of them get lynched when I could have defended them the same way and not had it be suspicious or uncharacteristic?
Thor665
Thor665
Papa Smurf
Thor665
Papa Smurf
Papa Smurf

Post Post #1802 (ISO) » Fri Feb 09, 2018 8:18 pm

Post by Thor665 »

The very easy answer to that is 'whiteknighting is a scum strategy for a reason'.
I don't find you particularly scummy, but that concept as a defensive angle is incredibly thin.
Beefster
Beefster
Mafia Scum
Beefster
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1803 (ISO) » Fri Feb 09, 2018 8:43 pm

Post by Beefster »

In post 1801, CultOfAthena wrote: By the way, another thought for those of you who think that I'm the last scum: quite clearly I'm comfortable hard defending people I townread, as I did with mozamis. If I were scum with HWS and texcat, why just let both of them get lynched when I could have defended them the same way and not had it be suspicious or uncharacteristic?
I get the sense that scum tend to avoid actively defending scumpartners. I know I didn't defend either of my partners the last time I was scum and survived past D1.

I guess there's a subconscious fear that defending your partners makes you look bad if they ever flip.
On hiatus indefinitely. This was a nice distraction when I was working through my faith transition out of Mormonism, but I need to move on to bigger and better things now.
Get to know a meat boy
Klick
Klick
Flash Forward
Klick
Flash Forward
Flash Forward

Post Post #1804 (ISO) » Fri Feb 09, 2018 9:40 pm

Post by Klick »

In post 1062, Maxous wrote:alright i've done 25 pages. i might do the rest tomorrow, i might not.

Errant and HWS are scum.

Texcat and Athena are fighting it out for the last spot. Maybeish Thor.
g'night
Maxous, I'm going through your ISO and I just want to say - kudos to you if you're town :P
Klick
Klick
Flash Forward
Klick
Flash Forward
Flash Forward

Post Post #1805 (ISO) » Fri Feb 09, 2018 10:32 pm

Post by Klick »

In post 269, CultOfAthena wrote:Texcat has done nothing to make me remember that he is in this game.
This is a very minute point - but I feel as though scum-COA uses the correct pronoun in this post. From what I saw in COA's completed scum game, I don't feel as though she's the type of player to fake a "townslip" to this degree.
Klick
Klick
Flash Forward
Klick
Flash Forward
Flash Forward

Post Post #1806 (ISO) » Fri Feb 09, 2018 10:52 pm

Post by Klick »

Yeahhh I'm having a lot of trouble seeing that post coming from scum-COA. It's very early in the game, like page 11, and if she's scum, she doesn't bother bringing that attention to her partner that early. It's pointless. It's much more likely coming from a town perspective.

I feel reasonably confident in Thor, Beefster, COA and mozamis-town at this stage. Leaving Maxous and EP.

VOTE: Maxous
Maxous
Maxous
Mafia Scum
Maxous
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1807 (ISO) » Fri Feb 09, 2018 11:10 pm

Post by Maxous »

In post 217, Maxous wrote:not entirely sure if it's playstyle or alignment but texcat is a little quiet.
she's only talking about a select few people.
Just sayin.
"
And before anyone bitches about me highlighting PoD's 437 when I replaced in and called everyone on my wagon communists, I remind you that communism is not alignment-indicative
" - Belisarius

wiki (actually) updated
Klick
Klick
Flash Forward
Klick
Flash Forward
Flash Forward

Post Post #1808 (ISO) » Fri Feb 09, 2018 11:15 pm

Post by Klick »

There's a difference. Your comment is more fleshed out, clarification beforehand that you're not sure what it is that's causing tex's silence. COA's is literally just an offhand comment with little thought put into it.

FWIW I don't want to believe you're scum. I just feel the same way about most people in the game currently, to a greater extent.
Maxous
Maxous
Mafia Scum
Maxous
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1809 (ISO) » Fri Feb 09, 2018 11:16 pm

Post by Maxous »

In post 71, Maxous wrote:
bit of a scum-lean on HWS too.
In post 62, HeWhoSwims wrote:Uh, I think the argument for the first poster to be scum is weak :?
Penguin might've just been around when the game started, or had an email notification, or was doing mod stuff...
^
he's not reading
In post 118, Maxous wrote:
In post 79, HeWhoSwims wrote:What did you mean by "I'm not reading" if I may ask...?
PP said something about the back end of the site which he was working on
, that's a viable reason to be online during the start, no? I didn't feel there was any other clarification as to why he was online and as I said I don't think posting early is necessarily AI.
yes it is.
but if we go back to your quote -
In post 62, HeWhoSwims wrote:Uh, I think the argument for the first poster to be scum is weak :?
Penguin might've just been around when the game started, or had an email notification,
or was doing mod stuff...
i think you were skimming the argument at best, which caught my eye

bolded for emphasis
Also just sayin.

I suppose come to think of it those quotes are a point in favour of Thor!town.
HWS was very likely skimming over a town v town argument like a lot of scum would do early on
"
And before anyone bitches about me highlighting PoD's 437 when I replaced in and called everyone on my wagon communists, I remind you that communism is not alignment-indicative
" - Belisarius

wiki (actually) updated
mozamis
mozamis
Jack of All Trades
mozamis
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #1810 (ISO) » Sat Feb 10, 2018 7:00 am

Post by mozamis »

In post 1803, Beefster wrote:
In post 1801, CultOfAthena wrote: By the way, another thought for those of you who think that I'm the last scum: quite clearly I'm comfortable hard defending people I townread, as I did with mozamis. If I were scum with HWS and texcat, why just let both of them get lynched when I could have defended them the same way and not had it be suspicious or uncharacteristic?
I get the sense that scum tend to avoid actively defending scumpartners. I know I didn't defend either of my partners the last time I was scum and survived past D1.

I guess there's a subconscious fear that defending your partners makes you look bad if they ever flip.
This is exactly the reason. It's as simple as that - Cult obviously didnt wan't to hard defend people she knew were likely about to flip red. Hard defending me, or any town is obviously different. You both buddy, and might get towncred when they flip green.
You've reached that age, Listy. 24, 25...Your muscles give up, they wave a little white flag of surrender and without any warning at all, you're suddenly a fat bastard...
mozamis
mozamis
Jack of All Trades
mozamis
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #1811 (ISO) » Sat Feb 10, 2018 7:07 am

Post by mozamis »

@ Klick - look at how ready Max is to give out his opinions - even to the extent of saying "i was right", which is very town lol
whereas Cult is so vague and theoretical. It's not Max.
cult plays in a similar way to Hewho - quire reasonable, but DOING and even SAYING very little.
You've reached that age, Listy. 24, 25...Your muscles give up, they wave a little white flag of surrender and without any warning at all, you're suddenly a fat bastard...
mozamis
mozamis
Jack of All Trades
mozamis
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #1812 (ISO) » Sat Feb 10, 2018 7:08 am

Post by mozamis »

and you'll note how Cult is THE ONLY player in the whole game that has always called me town. Does that seem toen to you? Most people find my "erratic" playstyle scummy at some point. She never has, like she, ya know, KNOWS something...lol
mozamis
mozamis
Jack of All Trades
mozamis
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #1813 (ISO) » Sat Feb 10, 2018 7:16 am

Post by mozamis »

also lol at CUlt for attacking EP for not mentioning Tex day 1 and then attacking EP for voting Tex day 2.
clearly just attacking EP for whatevr he does.
mozamis
mozamis
Jack of All Trades
mozamis
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #1814 (ISO) » Sat Feb 10, 2018 7:21 am

Post by mozamis »

In post 1799, CultOfAthena wrote:
In post 1795, mozamis wrote:Remember when Texcat and Hewho were the big wagons?
Cult was on the Beef "wagon" which was going nowhere.
Then she sat on EP ALL day yesterday. Never moved her vote. And came in today voting EP again. Shes not gamesolving.
She's scum.
The beef wagon was the largest wagon of day one at one point. I voted Klick initially day two before moving to EP, and just because I never moved my vote doesn't mean that I wasn't gamesolving – see my questioning of max, klick, and my trying to convince RC that you're town.

I feel like you're making the same mistake with regards to me that you did in 702.
yeah, but look at how much more active you are now, now that you are under pressure?
where have you been all game when town needed you? Nowhere, you have done NOTHING to lynch scum.
you never pushed beef, you never pushed klick. only now, under pressure, do present a case on EP.
mozamis
mozamis
Jack of All Trades
mozamis
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #1815 (ISO) » Sat Feb 10, 2018 7:24 am

Post by mozamis »

we must lynch Max. If I'm wrong about Cult, it's Ep.
mozamis
mozamis
Jack of All Trades
mozamis
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #1816 (ISO) » Sat Feb 10, 2018 7:25 am

Post by mozamis »

*MUSTN'T lol
mozamis
mozamis
Jack of All Trades
mozamis
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #1817 (ISO) » Sat Feb 10, 2018 7:29 am

Post by mozamis »

Errantparabola
Errantparabola
Composed.
Errantparabola
Composed.
Composed.

Post Post #1818 (ISO) » Sat Feb 10, 2018 8:10 am

Post by Errantparabola »

In post 1801, CultOfAthena wrote:Reasonably so, and more than the other potential candidates.
Would you be willing to get lynched today if, hypothetically, it guaranteed my lynch tomorrow?
did another ms user do something lovely? recognize their achievements here!

Today's modern mafia consumer demands dozens, nay, hundreds of roles that are vanilla cops.
--implosion
provided
Beefster
Beefster
Mafia Scum
Beefster
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1819 (ISO) » Sat Feb 10, 2018 9:01 am

Post by Beefster »

I'm torn between COA and Max. Both seem equally likely to be scum IMO.

I'll drop the hammer I guess.
On hiatus indefinitely. This was a nice distraction when I was working through my faith transition out of Mormonism, but I need to move on to bigger and better things now.
Get to know a meat boy
Flubbernugget
Flubbernugget
Survivor
Flubbernugget
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #1820 (ISO) » Sat Feb 10, 2018 9:17 am

Post by Flubbernugget »

In post 1798, CultOfAthena wrote:It seems like nobody else shares my opinion on this, and I'm not sure why. If it's just for the tex vote yesterday, I think it's very realistic that scum!EP feels like it's necessary to bus tex in the situation that he was in, and the context surrounding his vote makes me think that it's very likely.
Bad hand wave
mozamis
mozamis
Jack of All Trades
mozamis
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #1821 (ISO) » Sat Feb 10, 2018 11:40 am

Post by mozamis »

In post 1819, Beefster wrote:I'm torn between COA and Max. Both seem equally likely to be scum IMO.

I'll drop the hammer I guess.
for me, it was Max's posts beginning of Today that made me think town. he's come in and really looks like he's thinking about the game.
mozamis
mozamis
Jack of All Trades
mozamis
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #1822 (ISO) » Sat Feb 10, 2018 11:42 am

Post by mozamis »

also, him saying "I was right" is really ballsy move for scum, as it is drawing attention to himself. And it could annoy some people as well, the last thing scum want.
Maxous
Maxous
Mafia Scum
Maxous
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1823 (ISO) » Sat Feb 10, 2018 3:02 pm

Post by Maxous »

I'm not bragging or anything.
People are claiming I didn't talk about Tex or HWS..when I did.
"
" - Belisarius

wiki (actually) updated
mozamis
mozamis
Jack of All Trades
mozamis
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #1824 (ISO) » Sat Feb 10, 2018 4:49 pm

Post by mozamis »

ah ok sorry slightly misunderstood. still, you werent exactly avoiding the issue, so still looks town.

Return to “Completed Open Games”