Survivor
LicketyQuickety
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #1825 (ISO) » Sun Feb 11, 2018 3:00 am

Post by LicketyQuickety »

In post 1824, Gamma Emerald wrote:
In post 1822, LicketyQuickety wrote:
In post 1815, Gamma Emerald wrote:So I'm think the team is among LQ/Eddie/Dunn/Lycan right now from the stuff covered here. Marquis is a suspect as well based on previous events. Current solid townreads are Ran and Shea, plus I'm feeling Postie is town. CES still town. AD/Dave/nsg I haven't sorted, maybe ISOs? Also need to ISO lycan still
Your analysis sucks and your reads suck worse. I played with you in PYP.
Alright I remember that one now. Think I shut it out because of crap teammates. Also you gonna drink the haterade with Marq? Cos if so just like I said to her I need some backup of what you're saying. Prove me wrong if you think so strongly of it.
In post 1823, LicketyQuickety wrote:You're also way to concerned with how people see you when you aren't being heavily SR.
You wanna tell me how I'm doing this cos I don't think that's the case here

Lycanfire iso in progress btw, just saw these when previewing to get to the next part of it. Damn does Lycan inadvertently wallpost
The things I am saying are not a given because I am the one saying it.

Your questions are not really good questions to ask. They are all kinda basic type of questions that anyone can ask. Like, what are you actually going to do with your answers? How does this help you read someone? It's similar to Ran asking me what my reads are - just why.. why are you asking? If you know what my reads are and you don't give me the credit to know that I am fully capable of faking reads pretty damn well, then this is pretty much the only reason I can see for Town being concerned with reads.
You seem to be the leading wagon today. tmi...?
Like... seriously, why ask this?
One thing I dislike about how Eddie is playing here is that he doesn't seem to be having the reaction to the wagon on him I'd expect if he were town. If he were town I'd think he'd go raging against his wagon here. Also how is Marquis posting in twilight scummy? Kinda on-the-fence with that rn
Seriously, this is BAD. Especially when I think that was an engagement that I thought Eddie handled quite well. Like what Eddie said that actually makes a whole lot of sense and you are acting like what he is saying is the Scummies thing you have seen. I mean really, way way way more often than not when I see someone say "I think you would do X different as Town" they are so off their rocker they have no idea how inaccurate that kind of tell is. Unless you have really really solid meta on someone, you really should never be saying this. Saying "this person doing this reminds me of when they were X in game Y" is like worlds better than what you are saying and the latter is still a pretty damn weak read without some pretty damn solid meta.
I was anything worse than you! Anything worse than you was I!

You was doided teh aposit_tisopa het dedoid saw em.
LicketyQuickety
LicketyQuickety
Survivor
LicketyQuickety
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #1826 (ISO) » Sun Feb 11, 2018 3:06 am

I mean...

Slow clap..

You accuse the most SR person in the game to say "TMI?" Really? Really?

LicketyQuickety
LicketyQuickety
Survivor
LicketyQuickety
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #1827 (ISO) » Sun Feb 11, 2018 3:15 am

In post 1826, LicketyQuickety wrote:I mean...

Slow clap..

You accuse the most SR person in the game to say "TMI?" Really? Really?
And if anyone doesn't get this point, please tell me so I can explain it to you like you are 5.

MathBlade
MathBlade
He/Him
Technical Support
MathBlade
He/Him
Technical Support
Technical Support
Pronoun: He/Him

Post Post #1828 (ISO) » Sun Feb 11, 2018 3:27 am

Post by MathBlade »

viewtopic.php?p=9951401&user_select%5B% ... 4#p9951401

MOD NOTESThis rule change is taking place immediately.
ScumBlade's eloquent performance left me utterly disoriented, debased, depraved and sent me spiraling into a horrific murky abyss with emotional turmoil and immense despair as my only companions until slowly I suffocate in my own gloom, surrounded by failure. I will never recover. -- Zachstralkita about Mini 1841
GTKAS -- MathBlade
MathBlade
MathBlade
He/Him
Technical Support
MathBlade
He/Him
Technical Support
Technical Support

Post Post #1829 (ISO) » Sun Feb 11, 2018 3:31 am

Post by MathBlade »

Votecount 2.11

Marquis(2)
~ ,
LicketyQuickety(2)
~ ,
northsidegal(1)
~
Dunnstral(1)
~
Cogito Ergo Sum(1)
~

Not Voting (1): northsidegal

With 13 alive it takes 7 to lynch.

Day 2 deadline is in (expired on 2018-02-18 19:30:00)
ScumBlade's eloquent performance left me utterly disoriented, debased, depraved and sent me spiraling into a horrific murky abyss with emotional turmoil and immense despair as my only companions until slowly I suffocate in my own gloom, surrounded by failure. I will never recover. -- Zachstralkita about Mini 1841
GTKAS -- MathBlade
Ranmaru
Ranmaru
Jack of All Trades
Ranmaru
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #1830 (ISO) » Sun Feb 11, 2018 7:36 am

Post by Ranmaru »

LQ, it's a good question to ask since you are accusing him of only caring about his image, so you should back it up. I don't see it.
Ranmaru
Ranmaru
Jack of All Trades
Ranmaru
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #1831 (ISO) » Sun Feb 11, 2018 7:37 am

Post by Ranmaru »

Gamma is still town.
LicketyQuickety
LicketyQuickety
Survivor
LicketyQuickety
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #1832 (ISO) » Sun Feb 11, 2018 8:11 am

In post 1830, Ranmaru wrote:LQ, it's a good question to ask since you are accusing him of only caring about his image, so you should back it up. I don't see it.
I am not even talking about why he is asking me what I mean. I am talking about what he did in the first place which you completely ignore.

I mean, all you have to say is "Gamma still Town" Like WTF. Either gamma needs to get gud or he need some accusations thrown his way.

Ranmaru
Ranmaru
Jack of All Trades
Ranmaru
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #1833 (ISO) » Sun Feb 11, 2018 8:25 am

Post by Ranmaru »

Trust me, he's improving. He's town though. I'll let him respond before I comment further.
Ranmaru
Ranmaru
Jack of All Trades
Ranmaru
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #1834 (ISO) » Sun Feb 11, 2018 8:25 am

Post by Ranmaru »

NSG
: I want you to respond to my #1821.
Thestatusquo
Thestatusquo
He/Him
Shea

Thestatusquo
He/Him
Shea

Shea

Post Post #1835 (ISO) » Sun Feb 11, 2018 8:32 am

Post by Thestatusquo »

prodge.

I'll be very active tomorrow. :)

if you guys want to lynch eddie before then thats fine with me I don't have a lot more to say.
tout comprendre c'est tout pardonner
Postie
Postie
Any/all
Jack of All Trades
Postie
Any/all
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades
Pronoun: Any/all

Post Post #1836 (ISO) » Sun Feb 11, 2018 8:33 am

Post by Postie »

In post 1802, Dunnstral wrote:VOTE: EddieFenix

Seems good for today
Hey Dunn talk to me about this vote
What convinced you to hop on at this exact moment in time and not earlier?
Discourse is fleeting, but junk mail is forever.
Gamma Emerald
Gamma Emerald
Any
Survivor
Gamma Emerald
Any
Survivor
Survivor
Pronoun: Any

Post Post #1837 (ISO) » Sun Feb 11, 2018 9:01 am

Post by Gamma Emerald »

Welp my lycan iso got eaten so I'll just post my conclusions, was almost done anyway
In post 1825, LicketyQuickety wrote:
In post 1824, Gamma Emerald wrote:
In post 1822, LicketyQuickety wrote:
In post 1815, Gamma Emerald wrote:So I'm think the team is among LQ/Eddie/Dunn/Lycan right now from the stuff covered here. Marquis is a suspect as well based on previous events. Current solid townreads are Ran and Shea, plus I'm feeling Postie is town. CES still town. AD/Dave/nsg I haven't sorted, maybe ISOs? Also need to ISO lycan still
Your analysis sucks and your reads suck worse. I played with you in PYP.
Alright I remember that one now. Think I shut it out because of crap teammates. Also you gonna drink the haterade with Marq? Cos if so just like I said to her I need some backup of what you're saying. Prove me wrong if you think so strongly of it.
In post 1823, LicketyQuickety wrote:You're also way to concerned with how people see you when you aren't being heavily SR.
You wanna tell me how I'm doing this cos I don't think that's the case here

Lycanfire iso in progress btw, just saw these when previewing to get to the next part of it. Damn does Lycan inadvertently wallpost
The things I am saying are not a given because I am the one saying it.

Your questions are not really good questions to ask. They are all kinda basic type of questions that anyone can ask. Like, what are you actually going to do with your answers? How does this help you read someone? It's similar to Ran asking me what my reads are - just why.. why are you asking? If you know what my reads are and you don't give me the credit to know that I am fully capable of faking reads pretty damn well, then this is pretty much the only reason I can see for Town being concerned with reads.
You seem to be the leading wagon today. tmi...?
Like... seriously, why ask this?
One thing I dislike about how Eddie is playing here is that he doesn't seem to be having the reaction to the wagon on him I'd expect if he were town. If he were town I'd think he'd go raging against his wagon here. Also how is Marquis posting in twilight scummy? Kinda on-the-fence with that rn
Seriously, this is BAD. Especially when I think that was an engagement that I thought Eddie handled quite well. Like what Eddie said that actually makes a whole lot of sense and you are acting like what he is saying is the Scummies thing you have seen. I mean really, way way way more often than not when I see someone say "I think you would do X different as Town" they are so off their rocker they have no idea how inaccurate that kind of tell is. Unless you have really really solid meta on someone, you really should never be saying this. Saying "this person doing this reminds me of when they were X in game Y" is like worlds better than what you are saying and the latter is still a pretty damn weak read without some pretty damn solid meta.
It's more of an expectation from how he started the day. If he really thought those two were scum then there should be a bit more oomph to his pushing of them imo. If you still disagree, tell me how I'm wrong using evidence from this game only.
And which questions are you actually taking issue with? You get on me about me asking meaningless questions but I don't really see them? The one underneath if you think that's one wasn't a question as much as a "does anyone else think this?"
<Embrace The Void>

“A flipped coin doesn't always land heads or tails. Sometimes it may never land at all...”
Ranmaru
Ranmaru
Jack of All Trades
Ranmaru
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #1838 (ISO) » Sun Feb 11, 2018 9:03 am

Post by Ranmaru »

Please snip or spoiler those quotes man, I want you to try to remember big quotes like that make people skim and we don't want skimming.
Lycanfire
Lycanfire
Mafia Scum
Lycanfire
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1839 (ISO) » Sun Feb 11, 2018 9:13 am

Post by Lycanfire »

Okay those wagonomics. So like I said I was going into it with my own conclusion, and felt really good about it until I noted Eddie had two peaks at 5 (Marquis & CES). Neither were concurrent. Additionally, in both counterwagons, Gamma was a dubious supporter of both.

-The basic thesis is that at start of day, Eddie, Marquis LQ had morale for wagons against them. This has little to do with D1. I find this important because it defines people who are okay to wagon.
-Marquis appeared as a counter to Eddie. Ranmaru was the first voter, shifted gears, then was re-voted by Eddie. He peaked at three with Eddie, Gamma and CES all providing shit reasons ranging from it being sure scum, to a blind sheep vote of the former, to it "being the time" to lynch him.
-Ranmaru and LQ crossvote, Marquis votes Eddie and the wagon collapses
-Gamma votes LQ
-Marquis votes LQ
-CES votes Eddie

I don't think this disproves anything like CES-Dan-NSG. I'm capable of seeing trends, and each time I accused CES, Dan would come out and scumread me (1) or NSG would (twice). If any of these flip scum, I'm pretty sure the game is solved. I do find it hard to shake the immediate nature of the CES vote onto Eddie, which is basically aimed at Marquis for leaving. Up until I read into the game the Eddie wagon looked like Worst Damn Thing™ due to the cherry on top, but I do actually see a reason for the CES vote, and without observing any coherant plan launched on the Eddie wagon, I'm pretty comfortable with it right now. The LQ wagon on the other hand is poop.

okay so if you hate wall posts just stop reading here and skip to the next post or smth

(The paradigms "mafia plan" and "team of 3" have been bothering me all game day which is why I had a very much wait-and-see approach with CES, because my only rationalization was that the entire team was just lurking out.)

Continuing that thought, to go along with my "trendy wagons" theory, without trying to shoehorn myself into a conclusion.

I noted who was making which player socially acceptable to push since sod. Most of this was Postie on Eddie, and LQ on Postie. Here's the full results if anyone cares. What I consider to be shade might not be yours, so if you don't like it, go fuck yourself.
lq postie(8) eddie(2) marq (1) gamma(1) dav(1) ran(1)
postie eddie(9) ran(1) shea(1)
ranmaru marquis(4) dan(1) postie(2) eddie(4) lq(4)
eddie lq(1) ces(1) ran(5) marq(3)
dun postie(1)
dav lq(1)
I considered this period to be over around this post, because afterwards we moved into Davsto's meta case on Eddie.
In post 1356, Ranmaru wrote:I'm thinking the team is [LQ > Eddie > Marquis].

LQ
:
LQ's post is force in his #888. LQ tries to shade my replace in his #829 Shea asked him if he why he didn't think my catchup was genuine, and responds saying that he laughed at me misrepresenting him, and fence sits his read on me. Yet, this has nothing to do with his point that I had no 'unique' reads. Seems like a slight back track of his original position. LQ throws shade at Screen in his #1058, and while null scum reading him in his #999. Yet, LQ doesn't join the wagon on Screen, he avoids it while poking at him. He then votes Postie, who he read as null in his #999, but has not stated a read change nor did he have any progression. My assumption is that he saw my case on her, and took the opportunity to place his vote on Postie to A) Draw associative between her and him, and B) To stay off the ScreenTOWN wagon. LQ's #1299 shows that he prefers to muddy the connection between himself and Postie, to drag her down in his eventual lynch.

Eddie
:
Eddie's #1315 Shows he scumreads CES for hammering. Then, he votes Marquis in his #1320 while scumreading myself for no reason at all. In his #1336 he states I'm trying to draw off pressure from Postie (LQ v Postie), which contradicts his initial read of CES MARQ RAN. It shows that he has no genuine reads here, and is applying the same tactic LQ is, muddying his connection with myself to drag me down in his eventual lynch.

Marquis
:
Marquis enters voting North following Postie, with weak reasoning in his #24. This is in response to Postie asking why he voted North, not a good response. Marquis states he is having a hard time getting into the game in his#381 but lurks for quite a bit and doesn't try to get back into it, which he admits to in #631 . He talks about who is scum on his wagon, LQ in his #455. He is sidelining while not really pushing anything, like in his #877 and then unvotes in his #879 and nothing else. He has progression for LQ but he never follows up with it. In general, he seems more interested in getting a good position in town, fails and gets wagoned, and then lurks out to survive and dodge the lynch. Then he comes in late with with 1226 voting LQ. It is badly timed, it does not seem genuine.

LQ and Eddie are both trying to muddy connections between universal town reads, since they seem to have no other option, or little options available to them. Today, we lynch either LQ or Eddie. Then the other the next day.
Ran essentially started the Marquis fire, but in my mind it isn't until Eddie's / Mastina's godread on Marquis that it became a "wagon" and hit the peak of 3. By this time, Ran had moved on. I feel it is pretty notable that in one post Ranmaru pointed at all three wagons of the day. If there was any deeper meaning to this post, I'd like to know it.

This is why I asked Ranmaru for their Gamma read: I actually like CES' read on Gamma better than Ranmaru's read. Considering I had been transparently been scumreading/townreading these players, we either need to get on the same page, or there's gonna be a lynch Ranmaru is going to disagree with down the line.

I'm going to VOTE: Eddie, because if peoples' reads are bad, it's because they're probably scum. He's had two counters to himself, both supported by Gamma. He's had every opportunity in the world to stick to CES, or not vote for lynchbait. I can be persuaded onto Gamma or put back on the true path of saying CES is scum all day. This is the only theory I can give beyond say everything is a giant TvT.

Who the third-anyone who pushed Eddie counters (Marq, Dav, Ran) or a lurksack. I'm happy to talk about this I guess.
Lycanfire
Lycanfire
Mafia Scum
Lycanfire
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1840 (ISO) » Sun Feb 11, 2018 9:16 am

Post by Lycanfire »

tldr

-Eddie doesn't have good reasons for his beliefs
-Gamma doesn't have good reasons for Eddie's beliefs
-Gamma countered Eddie twice
-Wagons of the day have been Eddie/LQ/Marquis. They were made acceptable by Postie and Ranmaru respectively.
-I can only stand on my head rationalizing tvts for so long before I start to see trends that might not be suspicious in nature. Send help.
Lycanfire
Lycanfire
Mafia Scum
Lycanfire
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1841 (ISO) » Sun Feb 11, 2018 9:17 am

Post by Lycanfire »

In post 1818, LicketyQuickety wrote:So I think I should put my money where my mouth is, because people don't see to be liking my idea of making actions to produce content over most everything else, so I am going here:

VOTE: Marquis
Listen here you punk you just shit on hours of work and drinks with this vote
Gamma Emerald
Gamma Emerald
Any
Survivor
Gamma Emerald
Any
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #1842 (ISO) » Sun Feb 11, 2018 9:23 am

Post by Gamma Emerald »

So like the main issue I see with Lycan is hypocrisy. A fabulous example is him saying early in the game saying he won't take a team and run with it yet he's doing that -right now-. Another issue is him saying people ten to not be willing to reconsider their reads leading to "feely bullshit", which I somewhat see in his posts? Real convenient he left out any definition of what "feely bullshit" means
<Embrace The Void>

“A flipped coin doesn't always land heads or tails. Sometimes it may never land at all...”
Ranmaru
Ranmaru
Jack of All Trades
Ranmaru
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #1843 (ISO) » Sun Feb 11, 2018 9:24 am

Post by Ranmaru »

There was no deeper meaning. I felt there was a higher chance of LQ and Eddie being scum together, while I had Marquis as a scum read on the back burner, as I wasn't too confident in it. I'd like for you to look into NSG.
Gamma Emerald
Gamma Emerald
Any
Survivor
Gamma Emerald
Any
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #1844 (ISO) » Sun Feb 11, 2018 9:27 am

Post by Gamma Emerald »

In post 1843, Ranmaru wrote:There was no deeper meaning. I felt there was a higher chance of LQ and Eddie being scum together, while I had Marquis as a scum read on the back burner, as I wasn't too confident in it. I'd like for you to look into NSG.
What
fairly certain this is to me but what about?
<Embrace The Void>

Ranmaru
Ranmaru
Jack of All Trades
Ranmaru
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #1845 (ISO) » Sun Feb 11, 2018 9:29 am

Post by Ranmaru »

No, that was to Lycanfire. Yet I'd like for you and Lycanfire to ISO her and look at my #1821, then tell me what you think.
Postie
Postie
Any/all
Jack of All Trades
Postie
Any/all
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades
Pronoun: Any/all

Post Post #1846 (ISO) » Sun Feb 11, 2018 9:30 am

Post by Postie »

That's L-1, btw
Discourse is fleeting, but junk mail is forever.
LicketyQuickety
LicketyQuickety
Survivor
LicketyQuickety
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #1847 (ISO) » Sun Feb 11, 2018 9:32 am

@GE, Playing the game with the outlook of what you expect players to play as is fallible. Why? Because it would require you to know the person better than they know themselves. How? Because you are stating a predictive type of play of a person. If you have thought that someone would do X as Town, then logically this would mean the player who is being predicted isn't smart enough as Scum to know how they themselves would respond as Town if placed in that situation. In other words, you would be out guessing someone about their own knowledge of themselves.

And that's without the consideration that you are predicting what someone would do AFTER it has been done.

P-Edit: I hope you can take this post as a consolation. I am thinking GE could be Scum here after all. I will look over that PYP game I played with him and see what I can get.

MathBlade
MathBlade
He/Him
Technical Support
MathBlade
He/Him
Technical Support
Technical Support

Post Post #1848 (ISO) » Sun Feb 11, 2018 9:34 am

Post by MathBlade »

MOD NOTESEddie Fenix and Action Dan are being prodded.
GTKAS -- MathBlade
LicketyQuickety
LicketyQuickety
Survivor
LicketyQuickety
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #1849 (ISO) » Sun Feb 11, 2018 9:39 am

Well, Eddie is getting lynched. I'll hammer if I have to.

Return to “Team Mafia 2018”