Mini 1990: Terror in the City (Game Over)

Hopkirk
Hopkirk
Jack of All Trades
Hopkirk
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #375 (ISO) » Sun Feb 18, 2018 11:33 am

Post by Hopkirk »

@Kokichi: Sorry about refering to you as she a lot. I got the impression from your avatar, which is silly since I have a half female avatar.
In post 372, Kokichi Oma wrote:
In post 362, Hopkirk wrote:
In post 356, Kokichi Oma wrote:Chick is scum but since no one wants that VOTE: kop
Explain the damn Chick read then like I asked.
I did. I don't like her post, it sounds fake. Why explain you want more out of a slot instead of just voting. That's 100% theatre posturing
You haven't explained the read, you've just said something Chick did without proving why it's a scummy thing to do.
This isn't a reason to be sure of scum- Chick unless you have either a.) Meta of Chick, or b.) Evidence of a strong general correlation.
I've seen it done by town. I've done it as town. Lots of people put a comment with a vote to avoid a naked vote.
In fact Chick did the same thing as town (using basically the same words- x needs more pressure) in the first game I checked: viewtopic.php?p=9832388#p9832388
So I don't see why it's scummy, and you haven't pushed Chick notably after saying it.
There's no reaching. I've become enlightened.
havingfitz
havingfitz
Survivor
havingfitz
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #376 (ISO) » Sun Feb 18, 2018 11:38 am

Post by havingfitz »

In post 297, yurkin wrote:I'm here I'm here
Got prodded.
Time for another prod.

Can we please lynch this? Or if yurkin is replaced before lynching...then Assembler? I'd vote Kop 3rd.

Welcome A50. Yay for replacement upgrades.
Town 57w-66l :: Not Town 29w-16l:: TBD 2
V/LA on weekends (i.e. RL > mafia)

The shortest GTKAS thread ever!
Hopkirk
Hopkirk
Jack of All Trades
Hopkirk
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #377 (ISO) » Sun Feb 18, 2018 11:41 am

Post by Hopkirk »

In post 373, Almost50 wrote:
In post 369, Hopkirk wrote:My problem here is that Assemble/Kokichi look like your most likely partners. It's a little worrying you aren't good at reading one, and voted Yurkin instead of the other (for doing the same thing).
I see!

Well, you can make a case on whichever if them you want to lynch and we can all evaluate it.

Also, how do you get Assemble/Koki to be my "most likely partners"?
And who do you think he 4th would be?
How do you explain two scums replacing out so early?
Does the fact I slipped no knowing Assemble replaced brass affect your reads at all, or do you think I faked ignorance?

P-edit: I also played him in a [ulr=viewtopic.php?f=23&t=73987]3rd game[/url] (actually was the 1st because I was a replacement in Magical Girls), and I never actually managed to peg him correctly on D1.

That said, you also seem to not be able to read him at all. You even keep referring to him as a she, while I -at least- remember his declared pronoun.
I've given a fair few thoughts on Kokichi that you're free to look at and comment on.
It's not really possible for me to 'case' Assemble. He's inactive and has few enough posts that I only have minor reasons. You know I can't properly case him since you accepted he's inactive. My problem there was that you seem to be treating him differently.

I took a list of the 30 possible teams of people I'm scumreadin (-Yurin because they don't have interactions that can be analysed). Eliminated 27 of them for varying reasons, leaving that one, and Mom+Kop+either Dunn or Kokichi. I don't have a 4th person based on the way I did it, and nothing is solid about it right now.

Scum replace out slightly more frequently than town anyway. Brass replaced out due to irl stuff and Assmble hasn't replaced out yet. What point are you trying to make/make me accept with this question?

I don't think I'll work out whether you faked that reaction or not until after you flip. It didn't influence me one way or another since whether I buy it or not depends on your alignment. It'd probably make Assemble more likely to flip as your partner, but that's only relevant after flips.
Hopkirk
Hopkirk
Jack of All Trades
Hopkirk
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #378 (ISO) » Sun Feb 18, 2018 11:45 am

Post by Hopkirk »

In post 374, Almost50 wrote:3rd game

Fixed. :facepalm:
You definitely seem to flip around a low on Kokichi (from a ctrl f iso skim). In additional to other one where you flipped repeatedly on him, I buy that town you would say you have trouble reading Kokichi.
Hopkirk
Hopkirk
Jack of All Trades
Hopkirk
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #379 (ISO) » Sun Feb 18, 2018 11:49 am

Post by Hopkirk »

Deadline is roughly half what I thought it was.

VOTE: Assmble
Hopkirk
Hopkirk
Jack of All Trades
Hopkirk
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #380 (ISO) » Sun Feb 18, 2018 11:50 am

Post by Hopkirk »

'people I'm scumreadin'

Replace this with 'people I'm not hard townreading'.
Nero Cain
Nero Cain
Survivor
Nero Cain
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #381 (ISO) » Sun Feb 18, 2018 12:06 pm

Post by Nero Cain »

TNE isn't even in this game anymore....

In post 376, havingfitz wrote:
In post 297, yurkin wrote:I'm here I'm here
Got prodded.
Time for another prod.

Can we please lynch this? Or if yurkin is replaced before lynching...then Assembler? I'd vote Kop 3rd.

Welcome A50. Yay for replacement upgrades.
Can you leapfrog kop over the two useless lurkers?
Of all tyrannies,a tyranny sincerely exercised for the good of its victims may be the most oppressive. It would be better to live under robber barons than under omnipotent moral busybodies. The robber baron's cruelty may sometimes sleep but those who torment us for our own good will torment us without end they do so with the approval of their own conscience.

edited c.s. lewis quote b/c limit
Nero Cain
Nero Cain
Survivor
Nero Cain
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #382 (ISO) » Sun Feb 18, 2018 12:13 pm

Post by Nero Cain »

In post 380, Hopkirk wrote:'people I'm scumreadin'

are you not hard town reading Yurkin? If so why Ass over Yurkin?
Of all tyrannies,a tyranny sincerely exercised for the good of its victims may be the most oppressive. It would be better to live under robber barons than under omnipotent moral busybodies. The robber baron's cruelty may sometimes sleep but those who torment us for our own good will torment us without end they do so with the approval of their own conscience.

Almost50
Almost50
Monkey Business
Almost50
Monkey Business
Monkey Business

Post Post #383 (ISO) » Sun Feb 18, 2018 12:17 pm

Post by Almost50 »

@Hop: Assemble IS a replace in himself. That's why I'm giving him some slack. I didn't even ISO him before you said he was "doing the same thing" bc -in my mind- he posted 3 times since he came into the game.

As for him "doing the same thing" though, I don't see it. He posted twice in a row, took a dive then posted once and disappeared. The difference:
1- It's not as "steady" as yurkin (who has roughly a 48 hrs interval between each post and the next one)
2- Assemble never promised to do something then failed to deliver (the "I'll catch up today"+no show afterwards is a scumtell in my book)
3- Assemble is a known lurker. Yurkin I don't even know from before.

So, when I had to pick one to pressure it had to be yurkin unless someone else pointed out he was a known lurker as either alignment like Assemble is.

Btw, I sometimes do what you did (list all possible combinations, I even start with the whole players list and start working my way through it all, like "X is not scum with Y so delete all combinations combining them together", or "X is unlikely scum with Y, so move this one down the list", or simply "X is TOWN, so delete all combinations they appear in".

The problem with this approach (in addition to it requiring much work on my .doc file) is one mistake will destroy the whole thing. Like, if I misinterpret a post to be a crumb of a town role and get convinced must be town and that turns out to be false I'm already wandering way out off the right path.

Last, but not least: You may dash out all combinations containing my name at will. It may not feel right now but it will serve you the best on the long run, because I received a green role pm. *Shrug*

Modded 2 Opens & 2 Large Themed games successfully.
Nero Cain
Nero Cain
Survivor
Nero Cain
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #384 (ISO) » Sun Feb 18, 2018 12:23 pm

Post by Nero Cain »

In post 329, Hopkirk wrote:13th
In post 200, Kop wrote:@mod V/LA for today, will be on tomorrow.
16th
In post 284, Nero Cain wrote:oh, he's v/la. EH.
vote:Yurkin
Just noticed this. Did you think Kop was still V/LA, and does it affect anything that he wasn't V/LA at that point?
I know you voted Kurkin instead since you thought Kop was V/LA.

More thoughts on this to follow post response.
I had missed this the first time you asked.
Both my Kop and Yurkin votes were never more than "hey maybe this is lurker scum!"

Kop saying that he'll be v/la on the 13th but not posting till the 17th is p bad, I agree. If your implication is that Kop is lying scum then IDK why you aren't voting him. I've since rectified my mistake so...alls good?

Kokichi Oma
Kokichi Oma
Survivor
Kokichi Oma
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #385 (ISO) » Sun Feb 18, 2018 2:48 pm

Post by Kokichi Oma »

In post 375, Hopkirk wrote:@Kokichi: Sorry about refering to you as she a lot. I got the impression from your avatar, which is silly since I have a half female avatar.
Any pronoun works, don't worry.
How do you expect to find the culprit when you're all worried about each other's feelings? If you're planning to expose a liar, then you have to corner them psychologically.
Kokichi Oma
Kokichi Oma
Survivor
Kokichi Oma
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #386 (ISO) » Sun Feb 18, 2018 2:49 pm

Post by Kokichi Oma »

I'll respond to rest later. But from what I remember, assemble is always AFK
How do you expect to find the culprit when you're all worried about each other's feelings? If you're planning to expose a liar, then you have to corner them psychologically.
TheFuzzylogic99
TheFuzzylogic99
Mafia Scum
TheFuzzylogic99
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #387 (ISO) » Sun Feb 18, 2018 3:34 pm

Post by TheFuzzylogic99 »

In post 348, Hopkirk wrote:@Kop: I initially disliked 175. Chick later answered the question she avoided in 175 in 236, after I asked her again. I thought 236 mitigated 175. Any thoughts there?

Kokichi is a good vote still. Still ignoring direct invitations to engage on multiple points despite allegedly wanting to engage more.

@Fuzzy: Do you agree or disagree with Mom in relation to her read on Dunn/Kokichi?

@Kop: Why didn’t you comment on the vote Dunn just made? You commented on the same vote from Assemble, and Dunn’s in your scumpool.

Nero’s tunnel on Fuzzy doesn’t seem like a scummy tunnel. @Nero: Are you scumreading Kop? I’m not sure given the way you worded the last post.
Sorry im not sure what you are asking..can you explain
In post 356, Kokichi Oma wrote:Chick is scum but since no one wants that VOTE: kop
Okay than why not vote Chick anyways....... Kinda sounds like you are not too eager to lynch her or you maybe just dont think she is really scum
In post 369, Hopkirk wrote:My problem here is that Assemble/Kokichi look like your most likely partners. It's a little worrying you aren't good at reading one, and voted Yurkin instead of the other (for doing the same thing).
I dislike this.... I hate tryingpeople scum teaming players. This can lead to mislynces.
Kokichi Oma
Kokichi Oma
Survivor
Kokichi Oma
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #388 (ISO) » Sun Feb 18, 2018 4:43 pm

Post by Kokichi Oma »

In post 375, Hopkirk wrote:This isn't a reason to be sure of scum- Chick
If I was 100% sure i would be pushing others to vote too, but it's my scumread
Kokichi Oma
Kokichi Oma
Survivor
Kokichi Oma
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #389 (ISO) » Sun Feb 18, 2018 4:45 pm

Post by Kokichi Oma »

In post 387, TheFuzzylogic99 wrote:Okay than why not vote Chick anyways....... Kinda sounds like you are not too eager to lynch her or you maybe just dont think she is really scum
I think that post was scummy, not sure what you mean
Chickadee
Chickadee
Slightly Sketchy
Chickadee
Slightly Sketchy
Slightly Sketchy

Post Post #390 (ISO) » Sun Feb 18, 2018 5:32 pm

Post by Chickadee »

In post 388, Kokichi Oma wrote:
Vote too? You're not even voting me. You just keep mentioning me as a scum read here and there.
Instagram: BoneSpellArts

"Yo I'm so good at anime girls" - pj
TheFuzzylogic99
TheFuzzylogic99
Mafia Scum
TheFuzzylogic99
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #391 (ISO) » Sun Feb 18, 2018 6:20 pm

You jumped on than off Chick pretty quickly......I would think if you really thought she was scum you would push her lynch more strongly
Kokichi Oma
Kokichi Oma
Survivor
Kokichi Oma
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #392 (ISO) » Sun Feb 18, 2018 6:22 pm

Post by Kokichi Oma »

In post 390, Chickadee wrote:
In post 388, Kokichi Oma wrote:
Vote too? You're not even voting me. You just keep mentioning me as a scum read here and there.
I did vote you
TheFuzzylogic99
TheFuzzylogic99
Mafia Scum
TheFuzzylogic99
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #393 (ISO) » Sun Feb 18, 2018 6:30 pm

Kokichi- why is Kop scum..... why does he deserve to be lynched over Chick?
TheFuzzylogic99
TheFuzzylogic99
Mafia Scum
TheFuzzylogic99
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #394 (ISO) » Sun Feb 18, 2018 6:32 pm

Am I wrong to assume that Yurkin is being policy lynched for being a lurker> Am I missing something???
Kokichi Oma
Kokichi Oma
Survivor
Kokichi Oma
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #395 (ISO) » Sun Feb 18, 2018 8:04 pm

Post by Kokichi Oma »

I'm simply voting the next biggest wagon that someone I think is scum isn't on.
Almost50
Almost50
Monkey Business
Almost50
Monkey Business
Monkey Business

Post Post #396 (ISO) » Mon Feb 19, 2018 1:40 am

Post by Almost50 »

In post 394, TheFuzzylogic99 wrote:Am I wrong to assume that Yurkin is being policy lynched for being a lurker> Am I missing something???
Policy? No. Scummy Lurking. Promising to catch up and not delivering, posting on steady intervals.. someone who has it PLANNED to play that way in a bid to avoid being put under the microscope is what I see.

Hopkirk
Hopkirk
Jack of All Trades
Hopkirk
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #397 (ISO) » Mon Feb 19, 2018 2:22 am

Post by Hopkirk »

In post 382, Nero Cain wrote:
In post 380, Hopkirk wrote:'people I'm scumreadin'

are you not hard town reading Yurkin? If so why Ass over Yurkin?
That was replacing an above comment, beginning 'people I'm scumreading'. If you read the rest of the setnence, you'd see I ignored Yurkin from consideration as there's no significant associations regarding the slot that really let me discount pairings. Adding every combinations of X+Y+Yurkin doesn't add anything to the result as long as it's clear I'm discounting Yurkin there.

@Almost: regarding 383.
- Why aren’t you cutting Yurkin slack given he’s got 99 total posts on site? Same applies to the comment that you don’t know him from before.
- I think I made it clear I wasn’t listing combinations and discounting anything else, I was using it as a tool. That should have been clear from none of the teams mentioning Yurkin. Plus there’s too few from several people to be solid. I’m not treating anything there as 100% (not even close to it), especially not D1.
I agree the 48h thing you’ve mentioned a few times is a problem.
Hopkirk
Hopkirk
Jack of All Trades
Hopkirk
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #398 (ISO) » Mon Feb 19, 2018 2:29 am

Post by Hopkirk »

@Nero/384: At the time you weren’t voting Kop. I was trying to work out if you weren’t voting him but knew he wasn’t V/LA. I believe you thought he was V/LA, so all is good.

@Fuzzy: Mom says she townread both Dunn and Kokichi based on an interaction they had. I don’t see why she townread them based on it. What do you think of the interaction they had, and Mom’s thoughts on it?
Almost50
Almost50
Monkey Business
Almost50
Monkey Business
Monkey Business

Post Post #399 (ISO) » Mon Feb 19, 2018 2:30 am

Post by Almost50 »

In post 397, Hopkirk wrote:Why aren’t you cutting Yurkin slack given he’s got 99 total posts on site?
Because it appears more systematic than random. It looks like a calculated move/play rather than random posting/lurking. Now even if that is his play style, I don't know that (yet), so I'm to go after him for it anyway. Maybe when I've played with him for another game or two and if I see that this is his usual I'd be more inclined to give him slack THEN based on my knowledge that it's NAI. Right now I'm more leaning it AI than not.

Return to “Completed Mini Theme Games”