Mini 1991: Taking Justice Into Our Own Hands (Town Win)

Fissure
Fissure
Goon
Fissure
Goon
Goon

Post Post #1250 (ISO) » Mon Feb 19, 2018 4:15 pm

Post by Fissure »

Eddie Cane
Eddie Cane
Jack of All Trades
Eddie Cane
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #1251 (ISO) » Mon Feb 19, 2018 4:46 pm

Post by Eddie Cane »

In post 1249, Lexa wrote:Eddie I'm not tryharding. I'm going to bed to wake up early for the new job first day and shit
I interpret this as "I'm scum and give up". if you're scum that's fine. if town, you getting mislynched d1 is not acceptable and it'll probably lead to me subbing eventually cause there's a lot of people here I don't like. please, for my sanity don't give up.
"Ima need to buy at least Josh a fucking tarot card reading because this dude is scary at picking up on scum before they even post what the fuck type of Ms. Cleo ass psychic ass mothafucka did yall allow to sign up for this site"
Eddie Cane
Eddie Cane
Jack of All Trades
Eddie Cane
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #1252 (ISO) » Mon Feb 19, 2018 4:46 pm

Post by Eddie Cane »

intent to hammer lexa if there's nothing amazing after I catch up
"Ima need to buy at least Josh a fucking tarot card reading because this dude is scary at picking up on scum before they even post what the fuck type of Ms. Cleo ass psychic ass mothafucka did yall allow to sign up for this site"
Fissure
Fissure
Goon
Fissure
Goon
Goon

Post Post #1253 (ISO) » Mon Feb 19, 2018 4:47 pm

Post by Fissure »

In post 1251, Eddie Cane wrote:
In post 1249, Lexa wrote:Eddie I'm not tryharding. I'm going to bed to wake up early for the new job first day and shit
I interpret this as "I'm scum and give up". if you're scum that's fine. if town, you getting mislynched d1 is not acceptable and it'll probably lead to me subbing eventually cause there's a lot of people here I don't like. please, for my sanity don't give up.
Well this seems towny
Fissure
Fissure
Goon
Fissure
Goon
Goon

Post Post #1254 (ISO) » Mon Feb 19, 2018 4:47 pm

Post by Fissure »

In post 1252, Eddie Cane wrote:intent to hammer lexa if there's nothing amazing after I catch up
Hint there isn't

Just hammer
Fissure
Fissure
Goon
Fissure
Goon
Goon

Post Post #1255 (ISO) » Mon Feb 19, 2018 4:48 pm

Post by Fissure »

Honestly Eddie "catching" Lexa

then not voting Lexa and pushing on my mislynch

Is pretty scummy

Considering that he should know better to discern alignment by play and not role
Eddie Cane
Eddie Cane
Jack of All Trades
Eddie Cane
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #1256 (ISO) » Mon Feb 19, 2018 4:48 pm

Post by Eddie Cane »

where did i push on your mislynch? I'm not voting you and unvoyed you long before I subbed in
Fissure
Fissure
Goon
Fissure
Goon
Goon

Post Post #1257 (ISO) » Mon Feb 19, 2018 4:49 pm

Post by Fissure »

In post 1256, Eddie Cane wrote:where did i push on your mislynch? I'm not voting you and unvoyed you long before I subbed in
Oh I thought you were voting me

Still I wonder if LExa flips scum, why you didn't continue to vote them
Eddie Cane
Eddie Cane
Jack of All Trades
Eddie Cane
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #1258 (ISO) » Mon Feb 19, 2018 4:51 pm

Post by Eddie Cane »

you'll see
Eddie Cane
Eddie Cane
Jack of All Trades
Eddie Cane
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #1259 (ISO) » Mon Feb 19, 2018 5:23 pm

Post by Eddie Cane »

In post 1032, Cedrick wrote:
In post 1027, Eddie Cane wrote:
In post 1026, Cedrick wrote:Eddie - You are town reading people I feel are likely scum. You are also town reading useless players. You aren’t really sorting people.
If you're town, I'm not townreading Fitz. Who else?

What useless players am I townreading, Zito and Havo?

I adamantly disagree I'm not sorting people, but let's start with this because my confidence in scum you dropped off.
You haven’t really tried to sort fitz. We covered this you aren’t really sorting Zito or havo either. Zito made 1 post which could have easily been made by scum. Zito is a smart and very experienced player and I think he is capable of way more than he has given us.

Nsg/Alex/Awoo are all higher on your reads list than they should be and mumble being number uno town read is just bat shit crazy.

Idk why you keep mentioning your scum read on me is going away. If you were town you wouldn’t have scum read me to begin with.

Only way I can work with you is if somebody gets an inno on you which isn’t likely since there is no cop.

As for fitz scum. I honestly can’t remember if I’ve played with him as scum.
What do you consider "sorting", then? Like, I feel I've sorted Fitz, Zito, and Havo, I don't understand what not actively sorting people means from your pov. Do you want every little part of my thought process? "this posts pings 70.3% town, but it is counterweighed by this one, thus zito is town with a 67% confidence"?

NSG dropped a bit for disappearing. At the time, it was fine. Alex is lower by a lot now. At the time, I was happy with it, his posts were not pingy on the first read at all. Awoo ... was fine? That was before their activity majorly dropped off and I still don't scumread them? Mumble is blatant town and un cc'd protective, I don't see why that's so hard for you to contemplate.

I wouldn't have scumread you to begin with? You're literally getting townread because I don't think scum would be that belligerently stupid and you are tonally dumbass town. As in, your tone is that of a dumbass who is aligned with town. After a couple days away from the thread I'm reviewing that because iirc Robb said he plays the same way as his town game as scum, need to think about that. You aren't robb, of course, but you're an anonymous alt of a completely different player and maybe I'll see some parallels in robbs' scum game :roll:

Lame, because you might not have but Robb has and I was going to give a lot of credence to your argument. It was a loaded question. Alas.
In post 1033, Awoo wrote:
Havo wrote:This is gonna sound weird, but it’s like a few of his posts are too polished.
Not weird at all, 10/10 observation, I overpolish posts as scum. Very good statement. Standing ovation. Nominated for an award.

I'll read alex sometime in the next month with this in mind. Thank you for your contribution.
lol
In post 1035, Awoo wrote:
Only way I can work with you is if somebody gets an inno on you which isn’t likely since there is no cop.
Might be a gunsmith :?

Yeah yeah! good posts on alex!! but GNR is the guy today I think we will lynch ;)

Yo im gonna read alex within the WEEK now! this is mad interesting!
But I could be a mafia Traitor :thinking:
In post 1036, rb wrote:But it's quite true, no?

Sometimes people act or play in ways that are truly hard to read, and saying that you're gut reading someone through their weird play doesn't seem fence-sitty so much as it feels like honesty.

I have null reads too, or people I can't quite get a handle on and I often 'chunk' the playerlist down to people whose behaviour I feel I can read (as either town or scum) and players I can't - and I don't talk much of the ones I can't until I have to, and I hope others with a different perspective can read that particular player better than me.

Some people talk about ALL slots though, and those that do will naturally seem less confident, because they're talking more about hard to read slots.

I often come across as really confident, but that's a symptom of the fact that I talk only about the slots I'm more confident reading while I let other slots 'evolve' internally.
Talking about all slots is good play. It is incredibly annoying for me when people don't acknowledge some people existing and it is anti-town because if scum replicates it they can avoid taking stances.
In post 1037, Luca Blight wrote:Yeah, it was just worded awkwardly and needlessly so imo.

I'm actually scumreading Lexa more based on her confidence that Alex is Town - he made a couple of decent posts and Lexa was so quick to hard townread it as if she wanted the credit for it or something.
I soft townread them the first time, but yes, that extreme confidence was odd. I think I mentioned that somewhere. :shrug:
In post 1051, Luca Blight wrote:
In post 1047, Lexa wrote:Like I don't really give a shit if someone scum reads me or cases me of that post gives me an indication of what alignment they are. If I can sort them as town I don't need to think about the post beyond that, if I call them out on it something is catching my eye or needs to be clarified
So you're basically saying you never respond to anyone's suspicion/points made against you?

It just seems peculiar to praise a strong townread's reasoning for suspecting you without any sort of explanation on your part.

Cane seems to know your meta like the back of his hand so I guess he can answer if this is normal for you.
If what specifically is normal? Not responding to suspicions or points made against you is not something I will ever be alright with regardless of if its meta or not, and if Lexa did that I haven't seen that from her before IIRC (as either alignment) but it deserves to be pushed on principle. Not defending yourself is not something you should brush away to playstyle, and I'm sure Lexa is smart enough to know that. Where did this happen? I don't recall it.
In post 1059, Beefster wrote:
Fissure replaces Guy_Named_Riggs

Play nice. Play fair. Have fun.

Wow. You joined today. Ballsy jumping into a 43-page game like that.
fhuck
In post 1062, northsidegal wrote:@eddie, caught up now.
u here?
In post 1074, Fissure wrote:
In post 415, Eddie Cane wrote:Texas my eyes glaze over when I read your posts. That happens when you're scum. When you're town, you gamesolve and I nod my head and go along with it because we think similarily. this has been true in... every game i've seen you play on our home site? here, we've played together twice.

viewtopic.php?f=53&t=71319 - game with lexa on site. svs. he subbed d1... not a lot to say

viewtopic.php?f=55&t=71353 - game with lexa on site. t me v s him. vigged n1, not a lot to say. did that garbage wallpost, though it's a /little/ different from here, wrapped around a bunch of sparse comments.

i will give lexa credit: his play here is different than those games. and, on our home site, i think i've seen 6 or 7 of his game... and all were town except 1. in that 1, it was similar to here, very glossy and just in general weak thoughts. texas has a pretty shitty scum game, and a pretty damn good town game. he's not playing pretty damn good here, and that means he's very likely scum.
This is probably the best post I’ve seen so far
this is a start to what I'm showing you. his scum game is, well, those ones for example. not like horrendous, but not.good.
In post 1075, Fissure wrote:Mumble is probably town

Very towny claim

Lexa tbd
*shocker*
In post 1080, Fissure wrote:You guys are fucking idiots for lynching my slot

He’s not scummy at all

Up to page 26 from skim
don't remember what page this was, but yes actually, your slot is pretty scummy. specifically, none of his posts said anything of substance, was asked for reads, then flaked. that's a pretty damn clear potential pressure flake. however, if you're scum you're bussing Lexa here so that's fine, we can sort that out later.
In post 1099, Fissure wrote:Havo is missing the snark and fire I expect from his town game

He feels empty and under the radar

He’s not being as sarcastic at ALL

I think he finally fucking drew scum
Everyone one of lexas posts are bullshit
remind me to address this d2 if i'm alive please.
In post 1098, Luca Blight wrote:
In post 1082, Fissure wrote:Going for the easy way out and hoping a lurker slot flips scum

Nice
This seems like a scum slip to me - he's scumreading me, yet says here I'm
'hoping
' his slot flips town?

He's talking as if he knows I'm town, yet he's scumreading me.
oh, shut up
In post 1107, Fissure wrote:I’m basing my read on Luca solely on the fact he was nightkilled night 1 in an MU game so I’m making the assumption he’s somewhat decent and not the kind of player to post trash like that

Eddie help me with this
i don't think i've played with luca, at least in a while. i have read some of his games, nothing in depth. why specifically eddie?
In post 1128, Fissure wrote:I’m going to sleep

I hope my thought process is villagery enough to stop the lynch

If not lolms

Lynch lexa

Odd night watcher my ass

Probably a scum odd night watcher
aren't your town and scum games indistinguishable to the naked eye? :roll:
In post 1171, Papa Zito wrote:oh jfc I'm playing with Mulch non o non onon onononon
:P
In post 1190, Fissure wrote:Can you grow up

I probably dislike you more than you do me

Let’s play some werewolf
Can I grow up? I thought it was pretty clear I didn't want to play with you again for a while. You subbed into a game with me, for god know's what reason. I'm going to try and tolerate it, but like, really not cool.
In post 1203, Fissure wrote:
In post 1202, Cedrick wrote:That’s not what I’ve heard. Could you link one game where you actually helped town win?
Sure

You could also just ask people that have played with me before
In post 1201, Fissure wrote:Also

I may be unliked

I tend to have >>>rand reads
I don't know about that strong, but yea, Mulch does /typically/ have above average reads. The flaws in his game come from almost everything else, but his reads are decent.
In post 1209, Fissure wrote:
In post 1208, Luca Blight wrote:Fissure, explain to me why Mumble can't possibly be scum here?
I've played an entire scumgame with them as partners, and their play here is drastically different

unless they changed how they played in a couple months, there is no way they are scum here
why didn't you refer to this when catching up? For everyone else's reference, the game Mulch was partners with him was the game I was quoting earlier that made this town!Mumble.

In post 1213, Cedrick wrote:Did you win or lose that game? Was he Lynched?
and, once again, if you actually opened the game I linked you would have seen that was the game and scum won. NOT from good scum play.
In post 1242, Lexa wrote:VOTE: Mumble

let it die
and, if you were town, you would have sheeped my Mumble read. But, it's fine. I'm very sad you are scum this game, I miss playing with town texy :(
Eddie Cane
Eddie Cane
Jack of All Trades
Eddie Cane
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #1260 (ISO) » Mon Feb 19, 2018 5:26 pm

Post by Eddie Cane »

Spoiler:

Tbh, after that last post I give up on town Lexa. The above is what I was hoping for. Those are 3 examples from just 1 game of town!texas, 3 of many with it being a 20+ page iso (20 ppp iirc). I was giving him a chance, because he is my rock. Unfortunately, my rock is now going to play fish. He is incapable of posting like that as scum as far as I know, at least true over 10 scum games. It was never a worry for me because if he didn't do some kind of obvtownpost set by the end of day 1 then he'd just be scum. Unfortunately, that's the case.
Eddie Cane
Eddie Cane
Jack of All Trades
Eddie Cane
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #1261 (ISO) » Mon Feb 19, 2018 5:28 pm

Post by Eddie Cane »

Even just from those 3 posts, it should be black and white from this game. As I said earlier, a respectable, good town player who has the charisma to lead. An awful, borderline incompetent scum player. It isn't as open and shut as that but it's pretty damn close.

VOTE: Lexa
Eddie Cane
Eddie Cane
Jack of All Trades
Eddie Cane
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #1262 (ISO) » Mon Feb 19, 2018 5:30 pm

Post by Eddie Cane »

I will try my best to stay in this game because I subbed in and it would be a dick move to sub out again, Mulch please make a conscious effort to not get on my nerves. I'm pretty sure you know what I mean by that.
Beefster
Beefster
Mafia Scum
Beefster
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1263 (ISO) » Mon Feb 19, 2018 5:41 pm

Post by Beefster »

A lynch has been achieved!

Official Vote Count 1-FINAL
Lexa
(7): havingfitz, Fissure, Mumble, rb, , ,
(LYNCHED)

Fissure
(2): Cedrick, Awoo
Cedrick
(1): Alexcellent
Mumble
(1):

Not Voting
(2): northsidegal, Papa Zito

Last edited by Beefster on Mon Feb 19, 2018 6:38 pm, edited 1 time in total.
On hiatus indefinitely. This was a nice distraction when I was working through my faith transition out of Mormonism, but I need to move on to bigger and better things now.
Get to know a meat boy
Beefster
Beefster
Mafia Scum
Beefster
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1264 (ISO) » Mon Feb 19, 2018 6:07 pm

Post by Beefster »

The townspeople debated among themselves for what seemed like days. They looked around the room for suspicious figures. Could it be the panda-faced man? Or is it the quiet guy in the corner? Perhaps it's the man with the bulky, muscular frame and glasses?

Attention shifted back to the woman with the painted face. She had a youthful glow to her, but something just seemed off. Further interrogation just made her seem all the more suspicious.

With a majority reached, the citizens grabbed her by the arms and legs and carried her off to the town square for her hanging.

In her strained dying breath, she cried, "I... thought... I... could... get... away... with... it..." and her body went limp and lifeless.

(I gave it my best shot. I'm really more of a technical writer)

Lexa was a
Mafia Goon

Night 1 Begins!

Day 2 will begin on February 21, 2018 at 10:30 PM MST (GMT -7)
That is in (expired on 2018-02-21 22:30:00)

If you have a power role, please submit your actions via PM before Day 2 begins.
On hiatus indefinitely. This was a nice distraction when I was working through my faith transition out of Mormonism, but I need to move on to bigger and better things now.
Get to know a meat boy
Beefster
Beefster
Mafia Scum
Beefster
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1265 (ISO) » Wed Feb 21, 2018 6:29 pm

Post by Beefster »

The townspeople gathered again in the morning, only to notice that one among them was missing. It was the panda-faced man. He was found dead on his front porch with a bullet hole straight through his forehead.

Upon closer inspection of his home, you discover medical equipment, including scalpels, soutures, and lots of prescription painkillers. But there was no sign of mafia ties.

Mumble was a
Town Doctor

Day 2 Begins!

Day 2 will end on March 7, 2018 at 10:30 PM MST (GMT -7)
That is in (expired on 2018-03-07 22:30:00)

Official Vote Count 2-0
Not Voting
(11): Alexcellent, Awoo, Cedrick, Fissure, havingfitz, Havo, Luca Blight, northsidegal, Eddie Cane, Papa Zito, rb

With 11 players alive, it takes 6 to lynch.

Deadline
: (expired on 2018-03-07 22:30:00)
Last edited by Beefster on Wed Feb 21, 2018 8:07 pm, edited 2 times in total.
Get to know a meat boy
Fissure
Fissure
Goon
Fissure
Goon
Goon

Post Post #1266 (ISO) » Wed Feb 21, 2018 6:35 pm

Post by Fissure »

VOTE: Papa Zito

I feel like we should maybe start here?
Luca Blight
Luca Blight
Survivor
Luca Blight
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #1267 (ISO) » Wed Feb 21, 2018 6:40 pm

Post by Luca Blight »

Based on what?
rb
rb
Survivor
rb
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #1268 (ISO) » Wed Feb 21, 2018 6:43 pm

Post by rb »

minus havo im actually at worst townleaning on that whole wagon
Fissure
Fissure
Goon
Fissure
Goon
Goon

Post Post #1269 (ISO) » Wed Feb 21, 2018 6:51 pm

Post by Fissure »

In post 1267, Luca Blight wrote:Based on what?
Basically his attitude towards the wagon

A little too theatrical and wishy washy imo

And found a bad reason to unvote it
Eddie Cane
Eddie Cane
Jack of All Trades
Eddie Cane
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #1270 (ISO) » Wed Feb 21, 2018 6:55 pm

Post by Eddie Cane »

Texas has played something like 6 games on this site and rolled scum virtually every time, heh

busy for day or 2
northsidegal
northsidegal
Survivor
northsidegal
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #1271 (ISO) » Wed Feb 21, 2018 7:02 pm

Post by northsidegal »

VOTE: awoo

thinking awoo has a good chance to be scum here, i noticed some weird dancing around the lexa wagon from him early game and i'd like to examine that again.

side note – will this finally be a normal game where town is the one that stomps scum?
wiki | modded | Newbie NewD3 Stats | scripts

things fall apart
Luca Blight
Luca Blight
Survivor
Luca Blight
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #1272 (ISO) » Wed Feb 21, 2018 7:13 pm

Post by Luca Blight »

NSG made this comment when Lexa was under fire and the leading wagon:
In post 1189, northsidegal wrote:Awoo, explain your read on me? You haven't really talked about that and that placement seems to me to run contrary to what's been said when we've interacted.
No mention of Lexa, who she apparently scumread, and trying to subtly divert attention elsewhere.

VOTE: NSG
Luca Blight
Luca Blight
Survivor
Luca Blight
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #1273 (ISO) » Wed Feb 21, 2018 7:16 pm

Post by Luca Blight »

UNVOTE:

VOTE: northsidegal

For the sake of the vote counter.
northsidegal
northsidegal
Survivor
northsidegal
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #1274 (ISO) » Wed Feb 21, 2018 7:30 pm

Post by northsidegal »

are you also making the point that my earlier interactions with lexa were scum/scum or distancing? because otherwise that seems like kind of an (and i mean no offense by this) ignorant vote – like you're focusing on something relatively minute and ignoring the rest of the context. that's not something i expect from you luca, so it's a little surprising.
wiki | modded | Newbie NewD3 Stats | scripts

things fall apart

Return to “Completed Mini Normal Games”