northsidegal
northsidegal
Survivor
northsidegal
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #102 (ISO) » Tue Feb 27, 2018 4:19 pm

Post by northsidegal »

for jumping on someone already under pressure for what seems to me to be something relatively minor.

pedit – everyone there is null right now with the caveat that i'm pretty confident that the bottom two will be easy to sort as this day progresses.
wiki | modded | Newbie NewD3 Stats | scripts

things fall apart
Almost50
Almost50
Monkey Business
Almost50
Monkey Business
Monkey Business

Post Post #103 (ISO) » Tue Feb 27, 2018 4:32 pm

Post by Almost50 »

In post 50, Gamma Emerald wrote:top tho
GDI, Gamma! STOP with that. Suffice it to say it's confusing the hell out of me! :facepalm:

Modded 2 Opens & 2 Large Themed games successfully.
RedFlavor
RedFlavor
Mafia Scum
RedFlavor
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #104 (ISO) » Tue Feb 27, 2018 4:42 pm

Post by RedFlavor »

VC 1.02
Jaydragonking(1):
Luca Blight
Creature(3):
Aneninen , Gamma Emerald , jmo16mla
Gamma Emerald(1):
pinturicchio
jmo16mla(2):
northsidegal , Mathdino
Not Voting:
Almost50, Creature, TheGoldenParadox, mutantdevle, jaydragonking

With 12 players alive, it takes 7 votes to lynch.

Day one ends Tuesday, March 13th at 1.20pm UTC or in (expired on 2018-03-13 16:20:00)

Mod Notes: If I see someone not having fun, they are going to get a strike. When someone reaches 1000000 strikes, they lose and get modkilled :D
TheGoldenParadox
TheGoldenParadox
he
Mafia Scum
TheGoldenParadox
he
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum
Pronoun: he

Post Post #105 (ISO) » Tue Feb 27, 2018 4:43 pm

Post by TheGoldenParadox »

VOTE: jmo
@mod can you post another votecount? :D

--sorry
TheGoldenParadox
TheGoldenParadox
he
Mafia Scum
TheGoldenParadox
he
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum
Pronoun: he

Post Post #106 (ISO) » Tue Feb 27, 2018 4:49 pm

Post by TheGoldenParadox »

In post 105, TheGoldenParadox wrote:
--sorry
lmao
jmo16mla
jmo16mla
Jack of All Trades
jmo16mla
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #107 (ISO) » Tue Feb 27, 2018 4:53 pm

Post by jmo16mla »

I'm an open book.

Putting pressure on a player who was already being pressured isn't a scum tell. I don't even think Jay was being pressured when I asked him about his motives for calling mutant scum.
town: 15:13 Scum 4:4
Luca Blight
Luca Blight
Survivor
Luca Blight
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #108 (ISO) » Tue Feb 27, 2018 5:18 pm

Post by Luca Blight »

In post 65, jmo16mla wrote:VOTE: luca blight

I want to get this to L-1.
This stinks.

In post 68, Mathdino wrote:Luca can be scum, yeah.
Based on what, exactly?
JaydragonKing
JaydragonKing
Mafia Scum
JaydragonKing
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #109 (ISO) » Tue Feb 27, 2018 5:22 pm

Post by JaydragonKing »

In post 105, TheGoldenParadox wrote:VOTE: jmo
@mod can you post another votecount? :D
You particularly waited for him to post something to do that to him, Paradox. You naughty boy.
jmo16mla
jmo16mla
Jack of All Trades
jmo16mla
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #110 (ISO) » Tue Feb 27, 2018 5:23 pm

Post by jmo16mla »

In post 108, Luca Blight wrote:

This stinks.

Based on what, exactly?
Hey, at least we are getting someone to L-1 and we aren't stagnant anymore!

Are you voting me purely because I wanted your wagon/creature wagon to get to L-1 or what?
Luca Blight
Luca Blight
Survivor
Luca Blight
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #111 (ISO) » Tue Feb 27, 2018 5:24 pm

Post by Luca Blight »

In post 54, jmo16mla wrote:
In post 51, JaydragonKing wrote:
In post 48, Gamma Emerald wrote:
In post 47, JaydragonKing wrote:Oh, Welcome Almost! Your just in time for the fuckery that will be page 3!

Oh, love that the Moderator literally links the post in which the person voted. Makes it much easier to fact check.
Fact check what?
Well obviously most people explain their reasoning for voting someone in that same post, so linking the post with the vote makes it so you can't really have an excuse to not look back at it.
This post is meh. You're acting like this is a great advantavge for town so we can "hold people to their word" but in reality, you can iso someone and it would literally be more informative.
'
Meh
'? Are you actually trying to read his alignment based on a post praising the mod for putting links in the vote count?
pinturicchio
pinturicchio
Mafia Scum
pinturicchio
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #112 (ISO) » Tue Feb 27, 2018 5:25 pm

Post by pinturicchio »

Hey guys, this is my first game out of the The Road To Rome, so I'm not used to this pace. I got lost with all the chit chat about older games, and I don't have metareadings of anyone because I haven't played with almost anyone here, with Gamma and TheGoldenParadox as an exception, so I can't help much with that, but I'll do my best! I'll read older games from anyone in my spare time, I promise.

As for the game, I only have a townread on Mathdino for now. I think his question about mafia having daytalk was genuine.

Elsa Jay, I have a question for you:
In post 75, JaydragonKing wrote:Now, if we build a wagon on Mutantdevle and he's hung, he'll either flip vanilla townie or scum, so I'll say what will happen if we do that.

If he flips scum: Great, we somehow did that on day one and we give town a huge advantage, especially if he's one of the Powerroles and not just the Goon.

If he flips town: we'll go into the night with the knowledge of who tried to easily push the wagon for different reasons and who opposed it for also different reasons for the Jailkeeper and Vigilante to figure out. Taking themselves out of the equation, they each have a 3/10 shot of hitting a Mafia. Which is good, but Mafia only have to try and shoot 3/8 people left not counting themselves of hitting a PR.
Maybe I'm missing something, but isn't this true with any wagon we do on this day? Is there any reason that this would be better if we lynch Mutant and not anyone else? I know you and Mathdino were talking about him, maybe that's why you used Mutant as an example, but this called my attention.
Luca Blight
Luca Blight
Survivor
Luca Blight
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #113 (ISO) » Tue Feb 27, 2018 5:26 pm

Post by Luca Blight »

In post 110, jmo16mla wrote:

This stinks.

Based on what, exactly?

Are you voting me purely because I wanted your wagon/creature wagon to get to L-1 or what?
I skimmed the thread and you stood out as someone just making comments that are actually pretty useless like the one I quoted above.

The fact you want to get me to L-1 not only based on nothing but when I wasn't even active at the time makes matters worse. You also drop that wagon at the first opportunity, which brings into question your motivation for doing it in the first place.
Luca Blight
Luca Blight
Survivor
Luca Blight
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #114 (ISO) » Tue Feb 27, 2018 5:30 pm

Post by Luca Blight »

In post 57, jmo16mla wrote:
In post 55, JaydragonKing wrote:Well at least I'm trying to start up a conversation here about topics that are game related.

And for the question about Mutant, I do the same exact thing as scum that I did once as town. I have no doubt in my mind he would do the same.
Right, you voting him has no basis then.

You look like you're trying to play the same way you did last game as town, so that means you've got to be scum... what?
Since when did votes need a solid basis? Your vote on me had literally none, and yet you wanted to get me to L-1.

What is the basis behind your Creature vote?
Mathdino
Mathdino
Survivor
Mathdino
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #115 (ISO) » Tue Feb 27, 2018 5:30 pm

Post by Mathdino »

In post 112, pinturicchio wrote:As for the game, I only have a townread on Mathdino for now. I think his question about mafia having daytalk was genuine.
What the fuck? That was fake, lol, of course I checked to see if mafia had daytalk before asking other players about what scum would daytalk about :lol:

I asked Jay about that newbie game because I forced a mislynchable player to townslip by asking them what mafia would be daytalking about in a setup without daytalk (at the time). I was hoping Jay would fall for the same trick here. He didn't, so all I have is that he's not scum with mutant.

I find it absolutely hilarious that one of the few insincere things in my ISO is the thing you're townreading me for :giggle: :giggle: :giggle:
jmo16mla
jmo16mla
Jack of All Trades
jmo16mla
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #116 (ISO) » Tue Feb 27, 2018 5:33 pm

Post by jmo16mla »

In post 111, Luca Blight wrote:
In post 54, jmo16mla wrote:
In post 51, JaydragonKing wrote:
In post 48, Gamma Emerald wrote:
In post 47, JaydragonKing wrote:Oh, Welcome Almost! Your just in time for the fuckery that will be page 3!

Oh, love that the Moderator literally links the post in which the person voted. Makes it much easier to fact check.
Fact check what?
Well obviously most people explain their reasoning for voting someone in that same post, so linking the post with the vote makes it so you can't really have an excuse to not look back at it.
This post is meh. You're acting like this is a great advantavge for town so we can "hold people to their word" but in reality, you can iso someone and it would literally be more informative.
'
Meh
'? Are you actually trying to read his alignment based on a post praising the mod for putting links in the vote count?
I read it as him trying too hard to sound town. By saying it, it keeps players and me looking for other things like this throughout the game. He acted like it was a hard thing to do to go back and iso someone for their general case.

So, yep. Was it agressive? Sure. Was the game more stagnant than what I wanted it to be? Yep.

I hate RVS with a passion and pressuring just about everything out of the gate seems to help get the game off the ground. Hence me wagoning creature and then trying to get one on you.
jmo16mla
jmo16mla
Jack of All Trades
jmo16mla
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #117 (ISO) » Tue Feb 27, 2018 5:35 pm

Post by jmo16mla »

In post 114, Luca Blight wrote:
In post 55, JaydragonKing wrote:Well at least I'm trying to start up a conversation here about topics that are game related.

And for the question about Mutant, I do the same exact thing as scum that I did once as town. I have no doubt in my mind he would do the same.

You look like you're trying to play the same way you did last game as town, so that means you've got to be scum... what?
Since when did votes need a solid basis? Your vote on me had literally none, and yet you wanted to get me to L-1.

I feel like I've already explained this:(

Vote on creature and your vote is explained above.
Luca Blight
Luca Blight
Survivor
Luca Blight
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #118 (ISO) » Tue Feb 27, 2018 5:36 pm

Post by Luca Blight »

In post 66, jmo16mla wrote:I'm willing to let go of Jay right now.
What is your thought-process behind this; why did you decide to let Jay go here, and what is your read of Jay at this point?
pinturicchio
pinturicchio
Mafia Scum
pinturicchio
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #119 (ISO) » Tue Feb 27, 2018 5:36 pm

Post by pinturicchio »

In post 115, Mathdino wrote:
In post 112, pinturicchio wrote:As for the game, I only have a townread on Mathdino for now. I think his question about mafia having daytalk was genuine.
What the fuck? That was fake, lol, of course I checked to see if mafia had daytalk before asking other players about what scum would daytalk about :lol:

I asked Jay about that newbie game because I forced a mislynchable player to townslip by asking them what mafia would be daytalking about in a setup without daytalk (at the time). I was hoping Jay would fall for the same trick here. He didn't, so all I have is that he's not scum with mutant.

I find it absolutely hilarious that one of the few insincere things in my ISO is the thing you're townreading me for :giggle: :giggle: :giggle:
Wow, I feel dumb now then haha. Well, you telling me that was fake gives me a good feeling about you. If I were scum and someone gave me credit for something I faked, I wouldn't take the time to reply that (taking the possible WIFOM of the situation, of course). How did you make the conclusion they are not partners in crime?
Luca Blight
Luca Blight
Survivor
Luca Blight
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #120 (ISO) » Tue Feb 27, 2018 5:37 pm

Post by Luca Blight »

In post 117, jmo16mla wrote:

I was kind of pointing out the contradiction/hypocrisy - you slate Jay for not having a basis behind his vote yet you have none for your own votes.
Luca Blight
Luca Blight
Survivor
Luca Blight
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #121 (ISO) » Tue Feb 27, 2018 5:45 pm

Post by Luca Blight »

Spoiler:
In post 96, jmo16mla wrote:
In post 94, northsidegal wrote:VOTE: jmo

Feel better about my vote being here.
Woo! :D
In post 100, jmo16mla wrote:For pressuring Jays motives and reasonings? :/
In post 110, jmo16mla wrote:

This stinks.

Based on what, exactly?

These reactions to being voted ping me a bit as well - it feels unnatural.
JaydragonKing
JaydragonKing
Mafia Scum
JaydragonKing
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #122 (ISO) » Tue Feb 27, 2018 5:53 pm

Post by JaydragonKing »

In post 112, pinturicchio wrote:Hey guys, this is my first game out of the The Road To Rome, so I'm not used to this pace. I got lost with all the chit chat about older games, and I don't have metareadings of anyone because I haven't played with almost anyone here, with Gamma and TheGoldenParadox as an exception, so I can't help much with that, but I'll do my best! I'll read older games from anyone in my spare time, I promise.

As for the game, I only have a townread on Mathdino for now. I think his question about mafia having daytalk was genuine.

Elsa Jay, I have a question for you:
In post 75, JaydragonKing wrote:Now, if we build a wagon on Mutantdevle and he's hung, he'll either flip vanilla townie or scum, so I'll say what will happen if we do that.

If he flips scum: Great, we somehow did that on day one and we give town a huge advantage, especially if he's one of the Powerroles and not just the Goon.

If he flips town: we'll go into the night with the knowledge of who tried to easily push the wagon for different reasons and who opposed it for also different reasons for the Jailkeeper and Vigilante to figure out. Taking themselves out of the equation, they each have a 3/10 shot of hitting a Mafia. Which is good, but Mafia only have to try and shoot 3/8 people left not counting themselves of hitting a PR.
Maybe I'm missing something, but isn't this true with any wagon we do on this day? Is there any reason that this would be better if we lynch Mutant and not anyone else? I know you and Mathdino were talking about him, maybe that's why you used Mutant as an example, but this called my attention.
Well first of all, welcome! I had my first game a little over three months ago, so I hope your enjoying Mafia too. You never have to look back at the Newbie Queue again, like I did. Well you can, of course. Up to you.

And your right, it did apply to anyone who got hung, those would have been the odds going into the night. Putting a name to something for an example always makes it easier to understand though.

And a final tip: I also got annoyed when I was a noob and everyone was talking about older games like a month ago yet look at me now! It'll come with experience, I think.

Now if you'll just follow everything I say to a "T", we'll be fine!
Mathdino
Mathdino
Survivor
Mathdino
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #123 (ISO) » Tue Feb 27, 2018 5:59 pm

Post by Mathdino »

In post 108, Luca Blight wrote:Based on what, exactly?
Based on an unfounded gutping from your first post.
jmo16mla
jmo16mla
Jack of All Trades
jmo16mla
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #124 (ISO) » Tue Feb 27, 2018 6:13 pm

Post by jmo16mla »

In post 120, Luca Blight wrote:
In post 117, jmo16mla wrote:

I was kind of pointing out the contradiction/hypocrisy - you slate Jay for not having a basis behind his vote yet you have none for your own votes.
Jay tried to have reasoning behind his. I didn't think it was legit. I stated this.

Return to “Completed Open Games”