Moon Walker
Titus
She/her
Moon Walker
Moon Walker
Pronoun: She/her

Post Post #3325 (ISO) » Tue Feb 27, 2018 1:44 pm

Post by Titus »

Hey kids, Eddie MFin Cane here. This game is hard because people are being so obstructionist. Math being godkilled is insanely annoying, but what can you do.
As always, Titus's thoughts will be separated. Meant to have this up a few days ago but got stuck in various work emergencies.

Kill Analysis

Night 1

Eddie: A50 kill makes sense with Math being town (shocker). Broke up a solid townbloc. Bins looks worse. Bulba looks a little worse. Nothing groundbreaking.
I kinda see Bins when looking through on the VCA but I kinda feel tonally she's town. Always wrong townie or scum? Definitely has to be out of the townblock. Not sure why Bulba looks worse.

Night 2

Eddie:T-Bone kill is ... odd. Maybe scum caught a crumb we didn't? T-Bone was unlikely to ever get lynched, after Titus expressed our team's desire not to pursue T-Bone anymore and went more towards the scum!Radja camp. Makes CK and Radja look wrose.
Titus: I see where Eddie is coming from, but I'd see us as a more likely kill in that scenario. We've been repeatedly angle pushed for consistently vetoing town lynches while tunnelling Radja. So I can't say Radja looks worse from the TBone kill and TBone didn't have the desire to go after Chesskid.
The Modkill

Note: We're not commenting on the circumstances but only that we know he's town.

Eddie: Mathdino mindmelded with me a shit ton this game. If you expect me to ignore his thoughts now that he's dead, fuck you. In he lamented a lynch order of Elena > Bins > T-Bone > Titus > Bulbazak > Radja/chesskid. Now, this is Bins > Titus > Bulba > Radja / CK. Again, looks worse on Bins/Radja/CK as well as (tit)Us and Bulba. is also good as a defense to our slot (lol) but his reads are pretty off from mine and Math's. :shrug: GL a good player so something to keep in mind.

Titus: Well, I'll take a more reserved approach. Mathdino was never a scum target but universally townread. So he was likely wrong somewhere. Still, I love the general approach of listening to townreads. Remind me to set a time with you to go through all the reads to see if they were killed or if scum pushed a lynch for being correct. I want to see if that holds for Elena.

Other Thoughts

Eddie feels that Smociane vote parked LLD. If chesskid could relay the teams thoughts at that point, that would be awesome as it might explain what Eddie feels is a votepark.

Maria lives matter! Having Bins / Dunker / Titus / T-Bone as a town core is really good of Maria because I have Dunker as strong town. Does throw a wrench in scum!Bins though :d. Wanting to lynch Key and Math is annoying because it hurts my impression that Key is incredibly obvious town and town!key means Maria was flat out wrong. Actually, read further, Bulba and Xyzzy top 2 s cumreads is alright. Not great, but alright.

Titus's thoughts...

If Elena was lynched because town disagreed with her and scum coasted, then the accuracy of her reads does not mean much. Yet, if scum drummed up the Elena wagon and sat back then that would be beneficial. It's worth another read through of the Elena wagon knowing she's town.

So, fun stuff, reads time! There's 7 townies and 2 scummies to sort, so those aren't bad odds. I will say, my reads are a lot weaker in this game than they usually are, but dunno. Still feel alright with where I'm at. Most of my strong townreads are dying (Math / A50) which is awesome [/sarcasm]
Key is town from play imo. Regardless, Fire flipping scum in the other game makes Key a lot more likely town. I am accounting for Chara / Elena, along with Titus, but still think this slot is hard town. <-- I'm agreeing to respect this for now. I just hate RC's basic inattention or discussing to this game and sudden "my bad/reaction test" and then leaving.
Dunker is still quite town. Pushing against Elena looks good. <-- Agreed here
It is bad I could see anyone after this being scum very easily, but that makes me feel better about these two reads at least.
Bulba still seems quite townie. Don't understand the points against him really. Requesting Mastina and Thor to give this game time, it is needed if you (bulba) are town.
CDB still pretty townie but really needs to participate more. Singer is one of the best people in TM18, get her to read this game pretty please. Fench / Pat / CES are also all good, you have one of the strongest teams so I think it is really important you get them to participate here as the second game came to a close and TM is winding down. Tell Patrick particularly Eddie requests he reads this.

After this, it gets a lot harder. {Archwing / Xyzzy / CK / Radja / Bins} hopefully contains both scum, making {Titus / Keychain / Bulba / CDB / Dunker} the townbloc. Unfortunately, not confident enough to lock that off , but it is a starting place. Isn't Bins supposed to be an easy read? :shrug:
It is sad, because I am not confident calling anyone in this group town. The thing that makes Radja the towniest is that I would think every one of his teammates except Cheet takes scum over him; Reck / Hip flipped town and both have particularly good scum games supposedly. I think he's probably town cause of that. The problem is, that Titus case was really bad and Cheet / TSQ / Reck / Hip are all good players; this is another one of the top teams, and the slot has been completely useless. I want in depth stuff from Reck and Cheet at least who are dead and done; Hip and TSQ would be nice too. Solve the game, you have the capability. Case CK for me. And, most importantly, explain what changed your mind about our slot and why you were so sure we were scum.
Radja does have a lot of individual scum equity, so I'm happy looking there today. Radja v CK as the wagons today would be awesome. I want to see them 1v1 and tryhard. CK has a lot of town points, so he can be the towniest in this pool until Radja shows me otherwise
Archwing should be town, but UCV refusing to swap with Creature, awful supposed reads from Creature on the rare chance they come up, and UCV's very weird Fitz stuff... dunno. Can be 3rd. Creature, do more. Sort the game as if I'm town, tell me what you think. We need your stream of consciousness to sort you.
Then, there's Xyzzy and Bins. I need someone else to show me why Bins is town, because the reads on that slot are the most bipolar things in the game. I see lock town and lock scum everywhere. I just can't see it right now, scum!Mariar was the nail in the coffin for me. Xyzzy has been useless all game and has trash reads.
All in all,
{Key / Dunker}
{CDB / Bulba}
{Archwing / CK / Radja}
{Bins / Xyzzy}
And what's worst is I can see Bulba scum argument too, which is really bad because it shows just how bad my reads could be. Urgh. Slots, stop being scummY!! :frowning: ):

Titus's reads

Dunker/Mina (formerly CDB)/chesskid
Bulba

Bins
Archwing ZZYZ Radja
Show
The scum had the misfortune of Titus being absurdly accurate on day one.Really quite impressed by that.~Drixx

You're letting Titus win the game by herself.Good luck now I guess.You have no chance to win.~Tywin

GTKTitus Part 2
Titus Academy

VLA Friday nights until Sunday morning.

All hail the Scum Empress!
chesskid3
chesskid3
Survivor
chesskid3
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #3326 (ISO) » Tue Feb 27, 2018 2:09 pm

Post by chesskid3 »

if im ur 3rd strongest TR why are you asking me to 1v1 Radja?

Like, if you want to restore some sanity making it clear that they'll have to nightkill me is good

it's probably also proscum too but I just don't have the every day screaming in me this game so if we could just lynch scum and I'll get NKed that works for me
Papa Zito - "Your signature has been blanked...we remove signatures at a users request if said signature references them, or if it quotes from a thread in the Speakeasy, which is not allowed without permission of the poster"
Titus
Titus
She/her
Moon Walker
Titus
She/her
Moon Walker
Moon Walker

Post Post #3327 (ISO) » Tue Feb 27, 2018 2:19 pm

Post by Titus »

In post 3326, chesskid3 wrote:if im ur 3rd strongest TR why are you asking me to 1v1 Radja?

Like, if you want to restore some sanity making it clear that they'll have to nightkill me is good

it's probably also proscum too but I just don't have the every day screaming in me this game so if we could just lynch scum and I'll get NKed that works for me
Is this to me?
Show
The scum had the misfortune of Titus being absurdly accurate on day one.Really quite impressed by that.~Drixx

You're letting Titus win the game by herself.Good luck now I guess.You have no chance to win.~Tywin

GTKTitus Part 2
Titus Academy

chesskid3
chesskid3
Survivor
chesskid3
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #3328 (ISO) » Tue Feb 27, 2018 2:24 pm

Post by chesskid3 »

si papi
Papa Zito - "Your signature has been blanked...we remove signatures at a users request if said signature references them, or if it quotes from a thread in the Speakeasy, which is not allowed without permission of the poster"
Bins
Bins
Survivor
Bins
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #3329 (ISO) » Tue Feb 27, 2018 3:33 pm

Post by Bins »

In post 3308, Mina wrote:Oh, one last thing--reasons why everyone thinks Dunkerdoodle is town?
If scum Dunker just annoying deathtunnels me, well. Uh. I think it's just lazy town.

I would honestly do a lynch in Radja or Chesskid.

Would do.
is this where I tell you to swipe right

gtkas
Bins
Bins
Survivor
Bins
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #3330 (ISO) » Tue Feb 27, 2018 3:34 pm

Post by Bins »

ALSO

T-Bone dying. Did I mention how much that hurts me? Yeah. Well. Eat it up. It hurts me very much. I didn't see it coming and for him to flip PR makes me think I was just missing something and have been way more out of touch than I thought.
It also means the more strong town reads I have need to be much more active in the gamesolving.

gtkas
Bins
Bins
Survivor
Bins
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #3331 (ISO) » Tue Feb 27, 2018 3:36 pm

Post by Bins »

In post 3325, Titus wrote:Isn't Bins supposed to be an easy read?
Am I supposed to comment on this if you're reading me wrong? Because that's pretty funny.

gtkas
chesskid3
chesskid3
Survivor
chesskid3
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #3332 (ISO) » Tue Feb 27, 2018 3:39 pm

Post by chesskid3 »

In post 3329, Bins wrote:I would honestly do a lynch in Radja or Chesskid.
I think I responded to this before but you didn't reply to me there either

was that the only thing giving me pause there is if Radja is town then the natural course of this game is straight to MYLO

I mean ehh idk if Radja flips town I can probably shout down my wagon tomorrow but still not a good thing to have going into that situation

Which is normally FINE but the game seems content with going this route which leaves a lot of room for scum to sit in the content people
Titus
Titus
She/her
Moon Walker
Titus
She/her
Moon Walker
Moon Walker

Post Post #3333 (ISO) » Tue Feb 27, 2018 3:41 pm

Post by Titus »

In post 3328, chesskid3 wrote:si papi
I am not in favor of a day long one v one. I just think you are town and he has a decent chance of being scum.
Show

GTKTitus Part 2
Titus Academy

chesskid3
chesskid3
Survivor
chesskid3
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #3334 (ISO) » Tue Feb 27, 2018 3:42 pm

Post by chesskid3 »

In post 3325, Titus wrote:Eddie feels that Smociane vote parked LLD. If chesskid could relay the teams thoughts at that point, that would be awesome as it might explain what Eddie feels is a votepark.
I have literally nothing to give you on this one btw

Smocaine has been all but MIA from the team PT since I swapped in here

he jebaited me once or twice by offering to explain his reads and then never did
Bins
Bins
Survivor
Bins
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #3335 (ISO) » Tue Feb 27, 2018 3:43 pm

Post by Bins »

Radja just hit the point for me where he's either really really town or really really scum. It was really similar to how I was feeling about T-Bone. I'm stuck. \o/

gtkas
chesskid3
chesskid3
Survivor
chesskid3
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #3336 (ISO) » Tue Feb 27, 2018 3:44 pm

Post by chesskid3 »

do u see what i'm saying though like

I think u share my 'something's off' feeling here

but you aren't helping that :X
chesskid3
chesskid3
Survivor
chesskid3
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #3337 (ISO) » Tue Feb 27, 2018 3:44 pm

Post by chesskid3 »

not that I think ur a scumbutt

but

TWO PEOPLE HERE ARE
Bins
Bins
Survivor
Bins
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #3338 (ISO) » Tue Feb 27, 2018 3:46 pm

Post by Bins »

In post 3325, Titus wrote:{Key / Dunker}
{CDB / Bulba}
{Archwing / CK / Radja}
{Bins / Xyzzy}
tbf I actually agree with this until it gets to the bottom.

p-edit --
Specifically, I don't like how Radja reacted to me and I don't like how he hammered and how he felt the need to explain it. The whole super defensive thing reminded me of my read on T-Bone (when T-Bone did the whole "I'm not getting defensive" thing).

But I'm also not sure that makes him scum.
Right? Idk.

gtkas
xyzzy
xyzzy
they/them
comical third option
xyzzy
they/them
comical third option
comical third option
Pronoun: they/them

Post Post #3339 (ISO) » Tue Feb 27, 2018 4:58 pm

Post by xyzzy »

Bins what don't you like about Radja's hammer? I get where you're coming from with the defensive thing but the hammer itself feels like a completely reasonable choice to have made in that situation
xyzzy
xyzzy
they/them
comical third option
xyzzy
they/them
comical third option
comical third option
Pronoun: they/them

Post Post #3340 (ISO) » Tue Feb 27, 2018 4:59 pm

Post by xyzzy »

also

Keychain
Keychain
she/her
Mafia Scum
Keychain
she/her
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum
Pronoun: she/her

Post Post #3341 (ISO) » Tue Feb 27, 2018 5:41 pm

Post by Keychain »

@xyzzy:
In post 3283, Keychain wrote:
@xyzzy:
where are your reads at on Bins and Bulba?
I would still like an answer. You had Bins as top town in but paired with Titus in that random Gamma read in where you gave no indication whether you disagreed with him scumreading someone who was apparently your top townread. You had Bulba at the bottom (since T-Bone is dead and confirmed town) in but you're not voting there now. It seems a lot like you're not pushing there because the support has largely died, which doesn't make a lot of sense from town early in the day after a mislynch.
Like I'm not really following your reads at all. Help me out please.

In post 3289, Archwing wrote:@keychain, can you give me a 3-player lynch pool?
Hmm.
Right now I'd say xyzzy/Radja/you, but I'm not confident in that right now. Can't decide if Mina and/or Bulba should be in there somewhere.

In post 3303, Mina wrote:Hi, everyone! I literally hate Mafia and haven't played it in two years and I literally hate it. I'm replacing into a 130-page game to bash my head against a wall until my skull is a bloody pulp as performance art for you all.
Ummm well welcome! Bye, CBD.
You're under no obligation to be the same person you were 5 minutes ago.
Keychain
Keychain
she/her
Mafia Scum
Keychain
she/her
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum
Pronoun: she/her

Post Post #3342 (ISO) » Tue Feb 27, 2018 5:41 pm

Post by Keychain »

VOTE: xyzzy
You're under no obligation to be the same person you were 5 minutes ago.
Bins
Bins
Survivor
Bins
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #3343 (ISO) » Tue Feb 27, 2018 5:41 pm

Post by Bins »

I meant more the justification with the discord chat felt sort of unnecessary

Meh, reading it through I can kind of buy it.

gtkas
Dunkerdoodles
Dunkerdoodles
Mafia Scum
Dunkerdoodles
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #3344 (ISO) » Tue Feb 27, 2018 7:26 pm

Post by Dunkerdoodles »

In post 3308, Mina wrote:Oh, one last thing--reasons why everyone thinks Dunkerdoodle is town?
I have no idea
but i'm not complaining
Dunkerdoodles
Dunkerdoodles
Mafia Scum
Dunkerdoodles
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #3345 (ISO) » Tue Feb 27, 2018 7:28 pm

Post by Dunkerdoodles »

radja/bins is my preferred lynch pool rn

also chess is probably just trolling scum so we can lynch that too
Bulbazak
Bulbazak
Survivor
Bulbazak
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #3346 (ISO) » Wed Feb 28, 2018 2:32 am

Post by Bulbazak »

In post 3269, chesskid3 wrote:
In post 3267, Bulbazak wrote:the end of the work day
wtf it's like 3
I usually work the 7-3 front desk shift. Generally I have time in between check outs and other duties, and that provides the best time for me to play. Yesterday was the exception, as I was busy the entire shift.
In post 3273, Titus wrote:
In post 3262, Bulbazak wrote:@Titus: Talk to me about Archwing. Your scumread seems to fly in the face of your VCA. Do you no longer think it's accurate?

Vote Xyzzy
I'm not sure where you think my Archwing read is counter to my VCA.

1) He (in his various forms) never voted LLD.
2) His slot has been largely silent while we wagoned Elena town and you whom I think is town.
3) His current SRs read like opportunistic fakery.
When I stated d2 that I felt there was scum on the LLD wagon, you stated the opposite, that you think scum were off the wagon, and you justified it via VCA. Now you're essentially agreeing with my original statement in regards to Archwing. I'm just wondering what changed.
In post 3274, Titus wrote: Voyager (former Arch) only changes when LLD inevitable.
I mean, I completely agree with you here. UCV's vote was horrible. And when I was going back over the VC n1, it stood out. That still doesn't change the fact that, prior to the end of d2, you didn't agree.
In post 3284, Archwing wrote: Can everyone give a 3-player lynch pool?
All I really have right now is {Xyzzy, Arch}. But I'm really not as confident as I'd like to be (well, maybe I am on Xyzzy. I haven't liked a thing I've seen from that slot so far.). I mean, maaaybe I could go for Radja, but I don't feel confident there and would just be sheeping to sheep. Regardless of my actual read or feeling on the Titus-slot, that is a no go for me today until I get my head cleared and can do a proper evaluation. And that's where I am today: reevaluating and hopefully doing what I wanted to do last dayphase. So I'm really not interested in saying "Here's my lynch pool and let's just murder it until it's gone!", especially after the Elena lynch yesterday.

Right now, the best I can say with certainty is that I have a town core of {CDB-slot, Bins, Dunker} that I don't ever want to lynch. I'm growing more fond of Key, but that's not a solid yet. And I'm okay with Chess's contributions so far, although granted, I haven't been looking super close at him. Yesterday was essentially me just playing on auto-pilot, and I wasn't playing to the level I wanted to. I was going off of a rough VCA and relying on the thoughts from my team and town reads in this game that Elena would pick scum, and I figured that it worked when I voted Fitz, maybe it'd work there as well. I always meant to use that as a base to build on attaining a better read, but that didn't happen.

So essentially yesterday was:

I'd like to avoid doing the same thing today, thanks.

And now with that over, back to work. I'm hoping I actually get more of a respite today.
Bulbazak is so town that everytime someone votes him Mastin coughs blood.
- Nachomamma8, Maniacal Street Mafia

V/LA during weekends. Now leave me alone!
chesskid3
chesskid3
Survivor
chesskid3
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #3347 (ISO) » Wed Feb 28, 2018 2:46 am

Post by chesskid3 »

dunker is adding to proving my point:X
Mina
Mina
The Shipwright
Mina
The Shipwright
The Shipwright

Post Post #3348 (ISO) » Wed Feb 28, 2018 3:29 am

Post by Mina »

Re: my entrance to the game, it occurred to me it probably made no sense to anyone since almost no one knows who I am. No, I'm not planning to troll the game. I'm just going to have lots of emotional breakdowns and anxiety over who to vote that will make me wonder why I agreed to this! Aren't you guys excited? ^_^ ^_^ ^_^

My team really liked Eddie's/Titus's thoughts (@Eddie: Patrick says he probably won't have time to read the whole game, but will probably take another look at it in a few nights, and also he's the one who pushed the Bulb case to CDB if you have questions). I really liked Bulb's recent post. (Maybe chesskid is right and I am biased toward people who say they townread my slot, though. :P) I think I'll refrain from giving more reads until I actually finish reading everything. Would appreciate chesskid and Bins meta links so I don't have to do digging and can focus on reading 100 pages, though. This is tough so far because most people seem to be on completely different wavelengths and don't agree on who the obvtown are.
Mina
Mina
The Shipwright
Mina
The Shipwright
The Shipwright

Post Post #3349 (ISO) » Wed Feb 28, 2018 3:39 am

Post by Mina »

Oh, and I just realized xyzzy is the Aeronaut replacement. Maybe they're scum? I haven't actually read any of their posts yet, though!

Return to “Team Mafia 2018”