Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #2475 (ISO) » Fri Jan 10, 2020 5:45 pm

Post by unwnd »

In post 2474, Nancy Drew 39 wrote:
In post 2473, unwnd wrote:
In post 2472, Nancy Drew 39 wrote:
In post 2466, pisskop wrote:
In post 2464, Nancy Drew 39 wrote:So because Krazy said Eddie did this, you’re just going to accept this as fact?
what? No, Im irritated people are actually more concerned about the hearsay of players in other games than the game itself.
I think it can be very helpful since I totally believe Eddie’s teammates’ reads are real.
I genuinely never want to read someone like this. I know it seems like I'm repeating myself but what's the benefit of doing so?
pisskop wrote:you gotta do a read, unwnd.

iso your predecessor, read your teammaf thread, or even just check out our rockin red pt.
I probably will but not before I make a fuss cause I'mjustlikethat
This is called Team Mafia for a reason.
My teammate(s) said 'this is stupid! They should talk to you instead of consulting us about what to do. We're here to help you where you need it but if you don't need help then I don't understand why our intervention is necessary!'
Stop
Nancy Drew 39
Nancy Drew 39
She/Her
Not that Inno Scent
Nancy Drew 39
She/Her
Not that Inno Scent
Not that Inno Scent
Pronoun: She/Her

Post Post #2476 (ISO) » Fri Jan 10, 2020 5:53 pm

Post by Nancy Drew 39 »

It’s one thing not to have those reads, a lot of us don’t but why is your team so adamantly opposed to it?
We just need to tread carefully because if you slip up around her as scum she notices and will tear your spine out and slap you to death with it. (I'm slightly scared of Nancy)
~the worst
Nancy is pretty heavenly ngl
~CheekyTeeky
Nancy-scum feels like a hot knife slicing through butter. Nancy-town feels like a magnifying glass in the sun glaring down at an insect.
~Taly
Micc
Micc
He/Him
Jack of All Trades
Micc
He/Him
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades
Pronoun: He/Him

Post Post #2477 (ISO) » Fri Jan 10, 2020 6:28 pm

Post by Micc »

Votecount 1.29
popsofctown (4) -
Amrun, Something_Smart, bob3141, Eddie Cane
Eddie Cane (4) -
popsofctown, unwnd, pisskop, Elsa Jay
Pine (3) -
Hectic, OkaPoka, Nancy Drew 39
DrDolittle (1) -
Titus
NaCl (1) -
Pine
Something_Smart (1) -
DrDolittle

Not Voting (1) -
NaCl

With 15 players alive it takes 8 votes to lynch.

The deadline for Day 1 is in (expired on 2020-01-16 22:00:00).
"To hide a tree, use a forest" -Ninja Boy Hideo
OkaPoka
OkaPoka
Survivor
OkaPoka
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #2478 (ISO) » Fri Jan 10, 2020 6:31 pm

Post by OkaPoka »

Someone iso krazy and see if he mentioned his teammates helping out
Nancy Drew 39
Nancy Drew 39
She/Her
Not that Inno Scent
Nancy Drew 39
She/Her
Not that Inno Scent
Not that Inno Scent

Post Post #2479 (ISO) » Fri Jan 10, 2020 6:45 pm

Post by Nancy Drew 39 »

In post 2478, OkaPoka wrote:Someone iso krazy and see if he mentioned his teammates helping out
He mentioned Maria and that she sr Pine.
We just need to tread carefully because if you slip up around her as scum she notices and will tear your spine out and slap you to death with it. (I'm slightly scared of Nancy)
~the worst
~CheekyTeeky
Nancy-scum feels like a hot knife slicing through butter. Nancy-town feels like a magnifying glass in the sun glaring down at an insect.
~Taly
Nancy Drew 39
Nancy Drew 39
She/Her
Not that Inno Scent
Nancy Drew 39
She/Her
Not that Inno Scent
Not that Inno Scent

Post Post #2480 (ISO) » Fri Jan 10, 2020 6:51 pm

Post by Nancy Drew 39 »

Spoiler:
In post 1339, Krazy wrote:
In post 615, Pine wrote:It doesn't. Krazy is competent, but using nominations as a basis for that opinion is just...not solid reasoning.
I think looking back this is what made me pause on Pine for a little bit, but looking at it now it seems kinda meh. I'm sure Pine is capable of some level of nuance but for the most part I haven't really felt like he's been genuinely trying to solve me. The other thing is that I have seen Pine have very good town games and very bad towngames but usually as town he swings more one way or the other. His reads here being sort of banal and his presence underwhelming matches a lot more how he usually feels as scum. I don't think his readrate on me is particularly good (he was wrong on me for most of Jingle's weird graveyard game thing) so I don't want to over-prioritize his read on me in particular but he's just said a lot of things at this point that feel forced or off one way or the other. I've tried to resolve some of my townreads arguing for him town and I'm not really seeing it

SS / Nancy
Titus / Amrun
Oka / DrD / Hectic
piss / Eddie / Elsa / pops / NaCL - sorting/reevaluation pool
bob
Pine

VOTE: Pine

Maria agrees with Pine scum even though she thinks piss needs to go more, I'm less certain
Shadoweh agrees that bob feels off but wasn't sure enough to argue I should be diving him
[/quote]

@Oka
~the worst
~CheekyTeeky
~Taly
OkaPoka
OkaPoka
Survivor
OkaPoka
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #2481 (ISO) » Fri Jan 10, 2020 9:17 pm

Post by OkaPoka »

VOTE: unwnd
OkaPoka
OkaPoka
Survivor
OkaPoka
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #2482 (ISO) » Fri Jan 10, 2020 9:18 pm

Post by OkaPoka »

@eddie its time for you to dunk
Amrun
Amrun
Killed the Radio Star
Amrun
Killed the Radio Star
Killed the Radio Star

Post Post #2483 (ISO) » Fri Jan 10, 2020 9:55 pm

Post by Amrun »

In post 2465, unwnd wrote:
In post 2458, Amrun wrote:
In post 2453, pisskop wrote:I think that the replacement is a good chance for people to re-evaluate their reads on the slot.
This is true but the problem is I’m not interested in anything the replacement has to say because he refused to read or even talk to his teammates about the game, and he’s not really trying to engage despite what he says. What does he want - people to ask him questions? About what? He hasn’t read, so there’s nothing to ask. Whatever reads he’s given from one page of content mean nothing to me because he lacks all the context.

It’s kind of annoying that someone replacd into this with no intent of reading.
So what you're saying that (my) normal approach to this game notwithstanding is essentially frivolous and I am wasting my time? I have an opinion that people might not agree on-- but most mechanics esp like this only to seem to be addressed in circumstance. If the circumstance is that (I am scummy, because I am not talking to my teammates / they are not talking to me) then I wish you could've said it outright instead of implying that I should know better.
Don’t misunderstand me. I don’t think this behavior is AI, just annoying.

If you survive to further game days, your reads will mean something, because you’ll have an OK amount of context, even if it’s not purpose.

But in THIS gamestate, where most people find your predecessor scummy but a few vehemently defend him, and when your slot could potentially be lynched, it is very frustrating. I didn’t have a good read of Krazy so I was hoping to read you but I don’t think anything you say will help much ~right now~. Maybe later but not now.

There is an argument to made that not reading etc is a strategic move to take the heat off since you can’t be held accountable etc but I don’t really believe that’s what’s going on. Just saying.
I survived
Tigerpocalypse 2011

Fusion Mafia, ongoing now.
Amrun
Amrun
Killed the Radio Star
Amrun
Killed the Radio Star
Killed the Radio Star

Post Post #2484 (ISO) » Fri Jan 10, 2020 9:56 pm

Post by Amrun »

It does beg the question “why did you replace into team mafia at all?” though.
I survived
Tigerpocalypse 2011

pisskop
pisskop
Survivor
pisskop
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #2485 (ISO) » Sat Jan 11, 2020 3:59 am

Post by pisskop »

[quote="In post 2484, Amrun"][/quote]
team maf isnt quite like regular maf.

Teams are supposed to supply replacements as necessary, and lose maf monies if the mod has to find one.
So favor calling is absolutely a thing.
beeboy - Everyone thought this game was made to troll pie but it was really made to troll pisskop.
Almost50 pisskop: Overall, that's a townie slot. Don't ask for specifics because with PK everything can be interpreted either way. It's probably WHEN he says/does things that matter, so it's more of a matter of conception rather than solid reasoning.
pisskop
pisskop
Survivor
pisskop
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #2486 (ISO) » Sat Jan 11, 2020 4:00 am

Post by pisskop »

That said, policy lynching can also be a thing

say i wont try
beeboy - Everyone thought this game was made to troll pie but it was really made to troll pisskop.
Almost50 pisskop: Overall, that's a townie slot. Don't ask for specifics because with PK everything can be interpreted either way. It's probably WHEN he says/does things that matter, so it's more of a matter of conception rather than solid reasoning.
NaCl
NaCl
Goon
NaCl
Goon
Goon

Post Post #2487 (ISO) » Sat Jan 11, 2020 5:08 am

Post by NaCl »

In post 2290, Eddie Cane wrote:I find the notion that people didnt auto tell their team their role hilarious. I still cant tell if people are being serious about that.
My team actually did a rotation thingy where some people are spoiled and some are unspoiled in each game and I felt really smart for bringing it up...

I'd thought it would be a good way of giving a variety of perspectives that can't be obtained from a single player.
In post 2302, Amrun wrote:
The above was from Pine.

My friend, all of bob’s posts sound like dry bread in disguise, always. Does that really make the bread bag empty? The bread bag is not empty here. It’s like hearty whole wheat bread with oats and pumpkin seeds and stuff. If the bread bag was empty, that would be when bob is scum.

And ignoring the content of his posts because they’re walls with typos and make your eyes glaze over is a mistake. When he’s town, he’s sharp.

I don’t like, and I don’t understand, this thought that you think pops is scummy, but it pops flips town, then I’m scum. I just had a game where scum set me up just like that and was mislynched in LyLo over it.

Being wrong doesn’t make someone scum, especially when it’s something you yourself agree with. ?!?

And pops posting lately has been BETTEr, not worse.
I agree with the argument pops was making and I was feeling it myself, but at the same time I don't trust pops enough to agree with it unless I know she's town. I don't think that she's trying to distance herself from you as S/S because this setup is incentivized not to bus and I don't see you in a position where you'd be able to get to endgame from bussing her. If she flips scum, then I strongly think you're town. But in either case, lynching her is far better than any of the other lynches because I think she's likely scum and even if not, I think it would give the most information.

Regarding bob, I just wanted to understand your thought process. I know he's had some good posts. But you didn't answer my question. I'm not as interested in reading on bob as I am on reading you.
In post 2307, Hectic wrote:@NaCl: I've seen him do a very similar type of VCA as town in a kinda recent large game. He just feels incredibly similar here, and his pushes and behaviour are all genuine imo.
Could you show me those links? Because I agree that his general behaviour has been towny from before, but you didn't answer the specific question I'd just asked you which was about those specific posts from bob and what you thought of them.
In post 2287, NaCl wrote:
In post 1779, popsofctown wrote:I said he would endgame me, and he quoted me saying he would endgame me and said "get fucked kid"

that is bragging about endgaming me
I think this is the most important post in the thread. Pops, Eddie, can you both tell me which one of Pops's posts in this thread was the next one she made after this was said in your hood? (I'm pretty sure this is within the rules but someone please stop this otherwise).
Pops, Eddie, do either of you want to answer this?
Nancy Drew 39
Nancy Drew 39
She/Her
Not that Inno Scent
Nancy Drew 39
She/Her
Not that Inno Scent
Not that Inno Scent

Post Post #2488 (ISO) » Sat Jan 11, 2020 5:20 am

Post by Nancy Drew 39 »

In post 2485, pisskop wrote:
team maf isnt quite like regular maf.

Teams are supposed to supply replacements as necessary, and lose maf monies if the mod has to find one.
So favor calling is absolutely a thing.
Seriously, you lose points if the mod has to find replacements? That really doesn’t sound fair. Fortunately, that’s extremely unlikely to be an issue for my team.
~the worst
~CheekyTeeky
~Taly
Nancy Drew 39
Nancy Drew 39
She/Her
Not that Inno Scent
Nancy Drew 39
She/Her
Not that Inno Scent
Not that Inno Scent

Post Post #2489 (ISO) » Sat Jan 11, 2020 5:25 am

Post by Nancy Drew 39 »

In post 2475, unwnd wrote:
In post 2474, Nancy Drew 39 wrote:
In post 2473, unwnd wrote:
In post 2472, Nancy Drew 39 wrote:
In post 2466, pisskop wrote:
In post 2464, Nancy Drew 39 wrote:So because Krazy said Eddie did this, you’re just going to accept this as fact?
what? No, Im irritated people are actually more concerned about the hearsay of players in other games than the game itself.
I think it can be very helpful since I totally believe Eddie’s teammates’ reads are real.
I genuinely never want to read someone like this. I know it seems like I'm repeating myself but what's the benefit of doing so?
pisskop wrote:you gotta do a read, unwnd.

iso your predecessor, read your teammaf thread, or even just check out our rockin red pt.
I probably will but not before I make a fuss cause I'mjustlikethat
This is called Team Mafia for a reason.
My teammate(s) said 'this is stupid! They should talk to you instead of consulting us about what to do. We're here to help you where you need it but if you don't need help then I don't understand why our intervention is necessary!'
I can’t help wondering why the 180 from Unwind’s team. They were fine with giving Krazy reads and suddenly they’re adamantly opposed? Why now?
~the worst
~CheekyTeeky
~Taly
unwnd
unwnd
Jack of All Trades
unwnd
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #2490 (ISO) » Sat Jan 11, 2020 6:32 am

Post by unwnd »

My last post was a half-truth. The reality of the situation is that I am personally opposed to receiving help but also they are no longer caught up with the game, therefore I would like to speak of my own merit.
Stop
unwnd
unwnd
Jack of All Trades
unwnd
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #2491 (ISO) » Sat Jan 11, 2020 6:37 am

Post by unwnd »

ND could you respond to my #2473 if we're on this subject?
Stop
Hectic
Hectic
Mad Hatter
Hectic
Mad Hatter
Mad Hatter

Post Post #2492 (ISO) » Sat Jan 11, 2020 6:38 am

Post by Hectic »

@NaCl: It was because of Bob's recent posts. I've seen this type of VCA from him before where he insists most wagons have 1 scum on them and tries to PoE using that logic. Mind you, I don't entirely agree with the theory, but his persistence about it is consistent with my other games with him. Though, I haven't actually played with scum!him so that's something to note.
Hectic
Hectic
Mad Hatter
Hectic
Mad Hatter
Mad Hatter

Post Post #2493 (ISO) » Sat Jan 11, 2020 6:39 am

Post by Hectic »

But also agree with I think it was SS saying Bob is actually interrogating and solving. I'll find the VCA in the large game later.
unwnd
unwnd
Jack of All Trades
unwnd
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #2494 (ISO) » Sat Jan 11, 2020 6:43 am

Post by unwnd »

In post 2483, Amrun wrote:
In post 2465, unwnd wrote:
In post 2458, Amrun wrote:
In post 2453, pisskop wrote:I think that the replacement is a good chance for people to re-evaluate their reads on the slot.
This is true but the problem is I’m not interested in anything the replacement has to say because he refused to read or even talk to his teammates about the game, and he’s not really trying to engage despite what he says. What does he want - people to ask him questions? About what? He hasn’t read, so there’s nothing to ask. Whatever reads he’s given from one page of content mean nothing to me because he lacks all the context.

It’s kind of annoying that someone replacd into this with no intent of reading.
So what you're saying that (my) normal approach to this game notwithstanding is essentially frivolous and I am wasting my time? I have an opinion that people might not agree on-- but most mechanics esp like this only to seem to be addressed in circumstance. If the circumstance is that (I am scummy, because I am not talking to my teammates / they are not talking to me) then I wish you could've said it outright instead of implying that I should know better.
Don’t misunderstand me. I don’t think this behavior is AI, just annoying.

If you survive to further game days, your reads will mean something, because you’ll have an OK amount of context, even if it’s not purpose.

But in THIS gamestate, where most people find your predecessor scummy but a few vehemently defend him, and when your slot could potentially be lynched, it is very frustrating. I didn’t have a good read of Krazy so I was hoping to read you but I don’t think anything you say will help much ~right now~. Maybe later but not now.

There is an argument to made that not reading etc is a strategic move to take the heat off since you can’t be held accountable etc but I don’t really believe that’s what’s going on. Just saying.
I would like to read everyone else with a fresh start. It's preference but when a game gets over a thousand posts and you replace in, trying to digging into previous arguments lose their essence. Like, the only thing I would really dig into is where votes happened and where they are now. I find that there's a ton of useless shite or things people can easily label off as 'in the past' so let's say I were to bring up something that happened in Idunno Page 20 and then the person responds 'well uh my opinion changed!' and then I essentially am back to here. I really do believe that most people from the skimming I have done want to see this game move on and feel dragged down from whatever happened before I replaced too.
Stop
Amrun
Amrun
Killed the Radio Star
Amrun
Killed the Radio Star
Killed the Radio Star

Post Post #2495 (ISO) » Sat Jan 11, 2020 7:24 am

Post by Amrun »

@NaCl: How didn’t I answer your question about bob? Can you be more specific, then? Because I thought I did.

That wall about me and pops not being s/s is fine and all, and factually accurate, but none of it says why if pops flips green then you’d suddenly scumread me.
I survived
Tigerpocalypse 2011

DrDolittle
DrDolittle
Jack of All Trades
DrDolittle
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #2496 (ISO) » Sat Jan 11, 2020 8:13 am

Post by DrDolittle »

What do I do when I dont support any of the wagons
DrDolittle
DrDolittle
Jack of All Trades
DrDolittle
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #2497 (ISO) » Sat Jan 11, 2020 8:14 am

Post by DrDolittle »

@amrun gnr gave me more information on how to read. I think I lean more town you here?
DrDolittle
DrDolittle
Jack of All Trades
DrDolittle
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #2498 (ISO) » Sat Jan 11, 2020 8:30 am

Post by DrDolittle »

VOTE: unwnd
NaCl
NaCl
Goon
NaCl
Goon
Goon

Post Post #2499 (ISO) » Sat Jan 11, 2020 8:53 am

Post by NaCl »

In post 2490, unwnd wrote:My last post was a half-truth. The reality of the situation is that I am personally opposed to receiving help but also they are no longer caught up with the game, therefore I would like to speak of my own merit.
Why didn't you just say that the first time, though?
In post 2492, Hectic wrote:@NaCl: It was because of Bob's recent posts. I've seen this type of VCA from him before where he insists most wagons have 1 scum on them and tries to PoE using that logic. Mind you, I don't entirely agree with the theory, but his persistence about it is consistent with my other games with him. Though, I haven't actually played with scum!him so that's something to note.
This is useful and I'll wait on seeing what you're specifically talking about before I say more.
In post 2495, Amrun wrote:@NaCl: How didn’t I answer your question about bob? Can you be more specific, then? Because I thought I did.

That wall about me and pops not being s/s is fine and all, and factually accurate, but none of it says why if pops flips green then you’d suddenly scumread me.
For bob, I was asking about his more recent posts. I mostly wanted to know if and were something you were townreading him of off and if so, why.

As for you, it's because I'd believe that if it came from someone else other than pops really easily. I'd feel much more confident in the lynch if I knew that she was town.

Return to “Team Mafia 2020”