[Game Over] Newbie 1784 - Escape Room

For Newbie Games, which have a set format and experienced moderators. Archived during the 2023 queue overhaul.
nancy
nancy
Jack of All Trades
nancy
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #2625 (ISO) » Thu Apr 20, 2017 7:29 pm

Post by nancy »

Pine also came out hard buddying me so I think that may be an indicator that he was aware that he needed to play outside standard meta.
:2017-2018:
hi meet my mafiascum gravestone, the flowers were probably left by camn or schadd or Prism, blow them kisses for me would you?
nancy
nancy
Jack of All Trades
nancy
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #2626 (ISO) » Thu Apr 20, 2017 7:30 pm

Post by nancy »

Noodle was also not bussed so anything Pine did if Noodle is scum was only distancing.
hi meet my mafiascum gravestone, the flowers were probably left by camn or schadd or Prism, blow them kisses for me would you?
Alisae
Alisae
lolbalance
Alisae
lolbalance
lolbalance

Post Post #2627 (ISO) » Thu Apr 20, 2017 7:33 pm

Post by Alisae »

That is true.
hmm...
GTKAS
| here.
nancy
nancy
Jack of All Trades
nancy
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #2628 (ISO) » Thu Apr 20, 2017 7:40 pm

Post by nancy »

scum!Srceenplay does not make any sense to me. WhyMafia is only scum in any meaningful way to me by his reaction to that early wagon and Pine associatives which are entirely fakeable by Pine. I would not be surprised if Tes flipped scum by the way that he has not scumhunted, does not appear to have any genuine reads (certainly no scumreads), and has tried to widen the lynchpool, but the earnest way that he responded to me asking for a readslist gave me townvibes. I want those to be my Towns for today.

If Ari continues to lurk like a scum!Ari then I would be willing to lynch there. Otherwise I cannot see a town!Noodle world.
Alisae
Alisae
lolbalance
Alisae
lolbalance
lolbalance

Post Post #2629 (ISO) » Thu Apr 20, 2017 7:45 pm

Post by Alisae »

I sorta want Ari to be tracked if we aren't lynching him.
The fact we had a really strong ability to bounce reads back and forth between each other and find and lynch scum together is a great asset to have.
If anything, Realeo's game has taught both of us that we're really good at working together.
GTKAS
| here.
nancy
nancy
Jack of All Trades
nancy
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #2630 (ISO) » Thu Apr 20, 2017 7:57 pm

Post by nancy »

Well, he hasn't had any real chance to get engaged yet. I love that he's in this game and there's no way I'm lynching him today unless I'm completely fucking positive that he replaced into a scumslot.
Alisae
Alisae
lolbalance
Alisae
lolbalance
lolbalance

Post Post #2631 (ISO) » Thu Apr 20, 2017 7:58 pm

Post by Alisae »

Agreed. I want someone I can trust 100% to bounce back and forth reads with, and me and Ari are amazing when we're both town.
GTKAS
| here.
nancy
nancy
Jack of All Trades
nancy
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #2632 (ISO) » Thu Apr 20, 2017 7:59 pm

Post by nancy »

kerrigan.mp3
BlackVoid
BlackVoid
Mafia Scum
BlackVoid
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #2633 (ISO) » Thu Apr 20, 2017 8:28 pm

Post by BlackVoid »

In post 2621, nancy wrote:I would like to lynch Noodle for reasons already stated. Do either of you have any reason to townread him?
Yeah, I explained it in .
nancy
nancy
Jack of All Trades
nancy
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #2634 (ISO) » Thu Apr 20, 2017 8:36 pm

Post by nancy »

In post 2585, BlackVoid wrote:As far as StealthyNoodle is concerned, I like and I think he describes Pine's wall fairly accurately and I could see it coming from the perspective of a townie unimpressed with the IC who went after him. I also very much like and . I'm a little weirded out by the soft PR claim in and I don't see why a newbie playing his first game would assume he won't get lynched. @StealthyNoodle, if you have experience playing mafia on any other sites, I'd like to see it to compare. Drixx's is a pretty strong indicator towards Noodle-town though. It almost seems like Drixx is trying to figure out if Noodle is the Doc or the BP because of his "I won't get lynched" soft-claim and is planning to put him at L-1 to find out which it is. He hides it under the guise of saying that Noodle is showing "bravado." Unless Drixx is deviously good at manipulating fake-interactions, this as good as locks StealthyNoodle as town. I find to be fairly understandable and he seems to think that nancy was scum for jumping onto the Pine push which explains his switching over from Pine to nancy.
I think that it's extremely easy for scum to be accurate, especially in reference to scum, and not a good reason to townread someone. I like 659 and it's the only post in his ISO that I think I genuinely like. But why do you like it? And why do you like 654? Drixx is good at manipulating fake interactions. Why does that not look just as much like scum being hesitant to bus? 737 is mostly misrep and ignorance and the use of "salty" stands out to me as awkward.
nancy
nancy
Jack of All Trades
nancy
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #2635 (ISO) » Thu Apr 20, 2017 8:41 pm

Post by nancy »

Ftr I waited to make an issue of the soft at the time because I wanted to see how specifically Drixx but also others treated it and at the time I was also leaning towards interpreting 723 as Drixx being unsure of how to treat the soft but I do think that it is ulimately NAI. You're also not looking at which also occurred after the softs?
nancy
nancy
Jack of All Trades
nancy
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #2636 (ISO) » Thu Apr 20, 2017 8:43 pm

Post by nancy »

Nvm that was pre-soft. Soft was 721.
nancy
nancy
Jack of All Trades
nancy
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #2637 (ISO) » Thu Apr 20, 2017 8:45 pm

Post by nancy »

is what I was thinking of.
nancy
nancy
Jack of All Trades
nancy
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #2638 (ISO) » Thu Apr 20, 2017 8:48 pm

Post by nancy »

The fact that the only time Noodle has actually scumhunted or done anything all game came on a out-of-the-blue push on Pine which he quickly abandoned and never really followed up is not something I want to overlook.
BlackVoid
BlackVoid
Mafia Scum
BlackVoid
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #2639 (ISO) » Thu Apr 20, 2017 8:49 pm

Post by BlackVoid »

I think a new town player would expect an experienced IC to correctly read him as town and when the IC makes a long post calling him scum, the "this is bullshit" reaction is a natural one to have. I don't discount a scum-Noodle distancing from his partner at all. But I think the arguments he uses would be slightly different, perhaps focusing on specific reasons and details rather than the blanket "he's not seeing me as town so he's scum." StealthyNoodle's reaction betrayed an expectation that the IC would understand his viewpoints; something he would approach completely differently as scum. I think a newbie scum suggesting to his partner that he's experienced, he should be better than this and he should be seeing my viewpoints is an odd angle to take. But a completely natural way for a newbie town to critically evaluate the IC's posting whose alignment he doesn't know. I think you are letting the fact that is an attack against you color your views a bit. From a third-person standpoint, it looks genuine to me. If Drixx was hesitant to bus, he'd have a wider pool of suspects. But he pretty much locked in to StealthyNoodle from the moment he replaced in which tells me that IF Stealthy is his partner, he has no qualms about bussing. I just felt that Drixx trying to find an excuse to out Noodle's potential PR fit better.
nancy
nancy
Jack of All Trades
nancy
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #2640 (ISO) » Thu Apr 20, 2017 8:51 pm

Post by nancy »

In post 935, StealthyNoodle wrote:Okay, I'll read everything and respond once I get home tonight. I dont know what softclaim is, and the wiki says nothing about it. Sorry for not participating all yesterday.
Do you honestly believe this is not 100% fake? This slot has been acting like an arrogant know-it-all the entire game and when he falls under serious suspicion for this suddenly takes on an innocent puppy act and says he doesn't know what's going on?
nancy
nancy
Jack of All Trades
nancy
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #2641 (ISO) » Thu Apr 20, 2017 8:51 pm

Post by nancy »

In post 966, StealthyNoodle wrote:
In post 961, BlackVoid wrote:That's seven alive, two conf-town, one scum. That's a very advantageous situation for town.
Allright, thanks for explaining. I'm on board.
VOTE: Drixx
This is where he re-votes Drixx after abandoning the push. It's pure bullshit.
Alisae
Alisae
lolbalance
Alisae
lolbalance
lolbalance

Post Post #2642 (ISO) » Thu Apr 20, 2017 8:54 pm

Post by Alisae »

lol wiki
VOTE: Noodle

pedit: Oh yeah that. That defintiely does look like a bus now that I think about it. He doesn't even add anything about why he's voting Drixx.

Also the way he backs off is ewww
GTKAS
| here.
BlackVoid
BlackVoid
Mafia Scum
BlackVoid
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #2643 (ISO) » Thu Apr 20, 2017 8:55 pm

Post by BlackVoid »

In post 2638, nancy wrote:The fact that the only time Noodle has actually scumhunted or done anything all game came on a out-of-the-blue push on Pine which he quickly abandoned and never really followed up is not something I want to overlook.
Actually it wasn't out of the blue. Here's the chain of events: 1. Noodle opens the game by voting you. 2. Pine wanting to buddy you takes advantage of this, hard-townreads you and throws a bunch of shade on Noodle in his long wall. 3. Noodle has a "wtf, the IC is scum!" reaction to it and pushes back hard against Pine.

When you look at it that way, it's not like Noodle had a moment of brilliant scumhunting catching Pine and then fading out. Pine forced the issue because he saw Noodle attacking you and took the opportunity to push there.
nancy
nancy
Jack of All Trades
nancy
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #2644 (ISO) » Thu Apr 20, 2017 8:56 pm

Post by nancy »

In post 2639, BlackVoid wrote:I think a new town player would expect an experienced IC to correctly read him as town and when the IC makes a long post calling him scum, the "this is bullshit" reaction is a natural one to have. I don't discount a scum-Noodle distancing from his partner at all. But I think the arguments he uses would be slightly different, perhaps focusing on specific reasons and details rather than the blanket "he's not seeing me as town so he's scum." StealthyNoodle's reaction betrayed an expectation that the IC would understand his viewpoints; something he would approach completely differently as scum. I think a newbie scum suggesting to his partner that he's experienced, he should be better than this and he should be seeing my viewpoints is an odd angle to take. But a completely natural way for a newbie town to critically evaluate the IC's posting whose alignment he doesn't know. I think you are letting the fact that is an attack against you color your views a bit. From a third-person standpoint, it looks genuine to me. If Drixx was hesitant to bus, he'd have a wider pool of suspects. But he pretty much locked in to StealthyNoodle from the moment he replaced in which tells me that IF Stealthy is his partner, he has no qualms about bussing. I just felt that Drixx trying to find an excuse to out Noodle's potential PR fit better.
I think you're trying to find town!Noodle and finding it where it isn't. He hadn't tried to engage with Pine really at all as far as I recall. He just comes out of the woodworks with a case on Pine - and the slot was totally fucking inactive.
Alisae
Alisae
lolbalance
Alisae
lolbalance
lolbalance

Post Post #2645 (ISO) » Thu Apr 20, 2017 8:58 pm

Post by Alisae »

is also something I did in White Flag. Everyone was screaming their heads off asking for Titus, and I suddenly came out with a case on ThinkBig and pushed that super hard. Of course, no one listened to me D1 but D2 the bus payed off.
GTKAS
| here.
BlackVoid
BlackVoid
Mafia Scum
BlackVoid
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #2646 (ISO) » Thu Apr 20, 2017 8:59 pm

Post by BlackVoid »

Not really. Until recently, I had Noodle in my POE pool and re-read with the hope that I'd find a smoking gun. But changed my mind and felt he was town upon a re-read.

With that said, there are a couple things that bother me: the first is that I had a distinct impression Noodle was trying to buddy me today. The second is that I think Drixx laying down and eating the lynch suggests that his partner is non-obvious.
Alisae
Alisae
lolbalance
Alisae
lolbalance
lolbalance

Post Post #2647 (ISO) » Thu Apr 20, 2017 9:01 pm

Post by Alisae »

Buddying.
Is.
Not.
A.
Scumtell.

What makes it scummy is if it felt fake or not. Do you think the buddying felt fake?
GTKAS
| here.
BlackVoid
BlackVoid
Mafia Scum
BlackVoid
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #2648 (ISO) » Thu Apr 20, 2017 9:02 pm

Post by BlackVoid »

Nah, it totally felt like towny buddying which is why I brought it up as something that worried me!
nancy
nancy
Jack of All Trades
nancy
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #2649 (ISO) » Thu Apr 20, 2017 9:06 pm

Post by nancy »

In post 2643, BlackVoid wrote:Actually it wasn't out of the blue. Here's the chain of events: 1. Noodle opens the game by voting you. 2. Pine wanting to buddy you takes advantage of this, hard-townreads you and throws a bunch of shade on Noodle in his long wall. 3. Noodle has a "wtf, the IC is scum!" reaction to it and pushes back hard against Pine.
He pushed then voted Pine like 250 posts after the wall. He only pushes /after/ Pine goes MIA. I don't think that's a wtf reaction.

Return to “The Road to Rome [Newbie Games]”