Drawn from Memory

Datisi
it/he
Drawn from Memory

Drawn from Memory

Pronoun: it/he

Post Post #2825 (ISO) » Thu Jul 28, 2022 12:46 pm

Post by Datisi »

In post 2823, fireisredsir wrote:bc i also don't really get what he's doing if he's town here either
i said i think you and enchant are town
i said i think implo is scum
i explained why
nothing has happened for me to change my mind. i don't understand what you're expecting me to do here.
I will straight up disregard all reason if you have a PR dream again. You can come back and be like, “I dreamt that Locke is a N2 Bulletproof Multitasking Cop and Self-Targeting Doctor,” and I will go, “Okay, Locke kill it is then.”
~M
fireisredsir
fireisredsir
Goodfellas/Rising Star

fireisredsir
Goodfellas/Rising Star

Goodfellas/Rising Star

Post Post #2826 (ISO) » Thu Jul 28, 2022 12:56 pm

Post by fireisredsir »

why do you think hut is town?
Datisi
Datisi
it/he
Drawn from Memory

Datisi
it/he
Drawn from Memory

Drawn from Memory

Post Post #2827 (ISO) » Thu Jul 28, 2022 1:12 pm

Post by Datisi »

i came to the conclusion at some point that the hut/pengu wagons weren't s/s

also his jumps between thoughts (like how he went from me being townie and agreeing with the poe) to voting me because lol? is kinda like. i think scum would bother faking some sorta more nuanced though process there. or like, i feel like his partner would've helped him or at least given him some advice on what to do. unless that partner is enchant (no offense) but i don't tthink gb/hut are aligned and enchant is town anyway
I will straight up disregard all reason if you have a PR dream again. You can come back and be like, “I dreamt that Locke is a N2 Bulletproof Multitasking Cop and Self-Targeting Doctor,” and I will go, “Okay, Locke kill it is then.”
~M
Datisi
Datisi
it/he
Drawn from Memory

Datisi
it/he
Drawn from Memory

Drawn from Memory

Post Post #2828 (ISO) » Thu Jul 28, 2022 1:15 pm

Post by Datisi »

i feel like i had a reason why hutmeil is town based on the gamestate on d4 and you and andante being town, but it's past 2am right now and fuck if i remember
~M
fireisredsir
fireisredsir
Goodfellas/Rising Star

fireisredsir
Goodfellas/Rising Star

Goodfellas/Rising Star

Post Post #2829 (ISO) » Thu Jul 28, 2022 1:38 pm

Post by fireisredsir »

hmmm
fireisredsir
fireisredsir
Goodfellas/Rising Star

fireisredsir
Goodfellas/Rising Star

Goodfellas/Rising Star

Post Post #2830 (ISO) » Thu Jul 28, 2022 2:17 pm

Post by fireisredsir »

>.>

<.<

UNVOTE:

i wanna think some more
hutmeil
hutmeil
He
Goon
hutmeil
He
Goon
Goon
Pronoun: He

Post Post #2831 (ISO) » Fri Jul 29, 2022 3:20 am

Post by hutmeil »

In post 2817, hutmeil wrote:
In post 2806, Datisi wrote:and that my thoughts on bussing being likely make sense
Who do you think bussed? If you and I are town, who bussed? That only leaves implo and STD.

If I were to choose, I guess I'll choose STD since (1) he's originally Vulture who suggested the Mason reveal early, (2) too convenient lurking (though has rl valid reason...).

From your previous games, how many scums bussed on D1? Or rather, what is the optimal number of scums to bus?
@Datisi: Any thoughts?
Enchant
Enchant
Survivor
Enchant
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #2832 (ISO) » Fri Jul 29, 2022 4:05 am

Post by Enchant »

I will be blunt, i have feeling STD is Mason.
Datisi
Datisi
it/he
Drawn from Memory

Datisi
it/he
Drawn from Memory

Drawn from Memory

Post Post #2833 (ISO) » Fri Jul 29, 2022 4:17 am

Post by Datisi »

In post 2831, hutmeil wrote:
In post 2817, hutmeil wrote:
In post 2806, Datisi wrote:and that my thoughts on bussing being likely make sense
Who do you think bussed? If you and I are town, who bussed? That only leaves implo and STD.

If I were to choose, I guess I'll choose STD since (1) he's originally Vulture who suggested the Mason reveal early, (2) too convenient lurking (though has rl valid reason...).

From your previous games, how many scums bussed on D1? Or rather, what is the optimal number of scums to bus?
@Datisi: Any thoughts?
i feel like it is really obvious who i think bussed based on the fact that i have been voting implo for like 3 years now

previous games, with a scumflip on day one, i feel like it's 80/20 bus/none. however, the games where there was no bus are usually games where the scum is really obvious and thegame ends very quickly with little conflict. the fact that we are here now, esp after hitting on wagon, indicates there is at least one busser.
~M
Datisi
Datisi
it/he
Drawn from Memory

Datisi
it/he
Drawn from Memory

Drawn from Memory

Post Post #2834 (ISO) » Fri Jul 29, 2022 4:18 am

Post by Datisi »

after hitting off wagon*, you know what i mean
~M
hutmeil
hutmeil
He
Goon
hutmeil
He
Goon
Goon
Pronoun: He

Post Post #2835 (ISO) » Fri Jul 29, 2022 4:47 am

Post by hutmeil »

Is it highly probable both scums bussed D1?
fireisredsir
fireisredsir
Goodfellas/Rising Star

fireisredsir
Goodfellas/Rising Star

Goodfellas/Rising Star

Post Post #2836 (ISO) » Fri Jul 29, 2022 7:43 am

Post by fireisredsir »

the only possible way (fmpov, assuming enchant town) that mafia doesn't already know who the masons are is if datisi is mafia. and even if datisi is mafia then they almost certainly can be pretty confident on one mason. so a mason probably dies tonight no matter what

it is also nearly inconceivable to me that town datisi, hunting in a group of 3 or 4 players which also happen to contain all masons, would not at least sanity check a mafia solve by thinking if the other 2 remaining make sense as masons together

i understand not caring strongly about masons and just trying to hunt for mafia. i understand being wary of mistaking mafia for masons or vice versa. i do not understand how town datisi could have implosion as his top suspect and not even remotely consider who the possible masons could be if implosion is scum and if that makes sense with each other and with his other reads. there's not really any harm to doing so. it is throwing an entire axis on which to analyze the current gamestate into the trash and choosing not to use all tools available to him to help solve the game. maybe that's harsh but it just doesn't make sense to me that he would do that as town

the only world where it makes sense to me is if he isn't actually all that confident in me and enchant being town and is considering us as possible implosion partners, but there isn't really any indication of that. i think it would be pretty reasonable to do so, and i would expect him to at least be doing that a little since i think me and implosion make some surface-level sense as partners here

idk, ik different people think about the game in different ways and maybe it is believable that he would just be hunting his strongest scumread and ignoring everything else for now. it just seems kinda wild to me
Datisi
Datisi
it/he
Drawn from Memory

Datisi
it/he
Drawn from Memory

Drawn from Memory

Post Post #2837 (ISO) » Fri Jul 29, 2022 7:58 am

Post by Datisi »

In post 2836, fireisredsir wrote:i do not understand how town datisi could have implosion as his top suspect and not even remotely consider who the possible masons could be if implosion is scum and if that makes sense with each other and with his other reads.
why do you think i didn't do this
~M
Datisi
Datisi
it/he
Drawn from Memory

Datisi
it/he
Drawn from Memory

Drawn from Memory

Post Post #2838 (ISO) » Fri Jul 29, 2022 8:00 am

Post by Datisi »

i mean with my reads of the "unclaimed" pool i thought it would be fairly obvious who i think the masons are, but y'know, i didn't see a point in actually spelling it out for the thread
~M
Datisi
Datisi
it/he
Drawn from Memory

Datisi
it/he
Drawn from Memory

Drawn from Memory

Post Post #2839 (ISO) » Fri Jul 29, 2022 8:02 am

Post by Datisi »

and like, no, i'm not 100% on you being town, but until i see something that changes my mind, i don't see a point in trying to reeval because nothing is changing and i have no desire to try to brute force a game half the table isn't playing

and if i die then it's not my problem anymore
~M
fireisredsir
fireisredsir
Goodfellas/Rising Star

fireisredsir
Goodfellas/Rising Star

Goodfellas/Rising Star

Post Post #2840 (ISO) » Fri Jul 29, 2022 8:19 am

Post by fireisredsir »

are you or are you not completely ignoring the fact that the masonry exists
fireisredsir
fireisredsir
Goodfellas/Rising Star

fireisredsir
Goodfellas/Rising Star

Goodfellas/Rising Star

Post Post #2841 (ISO) » Fri Jul 29, 2022 8:25 am

Post by fireisredsir »

and since you seem to be saying you think hut/std are masons together

maybe im dumb but i have no idea why hut pushes vulture like that d1 if they're mason partners
catboi
catboi
Jack of All Trades
catboi
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #2842 (ISO) » Fri Jul 29, 2022 9:13 am

Post by catboi »

Replacing Save The Dragons.
implosion
implosion
he/him
Polymath
implosion
he/him
Polymath
Polymath
Pronoun: he/him

Post Post #2843 (ISO) » Fri Jul 29, 2022 9:14 am

Post by implosion »

VOTE: Datisi

I think Datisi is just the best vote today. I think I'm at the point where that's unlikely to change. I think there's still chances to have scum shoot a VT tonight, and so I don't really want to lim in the unclaimed (and obviously not myself). I don't really want to talk about the unclaimed either. I don't want to lim fire or Enchant. I can conceivably be convinced on fire but it'd take some convincing.

I'm not saying it's like, objectively right to not lim in the unclaimed, but I don't want to. And I think Datisi has good scum equity separately as well.

I'm not really sure what else I want to talk about. I'm happy to like, discuss with fire if he wants to talk about more specific stuff. I'm getting on a plane today so may not be super available but might be, not sure.
Datisi
Datisi
it/he
Drawn from Memory

Datisi
it/he
Drawn from Memory

Drawn from Memory

Post Post #2844 (ISO) » Fri Jul 29, 2022 9:31 am

Post by Datisi »

In post 2835, hutmeil wrote:Is it highly probable both scums bussed D1?
highly probable? idk. maybe. depends on how bus happy the scumteam is.
~M
Datisi
Datisi
it/he
Drawn from Memory

Datisi
it/he
Drawn from Memory

Drawn from Memory

Post Post #2845 (ISO) » Fri Jul 29, 2022 9:34 am

Post by Datisi »

In post 2840, fireisredsir wrote:are you or are you not completely ignoring the fact that the masonry exists
i feel like there is a difference between"i am not gonna worry about my pushed and whether they're hitting a mason" and sanity checking if my solve makes sense now that we have a lot of claims and not a lot of people
In post 2841, fireisredsir wrote:and since you seem to be saying you think hut/std are masons together

maybe im dumb but i have no idea why hut pushes vulture like that d1 if they're mason partners
idk, i feel like smart masons would fo some token distancing because obviously. and the fact that once std and hut started suddenly townreading eachother when std repped in for like very nothing reasons do make sense in retrospect as a "oh shit oh fuck abort distancing there's a wagon"
~M
Datisi
Datisi
it/he
Drawn from Memory

Datisi
it/he
Drawn from Memory

Drawn from Memory

Post Post #2846 (ISO) » Fri Jul 29, 2022 9:37 am

Post by Datisi »

i wrote stuff about implo already

s_s yesterday was like "let's vote andante bc dead people say so" and today he's like "let's not hit a mason and vote in the obvious not masons" or however else he said it, which is extremely convenient if i'm right on fire enchant me being town

i'm tired
~M
fireisredsir
fireisredsir
Goodfellas/Rising Star

fireisredsir
Goodfellas/Rising Star

Goodfellas/Rising Star

Post Post #2847 (ISO) » Fri Jul 29, 2022 10:19 am

Post by fireisredsir »

In post 2845, Datisi wrote:i feel like there is a difference between"i am not gonna worry about my pushed and whether they're hitting a mason" and sanity checking if my solve makes sense now that we have a lot of claims and not a lot of people
ok then why did you originally say "i decided to completely ignore the masons this game" in response to me saying "it feels like datisi isn't really thinking about the masons here" if you are actually in fact thinking about the masons here to the fullest extent of what i would expect

i also think that masons who "distanced" to the point where one of them had literally the only actual opinion he had on the game for the first several days be that the other was scum, are masons who should claim at this point rather than let one of them get NK'd and then suddenly the mafia have a more believable claim to be the final mason. because in that world, unless they had some elaborate crumbing system going on or something, i will believe the mafia every time and not feel the least bit bad about it

and yes i am very aware of the point where they townread each other for townreading each other and i am very aware that you called it out at the time. idk i just don't really believe that you actually believe this
Datisi
Datisi
it/he
Drawn from Memory

Datisi
it/he
Drawn from Memory

Drawn from Memory

Post Post #2848 (ISO) » Fri Jul 29, 2022 10:23 am

Post by Datisi »

bc i thought your point was "why is datisi openly pushing people who may be masons without being worried about it", not " did datisi forget which setup we're playing "
~M
Datisi
Datisi
it/he
Drawn from Memory

Datisi
it/he
Drawn from Memory

Drawn from Memory

Post Post #2849 (ISO) » Fri Jul 29, 2022 10:24 am

Post by Datisi »

idk, my preferred way of playing mason is <elaborate non-fakeable crumb, don't look like masons> so it makes sense to me
~M

Return to “Completed Open Games”