Newbie 1768: Party Mafia - Game over!

For Newbie Games, which have a set format and experienced moderators. Archived during the 2023 queue overhaul.
SirCakez
SirCakez
he/him
Is A Lie
SirCakez
he/him
Is A Lie
Is A Lie
Pronoun: he/him

Post Post #375 (ISO) » Fri Jan 13, 2017 11:20 am

Post by SirCakez »

Votecount 1.9

EccentricLemon (3) - Titus, nancy, Revan
Revan (3) - GuiltyLion, JaeReed, bowdown
nancy (1) - tojam2

Not voting (2) - Agent Sparkles, EccentricLemon

With 9 alive, it takes 5 votes to lynch someone.

nancy is V/LA through Sunday.
EccentricLemon is V/LA through Friday.

(expired on 2017-01-16 11:14:00) remain until day end
Brian Skies - "
I just wanna say Cakez is an evil mod and this is an evil setup.
"

--------------------
Get to know a Cakez!
nancy
nancy
Jack of All Trades
nancy
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #376 (ISO) » Fri Jan 13, 2017 12:11 pm

Post by nancy »

In post 363, JaeReed wrote:
In post 360, Agent Sparkles wrote:Question: Do scum get to directly communicate with each other?
Usually during pre-game and night phases in the newbie queue. Not during the Day phase.
Well that completely messes up my scumread of Lemon.

unvote

VOTE: Revan
JaeReed
JaeReed
Jack of All Trades
JaeReed
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #377 (ISO) » Fri Jan 13, 2017 12:14 pm

Post by JaeReed »

In post 376, nancy wrote:
In post 363, JaeReed wrote:
In post 360, Agent Sparkles wrote:Question: Do scum get to directly communicate with each other?
Usually during pre-game and night phases in the newbie queue. Not during the Day phase.
Well that completely messes up my scumread of Lemon.
Why?
"Jae defends his townreads like a fanatic" - Charloux
"On the issue of myself they go back and forth between overpowering paranoia and absolute certainty I'm town... it's kind of exhausting." - Nahdia
nancy
nancy
Jack of All Trades
nancy
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #378 (ISO) » Fri Jan 13, 2017 12:33 pm

Post by nancy »

Don't have time to fully explain, but I thought she'd been communicating with you or an SE during today.
bowdown
bowdown
Goon
bowdown
Goon
Goon

Post Post #379 (ISO) » Fri Jan 13, 2017 12:53 pm

Post by bowdown »

When did your scumread become so dependent on Lemon having communication with a SE/IC? Lots of stuff (e.g. 180) doesnt rely on that.
bowdown
bowdown
Goon
bowdown
Goon
Goon

Post Post #380 (ISO) » Fri Jan 13, 2017 12:53 pm

Post by bowdown »

Also Revan is at L-1 now
Revan
Revan
Goon
Revan
Goon
Goon

Post Post #381 (ISO) » Fri Jan 13, 2017 12:54 pm

Post by Revan »

We have 2 days, surely we can lynch GL.
"Savior, conqueror, hero, villain. You are all things, Revan… and yet you are nothing. In the end, you belong to neither the light nor the darkness. You will forever stand alone."
―Darth Malak to Revan
Revan
Revan
Goon
Revan
Goon
Goon

Post Post #382 (ISO) » Fri Jan 13, 2017 12:57 pm

Post by Revan »

If you need any convincing, just look at GL's vote on me.

Terrible logic.
"Savior, conqueror, hero, villain. You are all things, Revan… and yet you are nothing. In the end, you belong to neither the light nor the darkness. You will forever stand alone."
―Darth Malak to Revan
bowdown
bowdown
Goon
bowdown
Goon
Goon

Post Post #383 (ISO) » Fri Jan 13, 2017 1:15 pm

Post by bowdown »

I'm not voting GL. Feel pretty good that GL = town. Disagree that his logic is terrible. I also disagree with him regarding your Titus vote/scumread thing but that doesn't make his logic terrible.

Your "self-save" onto lemon - that is a terrible vote.
Revan
Revan
Goon
Revan
Goon
Goon

Post Post #384 (ISO) » Fri Jan 13, 2017 1:57 pm

Post by Revan »

I'm literally at L-1 right now, it's a self save.
―Darth Malak to Revan
Titus
Titus
She/her
Moon Walker
Titus
She/her
Moon Walker
Moon Walker
Pronoun: She/her

Post Post #385 (ISO) » Fri Jan 13, 2017 2:10 pm

Post by Titus »

Bowdown, stop being overly protective of GL.

Revan's vote makes sense as a strategic one. It's more cause for concern if Revan didn't vote his counter.

@Nancy, ElectricLemon can be coached pregame.
Show
The scum had the misfortune of Titus being absurdly accurate on day one.Really quite impressed by that.~Drixx

You're letting Titus win the game by herself.Good luck now I guess.You have no chance to win.~Tywin

GTKTitus Part 2
Titus Academy

VLA Friday nights until Sunday morning.

All hail the Scum Empress!
bowdown
bowdown
Goon
bowdown
Goon
Goon

Post Post #386 (ISO) » Fri Jan 13, 2017 2:50 pm

Post by bowdown »

First of all, I certainly will protect my TR on GL by saying I don't want to vote there.

Three days before lunch, Revan has two votes on him.

I vote Lemon, putting her to 3.

Revan votes previously-TRed Lemon and when pushed claims it was a self save. How in the world is that a reasonable place to self-save onto another one of your town reads?

Walk me through Town-Revan's thought process here and why he acts how he did. He sees me vote Lemon putting her at L-2. He has a town read on Lemon and knows that Lemon is a lynch candidate for most of the village. He sees his two biggest scumreads (I think) Jae and GL voting him.

I think Town-Revan tries to get one of his scumread lynched. Tries to actually put together a decent argument on either of them or point something out that others haven't seen. Both Jae and GL are read fairly mixed at this point in time, it might not be a futile effort and I might be able to get some traction on a lynch on my scumreads in the three friggin days remaining until lynch.

I don't see how town-Revan decides to instead push one of his townreads to L-1, claim it was a self-save when he has two votes on him, not try to get one of his scumreads lynched at the time, and then now that he is at L-1 say that now there is time to run someone else up. When he wasn't under pressure and voted his town read Lemon, there was no push to run Jae/GL/anyone else up - he was content to just self-save onto lemon.

It doesn't make sense. Revan is scum.
EccentricLemon
EccentricLemon
Goon
EccentricLemon
Goon
Goon
Location: Land of the meanies but also the home of the porkroll.

Post Post #387 (ISO) » Fri Jan 13, 2017 3:18 pm

Post by EccentricLemon »

Revan, you still haven't addressed why exactly you changed your mind so quickly after you said that D1 is too early to vote me up. I don't agree with Titus, I don't see how it could have been strategic. The only way I can see it as strategic is if Revan was scum trying to direct attention onto someone else and following someone who he thinks is town to seem like town himself. It's blatantly contradictory and super scummy.

To add to bowdown's post:
In post 371, Revan wrote:Sheeping the experienced players? I don't think you can say that if my top scumread is the IC.
Don't forget that you said that your top scum read was the IC and then voted for me two posts after bowdown placed his vote on me.
I'll also quote your post about not running me up, in case you forgot:
In post 342, Revan wrote:I think EL is too townread to be lynched today.
As you can see, less than 30 posts have passed between the two posts. This is just careless.
JaeReed
JaeReed
Jack of All Trades
JaeReed
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #388 (ISO) » Fri Jan 13, 2017 4:04 pm

Post by JaeReed »

In post 385, Titus wrote:It's more cause for concern if Revan didn't vote his counter.
If Revan didn't vote his counter there it would have probably had me whiteknight him for lack of opportunism, because I hardly ever see that flip red.
"Jae defends his townreads like a fanatic" - Charloux
"On the issue of myself they go back and forth between overpowering paranoia and absolute certainty I'm town... it's kind of exhausting." - Nahdia
nancy
nancy
Jack of All Trades
nancy
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #389 (ISO) » Fri Jan 13, 2017 4:36 pm

Post by nancy »

Pregame coaching isn't enough fmpov, with what I was looking at. Also, Lemon had the chance to hammer an 'obvscum' and didn't, which is another town tell I think? Although Jae has said it's mostly null.
nancy
nancy
Jack of All Trades
nancy
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #390 (ISO) » Fri Jan 13, 2017 4:41 pm

Post by nancy »

Well, maybe it's irrelevant given that Lemom knows she's on thin ice.
tojam2
tojam2
Goon
tojam2
Goon
Goon

Post Post #391 (ISO) » Fri Jan 13, 2017 10:42 pm

Post by tojam2 »

In post 370, EccentricLemon wrote:
But I'd still like to point out that according to Cakez' matrix, there isn't necessarily a bulletproof town in the game at all.

UNVOTE: tojam2
The only way I could be scum is if we're using line 1 instead of line A or 3 as there is a VT in that line (who doesn't know they were selected from the matrix). Doctor would CC if we were using line C, and Cop on 2 or B, so you've got a 66.7% chance that I'm elling the truth, theoretically, if a PR get roleblocked in the night I'm a conftown.
tojam2
tojam2
Goon
tojam2
Goon
Goon

Post Post #392 (ISO) » Fri Jan 13, 2017 10:45 pm

Post by tojam2 »

So guys Lemon or Revan, I'm personally more happy with Lemon but I don't want to push a lynch without you guys getting one of them to L-1 again.
nancy
nancy
Jack of All Trades
nancy
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #393 (ISO) » Fri Jan 13, 2017 10:56 pm

Post by nancy »

I'm sorry I think it's best I unvote because I can't really follow what's going on. I get home tomorrow and can re-read and hopefully post properly before deadline
unvote
Revan
Revan
Goon
Revan
Goon
Goon

Post Post #394 (ISO) » Sat Jan 14, 2017 2:57 am

Post by Revan »

@bowdown I was townreading EL on page 2. Why do you believe that that read is still current? It looks like you're stretching now.
―Darth Malak to Revan
Titus
Titus
She/her
Moon Walker
Titus
She/her
Moon Walker
Moon Walker

Post Post #395 (ISO) » Sat Jan 14, 2017 6:43 am

Post by Titus »

In post 388, JaeReed wrote:
In post 385, Titus wrote:It's more cause for concern if Revan didn't vote his counter.
If Revan didn't vote his counter there it would have probably had me whiteknight him for lack of opportunism, because I hardly ever see that flip red.
Then you have been in some wierd as fuck games.
Show
The scum had the misfortune of Titus being absurdly accurate on day one.Really quite impressed by that.~Drixx

You're letting Titus win the game by herself.Good luck now I guess.You have no chance to win.~Tywin

GTKTitus Part 2
Titus Academy

Titus
Titus
She/her
Moon Walker
Titus
She/her
Moon Walker
Moon Walker

Post Post #396 (ISO) » Sat Jan 14, 2017 6:44 am

Post by Titus »

In post 386, bowdown wrote:First of all, I certainly will protect my TR on GL by saying I don't want to vote there.

Three days before lunch, Revan has two votes on him.

I vote Lemon, putting her to 3.

Revan votes previously-TRed Lemon and when pushed claims it was a self save. How in the world is that a reasonable place to self-save onto another one of your town reads?

Walk me through Town-Revan's thought process here and why he acts how he did. He sees me vote Lemon putting her at L-2. He has a town read on Lemon and knows that Lemon is a lynch candidate for most of the village. He sees his two biggest scumreads (I think) Jae and GL voting him.

I think Town-Revan tries to get one of his scumread lynched. Tries to actually put together a decent argument on either of them or point something out that others haven't seen. Both Jae and GL are read fairly mixed at this point in time, it might not be a futile effort and I might be able to get some traction on a lynch on my scumreads in the three friggin days remaining until lynch.

I don't see how town-Revan decides to instead push one of his townreads to L-1, claim it was a self-save when he has two votes on him, not try to get one of his scumreads lynched at the time, and then now that he is at L-1 say that now there is time to run someone else up. When he wasn't under pressure and voted his town read Lemon, there was no push to run Jae/GL/anyone else up - he was content to just self-save onto lemon.

It doesn't make sense. Revan is scum.
Two days until deadlijne.
It's the counter.
He doesn't townread EL.

I am willing to lynch EL or GL.
Show

GTKTitus Part 2
Titus Academy

Revan
Revan
Goon
Revan
Goon
Goon

Post Post #397 (ISO) » Sat Jan 14, 2017 7:49 am

Post by Revan »

I am also in favor of a GL lynch.
―Darth Malak to Revan
GuiltyLion
GuiltyLion
he/him
Survivor
GuiltyLion
he/him
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #398 (ISO) » Sat Jan 14, 2017 9:27 am

Post by GuiltyLion »

In post 382, Revan wrote:If you need any convincing, just look at GL's vote on me.

Terrible logic.
Titus how does this read like a town post to you?
"I think I no longer believe in monsters as faces in the floor or feral infants or vampires or whatever. I think at seventeen now I believe the only real monsters might be the type of liar where there's simply no way to tell. The ones who give nothing away"
GuiltyLion
GuiltyLion
he/him
Survivor
GuiltyLion
he/him
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #399 (ISO) » Sat Jan 14, 2017 9:29 am

Post by GuiltyLion »

and respond to my question about the associative you're trying to draw between me and EL, please. At the very least - I want you to reaffirm or deny that you are arguing that EL scumslipped by saying she didn't want to "bus" me.
"I think I no longer believe in monsters as faces in the floor or feral infants or vampires or whatever. I think at seventeen now I believe the only real monsters might be the type of liar where there's simply no way to tell. The ones who give nothing away"

Return to “The Road to Rome [Newbie Games]”