Mafia Scum
Venus and Mars
They/Them
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum
Pronoun: They/Them

Post Post #6225 (ISO) » Tue Apr 21, 2020 8:00 am

Post by Venus and Mars »

In post 6212, davesaz wrote:A whole lotta stuff gets called "personal" and "abuse" which simply isn't from a 3p point of view. Most people don't know your life story, and many are likely to not be thinking about it if they do know about it.
There are some players who don't have English as a first language, and a whole lot of players who have lived a long life in a different idiom from what you're used to.
Extreme sensitivity is a problem. Tantrums are a problem. They make the game unfun for the people who have to watch them.

Those things said, I do not in any way condone exploiting sensitivity. If the person using terms that are taken the wrong way by the recipient
knows
the term is sensitive, then that's unacceptable.
He knew I was a wreck from my best friend dying and that 100% did affect my reactions. He also had to know from TBONTB dead PT, that A50 had severely triggered my dormant cptsd because I literally made a post in there to him apologizing. I think I’m a little better now, that the shock is starting to wear off,
Hydra of Shiro and Nancy Drew 39
Venus and Mars
Venus and Mars
They/Them
Mafia Scum
Venus and Mars
They/Them
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #6226 (ISO) » Tue Apr 21, 2020 8:03 am

Post by Venus and Mars »

In post 6211, Xtoxm wrote:
In post 6204, Krazy Katz wrote:This is easily the stupidest and least satisfying game since overkill 2 and the scum saying they would not have felt like this game would have been a waste of time if they'd been town feels really fake tbh.
i don't think i said anything like that, i think it would have been painful as town and i said the mason should not have been scum.
maybe even just remove the ability for conspire to turn from town and the game looks fine? town is pretty stacked.
i think the rest is fine.
+1

I fully agree with this.
Venus and Mars
Venus and Mars
They/Them
Mafia Scum
Venus and Mars
They/Them
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #6227 (ISO) » Tue Apr 21, 2020 8:06 am

Post by Venus and Mars »

In post 6197, The Fonz wrote:Lol the mason dialogue the night I died surrounding the alignment of Auro and JJH and who Conspire should check is retrospectively hilarious.

I'm probably not going to play for a while, because Mafia is making me angry again and, as I've said before, that's part of why I left. I'm probably going to hang around the site to play D&D and hopefully mod-hydra in the next few months. This is a cool community, and while it has its scumbags, there's fewer than most places.
I 100% standy by my apology to you and I am in no way justifying anything due to rl issues.
Krazy Katz
Krazy Katz
Goon
Krazy Katz
Goon
Goon

Post Post #6228 (ISO) » Tue Apr 21, 2020 8:06 am

Post by Krazy Katz »

In post 6218, Boonskiies wrote:I was very satisfied with Overkill 2.
Yeah but I think you really need to stop trying to remake it with the design philosophy of "give scum the entire setup and then watch town die"

Like this setup needed actual town power.

You can even do the scum mason IF
You confirm alignment changes are possible
You give town ANY active power

Like realize that overkill 2 was a fucking stupid game for me personally who has to try to play one scum role having all the power in the game

And having scum win with third party in that game was as fucking stupid there as it is here

If scum is winning with third party then you can't be balancing it as though third parties are not all traitors because that's what you had here

Seriously dude you can do what you want but don't expect town to ever give a shit or try if you're going to pull this shit over and over again
Auro
Auro
Survivor
Auro
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #6229 (ISO) » Tue Apr 21, 2020 8:08 am

Post by Auro »

viewtopic.php?f=90&t=82400
Subject: BTDT: Confessionals
Boonskiies wrote:There is a single slot who's alignment can physically change.
Venus and Mars
Venus and Mars
They/Them
Mafia Scum
Venus and Mars
They/Them
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #6230 (ISO) » Tue Apr 21, 2020 8:09 am

Post by Venus and Mars »

Xtoxm made some excellent suggestions and I really wish BTE’s role would have been exactly what he said it was.
Krazy Katz
Krazy Katz
Goon
Krazy Katz
Goon
Goon

Post Post #6231 (ISO) » Tue Apr 21, 2020 8:10 am

Post by Krazy Katz »

In post 6220, Boonskiies wrote:To be fair, I think it’s been established I’m very anti mech clears in general.
That doesn't mean you give town nothing

Town needed like three vigs if you're going to have 6 scum

This was like hyperstacked with the bastard mason in such a way that even if I didn't dislike this game while playing it it now is like a textbook bad version of bastard

This is like actually bastard, not in a good or fun way, but in the stupid way where you literally feel like it was just a total waste of time and the mod pointed to someone random and said 'ok u win the game because i say so'
Venus and Mars
Venus and Mars
They/Them
Mafia Scum
Venus and Mars
They/Them
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #6232 (ISO) » Tue Apr 21, 2020 8:10 am

Post by Venus and Mars »

In post 6229, Auro wrote:viewtopic.php?f=90&t=82400
Subject: BTDT: Confessionals
Boonskiies wrote:There is a single slot who's alignment can physically change.
Jjh, insulted my intelligence for taking that seriously and Krazy thought it was just “shitposting”. :lol:
jjh927
jjh927
Survivor
jjh927
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #6233 (ISO) » Tue Apr 21, 2020 8:13 am

Post by jjh927 »

Nancy, you taking that seriously was you believing I had a 3p wincon where I had already won because I was playing animal crossing
"As best I can tell, jjh is some kind of wizard with mind control powers." -Jingle
Venus and Mars
Venus and Mars
They/Them
Mafia Scum
Venus and Mars
They/Them
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #6234 (ISO) » Tue Apr 21, 2020 8:13 am

Post by Venus and Mars »

In post 6231, Krazy Katz wrote:
In post 6220, Boonskiies wrote:To be fair, I think it’s been established I’m very anti mech clears in general.
That doesn't mean you give town nothing

Town needed like three vigs if you're going to have 6 scum

This was like hyperstacked with the bastard mason in such a way that even if I didn't dislike this game while playing it it now is like a textbook bad version of bastard

This is like actually bastard, not in a good or fun way, but in the stupid way where you literally feel like it was just a total waste of time and the mod pointed to someone random and said 'ok u win the game because i say so'
The mid-game alignment change especially with a dead mason-cleared slot was the absolute worst. If you were going to do that with ANY slot, should never have been with a mech-cleared one.
Krazy Katz
Krazy Katz
Goon
Krazy Katz
Goon
Goon

Post Post #6235 (ISO) » Tue Apr 21, 2020 8:15 am

Post by Krazy Katz »

The game actually would have been better if jjh won and we were all endgsmed from an animal crossing wincon

That would have been much less stupid than what actually was in this game
jjh927
jjh927
Survivor
jjh927
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #6236 (ISO) » Tue Apr 21, 2020 8:16 am

Post by jjh927 »

What I just posted in the spectator PT without realising the game had ended:

My problem with bastard games is that most of them are basically just having the players put on a show for the moderator rather than actually being able to play to wincon in any meaningful way. The ones that aren't are more just technically bastard in that they contain individual roles that could possibly be considered bastard. That is also the line that I would consider acceptable for me to not feel cheated as a player. For you to have crossed that line without any prior indication is downright ridiculous.

I'll save you the grilling on setup balance since I haven't seen the whole thing yet. But what I can say is that what you've done here is not fair on your players. I would not have inned for this with even a minimal indication of what was on the cards here. If your setup contains moderator lies, you need to brief people to that before signups, then brief them again in the rules. Not doing that, or preparing people for that expectation, is something that I guarantee will leave people feeling cheated. And there is no debrief you can give to justify it.
"As best I can tell, jjh is some kind of wizard with mind control powers." -Jingle
jjh927
jjh927
Survivor
jjh927
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #6237 (ISO) » Tue Apr 21, 2020 8:17 am

Post by jjh927 »

In post 6235, Krazy Katz wrote:The game actually would have been better if jjh won and we were all endgsmed from an animal crossing wincon

That's what I am choosing to believe actually happened

That way I didn't waste any of my time playing this game
Venus and Mars
Venus and Mars
They/Them
Mafia Scum
Venus and Mars
They/Them
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #6238 (ISO) » Tue Apr 21, 2020 8:19 am

Post by Venus and Mars »

In post 6233, jjh927 wrote:Nancy, you taking that seriously was you believing I had a 3p wincon where I had already won because I was playing animal crossing
The point was that all of these things wound up being actually true for Conspire, so I wasn’t being stupid. I also - still have no clue what Animal Crossing even is and I asked you multiple times to explain it to me but for some reason you never did.

I also have a neurologically-based reason why I derp in all my games and constantly misunderstand things like that. It’s nothing I can actually help but a learning disability doesn’t make me stupid - not by a longshot. I try to do my best in spite of it.
Venus and Mars
Venus and Mars
They/Them
Mafia Scum
Venus and Mars
They/Them
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #6239 (ISO) » Tue Apr 21, 2020 8:21 am

Post by Venus and Mars »

In post 6237, jjh927 wrote:
In post 6235, Krazy Katz wrote:The game actually would have been better if jjh won and we were all endgsmed from an animal crossing wincon

That's what I am choosing to believe actually happened

That way I didn't waste any of my time playing this game
I would have actually been okay with that. :lol:
jjh927
jjh927
Survivor
jjh927
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #6240 (ISO) » Tue Apr 21, 2020 8:24 am

Post by jjh927 »

In post 6238, Venus and Mars wrote:
In post 6233, jjh927 wrote:Nancy, you taking that seriously was you believing I had a 3p wincon where I had already won because I was playing animal crossing
The point was that all of these things wound up being actually true for Conspire, so I wasn’t being stupid. I also - still have no clue what Animal Crossing even is and I asked you multiple times to explain it to me but for some reason you never did.

I also have a neurologically-based reason why I derp in all my games and constantly misunderstand things like that. It’s nothing I can actually help but a learning disability doesn’t make me stupid - not by a longshot. I try to do my best in spite of it.
Animal crossing is this super chilled nintendo game where you're a villager in a town full of animal people, and you go around fishing, catching bugs, digging up fossils, shaking trees for fruit, talking to the animal people etc. You make money in a currency called bells and buy things like house extensions, furniture for your house, clothes, tools, and musical instruments. Animal Crossing New Horizons is the latest in the series and is available on the Nintendo Switch.
RCEnigma
RCEnigma
Survivor
RCEnigma
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #6241 (ISO) » Tue Apr 21, 2020 8:39 am

Post by RCEnigma »

Congrats on your animal crossing win jjh.
jjh927
jjh927
Survivor
jjh927
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #6242 (ISO) » Tue Apr 21, 2020 8:44 am

Post by jjh927 »

In post 6241, RCEnigma wrote:Congrats on your animal crossing win jjh.
Thank you. I just got a Labelle hat of Label for putting together an outdoorsy outfit and it looks fantastic
Titus
Titus
She/her
Moon Walker
Titus
She/her
Moon Walker
Moon Walker
Pronoun: She/her

Post Post #6243 (ISO) » Tue Apr 21, 2020 8:55 am

Post by Titus »

Gg town, well played. I hope you at least enjoyed the show I tried to put on. Sorry Nancy for capitalizing on your weakness. If it wasn't for that stupid Titus always gets copped n1 rule, maybe you'd see more of my scumgame.
Show
The scum had the misfortune of Titus being absurdly accurate on day one.Really quite impressed by that.~Drixx

You're letting Titus win the game by herself.Good luck now I guess.You have no chance to win.~Tywin

GTKTitus Part 2
Titus Academy

VLA Friday nights until Sunday morning.

All hail the Scum Empress!
chkflip
chkflip
Stand Up Guy
chkflip
Stand Up Guy
Stand Up Guy

Post Post #6244 (ISO) » Tue Apr 21, 2020 9:00 am

Post by chkflip »

MM2 had a literal cult in it and zero people were upset about the outcome, Boon.

Think about that.

I think even if this were advertised as bastard, people of the town alignment still would've been pretty upset by the strangeness and imbalance of most of the setup.
"Fuck you. I opened up my heart to you and you stabbed it a thousand times." - Gamma, to me, right before confessing to being the town vig and murdering my scum partner N1.
Conspire
Conspire
Goon
Conspire
Goon
Goon

Post Post #6245 (ISO) » Tue Apr 21, 2020 9:02 am

Post by Conspire »

GG all, especially Auro! Can’t believe you were MAFIA lol

I feel bad for this win as town, so sorry :c if it makes it any better, our plan was to hard-link ourselves to MS by saying “we have a pt with MS” in as many places as possible so if we died, you would all know. I was also debating whether to say to fonz we were a third party finder and MS was third party at certain points. Cosmic was more pro-third party though and since we got found really fast, that was also what shifted our loyalty.

~E
Conspire
Conspire
Goon
Conspire
Goon
Goon

Post Post #6246 (ISO) » Tue Apr 21, 2020 9:04 am

Post by Conspire »

Also boon can confirm I actually sent the fruit to jjh first because I wanted to switch back but agkthriwbeiwjdbifhd. I think that would’ve been pretty gamechanging

~Esper
jjh927
jjh927
Survivor
jjh927
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #6247 (ISO) » Tue Apr 21, 2020 9:05 am

Post by jjh927 »

Scum got lynched day 2, day 4, day 5
town lose day 6
there were no vigs

???
jjh927
jjh927
Survivor
jjh927
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #6248 (ISO) » Tue Apr 21, 2020 9:07 am

Post by jjh927 »

In post 6245, Conspire wrote:GG all, especially Auro! Can’t believe you were MAFIA lol

I feel bad for this win as town, so sorry :c if it makes it any better, our plan was to hard-link ourselves to MS by saying “we have a pt with MS” in as many places as possible so if we died, you would all know. I was also debating whether to say to fonz we were a third party finder and MS was third party at certain points. Cosmic was more pro-third party though and since we got found really fast, that was also what shifted our loyalty.

~E
You know

Townsiding would have been going

Hey jjh, Michael Scott is confscum

Rather than
Michael Scott is conftown

But hey you had to choose between two conflicting wincons that you could have easily achieved either of in that gamestate
chkflip
chkflip
Stand Up Guy
chkflip
Stand Up Guy
Stand Up Guy

Post Post #6249 (ISO) » Tue Apr 21, 2020 9:08 am

Post by chkflip »

All very solid points.

I for one don't think mafia should win with us, at least.
"Fuck you. I opened up my heart to you and you stabbed it a thousand times." - Gamma, to me, right before confessing to being the town vig and murdering my scum partner N1.

Return to “Completed Large Theme Games”