SpamWise
SpamWise
Goon
SpamWise
Goon
Goon

Post Post #300 (ISO) » Fri Feb 24, 2006 10:07 am

Post by SpamWise »

Alexander wrote:A slightly provocative question to Spamwise: why focus on Yosarian? MeMe and impossibleroot also had the opportunity to add votes to me, and didn't do so, yet you singled him.
I don't think they've been as vocal as Yosarian in this regard. But that does raise an interesting question, because iirc, they too had attacked you.

As for your role claim: If you are pro-town, claiming will help the town more than hinder it.
"The sky will cover you when you fall down"
Alexander
Alexander
Goon
Alexander
Goon
Goon

Post Post #301 (ISO) » Fri Feb 24, 2006 10:28 am

Post by Alexander »

@spamwise: Now you're just bullying anyone who's not voting for me with the none-too thinly veiled threat of
If you're not voting for him, you must be his partner
. Also, you do not remember correctly, since MeMe never attacked me, while improot only attacked me on grounds of bad play, but never actually said I'm mafia.

@everyone else: it is the mafia's goal to spread blame across as many people as possible and keep spreading confusion in the ranks. Everyone's a suspect! Note that as soon as I gave Spamwise a semi-plausible excuse to spread blame, he immediately jumped on it.

In other news, I now suspect Yosarian less than I did before. His summary of suspicions against rocko, coming only 14 minutes after I asked "who do you suspect if not me?", hints to me that his suspicion on rocko might be genuine. It's unlikely he could have faked it in 14 minutes if he was a mafia just sitting on the sidelines and twiddling thumbs as I get lynched. If he was mafia, such question would have likely caught him unprepared.

Hence,
Unvote Yosarian2, Vote Spamwise
SpamWise
SpamWise
Goon
SpamWise
Goon
Goon

Post Post #302 (ISO) » Fri Feb 24, 2006 1:12 pm

Post by SpamWise »

Alexander wrote:@spamwise: Now you're just bullying anyone who's not voting for me with the none-too thinly veiled threat of
If you're not voting for him, you must be his partner
. Also, you do not remember correctly, since MeMe never attacked me, while improot only attacked me on grounds of bad play, but never actually said I'm mafia.
I never said that. I never even implied that. If that is truly what you read within my posts, then that was unintentional. I thought that MeMe and ImpossibleRoot had attacked you, probably because you juxtaposed them against Yosarian. To me, it reads "MeMe and ImpossibleRoot also attacked me but haven't voted for me, why focus on Yosarian?"

The fact that they didn't actually supports my previous focus on Yosarian. It demonstrates that he has been the only one to attack you openly, yet hasn't lynched you.

I probably should have double checked the thread.

I agree with you on the point that mafia spead as much confusion as possible, but I don't know about blame.

And you still haven't directly answered any questions posed to you, instead you've just attacked and attacked.
Alexander
Alexander
Goon
Alexander
Goon
Goon

Post Post #303 (ISO) » Fri Feb 24, 2006 1:25 pm

Post by Alexander »

If by 'questions posed to me' you refer to your post 265, then I assure you that every question thre was either already answered, or will not be answered at all.(such as the 'why won't you claim' query).
Yosarian2
Yosarian2
(shrug)
Yosarian2
(shrug)
(shrug)

Post Post #304 (ISO) » Fri Feb 24, 2006 4:05 pm

Post by Yosarian2 »

SpamWise wrote:
Alexander wrote:A slightly provocative question to Spamwise: why focus on Yosarian? MeMe and impossibleroot also had the opportunity to add votes to me, and didn't do so, yet you singled him.
I don't think they've been as vocal as Yosarian in this regard. But that does raise an interesting question, because iirc, they too had attacked you.

As for your role claim: If you are pro-town, claiming will help the town more than hinder it.
(shrug) Let me just repeat what I said before.
Yosarian2 wrote:If I'm trying to figure out if someone is scummy or not, I will ask them questions and poke at them to try to get information, but I will not necessarally vote for them right away, especally if they already have a large bandwagon on them
I wanted to figure out if Alexander was scum, so I asked him questions, poked at him, pointed out holes in his logic, and basically did everything I could do to see how he would react. I was never actually convinced he was scum, which was why I never actually voted for him, and the way he has acted in general today and yesterday makes me suspect he's probably pro-town; his actions don't make sense as a scum. It's mostly just a feeling, I could easily be wrong, and if he does other things that look scummy I might change my mind, but for now I don't think he's the best lynch.
I want us to win just for Yos' inevitable rant alone. -CrashTextDummie
impossibleroot
impossibleroot
Townie
impossibleroot
Townie
Townie

Post Post #305 (ISO) » Sat Feb 25, 2006 3:34 pm

Post by impossibleroot »

I'm with you.

FOS: Fritzler
for being Hammah-insistent without firm grounds.
MeMe
MeMe
Post or Perish
MeMe
Post or Perish
Post or Perish

Post Post #306 (ISO) » Sat Feb 25, 2006 5:12 pm

Post by MeMe »

Spam!

Works
two
ways! :wink:
Remember...It's not a lie if you believe it. -- G. Costanza
ziliu
ziliu
Goon
ziliu
Goon
Goon

Post Post #307 (ISO) » Sat Feb 25, 2006 10:23 pm

Post by ziliu »

I'd like to be one of those who'd like a claim from Alexander as well. Seriously, stark refused to claim, but we made him to anyway, despite the case against him being much weaker than the case against you. You can't expect to get away without claiming, so better do so now.

And I'd like to state that my main reason for having my vote on Alexander is the "it was just a test" defense. I've only played one game as mafia here, and when I was that was the defense I had prepared to throw out in case something went wrong. Nothing did, but still, I find it extremely scummy.
Alexander
Alexander
Goon
Alexander
Goon
Goon

Post Post #308 (ISO) » Sun Feb 26, 2006 10:54 am

Post by Alexander »

While I agree that "it was just a test" could be a viable scum tactic, it is far from being a strong indicator of scumness. I can point you toward many games where town players used the same approach.

Take a look for example at Newbie 166, featuring our very own Commodore Amazing. Focus on post 54, to be more specific. When CA was accused of changing his vote too quickly, he came up with "I was just looking for reactions" defense. And if you were to guess he was scum in that game, you'd have been WRONG. He was town.

(I was reading up on this game because I like to cross-reference the behavior of players I am with between different game)
SpamWise
SpamWise
Goon
SpamWise
Goon
Goon

Post Post #309 (ISO) » Sun Feb 26, 2006 9:30 pm

Post by SpamWise »

That doesn't mean you aren't scum though.
VisMaior
VisMaior
Flip Out!
VisMaior
Flip Out!
Flip Out!

Post Post #310 (ISO) » Mon Feb 27, 2006 2:58 am

Post by VisMaior »

Who wants a deadline?
"logic is in the eye of the beholder" -LyingBrian in Eyewitness 1
"correct me if i'm wrong, but isn't the CHANCE of something happening always 50% (either it will or it won't)?" -LyingBrian in BJs Wild West mafia
CoolBot
CoolBot
Mafia Scum
CoolBot
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #311 (ISO) » Mon Feb 27, 2006 5:37 am

Post by CoolBot »

Alexander refusal to claim should be enough to lynch him. There is no reason not to, unless he doesn't trust his ability to make one up. He also is refusing to even give an explanation why he won't claim, suggesting he has no good reason.

I will not be unvoting him, except perhaps for an extraordinary circumstance such as a cop with info.
Commodore Amazing
Commodore Amazing
Out-booyahed
Commodore Amazing
Out-booyahed
Out-booyahed

Post Post #312 (ISO) » Mon Feb 27, 2006 5:42 am

Post by Commodore Amazing »

This game is hard to keep up with.

My thougts on some of the players -

rocko92, CoolBot, ziliu - probably not scum
Alexander - I still think this guy is scum, but he refuses to go down. He has done his homework, and he is putting in the effort, but I remain unconvinced that he's innocent.
MeMe - If the Alexander bandwagon is wrong, my guess is that she's a cop with a guilty on SpamWise, since no one else is paying attention to her except for me. I'm not a fan of how she added the last vote at the end of day one.
Fritzler - Nothing out of the ordinary.
Yosarian2 - No good read on him yet.
impossibleroot - If Alexander is scum, this guy is probably scum too. His defense of Alexander reminds me of my defense of Shteven in Married to Mafia.
SpamWise - Doesn't seem particularly scummy, but he's my first guess for scum if I'm wrong about Alexander.

@Alexander - You are going down. Claim before you go down.

Also, I need to take a good look at the stark bandwagon back there. I think I had a hand in that, so I apologize. But there must have been scum going on in there.
impossibleroot
impossibleroot
Townie
impossibleroot
Townie
Townie

Post Post #313 (ISO) » Mon Feb 27, 2006 5:43 am

Post by impossibleroot »

Okay, you've convinced me. Why no claim Alexander? Too little, too late.

vote: Alexander
impossibleroot
impossibleroot
Townie
impossibleroot
Townie
Townie

Post Post #314 (ISO) » Mon Feb 27, 2006 5:46 am

Post by impossibleroot »

Yikes! Please note that I posted
before
reading CA's above post! Now it looks like I am 'caught scum' by his suspiscion.

Rather than 'defending' him, I was simply waiting for a claim and weighing the strength of the accusations on him. I agreed with Yosarian that his test was probably not a scum tell, but his lack of a claim after so many promptings ended up convincing me.
VisMaior
VisMaior
Flip Out!
VisMaior
Flip Out!
Flip Out!

Post Post #315 (ISO) » Mon Feb 27, 2006 5:46 am

Post by VisMaior »

Alexander 6 (CA,coolbot,Fritzler,Spamwise,ziliu,impossibleroot)
Spamwise 2 (MeMe, Alexander)
rocko 1(Yosarian)

Another townie bites the dust! Tis night, choices please!

//EDIT: wow, somehow a post got eaten. Im baffled here...
//EDIT EDIT:: Please do not delete posts, its BadManners(TM). Were you not dead, Id probably modkill you now :) no offense meant.
"correct me if i'm wrong, but isn't the CHANCE of something happening always 50% (either it will or it won't)?" -LyingBrian in BJs Wild West mafia
VisMaior
VisMaior
Flip Out!
VisMaior
Flip Out!
Flip Out!

Post Post #316 (ISO) » Wed Mar 01, 2006 4:09 am

Post by VisMaior »

Yosarian, townie, dead. 8 alive, 5 to lynch!
ziliu
ziliu
Goon
ziliu
Goon
Goon

Post Post #317 (ISO) » Wed Mar 01, 2006 4:40 am

Post by ziliu »

I'd like to suggest no-lynch, with 8 alive and (probably) 3 scum. Unless there is a cop that would like to share his/her results.
Commodore Amazing
Commodore Amazing
Out-booyahed
Commodore Amazing
Out-booyahed
Out-booyahed

Post Post #318 (ISO) » Wed Mar 01, 2006 5:04 am

ziliu wrote:I'd like to suggest no-lynch, with 8 alive and (probably) 3 scum. Unless there is a cop that would like to share his/her results.
Probably a good idea.
CoolBot
CoolBot
Mafia Scum
CoolBot
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #319 (ISO) » Wed Mar 01, 2006 7:03 am

Post by CoolBot »

I don't agree. With one kill per night, there are no competing scum groups to winnow out their numbers. So, buy no lynching, we are pretty much hoping there's a lucky vig out there.
ziliu
ziliu
Goon
ziliu
Goon
Goon

Post Post #320 (ISO) » Wed Mar 01, 2006 7:07 am

Post by ziliu »

Yes, but assuming one scum group of 3 (there seems to have been only one killing group in this game), we're very much at lynch-or-lose now(assuming no lucky docs or vigs tonight). If we no-lynch, we'll have one more night of investigations and information, and we'll still get our last chance to lynch scum tomorrow.
FoS: CoolBot
Commodore Amazing
Commodore Amazing
Out-booyahed
Commodore Amazing
Out-booyahed
Out-booyahed

Post Post #321 (ISO) » Wed Mar 01, 2006 5:30 pm

CoolBot wrote:I don't agree. With one kill per night, there are no competing scum groups to winnow out their numbers. So, buy no lynching, we are pretty much hoping there's a lucky vig out there.
Well, the big risk is that our information role will get killed at night. If we decide to go no lynch, our cop needs to consider if it's a good idea to come out with the information that he/she has right now.

I think we should have everyone check in and go no lynch after that.
ziliu
ziliu
Goon
ziliu
Goon
Goon

Post Post #322 (ISO) » Wed Mar 01, 2006 9:22 pm

Post by ziliu »

Yup. Can everybody say something at least?
Mafia is not about who is right, mafia is about who is left.
VisMaior
VisMaior
Flip Out!
VisMaior
Flip Out!
Flip Out!

Post Post #323 (ISO) » Wed Mar 01, 2006 9:33 pm

Post by VisMaior »

Something at least.
ziliu
ziliu
Goon
ziliu
Goon
Goon

Post Post #324 (ISO) » Wed Mar 01, 2006 9:50 pm

Post by ziliu »

Not you, doh, you're the mod!

Can everybody 'cept the mod say something at least?
Mafia is not about who is right, mafia is about who is left.

Return to “Completed Mini Normal Games”