Tr1ckster
Tr1ckster
Mafia Scum
Tr1ckster
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #50 (ISO) » Fri May 02, 2014 2:34 am

Post by Tr1ckster »

In post 49, Moonlight wrote:In that game I was part of an informed minority. Is the situation the same here?
No. But it's relatively close.

In both situations you are required to not reveal that you know something that everyone else doesn't.

Can you keep a secret from me?
Moonlight
Moonlight
Mafia Scum
Moonlight
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #51 (ISO) » Fri May 02, 2014 2:45 am

Post by Moonlight »

I'd like to believe so, but this isn't the game where I'll find that out.
Tr1ckster
Tr1ckster
Mafia Scum
Tr1ckster
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #52 (ISO) » Fri May 02, 2014 2:46 am

Post by Tr1ckster »

In post 51, Moonlight wrote:I'd like to believe so, but this isn't the game where I'll find that out.
No, I don't think it will. You've already made a minor townslip.. well.. a minor Moonlight townslip. ;)
Randomnamechange
Randomnamechange
Jack of All Trades
Randomnamechange
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #53 (ISO) » Fri May 02, 2014 2:54 am

Post by Randomnamechange »

Tricks is a playing a very similar game to the game he played when he was town. So yeah.
tman2nd
tman2nd
Goon
tman2nd
Goon
Goon

Post Post #54 (ISO) » Fri May 02, 2014 4:15 am

Post by tman2nd »

Oh, I didn't realize a wagon would appear on my RVS vote. Not to sure about the logic for it, but it's an RVS wagon, so whatever.
Tr1ckster
Tr1ckster
Mafia Scum
Tr1ckster
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #55 (ISO) » Fri May 02, 2014 4:31 am

Post by Tr1ckster »

In post 54, tman2nd wrote:Oh, I didn't realize a wagon would appear on my RVS vote. Not to sure about the logic for it, but it's an RVS wagon, so whatever.
Why would you discount it like that?

Why would you keep your vote on a wagon you don't agree with?
Tr1ckster
Tr1ckster
Mafia Scum
Tr1ckster
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #56 (ISO) » Fri May 02, 2014 4:36 am

Post by Tr1ckster »

FoS tman
Tr1ckster
Tr1ckster
Mafia Scum
Tr1ckster
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #57 (ISO) » Fri May 02, 2014 5:19 am

Post by Tr1ckster »

Cool.

Initial reads:

Scum:

tman2 - why question a wagon and mark it as worthless and keep your vote on it?
Not_Mafia - why worry about who's which mafia?

Null:

finglove - please explain rvs vote.
YurikoJasmine - questions wagon. why?

Town:

Moonlight - seems townie, asks good questions. typical moonlight game start confidence.
randomidget - notes good things
Not_Mafia
Not_Mafia
Smash Hit
Not_Mafia
Smash Hit
Smash Hit

Post Post #58 (ISO) » Fri May 02, 2014 5:29 am

Post by Not_Mafia »

You've yet to actually explain why my question was alignment indicative
Also, what is NM doing? Worst play I’ve ever seen.
I can't remember the last N_M post that wasn't bland, unimaginative and lame. Some shitposters are at least somewhat funny. You are the epitomy of the type of poster that nobody would miss if you were to suddenly disappear. You never add anything of value.
I'm guessing you haven't read the game and probably never will? Why even sign up to play?
Tr1ckster
Tr1ckster
Mafia Scum
Tr1ckster
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #59 (ISO) » Fri May 02, 2014 5:34 am

Post by Tr1ckster »

In post 58, Not_Mafia wrote:You've yet to actually explain why my question was alignment indicative
Fire mafia doesn't care about finding fire mafia, it only wants to find ice mafia and vise versa.

It doesn't matter to town which mafia a player is a part of.. at least not right now. Scum is scum is scum is food for the noose.
Moonlight
Moonlight
Mafia Scum
Moonlight
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #60 (ISO) » Fri May 02, 2014 5:36 am

Post by Moonlight »

@Tricks: I agree with your scumreads and I can't believe that people are calling this a random voting stage when there's a 4-vote wagon. :facepalm:

@Not_Mafia: Your question could have easily been phrased "Are you scum?". It wasn't, which shows that you're looking at scum as two teams of scum instead of just scum. The way I see it, either you're interested in one team more than the other, or you're a Townie who wanted to give that impression to get us out of RVS ASAP.
Tr1ckster
Tr1ckster
Mafia Scum
Tr1ckster
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #61 (ISO) » Fri May 02, 2014 5:39 am

Post by Tr1ckster »

In post 60, Moonlight wrote:@Tricks: I agree with your scumreads and I can't believe that people are calling this a random voting stage when there's a 4-vote wagon. :facepalm:
Agreed. I like town's footing this game. This is a nice place to start, actually. We can get some good discussion going on this.
@Not_Mafia: Your question could have easily been phrased "Are you scum?". It wasn't, which shows that you're looking at scum as two teams of scum instead of just scum. The way I see it, either you're interested in one team more than the other, or you're a Townie who wanted to give that impression to get us out of RVS ASAP.
The fact that he doesn't seem to know why it would be a scumtell makes me strongly doubt it's the latter.
Not_Mafia
Not_Mafia
Smash Hit
Not_Mafia
Smash Hit
Smash Hit

Post Post #62 (ISO) » Fri May 02, 2014 5:51 am

Post by Not_Mafia »

Let's say I am scum. Why would I phrase my question that way, if Trickster is scum then I'd either know which scum he is, if he was my partner, or if he wasn't, which scum team he would have to be on if he was scum. The distinction of which scum is which is far important to town.

See how I can construct an argument saying the opposite. You can wifom and twist what I said 6 ways of Sunday but it will still be a random RVS joke post.

I don't know whether to vote Moonlight for badly twisting innocuous RVS posts in to scum tells, Finglove for wagoning with a naked vote or Trickster for sheeping.

Eenie meenie miny moonlight

VOTE: Moonlight
I can't remember the last N_M post that wasn't bland, unimaginative and lame. Some shitposters are at least somewhat funny. You are the epitomy of the type of poster that nobody would miss if you were to suddenly disappear. You never add anything of value.
I'm guessing you haven't read the game and probably never will? Why even sign up to play?
Tr1ckster
Tr1ckster
Mafia Scum
Tr1ckster
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #63 (ISO) » Fri May 02, 2014 5:56 am

Post by Tr1ckster »

In post 62, Not_Mafia wrote:Let's say I am scum. Why would I phrase my question that way, if Trickster is scum then I'd either know which scum he is, if he was my partner, or if he wasn't, which scum team he would have to be on if he was scum. The distinction of which scum is which is far important to town.

See how I can construct an argument saying the opposite. You can wifom and twist what I said 6 ways of Sunday but it will still be a random RVS joke post.
No, because that doesn't say you're town, it just says you might not be scum. And if you were fire mafia, of course you would ask about fire mafia as well as ice mafia because it would be a major scum tell. You actually
can't
twist it any way you want.
I don't know whether to vote Moonlight for badly twisting innocuous RVS posts in to scum tells, Finglove for wagoning with a naked vote or Trickster for sheeping.

Why is wagoning bad?

I didn't sheep, I posted my own reasons.

I don't like your OMGUS vote.
Tr1ckster
Tr1ckster
Mafia Scum
Tr1ckster
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #64 (ISO) » Fri May 02, 2014 5:57 am

Post by Tr1ckster »

In post 63, Tr1ckster wrote:
In post 62, Not_Mafia wrote:Let's say I am scum. Why would I phrase my question that way, if Trickster is scum then I'd either know which scum he is, if he was my partner, or if he wasn't, which scum team he would have to be on if he was scum. The distinction of which scum is which is far important to town.

No, because that doesn't say you're town, it just says you might not be scum. And if you were fire mafia, of course you would ask about fire mafia as well as ice mafia because it would be a major scum tell
if you didn't
. You actually
can't
twist it any way you want.

Why is wagoning bad?

I didn't sheep, I posted my own reasons.

I don't like your OMGUS vote.

EBWOP
Tr1ckster
Tr1ckster
Mafia Scum
Tr1ckster
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #65 (ISO) » Fri May 02, 2014 5:59 am

Post by Tr1ckster »

And I don't have a problem with stretch arguments when there isn't a better argument out there.
Not_Mafia
Not_Mafia
Smash Hit
Not_Mafia
Smash Hit
Smash Hit

Post Post #66 (ISO) » Fri May 02, 2014 6:09 am

Post by Not_Mafia »

In post 63, Tr1ckster wrote:No, because that doesn't say you're town, it just says you might not be scum.
If you're going to use that standard then there's no such thing as a towny post or a townread, just "might not be scum" posts and "might not be scum reads".
In post 63, Tr1ckster wrote:Why is wagoning bad?
I said him wagoning with a naked vote was bad.
Moonlight
Moonlight
Mafia Scum
Moonlight
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #67 (ISO) » Fri May 02, 2014 6:13 am

Post by Moonlight »

In post 62, Not_Mafia wrote:Let's say I am scum. Why would I phrase my question that way, if Trickster is scum then I'd either know which scum he is, if he was my partner, or if he wasn't, which scum team he would have to be on if he was scum.
Your question answers itself by showing the defense that is implied just by the phrasing of your question to Tricks. It implies "Tricks, I don't know which scum team you're on if you're scum because I'm not scum". The phrasing is superfluous and the fact that you're reacting to this can be for various reasons, towny or not.

In any case, thank you for at least getting us out of the RVS. >_>
Tr1ckster
Tr1ckster
Mafia Scum
Tr1ckster
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #68 (ISO) » Fri May 02, 2014 6:18 am

Post by Tr1ckster »

In post 66, Not_Mafia wrote:If you're going to use that standard then there's no such thing as a towny post or a townread, just "might not be scum" posts and "might not be scum reads".
No. A town read (to me) is someone who is town because of pro-town play. A "not scum" read to me is someone who is not scum due to lack of scumminess.

Either way, your reasoning doesn't defend yourself or support the fact that you're not scum well enough for me to not consider you lynch-worthy.
In post 66, Not_Mafia wrote:I said him wagoning with a naked vote was bad.
Ok. Ask him to explain his vote then. And vote for him instead of Moonlight, who has done nothing to be worthy of your vote.
Not_Mafia
Not_Mafia
Smash Hit
Not_Mafia
Smash Hit
Smash Hit

Post Post #69 (ISO) » Fri May 02, 2014 6:20 am

Post by Not_Mafia »

Why are you so concerned with Moonlight being townread?
Tr1ckster
Tr1ckster
Mafia Scum
Tr1ckster
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #70 (ISO) » Fri May 02, 2014 6:24 am

Post by Tr1ckster »

In post 69, Not_Mafia wrote:Why are you so concerned with Moonlight being townread?
Why are you upset that I'm defending my strongest town read from thrown together OMGUS arguments?
Tr1ckster
Tr1ckster
Mafia Scum
Tr1ckster
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #71 (ISO) » Fri May 02, 2014 6:24 am

Post by Tr1ckster »

In post 69, Not_Mafia wrote:Why are you so concerned with Moonlight being townread?
Give me a good reason he shouldn't be townread.
Not_Mafia
Not_Mafia
Smash Hit
Not_Mafia
Smash Hit
Smash Hit

Post Post #72 (ISO) » Fri May 02, 2014 6:26 am

Post by Not_Mafia »

You know what my reasons for voting him are
Tr1ckster
Tr1ckster
Mafia Scum
Tr1ckster
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #73 (ISO) » Fri May 02, 2014 6:31 am

Post by Tr1ckster »

In post 72, Not_Mafia wrote:You know what my reasons for voting him are
Spoiler:
In post 62, Not_Mafia wrote:I don't know whether to vote Moonlight for badly twisting innocuous RVS posts in to scum tells
In post 62, Not_Mafia wrote:Eenie meenie miny moonlight

A mixture of "eenie meenie miny moe", an OMGUS vote, and a claim about an argument that you have yet to disprove?

Yeah... not buying it.

You still don't have a good reason to vote for him. The only one that has potential is the claim that his argument is a stretch, and if anyone's argument here is a stretch, it's yours. I've seen several scum playing this setup on another sight caught making the slip you made or a similar slip. Your argument doesn't back you up enough or disprove his argument in any way. You have yet to even prove it's a stretch.

Because of this, I've marked you down as having a random reason, an knee-jerk reaction reason, and a disproven reason respectively, none of which say he's scum, and all of which seem to say you're scum.
Paschendale
Paschendale
Mafia Scum
Paschendale
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #74 (ISO) » Fri May 02, 2014 6:40 am

Post by Paschendale »

Sorry about inactivity. There's some kinks in getting the hydra set up. Mastin is V/LA until Monday, so I'll start and we'll collect everything in a quoted post by the hydra once we get it sorted out. These are Pasch thoughts alone, not discussed with Mastin.

YurikoJasmine's vote looks like the first legit one. There really doesn't seem to be any justification for voting N_M, and the people doing so know it.

Trickster, why are you afraid of derphammering if you're so sure that N_M is scum to run him close to a lynch on page two?
In post 55, Tr1ckster wrote:Why would you discount it like that?
Because he doesn't agree with it and doesn't think it warrants a lynch, duh.
Why would you keep your vote on a wagon you don't agree with?
That's a good question. Why IS your vote still on it, Tman?
In post 59, Tr1ckster wrote:
In post 58, Not_Mafia wrote:You've yet to actually explain why my question was alignment indicative
Fire mafia doesn't care about finding fire mafia, it only wants to find ice mafia and vise versa.

It doesn't matter to town which mafia a player is a part of.. at least not right now. Scum is scum is scum is food for the noose.
I feel like this is a stretch. A big stretch. The question was essentially a comment on the theme. And unless you expected someone to actually answer the question directly, it couldn't possibly gain scum any knowledge. There is no scum-benefiting way for that question to resolve. It's just banter and I don't see it as alignment indicative at all.

Trickster and Moonlight definitely look town, but I think they're barking up the wrong tree. I think Tman's reaction is much more suspect than N_M's question, and the Moonlight vote is just dumb.

I wouldn't give Midget at townread. Of four posts, only one is content, and it's a weak meta comment.

Finglove also needs to give reasons for his votes and comment on how things are unfolding. Pasch does not like naked votes.

VOTE: Tman

Return to “Completed Open Games”