Post Post #475 (ISO) » Sun Oct 25, 2015 5:56 am

Post by MarioManiac4 »

WILL GET ONE ONLY TO REALISE NO VC CHANGES

AngryPidgeon (1)- Performer
Keyser Soze (1)- AngryPidgeon
Aristophanes (1)- Keyser Soze
Trivium (6)- Garmr, grayfoxxxx, Zulfy, Gimlear, makara, Aristophanes
Not Voting (4)- Trivium, toolenduso, Lapsa, JarJarDrinks
With 13 alive it takes 7 votes to lynch.

Mod Notes: Finally, the pagetop is mine
Deadline is in (expired on 2015-10-27 13:28:07)
Last edited by MarioManiac4 on Mon Oct 26, 2015 4:34 am, edited 2 times in total.
Zulfy
Zulfy
Mafia Scum
Zulfy
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #476 (ISO) » Sun Oct 25, 2015 7:59 am

Post by Zulfy »

In post 450, AngryPidgeon wrote:
In post 80, Zulfy wrote:Toolenduso, Keyser and Lapsa for scumteam

Lapsa meaninglessly engaging Keyser, Keyser conveniently deciding this makes him town, Lapsa backing that notion up.
Wait no, scum's not gonna make it that easy.

Lol, probably town. Very cheeky if scum, probably just town.

I don't get it.

In post 450, AngryPidgeon wrote:
In post 147, Zulfy wrote:Which one is it? You either believe him and it's null, or you believe JarJar and he's trying to appear town.

This isn't strictly true. There is a 3rd option which is that Aris has no real opinion on the matter but doesn't see why other people cannot. Here is what happened.

Trivium expressed suspicion of Keyser for asking the question at all.
Tool brought up evidence that Keyser does this as town, invalidating Trivium's case.
Aris points out to Tool that Keyser having town meta of this does not make Keyser town necessarily (although Tool himself never really expressed a formal opinion on the matter of the meta he found so I do still want to know what he thinks, Trivium's opinion aside. So I'm not sure what you are getting at with this post; Aris is just prodding for follow up on Tool's opinion which is a pretty town thing to do. I have generally liked the rest of your posts :S

Here, let's traverse time and space and visit the person that I used to be.

In post 147, Zulfy wrote:
In post 100, Aristophanes wrote:

I like JarJar's point in about Keyser trying to appear town with that question.
Zulfiqar here! So you see, JarJar said that Keyser was trying to appear town by publicly asking about daychat, and Aris likes that point he made.

This ellipsis signifies a break within the quote I'm quoting.

In post 92, toolenduso wrote:I'm just going to leave this here.

Also this.
So what?
He said he asks every game, and that's fine. I believed him.
Woah! Hold up hold up. If you believed Keyser had innocent intentions when asking that question, why like Jar's point that he's trying to appear town with it?

His reaction to people's reactions to it is what I don't like right now.
Why did you go out of your way to find these, Tool?

Which one is it? You either believe him and it's null, or you believe JarJar and he's trying to appear town.
I stand by this question. Aris disregarded it as saying that he wasn't contradicting himself, rather it was a "progression" within the same post but I don't see it.
makara
makara
Goon
makara
Goon
Goon
Happy Birthday!

Post Post #477 (ISO) » Sun Oct 25, 2015 10:09 am

Post by makara »

UNVOTE: - I'll be keeping my eye on Angry but so far I like his entrance. Well thought out posts. I'm still suspicous of BMR's absence while posting elsewhere but my vote is better off elsewhere
VOTE: Trivium - I looked through Triv's past scumgame and his playstyle seems pretty similar here. His defense in 171 was awful and was just saying "i'm town", and he hasn't scumhunted much at all. His recent defense is still the same and he offers no concrete reasons why he should not be todays lynch.

Ideally I would prefer a Grayfox lynch but with the deadline getting closer I think that Trivium is the only plausible lynch today that makes a lot of sense.

@Zulfy - on d2 I'm usually able to get better reads along with being more engaged with the game.

@Trivium - why should we not lynch you? Who are your biggest scumreads right now? PS PLEASE STOP QUOTING WALLS.
Lapsa
Lapsa
Mafia Scum
Lapsa
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #478 (ISO) » Sun Oct 25, 2015 10:20 am

Post by Lapsa »

In post 477, makara wrote:I looked through Triv's past scumgame and his playstyle seems pretty similar here

did same and i disagree, makara
abcedminded
Trivium
Trivium
Mafia Scum
Trivium
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #479 (ISO) » Sun Oct 25, 2015 11:32 am

Post by Trivium »

How is it similar to my scumplay?
Garmr
Garmr
Survivor
Garmr
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #480 (ISO) » Sun Oct 25, 2015 1:39 pm

Post by Garmr »

trivium is l-1 with 1 day left.
Gimlear
Gimlear
Goon
Gimlear
Goon
Goon

Post Post #481 (ISO) » Sun Oct 25, 2015 1:45 pm

Post by Gimlear »

In post 480, Garmr wrote:trivium is l-1 with 1 day left.

No, he's at L-2. Makara's vote is included in the VC at the top.
Aristophanes
Aristophanes
He/Him
Mr. Blue Sky
Aristophanes
He/Him
Mr. Blue Sky
Mr. Blue Sky
Pronoun: He/Him

Post Post #482 (ISO) » Sun Oct 25, 2015 3:01 pm

Post by Aristophanes »

Pg. 15!
In post 352, Zulfy wrote:
In post 334, Aristophanes wrote:
Trivium Wagon breakdown:
Zulfy: Quotes me, twice. Points out a discrepancy in my Keyser read (though not really, as it was a progression within the same post, but I digress). Then votes Triv without mentioning him?? Weird. Maybe scum slipping a vote in slyly? I don't think so though. I'm not null on this post, I'm torn on it. No ranking available at this time.

[...]

Ohey, finally a vote-reason from Zulf. It's...meh. Doesn't really make me feel either way on him. I don't like it when I am conflicted for too long and it generally degrades to a null-scum read because town are more pushy and scum more null a lot of the time. I think that's a good spot for Zulf right now in fact. He also then comments on the fact that we can finally put some pressure on somebody, woohoo, but refrains from doing so himself. Yep, that pushes him firmly into a scumlean. cool.

How about walking me through that progression then?
I don't refrain from doing anything, I voted Trivium because I believe him to be scum and saw a good-looking wagon on the guy, I wanted to see how he would react to an L1 on him, his reaction hasn't satisfied me, although it apparently has for the rest of the wagon.

To everyone: I'll give a wider read tomorrow on things.
I think this is one of the things you asked me about. So, my posts (in case you couldn't discern this) generally are a progressive process in which I make my current thoughts known. If they change throughout, I don't go back and edit out previous thoughts, as that is not helpful later on. I started off the post thinking it was more scummy than not. I later was alerted to his other game instances, and thus nulled that part of my post. I don't see the issue here.

In post 354, makara wrote:@Trivium, do you have any completed scum games and if so pls link me to them?

Also, how would you read your play as an observer?
This is an odd question. What was the point of it?

If Blue ends up being scum, take a close look at JarJar.
They seem linked, yet purposefully distanced.

Trivium's vote on Lapsa is opportunistic and survivalist. I'm not sure whether this is more towny or scummy, but I want to read it as the latter.

Pg. 16
In post 383, Zulfy wrote:Thinking things over, I DO mind a lynch on bluemoon, he hasn't even been lurking, inactive is the better word.
I mean, this is basically my play at this point too. What gives BMR a pass where I get a scumlean?

Also, the post about Triv getting more leniency than Blue (forgot to quote it) - do you think this is because scum tried to fight the wagon or at least give their buddy some space, whereas BMR got them to pile in? Just a note for later mostly, but could be important.

JarJar's push to BMR L-1 is fine with me. His reasons are sound enough.

In post 400, Keyser Söze wrote:We need:
- someone to post 'intent to hammer'
- BlueMoonRising to post a defence or anything that looks like scum-hunting
- are we happy with BlueMoonRising's defence/reads?
- YES? we unvote.
- NO? BlueMoonRising roleclaims.

Are we going to spend the next 4 days talking about a player who isn't posting, or can't defend himself?
That is not productive.
Let's look at the active players.

However, if we are still in the same position as we are now with 12-18 hours left on the clock, I will fully support the BlueMoonRising lynch - I wouldn't give a f*** if he's town anymore, or if he even is the 4-shot Bulletproof Jack-of-all-Trades Innocent Townie.
This reads town-oriented to me, though I think there are aspects that are not the greatest. Wanting to avoid hammer is towny in theory, and his reasons are sound. I am of a different viewpoint (if they are scum and you're fairly certain, just lynch it already).

Not as much to comment on here. Glad we got a replacement of BMR since he flaked. Greyfoxx is still off due to being a new parent.

Pg. 17
In post 435, AngryPidgeon wrote:Great. Im glad your thoughtful consideration of my post led you to the insight that we are going to clash.
This is good. Combined with the catchup, I like you.

@Performer,
What about AP's entry do you not like?
What is scummy there?

Pg. 19 ( yes, I'm speeding up a bit to finish this. I'm still reading everything, just not everything is as commeny-able without a certain amount of hindsight.
In post 453, JarJarDrinks wrote:UNVOTE:

Angrys catchup is like watching a recap of my thought progression this game in fast forward. We seem to be very much on the same page. Don't want to lynch the slot anymore.
Why do you have to keep doing this.
Similar thoughts are not a good reason to townread someone. I agree that I like his posts. Like, a lot thus far. But it shouldn't be the only reason to switch from a push as if scum to a townread. (I know you don't say it's a townread, but it is heavily implied by this post, especially when your past reads are taken into account).

Tools, did you go over the Isos of the 4 you mentioned (Myself, Perf, AP/BMR, and Gramr)?
What did this get you reads-wise?

zulfy raises a few good points here in his posts. I'd like to see them addressed.
Bad play =/= scummy play for one.
I would like to point out that there is a difference between agreeing and buddying. Not that I thought you were doing the latter.

Aaaaaand we're at my catchup posts!!!!!!!
I did it!!!!!!
XD

I guess I'll include Pg. 20 in this (to this point)

Zulf, I addressed that in this post. Do you still see the progression as faked or...?

Makara not knowing where his vote is honestly reads as town for me. If they were scum I'd assume them to be much more aware of a detail like this.

In post 478, Lapsa wrote:
In post 477, makara wrote:I looked through Triv's past scumgame and his playstyle seems pretty similar here

did same and i disagree, makara
Is this....actual words, in a decently coherent sentence, from Lapsa!?!?
I'd like this to continue.
Lapsa, what did you see in past scumgames that differs from what you see here?
Makara, what was the same as here from those games?
Half meme, Half real, All Aristophanes ;)
- Jingle
Ari has appeared way too competent for me to even pretend to know what they're thinking
- MooseEatsBear on discord mafia
it wouldn’t be an ari sig unless it takes up half the screen on mobile - Vonflare
Aristophanes
Aristophanes
He/Him
Mr. Blue Sky
Aristophanes
He/Him
Mr. Blue Sky
Mr. Blue Sky

Post Post #483 (ISO) » Sun Oct 25, 2015 3:03 pm

Post by Aristophanes »

Holy shit, I finished and still have time to be here before bed.
Anyone wanna bounce stuff off me now that I'm actually here?

I am also going to vote Triv in the morning assuming nothing else arises to ensure a lynch occurs this phase.
- Jingle
Ari has appeared way too competent for me to even pretend to know what they're thinking
it wouldn’t be an ari sig unless it takes up half the screen on mobile - Vonflare
Gimlear
Gimlear
Goon
Gimlear
Goon
Goon

Post Post #484 (ISO) » Sun Oct 25, 2015 5:13 pm

Post by Gimlear »

In post 482, Aristophanes wrote:
Makara not knowing where his vote is honestly reads as town for me. If they were scum I'd assume them to be much more aware of a detail like this.

First, Makara was voting BMR before that post. Mario just edited the post to include the vote.

Second, even if he did, how is this a town thing? It doesn't seem at all alignment indicative.
Lapsa
Lapsa
Mafia Scum
Lapsa
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #485 (ISO) » Sun Oct 25, 2015 7:48 pm

Post by Lapsa »

In post 482, Aristophanes wrote:Lapsa, what did you see in past scumgame
s
that differs from what you see here?

e.g. frequency of posts
abcedminded
Aristophanes
Aristophanes
He/Him
Mr. Blue Sky
Aristophanes
He/Him
Mr. Blue Sky
Mr. Blue Sky

Post Post #486 (ISO) » Mon Oct 26, 2015 12:28 am

Post by Aristophanes »

In post 484, Gimlear wrote:

First, Makara was voting BMR before that post. Mario just edited the post to include the vote.

Second, even if he did, how is this a town thing? It doesn't seem at all alignment indicative.
Noted.
I think it more town even though it is arguably non-indicative of alignment because scum generally place their vores strategically and are thus more aware of it. Town often throw them around more willy-nilly and thus may forget where it is.
As scum, I am always aware of where my vote is. As town, I often forget unless there's a potential hammer to be worried about.
- Jingle
Aristophanes
Aristophanes
He/Him
Mr. Blue Sky
Aristophanes
He/Him
Mr. Blue Sky
Mr. Blue Sky

Post Post #487 (ISO) » Mon Oct 26, 2015 12:30 am

Post by Aristophanes »

In post 485, Lapsa wrote:
In post 482, Aristophanes wrote:Lapsa, what did you see in past scumgame
s
that differs from what you see here?

e.g. frequency of posts
Interesting, though activity is an easily changed thing.
Did Triv do well that game? (To anyone around)
- Jingle
Aristophanes
Aristophanes
He/Him
Mr. Blue Sky
Aristophanes
He/Him
Mr. Blue Sky
Mr. Blue Sky

Post Post #488 (ISO) » Mon Oct 26, 2015 12:31 am

Post by Aristophanes »

Also,
VOTE: Triv
As promised.

We have 25 hours.
- Jingle
Lapsa
Lapsa
Mafia Scum
Lapsa
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #489 (ISO) » Mon Oct 26, 2015 12:44 am

Post by Lapsa »

In post 487, Aristophanes wrote:Did Triv do well that game? (To anyone around)

10/10
abcedminded
Aristophanes
Aristophanes
He/Him
Mr. Blue Sky
Aristophanes
He/Him
Mr. Blue Sky
Mr. Blue Sky

Post Post #490 (ISO) » Mon Oct 26, 2015 12:49 am

Post by Aristophanes »

In post 489, Lapsa wrote:
In post 487, Aristophanes wrote:Did Triv do well that game? (To anyone around)

10/10
So he is unlikely to have changed his meta then...

I'd like to review that game, but we don't have time to make a proper counter at this point and he was doomed to be lynched as soon as the BMR/AP wagon died. I'm alright with this lynch, it just feels like we're settling.
- Jingle
JarJarDrinks
JarJarDrinks
Mafia Scum
JarJarDrinks
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #491 (ISO) » Mon Oct 26, 2015 1:29 am

Post by JarJarDrinks »

back. catching up.
JarJarDrinks
JarJarDrinks
Mafia Scum
JarJarDrinks
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #492 (ISO) » Mon Oct 26, 2015 1:50 am

Post by JarJarDrinks »

In post 461, Zulfy wrote:
In post 395, JarJarDrinks wrote:
In post 378, Zulfy wrote:I at least want BlueMoon to get the same amount of leniency that Trivium had during his wagon
But triv @ least is being active and posting stuff. He tried to defend himself. Bluemoon has 6 garbage posts including a promise to post more like 4 days ago. Exactly how much leniency should he be given?

Are your points on BMR strong enough to now suspect the bird?

the bird = AngryPidgeon I assume? If so then no. As I said above when I unvoted, I'm a fan of Angrys recap and am not scumreading the slot anymore.
JarJarDrinks
JarJarDrinks
Mafia Scum
JarJarDrinks
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #493 (ISO) » Mon Oct 26, 2015 2:26 am

Post by JarJarDrinks »

In post 463, Zulfy wrote:
In post 418, JarJarDrinks wrote:

Aris
- townread. Sure he only has like 2 posts w/ any real content but I like em.
He seems to have very similar thoughts to me.

Keyser
- I think I'm townleaning now. The daytalk question was proved to be non-alignment indicative though I didn't like how he initially responded to the pressure. But he hasn't really done anything else since then that reads scummy to me despite being superactive.

Gimlear
- mostly null maybe a slight townlean
due to him having similar reads to me
and asking some decent questions. Would like him to post more.

Zulfy
- null. I got some scum pings from him early game cause
I felt like he was buddying me
but other than that I like his posts.

Performer
- I definitely don't have a problem w/ people scumreading him cause he does come across pretty scummy. I'm just hesitant cause like I said, I lead a mislynch on him in the one game we played together so it's definitely possible for him to be scummy as town. null for now

makara
- was gonna say null but after a reread I think I'm slightly scumleaning. Most of his posts are pretty contentless. The only thing he's really given us was his one readlist. Would like to see more from him as well.

Garmr
- scumleaning. I feel like alot of his reasoning is empty. Giving keyser that early townread cause of the "way he handled his wagon" really didnt sit well w/ me. I thought keyser handled his wagon pretty poorly. And his "I think scum pushed tri up to l-1 on purpose" argument seems contrived as well. Plus he was damn defensive when I called him out about it.

1) When did I buddy you?
2) Did the other ones not buddy you? (I'm assuming here, that
they
agreed with
you
and not the other way around)

Spoiler:
In post 109, Zulfy wrote:
In post 91, Keyser Söze wrote:
In post 72, JarJarDrinks wrote:
In post 68, Keyser Söze wrote:@JarJarDrinks - I asked you these questions because you have short-sightedly concluded that I would
only have scum-motivation to ask
that simple game set-up related question. There is no evaluation which I hoped for/expected. You earn a scum point for that reaction.

"short-sightedly concluded" is a strange way to describe something that you're handing out scum points for.

Just to confirm, do you therefore support Trivium's reasoning:

You didn't give a response to his point. If he is being foolish by suspecting that you're scum because of the daychat question,
why then would you say that he has earned scum points?
Also, I might be wrong here, but I think that the fact that you've asked that in all your town games means little, since you've only ever played as town on this forum.

In post 122, Zulfy wrote:
In post 120, BlueMoonRising wrote:
Vote: JarJar

For not baking down from an obviously bad position.

but Lapsa is also scummy.

I agree with your observation, but not your conclusion. If it was so obvious JarJar wouldn't be pursuing that.
Keyer Soze, you haven't answered my question.

Totally different than just making points that I agree with. These are soft-defenses of things I've posted.

In post 463, Zulfy wrote:Why did Keyser handle his wagon poorly?

Cause all he did was scream about how what he did didn't automatically make him scum and it felt like he was trying to turn the argument against me instead.
JarJarDrinks
JarJarDrinks
Mafia Scum
JarJarDrinks
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #494 (ISO) » Mon Oct 26, 2015 2:56 am

Post by JarJarDrinks »

In post 453, JarJarDrinks wrote:UNVOTE:

Angrys catchup is like watching a recap of my thought progression this game in fast forward. We seem to be very much on the same page. Don't want to lynch the slot anymore.
Why do you have to keep doing this.
Similar thoughts are not a good reason to townread someone. I agree that I like his posts. Like, a lot thus far. But it shouldn't be the only reason to switch from a push as if scum to a townread. (I know you don't say it's a townread, but it is heavily implied by this post, especially when your past reads are taken into account).

I disagree that "Similar thoughts are not a good reason to townread someone". Sure I shouldn't base my entire read on em but I'm surely gonna take it strongly into account. Especially on day 1 when there isn't much other stuff like flips/vote patterns/night actions to analyze.
JarJarDrinks
JarJarDrinks
Mafia Scum
JarJarDrinks
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #495 (ISO) » Mon Oct 26, 2015 4:25 am

Post by JarJarDrinks »

As for Triv, I can certainly see reasons for thinking he's scummy when looking @ his ISO in a vacuum. Reason I don't wanna lynch him is cause I feel like:

- His wagon formed way too easily. Yes, I've seen it happen also w/ scum. But more often it should feel difficult getting scum lynched. Especially this early.

- The main reason though is cause there's scummyness dripping all over his wagon. Pretty much everyone I'm scumreading or scumleaning is on triv except Lapsa. And what Lapsa is doing is just as bad cause he's seemingly defending triv but w/o any conviction. (will get more into Lapsa in a bit)
MarioManiac4
MarioManiac4
Jack of All Trades
MarioManiac4
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #496 (ISO) » Mon Oct 26, 2015 4:26 am

Post by MarioManiac4 »

Prodded AngryPidgeon, Keyser Soze and Performer.
toolenduso
toolenduso
Mafia Scum
toolenduso
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #497 (ISO) » Mon Oct 26, 2015 4:32 am

Post by toolenduso »

I've been going through those ISOs in my spare time this weekend; fallen behind a little on the most recent posts. My top priority is to get my vote somewhere, I'll catch up with the most recent posts later.

So a vote is incoming, but I do want to say this. I think Trivium is the most likely lynch right now and we are nearing deadline so I support him claiming now because if town pulls off his wagon due to his claim then we won't have much time to redirect.
"Half of the game is figuring out who the scum is. The other half is convincing everyone else that you're right." -- PlaysWithSquirrels, in Newbie 437
Keyser Söze
Keyser Söze
Jack of All Trades
Keyser Söze
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #498 (ISO) » Mon Oct 26, 2015 4:43 am

Post by Keyser Söze »

I am currently on vacation but with
unlimited
access, but I don't want to spend my afternoon on mafiascum :mrgreen: I will be online this evening.

Trivium, sorry chap, roleclaim please.

All my scum-lean reads are on his wagon, so I welcome a town-flip.
toolenduso
toolenduso
Mafia Scum
toolenduso
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #499 (ISO) » Mon Oct 26, 2015 4:44 am

Post by toolenduso »

To clarify, that was not intent. I am not voting for Trivium.
"Half of the game is figuring out who the scum is. The other half is convincing everyone else that you're right." -- PlaysWithSquirrels, in Newbie 437

Return to “Completed Mini Normal Games”