Mike Amok
Mike Amok
Townie
Mike Amok
Townie
Townie

Post Post #300 (ISO) » Sun May 02, 2004 4:25 pm

Post by Mike Amok »

Hah. That was one result I was definitely not expecting. massive, great ideas! I absolutely meant it when I said I like your style. I do think the setup was skewed against the town. Coming into a normal mini, I just don't expect things to be all backwards, even with the hints. I found scum on my first two investigations, but lots of good that did me!
The important thing is that it was VERY fun.

Rick, that was getting brutal near the end. :lol: It sounded like utter bunk to me, but I guess the town bought it. ;)
Good play, mikehart. We were all so sure you were innocent.
[size=75]This space intentionally left blank.[/size]
bigbenwd
bigbenwd
got thread?
bigbenwd
got thread?
got thread?

Post Post #301 (ISO) » Sun May 02, 2004 4:29 pm

Post by bigbenwd »

by the way, I'd like to give kudos to rick, he did a great job as mafia, he pretty much carried me through the game, inlcluding setting up all of our results and reasons for investigation and who we would investigate each night. is pms to me were rarely under a page long :lol:
"Plato is a lot of fun. It comes in many colors. You can put it through the plato fun factory, and make spaghetti out of it. You shouldn't eat it, but if you do, your poop turns different colors."
-Werebear
Mike Amok
Mike Amok
Townie
Mike Amok
Townie
Townie

Post Post #302 (ISO) » Sun May 02, 2004 4:34 pm

Post by Mike Amok »

I agree, he did carry you. :P
Seriously, great performance, Rick.
[size=75]This space intentionally left blank.[/size]
MeMe
MeMe
Post or Perish
MeMe
Post or Perish
Post or Perish

Post Post #303 (ISO) » Sun May 02, 2004 4:53 pm

Post by MeMe »

Well, this was definitely fun...wish I could've lasted longer! Very nice job, scum.

And massive - you're evil. (But, for the record, mneme flipped roles in #50).
Remember...It's not a lie if you believe it. -- G. Costanza
Rick
Rick
Goon
Rick
Goon
Goon

Post Post #304 (ISO) » Mon May 03, 2004 3:12 am

Post by Rick »

Massive,

Absolutely fantastic. Superb setup and style, great misdirection and I thoroughly enjoyed myself.
Massive wrote:So I had my initial idea. I took the cops and made them the Mafia
Hmmm?
I took the doctor and turned it into the serial killer (which is what MeMe was, with a good shot of winning, if she hadn't been blocked on the first night!).
Nice play by mikehart, if not a little lucky. I wonder who MeMe’s target was?
Then I took former anti-town roles like the mafia attorney, the vandal, and the serial killer, and filled in decent pro-town roles around them.
The mafia attorney: see I knew that the lawyer was bad.
I knew going in that there was a strong possibility that the Mafia could just claim their roles and be safe, so I split the cops and the fire chief into two groups. Mikehart couldn't talk with bigbenwd and Rick at night.
What Massive didn’t say is that although I knew that there was a third player on our side, I didn’t know who s/he was, until mikehart claimed! Although I did know that the third member was the Fire Chief Paul Carson.
And hey, even when mikehart claimed I still didn’t know for sure that I could trust him, especially in this topsy-turvy game
(more may be apparent when you see my PM). I had no idea what mikehart knew, nor even what my own partner knew about him (and I still don’t); I did try and get it out of Massive but he wouldn’t budge an inch (and rightly so).
PLUS there was the factor that the killing parties would figure out what I was up to, and end up killing off each other.
Yeah I was getting quite paranoid about this, and started suspecting everyone as SK. That is why in the last twilight I was still posting as I thought Phoebus may turn violent. The message to mikehart was real: I wanted mikehart to block GC (remember I couldn’t PM mikehart at night), and I was going to bump off Phoebus
(sorry).
The only thing I couldn’t fathom out was why everyone thought that mikehart was so innocent! That is one very clever and shrewd player.
There was a second degree of misdirection in the setup: ZONEACE's socialite

Shame Zoneace got it so quickly.

As for misdirection. It totally had me. I thought MeMe, Doctor Gene S
poolicer
was the ‘cop’ and had the shock of my life with Mike Amok’s role claim. Heck I did enjoy our little dialogue though. All I can say is that I had the advantage with two friends.
Mike Amok wrote:Rick, that was getting brutal near the end. It sounded like utter bunk to me, but I guess the town bought it.
Good play, mikehart. We were all so sure you were innocent.
At times it sounded bunk to me! I don’t think that the other players would have bought it without mikehart’s and Ben’s help. The mafia will always have the advantage if they can work together. Plus I only needed one to turn. Well done to mikehart and Ben.

I don’t think that the setup was skewed against the town. For a start I was never sure for certain that mikehart was truly on our side. And I think we had a fair bit of luck. First mikehart blocked meme, then the taxi driver didn’t get his ride in time, (and lied about it which worked in our favour). Then there was always the possibility that I would hit the fire chief in the night by mistake and vice versa. So when MeMe revealed that she
wasn’t
the fire chief, she automatically became the hit in the night, didn’t want to bump off my own team member did I? Nope I think there was a fair bit of luck, but even so I still have to say well done to the police team.
Rick
Rick
Goon
Rick
Goon
Goon

Post Post #305 (ISO) » Mon May 03, 2004 3:47 am

Post by Rick »

Green Crayons wrote:Why exactly did mikehart claim? I'm not disputing his claim, but a role-blocker is a good backup cop.

Gnome's post
is
suspicious, but it makes me wonder if scum would really be that obvious.
Ohhh, this was
so close
that I thought it was going to be the turning point.

I wonder if you knew how close you were to solving everything? I would like to hear what you were thinking.
MeMe
MeMe
Post or Perish
MeMe
Post or Perish
Post or Perish

Post Post #306 (ISO) » Mon May 03, 2004 3:58 am

Post by MeMe »

I targeted mikehart night 1
Remember...It's not a lie if you believe it. -- G. Costanza
massive
massive
Mafia Scum
massive
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #307 (ISO) » Mon May 03, 2004 4:08 am

Post by massive »

Role1 (Rick): Officer George Hangwell (Technically Anti-Town, But They Suck Anyways)

You are Officer George Hangwell, one of two remaining law enforcement officials in Saccovanzetti. After seeing your fellow police officers hunted down and hung during the last Mafia incursion, you’ve decided that martial law is the only way to keep peace and order in this town. Each night, you select one player who you feel is guilty, and extract a confession from them by using any force necessary. If they won’t recant their evil deeds, then you’ll just have to ensure that they never threaten your town or your safety again … ever. You can also talk with Deputy Willie Fessup (bigbenwd) each night before deciding who to extract a confession from.

Each night, send in the choice of a person to, um, interrogate, as well as which of you will be performing the action.

You also know that the former fire chief, Paul Carson, is still in town. You win when the three of you are the only three people remaining in town. But Willie doesn’t know that Fire Chief Carson is still alive, and it might be wise to keep that your own little secret.

Role2 (bigbenwd): Deputy Willie Fessup (Technically Anti-Town, But They Suck Anyways)

You are Police Deputy William T. Fessup, although everyone calls you Willie. You are one of two remaining law enforcement officials in Saccovanzetti. After seeing your police chums hunted down like dogs in the last Mafia excursion, you’re following in the steps of your mentor Officer George Hangwell (Rick) and instituting martial law to return this town to law and order.

Each night, you and Officer Hangwell will discuss, and Officer Hangwell will send me the name of a player that you will confront and punish for their crimes against the town, as well as which of you will be performing the action.

Role3 (mikehart): Fire Chief Paul Carson (Technically Anti-Town, But They Suck Anyways)

You are former Fire Chief Paul Carson. A few years ago, you won the hearts of the town as you acted selflessly and nobly in the capture and hanging of several Mafia members. But, as the years have gone on, your fame has faded, and you don’t catch the eye of young ladies in town any more. To that end, you’ve decided to take matters into your own hands and recapture that faded youth. Each night, you select a player’s house to, ahem, find on fire. Rescuing them from the tragedy of the blaze will take the whole night, and prevent them from doing anything else that night.

You also know that Officer George Hangwell and Deputy Willie Fessup, the only cops left in town, are still around. Your win condition is to be alive with just those two at the end of the game.

Role4 (MeMe): Doctor Gene Spoolicer (Technically Anti-Town, But They Suck Anyways)

You are Doctor Gene Spoolicer, famed morphobiologist and resident genius of the city of Saccovanzetti. The town scoffed at your patented Menace And Fulmination Investigation Apparatus (MAFIA) during the last go-round with these no-goodniks, and you realized (during the hours locked away in your lab) that the town has NEVER appreciated the good works that you do. Obviously the town is not as smart as you are. You can fix that now.

Each night, you may send me the name of a player that you will use as a test subject for your Personal Operation and Intellect Strengthening and Outspreading Neuroagent (POISON). The neuroagent is designed to do one of two things: if the target is intelligent on his or her own, the neuroagent will give them remarkable leaps and bounds of understanding, almost to parallel your own thinking. If the target is not intelligent, then the neuroagent will sadly kill them, but they will die with the understanding that they sacrificed their life for the betterment of the entire town. You win when the town only contains people on your level of intellect.
"1AM .. not a good time to think I started mixing massive and mathcam" - Totem, DP8
"unvote mlaker; vote massive; It's like MeMe/mneme and Corsato/Cadmium" - Dragon Phoenix, Newbie 38
PLEASE NOTE: I actively avoid being online on weekends! Don't replace me just because of this!
massive
massive
Mafia Scum
massive
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #308 (ISO) » Mon May 03, 2004 4:13 am

Post by massive »

Role5 (Mike Amok): Paolo Giamatti (Pro-Town)

You are Paolo Giamatti, local lawyer and ambulance-chaser. You haven’t exactly had the best reputation in town after being selected by the District Attorney to represent the culprits of the last Mafia scare. What no one understood was your dedication to your craft, or your hard-working, ethical approach to ALL your clients, guilty or innocent. Business is slacking, but you still want to prosper in this little two-bit town.

Each night, you may send me the name of a player that you will research in the legal journals and newspapers of the past five years.

Role6 (Phoebus): Todd Markham (Pro-Town)

You are young Todd Markham, a somewhat troubled youth trying to work through the stresses, trials, and tribulations of your young-adulthood. You’re generally a good kid … fair grades, a nice home, a sweet girlfriend – but for all this, you still have the urge to go out and make a little trouble. Using budding artistic talent as an excuse, you’ve made a hobby of vandalizing the neighborhoods of Saccovanzetti.

Each night, you may send me the name of a player whose house you wish to vandalize. Your win condition is to eliminate all the disruptive parties in town.

Role7 (Jolle): Carl Killingspree / Carl Willingham (Pro-Town)

You are Carl Killingspree, a psychotic serial killer with a trail of dead bodies that stretch from coast to coast. Or rather, you WERE Carl Killingspree, before you were brought to justice and paid your debt to society. Now, thanks to a steady diet of Prolaxa™ and wheat germ, you keep the voices in your head at bay, and work as Carl Willingham, a clerk at the local grocery store. However, due to the strenuous times in Saccovanzetti, you’re considering going off the medication to help try and bring the town to justice … the only thing preventing you is the fear of the overwhelming guilt you feel towards your previous victims.

Each night, you may send me the name of a player that you wish to kill overnight. But be warned, killing an innocent townsperson will have severe, disastrous results for you. You win when the town eliminates all killers … besides yourself, of course.

Role8 (indentureddjinn): Winchester Late (Pro-Town)

You are Winchester Late, taxi cab driver and owner of the Late Taxi Company of Saccovanzetti. To you, one Mafia incursion might have been acceptable as a random event, but the second one obviously means that there is some sort of government conspiracy out to drive the good citizens of Saccovanzetti insane. Maybe they’re planning on testing some sort of nerve gas. Maybe they’re preparing for some large-scale devastation by practicing on this smaller scale. Whatever the story, you’ve made it your prerogative to tell anyone and everyone exactly what the government is trying to do here.

Each night, you may send me the name of a player that you will pick up in your taxi cab to whom you will explain the oncoming government conspiracy. As a result, they’ll be unable to be targeted by any killers that night.

Role9 (ZONEACE): Leona Roundabout (Pro-Town)

You are Leona Roundabout, social butterfly and woman in good standing in the town of Saccovanzetti. You are the center of the town’s attention, which is only appropriate, since you host all the lavish parties and fabulous fundraisers that occur here in town. You know everyone, and everyone knows you. It’s too bad, really, that there’s more nonsense here in town, as it’s upsetting your annual schedule. But, since you have your hands in just about everything in town, you can provide some small amount of information to the townspeople.

Each night, you may send me the name of a player that you wish to check your social calendar for. You win when the town gets rid of the nasties, and you can go back to throwing parties.

Role10 (Mr_Gnome_It_All): Saul Issitor (Pro-Town, Just Moved)

You are Saul Issitor, a door-to-door salesman who had the unfortunate luck to hit this town just as the crime wave was starting back up. What you really want to do is turn tail and get out, but your bosses back at Rollem and Howe have told you that if you help clean up the crime in this town, the townspeople will immediately trust you, and you can reap considerable profit for the company.

You win with the townies. Good luck.

Role11 (Green Crayons): Charles “Chick” N. Liddell (Pro-Town)

You are Charles N. Liddell, or “Chick” as you are known, and you are the Mayor of Saccovanzetti. You were elected following the deplorable actions of the previous mayor during the last Mafia scare, and promised to take an active role in cleaning up Saccovanzetti. What you didn’t promise, however, was that you’d take an active role in fighting crime should the Mafia come back! And so you’ve decided that your small part of fighting crime will be to, ahem, look in on your constituents at night and verify that they are sleeping soundly.

Each night, you may send me the name of a player that you wish to hide with. Hiding will prevent you from being killed at night, but be careful who you are hiding with. You win when you and your constituents catch all the criminals, and you can begin your re-election campaign.

Role12 (Lord Sewerrat): Green Fum (Pro-Town, Just Moved)

You are Green Fum, a gardener and florist that’s just moved into Saccovanzetti and has set up a small shop on the outskirts of town. Business hasn’t been booming, however, since the crime wave started, and so you’ve been thinking of ways to help business by advertising – the crime wave hasn’t reach the suburbs yet, so what else do you have to do with your free time?

Each night, you may send me the name of a player to send an herbal care package as a way of advertising your store. The herbal care package has remarkable remedial powers, capable of curing most illnesses and you hope that a free sample will bring people back for more. You win when the town clears out the criminals.
"1AM .. not a good time to think I started mixing massive and mathcam" - Totem, DP8
"unvote mlaker; vote massive; It's like MeMe/mneme and Corsato/Cadmium" - Dragon Phoenix, Newbie 38
PLEASE NOTE: I actively avoid being online on weekends! Don't replace me just because of this!
massive
massive
Mafia Scum
massive
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #309 (ISO) » Mon May 03, 2004 4:24 am

Post by massive »

Night One

Rick sent himself to kill ZONEACE
MeMe attempted to kill mikehart
mikehart, however, blocked MeMe
Mike Amok investigated the background of bigbenwd
Phoebus attempted to vandalize MeMe, but was put off by the fire
ZONEACE attempted to check Mike Amok, but died a grizzly death
Lord Sewerrat sent a package to Rick
indentureddjinn did not send in a choice and thus protected no one

Night Two

Rick sent himself to kill MeMe
MeMe attempted to kill Mike Amok, but was unsuccessful
mikehart blocked Jolle
Mike Amok researched the background of Rick
Green Crayons went to hide with Jolle, but was put off by the fire
Phoebus went to vandalize Jolle, but was put off by the fire
Lord Sewerrat sent a package to MeMe

Night Three

Rick sent himself to kill Jolle
Jolle went to kill Lord Sewerrat
mikehart sent in no night choice and thus blocked no one
Mike Amok researched the background of Green Crayons
Green Crayons hid with mikehart
Lord Sewerrat sent a package to Jolle
Phoebus FINALLY vandalized someone, that being Mike Amok
Green Crayons
Green Crayons
Jack of All Trades
Green Crayons
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #310 (ISO) » Mon May 03, 2004 4:58 am

Post by Green Crayons »

Ohhh, this was so close that I thought it was going to be the turning point.

I wonder if you knew how close you were to solving everything? I would like to hear what you were thinking.
I wasn't thinking nearly what i should have been. :(

Good game, though, folks. Kudos, especially, to Rick.
"This Court has never held that the Constitution forbids the execution of a convicted defendant who has had a full and fair trial but is later able to convince a habeas court that he is 'actually' innocent." In re Davis, 557 U.S. 952, 955 (2009) (Scalia, J., dissenting).
mikehart
mikehart
Dourgrim Jr.
mikehart
Dourgrim Jr.
Dourgrim Jr.

Post Post #311 (ISO) » Tue May 04, 2004 9:21 am

Post by mikehart »

wow. my original plans as Fire Chief came so ashort of this its not even funny. i knew, with a roleblocking claim as a arsonist with the fires being reported in the news would work but i was originally afraid id be seen with mistrust or the mafia would not know i was on their side. one ben claimed and gave his name i knew he was a fellow mafian so i left him alone. i did lurk immensley during the game but it all worked out. i believe this is the first game ive ever finished and won.
V/LA every weekend for awhile.

I officially owe Maruchan.
bigbenwd
bigbenwd
got thread?
bigbenwd
got thread?
got thread?

Post Post #312 (ISO) » Tue May 04, 2004 4:06 pm

Post by bigbenwd »

me too :lol:
"Plato is a lot of fun. It comes in many colors. You can put it through the plato fun factory, and make spaghetti out of it. You shouldn't eat it, but if you do, your poop turns different colors."
-Werebear
Rick
Rick
Goon
Rick
Goon
Goon

Post Post #313 (ISO) » Wed May 05, 2004 3:37 am

Post by Rick »

You are a very sneaky one, Mr mikehart. No wonder MeMe tried to kill you night one. Not making a block night three and then claiming Green blocked you was just fabulous. And then the last day combination knock out was just classic. First confirming Green as innocent, then a day later making a post claiming that MH ‘smells dirty’ but NOT voting yourself, then after another day and after Green has voted putting in the final knockout lynch! Well done to the fire chief. Congratulations.

Hmm I am going to have to watch you closely in the future.
mikehart
mikehart
Dourgrim Jr.
mikehart
Dourgrim Jr.
Dourgrim Jr.

Post Post #314 (ISO) » Thu May 06, 2004 4:38 pm

Post by mikehart »

thank you Rick.
V/LA every weekend for awhile.

I officially owe Maruchan.
MeMe