Jack of All Trades
Roden
He/Him
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades
Pronoun: He/Him

Post Post #197 (isolation #3) » Sat Apr 02, 2022 7:22 pm

Post by Roden »

In post 188, Prism wrote:Roden would be the lazy alternative because the playstyle is just obnoxious,
Ow

What exactly do you want me to do
Roden
Roden
He/Him
Jack of All Trades
Roden
He/Him
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #199 (isolation #4) » Sat Apr 02, 2022 8:17 pm

Post by Roden »

I saw votes there, and my Umlaut vote wasn't really affecting anything, so I switched.
Roden
Roden
He/Him
Jack of All Trades
Roden
He/Him
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #316 (isolation #5) » Sun Apr 03, 2022 9:26 am

Post by Roden »

In post 246, humaneatingmonkey wrote:VOTE: Roden

give us something to townread
I'll be honest, nothing has really happened this game besides people freaking out once they get two or more votes (or in Umlaut's case, receiving exactly one vote). So I don't have a lot to comment on or analyze. But, if I were scum I'd just be faking content to avoid this kind of attention, since I'm aware my current posts could easily make people want to vote me, even if they don't think it's necessarily scum indicative.
Roden
Roden
He/Him
Jack of All Trades
Roden
He/Him
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #336 (isolation #6) » Sun Apr 03, 2022 9:34 am

Post by Roden »

In post 317, Yeet wrote:Classic wifom game with Roden.
Lmao as I was typing my post I thought "watch someone call this WIFOM". I don't want to trust tell so I'll just say it isn't in my meta or personality to play lazily as scum. I can get quiet if the game is really active, sure, but uh...not really a problem here so far.
Roden
Roden
He/Him
Jack of All Trades
Roden
He/Him
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #343 (isolation #7) » Sun Apr 03, 2022 9:37 am

Post by Roden »

VOTE: fireisredsir
Roden
Roden
He/Him
Jack of All Trades
Roden
He/Him
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #365 (isolation #8) » Sun Apr 03, 2022 2:30 pm

Post by Roden »

Kinda have a gut feeling that Fire is the venge bomb, or I guess Alpha Zombie with this flavor
Roden
Roden
He/Him
Jack of All Trades
Roden
He/Him
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #374 (isolation #9) » Sun Apr 03, 2022 3:34 pm

Post by Roden »

In post 369, skitter30 wrote:
In post 365, Roden wrote:Kinda have a gut feeling that Fire is the venge bomb, or I guess Alpha Zombie with this flavor
What's giving u thay vibe? Or at least, why alpha zombie specifically?
It's very angle shooty. Replace out after going VLA pings me. The slot was already getting scum read but wasn't going to be around to defend themself. If town or a Goon then it would be just be whatever, the wagon would probably dissipate anyway. But if you're the game ending role there's going to be a sense of responsibility and pressure to play well enough to not auto lose Day 1. So replacing out makes sense if you don't want to feel like you're letting your team down.

Yeet's read on the slot also feels off. They're hard defending them on very little, but Fire is hard scum reading them back. It's a weird interaction that makes me think it's just damage control to give Fire better standing among the potential elim choices for the day. Yeet cuts off the Fire wagon before it can stabilize and starts taking the heat instead by making odd/chaotic posts. But because Fire is one of the first players voting Yeet and cased them early, it won't look bad for Fire in the case of a red Yeet flip. It would be reasonable to say Yeet is just trying to pocket Fire in that case.

Yes, this assumes a lot and I'm seeing associatives/pre-flipping two people way too early. But their interactions don't feel natural. Fire's case on Yeet comes out too hard and too fast, and Yeet isn't reacting to any of it and is just repeating "Fire town" over and over.
Roden
Roden
He/Him
Jack of All Trades
Roden
He/Him
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #401 (isolation #10) » Sun Apr 03, 2022 4:35 pm

Post by Roden »

In post 386, Yeet wrote:
In post 382, fireisredsir wrote:yeet why do you think im town
I think your push on me feels organic. There's a lot of things going on in the word organic that I'm not really sure how to explain right now.
Fire, what do you think about this answer?
Roden
Roden
He/Him
Jack of All Trades
Roden
He/Him
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #564 (isolation #11) » Mon Apr 04, 2022 3:25 pm

Post by Roden »

I think I'm more confident on my Yeet scum read than my Fire bomb read at this point. I'm glad my crackpot theory generated content, but the amount of people who agree with it is giving me cold feet since I'm not often right about associative tells.

I do think Fire sounds better tonally than before. Somebody mentioned they sound a bit careful, and I do agree there. I think a better word might be "composed" though, idk I think if I actually just called out a game winning solve like that and people started agreeing with that, I think there would be more of an underlying panic in their posts. But I'm not seeing that, so I'm not so sure anymore.

Besides that, I think I can comfortably townlock Catboi now. And I'm getting the feeling that HEM is likely scum here. But I'm curious if he knows why I've scum read him now.
Roden
Roden
He/Him
Jack of All Trades
Roden
He/Him
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #565 (isolation #12) » Mon Apr 04, 2022 3:26 pm

Post by Roden »

I'd vote Yeet but I don't know the current VC.
Roden
Roden
He/Him
Jack of All Trades
Roden
He/Him
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #568 (isolation #13) » Mon Apr 04, 2022 3:52 pm

Post by Roden »

In post 376, catboi wrote:
In post 374, Roden wrote:
In post 365, Roden wrote:Kinda have a gut feeling that Fire is the venge bomb, or I guess Alpha Zombie with this flavor
It's very angle shooty. Replace out after going VLA pings me. The slot was already getting scum read but wasn't going to be around to defend themself. If town or a Goon then it would be just be whatever, the wagon would probably dissipate anyway. But if you're the game ending role there's going to be a sense of responsibility and pressure to play well enough to not auto lose Day 1. So replacing out makes sense if you don't want to feel like you're letting your team down.

Yeet's read on the slot also feels off. They're hard defending them on very little, but Fire is hard scum reading them back. It's a weird interaction that makes me think it's just damage control to give Fire better standing among the potential elim choices for the day. Yeet cuts off the Fire wagon before it can stabilize and starts taking the heat instead by making odd/chaotic posts. But because Fire is one of the first players voting Yeet and cased them early, it won't look bad for Fire in the case of a red Yeet flip. It would be reasonable to say Yeet is just trying to pocket Fire in that case.

Yes, this assumes a lot and I'm seeing associatives/pre-flipping two people way too early. But their interactions don't feel natural. Fire's case on Yeet comes out too hard and too fast, and Yeet isn't reacting to any of it and is just repeating "Fire town" over and over.
Okay fine, towny post
Being the first one to say this is +town.
In post 394, catboi wrote:VOTE: Yeet

I don't really care, why did you think that, even if momentarily, and why did you move on from it?
Not letting Yeet dodge the question here shows a solvey mindset.
In post 556, catboi wrote:For the last time, I am not demotivated this game, or feigning it. I have been intentionally reserved but that's not the same thing.
I just don't think scum makes this post.
Roden
Roden
He/Him
Jack of All Trades
Roden
He/Him
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #615 (isolation #14) » Mon Apr 04, 2022 8:02 pm

Post by Roden »

In post 603, fireisredsir wrote:
In post 601, humaneatingmonkey wrote:
In post 597, fireisredsir wrote:idk why scum umlaut wouldn't want to get in on ground zero of that fertile soil for a wagon
soil isn't very fertile

im not very mislimmable
who is, in this player list?
Me.
Roden
Roden
He/Him
Jack of All Trades
Roden
He/Him
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #616 (isolation #15) » Mon Apr 04, 2022 8:13 pm

Post by Roden »

In post 572, Aristeia wrote:
In post 568, Roden wrote:
In post 376, catboi wrote:
In post 374, Roden wrote:

Okay fine, towny post
Being the first one to say this is +town.
In post 394, catboi wrote:VOTE: Yeet

I don't really care, why did you think that, even if momentarily, and why did you move on from it?
Not letting Yeet dodge the question here shows a solvey mindset.
In post 556, catboi wrote:For the last time, I am not demotivated this game, or feigning it. I have been intentionally reserved but that's not the same thing.
I just don't think scum makes this post.

1. There's no reason why S!catboi wouldn't say that about your post if he thinks it is Townie - he also does not support your conclusion and vote for Fire but he didn't express why at the time.

2. If Yeet is town and Fire is a Bomb then he has every reason to push one end of the pair and not the other - flipping yeet!town would protect fire!bomb

3. I don't think you have any basis for your third point, you'd have to explain it to me clearer why scum!him doesn't make such a post.
1. Catboi doesn't need to say anything at all tbh. To me it shows a town mindset because of the reasons
why
he thinks it's townie. He doesn't explain the read but you can tell why he thinks my post was townie.

2. I mean, yeah? If those were confirmed facts then sure, but I'm not about to pre-flip 4 out of 11 slots like that.

3. It's just a behavioral read. I just simply don't think he would feel the need to say that and then continue to reiterate that as scum.
Roden
Roden
He/Him
Jack of All Trades
Roden
He/Him
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #625 (isolation #16) » Mon Apr 04, 2022 8:32 pm

Post by Roden »

In post 618, Aristeia wrote:
In post 616, Roden wrote:1. Catboi doesn't need to say anything at all tbh. To me it shows a town mindset because of the reasons why he thinks it's townie. He doesn't explain the read but you can tell why he thinks my post was townie.

2. I mean, yeah? If those were confirmed facts then sure, but I'm not about to pre-flip 4 out of 11 slots like that.

3. It's just a behavioral read. I just simply don't think he would feel the need to say that and then continue to reiterate that as scum.
Have you read many games where Catboi is mafia? because I don't think any of these are good reasons to townread him because they feel like things he could easily fake.
I don't need to research multiple scum games to make a read here. It's not meta. I'm going off of game state + behavior + timing.

Even if you think the reasons for my read are shit, there are still better choices for elimination today anyway. His posts could be faked and my reasons for town reading him could just be NAI, but that doesn't mean he's scummier than Yeet or Fire or HEM.
Roden
Roden
He/Him
Jack of All Trades
Roden
He/Him
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #627 (isolation #17) » Mon Apr 04, 2022 8:45 pm

Post by Roden »

In post 626, humaneatingmonkey wrote:why am i scum roden
Your scum read on me is weird and inconsistent. First you think I'm scum for not being proactive or trying to play the hero. Then I start posting and put forth a hero solve, and you scum read me for leaving my lurk phase and attacking LHF.

I care less about the "damned if I do damned if I don't" reasoning for your read on me, and more that I feel like you should've scum read me for trying to play to my town meta after you criticized my non-existence in this game. Or at least, I expected you to accuse me of doing that. And then you let it go to go after Umlaut instead, who's barely even here.

So I'm not sure what's going on with you, but your mindset with who you're scum reading, why you scum read them, and who you choose to attack just feels dissonant. Especially because you've scum read like half the player list now and just keep jumping from target to target.
Roden
Roden
He/Him
Jack of All Trades
Roden
He/Him
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #630 (isolation #18) » Mon Apr 04, 2022 8:59 pm

Post by Roden »

Why didn't it ping you that I did exactly what you expected town!me to do despite your limited experience with my meta?

I don't think you aren't nuanced. I usually assume people are good at mafia.
Roden
Roden
He/Him
Jack of All Trades
Roden
He/Him
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #633 (isolation #19) » Mon Apr 04, 2022 9:36 pm

Post by Roden »

In post 631, humaneatingmonkey wrote:
In post 630, Roden wrote:Why didn't it ping you that I did exactly what you expected town!me to do despite your limited experience with my meta?
...where is this discussion happening?
In post 220, humaneatingmonkey wrote:but this is like the opposite of lurking so if you wanna chat im here

what do you think about roden? i have the image of town!roden being more proactive, but i haven't really completed a game with him recently. here he seems content to be lazy — not as excited to be a hero.
Roden
Roden
He/Him
Jack of All Trades
Roden
He/Him
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #634 (isolation #20) » Mon Apr 04, 2022 9:39 pm

Post by Roden »

In post 632, Aristeia wrote:
In post 627, Roden wrote:Your scum read on me is weird and inconsistent. First you think I'm scum for not being proactive or trying to play the hero. Then I start posting and put forth a hero solve, and you scum read me for leaving my lurk phase and attacking LHF.
do you think he's actually going to yeet you successfully out of this game?
I stopped expecting to live to Day 2 about a month ago. It's made games much more enjoyable.
Roden
Roden
He/Him
Jack of All Trades
Roden
He/Him
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #782 (isolation #21) » Thu Apr 07, 2022 12:20 pm

Post by Roden »

VOTE: Humaneatingmonkey

I know why Catboi died.

Mod correction: Vote Counter did not recognize the vote as you had written it.
Last edited by Pavowski on Thu Apr 07, 2022 12:59 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Roden
Roden
He/Him
Jack of All Trades
Roden
He/Him
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #840 (isolation #22) » Thu Apr 07, 2022 3:20 pm

Post by Roden »

GG, thanks for modding Pav and Worst.

Kinda surprised HEM got Neighborized tbh. I'm glad I was able to read him correctly but I was kinda hoping I could obvtown enough to get the hood invite.

Return to “Completed Open Games”