Mini 2332: A Mid-scummer Nights Dream II | GG

Micro and Mini Theme Games (based on source material and/or changes to mechanics/rules)
(13 players or fewer)
. Signups Here
Sunflower
Sunflower
Mafia Scum
Sunflower
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #3400 (ISO) » Wed Apr 17, 2024 1:39 pm

Post by Sunflower »

i love elo as scum it's easy

elo as town sucks

:blossom:
Von Payne
Von Payne
They/Them
Goon
Von Payne
They/Them
Goon
Goon
Pronoun: They/Them

Post Post #3401 (ISO) » Wed Apr 17, 2024 1:39 pm

Post by Von Payne »

mmmhmmm
Hydra of Doctor Drew (he/him) and Black (she/her)
Sunflower
Sunflower
Mafia Scum
Sunflower
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #3402 (ISO) » Wed Apr 17, 2024 1:40 pm

Post by Sunflower »

ydra ping if you have questions or anything

Von Payne
Von Payne
They/Them
Goon
Von Payne
They/Them
Goon
Goon

Post Post #3403 (ISO) » Wed Apr 17, 2024 1:41 pm

Post by Von Payne »

I think you thought this would be easier and now you're upset that it's not

Neither you or Jupiter want to try here. You're just waiting for ydra to hammer me

:dead:
Ydrasse
Ydrasse
She
*twirls hair*
Ydrasse
She
*twirls hair*
*twirls hair*
Pronoun: She
Happy Scumday!

Post Post #3404 (ISO) » Wed Apr 17, 2024 1:42 pm

Post by Ydrasse »

☠︎︎
one flesh, one end.
Sunflower
Sunflower
Mafia Scum
Sunflower
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #3405 (ISO) » Wed Apr 17, 2024 1:42 pm

Post by Sunflower »

ydra was the secret wolf all along

she nightkilled herself and now she's been slow rolling us

Von Payne
Von Payne
They/Them
Goon
Von Payne
They/Them
Goon
Goon

Post Post #3406 (ISO) » Wed Apr 17, 2024 1:49 pm

Post by Von Payne »

:dead:
Ydrasse
Ydrasse
She
*twirls hair*
Ydrasse
She
*twirls hair*
*twirls hair*
Happy Scumday!

Post Post #3407 (ISO) » Wed Apr 17, 2024 2:01 pm

Post by Ydrasse »

In post 624, Sunflower wrote: :blossom: hi this is a collaborative post. sorry that it's kind of a mess. jupiter is gonna be mad that i am posting this as one post away from a pagetop but he's in posting jail and can't stop me. this is his punishment

~~~

:sunny: this is a foreword from jupiter. look at this little baby. Image
this is actually me. when you hurt me this is who u are hurting

:sunny: ummmm hi sorry for the pagetop post and the other things- i’m naturally a stream-of-consciousness poster so i post things as i think of them. in my defense i didnt think the pagetop post would be considered as a content post since i skimmed the warnings the mods gave us at the beginning of the day and honestly i didnt think three posts would be that bad (:blossom: side eye) but i guess they are so i’m sorry about that. i will try to be less annoying but i am not sure if that is possible
:sunny: this is the only post i will write since i’m stuck in no-posting jail (:blossom: where you belong. jail for one thousand years.), which is probably for the better, and i will go back to spamming thread when we’re done with this horrible fucked up day phase
:sunny: and i will read the first five pages. eventually. if i make another post ill talk about it

:sunny: ok so i’m gonna talk about my reads in more depth.
i think prism and hu tao are partenered. idk why i feel this way. i just feel like they are. they’re probably both scum
and i used to think black and dragon could’ve been partnered but fire thinks it’s dumb (:blossom: sorry)
ravens, klick, and kyoko kind of feel like radio silence null reads to me. i liked klick at first but then they disappeared off the face of the earth. hu tao, ydrasse feel like white noise to me

tbh i dont tryust myself to talk about reads, i forgot 50% of these people existed. w

on individual players for the record most of these are gut
→ catgirls is super town to me tbh. i think the way they post is very good and i really like it it feels like they are getting into this. i dunno how to reallyu read hydras esp because they dont sign but i liked the stuff
→ i initially townread ydra but tbh i think i don’t like it as much anymore. as i said earlier on her behavior came off as more towny to me but the longer it goes on the worse it looks, and i think that still applies. no fucking clue why fire townreads them tho. (:blossom: vibes are hard to explain but they're there imo) null.
→ i really dislike hu tao for the same reasons. the play here is kind of bad. partnered with prism, more likely scum (:blossom: i don't really think prism treats a partner like this but i agree the handling is kind of weird) (:sunny: i don’t know prism but i think this partnered)
btw hu tao, why do you scumread us and catgirls
→ btw when i played genshin i literally used so much primogems up, got to 87 pulls and lost 50/50 to diluc and then in my next one-pull i got hu tao. (:blossom: lmao nice) one of the most memorable and most frustrating gaming experiences of all time.
→ conflicted on the gimli spot- i scumread them earlier and then it looped randomly back around toa townread and now gimli is sitting at tnull. fire doesnt like gimli so i think i will sheep fire
→ had a really strong bad gutread on black in particular. i’m not sure what specifically caused it beyond some things i saw about dragon but it was mostly in the dream-voting phase and has mostly disappeared now, i think i’m willing to drop her into the townbin. i think drew was okayish though
→ do people actually townread actiondan i saw one post from them that i didnt get and forgot about their slot forever for the rest of time. fire cased him i think i agree with it (:blossom: let's go!!)
→ i dont likeprism. i dont know how i townread her initially. rancid vibes dude. rancid. rancid scum vibes. i dont like one bit of it.
→ dragon town
→ i forgot about aureal what did she even do lol

okkk thats all, fire’s gonna be talking about the stuff he wants to talk about now. i hate this. free me from no posting jail please (:blossom: no. stay) (:sunny: BOOO TOMATO TOMATO TOMATO TOMATO BOOOOOOO) augh
*takes 1d6 psychic damage* ough *the dice keeps rolling* *i am taking perpetual psychic damage* * please let me psot one liners again i miss them…… *

:sunny:

~~~~

:blossom: ok hi thank you jupiter. (:sunny: YOU’RE WELCOME)

from recent stuff there's not a ton to add but i didn't really love gimli's . i kinda was swayed at first by the paragraph in response to my scumread but maybe i am once again falling for the “wow you're so towny for scumreading me. great job”. and i don't really like the catgirls scumread, i think maria has felt more like her town approach to me so idk why gimli is saying it's clearly not her towngame. it feels sort of to me like when decent-good level scum feels like they don't want their strongest scumread to be on low content posters and so they kinda force a scumread on a bigger name. the paragraph on prism is slightly awkward also imo. idk. overall im not sold by the post

kirigiri's catchup post was solid and alleviated some concerns i had there. ik she's good at wallposting as scum too but this one reminded me more of the way she approaches games as town. i guess i haven't really directly seen her as scum but my impression is there's more action and control. she feels like she's figuring things out and not working as part of a team.

this might be a dumb take and im not sure how much weight im willing to give to this but i think black putting 7 people in null is actually like extremely towny for her

prism’s read on dragon, especially with the elaboration, feels really precise and surgical and that worries me a little bit. i know she said at the start that her focus was going to be very directed this game but the analysis doesn't feel as holistic as i expect, i guess. ive seen prism be extremely towny in the way she approaches solving a game and i feel like im still waiting to see that.

im not really interested in pushing or eliminating her today and i was a little hesitant to bring up any suspicion but she's observant anyway and has probably noticed. it may be self centered of me to think that she's ignoring me on purpose but i think she is, especially after not responding to a direct question. there's definitely a plausible world where she's town and doing that to see how i react to try to sort me but it does feel really unlike how she approached purgatory w.r.t. me although yes yes i know that was a marathon and it was completely different mindset. still

anyway idk i would probably sit on this read since it's undeveloped which i know is generally a mistake to share early against strong scum players but jupiter wanted to talk about her anyway so i guess we can. i am also kind of interested in hearing more from klick about his read/vote there and that's part of my motivation for talking about this

ImageImage
In post 668, Sunflower wrote:
In post 649, Klick wrote: I actually think ActionDan's assessment of the Slide reveal being pro-town in is a towny thought process. It feels like a thought that sprang up out of genuine curiosity as to whether town or scum caused the Slide reveal. The momentum of the ActionDan wagon today has made me think that's the bait wagon, I don't want to see AD flip today.
i know we're not supposed to post much more but i really do not like this reasoning and i really do not like the way gimli jumped on top of it or the entirety of .

it took me a bit to even find what you were talking about here because it's such a small thing. it's literally just this:
In post 200, ActionDan wrote: I think rule 8 kills off the useless Slide dream. I think whatever or whoever caused the reveal to be pro-town.
calling the reveal pro-town is like. one of the most obvious and uncreative thoughts someone could have?? im not sure what there even is to consider or be curious about. revealing information to the town is pro-town by, like, definition. i don't see how klick is reading alignment out of this.

im not really sure if that makes me suspect klick but i think the way gimli piggybacked off that reasoning and ran with it is really scummy. i think, again, that most of his posting has been centered around building allies and establishing his own position. i don't think there's any way town!gimli genuinely believes the poe is that narrow here.

the aureal push in general gives me bad vibes and i don't want to go there

~~

a couple other things since we're at 7 so this is one of our last posts:

- we are okay with voting hu tao if we really need to get a wagon going but id kind of rather not
- i think the wagon on actiondan was super pure (i think it was us/catgirls/dragon/von payne?) and i think we should bring it back
- i don't really like the undermining of catgirls that seems to be happening lately. i still think they're solidly town. feels scum-motivated
- interested in hearing from prism more and what exactly was such an awful take
- i liked GiF's posting early on but haven't been really very sold on Dunn especially lately. that read is dropping a bit for me. would probably vote there

why did you not want to vote hu tao in this situation sunflower
☠︎︎
one flesh, one end.
Ydrasse
Ydrasse
She
*twirls hair*
Ydrasse
She
*twirls hair*
*twirls hair*
Happy Scumday!

Post Post #3408 (ISO) » Wed Apr 17, 2024 2:07 pm

Post by Ydrasse »

actually im just going to vote i think sorry
i dont know if the answer would really change my mind
i dont think im good enough to play elos this sucks
☠︎︎
one flesh, one end.
Ydrasse
Ydrasse
She
*twirls hair*
Ydrasse
She
*twirls hair*
*twirls hair*
Happy Scumday!

Post Post #3409 (ISO) » Wed Apr 17, 2024 2:10 pm

Post by Ydrasse »

like i just
von payne if youre town you didnt vote a wolf a single time unless they were outted and idk
there are so many dead town saying that youre their top suspect
sunflower at least had a silver ravens push for a while it could have been bussing but i dont know
☠︎︎
one flesh, one end.
Sunflower
Sunflower
Mafia Scum
Sunflower
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #3410 (ISO) » Wed Apr 17, 2024 2:13 pm

Post by Sunflower »

that feels like a decade ago but i remember feeling like people piled on the wagon in a way that made me uneasy

i think the one (?) time i played with hu tao i was scum and thought she was an easy d1 miselim push and i believe we were successful in doing that, so i felt wary about that possibility, and although i didn't love her play here i didn't think it was that overtly scummy either. idr if this was before or after that post but some of the points about her confusion feeling towny felt reasonable to me

iirc jupiter suspected her more and was more interested in voting there

Sunflower
Sunflower
Mafia Scum
Sunflower
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #3411 (ISO) » Wed Apr 17, 2024 2:15 pm

Post by Sunflower »

oh yeah i was really suspicious of gimli and actiondan back then and i think i was worldbuilding way too much around those reads

Ydrasse
Ydrasse
She
*twirls hair*
Ydrasse
She
*twirls hair*
*twirls hair*
Happy Scumday!

Post Post #3412 (ISO) » Wed Apr 17, 2024 2:16 pm

Post by Ydrasse »

yeah i don't know i'm truly sorry if this is wrong
VOTE: von payne
☠︎︎
one flesh, one end.
Ydrasse
Ydrasse
She
*twirls hair*
Ydrasse
She
*twirls hair*
*twirls hair*
Happy Scumday!

Post Post #3413 (ISO) » Wed Apr 17, 2024 2:16 pm

Post by Ydrasse »

its over now and i am closing the tab goodbye
☠︎︎
one flesh, one end.
Black
Black
she/her
Twilight Princess
Black
she/her
Twilight Princess
Twilight Princess
Pronoun: she/her

Post Post #3414 (ISO) » Wed Apr 17, 2024 2:17 pm

Post by Black »

We were town

gg
I scumread Alianna.

ALL HAIL THE SCUM QUEEN!
morph the cat
morph the cat
Sync Achieved
morph the cat
Sync Achieved
Sync Achieved

Post Post #3415 (ISO) » Wed Apr 17, 2024 3:29 pm

Post by morph the cat »

VC 6-3

Von Payne (2):
Sunflower, Ydrasse
Sunflower (1):
Von Payne
Not voting (1):
No one

With 3 alive it takes 2 votes to eliminate.

Day 6 Deadline is April 24 3:00 PM US Eastern Time.

Countdown: (expired on 2024-04-24 12:00:00)

Mod notes:
  • If you see an error in this or any other vote count please let us know via PM.
  • :]

An Elimination Has Been Achieved!
morph the cat
morph the cat
Sync Achieved
morph the cat
Sync Achieved
Sync Achieved

Post Post #3416 (ISO) » Wed Apr 17, 2024 3:30 pm

Post by morph the cat »

For Von Payne, the Nightmare is over.

Spoiler: Von Payne's Role PM
For Von Payne, the Nightmare is over.

They were a
Insomniac
of the
Dream Voyagers.

Spoiler: Von Payne's Role PM
[

Hello Silver Ravens!

You are a
Deep Sleeper
of the
Bad Dreams.

Your non-factional abilities are:
  • To sleep, perchance to dream
    : As a Deep Sleeper you are potentially able to Dream. See the Game-Specific Rules in the Game Thread for more about dreaming.
  • Do I talk in my sleep? Are you sure?
    : Your voice and your vote.
Your factional abilities are:
  • Nyaaaaaaa

• Meoooooooooow

• ScritchScritch

• Purrrrrrrrrrrrr

Hello, Von Payne!

You are an
Insomniac
of the
Dream Voyagers.

Your abilities are:
  • Sleep? What's that?
    : As an Insomniac, every Day Phase you must select one player to neighborize. You, any prior successful targets, and the player you choose will have a very special neighborhood for the Night phase... The Game Thread! Your group will be allowed to post during the entirety of the Night phase. If you don't send in a selection before the day ends, then you will target a randomly selected player. In the event of your death, all players you had already successfully targeted with this role will retain the ability to post at Night.
  • Do I talk in my sleep? Are you sure?
    : Your voice and your vote.
Your Win Condition is

You win when all
Bad Dreams
have been eliminated or nothing can prevent that from happening

Please confirm by quoting or paraphrasing your faction's name, rule 3 from the Game-Specific Rules, and your favorite color in reply to this message.
Last edited by Cabd on Wed Apr 17, 2024 3:48 pm, edited 2 times in total.
morph the cat
morph the cat
Sync Achieved
morph the cat
Sync Achieved
Sync Achieved

Post Post #3417 (ISO) » Wed Apr 17, 2024 3:31 pm

Post by morph the cat »

I have been here before

Wandering through space and time.

It was different. I know that, but not how.

Was it us?

Was it you?

It was me.

We have been here before, adrift in space, our minds as empty as the void around us. Who were we? What what we?

Nothingness echoes and reverberates back to us, the questioners.

We looked inward, to the heart of the galaxy. It was dizzying and beautiful, but ultimately saddening Where was the substance of our center?

We were alone.

I was alone.

We shifted our focus, looking away from the center.

To the edges.

Dark edges

A bauble spun far out on the edge of a whip of star stuff, flung outward from the galaxy's empty, churning center. A blue orb. Home. Terra. Earth.

To see is to draw near. So close we were part of it.

A dark cloud, coruscating with terrifying energy discharges,approached on a tangent, from the dark side of Earth, threatening...something. The shadow encompassed the entire orb.

If we had a body, we could protect the orb. But we don't.

We were afraid. We are afraid.

What was it?

An illusion?

It was real.

But there was no real. No Earth. No dream.

No us.

No me.

It is done.

morph the cat
morph the cat
Sync Achieved
morph the cat
Sync Achieved
Sync Achieved

Post Post #3418 (ISO) » Wed Apr 17, 2024 3:44 pm

Post by morph the cat »

Congratulations to the
Bad Dreams
: Aureal, Silver Ravens and Sunflower for winning A Mid-scummer Night's Dream II!

We'll post all the postgame goodies tomorrow sometime. Sorry we can't do that tonight.

Thread is reopened for conversations, exclamations, and tribulations!
Sunflower
Sunflower
Mafia Scum
Sunflower
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #3419 (ISO) » Wed Apr 17, 2024 3:45 pm

Post by Sunflower »

:sunny: i just wanted to say that hammer was NOT ME.
Hu Tao
Hu Tao
she/her
Jack of All Trades
Hu Tao
she/her
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #3420 (ISO) » Wed Apr 17, 2024 3:48 pm

Post by Hu Tao »

Naur
Prism
Prism
Any
Dispersion of Insight
Prism
Any
Dispersion of Insight
Dispersion of Insight
Pronoun: Any

Post Post #3421 (ISO) » Wed Apr 17, 2024 3:48 pm

Post by Prism »

Congratulations to the scumteam! It was a very funny ending, and I enjoyed the game despite my more limited involvement. I have a few things from Day 1 I wanted to respond to but never did, so we'll see if I get around to it. While I have fun with my dead PT commentary, I was never upset at any point. I loved playing, but I probably loved spectating even more. Thanks to morph for running it.

I really enjoyed playing with everyone, so thank you. Hopefully I can play with you again soon. (especially Aureal, who never really got a chance!)
Sunflower
Sunflower
Mafia Scum
Sunflower
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #3422 (ISO) » Wed Apr 17, 2024 3:51 pm

Post by Sunflower »

:sunny: prism you are so fucking cool btwwwww
Doctor Drew
Doctor Drew
He/Him
Survivor
Doctor Drew
He/Him
Survivor
Survivor
Pronoun: He/Him

Post Post #3423 (ISO) » Wed Apr 17, 2024 3:51 pm

Post by Doctor Drew »

I both loved and hated this game

At least I got to indulge into my creative side

Also, I blame the mod for not watching Nightmare on Elm Street and making my bonkers theory about our role a reality lol
'dREW DID IT BETTER' - T-Bone
'actually ya drew is useless' - Snivy
'I love playing with him, he's got an amazing presence to him that just feels like the game is lacking something when he's not there' - JacksonVirgo
Black
Black
she/her
Twilight Princess
Black
she/her
Twilight Princess
Twilight Princess

Post Post #3424 (ISO) » Wed Apr 17, 2024 3:54 pm

Post by Black »

Well played scum!

These reads will go down in history as the worst I've ever had :lol:

Ty for hosting morph and co mods, y'all were awesome!
I scumread Alianna.

ALL HAIL THE SCUM QUEEN!

Return to “Coney Island [Mini Theme Games]”