(micro 1101) mystery box of silver 16: tinkleton (it tinkled)

Micro and Mini Theme Games (based on source material and/or changes to mechanics/rules)
(13 players or fewer)
. Signups Here
Psyche
Psyche
he/they
Survivor
Psyche
he/they
Survivor
Survivor
Pronoun: he/they

Post Post #1025 (ISO) » Fri Apr 12, 2024 1:18 pm

Post by Psyche »

In post 1012, the worst wrote:
In post 1006, Psyche wrote: ausuka's iso lowkey leans against a pairing with gypyx but i can't find anything concrete enough to feel convinced. ill look a lttle more closely
I probably won't have a chance to do this over the next few hours. That would be very convenient!! if you're not scum and I'm not scum and gypyx/drewsuka isn't a solve then this game gets really easy for me. also wary that others need a solve which potentially shows me not being guarantees town I guess.

flash forward to a psyche/drew scumteam standing triumphantly in endgame this joke isn't even original hpe had it first but as a read
sry is 1010 not closely enough just checking i am lazy
Doctor Drew
Doctor Drew
He/Him
Survivor
Doctor Drew
He/Him
Survivor
Survivor
Pronoun: He/Him

Post Post #1026 (ISO) » Fri Apr 12, 2024 1:18 pm

Post by Doctor Drew »

In post 1023, Psyche wrote:
In post 1022, Doctor Drew wrote:
In post 1020, Psyche wrote: pc/gypyx is a solve until you read their isos
If it is correct, I expect a formal written apology on my desk as soon as the game ends...lol
sure! your desk at the chicago law office
Haha, what a great callback

You truly are the number one homie
'dREW DID IT BETTER' - T-Bone
'actually ya drew is useless' - Snivy
'I love playing with him, he's got an amazing presence to him that just feels like the game is lacking something when he's not there' - JacksonVirgo
Doctor Drew
Doctor Drew
He/Him
Survivor
Doctor Drew
He/Him
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #1027 (ISO) » Fri Apr 12, 2024 1:19 pm

Post by Doctor Drew »

In post 1024, the worst wrote:
In post 435, Gypyx wrote: Snow is obviously struggling but i kinda like where his head's at in a general sense, there's also a few smaller towntells here and there

actually it's PC who i'm getting my eye on right now (as well as robert but this read is getting a bit stale)

PC seems very complaceant and happy to keep the game in it's state of semi-stagnation, the insistance on Psyche and the cakez post for instance really feels like willingly going down a dead end
In post 443, Gypyx wrote: btw what makes you reject a robert / PC pairing? that's the conclusion i'm getting at but it's more based on PoE than anything really
In post 518, Gypyx wrote:
In post 516, Psyche wrote: still think PC-scum is hard to fit in with other possible scumreads
don't really see people weighing that sufficiently, and his play is not sufficiently scummy on its own to justify that
need to think over that but i guess even if it was true it would not make me fully give up on scum PC
In post 590, Gypyx wrote: it was me !

To be fair like, i'm not fully convinced in my towncase myself, it's more of a 20% scum read (default would be 40% in our context) but i'd really be happier if we tried PC / HPE
In post 687, Gypyx wrote: leaning towards PC / HPE (especially considering how hard it has been to get this pairing over) but i'm not disregarding Drew yet, T3 though i doubt he's scum

it's been gypyx's sole mission in life to make PC nervous sweat as much as possible drew can you please re-evaluate how much you think me/gypyx is actually the scumteam?
How much pressure was PC in when these posts were made?
'I love playing with him, he's got an amazing presence to him that just feels like the game is lacking something when he's not there' - JacksonVirgo
Psyche
Psyche
he/they
Survivor
Psyche
he/they
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #1028 (ISO) » Fri Apr 12, 2024 1:22 pm

Post by Psyche »

yknow, i just tried to think through what would happen if i just went ahead and voted HPE and then i did a little game theory and realized drew might respond by voting PC

fine! i won't do it
the worst
the worst
Snuggly Duckling
the worst
Snuggly Duckling
Snuggly Duckling

Post Post #1029 (ISO) » Fri Apr 12, 2024 1:24 pm

Post by the worst »

In post 526, Ausuka wrote:
In post 507, Psyche wrote: think scum gypx is capable of seeing the value in pushing a snowtown case at this step in the game though yeah it has town equity
i mean i think most people are capable of doing most things as scum. in this game in particular i think it's difficult to read into things because scum aren't being, like, forced into things. which like i will hold my hand up and say yeah that's partially my fault but it's still true

i think it's like a counterintuitive thing to do as scum so +town
I actually got kinda partnery energy from this post I'm sorry. it feels like ausuka is repeating your words paraphrased but also her mouth is full of glue. if she'd prompted this conversation I'd agree w you but it feels stilted and she's just responding.
In post 460, Ausuka wrote:
In post 357, Gypyx wrote: Starting to think you're probably town but also what's done is done

i feel like we have done enough for today, maybe we could've made more but it was also a weird day 1
Gypyx can you explain where your head is at here

Like why did you think cakez was town at this point and why did you not try and go after Robert instead

Also like potentially nitpicky but would you stand by the idea that we did enough on day 1
I kind of would like to ask Ausuka about this but she has been replaced. I don't think this level of probing is out of the question for scumbuddies. I need to check whether gypyx replied & whether ausuka seemed to care about the response.
In post 458, Ausuka wrote:
In post 435, Gypyx wrote: Snow is obviously struggling but i kinda like where his head's at in a general sense, there's also a few smaller towntells here and there

actually it's PC who i'm getting my eye on right now (as well as robert but this read is getting a bit stale)

PC seems very complaceant and happy to keep the game in it's state of semi-stagnation, the insistance on Psyche and the cakez post for instance really feels like willingly going down a dead end
Where exactly is Snow's head at to you
I guess this is a fairly distracting/disqualifying thing to throw at your partner when they're tryna work an angle.
who's scum? i haven't read up yet but like, it's me
--
intermittent v/la until late march
the worst
the worst
Snuggly Duckling
the worst
Snuggly Duckling
Snuggly Duckling

Post Post #1030 (ISO) » Fri Apr 12, 2024 1:25 pm

Post by the worst »

In post 492, Ausuka wrote:
In post 468, Gypyx wrote:
In post 458, Ausuka wrote:

Where exactly is Snow's head at to you
well that's exactly the thing, i think snow himself is kinda confused on where his head's at ? in a town way ofc
I don't really think I see this tbh looking at Snow's posts? Like the closest thing to making me think that is the "are there two scums in this game" post which to me does feel like something scum could say pretty easily.

I want to do a more in depth response and stuff but it's really late here sooooo I'll do it tomorrow morning
Ausuka replied to this response but it was the one I was less curious about. idk.
--
Psyche
Psyche
he/they
Survivor
Psyche
he/they
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #1031 (ISO) » Fri Apr 12, 2024 1:26 pm

Post by Psyche »

i think 526 kinda fits in with her cautious note about the cakez wagon she started and i overcommitted to
the worst
the worst
Snuggly Duckling
the worst
Snuggly Duckling
Snuggly Duckling

Post Post #1032 (ISO) » Fri Apr 12, 2024 1:27 pm

Post by the worst »

okay look none of this is damning. I don't really expect to find a smoking gun because I'm not finning a smoking gun for any scumteam. just doing the ausuka+gypyx check I don't really want to clear that pair.

pedit: in the abstract I do really want ausuka's d1 to come from town this game honestly.
--
Psyche
Psyche
he/they
Survivor
Psyche
he/they
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #1033 (ISO) » Fri Apr 12, 2024 1:28 pm

Post by Psyche »

yeah yeah
but ausuka's D1 was townie too!
i think this + the gypyx antipair should be enough to make you go "oh well i guess i have to accept this amount of uncertainty and go on with my life"
the worst
the worst
Snuggly Duckling
the worst
Snuggly Duckling
Snuggly Duckling

Post Post #1034 (ISO) » Fri Apr 12, 2024 1:29 pm

Post by the worst »

I'll give you that I'm looking for more certainty than I think it's realistic to ever actually get.
--
Psyche
Psyche
he/they
Survivor
Psyche
he/they
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #1035 (ISO) » Fri Apr 12, 2024 1:30 pm

Post by Psyche »

in particular, i think it's super notable that ausuka declined the deus wagon and turned on cakez instead. she had a solid permission structure from cakez's case on deus to sheep and make the lim happen before anyone would come to their senses.
Psyche
Psyche
he/they
Survivor
Psyche
he/they
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #1036 (ISO) » Fri Apr 12, 2024 1:31 pm

Post by Psyche »

even klick was ready to policy deus! and klick is esteemed i think
Psyche
Psyche
he/they
Survivor
Psyche
he/they
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #1037 (ISO) » Fri Apr 12, 2024 1:33 pm

Post by Psyche »

ausuka could've prepared to go something like "this is a decent post. i don't think it's certain that deus is scum but the significant likelihood that he is plus how harmful his play is for town make him as good a choice for D1 as anyone" and then bam, day maybe ends by the next page
the worst
the worst
Snuggly Duckling
the worst
Snuggly Duckling
Snuggly Duckling

Post Post #1038 (ISO) » Fri Apr 12, 2024 1:34 pm

Post by the worst »

If I can I want to get to a world where I can remove one scum pairing from hpe/gypyx/ausuka and vote the person who appears in both of my solves. I know I'm playing in possibilities more than probabilities I'm just wired peculiarly.

pedit: ugh maybe ausuka is literally just town.
--
the worst
the worst
Snuggly Duckling
the worst
Snuggly Duckling
Snuggly Duckling

Post Post #1039 (ISO) » Fri Apr 12, 2024 1:35 pm

Post by the worst »

ok I'm overthinking it.

I do think ausuka/robert-hpe is somewhat worse than ausuka/gypyx so I'm kind of inclined to vote hpe at some point.
--
Psyche
Psyche
he/they
Survivor
Psyche
he/they
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #1040 (ISO) » Fri Apr 12, 2024 1:36 pm

Post by Psyche »

In post 128, Political Clout wrote: VOTE: deus deceptor

Bye bye
your slot woulda been the hammer right after scum-ausuka's vote. cakez would probably still be the leading option come D2
the worst
the worst
Snuggly Duckling
the worst
Snuggly Duckling
Snuggly Duckling

Post Post #1041 (ISO) » Fri Apr 12, 2024 1:37 pm

Post by the worst »

Ausuka is experienced enough to know to play scum in a micro quickly not to plan for a long game too. This is why I didn't want to read d3 I hate being convinced.
--
the worst
the worst
Snuggly Duckling
the worst
Snuggly Duckling
Snuggly Duckling

Post Post #1042 (ISO) » Fri Apr 12, 2024 1:37 pm

Post by the worst »

It's helping though.
--
Psyche
Psyche
he/they
Survivor
Psyche
he/they
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #1043 (ISO) » Fri Apr 12, 2024 1:39 pm

Post by Psyche »

In post 1040, Psyche wrote:
In post 128, Political Clout wrote: VOTE: deus deceptor

Bye bye
your slot woulda been the hammer right after scum-ausuka's vote. cakez would probably still be the leading option come D2
or PC. anyway, beside the point
Psyche
Psyche
he/they
Survivor
Psyche
he/they
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #1044 (ISO) » Fri Apr 12, 2024 1:41 pm

Post by Psyche »

if we could get HPE today then everything would be clear. i could rest soundly. but actually maybe i should rest easy either way. being right is its own reward (BUT I WAS WRONG FIRST)
Psyche
Psyche
he/they
Survivor
Psyche
he/they
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #1045 (ISO) » Fri Apr 12, 2024 1:42 pm

Post by Psyche »

you don't understand, drew.
this
one is personal. i beat gypyx in a melo scenario as scum in a recent game. she wants revenge. we can't give her that. i'm too innocent to experience the taste of revenge. please
the worst
the worst
Snuggly Duckling
the worst
Snuggly Duckling
Snuggly Duckling

Post Post #1046 (ISO) » Fri Apr 12, 2024 1:45 pm

Post by the worst »

Intending to vote HPE, speak now or speak after that I guess
--
Psyche
Psyche
he/they
Survivor
Psyche
he/they
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #1047 (ISO) » Fri Apr 12, 2024 1:46 pm

Post by Psyche »

wait. let's think through what happens if you vote HPE while drew is not on board.
Doctor Drew
Doctor Drew
He/Him
Survivor
Doctor Drew
He/Him
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #1048 (ISO) » Fri Apr 12, 2024 1:47 pm

Post by Doctor Drew »

In post 1045, Psyche wrote: you don't understand, drew.
this
one is personal. i beat gypyx in a melo scenario as scum in a recent game. she wants revenge. we can't give her that. i'm too innocent to experience the taste of revenge. please
Haha, I will always have my homies back

And I am not entirely opposed to voting HPE, I feel like I am being a bit stubborn on worst and Gyp as a scum team anyways
Psyche
Psyche
he/they
Survivor
Psyche
he/they
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #1049 (ISO) » Fri Apr 12, 2024 1:50 pm

Post by Psyche »

hmmm. from drew's pov, if worst votes HPE then there's still no risk of quicklim happening since worst is scum. the real risk is if i sheep worst.

Return to “Coney Island [Mini Theme Games]”