Newbie 1766 - Game Over

For Newbie Games, which have a set format and experienced moderators. Archived during the 2023 queue overhaul.
the_end
the_end
Townie
the_end
Townie
Townie

Post Post #25 (ISO) » Tue Dec 20, 2016 2:12 am

Post by the_end »

In post 24, ssbm_Kyouko wrote:Hey that's a lot of writing and not a lot of voting you're doing there
VOTE: the_end
I'm just waiting for everyone to post before I decide who to vote for.

There was a lot of writing from rb before I came along. Why didn't you vote for him?
Huntress
Huntress
Mafia Scum
Huntress
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #26 (ISO) » Tue Dec 20, 2016 2:35 am

Post by Huntress »

Vote Count 1.1

the_end (2) - Friend Computer, ssbm_Kyouko
rb (1) - Sofiel
Friend Computer (1) - Aeronaut

Not voting (5) - Generalcamo, Political Clout, rb, the_end, Zekromaster

With nine players alive, it takes five votes to lynch.

Deadline for Day One is Monday, 2nd January 22.30. GMT, (in (expired on 2017-01-02 22:30:00)).
ssbm_Kyouko
ssbm_Kyouko
She/Her
Jack of All Trades
ssbm_Kyouko
She/Her
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades
Pronoun: She/Her

Post Post #27 (ISO) » Tue Dec 20, 2016 2:58 am

Post by ssbm_Kyouko »

He's voting someone already. It's okay to just pick a name at random off the list and vote it. It's expected really that you start by voting for someone, especially if you're one of the first few players to post in the game. Sometimes you don't get online until a few pages have passed and then you'll want to check the vote count before you vote so you don't put yourself onto a big wagon you don't actually support.
the_end
the_end
Townie
the_end
Townie
Townie

Post Post #28 (ISO) » Tue Dec 20, 2016 3:26 am

Post by the_end »

In post 27, ssbm_Kyouko wrote:He's voting someone already. It's okay to just pick a name at random off the list and vote it. It's expected really that you start by voting for someone, especially if you're one of the first few players to post in the game. Sometimes you don't get online until a few pages have passed and then you'll want to check the vote count before you vote so you don't put yourself onto a big wagon you don't actually support.
rb hasn't voted for anyone yet.

Fair point about voting early, although after a few pages have passed I'd expect anyone just getting online to get acquainted with the vote count anyway and also taking the time to make a sensible vote instead of a random one.

VOTE: Political Clout
To replace ssbm_Kyouko's vote which he took off PC and put on me :^)
ssbm_Kyouko
ssbm_Kyouko
She/Her
Jack of All Trades
ssbm_Kyouko
She/Her
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #29 (ISO) » Tue Dec 20, 2016 3:54 am

Post by ssbm_Kyouko »

Hey rb I vote from phone all the time you lazy bum
rb
rb
Survivor
rb
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #30 (ISO) » Tue Dec 20, 2016 5:04 am

Post by rb »

In post 29, ssbm_Kyouko wrote:Hey rb I vote from phone all the time you lazy bum
i really am very lazy

im back on pc but still cbf voting

WoT u GonNA DO aboUT it huH uHu hU hU h??!
rb
rb
Survivor
rb
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #31 (ISO) » Tue Dec 20, 2016 5:04 am

Post by rb »

VOTE: the end

he said i said a thing that scum would say and thats a good enough reason to vote some1 rn
rb
rb
Survivor
rb
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #32 (ISO) » Tue Dec 20, 2016 5:05 am

Post by rb »

In post 29, ssbm_Kyouko wrote:Hey rb I vote from phone all the time you lazy bum
also just gonna stress that im not sure why youd bother doing such a thing when it's so cumbersome and life is full of so many wonderful things to experience and see and instead ur just sitting there fucking around with vote tags in a roleplaying game.
rb
rb
Survivor
rb
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #33 (ISO) » Tue Dec 20, 2016 5:07 am

Post by rb »

for those of you who havent played with me, i used to take mafia really serious and i was good

now i dont take it serious and im even gooder

i alternate between shitposting and being useless and making thoughtful posts with actually coherent syntax.
rb
rb
Survivor
rb
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #34 (ISO) » Tue Dec 20, 2016 5:09 am

Post by rb »

anyway im going to bed

The_end is the scummiest player in the game so far
rb
rb
Survivor
rb
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #35 (ISO) » Tue Dec 20, 2016 5:10 am

Post by rb »

ssbm_kyouko is the towniest*

it also doesnt matter that these are the only 2 slots doing anything and by default one is going to be the scummiest and the other the towniest, you're very impressed by my ability to sort the game so fast. i can tell
rb
rb
Survivor
rb
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #36 (ISO) » Tue Dec 20, 2016 5:11 am

Post by rb »

goodnight every1
Zekromaster
Zekromaster
Townie
Zekromaster
Townie
Townie

Post Post #37 (ISO) » Tue Dec 20, 2016 7:23 am

Post by Zekromaster »

Nothing to say, random voting, don't want to get on the_end's wagon.

VOTE: rb
Sofiel
Sofiel
Townie
Sofiel
Townie
Townie

Post Post #38 (ISO) » Tue Dec 20, 2016 7:32 am

Post by Sofiel »

I'm going to UNVOTE: rb for now because Zekro's vote, but I'm a bit iffy about the openness of declaring reads and alignment so soon. Could just be how rb works tho and to be fair there's something to be said about sort-of-kind-of leading us towards the end of rvs this early.

I'm not sure what I feel about the other major slots so far. Can I do questions or is that kinda frowned upon?? ¯\_(ツ)_/¯
Aeronaut
Aeronaut
He/Him
Jack of All Trades
Aeronaut
He/Him
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades
Pronoun: He/Him

Post Post #39 (ISO) » Tue Dec 20, 2016 8:09 am

Post by Aeronaut »

In post 18, rb wrote:Can you not use a font colour that makes my eyes bleed? :(
You're not my dad, you can't tell me what to do
In post 19, ssbm_Kyouko wrote:Yeah I can barely read that blue on the dark theme tbh
well your issue is that you're using mafblack. mafblack is the worst. (but i'll switch to
this color
so that people can actually read it.)
2023 W/L | 1-0
Aeronaut
Aeronaut
He/Him
Jack of All Trades
Aeronaut
He/Him
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades
Pronoun: He/Him

Post Post #40 (ISO) » Tue Dec 20, 2016 8:12 am

Post by Aeronaut »

In post 25, the_end wrote:
In post 24, ssbm_Kyouko wrote:Hey that's a lot of writing and not a lot of voting you're doing there

There was a lot of writing from rb before I came along. Why didn't you vote for him?
He voted
In post 27, ssbm_Kyouko wrote:He's voting someone already. It's okay to just pick a name at random off the list and vote it. It's expected really that you start by voting for someone, especially if you're one of the first few players to post in the game. Sometimes you don't get online until a few pages have passed and then you'll want to check the vote count before you vote so you don't put yourself onto a big wagon you don't actually support.
Yeah, but why do what's expected?
In post 32, rb wrote:
also just gonna stress that im not sure why youd bother doing such a thing when it's so cumbersome and life is full of so many wonderful things to experience and see and instead ur just sitting there fucking around with vote tags in a roleplaying game.
*rips blunt*
In post 37, Zekromaster wrote:Nothing to say, random voting, don't want to get on the_end's wagon.

Why don't you want to get onto the_end's wagon?

Why do you feel the need to random vote anyway?
2023 W/L | 1-0
Zekromaster
Zekromaster
Townie
Zekromaster
Townie
Townie

Post Post #41 (ISO) » Tue Dec 20, 2016 8:20 am

Post by Zekromaster »

In post 40, Aeronaut wrote:
In post 37, Zekromaster wrote:Nothing to say, random voting, don't want to get on the_end's wagon.

Why don't you want to get onto the_end's wagon?

Why do you feel the need to random vote anyway?
It's not like I feel the "need" to random vote, but I'd rather place my vote somewhere (with the side bonus of showing I'm active and "started playing") than do nothing.

Also, don't want to get on any wagon, simply. I put my vote on one of the already voted option as they are those who are actively reading and posting in the thread, so I'm not throwing my random vote without even getting some reaction from the voted one.
Friend Computer
Friend Computer
Townie
Friend Computer
Townie
Townie

Post Post #42 (ISO) » Tue Dec 20, 2016 9:32 am

Post by Friend Computer »

Random Voting is actually how we start games here.

Gets reactions and gives us vague ideas.
MISSION: Locate source of treasonous whimpering in MSM sector
ssbm_Kyouko
ssbm_Kyouko
She/Her
Jack of All Trades
ssbm_Kyouko
She/Her
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #43 (ISO) » Tue Dec 20, 2016 10:43 am

Post by ssbm_Kyouko »

In post 40, Aeronaut wrote:
In post 25, the_end wrote:

He voted
I thought the same thing but he actually didn't vote at the time that I pointed that out
Yeah, but why do what's expected?
Optimal play for both alignments is to start rvs that way imo
In post 38, Sofiel wrote:I'm going to UNVOTE: rb for now because Zekro's vote, but I'm a bit iffy about the openness of declaring reads and alignment so soon. Could just be how rb works tho and to be fair there's something to be said about sort-of-kind-of leading us towards the end of rvs this early.

I'm not sure what I feel about the other major slots so far. Can I do questions or is that kinda frowned upon?? ¯\_(ツ)_/¯
You can do questions. I have one for you: are you made uncomfortable by Zekro voting rb? If you're iffy about him declaring reads why would you move your vote?
rb
rb
Survivor
rb
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #44 (ISO) » Tue Dec 20, 2016 10:47 am

Post by rb »

Wagons are the best. I always wagon
rb
rb
Survivor
rb
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #45 (ISO) » Tue Dec 20, 2016 10:47 am

Post by rb »

Random wagoning stage is even cooler than RVS!!
rb
rb
Survivor
rb
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #46 (ISO) » Tue Dec 20, 2016 10:48 am

Post by rb »

This seems oddly not-random
Sofiel
Sofiel
Townie
Sofiel
Townie
Townie

Post Post #47 (ISO) » Tue Dec 20, 2016 12:07 pm

Post by Sofiel »

#43 moved my vote because I didn't like the direction Zekro's vote was leading to/didn't want to be part of a wagon on someone I wasn't 100% sure is scum. Generally standing by that decision bc I wanted to see if rb would continue with conversational/humour posts in lieu of scumhunting ones and the direction of #46 looks promising

Friend I'm wondering about you, what's your opinion on how things are going so far? I'm wondering because the only posts I've seen from you are ones that aren't giving any tells but a random vote/chipping in by giving neutral info
rb
rb
Survivor
rb
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #48 (ISO) » Tue Dec 20, 2016 1:00 pm

Post by rb »

In post 47, Sofiel wrote:#43 moved my vote because I didn't like the direction Zekro's vote was leading to/didn't want to be part of a wagon on someone I wasn't 100% sure is scum. Generally standing by that decision bc I wanted to see if rb would continue with conversational/humour posts in lieu of scumhunting ones and the direction of #46 looks promising

Friend I'm wondering about you, what's your opinion on how things are going so far? I'm wondering because the only posts I've seen from you are ones that aren't giving any tells but a random vote/chipping in by giving neutral info
u dont understand me if you think im ever going to stop humour/conversation posting

in fact im incredibly anti-authoritarian for literally no reason at all and the fact that you want me to do that has encouraged me to do it more
rb
rb
Survivor
rb
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #49 (ISO) » Tue Dec 20, 2016 1:02 pm

Post by rb »

not to mention that #46 is one of the shittiest posts in the entire thread. i actually made it ironically and was mocking players who make such vague statements

Return to “The Road to Rome [Newbie Games]”