Regfan
Regfan
Jack of All Trades
Regfan
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #374 (isolation #0) » Fri Aug 22, 2014 7:09 pm

Post by Regfan »

Hey everyone, I'm replacing Venrob, read through the thread already (Been waiting for Burn to officially announce me for a few hours in the thread to post this), just a heads up, I have played this setup twice before in Open 506 where I replaced in as the alt Yesterday and Team Mafia where I also replaced in, worth mentioning that both games were some time ago but I do have a solid understanding of the concept. Think the most important part re; the numbers has already been discussed enough (Why the numbers were chosen) and we'll be able to read more into that when we get some flips but I do want to state do not discount doubling and tripling up, with the amount of experience a lot of the players here seem to have in the setup I can see scum being ballsy enough to attempt it.

Also I want to make this clear because it was really frustrating reading certain parts of the thread; Calling people VI's and bad and getting into personal attacks needs to completely cease, it's just creating unneeded conflict and noise which is making scumhunting harder.

Anyway here's where I'm at:

Town (Strongest to weakest): Toby, Game, Aneninen, Hershey, [Gap], Sala, ZZZX

Tobys
thoughts and questions have mirrored a lot of what mine would have been when reading through the thread, especially liked her line of questioned to Siv in and and the explanation of it in . Can follow all of her reads even those that I don't agree with (Most notably Sala).

Gameplays
scumhunting and reads actually come across as insanely genuine (Despite the fact that I think he's a little too tunnelled on some things and needs to step back and re-evaluate, there's a few instances where he has based his reasoning on his reads which just leads to circular-logic and confirmation bias but it's hardly a scum tell, comes more from stubborn town if anything) think , , , , and is extremely natural and transparent scumhunting and actually find the timing and context of his reaction to being "vigged/voted" in to be very natural. This dudes not scum and people need to step back and realise that.
(Consider this a warning Sala, if you vig him purely due to thinking he's anti-town you're being more anti-town than he is).

Aneninens
scumhunting has been something I've been able to follow for the most part, there's a few posts of his that I find really town for instance , and largely , the turn around on Gameplay and reasoning for it is really really genuine but I will admit there's a few things that I am bugged by of him such as the announcement of "This is a null-tell" seems unnecessary to say as town because you don't really care about peoples appearance of yourself, also troubles me but I think these both might just be play-style type things of his rather than alignment tells.

Hersheys
thoughts again have been something I've managed to follow (Despite disagreeing with some of her conclusions), liked , and especially liked since it's p much exactly the read I have on Anen. The biggest thing for me though is the discussion about how her scum reads don't really fit together in reads very very genuine. The only thing of hers I dislike was the accusation of "rolefishing".

Salas
unprompted vig claim in is something that I think is unlikely to come from scum alone largely because it prevents them from using the ability optimally (Having 2 scum night kills one night) and instead forcing him to use it either shooting a "weaker player" or someone that is universally scum read. That said not really a fan of any of his reads described in and really want the "more reads later" to happen very soon because I've seen him be far more useful than this before.

ZZZX
predecessor Antole did a few things that I read as town such as his tone and reasoning in , his warning in his comment re; Gameplay in , hoping ZZZX's catch up will help strengthen this read.

Null/Conflicted on: Saki, Arma, Aafter, Heph, Elmo

Sakis
slot needs to start contributing soon, it's been an empty slot the entire day at this point.

Arma
needs to be replaced asap. Speaking of which
Mod: Can you replace Arma, zero posts all day is baaad.

Aafters
prod-dodging is something I don't like in the slightest but waiting on this "big catch up promised post" before reading him.

Hephs
someone I'm conflicted on, I liked his and thouht his was a town tell (Albeit a weak one) but didn't like his reaction in , tone of it just felt weird. Don't like the lack of reads from him either;
Heph, your strongest 3 town and scum reads would be nice

Elmos
someone I have difficulty reading in general (I've read him as scum in most games I've followed of his) so I'm slightly reluctant to make a solid call either way right now but there are a few posts of his tonally that read as town such as and but will admit the point on him "not knowing the number of the scum team" in doesn't come across as natural and his explanation for it is kind of meh. Willing to give him a bit of lee-way too given he's the top draft spot.

Scum (Strongest to weakest):
Siv, Flubber

Sivs
actually someone I've played with twice before, one being in this specific setup (He was town in both past games) and I'm finding his play here to be very different from then and while that might be due to a change in playstyle given how long ago the games were something doesn't feel right here at all from him. I really don't like his reasoning behind his number choice in and , I actually kind of have a crack-pot type theory that he picked 4 as scum and got a partner to double (or triple even) up on it as well to use it as a means of clearance later in the game, would explain his number choice and attitude to the whole thing. His vote on Elmo in feels very weak and his reaction in actually reads as incredibly scummy. Also don't like his mention of Anen in , plus it doesn't bode well with his read on him in , not a fan of the read or reasoning on Elmo too. Relatively confident he's scum.

Flubbers
posts for the most part have been weak questioning such as , , , , none of the questions really lead to much and seem more like him trying to seem active and contributive without actually being so. Also noteworthy is that he hasn't stated many unique (or any) reads and thoughts at all. Can't put my finger on exactly what it is but something in feels off to me too.

And with all that:

Vote: Siv
Regfan
Regfan
Jack of All Trades
Regfan
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #375 (isolation #1) » Fri Aug 22, 2014 7:18 pm

Post by Regfan »

VOTE COUNT 1.3

Salamence - Gameplay. Hephaestus
Gameplay - Salamence, Elmo
Elmo - Toby, Aneninen
Flubber - Siv, Regfan
Hershey - ZZZX
Hephaestus - Hershey,
Regfan - Aafter
ZZZX - Flubber

Siv
Aneninen
Armageddon
Aafter
TobyLoby
Saki

Not Voting :
Armageddon, Saki,

Deadline is in (expired on 2014-08-30 00:01:00)

With 14 players it takes 8 to lynch
!

If anyone disagrees with or doesn't understand any of my reads/reasoning they should state so, willing to go into it in more detail if needed.

Oh and I did have one question I wanted to ask; Elmo, what role would you take as the #1 draft spot as scum and why?
Last edited by burn_209 on Sat Aug 23, 2014 6:39 am, edited 1 time in total.
Regfan
Regfan
Jack of All Trades
Regfan
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #377 (isolation #2) » Fri Aug 22, 2014 8:58 pm

Post by Regfan »

In post 376, TobyLoby wrote:With a set-up like this, there is not a lot of room to maneuver in. Players can figure out and verify your role based on the draft system. These same roles can belong to either town or scum; some more likely than others. It's very likely you're going to be forced to out your role either due to interactions or a mass claim. It's not going to go down well if you, as a scum vig, kills off some bizarre person who doesn't fit the criteria you listed.

Oh I fully realise that scum (Especially high in the order) can't fake-claim roles without being caught, if he got the vig power he's going to have to claim it at some point down the line and not have shoot the towniest player in the game with it but I think Scum!Sala would instead keep it unclaimed on D1 and then manipluate his reads to allow himself to shoot a stronger player than Game for instance with it so he assists scum but still has "town motivation" behind his shot. Either way he's one of my weaker town reads at the moment and do very much want him to get around to stating thoughts on other players in the game.

Do you disagree with any of my other reads/reasoning at all? Also you should totally join me on Siv, there's cookies for joining.
Regfan
Regfan
Jack of All Trades
Regfan
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #380 (isolation #3) » Fri Aug 22, 2014 11:59 pm

Post by Regfan »

Anen, re; Flubb, I hardly think the "replacement issue" nullifyiness scum-tells such as not scumhunting and asking filler type questions. I also don't really think the draft order has any impact on whether Elmo believed there was 2 or 3 mafia, the roles usages don't change in either case so that argument doesn't do much for me.

Oh and is English your second language? I don't mean to be rude or anything it's just the phrasing of some of your posts feel odd? And when I've noticed that in the past it's either due to scum being forced or the person not being a native English speaker and I'm thinking it's the second one in this case.
Regfan
Regfan
Jack of All Trades
Regfan
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #383 (isolation #4) » Sat Aug 23, 2014 1:30 am

Post by Regfan »

Really don't like the fact that Flubber came in here and clearly read through enough to answer Anens question but completely avoided responding to my scum read of him or my statement that he hasn't scumhunted at all.
Regfan
Regfan
Jack of All Trades
Regfan
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #386 (isolation #5) » Sat Aug 23, 2014 2:24 am

Post by Regfan »

Eh, that reaction actually looks kind of townish.

Unvote, Vote: Flubber
Regfan
Regfan
Jack of All Trades
Regfan
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #387 (isolation #6) » Sat Aug 23, 2014 2:35 am

Post by Regfan »

Actually while you're here can you explain to me how you determined the order in which to reread players for your reads list in because you state
"Flubber + Hephaestus + Venrob: Don't know off their posts (
mostly due to braindeadedness by the time i got to them
)"
which implies you got to them last but going by the playerlist and the ISO list that wouldn't have occurred which suggests a different manner; what was it and why'd you use it?
Regfan
Regfan
Jack of All Trades
Regfan
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #391 (isolation #7) » Sat Aug 23, 2014 3:24 am

Post by Regfan »

Game, not even remotely interested in lynching Sala today, if I can't get Flubber I'd be okay going back to Siv though because his answer to that was really underwhelming but there's also a bunch of lurkers / new replacements that I need to get a handle on (Saki/Arma ect.).

Elmo, want to explain your town read on Siv for me please or "why he isn't dying today".
Regfan
Regfan
Jack of All Trades
Regfan
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #395 (isolation #8) » Sat Aug 23, 2014 6:18 am

Post by Regfan »

In post 394, Siveure DtTrikyp wrote:God that above post is literally posted just to try make regfan townread me... wtf am I supposed to do?

Stop caring about your appearance if you're town, instead focus on scumhunting. Flubbers probably one scum, if you're town who are the others?
Regfan
Regfan
Jack of All Trades
Regfan
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #399 (isolation #9) » Sat Aug 23, 2014 6:42 am

Post by Regfan »

Elmo, moving more and more towards agreeing with you in that I don't want Siv today. Flubber hangs today.

Seen Sala and ZZZX around a lot in the last few hours, both need to get in here and contribute. Should mention it now by the way, while I had a weak town read on Antole a few 'things' would actually make sense if that slots scum.

In post 397, Siveure DtTrikyp wrote:I don't KNOW. I don't know how to get scumreads. Everyone I look at is either town or null due to lack of posts. I'm probably overdoing the townreads, but I don't know which would be wrong.

There's people you said you didn't get around to properly, go take a re-look at them, take another look over Game (I don't see how you or anyone can have
no
read on him), really all you need to do is
attempt to scumhunt
, whether your reads are super accurate or not doesn't bother me, I just need to see genuine scumhunting.
Regfan
Regfan
Jack of All Trades
Regfan
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #405 (isolation #10) » Sat Aug 23, 2014 10:05 am

Post by Regfan »

In post 402, Aneninen wrote:So, do you think that Flubber is reading me a lot while he's ignoring others? If so, I don't see the reason of it.

There's two likely reasons and both are very scum motivated, the first being that he's only reading snippets of the thread and replying to the parts he reads which shows no attempt to scumhunt but the one I think is more likely the case is he doesn't know how to respond as scum and is waiting for his partners to help and coach him in the day-talk. Also you know where my head is at re; Elmo and to add to it I've kind of liked his last few posts as well?

In post 403, Siveure DtTrikyp wrote:(1) I kinda think heph is town, b/c of his doggedness on pursuing sala's claim.

[Snip] (2) And gameplay,
if
I'm town
my play will change in later days.

Can you elaborate on (1) for me please and explain or rephrase (2) especially the bolded.
Regfan
Regfan
Jack of All Trades
Regfan
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #408 (isolation #11) » Sat Aug 23, 2014 10:34 am

Post by Regfan »

I don't make anything of that at all. I think you're doing too much role type speculation rather than just using standard tells.
Regfan
Regfan
Jack of All Trades
Regfan
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #412 (isolation #12) » Sat Aug 23, 2014 3:57 pm

Post by Regfan »

Others need to start chiming in.

Anen, what I meant is you're doing too much role type speculation rather than just reading things as they are for instance your "Sala could be doing 3 things! Not lynching him because they might be town" and "Flubber might have been a doc ignoring others to see if I'm a PR" are lines of logic that aren't needed at this point in the game, much better of just reading things as they are and then assessing whether there's more scum or town motivation towards it.

Game, we don't need your vote on Flubber now (Because we're waiting on a lot of players/replacements to catch up and contribute) but when it comes time would really appreciate if you joined us there. Also agree re; Anen, his last few posts have strengthened my town read on him ten fold.

In post 411, Siveure DtTrikyp wrote:Regfan, about 2) I speak with a lot of hypotheticals. You have no knowledge of my alignment so I phrase the stuff like that. Also, it's basically a promise of me to get good reads (with probably a lot more clarity) later. If I don't follow up on that I DO deserve to be lynched tbh.

Mind linking me to one time in the past where you've used a similar hypothetical because it really feels odd, for instance me stating "Town are going to win if I'm town" would be something extremely unnatural to state even if you didn't know definitively that I'm town.
Regfan
Regfan
Jack of All Trades
Regfan
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #414 (isolation #13) » Sat Aug 23, 2014 7:01 pm

Post by Regfan »

Will take a look over that link when I get home.

Yeah my town read on Antaoles slot is completely dead now, ZZZX taking this long to actually get around to this game while being incredibly active elsewhere doesn't look good and Venrob wasn't lying about "there's probably one scum in the top 3" which that slot fits fairly well.
Regfan
Regfan
Jack of All Trades
Regfan
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #415 (isolation #14) » Sat Aug 23, 2014 7:26 pm

Post by Regfan »

@Toby/Anyone
that's pieced together what I'm saying and understands the setup; Do you think it's advantageous for me to fully out it or have ZZX hardclaim?
Regfan
Regfan
Jack of All Trades
Regfan
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #417 (isolation #15) » Sat Aug 23, 2014 8:01 pm

Post by Regfan »

Yeah, I'm not even sure where to put Siv anymore, a lot of what he's done makes sense as mafia, like a lot but there's a few things he's said that I have trouble seeing him be able to fake as scum. Think I'll table him for now and focus elsewhere, hoping if he's town I'll see it in time with him actually scumhunting.

In post 416, TobyLoby wrote:I think we need to stop talking about hypothetical PRs and their draft levels until a massclaim.

This isn't a "hypothetical" thing. Have you worked out what I'm trying to say, yes or no? If yes should I out it?
Regfan
Regfan
Jack of All Trades
Regfan
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #420 (isolation #16) » Sat Aug 23, 2014 8:13 pm

Post by Regfan »

In post 418, TobyLoby wrote:I've been thinking about it and I know what you're getting at it.
My first thought is: it might be early, but it might lead to us all claiming.
but now I feel like, well, maybe the cats out.

Underlined is untrue, it would only really involve me, ZZZX and POSSIBLY but unlikely Elmo.

Pedit: Yeah, you've worked it out. I'm not sure what to do with it.
Regfan
Regfan
Jack of All Trades
Regfan
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #423 (isolation #17) » Sat Aug 23, 2014 8:37 pm

Post by Regfan »

In post 421, TobyLoby wrote:I don't know if it's GOOD play. Is it advantageous? Could be. It would be better if that slot had actually talked more.

I'll mull on it a bit, if I hold onto it and get shot you'd need to out it most certainly though.

In post 422, Aneninen wrote:Don't out. All we would get is WIFOM. In my opinion. According to the thing I quoted above I don't say anything else about it.

Uh, there wouldn't be any "WIFOM" involved in it really?
Regfan
Regfan
Jack of All Trades
Regfan
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #424 (isolation #18) » Sat Aug 23, 2014 8:47 pm

Post by Regfan »

Updated:

Town (S->W): Toby, Game, Aneninen, Hershey, [Gap], Sala, Elmo

Null/Conflicted on: Saki, Arma, Aafter, Heph

Scum (S->W): Flubber, [Gap] ZZZX, Siv
Regfan
Regfan
Jack of All Trades
Regfan
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #428 (isolation #19) » Sat Aug 23, 2014 9:22 pm

Post by Regfan »

Anen again it wouldn't "involve" a lot of people, just three of us maximum really, more likely two.

And Toby, I'd consider it the former. Screw it I might as well out it, at this point scum would have worked out what we're talking about anyway;

Venrob tried to get the universal backup role, it was taken.
That means one of Elmo/ZZZ/Sala took Universal Back Up OR Role Cop. Sala has claimed vig, I don't think he'd lie about that at all which means I'm happy to rule him out being the person. That means one of Elmo and ZZZ took Back Up or Role Cop. There's no town motivation for #1 in the draft pick to go for Backup or rolecop which means if Elmo has it he's scum, there's also little to none town motivation for the #2 draft pick to take a role like that however there's plenty of scum motivation to have rolecop early on.

So if one of ZZZ/Elmo took Universal Back Up / Rolecop they should claim it in their next post.
Regfan
Regfan
Jack of All Trades
Regfan
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #431 (isolation #20) » Sat Aug 23, 2014 9:53 pm

Post by Regfan »

In post 430, TobyLoby wrote:This is a good call.

Yeah, figured it was pretty important to try and get the information out there in case I die, was just unsure on whether to try and soft it or just come out and state it. Hoping and think I've made the right move here because it's very likely one of Elmo/ZZZ is a scum rolecop that we need to sort out.
Regfan
Regfan
Jack of All Trades
Regfan
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #434 (isolation #21) » Sat Aug 23, 2014 10:17 pm

Post by Regfan »

In post 432, gameplay506 wrote:Whwre did he say that? What if he lied too?

Uh, what? This is information told to me by the mod, the mods not going to be lying to me.
Regfan
Regfan
Jack of All Trades
Regfan
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #436 (isolation #22) » Sat Aug 23, 2014 10:20 pm

Post by Regfan »

I was told that Venrob attempted to get the universal backup role, I've ended up getting VT, that means the role was taken.
Regfan
Regfan
Jack of All Trades
Regfan
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #439 (isolation #23) » Sat Aug 23, 2014 10:33 pm

Post by Regfan »

In post 438, gameplay506 wrote:I think elmo ia fruit vendor btw. So it can be ZZZX. But why would you claim you are a VT now? Kinda helps scum.

Highly highly highly doubt Elmos a fruit vendor. And I claimed now because one of Elmo/ZZZX are likely a scum rolecop and had I not claimed that information might have potentially died with me; trade-off of them knowing that I'm not roled is worth the chance of hitting a strong scum PR.
Regfan
Regfan
Jack of All Trades
Regfan
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #441 (isolation #24) » Sat Aug 23, 2014 10:48 pm

Post by Regfan »

In post 440, gameplay506 wrote:So whoever claims backup/rolecop dies?

Best not talk too much about it now since it'll give them ideas on how they should play it and react but suffice to say that it's a focus for now, both of them have to state "I did take/am backup/rolecop (and why)" or "I'm not rolecop/backup" in their next posts, we'll work from there.
Regfan
Regfan
Jack of All Trades
Regfan
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #444 (isolation #25) » Sat Aug 23, 2014 11:58 pm

Post by Regfan »

In post 442, Aneninen wrote:8.
Jailkeeper/Tracker
– so far, Jailkeeper has been the most popular role and it has been taken three times by the mafia. I'd doubt that anyone would chose Tracker. On the other hand, a Jailkeeper is good for both factions. Still, according to the statistics, this role may be important for us.
Contradict me fast, if you disagree, that's important!

I strongly disagree with all parts of the plan that involve these two roles, for one tracker is a relatively decent role and for the second it's very plausible for both factions to take the jailkeeper option. I don't think outting where this is really helps at all and think it'll just help aid scums night kill. Tracker/Jailkeeper are roles that are stronger later in the game, to live till later in the game they can't be outted D1.
Regfan
Regfan
Jack of All Trades
Regfan
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #445 (isolation #26) » Sun Aug 24, 2014 12:00 am

Post by Regfan »

Pretty much ditto Tobys post (Somehow I didn't get cut by it, weird). All other plans can wait until we sort out them two.
Regfan
Regfan
Jack of All Trades
Regfan
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #480 (isolation #27) » Sun Aug 24, 2014 8:08 am

Post by Regfan »

Unvote, Vote: ZZZX

Flubber can be vigged, more important to lynch a scum rolecop.

In post 467, ZZZX wrote:So you are voting me because my proc picked a role that benefiets scum more? Dont you see it benefiets town by denying scum access to it?

If his aim was to "deny scum having it" why didn't he take backup? It'd have stopped scum having rolecop and had some use. Rolecop in town hands makes no sense at all since this is not a setup where people lie about their roles, it makes a lot of sense in scum hands though. Also and suggest you've read through the thread and caught up, if that's the case I find it really hard to believe you have nothing to comment on other than Sala v Game.
Regfan
Regfan
Jack of All Trades
Regfan
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #491 (isolation #28) » Sun Aug 24, 2014 10:59 am

Post by Regfan »

@Mod
, I think there's a lot of people in prod-range; Hersh/Saki/Maybe Sala.

In post 486, TobyLoby wrote:Assuming we're seeing a scum flip here, my only question is why scum would take rolecop as possibly their first role. It's useful, but as one of their first picks? I don't see it if all their partners are far away or they sucked it up on the draft list. Makes me think there is scum around that draft number to better legitimize it.

Eh, I'd argue that it's even more important if their partners are all the way down the list or had a shitty draft? Since it'd mean in that case there's more town PR's out there and the rolecop would help them find them and shoot stronger roles. Either way can be discussed more later.
Regfan
Regfan
Jack of All Trades
Regfan
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #501 (isolation #29) » Sun Aug 24, 2014 1:01 pm

Post by Regfan »

Sala, in this setuo rolecop is very useless as town since people don't exaclty lie about their claims, that means him taking as #2 on the draft makes very little sense as town and if his reasoning was "to stop scum getting it" he'd have taken the backup element of the role. The whole thing makes a lot more sense as scum taking the rolecop (Which is very useful too them), add to that ZZZX's sole read is that Game is scum and that's it. So yeah, you're wrong on both ZZZX and Game and need to start contributing and I know you're capable of doing so. Also if you vig Game I'm considering it a scum claim.
Regfan
Regfan
Jack of All Trades
Regfan
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #504 (isolation #30) » Sun Aug 24, 2014 1:15 pm

Post by Regfan »

In post 502, Salamence20 wrote:name some good vig shots

There's a lot of them in this game, heaps of lurkers and slots that haven't contributed that vigging would sort out. I'd shoot Flubber since I think he's scum (Haven't had a chance to check his interactions with Antole though) but if you don't see it then any of Aafter/Arma/Saki/Maybe Heph are good.
Regfan
Regfan
Jack of All Trades
Regfan
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #508 (isolation #31) » Sun Aug 24, 2014 1:34 pm

Post by Regfan »

Siv, if you'r referring to the below yeah it was the role-related 'thing'.

In post 399, Regfan wrote:Seen Sala and ZZZX around a lot in the last few hours, both need to get in here and contribute. Should mention it now by the way, while I had a weak town read on Antole a few 'things' would actually make sense if that slots scum.
Regfan
Regfan
Jack of All Trades
Regfan
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #511 (isolation #32) » Sun Aug 24, 2014 1:50 pm

Post by Regfan »

In post 509, Hershey Kiss wrote:Reg, why did Siv's reaction to your vote look townish?

It's based on p shitty reasoning (Which is why I still think he might be scum but it's a much weaker read now and am content leaving him be for now since I think I'll get a stronger read from him as this progresses) but his first line of is something I have trouble seeing him say as scum. For some context I've played with him tiwce and strongly town read him correctly both times, the first time was in a newbie (I think?) and everyone in the room was pushing on him an d I was single handily trying to defend him so I can see how his natural town reaction would be
"Probably my fault, b/c I've sucked so far lol."
to me voting him.
Regfan
Regfan
Jack of All Trades
Regfan
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #515 (isolation #33) » Sun Aug 24, 2014 6:51 pm

Post by Regfan »

In post 512, Hershey Kiss wrote:I can't think of what use a role cop would be for town. It can catch a fakeclaim, but this setup probably doesn't see a lot of fakeclaims. Can those who know the setup tell me if this is true or not?

Very rare from what I remember; there's not really much reason for scum to fake-claim (Scum generally don't claim unprompted and will only do so if they're run up or during a mass-claim which is later in the game). Eh, been tossing up whether lynching right now or waiting is the best move myself and I think a hammer now is probably best mostly because the game seems to be stalling, a flip and some night actions should help push it forward.

In post 513, Salamence20 wrote:Anatole isn't an idiot, but whatever.
His town flip gives me justification to blow gameplay's brains out.

No one is saying he's an idiot? And if you think he's a solid player wouldn't that make you suspect him rather than town read him? There's minimal town motivation to taking that role as the #2 on the draft but lots of scum and he probably wasn't expecting to be forced to claim early on.
Regfan
Regfan
Jack of All Trades
Regfan
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #519 (isolation #34) » Sun Aug 24, 2014 8:40 pm

Post by Regfan »

In post 516, ZZZX wrote:So I am fucking getting policy lynched because of my proc's choices? Fuck that. I am fucking town and I don't care about the usefulness of avrolecop right now. I know it can be useful enough IMO
I need to stop replacing in if it means a policy fucking lynch. I am lynched foe my claim while we were a universal town read. Such bullshit

Explain how it can be "useful enough" as town for me and it's not just a "policy lynch" it's also (at least for me) based around the fact that since replacing in you've been incredibly active elsewhere while lurking and delaying catching up here, then your read on Game and mention of Gamer v Sal suggests you either read or skimmed the thread but stated zero other reads or thoughts, it's not genuine scumhunting at all.
Regfan
Regfan
Jack of All Trades
Regfan
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #540 (isolation #35) » Mon Aug 25, 2014 7:22 am

Post by Regfan »

Half asleep but will read flubs post again when I get up, conflicted on it atm.

Think an empty slot ie. Arma, aafter, saki are the best vig shots right now.

Still content with someone hammering zzzx.
Regfan
Regfan
Jack of All Trades
Regfan
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #549 (isolation #36) » Mon Aug 25, 2014 10:17 am

Post by Regfan »

I don't think that's actually a hammer, Flubber was voting Antaole already meaning someone else is going to have to hammer.

Also nah Game, I think we're better of having someone vigged that's done nothing and is thus completely unreadable.
Regfan
Regfan
Jack of All Trades
Regfan
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #553 (isolation #37) » Mon Aug 25, 2014 10:24 am

Post by Regfan »

In post 550, Aneninen wrote:According to my Vote Count, it's L–1 now.

Mind posting your vote count? It's been eons since I've seen one.
Regfan
Regfan
Jack of All Trades
Regfan
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #555 (isolation #38) » Mon Aug 25, 2014 10:39 am

Post by Regfan »

In post 554, gameplay506 wrote:No. Lurkers get replaced. Flubber dies tonight.

If it was just 1-2 lurkers I'd agree with you in that we can leave them be and wait for activity to pick up or for them to be replaced but the sheer fact that there's so many of them and that I have several town reads on non-lurker players means PoE suggests they're likely to be scum or at least get into the way of being able to work this out and probably won't be replaced for quite some time, I consider them win/win type shots right now. Plus it's important that there's a distinction between which type of players are being vigged and which aren't because it means we won't have a cross-over of vig-shot and cop-investigation.
Regfan
Regfan
Jack of All Trades
Regfan
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #562 (isolation #39) » Mon Aug 25, 2014 11:37 am

Post by Regfan »

Sala , you really going to stop lynching scum just because Games calling you mafia? Get your head in the game.
Regfan
Regfan
Jack of All Trades
Regfan
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #564 (isolation #40) » Mon Aug 25, 2014 11:39 am

Post by Regfan »

Yeah actually, I wouldn't mind a Hepha vig, the fact that he's lurking this thread but hasn't commented on anything (Especially the wagon/case on ZZZX) is awful.
Regfan
Regfan
Jack of All Trades
Regfan
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #568 (isolation #41) » Mon Aug 25, 2014 11:49 am

Post by Regfan »

/Headdesk. You're actually using gamblers fallacy? The fuck is wrong with you.
Regfan
Regfan
Jack of All Trades
Regfan
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #569 (isolation #42) » Mon Aug 25, 2014 11:50 am

Post by Regfan »

There's actually so much badlogic in that post of yours that it's infuriating to read.
Regfan
Regfan
Jack of All Trades
Regfan
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #573 (isolation #43) » Mon Aug 25, 2014 12:01 pm

Post by Regfan »

In post 572, Salamence20 wrote:Also you have an alt named Rapidcanyon. Dont tell me about bad play

I don't?
Regfan
Regfan
Jack of All Trades
Regfan
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #576 (isolation #44) » Mon Aug 25, 2014 12:06 pm

Post by Regfan »

In post 574, Salamence20 wrote:I still stand by this. Fuck, regardless of ZZZX's alignment, Im still scum. IM BEING SET FOR A LYNCH AFTER MY VIG SHOT IS DIRECTED. WHAT. THE. FUCK.

Except you're not, I think you're town and several others do as well. Games about the only person adamant that you're scum and his one vote isn't going to push a lynch on you so stop being silly. Not to mention the aim of this is to lynch scum, not to try and dodge future suspicion so please revote ZZZX.

Also that's a really weird lie for someone to tell you.
Regfan
Regfan
Jack of All Trades
Regfan
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #580 (isolation #45) » Mon Aug 25, 2014 2:28 pm

Post by Regfan »

This game is seriously stalling, two more votes on ZZZX please.
Regfan
Regfan
Jack of All Trades
Regfan
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #583 (isolation #46) » Mon Aug 25, 2014 8:49 pm

Post by Regfan »

Two more votes needed on ZZZX still, sooner is better than later.

In post 582, ZZZX wrote:and dont you think the speed of my wagon and how people juist blindly accepted it a plain claim that I am a town wagon? wouldnt my scum buddies for exmaple defend me indirectly/? 0r tell me not to claim in the scum PT/QT for example? Sadly noone of that happened because there are No scum buddies as I am town.

No ones defending you because there is no defence for you, you got caught in a position where you're confirmed to have made a move that's very scum motivated and anyone that tries to argue otherwise would be linking themselves towards you after you get lynched (Which you will) meaning your partners are best of bussing you or what I think is more likely is that your partners are just lurking and absent.
Regfan
Regfan
Jack of All Trades
Regfan
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #585 (isolation #47) » Mon Aug 25, 2014 11:39 pm

Post by Regfan »

In post 584, Elmo TeH AzN wrote:I really haven't liked this wagon from the start. Why would he claim a pro scum role bothers me.

Not like he had a choice, was confirmed that either you or him had it and going up against someone trying to claim their role isn't a plausible scum strategy so his only choices were claim backup or rolecop neither making sense to take as town #2 spot, think he thought he'd be town read claiming the rolecop element of it.
Regfan
Regfan
Jack of All Trades
Regfan
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #589 (isolation #48) » Tue Aug 26, 2014 12:30 am

Post by Regfan »

In post 587, TobyLoby wrote:
I'm more paranoid of certain individuals not jumping on the wagon as it looks good to not be on it due to these circumstances if ZZZX flips town.
I realize that is neglecting factors such as scum possibly already being on it already, or them just not being around.

I'm not in the slightest feeling the underlined? All the off-wagoners are either flat out not here or town reads of mine.

People off wagon are Elmo, Heph, Hershey, Aafter, Arma, Sai and now Sala. I have Elmo, Hersh (Has stated intention to vote ZZZX) and Sala as town and Aafter/Arma/Saki are clearly not here/caught up, the only real one that fits the profile is Heph and he's only had the pop in post.
Regfan
Regfan
Jack of All Trades
Regfan
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #626 (isolation #49) » Fri Aug 29, 2014 8:52 pm

Post by Regfan »

Going to need to step back and re-look at a few things, was p confident ZZZX was flipping scum. Have stuff on tonight but will carve out time for it tomorrow, in the meantime the lurker/empty slots really need to catch up and contribute.

In post 621, zMuffinMan wrote:i dont have my role pm yet so im gonna say maybe and no

I'm really hoping this is just you fucking around because 1) Posting without a role PM is pretty messed up and 2) A mod not allowing a replaced in player the ability to use their night action (Especially a vig) is something I really never want to believe happens.

In post 625, Siveure DtTrikyp wrote:Okay. Based off the nightkill VOTE: saki

You'll need to elaborate on this more for me.
Regfan
Regfan
Jack of All Trades
Regfan
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #645 (isolation #50) » Sat Aug 30, 2014 1:10 pm

Post by Regfan »

Got time for the mass-reread in a few hours, mostly want to relook into Heph/Flubber/Hersh/Elmo/Siv ect. since I'm not feeling strong enough either way on them.

In post 627, zMuffinMan wrote:*shrug* not like anything i was posting was game-relevant anyway and i have my role PM now

Yeah but the problem is that I'd have read into those lines (Even if you don't consider them game relevant) had you not stated you didn't have your role PM.

In post 639, Siveure DtTrikyp wrote:My vote for saki is PoE, the toby kill adds to that PoE. I don't think the kill was a PR search at all, so yeah.

This doesn't mesh with your reads at all. You had a town read on Toby therefore Toby being shot and flipping town shouldn't have changed your reads in the slightest so how does your Saki vote have
anything at all
to do with Toby dying. Explain how the PoE works too, why Saki over say Arma, Aafter or Flubber?
Regfan
Regfan
Jack of All Trades
Regfan
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #646 (isolation #51) » Sat Aug 30, 2014 5:03 pm

Post by Regfan »

Elmo how confident are you that Siv is town on a scale of 1-10? I'm having issues with a
lot
of things he's done and still have the tin-foil theory that he's scum and had 2-3 of them go in the 4's. I also got bored overnight so went do some research and found His Mafia QT for this setup most notably #4 where he says
"Hey we can pick the same number as a wifom method."
though admittedly he moves on to say that he can't do it because people would question him changing his number from something outlandish to something normal but then again that's exactly what he's done this game.

I'm still very confident in Anen (Would be floored if he's scum) and Game being town and to lesser extents Muffin (Sala), Elmo and Hershey (Didn't like but reading the rest of her ISO again I don't see her as scum at all). Happy enough to move them to the side.

Left working inside a pool of Siv, Heph, Saki, Flubber, Uct and Aafter. Saki, Uct and Aafters slots have absolutely not content and are near impossible to read (Start contributing please), Siv I'm mulling on and want Elmos answer before considering going there today which leaves Flubber and Heph.

My hesitancy in wanting Flubber vig-shot was largely because I was leaning against his interaction working as scum with ZZZX since his and Antoles spat earlier didn't look like partners but with ZZZX flipping town that kills it entirely, that said kind of getting town vibes while rereading and his interaction with Toby in onwards, need others thoughts on that entire thing though.

Really really didn't like Hephs pop in comment in since it showed he was actively lurking this thread while not contributing and posting or commenting on anything really relevant or useful, that fits exactly how scum play in daytalk scenarios, adds to that. Tobys last few posts showing suspicion towards Heph in and and then dying also points towards Heph-Scum here.

Think I'm most comfortable going here for now:

Vote: Heph
Regfan
Regfan
Jack of All Trades
Regfan
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #657 (isolation #52) » Sun Aug 31, 2014 4:04 am

Post by Regfan »

In post 653, Saki wrote:his predecessor didn't even claim it and he claimed it on his own

He didn't "claim it on his own", he was caught having it and had no choice but to confess to it really.

In post 655, Saki wrote:I mean come on "rolecop = scum so ZZZX dies" is pretty much absurd bullshit if you consider the setup there are perfectly valid reasons for a townie to pick rolecop, esp as second in pick order

1) like, depriving scum of the role 2) and testing claims and being an actually useful town investigative role because PR brackets are somewhat indicative of alignment eg. Cop vs 1-Shot Redirector One is obviously town and the other isn't ou could say that 'well, scum might choose to be cop just to wifom' and that's utterly stupid because scum can take 1-shot redirector and claim cop and have noone know the difference

Taking rolecop as #2 on the draft is something that objectively makes a lot more sense coming from scum and therefore
is
scum motivated and a good indicator of alignment. For 1) If this was the case then taking backup would be the move and given that he claimed rolecop and not backup this reason is automatically eliminated and as for 2) scum generally don't actually fake claim in this, they claim the role they have and yes that means scum don't pick the best role possible for themselves in most cases. Then there's the addition for it to be useful you'd have to have them already claimed, then investigate them and it ends up being a very useless role. Town #2 on the draft has a lot stronger roles they should be taking whereas scum taking rolecop as #2 makes sense.

As for your whole "Regfan would not have let a ZZZX lynch slide" and "their votes were opportunistic", I
led
the lynch on him and it wasn't just based on rolecop=scum so perhaps actually read the god damn game.
Regfan
Regfan
Jack of All Trades
Regfan
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #662 (isolation #53) » Sun Aug 31, 2014 4:58 am

Post by Regfan »

In post 659, Saki wrote:Well that's big fat lie #1.
He doesn't have to listen to you, nor the people that pressured him to claim.
I read your post. You knew that Venrob chose Universal Backup and didn't get it so you looked for a Universal Backup in somewhere else. So you knew that one of Elmo/ZZZX had to be Universal Backup.

If he refused to claim he'd have been lynched, end of story and if he lied and stated that he didn't have rolecop then it'd be a case of "One of Elmo/ZZZ are scum" which is simple to work out not to mention that #1 picks role choice is obvious (And it's not rolecop) meaning he'd have been lynched.

In post 659, Saki wrote:But You Actually Fucking Assumed That a scum rolecop would claim rolecop because there's obviously another rolecop to confirm that he is indeed a rolecop dude, what the hell? AND here's a) way better scum picks than Rolecop as second pick and b) no actual fucking reason to reveal to us the information that Venrob went for UB and failed because its just hilariously obvious rolefishing

There's serveral reasons why a scum rolecop will claim rolecop over claiming backup with the largest being that backup is test-able, if vigs the first role lynched/dead and backup can't shoot with a vig shot they're confirmed to be scum A) I disagree and B) I revealed it because it made a lot of sense for there to be a scum rolecop above and it's a role that needs to be caught very early on not to mention that Venrob had fucking outted the information himself in several softing posts.

Again read the god damn game.

In post 659, Saki wrote:Taking rolecop as #2 as scum doesn't even FIT optimal scum play 1) You'd rather take 1-shot redirector to make sure there isn't a town Cop 2) or roleblocker to make sure there's not a doctor 3) or NEIGHBORIZER because scum neighborizers are hilariously strong EVEN in an open setup where scum neighborizer is possible 4) or jailkeeper to prevent trackers/lock down a claimed town pr 5) or even one of the killing roles over rolecop because there's just so many stronger picks than standard scum rolecop

1) Is a stupid pick because it's 99% likely to be gone and if it is you're left with nothing, 2) Is an okay pick I think there's several draft positions that point towards scum wanting tog et rolecop before roleblocker 3) Disagree strongly, neighbouriser is not stronger than rolecop, 4) Same thing as #2 and 5) Killing roles are problematic for scum to take generally. So no, you're wrong there's lots of instances where scum taking rolecop as #2 makes sense.

In post 659, Saki wrote:
A bunch more drivel

This is getting beyond tiring, you can try and restate it as much as you want but there's lots and lots of reasons for scum to take rolecop and there's also several reasons why Scum!ZZZ would have no choice but to claim it and again that wasn't the only reason I thought he was scum. So how about you stop being a twat and repeating "How could you have lynched him for his claim!!!! How!!!!" and actually read the fucking game and contribute, y'know like scumhunt?
Regfan
Regfan
Jack of All Trades
Regfan
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #663 (isolation #54) » Sun Aug 31, 2014 5:01 am

Post by Regfan »

In post 658, Siveure DtTrikyp wrote:Okay, so I was thinking beforehand and this is roughly what my thoughts were. I think I probably used the nk wifom to excuse a gutread on flubber. Actually, it's kinda weird that everyone would be lurking on the scumteam. Yeah, that's actually 3 scum in like 4 players... That's too easy... I really need to re-evaluate... But this doesn't mean saki is a bad vote."

I'm not following this at all, walk me through it again, what I'm getting from it is that you wanted to make up reasons for your vote (Why? What's the point of doing that) and that the person you were planning on doing it on was Flubber (So why did you not go ahead and do that on him, why Saki?).
Regfan
Regfan
Jack of All Trades
Regfan
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #668 (isolation #55) » Sun Aug 31, 2014 5:14 am

Post by Regfan »

In post 666, Saki wrote:Rolecop: insta-lynch, Universal Backup: not instalynch. with luck, may survive, even get a good town role, be conftown as doctor or jk or something

The fact that you're pushing "If he claims rolecop he gets instant lynched therefore he's town" is one reason why scum would claim rolecop, holy christ.

Now stop being useless and read the fucking game.

In post 667, Saki wrote:you make me cringe

I can ditto this, if I was aware that you were in the game I wouldn't have replaced in.
Regfan
Regfan
Jack of All Trades
Regfan
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #671 (isolation #56) » Sun Aug 31, 2014 5:22 am

Post by Regfan »

You're not even reading anything that's being said at this point, I'm done interacting with you. Saddest part is I'm p positive you're town.
Regfan
Regfan
Jack of All Trades
Regfan
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #684 (isolation #57) » Sun Aug 31, 2014 10:49 pm

Post by Regfan »

Muffin, when you read through and catch up can you focus a bit more on Heph, Flubber and Siv please.

In post 680, Aneninen wrote:I don't like Regfan's answer , where he avoided to answer why he had assumed that Elmo/ZZZX had been a Rolecop (and hadn't been a Backup).

My thought process was as follows; town have no reason to take rolecop as #1/2, town have no reason to take backup as #1/2, mafia have no reason to take backup as #1/2, mafia have reason to take rolecop as #1/2 therefore the most likely scenario is that there's a scum rolecop. Also for the record Sakis lack of content D1 isn't a scum-tell, it's about on par from him and for what it's worth I'd be willing to bet the entire game that he's town here.

Updated (There's a few I kept changing back and forth though so the ordering of 1-2 of them are kind of ehhhh):

Town (S->W): Anen, Saki, Elmo, Muffin, Game, Hershey

Null/Conflicted on: Uct, Aafter, Flubber

Scum (S->W): Heph, [Gap], Siv
Regfan
Regfan
Jack of All Trades
Regfan
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #690 (isolation #58) » Mon Sep 01, 2014 11:08 am

Post by Regfan »

In post 687, gameplay506 wrote:Reg why did I fall down in the town reading list? Lol

Haven't liked your lack of contribution lately but that said it's more a case of my town reads strengthening on other player than it weakening on you.

In post 688, Flubbernugget wrote:Is it even worth trying to figure out why there wasn't a vig kill last night now that Sal has replaced out?

Muffin says he didn't have his role PM until the day started.
Regfan
Regfan
Jack of All Trades
Regfan
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #695 (isolation #59) » Mon Sep 01, 2014 6:44 pm

Post by Regfan »

Anen, you're missing Heph who is just as inactive as After right now and is actually very likely to be mafia from his posts.
Regfan
Regfan
Jack of All Trades
Regfan
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #699 (isolation #60) » Mon Sep 01, 2014 10:01 pm

Post by Regfan »

In post 698, gameplay506 wrote:
Also reg I kinda don't give a fuck anymore so ye

Don't be like that, there's already enough people in this game being useless so if you're town like I think you are then start helping please because right now this game seems pretty dead and nearly no one is helping move it forward at all which is paradise for scum.
Regfan
Regfan
Jack of All Trades
Regfan
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #703 (isolation #61) » Tue Sep 02, 2014 12:46 am

Post by Regfan »

Muffin, I'm really hoping I get up to see your promised catch up in the morning.

Also
@Mod,
this is becoming a bit of a joke, we haven't had a single VC yet today and it's 6 days until the deadline and surely Aafter and Heph are past prod time.

PEdit: Elmo, I'm
still
not seeing the Siv town read but you should totally join me on Heph today.
Regfan
Regfan
Jack of All Trades
Regfan
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #706 (isolation #62) » Tue Sep 02, 2014 12:59 am

Post by Regfan »

Oh lame, I ISO'ed Burn and couldn't find one, top of the page VC's are annoying (Especially for VCA).

You should read through Hepsh ISO yourself and take a look but most notably and are awful and look like scum actively lurking the thread. There's no reads from him at all bar his Sala push and his Sala push is weird too. Also Toby FoS'ed Heph just before he died.

Pedit: Yeah that's fine Muffin.
Regfan
Regfan
Jack of All Trades
Regfan
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #804 (isolation #63) » Tue Sep 02, 2014 2:08 pm

Post by Regfan »

Hershey, the Saki town read is based around his frustration and annoyance at ZZZZX being lynched reads incredibly genuine and as scum I don't think he'd come out of lurking to try and push on me using BoP or crap like that, the entire thing is very natural. Can go more into it if needed but that's the gist of it.

Muffin, looks like you're at a p similar spot then me. I also think a few of Flubbers posts look town especially in the last few days. Mind walking me through your Siv town read though because I seem to be alone in thinking he might be scum here (I have a few reservations about him, a few reactions from him felt kind of town but there's just a lot of stuff added together that I think make sense coming from him as scum), a link to the posts of his you find genuine will suffice if you're being lazy. Also what's your thoughts on Hershey, her daystart post bugged me then I reread her and found her town but her posts since have continued to bug me, they kind of look just like 'going through the motions' and she's the town read I'm most worried about being wrong on.

Game, your Elmo push made me headdesk, there's absolutely no reason Elmo as scum or town or anything would legitimately take neighbourizer or fruit vendor as #1 nor would he fake-claim it, his posts around it read very much as jokes to me and he flat out stated that he wasn't a fruit vendor when pushed about it. I think you need to step back and reread him and the interaction and realise that your push doesn't make sense in the slightest.

In post 718, Siveure DtTrikyp wrote:Btw reg, can you explain the elmo read? I'm a little jittery on him.

Will get to this in a few hours.

In post 745, gameplay506 wrote:Oh and the hepha wagon will probably end up another mislynch. And why don't we question the rolecop pick vise-versa? I mean does it make sense for 4th on the draft to pick up backup?

Seriously dude, you yourself scum read Heph yesterday and wanted him vigged, he hasn't posted since therefore you should still have a scum read on him so this entire "oh Heph is a mslynch!" crap is stupid, we're not lynching him solely for lurking or not being here, if we were Aafter would be dead. We're voting him because there's no real scumhunting from him before he vanished and his posts re; the ZZZX lynch were incredibly scummy which is again something you noticed. And #4 on the pick has most of the good roles gone so backups a solid choice there.

In post 751, gameplay506 wrote:Regfan why are you voting with a scumread of yours?

Siv wasn't voting Heph at the time of my last post so you're being silly there alone and Siv is an incredibly weak read and his vote doesn't change the fact that I think Heph is scum here - if two of my scum reads voted each other I wouldn't then go "oh, I can't vote with my scum reads, I better vote neither".

In post 798, gameplay506 wrote:Oh and Regfan was the most pro-town player. Why did Toby die then? Like shit logic everywhere

I'm a claimed VT and scum probably need to be either doc-hunting, tracker-hunting or something of the sort at the moment so using their kill on someone they know is no threat PR-wise (And if they don't have either cop or doctor they
have
to kill one of them early game) would be idiotic. As for "why is Muffin alive", the same thing, a 1-shot vig is no threat to scum in upcoming nights especially if they have some sort of blocker or think the player replacing in might be bad and shoot town.
Regfan
Regfan
Jack of All Trades
Regfan
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #807 (isolation #64) » Tue Sep 02, 2014 5:11 pm

Post by Regfan »

Uct, kind of important for you to read the whole game. Also explain your Ann scum read? I have him as ridiculously obvious town.
Regfan
Regfan
Jack of All Trades
Regfan
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #812 (isolation #65) » Tue Sep 02, 2014 9:44 pm

Post by Regfan »

Game if you're not going to bother to play seriously why bother joining games at all?

Siv, I liked Elmos and think his defence of you is something that points against him being mafia (Either he's partners with you and I don't think he'd link himself to you so strongly or he's scum and you're town in which case I think he'd let you get lynched) so things like , , ect. read town. Also kind of like his paranoia about me. The only things stopping him from being a "Would bet a lot on him being town" read is the 2/3 mafia thing D1 since I'm not sure how that's something you cn mix up and the fact that he's avoided Heph and I think Hephs scum.
Regfan
Regfan
Jack of All Trades
Regfan
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #816 (isolation #66) » Tue Sep 02, 2014 11:27 pm

Post by Regfan »

Anen, as much as I'd love a lynch and something to push this game forward because it's in a lull I'd rather you not hammer until Utc has fully caught up or at least explained his scum read on you and Muffins let me know where his head is at re; Hershey/Siv (Need this read explained from him).

In post 813, gameplay506 wrote:Welp heph isnt scum.

Why is he not scum? That's what I'm looking at you for, in and you showed a scum read on him, what changed?
Regfan
Regfan
Jack of All Trades
Regfan
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #821 (isolation #67) » Wed Sep 03, 2014 12:18 am

Post by Regfan »

In post 819, gameplay506 wrote:
The push on him convinced me he is not scum

Explain
if your scum reads are Elmo and Anen then it should be the opposite right now since neither Elmo or Anen are voting Heph.

Pedit: Except I don't think you're scum, I'm pretty convinced you're town, I'm just not following your thoughts at all.
Regfan
Regfan
Jack of All Trades
Regfan
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #873 (isolation #68) » Thu Sep 04, 2014 5:30 pm

Post by Regfan »

Sorry, was busy yesterday with my brothers 21st.

Muffin, I'll read through your in more detail later tonight when I can fully focus on it but on a skim I'm not agreeing with the reasoning? You must have missed it / forgotten about it but I wanted your thoughts on Hersh too.

Game, again what the fuck are you doing dude? If you actually have a scum read on me, talk, explain it. You just randomly placing down votes isn't helping.

Haven't really liked Hephs entrance, going to go over his reads list again tonight but the reasoning on most of them look very empty.

In post 839, uctriton00 wrote:Page 18, where Aneninen and pretty much Regfan, decided to claim the Elmo and ZZZX slots. To me that was a very pro-scum move, because the backup is easily WIFOMable if you're a vanilla goon in PYP, and of course knowing who has a role cop is very beneficial to scum, because a town role cop can fish out all fake claims. For that already I don't like either Aneninen or Regfan. I also have a way of gut-reading scum by observing posting style, but it will take some meta reading to work it out. For now, my gut of Aneninen is scum.

Okay this is your only mention of me at all, you've not commented on anything else I've done or any of my other posts yet you say
"heph is incredibly scummy to me right now; I've seen vanilla town heph and it's nowhere near as -derpy- as it played out."
and then proceed to vote me in over joining the Heph wagon, makes absolutely no sense at all, literally none so explain to me what I'm missing and why I shouldn't be reading this as you distancing with Heph.
Regfan
Regfan
Jack of All Trades
Regfan
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #876 (isolation #69) » Fri Sep 05, 2014 1:13 am

Post by Regfan »

@ Mod, Can we have a deadline extension given that there's a slot in the game that hasn't posted at all today and most of yesterday.

Okay Muffin, had time to sit down and read through properly now about the only thing I agree with you on is taht his reaction towards me pushing him did look kind of townish, here's the problems I have with/Siv - 1) I'm reading in a very different light to you, here's how I'm seeing it and the situation, last game Siv was scum in this setup he suggested scum all pick the same number, then said they can't actually do it because he wouldn't be able to explain picking a mundane number p much, that's what he's done this game though and it reads a lot like he's actually decided to follow through with the strategy this time. 2) I don't find any of his reads list to have any real backing and find a lot of his thoughts contradict each other (Will grab/go into these more if needed but I've touched on them before) and 3) His vote coming into today and his reasoning behind it (Trying to use the night kill as an excuse for a read) is something I have a lot of difficulty following.

Think I'm going to take some time to mull and think about this game tonight and tomorrow, somethings not adding up at the moment and need to work out what it is, people really need to start contributing in the meantime though because it feels like there's only 3-4 of us playing as is.
Regfan
Regfan
Jack of All Trades
Regfan
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #905 (isolation #70) » Fri Sep 05, 2014 4:03 pm

Post by Regfan »

Muffin re; (A) it's actually not "that awful an idea", Hoopla, Faraday and Zito used it in one of the first PYP's and it single handily (Though they were probably good enough to win anyway) won them the game because no one wanted to consider that scum would double up. Think about how many people in this game have already said "If we lynch a scum in the 4's the rest are town", there's lots of scum motivation to follow through with the plan and my issue with Siv is all his posts around his number pick feel awkward and forced. (B) He never said anything about doubling in this thread and likely didn't expect anyone to go look for his past QT. Just promise me if Heph if lips scum Siv gets focused on more.

In post 880, uctriton00 wrote:Regfan, regarding your post at the bottom of the previous page, I'm reading who I think can be scum.
I have you and Anninem and Hephaestus, all for various reasons.
And as I disclaimed to gameplay, I see him as a bro (because I get his frustrations as being a large volume poster with 0 participation otherwise) and I've confirmation biased him as town, but that doesn't mean I think he wouldn't be worthy of a vig shot if one exists in case any of Reg/An/heph is wrong, and I let scum gameplay have a win over town Anatole.
In post 882, uctriton00 wrote:Anninem, so because I didn't vote Heph, it means I am scum? The logic in your eyes is, that because I'm not putting my vote on my scummiest read, that I'm lying about something, and thus we enter LAL (which I saw someone write in this game a while back)

I think heph is scummy, as much as you and Regfan. If you read my meta, I'm willing to spread votes on all my scum reads to get reactions.
It's one basic way of hunting, to spread suspicions amongst all your reads. The whole shake a tree theory.

The problem again is that you haven't commented on my play at all other than pushing ZZZX, if you have a scum read on me or want to place a vote down on me you'd have to at least have to have some opinion on my posts, my replace in reads, my posts since, anything but that's missing from your posts making the vote make no sense. And sure "voting to get reactions" is one thing but voting on a wagon that makes your strongest scum reads wagon weaker doesn't make sense, by voting me you increase the likelihood that Heph lives through the day and if you have a strong scum read on him that's not something you'd want. Your wikis kind of outdated/hard to grab stuff from so can you link me to any games you've replaced into in the past please.

In post 904, Siveure DtTrikyp wrote:
Oshi. I've just gone and confused myself. I have really BS reasoning for why anen/heph could be part of the scumteam and now it's kinda throwing me off that ucttriton has that as his scumteam for legitimate reasons. Uh. Yeah...

What "legitimate reasons" has he stated? His scum read on Anen has two parts 1) Gut (Which is hardly something to agree with) and 2) The ZZZX push (Which in this exact post of yours you state is a stupid reason to suspect someone). Throw your BS reasoning at me btw, want to hear it.

In post 887, Hershey Kiss wrote:1) Those saying muffin is obvtown, what looks genuine about his place regarding the rolecop claim? To me, it looks like he knew ZZZ was town and wanted town cred.

2) Reg, I have Anen as town too, but I don't see where the ridiculously obvious part comes in. Can you explain that a little? I liked your points about Saki.

1) I think the manner in which Sal claimed was very unlikely to come from scum, I also disagree with his defence of ZZZX being a bad thing, I think if his idea was that he wanted to try and grab town cred he'd have been less likely to instantly replace out after the lynch went through, also found a few of his interactions with me to read as town. As for Muffin himself, his reads and thoughts seem to mirror me in a lot of places (Just not Siv) so it's strengthened my town read there, that said I wouldn't call the slot "obvtown" by any means.

2) The sheer amount of effort Anens put into scumhunting alone is a huge town tell, scum need to seem active sure, but they don't need to devote the mount of time has to researching and thinking through things especially when he's not been under any pressure at all. As for specific posts his reconsidering of Game and reasoning behind it in is a massive massive town tell and I don't see things like , (Especially this one, holy christ I'd consider him conftown for this one alone) and coming from scum.
Regfan
Regfan
Jack of All Trades
Regfan
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #927 (isolation #71) » Sat Sep 06, 2014 10:32 pm

Post by Regfan »

Sorry, been busy with Fathers Day stuff all day, should be able to get to this in a few hours.
Regfan
Regfan
Jack of All Trades
Regfan
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #930 (isolation #72) » Sun Sep 07, 2014 2:29 am

Post by Regfan »

Far too drained, will have to be tomorrow morning.
Regfan
Regfan
Jack of All Trades
Regfan
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #934 (isolation #73) » Sun Sep 07, 2014 10:47 pm

Post by Regfan »

Just finished catching up and there's nearly nothing there.

It's getting close to the point where this game might as well be called off, mods vanished, no idea when the deadline is anymore and there's literally a slot that's going to go 2 entire day phases without making a single content type post not to mention the sheer number of players that are happy not doing anything.

In post 917, uctriton00 wrote:I don't like Venrob's play (as his vote on Anatole was really insufficiently used; all he did was say 'tis logical, unless I missed other stuff, but I'm too lazy to really care at the moment again). That's already one strike against the Regfan spot. Second is Regfan you also were a driving force of getting ZZZX lynched for claiming role cop. I'm still in the mind that Role Cop can be a very good pro-town role, and I think it was fished out, with very poor reasoning.

So much of your reads seem to be based around "X did Y to Antole", it's getting stupid, there's lots to comment on that doesn't involve Antole - what do you think of my big reads catch up post, what do you think of my reasoning behind my Heph scum read at the moment? What do you think about
anything
non-Antole related. And you must have missed it but I want links to games you've replaced into in the past (As both alignments would be nice).
Regfan
Regfan
Jack of All Trades
Regfan
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #953 (isolation #74) » Mon Sep 08, 2014 5:50 pm

Post by Regfan »

In post 935, Aneninen wrote:At least Saki's back, Regfan.

By "Back" you mean saying hello and then continuing to not do much? I'm getting really really irritated by this game every time I check in or think about it at the moment, at this stage in the game normally I have 1-2 people I'd bet a lot on being scum or 5-6 people I'd bet the game on being town (I only have 2-3 I'm that confident about) here I'm not and it's largely because this game isn't really being played by majority of the room; scum are being allowed to hide inside a huge pool of lurkers.

In post 943, Siveure DtTrikyp wrote:Does gameplay's behaviour make sense as scum?

Honestly
even my
town read on him is dying, he's thrown his vote around without any sort of reasoning attached for the entire day then when questioned about it or anything just states he doesn't care and isn't bothered to do anything, he's making it impossible to work with him.
Regfan
Regfan
Jack of All Trades
Regfan
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #979 (isolation #75) » Wed Sep 10, 2014 12:37 am

Post by Regfan »

Had a ridiculously long day at work today so I'll keep this short;

- Still think Hephs scum although it's not a "I'm 100% positive he's scum" read at all, more I find him fitting as scum the most out of everyone.

- Starting to see Siv as town more. Town read on Muffins also strengthened. Feeling more and more iffy on Gameplay and still worrying about my Hersh town read.

- Don't actually really think Uct is scum, more just annoyed with his play / not following it but want his meta links to be able to get a solid read on him.

- Aafter slot needs to be vigged without a doubt at this point.
Regfan
Regfan
Jack of All Trades
Regfan
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #985 (isolation #76) » Wed Sep 10, 2014 6:42 pm

Post by Regfan »

Yeah, Gameplays plays joining my BL.

In other news we're roughly 1 day from the deadline; not leaving this till the last second, people need to move to Heph now.
Regfan
Regfan
Jack of All Trades
Regfan
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #987 (isolation #77) » Wed Sep 10, 2014 9:52 pm

Post by Regfan »

In post 986, Aneninen wrote:Can't we do something better? Somehow I don't feel the Heph-lynch is a good idea. Flubber or Uctriton would be better.

I haven't actually had a re-look over Flubber in a bit but my last impression was I think he's slightly more likely to be town than mafia - if I get some time tonight (Working 12 hour days in customer service is draining) I'll go over him but even if my mind changes drastically I don't think it's even plausible to swing another lynch (12 votes "in play" and 7 to lynch but remove Game and Aafters and no one is going to selfvote so it'd require 7 of the 9 votes in play and that's with scum having at least one vote elsewhere too, I don't see another lynch secure-able without scum
wanting
it to happen). As for Uct he still needs to provide meta links but not interested in lynching him.

In post 986, Aneninen wrote:I know that lynching Gameplay would be a policy lynch and I'm against policy lynches. But, in this case I strongly think he's ruined (or has been ruining) the game... or should we wait for a replacement? We don't have one for Aafter either.

I'm not for lynching him - Aims to lynch scum, I'm not remotely sold he's scum and if anything I'm getting a gut town read from his replace out.
Regfan
Regfan
Jack of All Trades
Regfan
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #988 (isolation #78) » Wed Sep 10, 2014 9:53 pm

Post by Regfan »

In post 938, burn_209 wrote:Deadline is in (expired on 2014-09-12 00:01:00)

Yeah, 22 hours, another lynch isn't even remotely possible; people need to vote Heph, we're not no-lynching.
Regfan
Regfan
Jack of All Trades
Regfan
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #995 (isolation #79) » Thu Sep 11, 2014 1:02 am

Post by Regfan »

Now it's the most frustrating part; waiting for the flip and constantly checking the page. Worsened by the fact that Burn hasn't been online 2 days.
Regfan
Regfan
Jack of All Trades
Regfan
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #1004 (isolation #80) » Thu Sep 11, 2014 2:03 pm

Post by Regfan »

At work (I'm a bad person that tries to sneak a bit of time to look at this):

- Uct, what I was looking for was links to games YOU replaced into.
- I'd rather an Aafter vig regardless of what Heph flips.
- Think doc/protective roles should be on Elmo without a doubt; stops scum from blocking/shooting him without risking being caught/stopped.
Regfan
Regfan
Jack of All Trades
Regfan
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #1022 (isolation #81) » Mon Sep 15, 2014 10:18 pm

Post by Regfan »

Yeah when I replaced in and it took the mod 10ish hours to actually announce me in the thread nor did he tell me what Venrob bidded for without me asking I was worried.

Good to know that Hersh was scum, was super paranoid over the slot, wouldn't have figured out before I died most likely. Please tell me Hepha was the third.
Regfan
Regfan
Jack of All Trades
Regfan
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #1023 (isolation #82) » Mon Sep 15, 2014 10:18 pm

Post by Regfan »

Wouldn't have figured out Muffin* before I died most likely.
Regfan
Regfan
Jack of All Trades
Regfan
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #1025 (isolation #83) » Mon Sep 15, 2014 11:23 pm

Post by Regfan »

Ah cool, we lynched scum scum then.

Probably would have been a tight game.
Regfan
Regfan
Jack of All Trades
Regfan
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #1029 (isolation #84) » Tue Sep 16, 2014 1:18 am

Post by Regfan »

In post 1026, TobyLoby wrote:Anatole, I don't think your slot would have been lynched if you didn't replace out. You were townie, ZZZX had such a horrible reaction though.

I'd ditto this, I had a town read on Antole and ZZZ's avoidance of the thread and reaction to being asked to claim looked horrendous.

Return to “Completed Open Games”