Open 591: C9++, The Lunatic Ayslum (Game Over: Town Win!)

Marcrell
Marcrell
Goon
Marcrell
Goon
Goon

Post Post #11 (isolation #0) » Mon Mar 23, 2015 3:28 am

Post by Marcrell »

/confirm
Marcrell
Marcrell
Goon
Marcrell
Goon
Goon

Post Post #39 (isolation #1) » Mon Mar 23, 2015 9:18 am

Post by Marcrell »

VOTE: Alchemist21 Being a pinko commie spy in America. Handsome men only come from Europe.
Also no stupid explanation on the RVS vote.
Marcrell
Marcrell
Goon
Marcrell
Goon
Goon

Post Post #44 (isolation #2) » Mon Mar 23, 2015 3:42 pm

Post by Marcrell »

In post 41, Reubus Swagrid wrote:
In post 17, Collatz wrote:VOTE: Reubus Swagrid

Because you spelt 'Rubeus' wrong and because you didn't pick 'Bilbo Swaggins' :)

Lol, you're one of the first people to notice

VOTE: Marcrell

Interesting avatar :P

Yeah. Was actually suggested by Nachomamma in my first Newbie. Can't quote because locked and don't feel like working. I'm sticking with it.
curiouskarmadog wrote:
vote randomidget

trust me, it will be better if we do this now.

I feel like I remember the name randommidget. Can't remember if I've played with him.

My vote on Alchemist was also semi-serious. I'd like a response to the second part. Usually offering some sort of reason, even if useless, is better for town.
Marcrell
Marcrell
Goon
Marcrell
Goon
Goon

Post Post #53 (isolation #3) » Tue Mar 24, 2015 12:57 am

Post by Marcrell »

I found it. Open 558 Hope plus 1. Lost in lylo when I CCed scum claiming and was lynched.

Also VOTE: curiouskarmadog. I'm not seeing his wagon on random.
Marcrell
Marcrell
Goon
Marcrell
Goon
Goon

Post Post #85 (isolation #4) » Tue Mar 24, 2015 10:01 am

Post by Marcrell »

DarkLightA wrote:Why would scum do it?
Denies town information/pressure in the starting phase.

Yes, I was referring to the game I had with RandomMidget.

I'd say vote-hopping becomes more scummy once we leave RVS. It can be reasoned in RVS dependibg in the situation, but later it's mostly bandwagoning if you're hopping. I'd say pretty null right now.
In post 66, BlueBloodedToffee wrote:
In post 64, Otolia wrote:@DarkLightA : That's a pretty weak vote. He was informed but didn't read his PM that carefully. Nothing to get your panties in a bunch !

Before I catch up, this post is horrible.

This and his follow up are pure nonsense. One can assume that you didn't read your PM's fully if you didn't know to confirm in thread. He's either getting uber defensive at a perceived accusation or trying to create scum tells out of thin air.
Marcrell
Marcrell
Goon
Marcrell
Goon
Goon

Post Post #92 (isolation #5) » Tue Mar 24, 2015 10:07 am

Post by Marcrell »

In post 89, curiouskarmadog wrote:
In post 53, Marcrell wrote:I found it. Open 558 Hope plus 1. Lost in lylo when I CCed scum claiming and was lynched.

what part are you not seeing?

my vote page 2 on a wagon "if all things are constant"? Do you think all things will stay constant today?

No not really. It's a new game. Unless you're referring to this game, which without any day abilities will stay constant today. But you seem hyper-serious. I've fucked up like that before. Sometimes you're right and it tirns out, sometimes you're wrong. Bad decision. I don't like policy lynches on people day one though.
Marcrell
Marcrell
Goon
Marcrell
Goon
Goon

Post Post #100 (isolation #6) » Tue Mar 24, 2015 10:28 am

Post by Marcrell »

In post 95, curiouskarmadog wrote:
In post 92, Marcrell wrote:
In post 89, curiouskarmadog wrote:
In post 53, Marcrell wrote:I found it. Open 558 Hope plus 1. Lost in lylo when I CCed scum claiming and was lynched.

what part are you not seeing?

my vote page 2 on a wagon "if all things are constant"? Do you think all things will stay constant today?

No not really. It's a new game. Unless you're referring to this game, which without any day abilities will stay constant today. But you seem hyper-serious. I've fucked up like that before. Sometimes you're right and it tirns out, sometimes you're wrong. Bad decision. I don't like policy lynches on people day one though.

it is a policy vote for sure. midget is a liability. until something actually scummy comes along this game...that is where my vote will stay.

would you have preferred a random vote? why or why not?

Random? No, probably wouldn't have. Something random generates no reactions. And would be useless as there's nothing behind it to try and be a decent lynch.

However, RVS usually develops into actual voting and accusations so an RVS that turns into something real is good. A stupid mistake earlier isn't worth a serious vote.
Marcrell
Marcrell
Goon
Marcrell
Goon
Goon

Post Post #109 (isolation #7) » Tue Mar 24, 2015 2:38 pm

Post by Marcrell »

I like this. Good post. I'd have to say I slightly townread dark now.
Marcrell
Marcrell
Goon
Marcrell
Goon
Goon

Post Post #150 (isolation #8) » Wed Mar 25, 2015 2:01 pm

Post by Marcrell »

I've like Dark's attack. I've liked Collatz defense. I wouldn't say either was scum. I wouldn't townread, but they definitely wouldn't earn my vote.
In post 148, curiouskarmadog wrote:more tingle.

Is this how you refer to gut or a furthering scumread or...?
Marcrell
Marcrell
Goon
Marcrell
Goon
Goon

Post Post #153 (isolation #9) » Wed Mar 25, 2015 4:16 pm

Post by Marcrell »

In post 151, Alchemist21 wrote:^Are you saying that even though you liked their posts they're still null to you?

Okay, that was phrased badly. I like Dark's posts against Collatz. I also like Collatz defense. Neither are anything that scream guaranteed townie to me. But if I has to guess scum or town I'd say town. Town lean I'd say to both of them.
Marcrell
Marcrell
Goon
Marcrell
Goon
Goon

Post Post #202 (isolation #10) » Thu Mar 26, 2015 4:15 pm

Post by Marcrell »

In post 170, RedCoyote wrote:
Spoiler: Wall of quotes
Otolia 26 wrote:Also I'm in BEAUTIFUL Europe, land of the only handsome men (like me) on Earth.

'Course... It's weird that you'd say Europe and not your country or city.

---

Collatz 33 wrote:Because you changed your vote once, and then twice for no reason.

Oh, I don't buy what you're selling.

---

Marcrell 44 wrote:My vote on Alchemist was also semi-serious. I'd like a response to the second part. Usually offering some sort of reason, even if useless, is better for town.

Please. I can't stand it when people unironically say words like "semi-serious", "kinda random" "I'm a little pregnant". Be bold, friend. When I see a word like semi-serious I think you're leaving the door open to go in either direction with your true intentions.

---

mnemonic 46 wrote:I think I have played with only 2 of you before- Red Coyote and Lucky2u.

Yeah, and as I recall you flaked.

---

Marcrell 53 wrote:Also VOTE: curiouskarmadog. I'm not seeing his wagon on random.

I don't like this vote. This is exactly what I was referring to with my criticism of his Alchemist vote explanation. Despite it being a "semi-serious" vote, he completely moves in another direction without addressing why ckd is a better vote than Alchemist.

---

DLA 62 wrote:UNVOTE:
VOTE: BlueBloodedToffee

Were you not informed that you should confirm in-thread?

Eh, don't really like this vote. The question is too lawyer-y, too. Of course he was informed.

If anything, it should be a town-tell to be late in confirming when it's a confirm in thread game. Scum are likely going to be given pre-game access to a PT.

---

BBT 66 wrote:Before I catch up, this post is horrible.

Agreed. Something is off about Otolia. He's over-enthusiastic.

---

DLA 70 wrote:I'm an obvious target because of my vote hopping, and he's taking full advantage of this to make a case against me without questioning whether it's actually a scumtell. What merit does vote hopping this early in the game have to scum that it doesn't have to town? What would make scum more inclined to vote hop than town? I don't know, and I don't think Collatz knows either. I think he's just looking for an easy way to seem pro-town.

Much better post. I like this DLA.

---

Marcrell 85 wrote:This and his follow up are pure nonsense. One can assume that you didn't read your PM's fully if you didn't know to confirm in thread. He's either getting uber defensive at a perceived accusation or trying to create scum tells out of thin air.

I completely disagree. Why do you think it's fine for Otolia to speak on behalf of BBT before BBT could respond to DLA?

---

ckd 89 wrote:what part are you not seeing?

Also this.

Good to play with you again, ckd. It's been a while.

---

Collatz 91 wrote:But I also can't see Town switching their vote.

What do you mean? DLA explained it pretty clearly in . I can accept you disagreeing with him, but it's like you didn't even acknowledge it.

That being said, reading this post you come across more like a stubborn townie to me than scum, so take that how you will.

---

Marcrell 92 wrote:I don't like policy lynches on people day one though.

And just where are you seeing any advocacy of a policy lynch? You seem to be reading wayyy too much into this. I wouldn't even be so critical of this except for the fact that you abandoned your "semi-serious" vote in favor of ckd. Presumably you're fully vested in this vote now.

I'm not going to speak for ckd, but I saw his vote as a placeholder and an attempt to draw attention as to why he's going to be more critical of randomidget in this game based on meta. Nothing more. He even went out of his way to explain it as such.

---

Collatz 103 wrote:Am I the only one who finds this to be suspiscous?

Not particularly, no. Even if I did, however, I'm satisfied with DLA's . I don't think you've taken the time to fairly respond to that post.

---

ckd 112 wrote:so are you voting me because I am douchey or because you think I am scum?

I'm anxious to see a response to this. randomidget needs to explain his vote or move it. As does Otolia and Reubus.

---

Otolia 118 wrote:People who aren't voting right now, why ?

I'm just getting around to reading the thread. Why are you voting mnemomic at this point in the game?

---

In post 135, wgeurts wrote:
Out of the kindness of my heart I've fixed that horrific spelling mistake. Am I not a generous God?

All due respect, I'd rather you not micromanage the posts. By all means, correct broken tags or delete stuff that is rule-breaking, but stuff like this is distracting at best.

---

Lucky2u 137 wrote:Is the implication that as the IC I can decide to not vote but other players have to so that they show their motives? Clearly since the only confirmed town player is doing something, the behavior can't be seen as too suspicious.

I think he noted exactly that when he said "(minus IC that is)".

---

Marcrell 150 wrote:I've like Dark's attack. I've liked Collatz defense. I wouldn't say either was scum. I wouldn't townread, but they definitely wouldn't earn my vote.

Agreed.

I'm most suspicious of Marcrell going into this game, and I'd like to encourage others to join me on this wagon. I'll give y'all a few key points as to why.

1) In post , he votes ckd because he doesn't "see" ckd's vote. Presumably this means he doesn't agree with the vote, but he doesn't take the time to explain why. Further, he abandons his "semi-serious" vote on Alchemist and has yet to address him since. Now, I disagree with his ckd vote on principle, but I'd be open to hearing his opinion as to why it's a better vote than the one on Alchemist (or voting someone else), but he doesn't give us that.
2) I see a chainsaw defense of Otolia in post . Marcrell hasn't talked about Otolia at all this game, and yet he's coming to his defense in what he sees as BBT's nonsensical and defensive posturing. Additionally, this is the strongest he's come down on any player thus far, so it seems to me like this would be a better spot for his vote than ckd is. This speaks even more to the ckd vote not being genuine.
3) The use of the term "policy lynch" in post seems like a strawman. I didn't see ckd advocate for a policy lynch. To be sure, ckd's vote is a policy vote, but he made it clear his vote was riding on randomidget until something better came along. While I can see someone disliking that position, I hardly see it as grounds for voting. The fact that Marcrell felt the need to make a strawman and blow ckd's vote out of proportion is yucky to me.
4) Although I agree with the sentiment behind posts , and , they all kind of say the same thing. Marcrell isn't really adding anything to the conversation like every other active player is (sans mnemonic).

And so it begins.

1. It was RVS. Now it was serious, but in the smallest sense. He didn't explain a vote. Yada yada reactions theory blablabla, I asked why he said nothing. He gave an answer. Not too much there. But, I used to play on EpicMafia. Policy lynches on people with no avatars every game. I despise the very idea of lynching on previous games(or any other matter besides in thread things, unless it's some sort of meta claim), and so I voted.

2. I pointed out the post is completely bonkers. Makes no sense. Otalia made a logical guess. Blue starts freaking out. I pointed it out. Making no sense isn't a scum tell, it means one either has miscommunicated or your idea was crazy.

3. It's a policy lynch. He's voting him because of a previous action. One can assume he would do this in any other game. Hence policy lynch. Resting your vote somewhere because there's no better option doesn't make it any less of a policy lynch.

4. Yeah, I got sort of lazy and didn't feel like analyzing much. My bad here.

I'm sorry, I've got to switch devices. I'll get real stuff up here soon. From skimming, Otalia looks bad, but maybe if I read into it. Should be something tonight. Tomorrow at the latest.
Marcrell
Marcrell
Goon
Marcrell
Goon
Goon

Post Post #222 (isolation #11) » Fri Mar 27, 2015 4:28 pm

Post by Marcrell »

In post 207, RedCoyote wrote:

Marcrell 202 wrote:Policy lynches on people with no avatars every game. I despise the very idea of lynching on previous games(or any other matter besides in thread things, unless it's some sort of meta claim), and so I voted.

Based on this argument, may I assume that you think any time someone votes another player, they want them lynched? If yes, then I want you to justify your votes in this game. If no, then why isn't ckd afforded the same luxury as every other player in this game (namely, the ability to vote someone while not necessarily wanting to lynch them on the spot)?

Marcrell 202 wrote:I pointed out the post is completely bonkers. Makes no sense. Otalia made a logical guess. Blue starts freaking out.

These are all opinions... Look, why is it okay for Otolia to speak on BBT's behalf before BBT has a chance to speak for himself?

Marcrell 202 wrote:Resting your vote somewhere because there's no better option doesn't make it any less of a policy lynch.

And now is your turn to show me where ckd advocated lynching randomidget rather than drawing attention to a previous game. You're conflating the idea of policy votes and policy lynches in a dishonest way.

Uno: RVS votes-fine. RVS claiming a screwup last game-fine. Retaining that-not fine. I may have misread how serious he was about keeping it, but I read him as being insistent on the lynch.
Dos: Because he made a logical assumption. Later on he said it was a typo, he meant to refer to himself and imply the same thing happened. Whether or not that was the intention, the other assumption that can be drawn is that Blue did not misread but completely ignored directions in his role PM. Honestly. I really can't see how this is a problem.
Tres: He voted. Said it would be better to do it early. If I have to say that I made a word mistake and said lynch instead of vote...
I've been getting a vibe that a lot of these questions are semantics. I don't know, maybe I'm crazy.

And now for Marcrell's patented Gigantic Analysis Wall of Text. Today's mystery guest....

Otolia!
In post 64, Otolia wrote:@DarkLightA : That's a pretty weak vote. He was informed but didn't read his PM that carefully. Nothing to get your panties in a bunch !

It was a weak vote. Alright here.
In post 88, Otolia wrote:
In post 80, BlueBloodedToffee wrote:He was informed but didn't read his PM that carefully.

I tried to put myself in your shoes. But you're right, I thought something and said another.

Claims it was a typo. I'm not sure if it was, but I wasn't bothered by the post so eh.
In post 144, Otolia wrote:Considering Collatz qualifies as a MS newbie, one could argue that DarkLightA is grasping at anything he can. I've got nothing better to do with my vote so VOTE: DarkLightA

Aight. I don't really see it. Like, I see where he's going, but I don't think it's there.
In post 155, Otolia wrote:
In post 145, DarkLightA wrote:Otolia, why haven't you come up with anything productive so far? You've asked questions and made empty statements.
In post 144, Otolia wrote:(...)one could argue (...) I've got nothing better to do with my vote (...)

Why the distancing from the vote? Do you not stand by your actions?

Voting is the commitment. Besides what do you consider productive ? Do you consider yourself productive ?

Redirecting the focus. Don't like it.
In post 160, Otolia wrote:
In post 157, DarkLightA wrote:All I'm saying is that that vote looked like you were setting yourself up extremely well to jump off that vote with no further consequences at a later point. I don't like that.

I consider myself productive.

So I'm setting myself up to do the same thing that you just done and that Collatz is calling you on ? Aren't you a bit hypocritical ? I don't really like how you consider yourself above all reproach especially when you're pulling this kind of shit off. Cognitive dissonance at its best.

I think his hopping was established as not being scummy. From what I saw. Again, I see where he's going, but I'm not getting there.
In post 167, Otolia wrote:
In post 163, DarkLightA wrote:
In post 160, Otolia wrote:
In post 157, DarkLightA wrote:All I'm saying is that that vote looked like you were setting yourself up extremely well to jump off that vote with no further consequences at a later point. I don't like that.

I consider myself productive.

So I'm setting myself up to do the same thing that you just done and that Collatz is calling you on ? Aren't you a bit hypocritical ? I don't really like how you consider yourself above all reproach especially when you're pulling this kind of shit off. Cognitive dissonance at its best.

Listen: I'm not calling you out on the voting or on wanting to gather information, that's more than fine, but I'm just questioning the way you're doing it. You're misrepresenting what I'm arguing.

You're deflecting and I don't see the difference between what I've done and what you've done. So in essence, either you needlessly nitpicking to pass as town or you're just pointing fingers at everything that moves in the hope that you can pounce on it.

I haven't played Mafia on MS for a while, I don't remember the last time I played Mafia here but definitely before the Mayan Apocalypse. Maybe War in Heaven III.

This one I don't see much. I can understand being read from being out of it. See Shiryu in http://forum.mafiascum.net/viewtopic.php?f=54&t=58512
But, I don't know if that's happening here.
In post 168, Otolia wrote:
DarkLightA
: Why are you unvoting now ? Is it because of Collatz's last post ?

In post 184, Otolia wrote:
Spoiler: Otolia vs. DarkLightA 1
In post 177, DarkLightA wrote:
In post 167, Otolia wrote:You're deflecting

What am I deflecting? Ask me straight-up what I haven't answered well enough and I'll be happy to share.

Well that :
DarkLightA

Edit : Which you answered when I was writing. But it brings me to my next point.

In post 183, DarkLightA wrote:
DarkLightA

Nope. It's to do with a shift in my reads.

That's fine and all but what about this :
In post 132, DarkLightA wrote:@Collatz, you make some fair points. Re: gathering information I see you mentioned it in #105 too. I missed that. I don't see how you talk about information gathering in #81 though.

This is what I meant by my gathering information. It's between the lines, but pretty clear:
In post 70, DarkLightA wrote:but I like to vote to test people, get used to it.

I see what you're saying about the town vs scum divide on suspicious behavior, but you're wrong (you'll usually be wrong anyway). But that's okay, it's a learning process. You'll find that scum in almost all cases have more to lose from a lynch than town, and thus will be more hesitant to stand out.

I don't like the new "information gathering" explanation you've come up with, especially seeing as it was only something that came out after you were put under considerable pressure. It seems like this is something you've made up retroactively rather than the initial intentions in your actions. That's okay, but I'd like you to be honest if that's the case, because it's not looking too good the way you're portraying it now.

Your posts are increasing giving off a feeling of willingness to cooperate though, which I find pleasing.

Would it be fair if I accused you of trying to escape the responsibility of the unvote by setting yourself up a few post before ?

Spoiler: Otolia versus DarkLightA
In post 167, Otolia wrote:and I don't see the difference between what I've done and what you've done.

Nowhere in my posts did I say: Oh yeah, I mean, uhh... I'm just voting because there's not really a better thing to do. So I guess one could argue that Collatz is acting suspiciously.

That's an imitation of what you did in #. If you wanted to gather information from a vote you should be direct and to-the-point. The way you phrased that post in particular makes it seem like you're trying to avoid being held responsible for the vote.

I'm trying to avoid being held responsible by actively engaging with you ? W/E :roll:

In post 167, Otolia wrote:So in essence, either you needlessly nitpicking to pass as town or you're just pointing fingers at everything that moves in the hope that you can pounce on it.

This is interesting: do you think I am needlessly nitpicky in my play? Because I think I'm making perfectly valid points.
In some ways the latter statement is true—I do try to provoke responses—but that's a legitimate strategy. You're trying to paint me as scum. Why?

So what am I doing then ? I voted you, the same way you voted Collatz, and I'm trying to provoke answers from you (just like you did with him and are doing with me). Why do you hold me to a different standard than yourself ? Why do you base so much of your argumentation on ONE post where I voted, disregarding what I've done afterwards. Sure my vote wasn't the best vote I've ever done, fine. You extorted that much out of me. But the game has to start somewhere. And I believe that I'm doing the same thing in essence that you're doing.

Conclusion : UNVOTE: I think I've made my point. You're doing the same thing that I am. That's my peace offering, don't waste it.

This post is.... Nah. Accusing Dark of being hypocritical. I understand what he means. It makes some sense. But not enough for a scum read.

I can feel the peace offering statement of being one townie believing to be caught in a town v town trying to end it, but the seeming threat doesn't help his case.
In post 190, Otolia wrote:
@DarkLightA
: How you fail to see my PoV is beyond me. We are doing the exact same thing and yet you refuse to budge one inch from your position. I've tried to meet you halfway because I believed that since we were essentially doing the same thing, we must be both town and you unvoted so I just thought we could reach an understanding. But no. By the way, you said "Ask me straight-up what I haven't answered well enough and I'll be happy to share." and I answer "Well that" + a quote of a question, it OBVIOUSLY MEANS THAT IT'S SOMETHING YOU HAVEN'T ANSWERED BUT THEN YOU DID WHILE I WAS WRITING MY POST. :?

In post 187, Alchemist21 wrote:Otoila are you Townreading or Scumreading DLA right now?

I wish I knew myself. I was townreading him in my last post because I thought that he had the same reasoning but now that he is voting me again, it's like the case of Collatz suddenly makes sense. >< For now, he is back to null read like the rest.

In post 156, curiouskarmadog wrote:OTOLIA, apparently you missed this question (?)

In post 149, curiouskarmadog wrote:
In post 144, Otolia wrote:Considering Collatz qualifies as a MS newbie, one could argue that DarkLightA is grasping at anything he can. I've got nothing better to do with my vote so VOTE: DarkLightA

what post do you feel like Dark is "grasping" at straws?

#70 and #108. Especially this quote :
I'm an obvious target because of my vote hopping, and he's taking full advantage of this to make a case against me without questioning whether it's actually a scumtell.
It's like he was waiting for someone to call him on it so he could pounce and start his case.

In post 178, Lucky2u wrote:Otolia are you purposefully ignoring this? Answer or my vote won't move on policy.
I've done so above.

I think this is decent. Alright.

Result: He makes points that are halfway good, but I think are stretching it. I'd lean scum this way.

UNVOTE:

But he's L-3, I'd bring him to L-2. He's got enough votes for now.
Marcrell
Marcrell
Goon
Marcrell
Goon
Goon

Post Post #232 (isolation #12) » Sat Mar 28, 2015 2:16 am

Post by Marcrell »

In post 225, BlueBloodedToffee wrote: - This was a huge overreaction to what I said and the overly defensive vibe in this post is scummy.

In post 85, Marcrell wrote:This and his follow up are pure nonsense. One can assume that you didn't read your PM's fully if you didn't know to confirm in thread. He's either getting uber defensive at a perceived accusation or trying to create scum tells out of thin air.

Can you clarify what you're talking about here? Too many pronouns for my liking.

Alright. If you were a player, you would assume you didn't confirm in thread because you misread the PM. Otolia stated this. Then you started accusing him of speaking for you. I think it's a logical conclusion, not him sticking words in your mouth. So I said you were either A. Getting overly defensive or B. Making up scum tells.
Marcrell
Marcrell
Goon
Marcrell
Goon
Goon

Post Post #238 (isolation #13) » Sat Mar 28, 2015 6:49 am

Post by Marcrell »

I had mostly skimmed because laziness. So then I made a post of detailed analysis of the current topic.

I'm not scum reading blue from his post, I was saying that it wasn't a scum tell from Otolia.

I've said this before. I vote Alchemist. He gives a reason. Dead topic to pursue then. So I vote elsewhere
Marcrell
Marcrell
Goon
Marcrell
Goon
Goon

Post Post #268 (isolation #14) » Sat Mar 28, 2015 6:13 pm

Post by Marcrell »

I'm going to say that Randommidget should probably be lynched at some point before it gets lylo or something because then he's a giant liability. However, these things aren't often scum tells. Being barely off from flaking and completely useless isn't a scum tell, and so if you have any scum reads or something I'd suggest trying to vote them instead. If not, then the day can fall to this lynch, but it's really more of a getting it out of the way thing.
Marcrell
Marcrell
Goon
Marcrell
Goon
Goon

Post Post #277 (isolation #15) » Sun Mar 29, 2015 2:55 am

Post by Marcrell »

In post 275, BlueBloodedToffee wrote:
In post 268, Marcrell wrote:I'm going to say that Randommidget should probably be lynched at some point before it gets lylo or something because then he's a giant liability. However, these things aren't often scum tells. Being barely off from flaking and completely useless isn't a scum tell, and so if you have any scum reads or something I'd suggest trying to vote them instead. If not, then the day can fall to this lynch, but it's really more of a getting it out of the way thing.

Obvious filler is obvious. There is no reason to say this at this point in the game.

I'm giving my opinion on Randommidget. I don't scumread him, but he's a lynch candidate if we don't have any good scumreads. That's not filler. maybe not a giant post, but I'm not just spewing from my ass here.
In post 274, Reubus Swagrid wrote:
@Marcell
you didn't bring Otolia to L-2, which to me means one of two things- A) You've got stronger scumreads. B) You don't want him lynched. Judging by your posts after your unvote, scenario A looks a lot less likely. Do you read him town? If so why?

Town? I wouldn't say that after I said I'd lean scum on him in the post. I'm not totally convinced on his lynch yet.

In fact I'm starting to feel a Blue lynch might be decent.
Marcrell
Marcrell
Goon
Marcrell
Goon
Goon

Post Post #290 (isolation #16) » Sun Mar 29, 2015 5:22 am

Post by Marcrell »

Have to be fucking kidding me, connection went out right when I submitted the post. Anyways.
DarkLightA wrote:
In post 277, Marcrell wrote:In fact I'm starting to feel a Blue lynch might be decent.

Why? You haven't said much about him.

Some of the things he's said don't make sense to me. Maybe it's just me, but they give me a scummier vibe.
BlueBloodedToffee wrote:
In post 277, Marcrell wrote:
I'm giving my opinion on Randommidget. I don't scumread him, but he's a lynch candidate if we don't have any good scumreads. That's not filler. maybe not a giant post, but I'm not just spewing from my ass here.

The timing of it makes it filler. There is no need to be discussing PLs right now when there is plenty of scummy behaviour in this thread. Although, if you're scum, I'm guessing a PL is the best you can hope for right now.

In post 277, Marcrell wrote:In fact I'm starting to feel a Blue lynch might be decent.

Please do this. Please.

Marcrell, thoughts on Reubus?

From reading his ISO, I'm getting a town lean, though this post:
DarkLightA wrote:
Spoiler: RS post
In post 274, Reubus Swagrid wrote:Sorry guys was very busy this weekend, let's get back into it.

Fist of all I've read over the Otolia wagon again and I just don't buy it. There's nothing at the moment that makes me believe he will flip scum. The RM wagon is more viable than the Otolia wagon as I see it but both of the wagons don't seem reasonable enough for me to place a vote yet.

@RM
can you explain your play-style to us and why it works?

@mnemonicdevice

In post 269, mnemonicdevice wrote:I agree with the logic here, but from past games I have played with RM he does start picking up after day one. I'm going to just leave him be, he should be evident enough to read by day 3, if not even by late day 2.

Considering this post:

In post 255, LlamaFluff wrote:
In post 248, Alchemist21 wrote:They're not scummy posts coming from RM. It may be all null, but a policy lynch here really isn't going to do anything but give scum an easy wagon to push.

What part is null?

The part where a third of his posts are concerned about CKD and the whole policy lynch thing?
The sheep vote on collatz?
The vote on otolia for what is at best a vote for a null tell?

Even if we are going to go "oh well he always lurks so lets ignore him" those are still legitimate tells. Plus is he normally this non-game related? In almost a week he has made maybe three posts that can be called game related.

Out of curiosity... for those ignoring RM are you just essentially saying "well if he is scum I am willing to just give him a free pass?" Maybe I don't have enough experience around RM, but I don't really think he is a juggernaut as town starting D2 that would justify giving him a free pass. What if he is scum? We just let him have next to no interactions and are cool with it or something?

Would you still advocate not lynching RM?

And what are your thoughts on Otolia? You haven't moved your vote from RVS or justified leaving your vote there nor have you actually read anyone.

@RC
so who are your current scumreads?

I'm leaning town on RC, the analysis he's providing seems pretty sound to me, not much more I can elaborate

@Marcell
you didn't bring Otolia to L-2, which to me means one of two things- A) You've got stronger scumreads. B) You don't want him lynched. Judging by your posts after your unvote, scenario A looks a lot less likely. Do you read him town? If so why?

Town-reading LlamaFluff for his convincing ISO and his move to mass-claim in #204, both of which point towards him being town.

This is one of those posts that looks good on the surface, but says very little. A lot of questions, not many statements or arguments. Especially the addressing of Marcrell looks odd to me. I really don't understand what he's saying here... Marcrell quite clearly stated that he doesn't want an immediate lynch. He's afraid of a speedlynch and that's completely reasonable. Don't you think so?

is right on the money for his problems. There's questions, but I can't find much behind them.
Marcrell
Marcrell
Goon
Marcrell
Goon
Goon

Post Post #365 (isolation #17) » Tue Mar 31, 2015 9:46 am

Post by Marcrell »

In post 292, BlueBloodedToffee wrote:
In post 290, Marcrell wrote:
Some of the things he's said don't make sense to me. Maybe it's just me, but they give me a scummier vibe.

I'm assuming you can provide examples of this?

So your overall read on Reubus is leaning town, correct?

Correct.

Earlier I've pointed out where you called out Otolia for his conclusion. I think there was another thing too.

@mod V/LA until Monday. Vacation to DC.

Busy, may be as available or unavailable as it allows.
Marcrell
Marcrell
Goon
Marcrell
Goon
Goon

Post Post #538 (isolation #18) » Wed Apr 08, 2015 3:14 pm

Post by Marcrell »

Okay guys, I'm back. Was busy Monday, meant to come back last noght but problems. I see Red is still deadest on my lynch. Otolia said he was waiting on me but I'm not sure for what.

From what I can currently absorb I like Ckd's 529.

Couple people have pointed out mnemonic. Find criticism. Don't see why it had to be said twice. Eh, maybe formatting was confusing or something in alch's post.
Marcrell
Marcrell
Goon
Marcrell
Goon
Goon

Post Post #541 (isolation #19) » Wed Apr 08, 2015 3:51 pm

Post by Marcrell »

Fairly sure Llama is dead Mr. Mod.
Known to fly off the handle misreading.
Marcrell
Marcrell
Goon
Marcrell
Goon
Goon

Post Post #611 (isolation #20) » Fri Apr 10, 2015 1:25 am

Post by Marcrell »

My post about mnemonic actually was not specifically about him. I did say what other people said was right-but them I asked why the same exact thing had to be restated by someone else.

Now that you mention it I can't really mark out much town from mnemonic.
VOTE: mnemonicdevice
In post 564, BlueBloodedToffee wrote:
- Otolia really trying to deflect away from Marcrell here. If Otolia is scum, Marcrell is very likely scum as well.

I'm going to have to disagree because I'm town and can't confirm Otolia's alignment, and I've seen scum in the same situation do similar to get a mislynch.

More and more I see CKD post I'm feeling more town on him.

I'm still conflicted on Otolia. I could see him flipping either way.
Marcrell
Marcrell
Goon
Marcrell
Goon
Goon

Post Post #672 (isolation #21) » Fri Apr 10, 2015 3:21 pm

Post by Marcrell »

When I came back I asked if anyone had any questions to restate them because I missed so much.
So I would answer your questions if I knew them. Unless you mean my views, which are coming out.
It seems any activity I'm going to do is going to be pulled out and construed as scum. Townread somebody? I'm scum. Vote somebody? I'm scum. I was rushed for my last post though.
RC is just really bothering me this game, I don't think I could give an accurate read on him.

As for thoughts on BBT... I want to read him town. His recent sudden change after being so sure on the lynch seems like at least one's an act, if not both. He seemed positive, but then dropped off the wagon.
Marcrell
Marcrell
Goon
Marcrell
Goon
Goon

Post Post #673 (isolation #22) » Sat Apr 11, 2015 4:11 pm

Post by Marcrell »

Did everybody die or something happened I'm not aware of or....
Marcrell
Marcrell
Goon
Marcrell
Goon
Goon

Post Post #770 (isolation #23) » Tue Apr 14, 2015 1:17 am

Post by Marcrell »

Randommidget never did state why Marcrell is town switched to voting me. Chexk that outZ

We waiting for a claim from me? I am el médico. Protected Alch last night. Go ahead. Make it so the mafia doesn't even have to bother killing me.
Marcrell
Marcrell
Goon
Marcrell
Goon
Goon

Post Post #774 (isolation #24) » Tue Apr 14, 2015 2:53 am

Post by Marcrell »

In post 771, DarkLightA wrote:Any reason for not protecting the IC?

Because he's the logical choice. Scum might not kill him, becayse they'll expect doc protectection. Like not protecting a cop when scum knows there's a doc, I made a bet.
Marcrell
Marcrell
Goon
Marcrell
Goon
Goon

Post Post #778 (isolation #25) » Tue Apr 14, 2015 3:58 am

Post by Marcrell »

In post 775, DarkLightA wrote:Would you mind giving us a reads list?

I'll try when I get home. Depends on time.
In post 777, Lucky2u wrote:hammer hammer hammer!

BBT jumped off wagon. Am currently L-2. Hammer not yet possible.
Marcrell
Marcrell
Goon
Marcrell
Goon
Goon

Post Post #780 (isolation #26) » Tue Apr 14, 2015 4:16 am

Post by Marcrell »

You weren't a scum read. You could have died. Hence, picked you.
Marcrell
Marcrell
Goon
Marcrell
Goon
Goon

Post Post #782 (isolation #27) » Tue Apr 14, 2015 4:20 am

Post by Marcrell »

There were. I'm not a psychic.
Marcrell
Marcrell
Goon
Marcrell
Goon
Goon

Post Post #784 (isolation #28) » Tue Apr 14, 2015 4:32 am

Post by Marcrell »

They all wanted me to claim. Like this wasn't going to happen anyways.

Aloha snackbar.
Marcrell
Marcrell
Goon
Marcrell
Goon
Goon

Post Post #945 (isolation #29) » Tue Apr 21, 2015 4:06 pm

Post by Marcrell »

I am both horrid at mafia and not that active.
/prein I must share my gifts with the world

Return to “Completed Open Games”