Mini Normal 1460 - Normalville Mafia (GAME OVER)

Red Dragon
Red Dragon
Goon
Red Dragon
Goon
Goon

Post Post #13 (isolation #0) » Wed Jun 12, 2013 1:53 am

Post by Red Dragon »

In post 11, Slandaar wrote:
What is your favourite alignment and why?
What is your favourite role and why?
Unaligned/neutral. I don't like to be bouond to any specific path. I also like to play self centered characters. Favorite role is a cleric becuase I like to be helpful...

asking stupid questions:
vote: slandarr
Red Dragon
Red Dragon
Goon
Red Dragon
Goon
Goon

Post Post #36 (isolation #1) » Wed Jun 12, 2013 12:03 pm

Post by Red Dragon »

In post 15, Slandaar wrote:
In post 13, Red Dragon wrote:[
asking stupid questions:
My questions have a point to them being that favourite alignment and to a lesser extent role can give insight into how engaged with the game you should expect that person to be if they are town (and if they are scum).

Anyways, my friend, you seem an intelligent guy who understands RVS and RQS so can you explain why my questions are worse than those random votes that achieved nothing?
Random votes start wagons and get reactions from those under pressure, sets up association, sparks discussion about the game. Banter doesn't do any of that.
In post 19, PeregrineV wrote:
Vote: Future

Pretty sure it's not all it's cracked up to be.

But seriously now, since it's out there,

Vote: Slandaar

82% of the time when questions are asked as part of the opening posts they are posted by scum.
Not sure if he is scum. I just voted him to start things off. also, nice double voter role there.
In post 34, Grimgroove wrote: I'll have an early guess as well: Slandaar and Future in a scumteam.
I can somewhat agree. It does seem odd to defend him so early. I'm the type of guy who thinks that people should defend themselves instead of having meat shields do it for them. With that said though, it is still early, and way too early for association tells.
Red Dragon
Red Dragon
Goon
Red Dragon
Goon
Goon

Post Post #46 (isolation #2) » Wed Jun 12, 2013 4:15 pm

Post by Red Dragon »

that epic mafia logic.
Red Dragon
Red Dragon
Goon
Red Dragon
Goon
Goon

Post Post #60 (isolation #3) » Thu Jun 13, 2013 1:00 am

Post by Red Dragon »

In post 50, Slandaar wrote: Nice bland explanation when we are talking about the votes in this game.

What pressure and reactions are you going to achieve when everyone knows the votes are random?

The point of RVS is to escalate discussion RQS does the same thing. Afterall my questions clearly sparked discussion and got reactions.

So, what useful information did you get from the random votes in this thread?
easy, look how bp is squirming. You don't get that from asking, "what uis your favorite role" Why? Because that question can simply be answered: "town, doc"

more later but:
vote: bp
Red Dragon
Red Dragon
Goon
Red Dragon
Goon
Goon

Post Post #66 (isolation #4) » Thu Jun 13, 2013 6:21 am

Post by Red Dragon »

In post 54, Grimgroove wrote:How does having an even number of players make us lose a lynch-opportunity? I don't get it.
Because we get to lylo 1 day quicker. You can write out the two scenarios on a piece of paper like this:

Without lynch:
n1: 13
d2: 12 lynch
n2: 11
d3: 10 lynch
n3: 9
d4: 9 lynch
n5: 7
d6: lylo
with:
d1: 13 lynch
n1: 12
d2: 11 lynch
n3: 10
d3: 9 lynch
n4: 8
d4: 7 lynch
n5: 6

we gain a lynch by doing it d1.
In post 55, Slandaar wrote:Both scenarios; 3 scum no scum lynches Bolded show mislynches.
Lynch D1;
13->
->
->
-> scum win

mislynched 3 times lost on 4th

Nolynch D1;
13->12->
->
->scum win
(you can nolynch a 2nd time here with no detrimental effect)

mislynched twice lost on 3rd.

This is very basic theory.
and the ninja... But I agree we have ot lynch someone today. Anyone who says otherwise is anti-town.
In post 56, BP wrote:
to analyze the info from the N1 kill choice than to rather lynch randomly on Day 1. Cuz that's what we'll be doing,
Fatal assumption. We do not lynch off of random. You are assuming that talking is meaningless. Your assumption is that the only thing that matters are votes and night actions. That is simply not the case... So here is the question: Do scum tells, in any way, exist?
In post 56, BP wrote: L1 is most often a mislynch that leads nowhere, because scummies will know how to cover it up by killing off the right player.
Fatal assumption number 2: Mislynches give us nothing. Do association tells mean anything? Does decreasing the lynch pool and thus GAINING a chance mean anything?
In post 56, BP wrote: This is how things mostly went off-site.
Epic mafia tard confirmed.
In post 57, BP wrote:What is, is I WOULD like to know the other player's response to these questions that arose. Yes?
you are ignorant of basic mafia theory.
In post 61, thegooner wrote:
In post 59, Grimgroove wrote:I personally think daytime activity (votes, posts, hammers, ...) are much easier to analyse than night kill-decisions.
I disagree wholeheartedly. During the night, the mafia have to act together. They choose as a team which player's interactions get analyzed. If someone is fingering the entire mafia team, they may leave them alive over the player that has fingered all civs to try and get mislynches. They may do the opposite for supreme WIFOM. During the day, mafia can deliberately not interact or choose to interact in certain ways to deceive. If a mafia gets pegged, then they can dig to keep suspicion away from any teammates.
In a 100% ideal world I would agree with this. If, theoretically, the mafia played perfectly this would be 100% true. Unfortunately that is not the case. However, you are assuming that scum never make mistakes and that scum won't counter claim or try to deceive us with fake night actions. You underestimate the wifom that the scum can put on us with their night actions... pleased don't tell me you are an em tard too.
In post 63, BP wrote:
Plus, if you don't lynch Day 1, what will be analyzed is why mafia killed that specific type of player, and what types of players would target those ones.
and we can do that d2 with two flips. We can even do it better because we have a basis for figuring out who would kill x with the flip.

I think bp is scum because I find it very, very hard to believe that a town player, when shown with mathematical facts, would ever decided to play sub optimally. Deciding not to lynch d1 is certainly something that scum would want to do. A town player would not want to take away a lynch opportunity, and thus it can be concluded that BP is not playing with the town in mind. I do not know if BP is scum, but I know for a fact he is NOT town. Actually his play would make a lot of sense from an sk perspective...
Red Dragon
Red Dragon
Goon
Red Dragon
Goon
Goon

Post Post #67 (isolation #5) » Thu Jun 13, 2013 6:22 am

Post by Red Dragon »

yeah, I know I contradicted my self in the last paragraph, but the word "scum" has been so engrained that it is hard not to use it when talking about not towns.
Red Dragon
Red Dragon
Goon
Red Dragon
Goon
Goon

Post Post #83 (isolation #6) » Thu Jun 13, 2013 12:04 pm

Post by Red Dragon »

In post 81, thegooner wrote: And if scum make mistakes, then it doesn't matter if we lynch or not. If a scum becomes obvious, then of course we lynch them. I'm saying that a no lynch on the first day is not a pro-town proposition.
So 3 lycnhes are better than 4. Okay. zzgooder, you and bb can go sit in a corner while adults talk.

warning I may be either high or drunk righ tnow so tkae it with sme salt.
Red Dragon
Red Dragon
Goon
Red Dragon
Goon
Goon

Post Post #94 (isolation #7) » Fri Jun 14, 2013 1:25 am

Post by Red Dragon »

[quote="In post 70, Future"e town.

Another thing scum love to do is go after easy lynches, especially with new(ish) players like BP[/quote]
Over 1 year old, stop trying to chainsaw.
In post 78, BP wrote: My way of helping town, as I see it, is to prevent a mislynch:
Does this rig any alarm bells for anyone else. This is exactly the type of thing that we hear fro scum trying to direct lynches and not scum hunt.
In post 81, thegooner wrote:[quote="In ts to analyze. If it was a WIFOM and the night kill was a decoy, then the next lynch/night kill should reveal that.

And if scum make mistakes, then it doesn't matter if we lynch or not. If a scum becomes obvious, then of course we lynch them. I'm saying that a no lynch on the first day is not a pro-town proposition.
Okay good, we are in agreement. I could quite make out what you were saying in your posts... But yes, if analyzing data points is your thing we gain a full known townie by lynching d1.
[quote="In post 84, BP"

One thing that just popped up while I was rereading the posts... Just because someone defends someone you think is scum doesn't make them scum as well. You read people too superficially, like "A is probably scum. If B protects A, then B is also scum!" This implies that your snap judgement is correct, and also that only scum will protect scum, as if a) other townies know who scum is or isn't, or b) townies wouldn't protect anyone they think are being attacked by flawed logic out of sheer fear of repercution, and only attack each other.

My FoS is on you man. You're my one and only so far.[/quote]
This guy is trying to cover for scum people that he will (or already has) protected this game. Yes defending someone who is on your scum list could lead one to believe that the defender is also scum because the scum do best if they are in three. SO association tells a re bassically meaningess to you, right? Also, scum hunt now please.
In post 87, Grimgroove wrote: I wasn't defending him, I was giving my view on the matter. A view that even according to BP was wrong, but I still stand by what I said: scum prefers to say what town likes to hear, and BP knows full well that No D1 lynch was Always, is Always and will Always be a topic of contention.
Which I agree with, except that by doing so he hurts the town more than playing scummy a mislynched. Lynching by pure random is better:
Original Roll String: 1d13
1 13-Sided Dice: (2) = 2

Lynching that guy works better than his plan. It doesn't make sense from a town perspective to propose such a plan.
Red Dragon
Red Dragon
Goon
Red Dragon
Goon
Goon

Post Post #97 (isolation #8) » Fri Jun 14, 2013 6:19 am

Post by Red Dragon »

In post 95, Slandaar wrote:Dragon you still have not enlightened me as to what the random votes in this game achieved.
you are seeing it right now.
Discussion. Gives you more than talking about what the weather is outside or what D&D PC you like to play.
Red Dragon
Red Dragon
Goon
Red Dragon
Goon
Goon

Post Post #98 (isolation #9) » Fri Jun 14, 2013 6:21 am

Post by Red Dragon »

In post 95, Slandaar wrote:Dragon you still have not enlightened me as to what the random votes in this game achieved.
I mean It isn't actually that much of a big deal to be completely honest. I voted you to start the game going, not because you are scum for your questions. I think my vote, and others, have produced a good amount of discussion. More than your silly little questions....

But if you really wish to drag out this theoretical point further instead of scum hunting, I'm game with that.
Red Dragon
Red Dragon
Goon
Red Dragon
Goon
Goon

Post Post #120 (isolation #10) » Sat Jun 15, 2013 9:48 am

Post by Red Dragon »

In post 99, Grimgroove wrote:Why would you be game with a discussion you call unproductive yourself?

Why have there been no comments on my case on Future?

Is this thing on?
I'm clearly not talking about the discussion generated by the rqs. You would agree that your case on futre is a product of discussion, no?

Because I think it is mearly okay at this stage. I'm personally happy with my vote right now.
In post 116, BP wrote:
In post 97, Red Dragon wrote:
you are seeing it right now.
Discussion. Gives you more than talking about what the weather is outside or what D&D PC you like to play.
Actually, my No-Lynch post created most of the discussion. RVS achieved nothing until then. Unless Future actually turns out to be scum.
actually it didn't. you came out calling fr a no lynch after some rvs votes came out. You're comments are exactly what rvs is made to brind out.

In post 118, Baezu wrote:Ok. I'm starting to agree with people on the future case. Still think BP is scummier so I'm keeping my vote on him for now. I would be willing to hammer future if it comes to that.

FoS future
I find it extremly odd to fos at this stage. I seems like you really want to stay supper non-commital so if the futrure wagon hapens to be town you don't look that badm. early foses just seem really wierd to me.

vla for computer issue. currently can only post from phone like right now... sorry in advcance.
Red Dragon
Red Dragon
Goon
Red Dragon
Goon
Goon

Post Post #126 (isolation #11) » Sat Jun 15, 2013 12:12 pm

Post by Red Dragon »

I'm not sure which is worse, his eagerness to lynch or your eagerness to not lynch.

but noone hammer on page 5 with no claim... that is just stupid
Red Dragon
Red Dragon
Goon
Red Dragon
Goon
Goon

Post Post #139 (isolation #12) » Sun Jun 16, 2013 1:53 am

Post by Red Dragon »

In post 127, Darthe wrote:Willing to vote/hammer. Waiting for claim and response.
Actually, this is really scummy. Hammering on page 5???? what the hell man? Are you out of your mind. I actually agree with bp on this one.
Red Dragon
Red Dragon
Goon
Red Dragon
Goon
Goon

Post Post #163 (isolation #13) » Sun Jun 16, 2013 2:03 pm

Post by Red Dragon »

In post 143, Baezu wrote:@Elyse I just feel like scum will want to nk me because I've been causing a lot of ripples in the water and making accusations.
If you are wrong they will keep you around. Controversy can be a good distraction.
In post 144, Ztife wrote:catching up in progress.
Are you in every normal? :giggle:
In post 162, BP wrote: 5. Quite frankly, everything. My NL vote got loads of reactions and kinda got the game going, I think. Plus, Grimgroove's post on Future is quite the case, and Darthe's lurking is also something that worries me. But if you think that between page 2 and 7 nothing deserved of a change has happened, well then... give the thread another read.
This sounds exactly like the sort of thing scum would say. "I was wrong and was trying to pull a fast one early, but it got reactions guys!!!! Also, please don't lynch me."
Red Dragon
Red Dragon
Goon
Red Dragon
Goon
Goon

Post Post #173 (isolation #14) » Mon Jun 17, 2013 2:04 am

Post by Red Dragon »

In post 164, BP wrote:Post . Never did I say I voted NL for other reason other than I though that was the way to go.

Anywho. Off to bed. Day off tomorra. I sincerely hope that during the next day things will develop. Cheerio!
not talking about post 49. I'm talking about the post I quoted.
In post 168, Grimgroove wrote:
In post 166, Darthe wrote:[

@Red Dragon
"Pulling a fast one"? Explain.
I don't understand the question.
In post 166, Darthe wrote: The two are in direct conflict and it looks like a backing of BP, not to mention basically the same logic.
Cool story, but I'm voting him.
In post 170, Ztife wrote:
D1 lynches might not exactly be ground breaking, but as per discussion it is more beneficial for town to lynch. Therefore its more beneficial for scum to suggest NL. Another key idea why BP is scummy is because of his inconsistency in his idea.
He basically "changed sides" because the side he was on makes him look bad, which is what scums fear.
*nods* all of a sudden he is okay with voting and everything. This is the "pulling a fast one" I was referring to (f that is the correct interpretation of the question).
In post 171, Grimgroove wrote: In this case numberfour defended a no lynch on Day 1 and was town.
And he deserved to die for being anti-town. But this really comes up to opinion. I'm down with lynching village idiots, are you?
In post 172, Grimgroove wrote:
Again: when talking about No Lynching: it's not obscure. It's a stance that has certain arguments going for it that are convincing enough for some people, and not for others. It is not alignment indicative.
Here is the deal that I don't think you understand. NL day 1 is a horrible idea for reasons already explained (we lose a lynch, flip, chance at hitting scum, etc.). If the town nl d1 it puts the scum at a significant advantage over the town, thus it would be a good idea if scum could a achieve a no lynch d1. It makes prefect sense for scum to advocate for a nl d1 because it helps them out. So yes arguing for a no lynch is scummy, or at the very least not town.
Red Dragon
Red Dragon
Goon
Red Dragon
Goon
Goon

Post Post #174 (isolation #15) » Mon Jun 17, 2013 2:04 am

Post by Red Dragon »

goddamn quote tags.
Red Dragon
Red Dragon
Goon
Red Dragon
Goon
Goon

Post Post #178 (isolation #16) » Mon Jun 17, 2013 4:42 am

Post by Red Dragon »

In post 176, Grimgroove wrote:
In post 173, Red Dragon wrote:
In post 171, Grimgroove wrote: In this case numberfour defended a no lynch on Day 1 and was town.
And he deserved to die for being anti-town. But this really comes up to opinion. I'm down with lynching village idiots, are you?
Only when there are no better options.
Also, numberfour didn't die in that topic, nobody did. It got cancelled before anyone got the chance to lynch/kill anyone.
Also, what makes someone a Village Idiot? Dio you feel BP deserves this title simply for his stance on No Lynch? What would you think if someone said that if someone is unable to use straightforward quote-tags properly, he'll probably also be unable to do something as complex as finding scum?
In post 172, Grimgroove wrote: Here is the deal that I don't think you understand. NL day 1 is a horrible idea for reasons already explained (we lose a lynch, flip, chance at hitting scum, etc.). If the town nl d1 it puts the scum at a significant advantage over the town, thus it would be a good idea if scum could a achieve a no lynch d1. It makes prefect sense for scum to advocate for a nl d1 because it helps them out. So yes arguing for a no lynch is scummy, or at the very least not town.
We're going in circles. Please read what I said, I understand the theory perfectly fine, thank you.
ohh you didn't understand the expression. It means that he was trying to sneak something under our noses. Meaning he was trying to get a no lynch without us giving much thought to it. He tried to do it fast, thus tried to pull a fast one.
In post 177, Slandaar wrote: Note to Red: No lynch is completely experience related not alignment related on D1.
Not necessarily.
Red Dragon
Red Dragon
Goon
Red Dragon
Goon
Goon

Post Post #181 (isolation #17) » Mon Jun 17, 2013 10:05 am

Post by Red Dragon »

In post 179, Darthe wrote: Technically the best times to no lynch are day 1 or lylo (or is it mylo, I always confuse those) and the worst time is mid game.

The points you made against no lynching aren't wrong Dragon, they just are general faults in no lynch and not specific to day one. The real disadvantage to a no lynch day one is that no info is available at the time, so it can seem to be a crapshoot. However, if the game starts at night or you happen to have multiple investigative PR's or an open setup etc, it can be a very safe and effective way to run early game.
What? So because it isn't the worst time we should do it now even though it is still bad? what? This is not epic mafia. The game does not start at night. So so stop talking about stuff that doesn't happen.
Red Dragon
Red Dragon
Goon
Red Dragon
Goon
Goon

Post Post #203 (isolation #18) » Tue Jun 18, 2013 5:39 am

Post by Red Dragon »

I agree with ztife it is a very bipolar stance to take. I don't want a lynch but I'm going to vote him. This reads to me as trying to setup a way out if future flips town, "if only you had waited he would have proved he was town."
Red Dragon
Red Dragon
Goon
Red Dragon
Goon
Goon

Post Post #211 (isolation #19) » Tue Jun 18, 2013 6:53 am

Post by Red Dragon »

In post 204, Grimgroove wrote:What is your read on Future, Red Dragon
And what about you Ztife? How do you feel about the wagon behind his name and the people on it?
I mean, he isn't the worst d1 lynch. But I think bp is miles better.
In post 206, PeregrineV wrote:
In post 161, Ztife wrote:@PeregrineV's 109
How does BP looks town to you?
Scum doesn't argue for No lynches, because they want to mislynch instead.
Incorrect. No lynch is better than a mis-lynch for scum.
Red Dragon
Red Dragon
Goon
Red Dragon
Goon
Goon

Post Post #217 (isolation #20) » Tue Jun 18, 2013 11:49 am

Post by Red Dragon »

In post 212, BP wrote:
In post 211, Red Dragon wrote:
In post 204, Grimgroove wrote:What is your read on Future, Red Dragon
And what about you Ztife? How do you feel about the wagon behind his name and the people on it?
I mean, he isn't the worst d1 lynch. But I think bp is miles better.
Y U focus on me so much?
"WHY ME???????" Because you are scum and no one seems to have taken note of it yet.
Red Dragon
Red Dragon
Goon
Red Dragon
Goon
Goon

Post Post #224 (isolation #21) » Tue Jun 18, 2013 2:52 pm

Post by Red Dragon »

In post 219, BP wrote:
In post 217, Red Dragon wrote:
In post 212, BP wrote: Y U focus on me so much?
"WHY ME???????" Because you are scum and no one seems to have taken note of it yet.
I'm serious tho. That's not it at all. Other than the No Lynch, which for you is apparently inherently equal to scum, what else tells you I'm scum?
If you read my posts you would know.
Red Dragon
Red Dragon
Goon
Red Dragon
Goon
Goon

Post Post #239 (isolation #22) » Wed Jun 19, 2013 6:38 am

Post by Red Dragon »

In post 228, BP wrote:
Are you protecting Future?
Ahhh I see where you are taking it. You want to set me up for a chain saw. Well, if you think by not attacking the person you are attacking = protection then I am. I'm disinterested by the future wagon, that is my official stance.
In post 229, BP wrote: If you think NL is bad and give me a lesson about it, how is changing to a voting stance (which is not the same to a lynching stance) scummy as well?
You are a stick in the wind that will change direction to look town.
In post 233, BP wrote:Well, in that case...
Unvote
??? This type of stuff irks me about you. IT doesn't make sense.
YOu want him lynched, but you don't want it tis early, but you want a no lynch, but you want to catch scum... it is just off.
Red Dragon
Red Dragon
Goon
Red Dragon
Goon
Goon

Post Post #272 (isolation #23) » Thu Jun 20, 2013 2:21 am

Post by Red Dragon »

In post 244, Elyse wrote:
In post 211, Red Dragon wrote:
In post 206, PeregrineV wrote:
In post 161, Ztife wrote:@PeregrineV's 109
How does BP looks town to you?
Scum doesn't argue for No lynches, because they want to mislynch instead.
Incorrect. No lynch is better than a mis-lynch for scum.
How so?
So you have basically not read anything of this game. We have been over why no lynching d1 is bad at least 10 times.
In post 244, Elyse wrote: @RedDragon
What is your read on future? And why?
Are you reading the right game? I just made a post about it. The post above was about it. Jesus Christ, read the game before you post.
In post 259, Baezu wrote:Let's just hammer him and see instead of all this WIFOM. And if I survive the nk we can talk about who's actually scummy tomorrow.
Yeah, because scum would totally kill someone who has moderate suspicion on them... But I agree. If he was a PR he would have claimed it by now to save his skin. Claiming is over rated. If you think he is scum, lynch him.
In post 271, Slandaar wrote:Its annoying but, yes, best course of action is wait for Future to post or him
to be replaced
If future flips scum I'm going after you.
Red Dragon
Red Dragon
Goon
Red Dragon
Goon
Goon

Post Post #275 (isolation #24) » Thu Jun 20, 2013 6:21 am

Post by Red Dragon »

In post 273, Slandaar wrote:That doesn't make any sense.
Well you are basically proposing, "let's let him get replaced and let the replacement catch up and decide that he is town so that we don't lynch my scum bud." That's the vibe I get from your post. It may be incorrect, but that is for the flip to happen.
Grimgroove wrote:
In post 239, Red Dragon wrote: I'm disinterested by the future wagon, that is my official stance.
What makes the wagon uninteresting for you?
I don't really find him that scummy. The wagon just feels manufactured and stale. I'm not saying the he couldn't be scum or that he is town, I just have a null read on him and I don't see much coming off the wagon information wise.
Red Dragon
Red Dragon
Goon
Red Dragon
Goon
Goon

Post Post #286 (isolation #25) » Thu Jun 20, 2013 1:37 pm

Post by Red Dragon »

In post 276, PeregrineV wrote:
In post 275, Red Dragon wrote:I'm not saying the he couldn't be scum or that he is town, I just have a null read on him and I don't see much coming off the wagon information wise.
If you can meta yourself for a minute, how many times have you read a player as "null" and they ended up flipping scum?
No idea and don't give a shit about meta.
In post 284, SunnyDays wrote:Claim what? I just have to finish reading through some stuff for my job first
And here is starts.
Red Dragon
Red Dragon
Goon
Red Dragon
Goon
Goon

Post Post #305 (isolation #26) » Fri Jun 21, 2013 1:03 am

Post by Red Dragon »

In post 287, SunnyDays wrote:I think it may be harmful to the game to say what my role is, but I think it would be even more harmful to risk getting another vote.

When I first joined I got a message from ac1983 fan saying that I am a townsperson but that came into the game with powers. I wasn't told what the powers are, but I imagine there are some clues somewhere in the thread. I'm going to try to read through as quickly as possible so that I can let you know if I find anything, but can someone please take their vote off of me!
This is sorta bullshit and you deserve to get lynched for it.
vote: sunny days
In post 300, Grimgroove wrote:UNVOTE:

I think I see what happened here. SunnyDays simply misread his role-pm.
Nothing as honest as a mistake. SunnyDays is town and I was wrong about Future.
My prediction = 100% accurate.

So now, let's look at what happened:
Guy gets run up to l-1
Guy flakes under the pressure.
Replacement comes in and makes an unfeasible claim.
This is a normal,
his role is bullshit.
Ohh jesus, he misread his role pm must be town.

NO. NO. you are not going to drop this wagon. NO. Leaves too many loose ends and wifom.
Red Dragon
Red Dragon
Goon
Red Dragon
Goon
Goon

Post Post #310 (isolation #27) » Fri Jun 21, 2013 4:30 am

Post by Red Dragon »

In post 306, Slandaar wrote:That wagon is dead Red Dragon. If you are town you better shape up quickly.

Also; You kind of avoided my question, I say wait for replacement you say lolscum with Future! So, what was your preferred option? Hammer him without a claim? This is the only logical alternative... he was at L-1 so why didn't you?
Yeah, I want a hammer without a claim. I would be happy with that actually. Claiming is over rated anyway d1. In retrospect I hsould have hammered him. But I didn't have the presence of mid to. And exactly, this wagon is dead for no reason except, "okay, replacement seems town enough so..., ummm, yeah, it atones for everything the other guy did." reeks of a way for scum to get out of a buss.
In post 307, Grimgroove wrote:Red Dragon: look at the VT-Role PM (check the mod-post if you have to). The way it's worded there, I can see how SunnyDays comes to such a strange conclusion about his role. He's a newbie who simply misunderstood.
so he is town for the rest of the game based off of this.
Red Dragon
Red Dragon
Goon
Red Dragon
Goon
Goon

Post Post #329 (isolation #28) » Mon Jun 24, 2013 2:21 am

Post by Red Dragon »

*yawn*... nothing happening here.

I still love how we are basing someone one's townieness by basically just saying that they are a vt. It seems to fucking stupid.
Red Dragon
Red Dragon
Goon
Red Dragon
Goon
Goon

Post Post #340 (isolation #29) » Tue Jun 25, 2013 1:39 am

Post by Red Dragon »

In post 333, Baezu wrote:
In post 332, Nachomamma8 wrote:
In post 305, Red Dragon wrote:Replacement comes in and makes an unfeasible claim. This is a normal, his role is bullshit.
Ohh jesus, he misread his role pm must be town.
With the vanilla role PM in mind, do you really, really think that he was trying to claim "vanilla at the moment but I might have hidden powers I can find in thread"? Because if you do, you're probably scum that feels cheated out of your delicious mislynch.
I agree with nacho here, definitely thinking gooner/dragon scumteam.
I'm perfectly happy to get lynched over this actually. I am taking a theoretical stand and I am more than happy to die for it due to meta reason. You should never let a replacement come in and then "convince" you that he is town by saying a few words. I do not care the circumstances if he was scummy before he is just as scummy now. TO not lynch him probably indicates busing scum getting off.

So yeah, if you me to claim, I'm cool wth that.
Red Dragon
Red Dragon
Goon
Red Dragon
Goon
Goon

Post Post #369 (isolation #30) » Tue Jun 25, 2013 12:14 pm

Post by Red Dragon »

In post 342, Baezu wrote:Dragon, your last few posts :igmeou:
fucking lynch me. ohh and also, scum are on my wagon. Look at the quick hops.
In post 345, Elyse wrote:I think RedDragon is bluffing or something.

He says that he's willing to be lynched, but then asks if we want him to claim? What's that about? If you want to be lynched, what's the point of claiming and possibly stalling your lynch?
fine
vote: reddragon

There is literally no bluff.
In post 347, Baezu wrote:
In post 346, ac1983fan wrote:
BP and thegooner have not posted since the site came back up. I will begin looking for replacements for the both shortly.
I feel good about my gooner vote! :wink:
yeah, and this is not hypocritical in any way at all.
Red Dragon
Red Dragon
Goon
Red Dragon
Goon
Goon

Post Post #397 (isolation #31) » Wed Jun 26, 2013 1:42 am

Post by Red Dragon »

In post 370, Elyse wrote:So you are taking a stand and wanting to lynch yourself because you think that SunnyDays (Future) is scum for replacing in and dropping a towntell, even though you didn't want to lynch him when his wagon was actually popular.

Hm. It's not going to work, so either shape up or commit suicide for no reason because no one will listen to you when you're dead either.
At I time like this where attacking me will gain you nothing you still misrepresent my stance. XYZ person flaking = scummy, future replacing out = let's wait. Never let a slot off the hook due to a replacement at l1. Never. That is what this is about.
In post 373, Nachopappa wrote: Red Dragon - come on dude, remove that vote.
No, I won't. When I die and flip town I think that the town will have enough information from he drops on the future wagon to the horrible hops onto mine that we will be able to win the game. Lynching me now confirms a lot.
In post 375, Darthe wrote: Red Dragon can die in a fire. I hate self votes.
Yeah, this would be a good place to start tomorrow. He is basically saying lynch this guy 'cause I hate what he is doing. I'm not being scummy, he just hates it. There is literally, and I use that word in its literal sense, no case on me at all. Watch for people who hop on for silly and unfounded reasons, they are probably scum.
In post 382, Grimgroove wrote: Scum is definitely on that train
don't forget this.
In post 389, chernobylcitybus wrote: Self-voting is scummy.
Why is t indicative if scum alignment. I would think that the exact opposite would be true.
In post 391, chernobylcitybus wrote:Scum motivation is to make him seem like he doesn't care about self-preservation. There is no town motivation in voting yourself if you know you are town, either.

In my personal (albeit limited) experience, the scum to town ratio of self votes is 5 or 4: 1. Scum self-vote much more often that town, imo.
here is the flaw in your reasoning. I don't give a shit. I don't care if I'm lynched or not. This is not some, let the pressure get off and I vote someone else game, no this is literally: I think we should lynch myself today. Your point would be accurate if I was trying to actually trying to not get lynched, but in reality the exact opposite is true. I am actively trying to lynch myself.

btw this is a normal so no jesters are in the game.
In post 392, Slandaar wrote:The scum motivation is he is frustrated he lost his townlynch on Sunny and feels hard done by so is now throwing a hissy fit.
part of me would really like to see you dead tomorrow when I flip town. I'm extremely vindictive and seeing you lynched because you were 100% wrong and got on my wagon for bullshit reasons would make my death worth it alone. I'd love to see you swing for spouting this bullshit.

ninja edit, you are exactly correct. That is a 100% accurate representation of my feelings. Before the replacement I would not have lynched him, but after he flaked I think that we have to.
Red Dragon
Red Dragon
Goon
Red Dragon
Goon
Goon

Post Post #438 (isolation #32) » Thu Jun 27, 2013 1:57 am

Post by Red Dragon »

In post 414, Darthe wrote:
In post 386, Grimgroove wrote:
In post 375, Darthe wrote:
Red Dragon can die in a fire. I hate self votes.
If you don't like his vote on himself, why do you like your vote on him?
Others have pretty much said it for me, but the main thing here is that self voting tends to be an appeal to apathy or attempt at reverse psychology. The whole line of reasoning being: I wouldn't do this if I was scum because scum values their life more, because townie self votes are a sign of frustration with the game in general, because it is counter intuitive to help kill yourself where you desire life. It is a play off of Ocham's Razor and thus has been so commonly picked up on that where it was initially a town tell it is now a slight scum tell (in my eyes at least) because of how easily it can diffuse a situation.

I wouldn't give it a 5:1 ratio, but from what I have seen it is probably a 2:1 and combined with his play it works to what I already suspect.

Beyond that, the amusing way that he tried to twist it by saying that I am absolving myself with it was pitifully scummy because it shows disparity between his self vote and his interest in self preservation, thus revealing that he does not want to die at all. <--- This + Play + Attitude = Scum.

Further, town PR's never self vote. Never. Thus I guarantee that if we push him to L-2 or so we would get a big fake claim that is utter bull.

Bag em.
okay, cool. I'm scum for the self vote, I can see that. So will you offer to lynch yourself if I flip town? Meaning that if I do flip town will self vote and ride your own wagon. The reason I want to make this deal with you is ebcause I think you are exactly the type of wagon goer that could easily be scum. You hop on... wait a bit... and then justify your reasons with
generic
arguments that are not really applicable in this situation. Your hop seems opportunistic. Because I know I'm town, I have 100% full confidence in the proposition I am making.
In post 420, Nachopappa wrote:Oh my god, Nacho...

We all know you are capable of giving us some meaningful posts. Are you just going to play the bandwagon game on whomever you like??

Excuses I will not accept (among others):

"I've genuinely been busy"
"This game hasn't caught my interest yet" - hello, it's 17 pages here, my good sir
"It's coming soon/eventually"
"I haven't been scummy. (insert deflecting question back at me)"

All baloney.

NACHOLICIOUS <3 DON'T DO THIS TO ME NOW, YOU KNOW I LOVE YOU

unvote, vote: Nachomamma8

This vote is for eluding requests for content; you are content with "trolling" the town with these bandwagon votes at every pit stop we reach. Not gonna fly.

And hang on, I'm gonna look back at Elyse. Trying to see what you all are reporting. This game is like putting pieces of the puzzle together since I came in somewhat late into Day 1.
this person is town and makes good points. Listen to him d2.

In post 426, Nachomamma8 wrote:
In post 424, Nachopappa wrote:Saying too much and being too townie and getting NKed?? Or is it the opposite?? Come on <3 And since you're here individually and because I just REALLY like this game's posts/players in particular - it just really motivates me, only 500 popcorn has done this to me before.
shhhh
don't kill my vibe

i don't ever play the bandwagon game
i'm not playing the bandwagon game now
No, I think pappa has got a point here. You seem to drift between the top wagns for no explicable reason other than they are the flavor of the day wagons. You do not add much original work to the vase on the people that you vote for, so it does seem that you are in fact playing the bandwagon game here nacho.
In post 429, Darthe wrote:Nachos, what are your reads on one another and why?

Red Dragon seems to have gone off the radar when the heat turned up.
What the fuck are you talking about? Yeah, what are you talking about? I can't post for one day and I'm under the radar. Now you are inventing things and trying to derail the new counter wagon.
Red Dragon
Red Dragon
Goon
Red Dragon
Goon
Goon

Post Post #440 (isolation #33) » Thu Jun 27, 2013 3:52 am

Post by Red Dragon »

fine,
vote: nachomamma
Red Dragon
Red Dragon
Goon
Red Dragon
Goon
Goon

Post Post #454 (isolation #34) » Thu Jun 27, 2013 8:54 am

Post by Red Dragon »

In post 441, Elyse wrote: Glad to see you un-self vote but you can't possibly call anyone scum for being on your wagon opportunistically.
yes, yes I can.
Red Dragon
Red Dragon
Goon
Red Dragon
Goon
Goon

Post Post #487 (isolation #35) » Fri Jun 28, 2013 3:22 am

Post by Red Dragon »

In post 455, Elyse wrote:So when you ask to be lynched and people vote for you, that's opportunistic?

I'm sorry but I'm failing to grasp that concept.
goddamn it, you are going to make me quote a dictionary aren't you? Are you fucking serious here. You don't know what the word opportunistic means... I can't criticize everyone because some of the votes on me were not opportunistic.

Definition of OPPORTUNISTIC
: taking advantage of opportunities as they arise: as
a : exploiting opportunities with little regard to principle or consequences <a politician considered opportunistic>
b : feeding on whatever food is available <opportunistic feeders>

If they fit the above, then hell yes I can call them out. Some of them do. So kindly go back to 4th grade where people explain what words mean, thanks.
In post 470, Nachopappa wrote:Nacho, if you feel strongly that someone is scum, I'm just gonna sheep you.
And you were doing so well. I don't like it when people blindly follow others. It seems like an attempt to absolve one's self of responsibility.
In post 483, Grimgroove wrote:Almost forgot:

VOTE: Ztife
You mkae quite to compelling case for zitfe. Just a quick question, is elyse or nachomamma scum? Meaning is it highly unlikely, in your opinion, for them both to be of the same alignment?
In post 486, Darthe wrote: Truly, RD is laying low.
so, can I ignore this guy now? Because he is obviously not reading the same game as the rest of us.
Red Dragon
Red Dragon
Goon
Red Dragon
Goon
Goon

Post Post #528 (isolation #36) » Sat Jun 29, 2013 3:06 am

Post by Red Dragon »

In post 494, Elyse wrote: @RD
I know what opportunistic means, but thanks for the lesson. :roll: My point was that if you ask someone to vote for you, and they do, it's not opportunistic.
So there were totally no scum on my wagon. I think not.

At this point I'm actually not sure I see elyse scum. I would prefer nachomama, maybe darth, or even zitfe. But I don't get that scum ping from elyse, I think she is actually trying to catch scum, probably misguided, but I still see effort.
Red Dragon
Red Dragon
Goon
Red Dragon
Goon
Goon

Post Post #555 (isolation #37) » Sat Jun 29, 2013 9:57 am

Post by Red Dragon »

In post 529, Elyse wrote:I'm not saying there wasn't scum on your wagon, but how are you supposed to distinguish who's scum and who's not when you asked people to vote you?
That;'s called reading the game. You don't seem to understand what language is to be honest. You fail to realize that one can detect motive by the words that one uses. I think you have a fundamental disconnect...
In post 542, Grimgroove wrote:A lot of effort went in those walls. I think I spent an hour compiling that case on Ztife alone. If it gets called stupid and fluff by people who obviously didn't even bother to read it, then yes, I get angry, or at least annoyed.

I don't need a thicker skin, but I obviously need to spend far less time on this game given the consensus inhere that I need to tone it down.
Here is my issue with the elyse wagon. I think a lot of it stems from dislike of the player and not from actual scumminess. You are obviously quite frustrated with her, yet being dense doesn't make one scum. I find her unnecessarily thick, but not scummy.
In post 550, SunnyDays wrote:
In post 549, Elyse wrote:How is that a scumslip? Chernobyl asked me to promise I'm town. Am I going to say no?
Let me refine your wording to make this more obvious.

First you say "You can't call people town just because they say they are town"

Then you say "I am calling myself town so I am town"

There is NO way that you could believe both of those things at once, so you lied, and that means you're scum.
This is not a scum slip as much a a viciously circular argument. It means that elyse fails at logic, but being illogical does not necessitate that she is scum. Also, I like your lal stance, but on something as minor as this I don't feel it.
In post 551, Elyse wrote:I'm not saying that people have to believe I'm town by me saying I'm town. You are misrepping me like crazy.
like yeah, whatever. The most concerning thing is that you felt motivated to answer his question. Why do you have to swear that you are town? shouldn't your actions be enough to prove it? I mean, we could all do a circle jerk of telling each other that we are town, hell I'm up for a mass alignment claim if you want everyone to swear that they are town.
Red Dragon
Red Dragon
Goon
Red Dragon
Goon
Goon

Post Post #587 (isolation #38) » Mon Jul 01, 2013 3:34 am

Post by Red Dragon »

In post 560, Elyse wrote:That post was so over the top and I'm not an idiot. I got into this game late from being sick and I'm trying to grasp everything and the last thing I need is someone who wanted to be lynched a few pages ago calling me think, dense, a fail at logic, etc.
I have below average reading comprehension, anyone that know my main will tell you that. But at a certain point, one has to question if you even try. I'm sorry if I offended you, but we have to, at a certain point, discuss if your behavior comes from scum or a misguided Village Idiot. If you noticed I'm saying that you are not scum, instead you simply fail to grasp some basics... I have tried to explain to you what certain words mean, but you still don't seem to want to understand them.
In post 568, Elyse wrote:The only things I got pissy about were Slandaar's post (I was tired) and RD's post (way out of line). I certainly don't dish it out as harsh as RD just did. I never insult someone personally for no reason.
trust me, if it was personal you would have heard a lot more. I think my post is an accurate description of the situation at hand.

I get the case on zitfe, but right now I feel like nachomama is the right course of action.
Red Dragon
Red Dragon
Goon
Red Dragon
Goon
Goon

Post Post #649 (isolation #39) » Tue Jul 02, 2013 1:30 am

Post by Red Dragon »

In post 628, Darthe wrote:We are lynching RD scum. Beazu is not an option. Nacho, to use his term, is town as fuck and elyse is as well.

Also, Nachopop is getting annoying as shit. Caps.. really?
Well you are in the small minority here.

I don't like how nacho says he has game breaking powers, yet wants to hold off on them for a few days. It doesn't make sense from town. I also don't like how papa sheeps for meta reasons instead of reasoned logic. Does anyone else think that nachopapa's reaction seems contrived? Yeah, I think lynching nachomama is a good start for today.
Red Dragon
Red Dragon
Goon
Red Dragon
Goon
Goon

Post Post #660 (isolation #40) » Tue Jul 02, 2013 7:24 am

Post by Red Dragon »

In post 652, Nachopappa wrote:Yeah...

Sorry about that, guys...

Back to Nacho I go

Unvote: Baezu

Vote: Nachomamma
man, I'm really not liking your schizophrenic behavior right now.
In post 657, Grimgroove wrote: Is RD your only alternative scumread?
yes, he has on;y made points on me for the past 20 pages.
Red Dragon
Red Dragon
Goon
Red Dragon
Goon
Goon

Post Post #675 (isolation #41) » Wed Jul 03, 2013 9:37 am

Post by Red Dragon »

I don't like how this drath wagon is getting insta support right now. It seems like people were looking to hop. Some many vote hops in such a short time is fishy. I nmean, I agree that darthe isn't the most townie player, but it doesn't seem right.
Red Dragon
Red Dragon
Goon
Red Dragon
Goon
Goon

Post Post #676 (isolation #42) » Wed Jul 03, 2013 9:37 am

Post by Red Dragon »

some = so....
Red Dragon
Red Dragon
Goon
Red Dragon
Goon
Goon

Post Post #702 (isolation #43) » Thu Jul 04, 2013 4:38 pm

Post by Red Dragon »

In post 697, Nachopappa wrote:Um, Nacho

I'm gonna cry if you die

<3
why are you constantly on his dick all the time?
Red Dragon
Red Dragon
Goon
Red Dragon
Goon
Goon

Post Post #703 (isolation #44) » Thu Jul 04, 2013 4:39 pm

Post by Red Dragon »

Ahh I got a day and a half to change my vote, should be fine.
Red Dragon
Red Dragon
Goon
Red Dragon
Goon
Goon

Post Post #817 (isolation #45) » Tue Jul 09, 2013 2:02 am

Post by Red Dragon »

In post 765, Grimgroove wrote:
In post 683, PeregrineV wrote:IMO, town-Darthe is very clearly town.

Here, it hasn't happened yet.
This is my reason.
Peregrine claims he recognizes town-Darthe through meta.
Darthe was town.
Peregrine didn't notice.
Peregrine lied.
This isn't so much scummy as being bad at the game. Being wrong is not a scum tell because town do it all the time, if not more so...
In post 778, Nachopappa wrote:
Vote: Red Dragon

Today, you will not distract us with all the AtE to cover up your scumminess this time. You tried to blind us with it, but that's not gonna work.
sure, fine, go ahead. I have been asking for it. Just, make sure that you have a back-up plan when for if you are wrong. That is all that I ask.
In post 785, Elyse wrote: Why would I kill Nacho as scum? I would've killed you/Slandaar/Grim probably. It doesn't make sense for me to kill Nacho and I don't get why you would vote for someone with less votes if you think both are scum.
wifom.
In post 792, Elyse wrote:Fine. I'm a miller JOAT.

I have one track, one protection, and one vig shot.

I didn't want Baezu to check me because I appear guilty obviously and it would've been a waste. I used my protection on her.
WHHHHHHHHHHHHHHY? WHHHHHHY WHYYYYYYY/ Why did you just claim that you protected? Why would you do that?
Also, now we lose a cop and get no results. You shouldn't have claimed.
In post 794, Elyse wrote:I can prove it with a vig shot tonight.
which will be rbed.
In post 799, Ztife wrote:Are millers common here? Haven't encountered one tbh.

Need to think abit about baezu's claim as well, but definitely looks fishy.
semi common, yes. It is not out of the question. His role could be valid, even more so when considering that the town has two investigation roles.
Red Dragon
Red Dragon
Goon
Red Dragon
Goon
Goon

Post Post #839 (isolation #46) » Wed Jul 10, 2013 6:06 am

Post by Red Dragon »

In post 820, Elyse wrote:And I'm not stupid enough to claim miller joat as scum. That doesn't even make sense. I wtf'd at my role when I got it but there's nothing I can do about it.
wifom. I mean, I believe your claim, but you aren't exactly helping yourself out here.
In post 832, Elyse wrote:Oh come on. There wasn't much I could say with the letters J O A T that wouldn't look obvious.
well, I mean seeing as all bread crumbs are really asinine and always incredibly hard to spot I think you would be safe with wring in joat...
But really guys? Are we going to lynch someone who the scum are going to kill for us?

I really need to think about this game and reformulate some reads.
Red Dragon
Red Dragon
Goon
Red Dragon
Goon
Goon

Post Post #865 (isolation #47) » Thu Jul 11, 2013 5:41 am

Post by Red Dragon »

In post 842, Slandaar wrote:Let us assume you are a miller, you breadcrumbed as such, why did you decide to do that?
millers sorta do that :shifty:
In post 848, Grimgroove wrote:
In post 847, Baezu wrote:Even if we assume that one of us is scum there are still 2 more scum in the rest of the people on this thread.
What gave you the idea there's 3 bad guys?
standard. Almost every game has a 3-man scum team.
Red Dragon
Red Dragon
Goon
Red Dragon
Goon
Goon

Post Post #872 (isolation #48) » Thu Jul 11, 2013 1:04 pm

Post by Red Dragon »

In post 869, PeregrineV wrote:
In post 866, Nachopappa wrote:Red Dragon hasn't come back and defended himself the way I'd expect him to as town, especially with the recent pressure. It's such a whole different Red Dragon we are seeing D2. That worries me immensely
Agree with this part.

@Red-
why nothing to say about your wagon?
Because it seems like a reasonable conclusion to make after the last days events. I won't deny that I'm scummy.
Red Dragon
Red Dragon
Goon
Red Dragon
Goon
Goon

Post Post #885 (isolation #49) » Fri Jul 12, 2013 6:35 am

Post by Red Dragon »

In post 873, Nachopappa wrote:Red Dragon, what are your current townreads and scumreads?
I find grim and elyse to be town right now. Slandar is a tricky bastard that could go either way, so I would keep an eye on him. I still don't like how you waffle around so much. Zitfe could also be scum, but that is mostly gut... he seems to just lurk around.
Red Dragon
Red Dragon
Goon
Red Dragon
Goon
Goon

Post Post #905 (isolation #50) » Sun Jul 14, 2013 2:49 am

Post by Red Dragon »

I'm going to busy today and probably tomorrow.
Red Dragon
Red Dragon
Goon
Red Dragon
Goon
Goon

Post Post #923 (isolation #51) » Mon Jul 15, 2013 5:46 am

Post by Red Dragon »

It is just hard to defend yourself when the points against you are valid. I know that I'm town, so the only thing I really ask is make sure that you guys have a backup. I really see no world where a good town would not lynch me to be honest.

Right now I still think nacho is scum. Slandaar is impossible to read as always... but that is really all I have.
Red Dragon
Red Dragon
Goon
Red Dragon
Goon
Goon

Post Post #946 (isolation #52) » Thu Jul 18, 2013 2:12 am

Post by Red Dragon »

I have to catch up. One thing that I noted however, that I forgot to mention is that I do not really like how miss stranger is trying to codify every post. It seems to me as something that scum would do as a distraction. "Just give it a +2 or -2... it'll look fine"

Return to “Completed Mini Normal Games”