DeasVail
he/him
Survivor
Survivor
Pronoun: he/him

Post Post #36 (isolation #1) » Mon Apr 06, 2015 11:09 pm

Post by DeasVail »

I have townreads already. :]

In post 27, prawneater wrote:VOTE: Creative for not participating in RVS.

What percentage of jockeys do you think have sex with their horses?

Hold your horses! (But not in that way, ew, how could your mind even go there? :P )

Vote: prawneater
for thinking that not participating in RVS matters enough to RV them!

In post 34, eyestott wrote:Oh, I tend not to participate in RVS. I originated from a place that doesnt use it (Ika and Deas can confirm that Playdip is a much more serious place)

They're super duper serious. I don't think I would have been able to handle much more of it! (Seriously though, they're cool, but definitely serious)
DeasVail
DeasVail
he/him
Survivor
DeasVail
he/him
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #37 (isolation #2) » Mon Apr 06, 2015 11:12 pm

Post by DeasVail »

In post 32, ika wrote:im tempted to go full on anti-town mode in this game but then i know mollie will get mad at me

what do?

I say let your heart decide. Besides, mollie will probably be too busy getting mad at me to be mad at you. (<3 you Mollie, but you know it's true)
DeasVail
DeasVail
he/him
Survivor
DeasVail
he/him
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #39 (isolation #3) » Mon Apr 06, 2015 11:56 pm

Post by DeasVail »

In post 38, eyestott wrote:Deas, care to share how you have townreads already?

I'd rather keep scum guessing for now. ;)
DeasVail
DeasVail
he/him
Survivor
DeasVail
he/him
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #99 (isolation #4) » Tue Apr 07, 2015 11:37 pm

Post by DeasVail »

In post 52, lalaladucks wrote:Ah, a fellow Australian - hey Deas

Hey there! It's nice to meet you. :)

In post 71, DragonQueen wrote:Oh and I know DeasVail as LunarGhost

Oh cool!

Creative, this is unrelated, but I would just like to say that I appreciate your use of colour.

I feel more confident in my townreads than any scumreads, but my best bet at the moment would be deathfisario.

In post 57, deathfisaro wrote:
In post 55, DragonQueen wrote:
In post 16, Randomnamechange wrote:/Confirm, still havent looked at my role PM.

This.

You can't confirm if you haven't read your role PM.

Weak but it'll get us out of RVS.

So we're wagoning Random to see what shakes.

This is a very good point. It takes the same effort to open the PM containing link to this thread as reading the role PM. (Actually I think I have worded it the other way :lol: let me just say vice versa).
And it takes even less effort to do both than find other routes to arrive at this thread.

I agree with Scripten about this post. The way he says it's a very good point feels to me like scum trying to fit in with the town and hop onto something. The problem is, however, that there's nothing here that in any way links the point to random being scum, which really makes me question death's enthusiastic agreement here.
In post 65, deathfisaro wrote:
In post 58, Scripten wrote:This is waaaay reaching. I actually hit the thread before I read my role PM, just because the thread PM was higher up on my list than my role PM. Dunno how this is supposed to be alignment indicative?

Well I opened the thread PM first because it was at the top, but I backspaced, read my role PM then went back to the link PM to come here and confirmed. (Is this making sense?)
Like, it takes more effort to type out "still havent looked at my role PM." than just reading it. So intentionally explicitly stating so is indeed weird.

And "weird" might be a good enough starting point out of RVS.
UNVOTE:
VOTE: randomidget
(this explicit unvoting is gonna take some getting used to =P)

More concerning is that here, after receiving pressure about his opinion, he merely states that it's a starting point out of RVS. What happened to it being 'a very good point'?

It's early days, but the jump onto the random bandwagon along with his reaction to the pressure makes me want to vote him.

Vote: Deathfisario

That said, I do like the pressure on random. I'm keen to hear his response.
DeasVail
DeasVail
he/him
Survivor
DeasVail
he/him
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #102 (isolation #5) » Wed Apr 08, 2015 12:00 am

Post by DeasVail »

Oh sorry, I should read the rules. :oops:

VOTE: Deathfisario
DeasVail
DeasVail
he/him
Survivor
DeasVail
he/him
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #113 (isolation #6) » Wed Apr 08, 2015 9:51 am

Post by DeasVail »

In post 111, deathfisaro wrote:Come back with proper logic and reasoning because your case on me is so weak I think you have a ulterior motives.

Why does a weak case mean I have to have ulterior motives? Should I be saying the same about your case on random?
DeasVail
DeasVail
he/him
Survivor
DeasVail
he/him
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #132 (isolation #7) » Wed Apr 08, 2015 3:02 pm

Post by DeasVail »

Random, is your vote on eyestott serious? If so, I'd like to know why.

Creative, why did you choose to answer Scripten's questions?

In post 111, deathfisaro wrote:Why do you think that makes it no longer 'a very good point'? because it still is, and my vote supports that?

Your first post said it was a very good point (which implies fairly strong agreement with the point) and then after being pressured about it you describe it as merely 'weird' and a good starting point, which doesn't seem to match with what you said in the first post!
DeasVail
DeasVail
he/him
Survivor
DeasVail
he/him
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #149 (isolation #8) » Thu Apr 09, 2015 12:42 am

Post by DeasVail »

I can't pay as much attention as I'd like to this right now, since things have been kind of crazy, but:

UNVOTE: Deathfisario
DeasVail
DeasVail
he/him
Survivor
DeasVail
he/him
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #156 (isolation #9) » Thu Apr 09, 2015 10:34 am

Post by DeasVail »

In post 154, deathfisaro wrote:Deas, if you're busy with something to the point you can't play the game and bundle an unvote with it, might be better to replace out if it's going to continue.
The game's still very early and it's not a significantly burdening amount of stuff here for the replacement to catch up.
If things will get better in the next couple days then never mind.

Thanks for the concern, but it'll be fine. Just a rough couple of days.
DeasVail
DeasVail
he/him
Survivor
DeasVail
he/him
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #157 (isolation #10) » Thu Apr 09, 2015 10:36 am

Post by DeasVail »

Not sure where the votes are at right now, but I think death is town.
DeasVail
DeasVail
he/him
Survivor
DeasVail
he/him
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #187 (isolation #11) » Fri Apr 10, 2015 5:19 pm

Post by DeasVail »

Catching up now! Sorry about my absence!
DeasVail
DeasVail
he/him
Survivor
DeasVail
he/him
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #189 (isolation #12) » Fri Apr 10, 2015 6:49 pm

Post by DeasVail »

In post 147, lalaladucks wrote:Deas - what do you think of Depi's responses? Are you still a bit iffy on him or have your suspicions been assuaged?

He's one of my strongest townreads now, for reasons only partly related to his response to me.

In post 148, Randomnamechange wrote:Creative is probably town. He is much for relaxed than when he is scum.
UNVOTE:
VOTE: deathisfario
Pressuring people on things that had already been pressed, a safe way of feigning activity.

I don't like this jump onto death though, as it comes right as I was reading death as more town, so doesn't match with what I was thinking at the time and makes me think the move is opportunistic.

In post 151, Scripten wrote:Why are you unvoting here?

As mentioned above, I liked his response.

In post 155, Futan wrote:2. I can't. I don't know. All I said is that I didn't like her scum playstyle in the only game I've played with her. Abrasive is what comes to mind.

I've only properly played with mollie as town and have found her reasonably abrasive.

In post 168, Randomnamechange wrote:
In post 161, Creative wrote:
In post 148, Randomnamechange wrote:Creative is probably town. He is much for relaxed than when he is scum.
UNVOTE:
VOTE: deathisfario
Pressuring people on things that had already been pressed, a safe way of feigning activity.

Hey ma boy, can i hear a little more from you this game?, since you guessed my alignment correctly i will leave you be for a while, keep lurking and my wrath will be upon you with 1,000 horsepower of force!

UNVOTE:

Someone's bitter.

What was the point of this post?

In post 171, vonflare wrote:VOTE: futan

Tries too hard to rationalize his choices in thread.

Not a solid read yet but it's the best I've got.

Hmm, he was one of my early townreads, but I'll take another look after my catch-up.

In post 179, DragonQueen wrote:This head is thinking Scripten/Vonflare/Futan/random has all the scums.

I have a strong townread on Scripten, and I did townread Futan but that read is probably stale. I agree with random though.

In post 181, deathfisaro wrote:I wonder why ika had to be replaced? I don't see anything in this thread that warrants a force replaceout?

I've seen stuff like this happen when someone is accidentally given information about the set-up or someone's alignment somehow. I don't know what the situation is here, but my guess would be something like that.

--

Regarding Futan:

What I liked about him was his very first post, . He doesn't bother to fit in with the crowd and make horse puns, joke around and think of humorous reasons to random vote people. He instead gets right to it and asks a question, quite a good one in fact! And he doesn't make a show of how he's being pro-town and ~scumhunting~ either. It's still a weak townread, but my overall impression from reading his ISO is reasonably confidence in him being town for this early stage.

Sorry about the ugly quote stripes.

VOTE: Randommidget
DeasVail
DeasVail
he/him
Survivor
DeasVail
he/him
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #208 (isolation #13) » Sat Apr 11, 2015 2:07 pm

Post by DeasVail »

Lala, my initial unvote on death was because I was expecting him as scum to progress his developing scumread on me. I think that as scum it can be difficult to find 'scumreads' that one can fake conviction in, and so I guess I believe that scum would take what opportunity they can get to have such 'scumreads'. In we see the beginnings of a possible scumread on me, yet in later posts, it's evident that he's holding back and not really going for it. This could be seen as scummy even, but it defied my expectation of what he would do as scum enough to warrant me moving onto someone else. Since then I have become more confident in him being town, largely due to . It's a very reasonable post for town to make, yet I feel scum would be very self-conscious making such a post, especially on someone who was scumreading them, worried about accusations of trying to get an influential town player that scumreads them to replace out.

In post 206, pirate mollie wrote:liking dv

:o
DeasVail
DeasVail
he/him
Survivor
DeasVail
he/him
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #210 (isolation #14) » Sat Apr 11, 2015 3:03 pm

Post by DeasVail »

In post 209, pirate mollie wrote:do you think death thing is town?

Yes. I think that was fairly clear from my post!
DeasVail
DeasVail
he/him
Survivor
DeasVail
he/him
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #216 (isolation #15) » Sat Apr 11, 2015 4:37 pm

Post by DeasVail »

In post 211, pirate mollie wrote:
In post 210, DeasVail wrote:
In post 209, pirate mollie wrote:do you think death thing is town?

Yes. I think that was fairly clear from my post!

okay well lets work from there.

you think death thing is town.

wat is your read on futan

I am asking cos I think it is easy to hide behind a choice of non-engagement for playstyle reasons and I feel like scripton is being naive.

My read on futan is town too! I would prefer that I am asked of reads out of interest rather than out of a desire to read me though, especially since I am probably capable of having reads as scum and you'd probably be better off using other aspects of my play. And that it just kind of annoys me when people ask me things just for the purpose of reading me, but that's probably just my tendency to be stubbornly uncooperative.

Do you agree/disagree with these reads?

PEdit: I know that it's not some people's things, but I love all the use of colour! This game is the best!
DeasVail
DeasVail
he/him
Survivor
DeasVail
he/him
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #286 (isolation #16) » Mon Apr 13, 2015 10:01 pm

Post by DeasVail »

Eyestott, I like your scumreads. Creative and Random are my two picks, and I guess I have prawn as a third just because I have some sort of reason to consider everyone else town, but I wouldn't be surprised if I had a couple of reads wrong. Laladucks is an interesting scumread and I'm looking forward to hearing what you think of her. She's a weak townread for me at the moment because of the effort she's putting into working out the game and the natural vibe I get from her posts, but there's nothing I see from her as impossible or very unlikely from scum so she's on my list of those to watch! (This list has been made up just now and is restricted to laladucks at the moment!)

I imagine I'll join you on Creative soon, since he's the only one I actually have any good reason to read as scum, but I want to try squeezing some posts out of random first.
DeasVail
DeasVail
he/him
Survivor
DeasVail
he/him
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #287 (isolation #17) » Mon Apr 13, 2015 10:07 pm

Post by DeasVail »

In post 242, deathfisaro wrote:I'm not sure whether the reason for me not finding any scummy post jumping at me is because there actually isn't many substantial posts from scum or I'm bad at reading people.
Am I really biased if I'm leaning towards the former?

I'm having the same problem here, and often do in every game, especially Day 1. A lot of the time my choice of who to lynch will result from whichever lynch I feel the least uncomfortable with, or I'll just take something I consider minorly scummy and run with it. I don't consider myself a very good player so there's probably some scumhunting 101 course I missed out on somewhere along the line, but I wouldn't get too stressed about it if I were you.
DeasVail
DeasVail
he/him
Survivor
DeasVail
he/him
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #340 (isolation #18) » Thu Apr 16, 2015 1:00 am

Post by DeasVail »

I've run out of time and so I'll have to delay getting to this. Apologies to all.
DeasVail
DeasVail
he/him
Survivor
DeasVail
he/him
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #362 (isolation #19) » Thu Apr 16, 2015 10:11 pm

Post by DeasVail »

I'm ready to get back into this!
DeasVail
DeasVail
he/him
Survivor
DeasVail
he/him
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #363 (isolation #20) » Thu Apr 16, 2015 11:04 pm

Post by DeasVail »

Espe, could I please get confirmation that the last few vote counts are correct?

In post 288, Mac wrote:Hmm. I find this a bit weird.

I thought so too, but after thinking about it more, it made death one of my strongest townreads.

In post 293, Scripten wrote:Tonally, this is by far my favorite post from you. I would like to see a little more direct involvement from you and deathfisario, though.

I will stay involved, but the extent of this involvement will most likely be hindered by various other commitments. Over the last week or two my life has become a whole lot more busy for a number of reasons. Still, there are times where my lack of involvement will be out of laziness so do call me out if you believe I'm slacking off.

In post 334, eyestott wrote:everyone: which of your reads do you feel is the most important, or most uncommon? (Example, if you're townreading someone who is almost universally scumread, or vice versa)

I'm not sure, maybe my townread on DragonQueen.

In post 336, lalaladucks wrote:Is there some sort of alliance between these players whose names start with D?

If you change your name to duckslala then you're very welcome to join. ;) Just keep it hush hush.

--

Ok, here are my thoughts currently.

I've changed my mind and I think Creative is town. I would prefer not to disclose my reasoning for it at this time and it's still pending, but if my interpretation of events is correct then Creative is most likely town.

I would like to express my townread on vonflare, which is in the grand scheme of things reasonably weak, but still quite significant imo for this stage of the game. It mostly stems from his reaction to suspicion of ika in , which I feel is different from what scum would post. I think upon hearing that people find their predecessor scummy, scum would be thinking "oh ika stuffed up, damn" and realise the relevance of it to their alignment, which has also been my feeling when replacing into a widely suspected scum slot. However, I can see town responding in the way that vonflare has, because the suspicion doesn't matter to them as it would to scum, and I believe town do take it as something of an insult to their play if being read as scum. I don't feel like I'm really getting my thoughts across properly, but I can't really explain any better. Apart from that I have a general town vibe from his posts but nothing major. I'm keen to hear your reasoning Scripten when you are ready to reveal it.

I'm still keen on my random scumread (which has evolved somewhat from a pressure vote lately), but I want to wait on explaining this until he answers Scripten's question, which I'm interested in hearing the answer to and is quite relevant to why I think he's scum.
DeasVail
DeasVail
he/him
Survivor
DeasVail
he/him
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #371 (isolation #21) » Fri Apr 17, 2015 12:06 am

Post by DeasVail »

Thanks Espe.

And Mac:

In post 208, DeasVail wrote:Since then I have become more confident in him being town, largely due to 154. It's a very reasonable post for town to make, yet I feel scum would be very self-conscious making such a post, especially on someone who was scumreading them, worried about accusations of trying to get an influential town player that scumreads them to replace out.
DeasVail
DeasVail
he/him
Survivor
DeasVail
he/him
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #402 (isolation #22) » Sat Apr 18, 2015 1:31 am

Post by DeasVail »

I think what Deathfisario said about Random not seeming to care about his lack of contribution is the biggest reason for me thinking him scum. I think it's probably that regardless of alignment, random is quite apathetic when it comes to the game. However, I feel that this is a scum apathetic response because there seems to be no concern whatsoever about his lack of contribution and lack of reading (I've asked him at least one question that he hasn't answered). I can see reasonably apathetic scum behaving as he has though. This is a much weaker point that I'm making it out to be, but together with the fact that I have townreads of some sort on anyone else and believe he makes sense as scum, I think he's a good vote and potentially a good lynch. What I'm most interested in now though is eyestott's scumread on laladucks and scripten's on vonflare.
DeasVail
DeasVail
he/him
Survivor
DeasVail
he/him
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #426 (isolation #23) » Sun Apr 19, 2015 12:42 am

Post by DeasVail »

I don't have anything to say based on the last page except that I really hope we see more of you around, lalala, because you're fantastically entertaining!
DeasVail
DeasVail
he/him
Survivor
DeasVail
he/him
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #441 (isolation #24) » Mon Apr 20, 2015 12:17 am

Post by DeasVail »

I feel like I'm waiting for something, but I don't really know what. I have mild concerns about eyestott I guess, but I'm not really interested in exploring those right now.
DeasVail
DeasVail
he/him
Survivor
DeasVail
he/him
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #443 (isolation #25) » Mon Apr 20, 2015 1:48 am

Post by DeasVail »

I think RQ is town.
DeasVail
DeasVail
he/him
Survivor
DeasVail
he/him
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #566 (isolation #26) » Wed Apr 22, 2015 1:04 am

Post by DeasVail »

Sorry about my absence. I'll be completely back into this before 24 hours from now.
DeasVail
DeasVail
he/him
Survivor
DeasVail
he/him
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #588 (isolation #27) » Thu Apr 23, 2015 3:47 am

Post by DeasVail »

Sorry about taking so long with this. This will be a brief catch-up with better stuff on the weekend.

Laladucks, I did mean DQ yes. For some reason I thought their name was RandomQueen!

UNVOTE:

I'm really not liking DragonQueen's vote on Scripten. I don't have the time to really consider it now, but it may make quite an impact on my reads. And I feel like the whole thing where Titus tells Elusive to stop could be manufactured in an effort to look town. I need to take a look over everything again when I'm not so tired.

Mac, why did you suggest lynching prawn instead of waiting for a replacement?

My reason for townreading Creative was actually because I thought someone had removed his vote (I think I've seen a vote freezer ability in one game before). I will have to look over Creative again too, but I liked his response to the whole thing so he may stay a townread. Hmm, I have decided on a read here but I want to keep it quiet for now.

Sorry for not having more than this for now, but I'm planning to have my reads resorted this weekend. For a quick summary now.

Current townreads are: Creative, Deathfisaro/replacement, Futan, Laladucks, Scripten

Everyone else still needs to be sorted. Vonflare in particular since I like your case, Scripten, but I have my reservations, and obviously DragonQueen. I'm also not as interested in Random as I once was, but I wouldn't have any confidence in calling hm town.
DeasVail
DeasVail
he/him
Survivor
DeasVail
he/him
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #589 (isolation #28) » Thu Apr 23, 2015 3:48 am

Post by DeasVail »

Oh I forgot to keep my Creative townread quiet. Ugh, yeah this really isn't the time for me to be making decisions!
DeasVail
DeasVail
he/him
Survivor
DeasVail
he/him
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #614 (isolation #29) » Fri Apr 24, 2015 12:46 am

Post by DeasVail »

Quick catch-up time and then reads!

In post 591, Creative wrote:The fact that everyone on the game is wanting to lynch randommidget is very informative, not discarding the possibility of him being scum, but feels unlikely, i strongly disaprove lynching him today, DeasVail and Deathfisaro are on my sights.
Want to hear from people who are townreading vonflare your reasons for it.

I don't think I actually want to lynch random anymore.

DragonQueen, I have some questions for you!

First, do you think I should be scumreading Random because of his OMGUS wall? Second, why does it matter that I've only played one game with you, and why does it matter that I was a lurksack in that game?

I also appreciate the advice, but with a whole range of life circumstances popping up, it's been difficult to actually play this game in the way that I would like. I am working on it though, and I hope to return to being involved.

---

Now onto reads!

I am still pondering this, but I think the way that DragonQueen caused ika's replace-out is more likely from town. I feel like when you're scum playing against a friend, the fact that you're playing against someone that knows you is more constantly on your mind. And if DragonQueen and Ika were scum together it would hardly be an issue (it's possible that DQ is just making the whole thing up to hide this fact, but I doubt it at this stage). On the other hand, I could easily see DQ-town forgetting that ika was in the game. A friend being in a game with you if you're town is not nearly as memorable as if scum (in my experience and opinion).

The potential flaws in my theory are that DQ as scum forgot ika was in the game (possible but not totally likely imo), or that DQ is making up the reason why ika was replaced. I actually am doubting this last one more and more because the way Espe posted about ika's replace-out matches up incredibly well with what DQ is claiming, and the whole making it up seems pretty pointless (unless they're buddies as I mentioned earlier).

DQ, I would still like my questions answered despite the above.

--

My read on Eyestott has deteriorated a bit. Most concerning to me is where he claims wanting to hammer, but wants to make a case first. This seems potentially quite scum-motivated to me. If town want to lynch someone, then I expect that they'd just hammer them, wanting to find out the result. The only purpose of a case when you're the hammer vote is to look town, since cases are meant to contribute to discussing a particular read, which obviously doesn't matter once this player is lynched!

And I'm actually thinking he's become my strongest scumread now! That was slightly unexpected!

VOTE: eyestott

-

Quick thoughts on other people that have attracted votes:

I've already expressed townreads on Creative and DQ. The way random has been playing lately seems like what I'd expect from town rather than scum. I don't know if I can explain it better than that, but I guess he is starting to try and put effort in, yet it doesn't seem focused on looking good as much as thinking the people scumreading him are scum themselves. Certainly not a strong townread, but I'm uncertain enough now to not lynch him.
Vonflare is similar for me in that I think he could be scum, and I do respect Scripten's read, but my own gut still leans town, so I'm going to go with my own eyestott read for now. I may b open to compromises later, but we'll see what happens.

And Senator is someone I want to hear more from before making a decision.
DeasVail
DeasVail
he/him
Survivor
DeasVail
he/him
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #616 (isolation #30) » Fri Apr 24, 2015 2:28 am

Post by DeasVail »

I'm about to head to sleep, but I think I understood his post as he would make a case and then hammer right after it, but I think what you're saying makes a lot more sense and I'm sorry for probably misunderstanding the post. As for other things, there's really not much, but I don't have much on anybody. At first I didn't like his posting of the laladucks case while beginning to townslip her, but I've later come to read that as irrelevant to alignment. I also am watching for something else which I'm not seeing so far and that's concerning.

I'm going to look over him again tomorrow, but I doubt that I'll be scumreading him as strongly so my vote may change then!
DeasVail
DeasVail
he/him
Survivor
DeasVail
he/him
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #647 (isolation #31) » Sat Apr 25, 2015 3:06 am

Post by DeasVail »

In post 627, Senator wrote:Nope. Not believing you.

Why do you think it's more likely that random lied about this?
DeasVail
DeasVail
he/him
Survivor
DeasVail
he/him
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #651 (isolation #32) » Sat Apr 25, 2015 4:05 am

Post by DeasVail »

I disagree with the whole thing about no excuses, and I've many a time lost long posts without having the technological know-how to recover it.
DeasVail
DeasVail
he/him
Survivor
DeasVail
he/him
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #655 (isolation #33) » Sat Apr 25, 2015 12:50 pm

Post by DeasVail »

While I hate excuses too, I've made my fair share of them as well as broken promises, and I can really relate to when mafia becomes such a chore that it's difficult to open that forum and click on the game thread, only to see that you're more and more behind. Sometimes replacing out is for the best, but for me at least there's a lot of guilt associated with it, and it's often a lot harder than you'd think to tell when you're just not going to be able to keep up with the game. It'd obviously be cool if there weren't lots of excuses and failure to deliver, but it happens, I get it, and I don't think it's very alignment-relevant either.
DeasVail
DeasVail
he/him
Survivor
DeasVail
he/him
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #661 (isolation #34) » Sat Apr 25, 2015 7:24 pm

Post by DeasVail »

Eyestott, I am looking forward to your post so that I can know whether to change my vote or not. :]
DeasVail
DeasVail
he/him
Survivor
DeasVail
he/him
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #698 (isolation #35) » Mon Apr 27, 2015 3:18 am

Post by DeasVail »

In post 696, eyestott wrote:However, I don't like that this is DeasVails only point against me that has made me his top scumread. I don't even think that hammering with no explanation is more pro-town than hammering without.

It's not about what's pro-town. Scum can be very pro-town.

I don't think my original point stands because of what Scripten pointed out, but I do have a scumread on eye. There is something which I'll explain tomorrow when I have more time, but I don't like his post tonight. I guess the TL;DR of it is that he's spending a whole lot of his time ~reacting~ to my suspicion of him rather than doing something else, and the way he says that I only have one reason for scumreading him (which is false as I've alluded to something concerning that I haven't yet stated, not that it even matters anyway) and tries to encourage others not to scumread him for what was stated as my reason feels like scum trying to play the victim. It feels like he cares way too much about a single vote on him (which I think is more likely from scum) and this is not really being used to work out my alignment. He's acting like he might be suspicious of me but not actually going anywhere with it, the focus seems to be on trying to look town. And that was longer than I expected it to be and I don't know how much sense it made so good night.
DeasVail
DeasVail
he/him
Survivor
DeasVail
he/him
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #774 (isolation #36) » Wed Apr 29, 2015 1:43 am

Post by DeasVail »

I'm pretty sure the last few pages is town fighting with each other, with Senator possible scum, but I think I'm still keener on pursuing eyestott right now.

Scripten, I enjoyed playing with you and if it's possible for you not to replace out I think that would be pretty cool, but if you feel it is required then I understand. All the best in any case.

DragonQueen, I think I've been pretty clear lately on thinking Creative is town. I'm not concerned about the decline in activity at this time either. I'll get to my read on eyestott at the end of this post.

In post 768, Futan wrote:I'm never going to wade through the last 31 pages and make any sense of it, so I'm likely just lynchbait.

I often have this problem too, but I guess my advice would be don't stress too hard about how in-depth you get to read the game. If I have a strong townread on someone and I'm struggling to keep up with the game, I'll often put much less thought into my reading of their posts than I will with someone whose alignment I'm unsure of or is a scumread.

Ok, and now it's time for my eyestott read. It's not going to be anything amazing, but he's who I want to vote for today. There are two main reasons for this. What I've been watching out for for a while now is what he does with his randomidget read. I'm still a bit iffy on , since I do feel that posting a case and then hammering right afterwards serves the scum agenda of wanting to look good better than the town agenda of wanting to lynch scum, but there is a number of town possibilities for this (pointed out by Scripten) and this isn't part of my read. What I do find suspicious, however, is eyestott's lack of real follow-up on randomidget despite having wanted to hammer him earlier. He has been busy and this is why I've waited, but the posts he has been able to make don't reflect this. What happened to him wanting to lynch random? Is he no longer wanting to lynch random due to town's loss of interest in this lynch? This is my suspicion, and it makes his desire to hammer random seem very reactive to the game rather than a product of his own read.

This sort of ties in with his reaction to me in , which is the other part of my scumread. I'm pretty happy with what I said in about it.

After thinking about it, I've decided that I'd also be willing to vote for Senator (this is the same person as pisskop right?), as I don't like his behaviour in response to DragonQueen/Scripten, which I think is a town vs. town thing.
DeasVail
DeasVail
he/him
Survivor
DeasVail
he/him
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #776 (isolation #37) » Wed Apr 29, 2015 1:52 am

Post by DeasVail »

No idea! I don't even know if it was!
DeasVail
DeasVail
he/him
Survivor
DeasVail
he/him
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #779 (isolation #38) » Wed Apr 29, 2015 1:57 am

Post by DeasVail »

In post 778, Senator wrote:Its like you're trying to set up a compromise lynch.

That is the intention yes!

I feel like you were sort of in the background encouraging DQ in her suspicion of Scripten while not getting directly involved and not being at risk of the consequences of being directly involved.
DeasVail
DeasVail
he/him
Survivor
DeasVail
he/him
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #782 (isolation #39) » Wed Apr 29, 2015 2:00 am

Post by DeasVail »

AA9 I don't think it's very important. Might have had something to do with the aggressive behaviour.
DeasVail
DeasVail
he/him
Survivor
DeasVail
he/him
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #785 (isolation #40) » Wed Apr 29, 2015 2:17 am

Post by DeasVail »

I'm saying my thoughts as they are and not as some fabricated thing designed to make them look like more than they are, which is what I feel you are expecting!

AA, I think you're better off reading and forming your own opinion.
DeasVail
DeasVail
he/him
Survivor
DeasVail
he/him
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #791 (isolation #41) » Wed Apr 29, 2015 9:34 am

Post by DeasVail »

In post 786, Senator wrote:I would like you to explain why you are voting for whomever you are voting for. This conversation; if you won't take it further, isn't going to help us here.

I already have though.
DeasVail
DeasVail
he/him
Survivor
DeasVail
he/him
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #794 (isolation #42) » Wed Apr 29, 2015 9:29 pm

Post by DeasVail »

In post 792, pisskop wrote:Way to cooperate to try to reestablish a constant dialogue in the game.

You asked me to do something I've already done. I'm not going to do it again.
DeasVail
DeasVail
he/him
Survivor
DeasVail
he/him
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #800 (isolation #43) » Thu Apr 30, 2015 12:50 am

Post by DeasVail »

In post 798, Senator wrote:Imeven sure why Im trying. You all are trying to lynch from apathy.

You ignore my questions and assign negative narrarations to my actions

I don't think I ignored any questions, nor am I trying to lynch you. I'm trying to lynch eyestott but I expect that you'll be an easier lynch to achieve. And I think you're scum too so really that's ok!
In post 799, Senator wrote:Also you should have voted me instead of trying to set it up. kthbx

Ok!
DeasVail
DeasVail
he/him
Survivor
DeasVail
he/him
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #803 (isolation #44) » Thu Apr 30, 2015 1:33 am

Post by DeasVail »

In post 801, Senator wrote:Thats okay. Your playstyle would make it easy for you to hide as scum.

You say the loveliest things. (I actually don't understand what you're trying to do here!)

Also DQ, I'm pretty sure I answered all your questions. Let me know if there is any I haven't.
DeasVail
DeasVail
he/him
Survivor
DeasVail
he/him
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #804 (isolation #45) » Thu Apr 30, 2015 1:56 am

Post by DeasVail »

In post 802, DragonQueen wrote:Does town have any thoughts on that?

I don't know what the vote count or the deadline is, and considering that Scripten hasn't been replaced yet along with the fact that he probably has some kind of wagon, I'm thinking it unlikely that day will end suddenly without our knowledge.
DeasVail
DeasVail
he/him
Survivor
DeasVail
he/him
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #811 (isolation #46) » Thu Apr 30, 2015 9:25 am

Post by DeasVail »

In post 805, elusive wrote:DV, post 750?

It's tough to answer because eyestott hasn't caught up yet as stated and Creative neither, do you have any thoughts on that or what is it that you were expecting eyestott to do that he hasn't done yet?

774 is where I believe I covered your questions. And I don't think it's all that tough. Creative was likely town before and is probably still town now. And what I was looking for from eyestott was some sort of follow-up on his random read, which I think I mentioned in my post.
DeasVail
DeasVail
he/him
Survivor
DeasVail
he/him
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #836 (isolation #47) » Thu Apr 30, 2015 11:45 pm

Post by DeasVail »

In post 814, pisskop wrote:You're eloquette. And I imagine would be hard to root out as scum.

Oh it's just that you seem to be trying very hard to paint (there's probably a better word for what I mean) me as scum, and whether that's from town or scum here I don't know!

Lalalalala, what contributed to your change in read on Scripten? I still have him as a strong townread, which might be lazy of me, but I thought his reaction wasn't any more likely from scum than from town, and maybe even more likely from town.
DeasVail
DeasVail
he/him
Survivor
DeasVail
he/him
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #838 (isolation #48) » Fri May 01, 2015 12:13 am

Post by DeasVail »

It's possible my read could be the one that's wrong there. I don't think I'd want to lynch the slot today in any case though, since we should hopefully have a replacement coming in.
DeasVail
DeasVail
he/him
Survivor
DeasVail
he/him
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #890 (isolation #49) » Fri May 15, 2015 7:18 pm

Post by DeasVail »

Oops, I forgot day had started. Post will happen tonight!
DeasVail
DeasVail
he/him
Survivor
DeasVail
he/him
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #894 (isolation #50) » Sat May 16, 2015 12:57 am

Post by DeasVail »

I remember where I was now!

VOTE: Eyestott

Looking back over his posts I'm not as sold as I thought I was, but I would like to see him dance!
DeasVail
DeasVail
he/him
Survivor
DeasVail
he/him
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #925 (isolation #51) » Sun May 17, 2015 1:12 am

Post by DeasVail »

Aw, it's a shame to see eyestott go. :(

UNVOTE: Eyestott
VOTE: Senator
DeasVail
DeasVail
he/him
Survivor
DeasVail
he/him
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #948 (isolation #52) » Mon May 18, 2015 1:40 am

Post by DeasVail »

Vla due to Internet issues.

UNVOTE:
DeasVail
DeasVail
he/him
Survivor
DeasVail
he/him
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #972 (isolation #53) » Tue May 19, 2015 2:15 am

Post by DeasVail »

In post 926, DragonQueen wrote:DV, do you agree about eyestott replacing out as scum or being more active lurking as scum?

I haven't played with eyestott before and so I'm planning to judge he and his predecessor's alignment based on their play. I don't see replacing out or 'active lurking' as particularly alignment relevant on their own. I still would guess scum for that slot, but when looking at his ISO since the game restarted I wasn't as passionate about it as I was. I shall then eagerly await his replacement and see what they bring. :]

In post 935, Senator wrote:Deas should be lynched before lylo.

No thanks!

And regarding the clusterbomb, not really. I think it was difficult for anyone to know when the deadline was cosidering the lack of updates and endless stream of replacements. I had assumed that the replacements would go through before deadline, but I was wrong and it sucks, but it's just about moving on I think.

In post 945, DragonQueen wrote:I want to start here VOTE: ArcAngel9 because she replaced in one day one and didn't contribute anything and now one day two is being a lurker. Town sheep me.

Is this for a lynch or wagon?

Mac, why creative?

In post 957, lalaladucks wrote:cuatro: idk, maybe Watson cause I've only watched the semi recent SH movies and the Sherlock tv show and he's more relatable, still smart but not sociopathic (pretty sure that's how Sherlock described himself in the recent tv show).

I love the Sherlock bbc series!

I am going to make a read pyramid!

lalaladucks, Skybird
DragonQueen, Creative, randomidget
RadiantCowbells, vonflare, Mac
ArcAngel9, Senator
Eyestott/whoever it is now.

If you want reasoning for any of the reads just ask. A lot of it is based on stuff before the game pause because since then either not much has happened or I've been lazy with reading people. Not sure which!

Senator has moved up a bit due to his weird PR hunting comment on deathfisario. First thought is that it may not be something scum are too likely to say! Voting eyestott would be mega boring though because HE'S NOT EVEN HERE, so...

VOTE: Mac
DeasVail
DeasVail
he/him
Survivor
DeasVail
he/him
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #1089 (isolation #54) » Wed May 20, 2015 1:16 am

Post by DeasVail »

In post 982, Mac wrote:Shits and giggles. And he claimed PR day one in order to avoid the lynch (I think) and has rescinded it d2. There is not enough being made about this; the man has conned his way out of a lynch. he needs more scrutiny.

now, why me? Your ISO contains about five mentions of me and none of them are about a read until your vote.

I don't have much time right now, so I'm just going to focus on this.

I might be missing something, but was Creative ever in danger of being lynched? If so, then show me where, and if not, explain why he'd need to con his way out of a lynch.

As for why you, I don't have any super confident scumreads right now, and you're one of those weak townreads that I've sort of left in that spot without putting much thought into it. So while I'm waiting for an eyestott replacement and less ok with the idea of lynching Senator, you get to have a bit of my attention. :)
DeasVail
DeasVail
he/him
Survivor
DeasVail
he/him
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #1154 (isolation #55) » Fri May 22, 2015 4:38 pm

Post by DeasVail »

I will get to this today, sorry!
DeasVail
DeasVail
he/him
Survivor
DeasVail
he/him
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #1155 (isolation #56) » Fri May 22, 2015 8:54 pm

Post by DeasVail »

In post 1001, lalaladucks wrote:DV, <33333 Sherlock it's the best! Wish there were more eps though.

I do too, but usually with tv shows I have trouble staying engaged whereas Sherlock's been something I've always loved, so I worry that with more episodes the same thing would have happened to me!

In post 1025, DragonQueen wrote:At this point either I or Radiant die. So town make a damn choice.

I think you're town but I'm not particularly interested in being bossed around.

In post 1095, Mac wrote:I'd like to know your thoughts surrounding creative?

I was reading him pretty solidly as town the previous day. My initial reaction is that his claim dancing comes from town, but I don't remember entirely my reasoning for townreading him, except that I was pretty confident. I'll have to revisit this read though because it may have been influenced by thinking he was a PR. I'll probably still think he's town though.

In post 1131, lalaladucks wrote:Did you guys know that the derivative of the area of a circle is the circumference formula?!

Woah.

You've got my mind racing, sort of like this!

I'm fairly confident in my hierarchy of townreads and don't really have any scumreads outside of eyestott at this stage, but I think I'll go back to

Vonflare is pretty low on my townread list but high enough for me not to want to lynch him right now.

I think Radiant is town.
DeasVail
DeasVail
he/him
Survivor
DeasVail
he/him
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #1170 (isolation #57) » Sat May 23, 2015 1:40 pm

Post by DeasVail »

In post 1168, DragonQueen wrote:DeasVail, given the state of this game and your lurking - do you really think anyone is going to follow you? Why are you wasting a vote on a slot that probably won't get lynched today? At least you should make some sort of case or reasoning?

With people getting replaced/in need of replacing/having disappeared completely, I'd much rather get that all sorted out before lynching someone!
DeasVail
DeasVail
he/him
Survivor
DeasVail
he/him
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #1201 (isolation #58) » Tue May 26, 2015 1:10 am

Post by DeasVail »

With my top scumread still to be replaced I don't really know what to do.
DeasVail
DeasVail
he/him
Survivor
DeasVail
he/him
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #1269 (isolation #59) » Wed May 27, 2015 10:04 pm

Post by DeasVail »

V/LA for 2 days
DeasVail
DeasVail
he/him
Survivor
DeasVail
he/him
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #1355 (isolation #60) » Sun May 31, 2015 1:23 am

Post by DeasVail »

Will have to extend my V/LA a little. Really sorry
DeasVail
DeasVail
he/him
Survivor
DeasVail
he/him
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #1357 (isolation #61) » Sun May 31, 2015 11:41 pm

Post by DeasVail »

I have returned! Catching up now.
DeasVail
DeasVail
he/him
Survivor
DeasVail
he/him
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #1358 (isolation #62) » Sun May 31, 2015 11:55 pm

Post by DeasVail »

Lalala, I evidently do not object to perished political pisskop!

Skybird, I'd be eager to know why you townread eyestott.

I get Senator's argument, but I think there's just as much reason for scum to believe that the apathy result in their wagon falling apart.

Skybird, my reason for voting Senator in addition to PoE is that I thought his posts Day 1 came from a mindset of wanting the drama between Scripten and DQ to continue. My vote on him is not out of a strong desire to lynch him, but I can't say I mind a great deal if he is lynched. I do care less about this game than I normally would and that's probably bad, but that's how it is, and if things got moving with us actually lynching someone then I wouldn't complain! And a scum lynch in particular would really light a fire to this game.

Also, to those commenting on the lurkiness etc. I don't think people can really be blamed for it. I think Espe's been going through some difficult life circumstances and probably hasn't been able to focus on this game as much as he'd like, and the unfortunate consequence of this is that we do have people that need replacing, and it's difficult to stay motivated and continue posting when there are people that have disappeared for an extended period of time. I guess this game is still fun for me though, and I will always consider it so because this is the first time I've played with lalaladucks, a new scummer who I've enjoyed very much in this game! And without this game I would have barely known her. So I guess there are probably always things to enjoy in this game. I don't know what will happen, but while it continues my approach is just to wait for things to pick back up again and if they do then I'll be here to play!
DeasVail
DeasVail
he/him
Survivor
DeasVail
he/him
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #1366 (isolation #63) » Mon Jun 01, 2015 4:26 pm

Post by DeasVail »

In post 1272, Skybird wrote:Townreads at the moment: DQ, Vonflare, Eyestott slot

This is what I was referring to, but i assume it was a mistake?
DeasVail
DeasVail
he/him
Survivor
DeasVail
he/him
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #1371 (isolation #64) » Tue Jun 02, 2015 1:23 pm

Post by DeasVail »

In post 1369, Senator wrote:Stop doing lip service and either unvote or lynchme.

I would prefer not to do either right now considering the state of the game!
DeasVail
DeasVail
he/him
Survivor
DeasVail
he/him
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #1382 (isolation #65) » Thu Jun 04, 2015 11:05 pm

Post by DeasVail »

I'm in a similar position to the above, however if Espeonage returns and would really like to continue, then I'll support that decision.
DeasVail
DeasVail
he/him
Survivor
DeasVail
he/him
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #1394 (isolation #66) » Fri Jun 05, 2015 9:58 pm

Post by DeasVail »

If anyone is unsure whether they want to continue with the game, they should look at the OP!
DeasVail
DeasVail
he/him
Survivor
DeasVail
he/him
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #1404 (isolation #67) » Sat Jun 06, 2015 11:42 am

Post by DeasVail »

I would vote the eyestott slot if people were really gung-ho about moving the game, but I'd rather not right now.
DeasVail
DeasVail
he/him
Survivor
DeasVail
he/him
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #1433 (isolation #68) » Tue Jun 09, 2015 1:23 am

Post by DeasVail »

I can't catch up right now but I will soon!
DeasVail
DeasVail
he/him
Survivor
DeasVail
he/him
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #1464 (isolation #69) » Thu Jun 11, 2015 10:51 pm

Post by DeasVail »

I have just finished my rotation so I'm planning to do a hard catch-up in the game. I'll probably start tonight, but finished reads and stuff may not be here until tomorrow.
DeasVail
DeasVail
he/him
Survivor
DeasVail
he/him
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #1501 (isolation #70) » Sat Jun 13, 2015 2:09 am

Post by DeasVail »

Pretty sure Persivul and A Muffin aren't scum together because I'm pretty sure buddies would be super self-conscious about finishing vonflare together like that so publicly. Not 100%, but it's what I'm going off for now and I would lean towards Muffin being the scum 1. because eyestott and 2. because Persivul was a bit more pushy about getting vonflare lynched than I'd expect scum to be. A Muffin as scum would feel more free to hammer if a townie (Persivul in the event where Muffin is scum probably) told him to.

And I've gotten distracted and won't be able to post more until tomorrow, but I'd probably be voting for a muffin. I want to check to make sure I wasn't completely loopy in scumreading eyestott first though.
DeasVail
DeasVail
he/him
Survivor
DeasVail
he/him
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #1528 (isolation #71) » Mon Jun 15, 2015 12:26 am

Post by DeasVail »

A Muffin is at L-1.
DeasVail
DeasVail
he/him
Survivor
DeasVail
he/him
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #1529 (isolation #72) » Mon Jun 15, 2015 12:27 am

Post by DeasVail »

Oh wait never mind I read the no lynch number as the lynch number. Carry on. :oops:
DeasVail
DeasVail
he/him
Survivor
DeasVail
he/him
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #1530 (isolation #73) » Mon Jun 15, 2015 12:30 am

Post by DeasVail »

Actually,

VOTE: A Muffin

I've been avoiding the game due to not having the time to put the effort into re-ISOing everyone that I'd like to, and that's not going to happen any longer. I'm still going off my reads as I remember them from before the horse apocalypse. If some time pops up for me I'll re-examine my reads but I don't mind getting a claim from muffin at this stage.

NOW THE MUFFIN IS AT L-1
DeasVail
DeasVail
he/him
Survivor
DeasVail
he/him
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #1544 (isolation #74) » Wed Jun 17, 2015 9:42 pm

Post by DeasVail »

Can everyone please unvote?
DeasVail
DeasVail
he/him
Survivor
DeasVail
he/him
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #1547 (isolation #75) » Wed Jun 17, 2015 10:14 pm

Post by DeasVail »

DeasVail
DeasVail
he/him
Survivor
DeasVail
he/him
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #1550 (isolation #76) » Wed Jun 17, 2015 10:24 pm

Post by DeasVail »

DeasVail
DeasVail
he/him
Survivor
DeasVail
he/him
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #1552 (isolation #77) » Wed Jun 17, 2015 10:31 pm

Post by DeasVail »

DeasVail
DeasVail
he/him
Survivor
DeasVail
he/him
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #1554 (isolation #78) » Wed Jun 17, 2015 10:37 pm

Post by DeasVail »

DeasVail
DeasVail
he/him
Survivor
DeasVail
he/him
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #1556 (isolation #79) » Wed Jun 17, 2015 10:41 pm

Post by DeasVail »

DeasVail
DeasVail
he/him
Survivor
DeasVail
he/him
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #1599 (isolation #80) » Mon Jun 22, 2015 10:38 am

Post by DeasVail »

Lalala, you were amazing at looking town! I had no idea you were a serial killer until the very last night.

Thank you Quilford for running the game to completion, and thanks to my fellow scumbuddies!
DeasVail
DeasVail
he/him
Survivor
DeasVail
he/him
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #1601 (isolation #81) » Mon Jun 22, 2015 1:25 pm

Post by DeasVail »

Oh and I'm good with release of the PT if that's a thing.

Return to “Completed Mini Theme Games”