Survivor
Psyche
he/they
Survivor
Survivor
Pronoun: he/they

Post Post #262 (isolation #0) » Mon Apr 30, 2012 2:51 pm

Post by Psyche »

WOOOT. I made sure you guys were likeable before coming in. Congrats for passing that test.

This is a perfect example of why more people should adopt instead of giving birth. You get to fill a hole in someone's life and skip the pains of childbirth ~

I already read through some of the thread when I asked to be a sub, so it'll be soon that I bring you guys a full-length commentary featuring thoughts of some quality. People tend to put a lot of emphasis that first post for some reason, I've learned. Perhaps the most important post a replacement can make for his win condition.

I shall not fail you.

And I'm off...
You can't step in the same river twice.
Psyche
Psyche
he/they
Survivor
Psyche
he/they
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #268 (isolation #1) » Mon Apr 30, 2012 4:44 pm

Post by Psyche »

My beautiful wallpost...just got deleted.

I...I'm going to bed now. Wallpost tomorrow.
Psyche
Psyche
he/they
Survivor
Psyche
he/they
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #269 (isolation #2) » Mon Apr 30, 2012 4:46 pm

Post by Psyche »

It was going to be perfect...
Psyche
Psyche
he/they
Survivor
Psyche
he/they
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #306 (isolation #3) » Wed May 02, 2012 2:53 pm

Post by Psyche »

So sorry for not being active yet. I have this huge thing due tomorrow.
Psyche
Psyche
he/they
Survivor
Psyche
he/they
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #324 (isolation #4) » Thu May 03, 2012 4:25 pm

Post by Psyche »

Okay, then. I'm ready to try again. Here goes.
Psyche
Psyche
he/they
Survivor
Psyche
he/they
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #328 (isolation #5) » Thu May 03, 2012 6:11 pm

Post by Psyche »

It...disappeared again...
But thoughts remain in my head and they shall be expressed! Just in a less passionate and expressive way.

But they ARE fading away, so I'll need to start typing vigorously now.

BBmolla remains consistenly the most scummy player of the game. While redff was the one who purportedly took to serious pose at the start of D1 (I'd say "active" instead of serious, since it's clear from a bird's view that his Vifam policy lynch intentions were insincere), BBmolla was the one who uncharacteristically took a page 1 vote very seriously. This isn't necessarily scummy, but it is both anomalous and awkwardly done. It rubbed me the wrong way.

Proceeding from that, BB has been continually playing effortlessly. I don't mean to say that he pwns with elegant simplicity, but that his reads are superficial and preanalytical. There isn't much put into them, though he'd like you to believe that there is. This pattern is my main reason for finding BB scummy.

In post 133, BBmolla wrote:
In post 119, redFF wrote:I'm gonna go ahead and say this game is mountainous.

This seems like an impossible thing to know by someone who is town and serves no useful purpose at this point in the game. Confirm vote.

If Red is scum, Major is probably scum with him.

Pine is scum because he isn't yelling and pushing a bullshit case.

He maintains his strange vote for redff for comparably weak reasons. Because redff has announced an opinion about the setup, BB somehow visualizes the existence of a scum motive and sees no use in exploring the thinking behind the speculation.

In post 148, BBmolla wrote:
In post 147, Pine wrote:
In post 116, Pine wrote:Blonde Doctor: Are you an alt?

Blonde Doctor, please answer this question. It's actually important.

Pushing a minor question as he apparently can't read the whole game until it's answered.

Pine are you even trying

This post, followed up with a vote, continues the pattern of paucity. It isn't based in any real scumhunting thought process; he acts as if's simply found something else to quibble about.

In post 135, BBmolla wrote:
In post 134, mb53 wrote:I don't follow. meta reasons?

Last nightless he was harping Scumhunter at this point in time I believe. It's gone so I can't link it unfortunately.

Yeah Major's agreement was pretty bad, especially with everyone being so inactive.

parroting...

In post 238, BBmolla wrote:So yeah fake daykill.

UNVOTE:
VOTE: redff

He still needs to die.

Not really any worthwhile reactions from it as far as I can tell.

Never really grounded "why" at all once in his posts.

He's soooo lame, yet actively so. As my first foothold into the game, VOTE: BBmolla.
Psyche
Psyche
he/they
Survivor
Psyche
he/they
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #329 (isolation #6) » Thu May 03, 2012 6:12 pm

Post by Psyche »

That really was just a fraction of all I was going to say, but I'm tired.
Psyche
Psyche
he/they
Survivor
Psyche
he/they
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #331 (isolation #7) » Thu May 03, 2012 6:30 pm

Post by Psyche »

Fuck it.

Guys, redFF might not be town, but there's nothing scummy to his name. His play at the start of the game which recieved so much ire was actually pretty optimal page 1 play imo. Please consider the possibility that the thread is developed enough now that you might be able to develop a rigorous position now.

NS and Crypto have been coasting this game, playing the helpful but easy role of "cultivator" in this game, throwing their voices and questions in a way to help good content to arise, but yet failing to make much of it. I request that they, especially, invest themselves in some opinions about the game very soon.

Inte and BK201 are just players of a different intellectual and stylistic stripe from the MS norm, and all the heat they've gotten so far has been based on this fact, not their scumminess. No vote on them is warranted yet, and all so far have been noncommital and unproductive so far. These differently striped players are also not using their votes intelligently and might be entreated to either use convincing reasoning to justify their votes, or wagon on someone who does.
Psyche
Psyche
he/they
Survivor
Psyche
he/they
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #343 (isolation #8) » Fri May 04, 2012 12:01 pm

Post by Psyche »

In post 338, Hiraki wrote:No chance on my support on BBmolla.

Might change it if I've said something different, but that's what I remember at the moment.

Have I noted that I think this guy is scum? I do.
Psyche
Psyche
he/they
Survivor
Psyche
he/they
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #345 (isolation #9) » Fri May 04, 2012 1:27 pm

Post by Psyche »

<insert FFFUUU meme here>

If you aren't planning on playing, why not leave before the thread gets all wordy?
Psyche
Psyche
he/they
Survivor
Psyche
he/they
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #347 (isolation #10) » Fri May 04, 2012 1:30 pm

Post by Psyche »

Okay, how about a nice case to push the redff lynch?
Psyche
Psyche
he/they
Survivor
Psyche
he/they
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #378 (isolation #11) » Sat May 05, 2012 12:58 pm

Post by Psyche »

In post 375, UberNinja wrote:
In post 268, Psyche wrote:My beautiful wallpost...just got deleted.

I...I'm going to bed now. Wallpost tomorrow.

In post 269, Psyche wrote:It was going to be perfect...

These posts are 2 whole minutes apart. Way more than enough time to type "It was going to be perfect..."

Feels to me like scum trying to get off with not having posted any more content + lurking for a few minutes and then trying to appear sorrowful about a beautiful, perfect post that was lost to deletion.

Only ways a post can get deleted are:

1. select all + delete/backspace, which can be solved by a Ctrl Z or an Edit > Undo
2. browser crash, which can be solved by clicking "restore tabs" or "restore browser session" when your browser reopens
3. loss of internet connection, which can be solved by clicking "< back", selecting & copy/pasting your post after signing in again when the internet comes back on
4. aliens/tigers/etc

Loss of explanation about why the post was magically lost is also suspect.

I am going to bed now + 2 minutes pause + It was going to be perfect = scum

Vote: Psyche

God, I wish there was a better eye-rolling emoticon.
Psyche
Psyche
he/they
Survivor
Psyche
he/they
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #381 (isolation #12) » Sat May 05, 2012 1:05 pm

Post by Psyche »

Fuck you, UN.
Psyche
Psyche
he/they
Survivor
Psyche
he/they
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #385 (isolation #13) » Sat May 05, 2012 1:14 pm

Post by Psyche »

Your attack is pathetic and offensive and fuck you. Good luck at the whole "lynching me" thing from that.
Psyche
Psyche
he/they
Survivor
Psyche
he/they
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #391 (isolation #14) » Sat May 05, 2012 1:29 pm

Post by Psyche »

Okay, I'm over it.

No, you didn't catch me as scum. You demonstrated your "scumhunting skills". But good job!

I've decided not to blow your post off as nonsense any further and explain its inanity. But first, one question: Don't you have any better read?

Of course, I'll post my other thoughts about the game. But you have to understand how demotivating it is to do something you've already done.
Psyche
Psyche
he/they
Survivor
Psyche
he/they
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #401 (isolation #15) » Sat May 05, 2012 5:31 pm

Post by Psyche »

In post 399, Pine wrote:
In post 385, Psyche wrote:Your attack is pathetic and offensive and fuck you. Good luck at the whole "lynching me" thing from that.

This is a pretty solid scumpost. Was on the fence on you, Psyche, thanks for clearing it up.

Unvote

Great job with the case building, there, Pine. Smh.
Psyche
Psyche
he/they
Survivor
Psyche
he/they
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #406 (isolation #16) » Sun May 06, 2012 1:49 am

Post by Psyche »

In post 404, UberNinja wrote:
In post 391, Psyche wrote:Okay, I'm over it.

No, you didn't catch me as scum. You demonstrated your "scumhunting skills". But good job!

I've decided not to blow your post off as nonsense any further and explain its inanity. But first, one question: Don't you have any better read?

Of course, I'll post my other thoughts about the game. But you have to understand how demotivating it is to do something you've already done.

ok just so this shit is cleared up.

for my part: i had a conversation about this with one of my friends tonight: he's an EMT and he drove 50 miles somewhere to go help someone, and then when he got back, he had just finished settling down and getting comfy again when he got a call to go back to within a few miles of that 50 miles away on another call. thats 200 miles driving back and forth on the same road in the same night, when you'd rather be sleeping. so yes, i have some sympathy for it when it already happens (its happened to me too, even with the techniques i described before) so i'd say the best thing to do is type up your response in notepad or textpad or whatever text editor you prefer, and then save it periodically so that even if there's a power outage you'll still have most of what you wrote and you won't have to give us lame-ass excuses.

you keep saying things like "i'm going to bed" and then you lurk for a few minutes and then post something else tho, so what the hell am i supposed to think.

yes i have plenty of other reads, and some of them are pretty strong too (if you'd read my posts without doing something like scanning for YOUR name in them, you'd probably know this..................... right?), but nothing stuck out to me and said "oooh oooh pick me. vote me please" like yours did. i probably would have left vifam's vote on redff otherwise but you're def. worth voting for what is "pretty clearly" bullshit, especially given your tendency to post afterwords and NOT be in a complete fucking rage at all the work you lost. i know personally that when i have lost gigantic posts i have been fucking furious.

sooooo if you can say "fuck you" when replying to someone who thinks it's suspicious that you're pretending to have put effort into the game, but really just posting every now and again saying "hey guys i really tried but i am just unlucky... feel bad for meeeeeee".... then you can probably use a few expletives when you lose a post that you allegedly spent a good amount of time writing.

in other words, you have saintlike patience about something that you yourself caused
but when someone else dares to think it's suspicious, all of a sudden it's "fuck you, UN!"

yeah, no.

my vote stays.

tl;dr

I suppose I'll have to explain why a post might fail and then why I might continue complaining about it two minutes after it occurs. I'll use short straightforward sentences that — woah — make sense.

I have an iPad. When Safari crashes, the app simply closes and I return to my home screen. When I reopen Safari, every page is still there, but reloads and then appears as if I just recently visited it.

This can also happen if I switch tabs in my browser — Safari feels like it is necessary to reload the page I've been on for so long already. No, there is not a way to retrieve a post after Safari does this.

When a person gets really invested in his work, he feels a lot of negative emotions when this work fails. In fact, investment in something is positively correlated with both the intensity of and length of time of emotions felt about that thing. This is a basic finding of emotion science that I would think is common knowledge.

Because of this fact, it is no wonder that I might be despairing about a lost post two minutes after posting it. Two minutes isn't really much time at all.

I hope you process this post less unintelligently than you have my others, but believe me, I'm not losing sleep over it.
Psyche
Psyche
he/they
Survivor
Psyche
he/they
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #412 (isolation #17) » Sun May 06, 2012 6:26 am

Post by Psyche »

Sigh. I should've kept a cool head. I'll win you guys back, promise!
Psyche
Psyche
he/they
Survivor
Psyche
he/they
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #414 (isolation #18) » Sun May 06, 2012 6:32 am

Post by Psyche »

oh, I already explained that. I had the reply window open and Safari decided to crash. When I reopened the browser, all of my tabs reloaded, changing a huge wall post into a single quote yet to be commented on.

Most of it was trivial commentary, but it helped organize my thoughts and posed a few questions. Ex. "Wtf is mountainous?" I know now.
Psyche
Psyche
he/they
Survivor
Psyche
he/they
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #416 (isolation #19) » Sun May 06, 2012 6:38 am

Post by Psyche »

:X

I usually use Firefox, but this is an iPad we're talking about.
Psyche
Psyche
he/they
Survivor
Psyche
he/they
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #419 (isolation #20) » Sun May 06, 2012 6:41 am

Post by Psyche »

Yes. In retrospect, and in the future, I should've just done an extra c/p and put everything on my Notes app.

Usually, it's pretty handy, this iPad. Much more useful for large projects like MS than the iPhone...
Psyche
Psyche
he/they
Survivor
Psyche
he/they
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #428 (isolation #21) » Sun May 06, 2012 7:34 am

Post by Psyche »

for my part: i had a conversation about this with one of my friends tonight: he's an EMT and he drove 50 miles somewhere to go help someone, and then when he got back, he had just finished settling down and getting comfy again when he got a call to go back to within a few miles of that 50 miles away on another call. thats 200 miles driving back and forth on the same road in the same night, when you'd rather be sleeping. so yes, i have some sympathy for it when it already happens (its happened to me too, even with the techniques i described before) so i'd say the best thing to do is type up your response in notepad or textpad or whatever text editor you prefer, and then save it periodically so that even if there's a power outage you'll still have most of what you wrote and you won't have to give us lame-ass excuses.

you keep saying things like "i'm going to bed" and then you lurk for a few minutes and then post something else tho, so what the hell am i supposed to think.

yes i have plenty of other reads, and some of them are pretty strong too (if you'd read my posts without doing something like scanning for YOUR name in them, you'd probably know this..................... right?), but nothing stuck out to me and said "oooh oooh pick me. vote me please" like yours did. i probably would have left vifam's vote on redff otherwise but you're def. worth voting for what is "pretty clearly" bullshit, especially given your tendency to post afterwords and NOT be in a complete fucking rage at all the work you lost. i know personally that when i have lost gigantic posts i have been fucking furious.

sooooo if you can say "fuck you" when replying to someone who thinks it's suspicious that you're pretending to have put effort into the game, but really just posting every now and again saying "hey guys i really tried but i am just unlucky... feel bad for meeeeeee".... then you can probably use a few expletives when you lose a post that you allegedly spent a good amount of time writing.

in other words, you have saintlike patience about something that you yourself caused
but when someone else dares to think it's suspicious, all of a sudden it's "fuck you, UN!"

yeah, no.

my vote stays.

Oh, and I said "Fuck you" because you called me "fucking incompetent". (Ass.)
Psyche
Psyche
he/they
Survivor
Psyche
he/they
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #437 (isolation #22) » Sun May 06, 2012 9:06 am

Post by Psyche »

In post 433, UberNinja wrote:
In post 406, Psyche wrote:

yeah, no.

my vote stays.

tl;dr

I suppose I'll have to explain why a post might fail and then why I might continue complaining about it two minutes after it occurs. I'll use short straightforward sentences that — woah — make sense.

I have an iPad. When Safari crashes, the app simply closes and I return to my home screen. When I reopen Safari, every page is still there, but reloads and then appears as if I just recently visited it.

This can also happen if I switch tabs in my browser — Safari feels like it is necessary to reload the page I've been on for so long already. No, there is not a way to retrieve a post after Safari does this.

When a person gets really invested in his work, he feels a lot of negative emotions when this work fails. In fact, investment in something is positively correlated with both the intensity of and length of time of emotions felt about that thing. This is a basic finding of emotion science that I would think is common knowledge.

Because of this fact, it is no wonder that I might be despairing about a lost post two minutes after posting it. Two minutes isn't really much time at all.

I hope you process this post less unintelligently than you have my others, but believe me, I'm not losing sleep over it.

solution: first of all don't use a stupid ipad
if you must use your ipad, don't use a crappy browser like safari
and if you must use safari, don't large posts that may get eaten

that was easy

Gee, thanks for the advice! I've never looked at it that way.
Psyche
Psyche
he/they
Survivor
Psyche
he/they
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #444 (isolation #23) » Sun May 06, 2012 9:46 am

Post by Psyche »

I found it entertaining.
Psyche
Psyche
he/they
Survivor
Psyche
he/they
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #451 (isolation #24) » Sun May 06, 2012 12:01 pm

Post by Psyche »

In post 449, crypto wrote:It's Nobody Special. He's really funny, and makes me laugh a lot.

2nded.
Psyche
Psyche
he/they
Survivor
Psyche
he/they
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #453 (isolation #25) » Sun May 06, 2012 2:57 pm

Post by Psyche »

Now I am much more proud to be playing.

Okay, I'm bored the way things are now. Suppose I'll find someone else to harp about.
Psyche
Psyche
he/they
Survivor
Psyche
he/they
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #454 (isolation #26) » Sun May 06, 2012 2:58 pm

Post by Psyche »

Why is UN still voting for me? Is my explanation unbelievable? Or is me getting pissed scummy?
Psyche
Psyche
he/they
Survivor
Psyche
he/they
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #456 (isolation #27) » Sun May 06, 2012 3:02 pm

Post by Psyche »

Oh. Thanks, Ythan.
Psyche
Psyche
he/they
Survivor
Psyche
he/they
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #458 (isolation #28) » Sun May 06, 2012 3:39 pm

Post by Psyche »

Wow. It happened again. I suppose I never learn.
Psyche
Psyche
he/they
Survivor
Psyche
he/they
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #460 (isolation #29) » Sun May 06, 2012 4:04 pm

Post by Psyche »

I had this strategy of c/ping that was working pretty well, but the browser crashed on the wrong step. It seems that switching tabs a lot is what does it, for the browser's been working perfectly today.

I'll just take the more inconvenient notes app route. No biggie — I was getting more or less disillusioned with both the quality of reads in this thread, and with my own ability to develop them. I'll 'probably' try again tonight.

I'm still getting bogged with that basic question of mafia theory — "What makes scumplay distinct from townplay?" The answer seems depressingly absent from this thread. Of course, the distinction comes from the cognition that leads to the output post. But how does this distinction make the posts, themselves, distinct? I could've just as easily posted this as scum as I am as town. Or could I?

I'm going to try some soul searching for a bit. Bbl.
Psyche
Psyche
he/they
Survivor
Psyche
he/they
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #465 (isolation #30) » Sun May 06, 2012 11:08 pm

Post by Psyche »

In post 463, noraaa wrote:Psyche as town I don't think you'd need to ask us those sort of questions. If you have to decipher what sort of things might be perceived as scum then I feel you are scum being way too transparent. No townsperson should need to give more than a minor fuck about what anyone thinks of their posting, aside from how well they are getting their idea across. I'd vote for you if NS wasn't making me so damned itchy.

There's plenty of voting in this game but hardly any analytical dialogue going on. I feel like too many people are either scummy as fuck or not giving their all to this game. Starting my re-read now.

Uh...okay. I suppose not getting mislynched isn't really part of my Win Condition. Next time someone posts an attack on me, I'll just ignore it. I shouldn't care, right?

Your vote is is just as crappy as most of the others in this thread. Including the one that persuaded you to vote NS. But if you agreed with UN's psyche attack, I can't expect much.
Psyche
Psyche
he/they
Survivor
Psyche
he/they
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #471 (isolation #31) » Mon May 07, 2012 9:20 am

Post by Psyche »

In post 466, UberNinja wrote:Can I take it from your post that you disagree with any NS votes, Psyche?

No, not really. NS isn't doing much. I disagree with any votes based on ill-thought premises.
Psyche
Psyche
he/they
Survivor
Psyche
he/they
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #473 (isolation #32) » Mon May 07, 2012 12:43 pm

Post by Psyche »

In post 472, UberNinja wrote:Well, that was a convoluted answer. So, you agree with the NS votes?

They could be on
someone better
BBM. Nothing about NS signifies anything worse than null.

Contrary to popular belief, "not doing much" is not, in itself, scummy.
Psyche
Psyche
he/they
Survivor
Psyche
he/they
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #474 (isolation #33) » Mon May 07, 2012 12:45 pm

Post by Psyche »

Ah. I suppose that's inconsistent. I'm basically saying that NS votes are understandable-and-I-would-vote-him-under-different-conditions, but not optimal.
Psyche
Psyche
he/they
Survivor
Psyche
he/they
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #476 (isolation #34) » Mon May 07, 2012 12:55 pm

Post by Psyche »

Okay. This 20Q thing gets less entertaining when questions are about something that can be inferred from my iso.
Psyche
Psyche
he/they
Survivor
Psyche
he/they
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #479 (isolation #35) » Mon May 07, 2012 1:15 pm

Post by Psyche »

God, why must you be so caustic? Such an ass?

Someone, anyone voting for redff — please to provide us a case against him. Tell me why he seems scummy in no unclear terms.
Psyche
Psyche
he/they
Survivor
Psyche
he/they
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #489 (isolation #36) » Mon May 07, 2012 2:49 pm

Post by Psyche »

In post 482, Hiraki wrote:
In post 15, redFF wrote:I just don't like Vifam. It's a policy lynch. I'm here to bust this game wide open, reactions like BBmolla's are exactly what I'm looking for.
See this?

Where's Red's vote now?

Ythan wrote:1 mb53 (redFF)

Oh, right.

On the same player.

I'm assuming this isn't
it
Psyche
Psyche
he/they
Survivor
Psyche
he/they
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #491 (isolation #37) » Mon May 07, 2012 3:46 pm

Post by Psyche »

In post 66, Hiraki wrote:
In post 13, noraaa wrote:I feel like redff wants to die.
He always does.

bbmolla wrote:Bro

He's actually liek

Trying and stuff
Pretty sure everyone expected him to try. That wasn't Pine's point.

I don't really care what he does.

noraaa wrote:1.good dodge, not good enough
I'm voting him if there's nothing good on Page 2.

Pine wrote:I'm well aware that I'm not likely to succeed in this, but I feel it is ethically appropriate to register my objection.
No offense, but this is kind of as bad as troll-Crypto. It's just personal now.

Just play the game. You could've backed out like I did.

RedFF wrote:1. What exactly am I supposed to be dodging, your insane page 1 scumhunting?
Wtf? This was an obvious attack on him.

It shows you feel threatened by an pinch of pressure.

In post 33, Vifam wrote:Not much, trying to avoid actually reading this shit because you guys are already pulling out bullets, that's never a good sign.
Explain this.

I'm confused. Even if it is a joke.

RedFF wrote:Lynching Vifam quickly gets me a few things. It gets rid of Vifam, there's a chance to hit scum, and it gets juicy reactions from people like you.

1. No shit sherlock.
2. Well when you do a policy lynch against someone who has friends in the thread, I wonder if they're going to object to it.

Hmm.

Say, anywho. Vifam, what was the last game we were in together? If you don't remember off-hand that's fine.

noraaa wrote:shit sorry guys I'll start quoting when I reply I forgot it sort of makes it hard to follow.
Just to note, this is actually better than quoting. Just if you do it with multiple people, make the necessary adjustments. Or quote. Your choice.

Unvote, Vote: RedFF

Did I ever get to how this is a comically terrible misrep of redff?
Psyche
Psyche
he/they
Survivor
Psyche
he/they
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #494 (isolation #38) » Mon May 07, 2012 3:59 pm

Post by Psyche »

Yeah. I'ma try to analyze things again before the thread gets too long...
Psyche
Psyche
he/they
Survivor
Psyche
he/they
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #504 (isolation #39) » Mon May 07, 2012 11:48 pm

Post by Psyche »

In post 502, TeChNoWC wrote:Sorry for the messy post guys, happy to clarify on anything.

What are the exact reasons redff is scummy?
Psyche
Psyche
he/they
Survivor
Psyche
he/they
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #545 (isolation #40) » Tue May 08, 2012 9:14 am

Post by Psyche »

I'm thinking BBMolla is still the superior lynch. We shouldn't let Un's carapptack derail that wagon.
Psyche
Psyche
he/they
Survivor
Psyche
he/they
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #553 (isolation #41) » Tue May 08, 2012 12:43 pm

Post by Psyche »

Mogri case is nonexistent.
Psyche
Psyche
he/they
Survivor
Psyche
he/they
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #568 (isolation #42) » Tue May 08, 2012 3:39 pm

Post by Psyche »

BBM
HIRAKI
UN
Psyche
Psyche
he/they
Survivor
Psyche
he/they
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #578 (isolation #43) » Tue May 08, 2012 5:12 pm

Post by Psyche »

Sigh. I don't care enough about D1 lynches to be too stubborn with my choices. Tomorrow just needs to give me the reads I'm stRved of!

unvote: vote redff
Psyche
Psyche
he/they
Survivor
Psyche
he/they
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #682 (isolation #44) » Wed May 09, 2012 5:38 pm

Post by Psyche »

-_-
Psyche
Psyche
he/they
Survivor
Psyche
he/they
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #698 (isolation #45) » Wed May 09, 2012 11:38 pm

Post by Psyche »

Oh, I hate being wrong. Oh, well. At least I was kn the wagon. I'll be rereadingthe thread tonight if I have time.
Psyche
Psyche
he/they
Survivor
Psyche
he/they
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #778 (isolation #46) » Fri May 11, 2012 5:19 pm

Post by Psyche »

In post 776, TeChNoWC wrote:vote for one of the two bandwagons.

Why? Deadline's far off.
Psyche
Psyche
he/they
Survivor
Psyche
he/they
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #780 (isolation #47) » Fri May 11, 2012 5:38 pm

Post by Psyche »

Eh. I'll return to this thread when I have time.
Psyche
Psyche
he/they
Survivor
Psyche
he/they
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #806 (isolation #48) » Sat May 12, 2012 10:40 am

Post by Psyche »

NS, that is not enough and hardly proactive.
Psyche
Psyche
he/they
Survivor
Psyche
he/they
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #812 (isolation #49) » Sat May 12, 2012 7:15 pm

Post by Psyche »

Well Kairyuu's entertaining.
Psyche
Psyche
he/they
Survivor
Psyche
he/they
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #819 (isolation #50) » Sun May 13, 2012 6:54 am

Post by Psyche »

In post 818, Pine wrote:I should really be VLA during finals week. Prodded

Yeah, me too. :S
Psyche
Psyche
he/they
Survivor
Psyche
he/they
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #829 (isolation #51) » Sun May 13, 2012 2:14 pm

Post by Psyche »

I
might
be able to reread the thread today.
Psyche
Psyche
he/they
Survivor
Psyche
he/they
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #922 (isolation #52) » Tue May 15, 2012 10:44 am

Post by Psyche »

In post 921, UberNinja wrote:shut up god damn
Psyche
Psyche
he/they
Survivor
Psyche
he/they
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #971 (isolation #53) » Wed May 16, 2012 9:59 am

Post by Psyche »

Exam over. Reading now.
Psyche
Psyche
he/they
Survivor
Psyche
he/they
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #982 (isolation #54) » Wed May 16, 2012 2:52 pm

Post by Psyche »

Reading this thread is hard. :(
Psyche
Psyche
he/they
Survivor
Psyche
he/they
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #1000 (isolation #55) » Wed May 16, 2012 5:13 pm

Post by Psyche »

God, I wish I was keeping up with this game!

L-2 selfvotes always seem fishy in and of themselves...
Psyche
Psyche
he/they
Survivor
Psyche
he/they
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #1002 (isolation #56) » Wed May 16, 2012 5:17 pm

Post by Psyche »

Addaboy. So, shall I?
Psyche
Psyche
he/they
Survivor
Psyche
he/they
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #1004 (isolation #57) » Wed May 16, 2012 5:18 pm

Post by Psyche »

Well. I dunno. I'm usually already on the wagon at this point.

vote TeCh
Psyche
Psyche
he/they
Survivor
Psyche
he/they
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #1020 (isolation #58) » Wed May 16, 2012 5:32 pm

Post by Psyche »

In post 1006, UberNinja wrote:
In post 1004, Psyche wrote:Well. I dunno. I'm usually already on the wagon at this point.

vote TeCh

look at this faked "townie reluctance" everyone
look it right in the face

if techno flips town i know who's fucking scum
(he's not going to flip town though)

The reluctance comes from the fact that I'm not caught up. :/
Psyche
Psyche
he/they
Survivor
Psyche
he/they
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #1079 (isolation #59) » Thu May 17, 2012 9:42 am

Post by Psyche »

In post 1047, crypto wrote:
In post 1004, Psyche wrote:Well. I dunno. I'm usually already on the wagon at this point.

vote TeCh
god what is this shit

It was an awkward situation for me!

I would have done thing if the player hadn't claimed scum. >.>
Psyche
Psyche
he/they
Survivor
Psyche
he/they
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #1080 (isolation #60) » Thu May 17, 2012 9:43 am

Post by Psyche »

nothing*
Psyche
Psyche
he/they
Survivor
Psyche
he/they
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #1132 (isolation #61) » Fri May 18, 2012 12:59 pm

Post by Psyche »

Motivation...

Actually, I feel pretty good right now. :|

Okay, let's try it. 10 pages here, ten pages there, And I'll finally be in the game.
Psyche
Psyche
he/they
Survivor
Psyche
he/they
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #1134 (isolation #62) » Fri May 18, 2012 1:03 pm

Post by Psyche »

Well, if how I feel determines what I do and people care about me doing things...
Psyche
Psyche
he/they
Survivor
Psyche
he/they
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #1142 (isolation #63) » Fri May 18, 2012 3:39 pm

Post by Psyche »

More than halfway done...

My reads yesterday were so crappy... QQ
Psyche
Psyche
he/they
Survivor
Psyche
he/they
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #1144 (isolation #64) » Fri May 18, 2012 3:52 pm

Post by Psyche »

What? NS is getting lynched?
Psyche
Psyche
he/they
Survivor
Psyche
he/they
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #1152 (isolation #65) » Fri May 18, 2012 6:08 pm

Post by Psyche »

I made it to page 47!!!

I'm pooped, though. So allow me to troll you by witholding any opinions until tomorrow.
Psyche
Psyche
he/they
Survivor
Psyche
he/they
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #1172 (isolation #66) » Sat May 19, 2012 1:44 pm

Post by Psyche »

I consistently get scumvibes from mogri. His reactions just never sit me right, you know? Through the entire thread.

I would produce some analytical discussion of his scumminess, but that'd be disingenuous. It wouldn't be
why
I find him scummy.

vote Mogri

I am going to produce some analytical post, soon, though. I'm not sure about its length/depth though. I'm full of uncertainty and near-apathy. But ai could at least explain why, though, right?
Psyche
Psyche
he/they
Survivor
Psyche
he/they
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #1173 (isolation #67) » Sat May 19, 2012 1:45 pm

Post by Psyche »

Though.
Psyche
Psyche
he/they
Survivor
Psyche
he/they
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #1186 (isolation #68) » Sun May 20, 2012 10:46 am

Post by Psyche »

Finally, I get to learn how much a gut read is worth. :|
Psyche
Psyche
he/they
Survivor
Psyche
he/they
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #1189 (isolation #69) » Sun May 20, 2012 10:56 am

Post by Psyche »

In post 1188, inte wrote:you know what? i don't particularly care about mogri, and i've already found out who the next lynch is going to be

VOTE: mogri

Why not Zoidberg?
Psyche
Psyche
he/they
Survivor
Psyche
he/they
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #1191 (isolation #70) » Sun May 20, 2012 10:59 am

Post by Psyche »

Yeah. Gut reads are poop. I suppose I need to analyze and stuff.

Damn it. After the school year ends, I'm going to hiatus and stick to studying statistical correlates to scumminess.
Psyche
Psyche
he/they
Survivor
Psyche
he/they
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #1211 (isolation #71) » Sun May 20, 2012 11:46 am

Post by Psyche »

Okay, I promise to post part one of a full opinion piece on every player before I sleep tonight. The second part will be finished tomorrow night.

By the way, does anyone know how I might archive or otherwise find some way to achieve access to all of the content of this thread when I cannot directly access the thread (when I am at school?).

Help me there, and my content will boost a lot.
Psyche
Psyche
he/they
Survivor
Psyche
he/they
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #1216 (isolation #72) » Sun May 20, 2012 11:55 am

Post by Psyche »

Crypto may be scum. But if he is...
Psyche
Psyche
he/they
Survivor
Psyche
he/they
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #1222 (isolation #73) » Sun May 20, 2012 12:21 pm

Post by Psyche »

Those are symptoms of laziness.
Psyche
Psyche
he/they
Survivor
Psyche
he/they
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #1225 (isolation #74) » Sun May 20, 2012 12:27 pm

Post by Psyche »

In post 1223, crypto wrote:eradicate your laziness or i will take it upon myself to change my win con from lynch all scum to lynch all lazy people

Kay.
Psyche
Psyche
he/they
Survivor
Psyche
he/they
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #1227 (isolation #75) » Sun May 20, 2012 12:32 pm

Post by Psyche »

In post 69, crypto wrote:Oh shit, Hiraki sided with Vifam.

UNVOTE: BBmolla
VOTE: redFF

This is it, boyz. This is war

By the way, was this a reference to a certain amazing song..?
Psyche
Psyche
he/they
Survivor
Psyche
he/they
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #1233 (isolation #76) » Sun May 20, 2012 12:52 pm

Post by Psyche »

In post 1230, crypto wrote:
In post 1227, Psyche wrote:
In post 69, crypto wrote:Oh shit, Hiraki sided with Vifam.

UNVOTE: BBmolla
VOTE: redFF

This is it, boyz. This is war

By the way, was this a reference to a certain amazing song..?
yes. currently my favorite song ever, in fact, which absolutely ruins my ability to subsequently listen to any other song because it is by far the catchiest song on earth.

YES. No one else pays attention to it, but I've been listening to it over and over again for the past 2 weeks. O.o
Psyche
Psyche
he/they
Survivor
Psyche
he/they
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #1239 (isolation #77) » Sun May 20, 2012 1:08 pm

Post by Psyche »

SOME NIGHTS.
Psyche
Psyche
he/they
Survivor
Psyche
he/they
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #1240 (isolation #78) » Sun May 20, 2012 1:18 pm

Post by Psyche »

Psyche
Psyche
he/they
Survivor
Psyche
he/they
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #1245 (isolation #79) » Sun May 20, 2012 2:03 pm

Post by Psyche »

In post 1244, UberNinja wrote:oh, it was undone because you fucks lynched mogri, which was a monumentally stupid move

congratulations.

Wow, UN. Thanks!
Psyche
Psyche
he/they
Survivor
Psyche
he/they
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #1247 (isolation #80) » Sun May 20, 2012 2:22 pm

Post by Psyche »

It won't work.
Psyche
Psyche
he/they
Survivor
Psyche
he/they
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #1249 (isolation #81) » Sun May 20, 2012 2:43 pm

Post by Psyche »

Fake?
Psyche
Psyche
he/they
Survivor
Psyche
he/they
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #1251 (isolation #82) » Sun May 20, 2012 3:52 pm

Post by Psyche »

Okay, time to blow this game apart.

Or something.
Psyche
Psyche
he/they
Survivor
Psyche
he/they
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #1253 (isolation #83) » Sun May 20, 2012 4:35 pm

Post by Psyche »

None of these are scum-lynching rationales but I accept that you guys are desperate and your votes essentially signify that you are begging me to come save you from uncertainty.

And as I said, I'm on it. Tonight. Knowing this, the vote piling isn't really a necessary or useful thing to do until I renege on my commitment. Your vote, in essence, has no meaning. You'd do better to put some effort into scumhunting with more accuracy. Or pressuring some lurker who is not as commited to posting as I am.
Psyche
Psyche
he/they
Survivor
Psyche
he/they
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #1256 (isolation #84) » Sun May 20, 2012 4:45 pm

Post by Psyche »

Do you actually think I'm scum, noraaa?
Psyche
Psyche
he/they
Survivor
Psyche
he/they
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #1257 (isolation #85) » Sun May 20, 2012 4:46 pm

Post by Psyche »

I hammered on claimed scum. My vote was more justified than anyone else's on Techno in the thread. :/
Psyche
Psyche
he/they
Survivor
Psyche
he/they
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #1258 (isolation #86) » Sun May 20, 2012 4:47 pm

Post by Psyche »

And redff was scum...
Psyche
Psyche
he/they
Survivor
Psyche
he/they
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #1259 (isolation #87) » Sun May 20, 2012 4:48 pm

Post by Psyche »

Oh, I'm confused. I hammered...who?
Psyche
Psyche
he/they
Survivor
Psyche
he/they
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #1267 (isolation #88) » Sun May 20, 2012 5:48 pm

Post by Psyche »

In post 1261, noraaa wrote:NM I just rechecked. I had it in my head that you had hammered Mogri as well.

I know for sure you hammered and you generally vote in a "eh, I guess if you guys want me to vote sure why not" sort of way. Your contributions haven't been that great. I think you very well could be scum. If you're town, you're not playing to wincon very strongly. And it's hypocritical to tell us our votes are misplaced on you and that we should be hunting when you're not really doing anything of the sort yourself. I know 50 pages is a lot to read but some of us have done so, and you've been in this game for a while. You disappear, come back with "I'll do better" and then you.. don't do much at all, and disappear, and the cycle repeats over and over.

I can't tell if you're flaking as scum or as town because you're not giving me enough to work with.

Gosh, noraa. This reasoning is so...poor. You give a critique of the quality my play and call that a justification for voting me? There's nothing there that suggests that I am scum at all.

And you totally dodged my question — unless your answer is "I don't knoooow because you haven't done much". If that is your answer, then I have to wonder why you're vote is on a null read.
Psyche
Psyche
he/they
Survivor
Psyche
he/they
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #1268 (isolation #89) » Sun May 20, 2012 5:49 pm

Post by Psyche »

In post 1262, UberNinja wrote:this ^

also, that early "oops my post got deleted", "oops my other post got deleted", "oops, my OTHER other post got deleted" bullshit is beginning to resurface in my memory

pistols at dawn.

It was a stupid reason to vote me then, and is a stupid one now. :|
Psyche
Psyche
he/they
Survivor
Psyche
he/they
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #1269 (isolation #90) » Sun May 20, 2012 5:50 pm

Post by Psyche »

(And I mean REALLY stupid. Like it-got-me-angry stupid.)
Psyche
Psyche
he/they
Survivor
Psyche
he/they
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #1270 (isolation #91) » Sun May 20, 2012 5:54 pm

Post by Psyche »

But I can see why you guys are reaching. It's hard to find a good target in this thread, and thus the perfect time to lynch players who aren't necessarily scummy but haven't done crap.
Psyche
Psyche
he/they
Survivor
Psyche
he/they
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #1272 (isolation #92) » Sun May 20, 2012 6:13 pm

Post by Psyche »

In post 1271, UberNinja wrote:
In post 1270, Psyche wrote:But I can see why you guys are reaching. It's hard to find a good target in this thread, and thus the perfect time to lynch players who aren't necessarily scummy but haven't done crap.

I'm not sure how this is supposed to be a defense. But OK.

Vote for Nobody Special.

I might've but since you put it that way, I no longer feel like it. Umad?
Psyche
Psyche
he/they
Survivor
Psyche
he/they
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #1274 (isolation #93) » Sun May 20, 2012 6:19 pm

Post by Psyche »

petapan is fine, but potentially redff's scumbud because of the PURE inanity of 665. He initially seems to have been trying to derail the redff wagon with a mogri alternative, but 1153 suggests sincerity.

BK immediately demonstrates that he is on an entirely different wavelength from the rest of us in his first post by voting noraaa for posting for the sake of posting. That makes reading him hard. I still have a null read on him. 

Kairyuu is okay. We'll get more from him.

Crypto is frustrating and I have a bad feeling about him. Despite his...consistent presence in the thread, he doesn't do much. He doesn't engage in analysis, he "fosters the development of the game". However, that seems to be trait of crypto's and I can't say admuch for that. I would expect less or more from him, though, again given his consistent presence in the thread. 

Hiraki sat on the redff wagon without really ever justifying his vote, except for one huge misrep of everything he said. But other than that, he's fine.

Inte, like BK, is on some alternate wavelength. His posts read as pseudointerested scum. He doesn't try scumhunting like BK does, and is far too involved to be a lazy lurker. He voted NS "until I get some analysis done" but all his analysis is pretty sparse. But his ineffectuality doesn't imply any scum motivation. I mean he never "wants to explain" things.  He's participated a lot in the thread, but his play's been just mehful. 
211 can be appraised as a noncommital redff defense (nbd), and his wagon on bbmolla on 332 after my case is the worst of that episode.

Matias's early good eye on redff rules him out as a redff scumbud (unless some poor gambit was pulled). But he gets put off when he votes for Blonde Doctor. The vote makes complete sense, though, psychologically, to me. His pointing out of inanity in UN's initial vote for me seems pretty town to me and his express acknowledgement of uncertainty strikes me as legit. After than, he becomes a lurker. A probtown lurker.

mb53 worked to derail to redff wagon in favor of inte, arguing several times that redff was an insufficient target.  Not necessarily a scumtell, ofc. Maybe he thought inte was scum. But he eventually flips completely on redff for...reasons. 
But CF Riot basically confirms himself as town with the ol' "genuine c/p of extensive scumhunting from notepad" trick. 

NS is like inte, but not as bad. But in another way, he's worse. I'd be okayy with lynching him. CF Riot gave a decent rationale for it.

Noraaa's really nice and her posts are really nice, but none of her posts completely scream townie. She could do better at choosing players to tunnel on, but all of her choices seem pretty genuine. I don't think my read on her will ever change from town. 

Pine's early vote is mehful and seems like an excuse to not do much. But then his whole iso is like that. I want mooore! I tend to always find pine hard to read and always get scumvibes from him. This game is no exception. But still no PING, you know? And I'm pretty empathetic about the exam concerns.

And damned UN. He's not dying today. But I can't get myself to like him. Every post is so consistently repugnant. Oh, well. I'm not a Day Vig, I'll go ahead and tell you.

Bah. This all sucks. Why can't I be better at this? (And why am I asking as if one of you know the secret to improvement?)

I'm in the game now, and I'm not going to drop out. I
will
get my solid scumread one way or another.

I'll start by
voting inte
. Some meta work would help me develop my read on him, so I'll get to that. I've never had much success with the practice, though, tbh.
Psyche
Psyche
he/they
Survivor
Psyche
he/they
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #1276 (isolation #94) » Sun May 20, 2012 6:22 pm

Post by Psyche »

In post 1273, crypto wrote:all game you have been devoid of both effort and intellect and you are now putting your uselessness and laziness on a pedestal. don't be a cunt.

But you're sooo good at motivating such maladaptive behaviors. Don't you see it? Posts like this one are
antagonizing
and annoying.

And so, yes, expect me to be a
total
cunt in relevant situations as this game continues.
Psyche
Psyche
he/they
Survivor
Psyche
he/they
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #1278 (isolation #95) » Sun May 20, 2012 6:26 pm

Post by Psyche »

Oh, wow. Sorry for the moodiness, there, guys. :S

I was just isoing UN, you see. It was...affecting, you know?
Psyche
Psyche
he/they
Survivor
Psyche
he/they
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #1280 (isolation #96) » Sun May 20, 2012 6:36 pm

Post by Psyche »

Pfft.
Psyche
Psyche
he/they
Survivor
Psyche
he/they
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #1282 (isolation #97) » Sun May 20, 2012 7:33 pm

Post by Psyche »

In post 1281, UberNinja wrote:Annoying and rude as Psyche is being, he is actually a distant second to Nobody Special.

Mostly because I've been trying to get NS lynched for days and there seems to be a vast right wing conspiracy to keep him alive for some goddamn reason.

Right. Right. Annoying and rude.

I remember the hulk guy noting this, too. And seriously, I have nothing strong to go off of, so why not that?

vote NS
Psyche
Psyche
he/they
Survivor
Psyche
he/they
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #1286 (isolation #98) » Mon May 21, 2012 12:13 am

Post by Psyche »

Is
this
all Pine needs to do to get you guys off his back? Weak speculation and groundless voting?
Psyche
Psyche
he/they
Survivor
Psyche
he/they
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #1325 (isolation #99) » Mon May 21, 2012 10:54 am

Post by Psyche »

In post 1289, Pine wrote:
In post 399, Pine wrote:
In post 385, Psyche wrote:Your attack is pathetic and offensive and fuck you. Good luck at the whole "lynching me" thing from that.

This is a pretty solid scumpost. Was on the fence on you, Psyche, thanks for clearing it up.

Unvote

Not groundless.

Psyche, for your future scumgames, it is a pretty clear signal that you're scum if you get all blustery and pompous when someone attacks you. Attacking the person instead of their arguments, or simply soldiering on and letting your scumhunting do the talking, is the sign of weak scum.

Okay, so once you lynch me or find out my role some other way, be sure to remember that what you just said here is incorrect.
Psyche
Psyche
he/they
Survivor
Psyche
he/they
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #1326 (isolation #100) » Mon May 21, 2012 10:55 am

Post by Psyche »

Don't forget. I want you to realize just how poor your idea of what counts as a scumtell is wrong. That is very important for your future games.

You, too, NS.
Psyche
Psyche
he/they
Survivor
Psyche
he/they
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #1328 (isolation #101) » Mon May 21, 2012 10:58 am

Post by Psyche »

In post 1305, noraaa wrote:
In post 1270, Psyche wrote:But I can see why you guys are reaching. It's hard to find a good target in this thread, and thus the perfect time to lynch players who aren't necessarily scummy but haven't done crap.

I thought I made it perfectly clear that the way you've been acting IS scummy, but not scummy enough to know your alignment for sure, and muddied by your inability to stay in the thread for long at a time.

The way you vote people seems very go with the flow, you don't bring a lot of your own brainwork to the table.

crypto- you seem more town than scum but I'm wary of you. Is that good enough for you?

UN- don't act like you're the only one who has been trying to get NS all game. I totally agree with crypto's latest assessment about the paranoia of NS being a townie who doesn't give a fuck. Which annoys me because I don't get the point of joining a game you aren't willing to play.

But I feel that way about several players at this point. I want to shake them and force them to play.

Where has Matias been, he keeps going awol as of late. And Kairyuu has been pretty awol as well the last few days.

I haven't been playing! What do you expect my play to be like?

Calling me lazy and pointing out instances where I have been lazy just isn't scumhunting, just isn't pointing out scumtells.

I had exaams. I had a drop in motivation to plaay. Feel free to call this "just a bunch of excuses" and continue your poor train of reasoning, but it is not going to turn out in a scumlynch and it definitely is not going to turn out as a reasonable lynch.
Psyche
Psyche
he/they
Survivor
Psyche
he/they
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #1329 (isolation #102) » Mon May 21, 2012 11:01 am

Post by Psyche »

Okay, note to self: "There seems to have been a lot of unwillingness to lynch Player X even though the idea has been pushed a lot" does NOT work as reason to lynch someone.
Psyche
Psyche
he/they
Survivor
Psyche
he/they
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #1331 (isolation #103) » Mon May 21, 2012 11:15 am

Post by Psyche »

In post 1289, Pine wrote:
In post 399, Pine wrote:

Unvote

Not groundless.

Psyche, for your future scumgames, it is a pretty clear signal that you're scum if you get all blustery and pompous when someone attacks you. Attacking the person instead of their arguments, or simply soldiering on and letting your scumhunting do the talking, is the sign of weak scum.

Okay, let me try to point out where you are wrong.

First off, as I think we learned from this game, overreaction to an attack is not a scumtell.

Second, I did attack UN's argument. I not only called it incredibly stupid, but I explained why after realizing that there was somehow not a consensus regarding this fact.

And I don't think I "soldiered on" much or whatever after doing this. I lost track of the thread.

You've "justified" your vote, but you justified it with an argument that is both fallacious and reliant on false premises.
Psyche
Psyche
he/they
Survivor
Psyche
he/they
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #1335 (isolation #104) » Mon May 21, 2012 1:27 pm

Post by Psyche »

In post 1334, UberNinja wrote:CF Riot is town. Matias is looking scummier for some reason I can't put my finger on.

Pine continues to be scummy, but I like his Psyche vote.

Okay. This reads as scummy opportunism. Please justify your vote with reasoning.
Psyche
Psyche
he/they
Survivor
Psyche
he/they
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #1337 (isolation #105) » Mon May 21, 2012 1:34 pm

Post by Psyche »

vote UN
Psyche
Psyche
he/they
Survivor
Psyche
he/they
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #1339 (isolation #106) » Mon May 21, 2012 3:21 pm

Post by Psyche »

In post 1338, Hiraki wrote:zzzzz

pyschecrysomemoar

zzz

And..?
Psyche
Psyche
he/they
Survivor
Psyche
he/they
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #1343 (isolation #107) » Mon May 21, 2012 5:17 pm

Post by Psyche »

In post 1341, noraaa wrote:
In post 1333, Matias wrote: but seriously, slow the fucking lynching down, everyone.

agreed

Psyche- how are you not getting it through your brain that I'm telling you that the way you vote is scummy.

It's not JUST about the lack of content. But yeah, I'm sorry, that's shitty as well. And you can call my reasoning weak all you want. THE WAY YOU VOTE IS SCUMMY.

X.X

I already explained why you're wrong. I suppose there isn't much else to do than repeat again that you are wrong and your reasoning is wrong for previously explained reasons. If you choose to persist in this thinking despite this, then it's not my fault — I've done all I can do.

Just really be sure to try and learn from your mistakes so that your scumdar might be better in other games I decide to care about.
Psyche
Psyche
he/they
Survivor
Psyche
he/they
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #1345 (isolation #108) » Mon May 21, 2012 5:38 pm

Post by Psyche »

In post 1340, CF Riot wrote:
In post 1337, Psyche wrote:
vote UN

Blatant OMGUS. Also, cool post number.

Hikari, you're not off the hook just because we lynched someone else. Address 1324 and 1311, pretty please with sugar.

Two things —
1. Do you reallynthink I voted for UN just because I'm distressed that he voted for me?
2. If so, why do you find this notable?

I don't know why, but we seem to be on different wavelengths this game. Nothing is getting through. Things are getting construed as scummy that are really just neutral events. Maybe I've gotten into a wrong style of defending that somehow elicits misleading affective response.

There has to be some hidden reason behind this.

Maybe if I knew a bit more social psychology, I'd understand better why. Maybe I should take even attacks I find evidently stupid seriously. That does seem to get me into trouble, sometimes — me not taking poor attacks seriously.

But I'm doing it now to little avail. Probably because impressions about me have already ben formed, I guess. I would just try the ever reliable tactic of turning over a new leaf and presenting a distinctively better personality to be judged, but I'm about as much out of ammo as everyone else here. I'm pooped and disinterested and I have no idea anymore of what a scum even looks like!
Psyche
Psyche
he/they
Survivor
Psyche
he/they
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #1347 (isolation #109) » Mon May 21, 2012 5:52 pm

Post by Psyche »

In post 1346, noraaa wrote:why is my feeling that your voting is scummy bad reasoning?

In post 1346, noraaa wrote:why is my feeling that your voting is scummy bad reasoning?

If you put it in terms of "feelings", then it isn't reasoning at all. But your opinion isn't, at least explicitly, a feeling, but a belief derived through conscious reasoning.

You say of my posts —
"The way you vote people seems very go with the flow, you don't bring a lot of your own brainwork to the table"

This is bad reasoning because it assumes that something is a scumtell that isn't. You lack explanation of
why
this is scummy, why my laziness is so distinctive from the general laziness faced by both townies and scum that one might reasonably call it "scummy laziness".

I committed a wrong to you guys by neglecting this game. That much is obvious. But my wrong is something generic — not specific to some alliance.

Your idea is that your opinion on my votes is different from your opinion on my general contribution of the thread, but you fail to see what might be an obvious positive correlation between 1) a player's critical attentiveness to the thread and 2) the individuality, quality, and initiative that can be found in that player's posts.

Again, you're calling me out for being lazy instead of for being scum. If you want to punish me for being a lurker, that's fine. I plead guilt. But if you want to lynch scum, your argument is insufficient and your goal won't be achieved by lynching me.

Was that clear? I'm trying hard to be clear.
Psyche
Psyche
he/they
Survivor
Psyche
he/they
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #1349 (isolation #110) » Mon May 21, 2012 6:01 pm

Post by Psyche »

Oh, great. I try so hard to make you laugh, UN. You really have no idea.

But the whole "respond to posts by laughing" thing that you seem to do often in this thread instead something more...effectual. Don't you think you could do that along with prducing a more thorough explanation of your, er, thinking?
Psyche
Psyche
he/they
Survivor
Psyche
he/they
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #1355 (isolation #111) » Mon May 21, 2012 7:06 pm

Post by Psyche »

In post 1351, noraaa wrote:Psyche, I think it's clear (lol) that you're struggling to be understood. I struggle with that similarly, and with you in particular.. I think we hit walls because we think in different styles.

HOWever. You can replace the word feeling with whatever appropriate similar word would make it better for you. What I'm trying to say basically is that throughout this game, you have voted for very poor reasons (if stated). It seemed that if someone said Hey Psyche, vote this guy or Hey Psyche, vote someone randomly right this second, you would do it. And that doesn't sit well with me. You don't seem to make most of your votes for reasons that MATTER to YOU and I don't think a lazy townsman would make that kind of judgement call.

O.o

I voted for BBMolla after making a wallpost case on it.

Redff I voted because of a coming deadline.

Tech stinkin' claimed scum before I voted him.

My mogri vote couldn't be developed because of the reasoning behind it.

And then we have today where I admit my generalized uncertainty.

I think that minimally, even as a lazy ass, I might work to do things like ensure that the day doesn't end in a no lynch, vote for players who claim scum, and give at least some input into the game.

I did exactly what a lazy player who still wanted to be IN the game would do.
Psyche
Psyche
he/they
Survivor
Psyche
he/they
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #1362 (isolation #112) » Tue May 22, 2012 12:02 am

Post by Psyche »

In post 1360, noraaa wrote:
In post 1355, Psyche wrote:
In post 1351, noraaa wrote:Psyche, I think it's clear (lol) that you're struggling to be understood. I struggle with that similarly, and with you in particular.. I think we hit walls because we think in different styles.

HOWever. You can replace the word feeling with whatever appropriate similar word would make it better for you. What I'm trying to say basically is that throughout this game, you have voted for very poor reasons (if stated). It seemed that if someone said Hey Psyche, vote this guy or Hey Psyche, vote someone randomly right this second, you would do it. And that doesn't sit well with me. You don't seem to make most of your votes for reasons that MATTER to YOU and I don't think a lazy townsman would make that kind of judgement call.

O.o

I voted for BBMolla after making a wallpost case on it.

Redff I voted because of a coming deadline.

Tech stinkin' claimed scum before I voted him.

My mogri vote couldn't be developed because of the reasoning behind it.

And then we have today where I admit my generalized uncertainty.

I think that minimally, even as a lazy ass, I might work to do things like ensure that the day doesn't end in a no lynch, vote for players who claim scum, and give at least some input into the game.

I did exactly what a lazy player who still wanted to be IN the game would do.

I lied. Bed after this.

Game won't end in a nolynch and you should be well aware of that.
Voting because of a deadline when you HAVEN'T READ is not really optimal play. If I hadn't read I would say so and catch up before voting unless it was within 5 hours but hey that's me.

Techno you're right, he did claim scum and looked shifty as fuck, but you basically seemed to say "oh fuck they want me to vote and he's throwing it at me ok sure" and I really never got the feeling that you did much thinking about it beyond that. Nor with your hammer of red. "oh shit ok I'll hammer if you want me to"

No clue what you're saying about Mogri.

Okay, we seem to be reading different threads. You have your facts wrong.

I
had
read the thread when I voted for redff. I did not hammer red; someone else did.

And no, I did not do much thinking beyond, "Okay, I don't need to read the thread; he just claimed scum." That's not what lazy people do — lazy people look for shortcuts. I didn't vote him because players wanted me to – I haven't done that once this game.

UN's vote on noraaa also reads as shifty. Hiraki's for me has no content or reasoning for it, so I'll just call it dumb.
Psyche
Psyche
he/they
Survivor
Psyche
he/they
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #1373 (isolation #113) » Tue May 22, 2012 9:39 am

Post by Psyche »

In post 1363, noraaa wrote:Ungh I keep forgetting there were two votes after you, fuck. My assessment of the weirdness of you voting seeminglyjust because still stands, that was how I felt at the time. And deadlines mean squat in this game. I'm sick of talking about the same thing over and over so let's just agree to disagree about how we saw your voting.

I should combine thoughts more when I'm tired but the thoughts come in waves and I don't want to hold the thread up wondering if I might consider something else in a few more minutes.

I'll agree with you that your vote is groundless and thus subject to as much criticism as a favorite ice cream flavor.

In post 1371, CF Riot wrote:
In post 1345, Psyche wrote:
Two things —
1. Do you reallynthink I voted for UN just because I'm distressed that he voted for me?
2. If so, why do you find this notable?
I get that UN didn't expressly write out his reason for voting you when you asked for it, so I'm sure that's what you're justifying your vote with in your head. However I feel like because UN had expressed suspicion of you earlier in the game, and because he mentioned agreeing with Pine, that his vote is not devoid of any reasons and you are smart enough to realize this. So that means either town-Psyche let his emotions outweigh his rational judgement, thus OMGUS, or scum-Psyche OMGUSed for basically the same reason with the added detail of scum are more likely to use weak reasoning to vote someone than town because town can always vote for the person they think is scummiest, while sometimes the scummiest people are other scum's teammates.

Hiraki is just straight up ignoring me. I'm tired of asking. Someone else besides me take note of this though.

In post 1363, noraaa wrote:My assessment of the weirdness of [Psyche] voting seemingly just because still stands, that was how I felt at the time.
Nora, do you not get this same impression from Inte, BK, and/or Pine?

I recently noted that I had no strong scum reads. Don't you think that might make me more willing to shift my vote under moderately scummy circumstances?

Besides, UN, despite all his talk, truly never did justify his vote that I haven't sufficiently derided. For example, to justify his vote by Pine's reasoning, he'd have to explain why my defense against his reasoning was insufficient.
Psyche
Psyche
he/they
Survivor
Psyche
he/they
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #1375 (isolation #114) » Tue May 22, 2012 10:14 am

Post by Psyche »

In post 1374, CF Riot wrote:So why aren't you voting Pine instead of Uber? Or Hiraki? Or Inte?

I don't see any reason to.
Psyche
Psyche
he/they
Survivor
Psyche
he/they
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #1383 (isolation #115) » Tue May 22, 2012 2:26 pm

Post by Psyche »

In post 1377, Pine wrote:Because Psyche is using his vote as a weapon, to either scare people off his wagon or start one that will distract from it. He's not actually been consistently voting serious scumreads, which indicates he doesn't really have any.

Didn't I explicitly say that I don't have any serious scumreads?
Psyche
Psyche
he/they
Survivor
Psyche
he/they
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #1384 (isolation #116) » Tue May 22, 2012 2:26 pm

Post by Psyche »

I'll deal with noraaa's post later.
Psyche
Psyche
he/they
Survivor
Psyche
he/they
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #1416 (isolation #117) » Wed May 23, 2012 2:01 pm

Post by Psyche »

Why?
Psyche
Psyche
he/they
Survivor
Psyche
he/they
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #1418 (isolation #118) » Wed May 23, 2012 2:41 pm

Post by Psyche »

"Entire" is an overstatement.
Psyche
Psyche
he/they
Survivor
Psyche
he/they
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #1420 (isolation #119) » Wed May 23, 2012 3:16 pm

Post by Psyche »

Yes,it kinda is. O.o
Psyche
Psyche
he/they
Survivor
Psyche
he/they
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #1428 (isolation #120) » Wed May 23, 2012 4:41 pm

Post by Psyche »

In post 1421, Pine wrote:There was a part of the game where Matias was active and engaged on a consistent basis? Enlighten me.

Moving the goalposts.
Psyche
Psyche
he/they
Survivor
Psyche
he/they
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #1443 (isolation #121) » Thu May 24, 2012 10:08 am

Post by Psyche »

I'm just pretty confident in my townread of matias.
Psyche
Psyche
he/they
Survivor
Psyche
he/they
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #1461 (isolation #122) » Thu May 24, 2012 1:07 pm

Post by Psyche »

Sup, guys!

Three day Memorial Day weekend coming.

I will have this game more deeply analyzed by its end.

That is all.
Psyche
Psyche
he/they
Survivor
Psyche
he/they
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #1473 (isolation #123) » Fri May 25, 2012 12:41 pm

Post by Psyche »

In post 1470, CF Riot wrote:
In post 1465, Ythan wrote:
BK201 has been prodded.
This post was made Fri May 25, 2012 12:15 am. BK's post search shows activity both immediately before and after this post was made, and also around noon forum time today he stopped in to post in 2 other games he's in, but not ours. This leads me to believe he's avoiding the thread, so I'm down with a BK vote. I also noticed Psyche has been consistently active on the site while shirking doing his reread for us, but it's mostly in mishmash games and random bs, not game activity, so it seems less scum-lurking and more Psyche being Psyche.

Matias, why just BK? There's got to be more than one scum left, so why only one scumspect?

Vote: BK

Well, you see, I used the random bs as a short break between my school work. I'm still undergoing exams for school.
Psyche
Psyche
he/they
Survivor
Psyche
he/they
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #1477 (isolation #124) » Fri May 25, 2012 2:45 pm

Post by Psyche »

That's more of a matter of immoderation.
Psyche
Psyche
he/they
Survivor
Psyche
he/they
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #1479 (isolation #125) » Fri May 25, 2012 3:05 pm

Post by Psyche »

I do admit to having certain problems.

Those are being fixed. >.>
Psyche
Psyche
he/they
Survivor
Psyche
he/they
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #1482 (isolation #126) » Fri May 25, 2012 6:20 pm

Post by Psyche »

In post 872, BK201 wrote:
In post 264, Mogri wrote:
In post 244, Major Minor wrote:This is really, really bad. You see, mb53? THIS is opportunistic wagon hopping where timing is an actual argument.

Oh yup that's totally what I did.

This entire redFF wagon is scummy.

Really?
Really?
You think the
entire
redFF wagon is scummy?

When he flips scum, I'm parking my vote on you.

857 conf scum flailing. after this we should lynch NS or inti.
@Hiraki: NS is unreadable to me and I don't want that

Hey guys, I recently learned that in the last 100 times during a Large Normal that a Townie was accused of flailing, nearly 50% of those accusations were made by scum!

And now I have a reason to vote for someone.

vote BK
Psyche
Psyche
he/they
Survivor
Psyche
he/they
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #1483 (isolation #127) » Fri May 25, 2012 6:21 pm

Post by Psyche »

I'ma be honest and admit that it was 42.5%.
Psyche
Psyche
he/they
Survivor
Psyche
he/they
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #1485 (isolation #128) » Fri May 25, 2012 7:13 pm

Post by Psyche »

Well, yes. I guess I'm reachingbtoo hard to apply my findings in a real-world environment?
Psyche
Psyche
he/they
Survivor
Psyche
he/they
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #1486 (isolation #129) » Fri May 25, 2012 7:14 pm

Post by Psyche »

Or poorly. But I don't think so. There are loads of other reasons to vote BK.
Psyche
Psyche
he/they
Survivor
Psyche
he/they
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #1491 (isolation #130) » Sat May 26, 2012 6:27 am

Post by Psyche »

In post 1490, Hiraki wrote:
In post 1484, CF Riot wrote:Wait wut? Did you really just do that?
SCUMBUD ALERTTTTTTTTT

Oh, is CF not in the mood to elaborate on his change of heart?
Psyche
Psyche
he/they
Survivor
Psyche
he/they
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #1493 (isolation #131) » Sat May 26, 2012 7:29 am

Post by Psyche »

Mine or his or both?

It's mine, isn't it? :cry:
Psyche
Psyche
he/they
Survivor
Psyche
he/they
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #1495 (isolation #132) » Sat May 26, 2012 9:29 am

Post by Psyche »

I'm preetty sure most tells have the reliability of a coinflip. That's quite a bit better than random.

But it's certainly not contrived. I believe what I said. I'm not quite sure of the reliability of lynching players for other reasons, but I'll be sure to find out as I continue my research program.

The thing is, I'm probably more justifiably certain that my reasons for voting BK are solid than you are.

Well, I'm sure they are, since I'm town and you're voting for me.
Psyche
Psyche
he/they
Survivor
Psyche
he/they
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #1498 (isolation #133) » Sat May 26, 2012 10:02 am

Post by Psyche »

If 3/12, then 25%
If 4/12, then 33%
Psyche
Psyche
he/they
Survivor
Psyche
he/they
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #1507 (isolation #134) » Sat May 26, 2012 11:58 am

Post by Psyche »

Opportunistic?

I just did a search for flailing and looked for which ones were useful within the framework of what I know. :X

And then the other stuff just reads as reading comprehension fail. Probably due to the drop in context that come with isoing?
Psyche
Psyche
he/they
Survivor
Psyche
he/they
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #1509 (isolation #135) » Sat May 26, 2012 12:35 pm

Post by Psyche »

But that's not how it's supposed to work...

When younpost an attack, I'm supposed to explain why your attack is flawed. Then you have to explain why my defense is flawed. That's how the game works. You can't deny the mechanisms of the game...
Psyche
Psyche
he/they
Survivor
Psyche
he/they
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #1513 (isolation #136) » Sat May 26, 2012 2:48 pm

Post by Psyche »

I think I'll have my analysis done tonight instead of on Monday!

I feel really good, you see. Efficacious.
Psyche
Psyche
he/they
Survivor
Psyche
he/they
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #1522 (isolation #137) » Sun May 27, 2012 12:55 am

Post by Psyche »

In post 1515, CF Riot wrote:No way. How is no one else having a red flag reaction to Psyche's BK vote? He's lying, in an obvious manner. For the purpose of self-preservation. Does anyone really think Psyche actually looked through 100 different posts in past normal games to get this info? Here's another question, how did you come up with 42.5 percent out of 100 cases? Was one of the people half a scum? What about this 3 or 4 scum post? Where are those numbers coming from? Your math was wrong anyways because the denominator should be 11 not 12 but that's beside the point.

Am I really the only one bothered by this? UN why is this stupid?

Dude, my research is posted in the MD forum. >.>
Psyche
Psyche
he/they
Survivor
Psyche
he/they
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #1523 (isolation #138) » Sun May 27, 2012 12:58 am

Post by Psyche »

Anyhow, sorry, I fell asleep last night. As soon as I get back from church I'll fine tune what I have and post it.
Psyche
Psyche
he/they
Survivor
Psyche
he/they
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #1527 (isolation #139) » Sun May 27, 2012 2:50 pm

Post by Psyche »

I'm beginning to find that accusing OMGUS is a towntell. That correlates pretty well with who has accused OMGUS so far in this game, and predicts that Kairyuu, UN and CF Riot are town. UN! Hm.

I'm not going to follow those predictions religiously, of course. I'm just saying. Besides, I won't really have any good idea of how strong a tell it is until my study is finished.

Analysis coming up.
Psyche
Psyche
he/they
Survivor
Psyche
he/they
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #1528 (isolation #140) » Sun May 27, 2012 3:42 pm

Post by Psyche »

I'm reallt proud of myself, guys. Because of how frequently Pine accused players of flailing (more than anyone else in the study!), my flailing accusation study constitutes a meta. Bwahaha.

A little longer...
Psyche
Psyche
he/they
Survivor
Psyche
he/they
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #1529 (isolation #141) » Sun May 27, 2012 4:35 pm

Post by Psyche »

People who are basically town:
Me
CF
Matias
D3f3nd3r (I'm calling him D3 now!)

Just about basically:
noraaa
UN*
petapan (for 1153)

WOOT! 7 of 12!

*pending the results of my study

Now for the next five!

BK, again, is weird, and has been consistently weird in all of the games I've played with him. He doesn't ever play as if he is conscious of what constitutes bad play, and I'm unsure of what he'll do differently as scum. I can't not have a null tell on him. He's been a consistent presence on all of the bad wagons, but with little argument and just-enough commitment. But that really is just how BK rolls, so I'm unsure of it. His wagoning on my BB case was the scummiest that occurred. 

But yes, the pattern is SO consistent that I'm unwilling to attribute it to chance. 

And then he accused someone we now know is town of flailing. My study suggests that, though we tend not to detect it, accusations of flailing are disproportionately used by scum as a rhetorical device to get town dead. Statistically speaking, his accusation is a bona fide scumtell, and for me, tips the scale.

I can't say I'm superconfident that BK will turn out to be scum, because he really is a walking outlier. And 42.5% really isn't definitive. But I think all our tells as a whole case are sufficient for a lynch. 

Pine!
151 reads as town.

Should've been pressed to explain 286 where he said BlondeDoctor was giving off newbie scumtells. Could you do that now, Pine?

399 vote for me kinda sucks. Pine fails to justify his vote, but I admit it was implied.

725 vote for mogri, reason why: "I agree". Eh.

863—
In post 863, Pine wrote:
In post 857, Mogri wrote:I'll give you three
great
reasons why my wagon is bad:

1. I'm town.
2. No one has been able to clearly articulate an argument for my lynch.
3. There are other players for whom there is much better evidence.

And really, what better argument could there be? The people voting for me are even lazier than I am. I've got one guy voting for me because I don't really care who replaced whom, I've got other guys voting for me because that's who they were voting for yesterday, and I have others still voting for who knows what reason. Sign me up. I'm convinced.

^Scumpost

Reason 1 can't be independently substantiated, discard it.
Reason 2 stinks of "caught for the wrong reasons," discard it.
Reason 3 is a nonspecific "anyone but me" cry. If he'd advocated someone specific, that might've been convincing. Discard it.
Reason 4 (lazy voters) is laced heavily with overtly defensive, and again nonspecific, sarcasm. Discard it and burn it with fire.

Ugh. The defense is taken too seriously by pine and just labeled as a "scumpost" without justification.

In my flailing accusation study, Pine was the one who accused players of flailing the most liberally, and this post reminds me a lot of it. His label of mogri's posts as a scumpost without justification reads just like his repeated accusations of down-going players of flailing. In 7 of the 10 cases, the player accused was town.
In those 7 cases, only ONCE was Pine town.
(only 4 of Pine's accusations were by Town)

Because of this, I'm VERY inclined to think that Pine is scum.

I can't find anything scummy about crypto, but his posts stink.
But then again, so did mogris. I'm not trusting bad vibes until I do a study on them.

I sympathize with his expressed incapacity to get a latch on the game. Would scum complain in that way? I have no idea.

I can't get a hold on him. If he's scum, we're all doomed.

Hiraki!
I hope this goes better.

In 309, he forgets why he's voting for redff, but doesn't reiterate why

Hiraki overdoes it. His accusations include LOADS of false positives, which is something to investigate via meta. I predict, though, that it'll show up as a consistent aspect of his playstyle. His earnest declarations of other players' townhood reads as a buddying technique that I've used before. 

Suspicious, but.(..)

I'm bored...
Psyche
Psyche
he/they
Survivor
Psyche
he/they
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #1530 (isolation #142) » Sun May 27, 2012 4:37 pm

Post by Psyche »

Sigh. Deadline June 4th...

unvote; vote Pine

I'm much more sure that Pine is scum.
Psyche
Psyche
he/they
Survivor
Psyche
he/they
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #1545 (isolation #143) » Mon May 28, 2012 2:39 am

Post by Psyche »

In post 1540, CF Riot wrote:Wow Psyche. Wow. You really went and did it. I'm floored that you really put in all that effort.

I don't care. The original BK vote, in context, is IMO the single scummiest post of this game. The fact that I'm the only one reacting this way about it bothers me, but that's honestly how I feel. I note that the MD topic came after the post in this thread, and his data there still said town says flail more often than scum says flail and yet he uses this as a reason to vote BK. I've sat and thought about it, and I really cannot see any reasonable scenario in which if town hits lylo I won't want to vote for Psyche.

Honestly, BK is a great vote. In another circumstance, I would probably still be on the wagon, but I can't let this go. I doubt I will switch my vote today.

You're pretty mistaken. :|

I'm pretty sure I posted the thread after that post. Let me check...
Sat May 26, 2012 4:09 pm
Sat May 26, 2012 1:20 am

The first one is my post in MD.

Okay, I was wrong. Of course, I also posted an incomplete version of my data in [REDACTED] a number of days before that.

That's weird. Totally goes against what I remember. I feel a little strange now.
But do you reallly think I did that whole study JUST for this game?
Because that is what you're implying.

I seriously just looked up flailing in the thread to see what juicy results would come up. BK's is the only juicy result.

You seem to be misreading my data. It says that when a player accuses a town of flailing, that player is disproportionately more likely to be scum. It is actually the biggest scumtell that I discovered. The fact that mogri is town means I'm able to consider BK's vote within that context and thus have a MUST stronger tell on him.

In post 1531, Matias wrote:Er, do you have meta on BK being an outlier? (if you already posted it, point me to it, I'm still away from home)

Oh, no. Just quite a bit of experience. Some of that experience might include ongoings, which includes this one. His first post here is testament to that fact.

In post 1532, Pine wrote:Nope, not scum. Just disinterested with this game. Diablo 3 and whipping Town's ass at DC Universe mafia.

zzzz

If I was calling you scum for being disinterested, that'd be enough of a defense.

In post 1534, BK201 wrote:@Psyche, Well I didn't know you think my play is always weird, but it's probably b/c I'm still have much to learn. Also I like your vote on Pine much more than myself, but what do you think of Inte?

P-edit, Pine is 1 of the 2 players I have scum reads on.

Oh, don't worry. That's what makes you unique! And unboring.

I've always had a negative read on inte, but so far, I can only compare its substance to that I had on mogri — gut. Which I doubt the usefulness of.

In post 1535, Pine wrote:Uberninja, in my opinion there's only one effective scumtell that is consistent with me. If I'm heavily involved in a game and seem to be obsessed, it's because I'm scum and totally preoccupied. I don't like being Town. I prefer scum.

That strike you as applying to this game?

I don't really see a real case on BK. It's weaksauce, and seems to have gained strength as a counterwagon to the correct lynch for today, Psyche.

:/

That would explain away why 6/7 of his flailing accusations on town occur when he is scum.

However, he accused flailing as town 4/10 times, which is pretty close to half. I'm thinking this is disingenuous posting, but I can be sure.

In post 1538, noraaa wrote:Psyche is basically saying BK is another NS. Which bothers me but I think Psyche is scummy so I won't let it really grab me hard.

Pine has legit said "I am town" and now is telling us exactly how he plays as scum. I find that really weird.

No, crypto is like NS. BK is like inte.

I am not scummy. You all are mistaken.
Psyche
Psyche
he/they
Survivor
Psyche
he/they
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #1546 (isolation #144) » Mon May 28, 2012 2:40 am

Post by Psyche »

*MUCH stronger tell on him

Though in reality, it's about 7% stronger.
Psyche
Psyche
he/they
Survivor
Psyche
he/they
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #1547 (isolation #145) » Mon May 28, 2012 3:30 am

Post by Psyche »

(still amounting to a ~20% tell, mind you)

Also,
The fact that I'm the only one reacting this way about it bothers me

I would like to remind everyone that we learned from THIS:
In post 1327, Ythan wrote:
Vote Count

7 Nobody Special (crypto, inte, UberNinja, Psyche, CF Riot, noraaa, Pine) LYNCH

2 Psyche (Hiraki, Nobody Special)
0 inte
0 crypto
0 petapan
0 BK201
0 Kairyuu
0 Hiraki
0 Matias
0 CF Riot
0 noraaa
0 Pine
0 UberNinja

4 Not Voting (petapan, BK201, Kairyuu, Matias)

Congratulations, you have lynched Nobody Special! He was a
Vanilla Townie
!

With 12 alive it's still 7 to lynch.
Your new deadline is June 4th.

that implicit arguments like THESE:
In post 1160, CF Riot wrote: fact that his name has come up so often and yet the wagon has never quite gone through makes me think there is some scum resistance out there. Right now, he's my top choice for the lynch today.

Do NOT work.
Psyche
Psyche
he/they
Survivor
Psyche
he/they
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #1550 (isolation #146) » Mon May 28, 2012 4:54 am

Post by Psyche »

Okay, Pine is clearly not trying. -_-

Um...I did. The study is posted in the MD forum. If you want to check the data, go ahead. >.>

And I'm doing it for OMGUS tells right now, too. I got 100 accusations of flailing, that actually only spanned 33 games or so.

I actually used the site's search function, not ctrl+f, to obtain my data. As my method indicated in my post says.

And what you said about "Town says the latter" is downright wrong, and even more stupid. Where do you get this crap?
Psyche
Psyche
he/they
Survivor
Psyche
he/they
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #1551 (isolation #147) » Mon May 28, 2012 4:56 am

Post by Psyche »

In NY 138, players were accused of flailing at least 3 times.
1. Empking by Thor665 — TOWN by TOWN
2. Johhog by Hoppster — TOWN by TOWN
3. Oversoul by Bomberman — TOWN by TOWN

In NY 143, players were accused of flailing at least 3 times.
1. Nero Cain by Pine — TOWN by TOWN
2. Mist Beauty by Mastin — TOWN by SCUM
3. Mist Beauty by Tajun — TOWN by TOWN

In NY 142, players were accused of flailing at least 3 times.
1. Revenus by Pine — TOWN by SCUM
2. Pine by Smargaret — SCUM by ???
3. Sorgster by vijay2vasandani — SCUM by ???

In NY 139, players were accused of flailing at least 2 times.
1. Sorgster by Vifam — TOWN by TOWN
2. Uncledaphne by  Stinger Bell — TOWN by SCUM

In NY 141, players were accused of flailing at least 4 times.
1. Xalxe by Sleepy Krew - TOWN by SCUM
2. Hiraki by SleepyKrew - SCUM by SCUM
3. Pine by singer signer - SCUM by TOWN
4. ConSpiracy by singer signer - SCUM by TOWN

In NY 137, players were accused of flailing at least 3 times.
1. Hiplop by GreyICE — TOWN by TOWN
2. Edmund by Pappum's Rat — TOWN by SCUM
3. chkflip by mastin — SCUM by TOWN

In NY 132, players were accused of flailing at least 5 times.
1. Khan by Mastin — SCUM by TOWN
2. Ranmaru by Scott Brosius — TOWN by SCUM
3. Ranmaru by Skyquiem — TOWN by TOWN
4. Ranmaru by inHimshallibe — TOWN by TOWN
5. Khan by Pine — SCUM by TOWN

In NY 136, players were accused of flailing at least 3 times.
1. Meransial by Hresz — TOWN by SCUM
2. David Xanatos by CrashTextDummie — TOWN by SCUM
3. Hydra by Yosarian — SCUM by TOWN

In NY 134, players were accused of flailing at least 2 times.
1. Glowball by Celeblaki — SCUM by TOWN
2. bvoigt by Reck — TOWN by SCUM

In NY 135, players were accused of flailing at least 9 times.
1. Kayneknowsbest by Ethos — TOWN by TOWN 
2. Ethos by Ythan — TOWN by TOWN
3. Ethos by Hiraki — TOWN by TOWN
4. Oversoul by MrZepher — TOWN by SCUM
5. Ethos by Untrod Tripod — TOWN by TOWN
6. Chair by mastin —TOWN by TOWN
7. Ludi by Idher — TOWN by TOWN
8. Ludi by Lady Lamb — TOWN by SCUM
9. Parabollocks by Oversoul — TOWN by TOWN

In NY 131, players were accused of flailing at least 8 times.
1. Silverbullet by Knight of Cydonia — TOWN by TOWN
2. Mastin by Pine — TOWN by SCUM
3. Toon by Amor — TOWN by SCUM
4. Silverbullet by DarthYoshi — TOWN by TOWN
5. Maxous by mastin — TOWN by TOWN
6. Zepher by Pine — TOWN by SCUM
7. Pine by Vite — SCUM by TOWN
8. Silverbullet by Pine — TOWN by SCUM

In NY 130, players were accused of flailing at least 2 times.
1. Ctorj by Pine — TOWN by SCUM
2. Thor by Calcifer — SCUM by TOWN

In NY 129, players were accused of flailing at least 8 times.
1. T-Bone by Pine — SCUM by TOWN
2. RaudhrGarm by Pine — SCUM by TOWN
3. Jindori by NS — SCUM by TOWN
4. Raud by C-Worl — SCUM by TOWN
5. T-Bone by Tclawren — SCUM by TOWN
6. TBone by MrZepher — SCUM by TOWN
7. Gorilla by Mastin — TOWN by SCUM
8. MrZepher by Slaxx — TOWN by TOWN

In NY 125, players were accused of flailing at least 0 times.

In NY 121, players were accused of flailing at least 2 times.
1. SnakePlissken by Mothrax — TOWN by TOWN
2. UK by nopointinactingup — SCUM by TOWN

In NY There Will Be Bloodshed, players were accused of flailing at least 2 times. 
1. Wraith by Pine — TOWN by SCUM
2. C-Worl by Two Headed Boy — TOWN by SCUM

In NY 126, players were accused of flailing at least 5 times.
1. Tragedy by Espeonage — TOWN by TOWN
2. Umbrage by GreyICE — TOWN by TOWN
3. Mariyta by Espeonage — TOWN by TOWN
4. Kise by GreyICE — TOWN by TOWN
5. Fate by GreyICE — SCUM by TOWN

In NY 124, players were accused of flailing at least 2 times.
1. Llamarble by Yosarian2 — TOWN by SCUM
2. Llamarble by Bub Bidderskins — TOWN by TOWN

In NY Oldy, players were accused of flailing at least 3 times.
1. Ythill by Chamber — TOWN by TOWN
2. Eeto by Ythill — TOWN by TOWN
3. Glork by CrashTextDummie — SCUM by TOWN

In NY 123, players were accused of flailing at least 2 times.
1. EPM by Parama — SCUM by SCUM
2. Parama by DemonHybrid — SCUM by TOWN

In NY 119, players were accused of flailing at least 3 times.
1. Looker by Horrordude0215 — TOWN by TOWN
2. NC by a2rudeboy — TOWN by TOWN
3. Cooldog by DemonHybrid — TOWN by TOWN

In NY 118, players were accused of flailing at least 7 times.
1. Dana by DemonHybrid — SCUM by SCUM
2. Dana by Wraith — SCUM by TOWN
3. Dana by Furcolow — SCUM by TOWN
4. Furcolow by Benmage — TOWN by SCUM
5. Robbinova by Xite — TOWN by TOWN
6. Robbinova by Wraith — TOWN by TOWN
7. Flinter by DemonHybrid — TOWN by SCUM

In NY 117, players were accused of flailing at least 1 time.
1. Nachomamma by DemonHybrid — TOWN by SCUM

In NY 116, players were accused of flailing at least 3 times.
1. TAZ by mothrax — SCUM by TOWN
2. Diginova by CCARaven4 — TOWN by TOWN
3. Wraith by aGar — TOWN by SCUM

In NY 115, players were accused of flailing 2 times.
1. BlazazRh by DemonHybrid — TOWN by TOWN
2. Blaze by silverbullet — TOWN by SCUM

In NY 114, players were accused of flailing at least 3 times.
1. LynchMePls by Vi — TOWN by TOWN
2. nhammen by LynchMePls — TOWN by TOWN
3. Midnight Sorrow by LeafSnail - TOWN by TOWN

In NY 113, players were accused of flailing at least 3 times.
1. Deer by bv310 — TOWN by SCUM
2. Jack by HackerHuck — TOWN by TOWN
3. RichardGHP by Furcolow — TOWN by ???

In NY 112, players were accused of flailing at least 1 time.
1. MPR by Fate — TOWN by TOWN

In NY 111, players were accused of flailing at least 0 times.

In NY 120, players were accused of flailing at least 1 time.
1. RichardGHP by Crypto — TOWN by SCUM

In NY 109, players were accused of flailing at least 1 time.
1. Anon by Spyrex — TOWN by SCUM

In NY 108, players were accused of flailing at least 0 times.

In NY 107, players were accused of flailing at least 0 times.

In NY 106, players were accused of flailing at least 2 times.
1. Kyle by UnofficialRulerofEveryone — SCUM by SCUM
2. Sando by UnofficialRulerofEveryone — TOWN by SCUM

In NY 105, players werr accused of flailing at least 3 times.
1. Maemuki by Pads — TOWN by TOWN
2. Crypto by charter — TOWN by SCUM
3. hiphop by RayFrost — SCUM by SCUM

Feel free, Pine, to check if this is bogus.

But you are clearly reaching a lot, pushing a lynch with bullish rhetoric. Which you tend to do as scum.
Psyche
Psyche
he/they
Survivor
Psyche
he/they
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #1553 (isolation #148) » Mon May 28, 2012 5:18 am

Post by Psyche »

In post 1552, Pine wrote:Scum tends to insist that they're not acting scummy, because they are chiefly concerned with
perception
and how others view them.

Town tends to give a flat denial that they're scum, because 1) They're not concerned about the possibility of a Lie Detector, though this game won't have one, 2) It's the truth, 3) Town tends to be more concerned with facts over others' perceptions of them, and 4) Town is much more likely to admit to their own faults.

I've been admittedly lurky and inattentive in this game, mostly because I just don't care very much about it. You denying that you're even acting scummy when you clearly are is a pretty reasonable scumtell, though it isn't of the strongest variety. Not really strong enough to base a case on, but it's one more point against you.

PE: Statistics are ALWAYS bogus, as are the morons who think they're worth anything. They only become relevant when you take into account an enormous sample size, which you have not. One thousand probably wouldn't be enough, and a hundred damn well isn't, especially when it ends up with a number like 4/10, which is smack dab in the middle of "not statistically relevant."

Pine, your amazing theory of how the game works is REALLY interesting, and I'm not going to tl;dr this post.

I do not understand part one, especially its relevance to this game, but it sounds like a baseless claim you're pretending has clout.

I'm not acting scummy. I'm being misread as scummy. Deal with it.

Statistics are not always bogus. They are definitely less bogus than messy theoretical claims that aren't grounded in fact or reality, like the ones you make here.

100 cases is the vast majority of cases that have occurred in Large Normals so far. I admit that they aren't conclusive, but they are vast enough to draw inferences. And it's A LOT larger sample than most arguments are based on.

I mean, often people base their votes off of 1 or 2 meta'd games. I'm basing mine off of TEN. It's a much more rigorous vite than your poopy attempts at cognition.
Psyche
Psyche
he/they
Survivor
Psyche
he/they
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #1554 (isolation #149) » Mon May 28, 2012 5:19 am

Post by Psyche »

And making baseless claims pretended to have clout is something you do a lot in a lot of games, Pine.
Psyche
Psyche
he/they
Survivor
Psyche
he/they
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #1556 (isolation #150) » Mon May 28, 2012 6:19 am

Post by Psyche »

In post 1555, Pine wrote:You're not even telling the truth about your stats now. You didn't search 100 games, you searched for 100 instances of a particular phrase over the course of barely a dozen games. That's not good science, as you would pass it off, it's lazy attack-trolling. Stop trying to pass off weak statistics as a valid substitute for experience. I tried it once, and it invariably is wrong. Statistics are VERY VERY bad at proving anything small, and especially bad at proving human behavior, which is exceptionally variable. The only good statistics are for human behavior is in making general statements about LARGR populations, which we don't have on this site. It completely fails when asked to judge the actions of an individual based on a half-assed study of a minute population. Real statisticians know this, which is why they never try, except in the aforementioned large trends.

You're going to be forgiven for this, as you're what? Sixteen? Seventeen? Still in high school at any rate, and trying to apply basic principles from your introductory classes in higher mathematics.

Also because you're scum, and I always applaud valiant efforts by scum at creating something from nothing.

Okay, you're wrong again. It was over 30 games, and I NEVER said I studied 100 games. PLEASE PAY ATTENTION TO THE FACTS.

This is like the fifth time you said something that was blatantly incorrect.

I'll address the eest of your post in my next post.
Psyche
Psyche
he/they
Survivor
Psyche
he/they
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #1565 (isolation #151) » Mon May 28, 2012 9:22 am

Post by Psyche »

In post 1560, UberNinja wrote:As far as I am concerned, Pine and BK are scum together, but the BK wagon is bigger so he goes, then Pine goes. So actually, vote for BK if you're not, and then tell Pine to talk to the hand because we don't need no education because he's being lynched tomorrow anyway.

Okay.

PINE. TALK TO THE HAND.
Psyche
Psyche
he/they
Survivor
Psyche
he/they
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #1566 (isolation #152) » Mon May 28, 2012 9:24 am

Post by Psyche »

Also, I, too, never made the argument that Pine should be lynched for being useless. Pine should be lynched because he's probably scum.

unvote; vote BK

I have to say, despite my read, I'm a bit uncertain as how to this'll turn out.
Psyche
Psyche
he/they
Survivor
Psyche
he/they
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #1567 (isolation #153) » Mon May 28, 2012 9:26 am

Post by Psyche »

But if anyone even acts if they are in any way swayed by Pine's points, I will have to return to my crusade.
Psyche
Psyche
he/they
Survivor
Psyche
he/they
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #1569 (isolation #154) » Mon May 28, 2012 9:55 am

Post by Psyche »

Ugh. I should've kept the study to myself. Too many interpretive issues.

BK, what matters is not whether MOST accusations on town are by scum, but that a
disproportionate
amount of accusations on town are by scum.

And don't consider that tell in a vacuum, consider it with the rest of the arguments against you.
Psyche
Psyche
he/they
Survivor
Psyche
he/they
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #1572 (isolation #155) » Mon May 28, 2012 11:07 am

Post by Psyche »

*resists reference to site rules*
Psyche
Psyche
he/they
Survivor
Psyche
he/they
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #1577 (isolation #156) » Mon May 28, 2012 2:22 pm

Post by Psyche »

Well, it's neither. I explained why I researched that data in the thread where I presented my research — I'm in the throes on an epistemological crisis and am unsure of what constitutes

You guys are really egotistic if you think I went through all that just so I could improve my status in this game and have a reason to vote BK. -_-
Psyche
Psyche
he/they
Survivor
Psyche
he/they
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #1578 (isolation #157) » Mon May 28, 2012 2:23 pm

Post by Psyche »

throes of an epistemological crisis and am unsure of what constitutes a scumtell*

Sorry, I've typed that phrase so many times on MS this week that it's become a canned response. >.>
Psyche
Psyche
he/they
Survivor
Psyche
he/they
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #1580 (isolation #158) » Mon May 28, 2012 3:08 pm

Post by Psyche »

No, you're comically wrong. And confirmation-biased, yourself.

And an ass.
Psyche
Psyche
he/they
Survivor
Psyche
he/they
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #1581 (isolation #159) » Mon May 28, 2012 3:18 pm

Post by Psyche »

That's the thing, though. You're extremely overconfident with your accusations and despite the frequency of your false positives, have this idea that you're SO GOOD at this.

I don't want to play so blindly. I don't want to play like you. That's why I'm doing my studies.
Psyche
Psyche
he/they
Survivor
Psyche
he/they
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #1583 (isolation #160) » Mon May 28, 2012 3:23 pm

Post by Psyche »

Pine is very likely scum.

Don't treat my study as a statistical analysis — just focus on the parts involving Pine and consider it a meta of him. A meta of 10 games involving him —
more substantive than most metas.

I found that in 6 of the 7 times — 85.71% — when Pine uses meaningless rhetorical accusations to get town lynched,
as he did THIS game
, he was scum.

Because of my extensive meta of Pine and his play during this game, I strongly believe he is scum.
Psyche
Psyche
he/they
Survivor
Psyche
he/they
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #1584 (isolation #161) » Mon May 28, 2012 3:51 pm

Post by Psyche »

Sigh. I'm sorry, guys, but
V/LA
for a couple of days. "Things".
Psyche
Psyche
he/they
Survivor
Psyche
he/they
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #1621 (isolation #162) » Tue May 29, 2012 2:47 pm

Post by Psyche »

/zooms back in a bit early.

Guys, am I seriously the only one who sees Pine for what he obviously is?

And fuck, you D3f3nder, my meta stats are gold and I don't care enough about this game to make so dumb a promise.

Guys, I am town. My stats are fine. You complain about them not being a big enough sample size, but seriously —
how big are the sample sizes that lead you to draw your OWN conclusions about Mafia?
. My studies show that, a lot of the time, people don't know what the hell a scumtell is. They run on intuition and accuse players of doing 'scummy' things that aren't even scummy!

My studies show that Pine as scum OFTEN opportunistically makes spurious accusations to get town lynched. 6/7 times that he's use'd the meaningless flail accusation in a Large Normal, he's been scum! He made the same spurious crap in this game against Mogri. He's been very consistent in his meta, and this game is a continuation. Pine is scum.

We are misguided, and I've made the first step to finding out just what the right way to guide oneself is. I don't know why you give so much more clout to your own intuitive views on what a scumtell is even after I've beem able to collect something so much more substantial. Don't you see that you may quite possibly be completely wrong about how the game works? Can't you see the self-doubt that motivates my behavior?

Well fuck this. I've given a good hard try. I even reread the thread and got back into the game. Scum can have it. I'll remember not to lurk in future games, because that's somehow scummy even when it isn't.
Psyche
Psyche
he/they
Survivor
Psyche
he/they
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #1623 (isolation #163) » Tue May 29, 2012 2:57 pm

Post by Psyche »

Oh, no, that was just a good batch of self-preserving AtE. The "fuck this" is a symbol of my giving up my emotional investment into this game so that I don't feel as hurt when I get myself mislynched.

PINE.
Psyche
Psyche
he/they
Survivor
Psyche
he/they
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #1625 (isolation #164) » Tue May 29, 2012 3:04 pm

Post by Psyche »

No, you are wrong.
Psyche
Psyche
he/they
Survivor
Psyche
he/they
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #1628 (isolation #165) » Tue May 29, 2012 3:11 pm

Post by Psyche »

Oh I bet you think you're soo cool. :mrgreen:

But yeah, no more stressing. I'm going to focus on my other games now. And my studies. More data, more accuracy.

And hopefully more persuasiveness. I'm thinking that in the future, even though my reads eith have an epistemological basis in my data, I could just present my tells in a way that fits the site's norms. I'm pretty sure my accusation of Pine would've been more successful if instead of referring to my data (which Pine made a total red herring of) I just did what everyone else does when performing a meta.

And for BK, I could've just explained without reference to statistics that his accusation of Mogri was scummy. I've gotta put this stuff into context so I can apply my stats intelligently.

Yeah, that sounds good.
Psyche
Psyche
he/they
Survivor
Psyche
he/they
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #1629 (isolation #166) » Tue May 29, 2012 3:15 pm

Post by Psyche »

In post 1627, Pine wrote:Our metas are based on experience and subjective, holistic assessments. Yours are based on document searches of a particular phrase from a very few games that you didn't bother to read in context.

Ergo, your statistics are invalid, while assessments from people who've played a dozen and more actual, full games with one another will be listened to.

Yeah, yeah. You're all that and my hours spent on data collection was a waste of time. Whatever.

I did read all accusations in context before recording them, by the way. A favorite phrase of yours was, "Keep flailing, scum!" And a lot of people's. I bet it made them feel like total baddasses.
Psyche
Psyche
he/they
Survivor
Psyche
he/they
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #1631 (isolation #167) » Tue May 29, 2012 3:17 pm

Post by Psyche »

And it's not a "very few" games. I've ended up studying accusations of flailing in every Large Normal that has ever occurred. It just so happens that the vast majority of those occurred recently — within the past 4 years.

Misrep number 6 or 7, by the way.
Psyche
Psyche
he/they
Survivor
Psyche
he/they
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #1632 (isolation #168) » Tue May 29, 2012 3:19 pm

Post by Psyche »

In post 1630, Pine wrote:Hours? That's it? Yes, that does indeed pale in comparison to months or years of playing thousands of pages of actual games. You're trying to substitute cleverness for experience, and failing.

Hey, you show me that your experience is paying off, and I'll submit. What I do know is that you're voting for town right now. Of course, you're scum, so I suppose that is the goal.

And remember what I said earlier about paying serious attention to the phail that went into your mislynch.
Psyche
Psyche
he/they
Survivor
Psyche
he/they
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #1633 (isolation #169) » Tue May 29, 2012 3:19 pm

Post by Psyche »

(that last part was @everyone)
Psyche
Psyche
he/they
Survivor
Psyche
he/they
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #1654 (isolation #170) » Wed May 30, 2012 12:01 am

Post by Psyche »

SIX out of SEVEN times.
Psyche
Psyche
he/they
Survivor
Psyche
he/they
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #1678 (isolation #171) » Wed May 30, 2012 1:52 pm

Post by Psyche »

What do you do when you're stuck and you've already re-iso'd three times

Do a full-scale study on flailing.
Psyche
Psyche
he/they
Survivor
Psyche
he/they
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #1683 (isolation #172) » Wed May 30, 2012 11:47 pm

Post by Psyche »

Disingenuous. Someone intent on getting lynched would self vote, for starters. :|
Psyche
Psyche
he/they
Survivor
Psyche
he/they
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #1696 (isolation #173) » Fri Jun 01, 2012 6:02 am

Post by Psyche »

Wooooo!

unvote; vote Pine
Psyche
Psyche
he/they
Survivor
Psyche
he/they
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #1700 (isolation #174) » Fri Jun 01, 2012 6:36 am

Post by Psyche »

In post 1697, Hiraki wrote:lol obscums are obv

obvtard is obv
Psyche
Psyche
he/they
Survivor
Psyche
he/they
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #1703 (isolation #175) » Fri Jun 01, 2012 7:07 am

Post by Psyche »

What case?

And I'm reading hypocrisy.
Psyche
Psyche
he/they
Survivor
Psyche
he/they
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #1705 (isolation #176) » Fri Jun 01, 2012 7:09 am

Post by Psyche »

No...but, you know, priorities.
Psyche
Psyche
he/they
Survivor
Psyche
he/they
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #1708 (isolation #177) » Fri Jun 01, 2012 8:40 am

Post by Psyche »

Can you read? I'm not soooo sure BK is scum and I've announced my preference for a Pine lynch awhile ago. >.<

And my lack of confidence in a BK lynch.
Psyche
Psyche
he/they
Survivor
Psyche
he/they
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #1709 (isolation #178) » Fri Jun 01, 2012 8:41 am

Post by Psyche »

Nooooo. Un, vote Pine. You pwomised.
Psyche
Psyche
he/they
Survivor
Psyche
he/they
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #1712 (isolation #179) » Fri Jun 01, 2012 9:02 am

Post by Psyche »

Sigh.
unvote; vote BK
Psyche
Psyche
he/they
Survivor
Psyche
he/they
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #1720 (isolation #180) » Fri Jun 01, 2012 2:37 pm

Post by Psyche »

Oh, cool. Statistic successful.

vote Pine
Psyche
Psyche
he/they
Survivor
Psyche
he/they
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #1736 (isolation #181) » Fri Jun 01, 2012 4:18 pm

Post by Psyche »

Yeah...redff and BK were on the same team, and probably isolated from the rest of the scum.
Psyche
Psyche
he/they
Survivor
Psyche
he/they
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #1740 (isolation #182) » Fri Jun 01, 2012 4:24 pm

Post by Psyche »

I mean, if the teams are color coded...
Psyche
Psyche
he/they
Survivor
Psyche
he/they
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #1743 (isolation #183) » Fri Jun 01, 2012 4:31 pm

Post by Psyche »

In post 1741, UberNinja wrote:

Self explanatory.

Could you explain your vote.
Psyche
Psyche
he/they
Survivor
Psyche
he/they
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #1745 (isolation #184) » Fri Jun 01, 2012 4:35 pm

Post by Psyche »

In post 1744, inte wrote:man these votes are all over the place, i can't fucking tell who is suspicious of whom anymore

fuck it VOTE: Psyche

Could you explain your independent reasons for this vote.
Psyche
Psyche
he/they
Survivor
Psyche
he/they
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #1747 (isolation #185) » Fri Jun 01, 2012 4:39 pm

Post by Psyche »

That is not an explanation. It is barely an elaboration.
Psyche
Psyche
he/they
Survivor
Psyche
he/they
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #1751 (isolation #186) » Fri Jun 01, 2012 4:49 pm

Post by Psyche »

Blegh. This?

In post 1707, UberNinja wrote:Well, fuck.

What's to say that Psyche and BK201 aren't both scum?

They were both on each other's wagons, and I can't see any reason other than survival for that. Why would Psyche so quickly abandon the BK wagon if he was soooo sure about his 42.5% calculations?

In post 1471, BK201 wrote:This game's a mess to read. Part of the reason I pay more attention to smaller threads when I do have time.

Psyche lynch is a bad one, I know I havn't been very active, but Psyche is a decent town read at this point. I don't even see the case on him, not when there are players like pine and inti. Kayure had good points on inti, I don't see why they wouldn't still stand VOTE: inti

In post 1516, BK201 wrote:I agree that psyche's "research" is a bit scummy, but inte and pine are overall scummier.

This is BK giving a "read" on Psyche.

In post 1568, BK201 wrote:In your study, most of the time it's town by town. I'm not scum and that's a terrible excuse to vote me. (your study)
Psyche has got to be scum if he ignored that. VOTE: Psyche

This is BK looking for an excuse to get on the Psyche wagon.

When in reality he's just voting him so he doesn't get lynched himself.

--

tl;dr: I think Psyche and BK are scum together.

I want BK lynched first though. Whoever switched to Pine is doing it just because I said I'd do it, and I haven't done it yet fucktards. So get the fuck back on BK.

This:
Can you read? I'm not soooo sure BK is scum and I've announced my preference for a Pine lynch awhile ago. >.<

And my lack of confidence in a BK lynch.

False premises on account of my own behavior. Reminiscent of Pine, there.

As for BK, your read is based on WIFOM and breezy speculation.

BK's read on me may have existed specifically for the sake of leaving a trail like the one you're following.

And of course he'd switch to my wagon as scum. He doesn't want to be lynched and I am juicy alternative. I don't see how his compromising his espoused read on me counts as an association tell in that case. O.o
Psyche
Psyche
he/they
Survivor
Psyche
he/they
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #1752 (isolation #187) » Fri Jun 01, 2012 4:51 pm

Post by Psyche »

In post 1750, UberNinja wrote:crypto you're also rubbing me the wrong way a lot recently

coasting and pretending you're awesome and such.

Seems more like a crypto thing than a scum thing, in my eyes.

UN, do you think the Blue Mafia has more than a couple of players? Or is my idea of color-coding working as an indicator of multiple teams invalid?
Psyche
Psyche
he/they
Survivor
Psyche
he/they
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #1756 (isolation #188) » Fri Jun 01, 2012 4:59 pm

Post by Psyche »

UN, do you think the Blue Mafia has more than a couple of players? Or is my idea of color-coding working as an indicator of multiple teams invalid?
Psyche
Psyche
he/they
Survivor
Psyche
he/they
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #1758 (isolation #189) » Fri Jun 01, 2012 5:03 pm

Post by Psyche »

6 of 16?

Okay. I suppose that sounds reasonable.
Psyche
Psyche
he/they
Survivor
Psyche
he/they
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #1765 (isolation #190) » Fri Jun 01, 2012 5:27 pm

Post by Psyche »

In post 1754, UberNinja wrote:My read on BK was based on "breezy speculation" too, based on his avoiding the redFF wagon like the plague.

I'm going to keep running in the same direction until I hit a brick wall.

This is really...indefensible.
Psyche
Psyche
he/they
Survivor
Psyche
he/they
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #1767 (isolation #191) » Fri Jun 01, 2012 5:36 pm

Post by Psyche »

X.X

Okay, so that's both UN and noraaa who actively reject external attempts to evaluate their reads.

Am I the only one who sees things like these as a problem?
Psyche
Psyche
he/they
Survivor
Psyche
he/they
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #1769 (isolation #192) » Fri Jun 01, 2012 5:44 pm

Post by Psyche »

You could be a lawyer, UN. You sure know how to frame an argument.
Psyche
Psyche
he/they
Survivor
Psyche
he/they
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #1773 (isolation #193) » Fri Jun 01, 2012 5:53 pm

Post by Psyche »

I think that was a rhetorical question of some sort to make players think (read as affected deep voice), "No, that actually sounds like a pretty surefire way to increase a game's frequency of mislynches."

Not appeal to majority since I never explicitly said, "Most people would think this is madness!" - which s, in itself, actually more of a rhetorical device with the same intentions as above. A more appropriate appeal to majority would be a listing of players with stances on which behaviors lead to a reliable scumlynch.

And no, definitely no emotional valence there, besides mild exasperation, perhaps...

I'm actually pretty cool right now! ^_^
Yesterday, I had this amazing epiphany about what is best in life, and today I read this amazing paper about the psychology of value that basically answered one of the most pressing problems of the subject for me.
Psyche
Psyche
he/they
Survivor
Psyche
he/they
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #1775 (isolation #194) » Fri Jun 01, 2012 6:39 pm

Post by Psyche »

But it wasn't that I just said so. I explained WHY. And you brushed it aside and said, "I'm getting annoyed."
Psyche
Psyche
he/they
Survivor
Psyche
he/they
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #1776 (isolation #195) » Fri Jun 01, 2012 6:40 pm

Post by Psyche »

In post 1774, noraaa wrote:
In post 1756, Psyche wrote:UN, do you think the Blue Mafia has more than a couple of players? Or is my idea of color-coding working as an indicator of multiple teams invalid?

I literally just asked you the same thing and you dodged the half of it relating to how MANY members of the team(s) there might be in your estimation. Why do you deserve answers when you don't give them?

Wait...

In post 1740, Psyche wrote:I mean, if the teams are color coded...

Yes. I gave one.
Psyche
Psyche
he/they
Survivor
Psyche
he/they
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #1780 (isolation #196) » Fri Jun 01, 2012 7:25 pm

Post by Psyche »

3-3-12 makes my BK stat less impressive. But I suppose it DID still lead credence to the idea that he was scum.

I need to test it again! I need Pine's blood.
Psyche
Psyche
he/they
Survivor
Psyche
he/they
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #1782 (isolation #197) » Fri Jun 01, 2012 7:27 pm

Post by Psyche »

In post 1778, noraaa wrote:
In post 1775, Psyche wrote:But it wasn't that I just said so. I explained WHY. And you brushed it aside and said, "I'm getting annoyed."

not right away, but after it was clogging up the game and I was saying my piece in twenty different ways and you still didn't agree, then yeah. Cause of course you're never going to agree that you're scummy. I figured it wasn't worth fighting about it cause we weren't going to see eye to eye.

Also um, are you not noticing the part where I said "two person teams" and then the part where I said "how MANY" people are on these team(s)? Cause you're totally acting like you don't get that part.

Maybe I was unclear initially but I was asking
a)do you believe there are teams plural
b)do you believe these teams are two person teams

I thought it was 2-2-12. I'm betting that the second color is red. Could be green. If it's purple, Ythan gets +respect.
Psyche
Psyche
he/they
Survivor
Psyche
he/they
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #1783 (isolation #198) » Fri Jun 01, 2012 7:28 pm

Post by Psyche »

In post 1781, Pine wrote:The only decent argument for BK scum was that he was on all of the RedFF counterwagons. Your phony statistics still suck.

Not phony by any measure. That's number seven, I think.
Psyche
Psyche
he/they
Survivor
Psyche
he/they
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #1784 (isolation #199) » Fri Jun 01, 2012 7:29 pm

Post by Psyche »

And as I'd like to repeat, my statistics have nothing to do with Pine being scum. It has to do with Pine's meta and how he uses spurious accusations to push mislynches as scum.

Return to “Completed Large Normal Games”