Varsoon
Varsoon
Scatman
Varsoon
Scatman
Scatman

Post Post #45 (isolation #0) » Tue Mar 12, 2019 8:23 am

Post by Varsoon »

Firestarter didn't commit the kill last night, for the record.

I also would appreciate it if we could have a whole game day. D1 was a fucking embarrassment.
Varsoon
Varsoon
Scatman
Varsoon
Scatman
Scatman

Post Post #47 (isolation #1) » Tue Mar 12, 2019 8:26 am

Post by Varsoon »

I would appreciate being nominated, as the immunity coupled with my own trait to be bulletproof will mean that scum won't be able to shut down my abilities.
If someone has a better plan, though, I'm all ears.
Varsoon
Varsoon
Scatman
Varsoon
Scatman
Scatman

Post Post #52 (isolation #2) » Tue Mar 12, 2019 8:29 am

Post by Varsoon »

In post 48, Despair Galaxy wrote: it would be bold for them to also do the killing don't you think? if I were them I would know that at elast one person would investigate me so I wouldn't do a risky night action like killing
Firebringer and Enter are both bold players. I had to be sure.
Varsoon
Varsoon
Scatman
Varsoon
Scatman
Scatman

Post Post #53 (isolation #3) » Tue Mar 12, 2019 8:34 am

Post by Varsoon »

From the wording of today's event, I think it's very likely scum either have access to a 1-shot Strongman shot or can get access to one.
Varsoon
Varsoon
Scatman
Varsoon
Scatman
Scatman

Post Post #564 (isolation #4) » Wed Mar 13, 2019 2:38 am

Post by Varsoon »

In post 100, Joan of Arc wrote:
In post 87, Firestarters wrote:Joan is probably scum here for this buddying of varsoon and moronic questions to me btw.
~fire
First off, I am not buddying.

Second off, even if I were, I'd pick a more malleable target that Varsoon. He would see through me in an instant.

Third off, answer the question properly. Because in one of the games I've played, scum could and did take refuge in audacity.
Nah, Joan is probably town. Or, rather, I'm rolling the dice on them being town because if they're not then the whole scumteam knows my entire role functionality and plan moving forward.

Anyway, I don't like this dude's posts.
VOTE: Tsuchinoko
I also am not a huge fan of Shadowless Cloud.
I could articulate why on both these fronts, but you modderfudgers don't care about that ship.

Keeping up to date with this game is going to be really hard for me if ya'll keep moving at this clip.
Please slow down.

I really want to hear more from Mephistophanes 39, MariaR, Dunnstral, Keyser Söze, and 0verki11.
If I had to pick scum in that group right now, I'd go Dunnstral.

Also, I'll play Apex with anyone. I'm Varsoon on PSN. Play on PS4, people use aimbots less there.

Also-also, my workplace firewalls most content upload sites, so all images are broken links for me.
Please don't try to communicate game-relevant information via images. I can not see them for a majority of the time I have to look at this game.

But real talk I don't give a duck about why Enter made a shitty choice. It's indefensible. Dude should be policy'd on the spot and the only reason I'm not pushing that hard as duck is because I'm concerned
that's what scum wants
and a green flip from Enter-hydra puts us in the pit.
In post 423, Eragon wrote:actually, varsoon, if you are claiming your abilties are "important enough" that you need immunity to "not be shut down," then whats the point of getting protection that roleblocks you?

Its basically an unstoppable, unbreakable jailkeeper that targets you.

so it does nothing except make you live another day
Not tilting any more of my role to you.

Here's the deal:
If Joan is scum, then the whole scumteam knows the entirety of my very pro-town role.
If Joan isn't scum, we're in a good position.
Regardless, I should be nominated today because then scum won't be able to shoot me regardless of the above.
Nominate : Varsoon

Seriously, catching up with this game was a nightmare and while I signed up for a wgeurts game with cool mechanics and great flavor, I feel entrenched against insufferable, noisy business of reading all the garbage ya'll leave behind.
Varsoon
Varsoon
Scatman
Varsoon
Scatman
Scatman

Post Post #566 (isolation #5) » Wed Mar 13, 2019 3:06 am

Post by Varsoon »

The wonky thing is that one of the FEW images I can see is that picture of that anime girl.

I think I might reconsider my stance on hydra-acceptance given how untenable it can be to follow and read a game that technically has double players in it, especially given how little hydras seem to sync on issues, but, hey, 5 minute D1, who cares?
Varsoon
Varsoon
Scatman
Varsoon
Scatman
Scatman

Post Post #568 (isolation #6) » Wed Mar 13, 2019 3:11 am

Post by Varsoon »

In post 433, 0verki11 wrote:fuck you I just wanted to play D1, but they are probably town from that
The first part of this resonated with me but I don't like them going with the safe and comfortable option of nom'ing Firestarting (or pledging to nom) and their 'this is prob town' without much in the way of explaining how they came to those conclusions looks empty to me. Doesn't really seem like they're saying much and they're pretty under the radar otherwise so I'm thinking suspicion on them is fairly justifiable.

I also think the conversation needs to move away from the four or so players who it has been focused on/between, so if you want to push there, I'd support it.

But what's your beef with the slot?
Pls no parrot me
Varsoon
Varsoon
Scatman
Varsoon
Scatman
Scatman

Post Post #575 (isolation #7) » Wed Mar 13, 2019 4:55 am

Post by Varsoon »

@FirEnter: Oh, Yume's town, they're a friendly neighbor. Did I fail to mention that?
Sometimes surface level is fine because all the scum is sitting on the top of the pond, y'ever think?

@Shadowlesscloud: I don't like how he's positioned re: the whole Enter thing and I don't like his interactions in general. It's skeezy and WHOOPS I AM SO ANIME to me. Too jokey for someone who was ACTUALLY deprived of a D1. Strikes me as scum giddy on their game.
Also, don't pat yourself on imaginary townpoints that you credit other people giving you. That's sleasy. You conveniently hopped in on that wagon yesterday and you didn't make any waves at all today despite evolving up due to being on the lynch. I don't like that, either.

That's fine, don't nominate me because you think I don't 'deserve' it, definitely pool your nominations between the most vocal players who are currying hard for favor, that makes sense.
Varsoon
Varsoon
Scatman
Varsoon
Scatman
Scatman

Post Post #576 (isolation #8) » Wed Mar 13, 2019 4:55 am

Post by Varsoon »

Like yeah be complicit with the people who seem to have no problem getting nominations from their buddies.
Varsoon
Varsoon
Scatman
Varsoon
Scatman
Scatman

Post Post #577 (isolation #9) » Wed Mar 13, 2019 4:56 am

Post by Varsoon »

I'm glad that you undermine my capacity to play the game, but that's kind of Firebringer's schtick more than yours, Enter.

Yeah, I know that I fucking suck at this, no need to rub my face in it.
Varsoon
Varsoon
Scatman
Varsoon
Scatman
Scatman

Post Post #578 (isolation #10) » Wed Mar 13, 2019 4:58 am

Post by Varsoon »

Shadowless, I don't think you should be offered up more power via the nom and here's the big why: You're already extremely adaptive. Putting all our eggs in one basket is a bad strat. Putting all our eggs in a potentially scum basket is the worst strat. Spread the love.

Also, you're repugnant (so is Penguin), so if neither of you have proven yourselves as town via loud ability usage by LYLO-1, ya'll need to be deep six'd.
Varsoon
Varsoon
Scatman
Varsoon
Scatman
Scatman

Post Post #585 (isolation #11) » Wed Mar 13, 2019 5:11 am

Post by Varsoon »

1. See, told you I was bad. Nix that. Still. Ugh.

2. You're all like "Oh man all these OTHER (gestures indiscriminately to no one named, just the whole playerlist) PEOPLE townread me! Why don't you?" I don't like that. It's not hostility, it's me calling out what I see as an attempt to align yourself with town and reinforce a perception that you are town.

3. Not for me. I wasn't even sure you'd posted until about 10 pages back in my catchup. Guess that's subjective. Nothing you've done has spoken to me, is what I'm saying.

4. Thought you said you'd be good with Tsuchiko having it?

5. I read, but not thoroughly, man. It's really hard for me to engage with and thoroughly read a game I am behind on.

6. Probably.

7. I recall him doing a lot of framing and trying to move the conversation into a place where it felt like players would be lynched less for their align and more for other garbage. Again, I could be mixing this up and I don't care to look back. All that's important is that I got a bad feeling from the posts that I read. Articulating why or trying to substantiate how many votes those posts should merit feels like a waste of time to me when the important thing is communicating that I am uncomfortable with how the game conversation feels dominated by Tsuchiko/FireStarter/Joan focused rhetoric and Tsuchiko feels very complicit in this.

P-EDIT: Replying in a separate post
Varsoon
Varsoon
Scatman
Varsoon
Scatman
Scatman

Post Post #586 (isolation #12) » Wed Mar 13, 2019 5:17 am

Post by Varsoon »

In post 583, PenguinPower wrote:
In post 578, Varsoon wrote:Also, you're repugnant (so is Penguin), so if neither of you have proven yourselves as town via loud ability usage by LYLO-1, ya'll need to be deep six'd.
Don't have a night action so....
Then why'd you take repugnant??
In post 581, Shadowlesscloud wrote:
In post 577, Varsoon wrote:I'm glad that you undermine my capacity to play the game, but that's kind of Firebringer's schtick more than yours, Enter.

What, isn't that what you just tried to do to me by calling the townreads on me imaginary?
No; me calling you out for propping yourself as well-townread is much different from Enter saying my reads are surface-level and criticizing my roleshare with Joan.
In post 584, Firestarters wrote:
In post 577, Varsoon wrote:I'm glad that you undermine my capacity to play the game, but that's kind of Firebringer's schtick more than yours, Enter.

Sorry. Just an overreaction to all the flak I'm getting. Who would miss a chance to instalynch someone on day one?

Maybe I'm the only one to do it. Years of playing VT so when I get a little power I abuse it. Oh well.

If it makes you feel good I also screwed up my power roles in this game and prey as well.

Firebringer likes snek for town right now and I'm not deep enough into today to be saying for sure what direction everyone is going yet, all my pushes are RVS pushes to get reads. Can you town spew a bit more in this thread so that we can get a read on you?

Also for some reason I keep thinking you were in YCBA IV. Is that true?
It's all g, man, it's just when you come slinging that fire I do feel burned.
I think I was in a YCBA game, but my memory is about as shot as my capacity to actually play the game in a worthwhile way so /shrugs.

I have to really try to reconcile if the mod would really design a scum-sided loud day-ending vote-vig like that. It seems far more likely to be an ability that'd come from town and I like your defensiveness of its use a lot actually, but I also worry that it's just a pre-day 3 scum ability and you saw an opportunity to use it and take little to no flak for it. Does that make sense?
Varsoon
Varsoon
Scatman
Varsoon
Scatman
Scatman

Post Post #593 (isolation #13) » Wed Mar 13, 2019 5:26 am

Post by Varsoon »

In post 587, PenguinPower wrote:
In post 586, Varsoon wrote:Then why'd you take repugnant??
Is it not obvious? I was able to take a negative trait that does not impact me while being able to take a stronger version of a positive trait that helps me.
It's a failure of design in that case and not something that I feel that wgeurts would overlook as a 'freebie' method of getting a stronger ability.

Big fucking ugh.
If I had repugnant, it would literally allow me to town-confirm myself to anyone I targeted every night.
Varsoon
Varsoon
Scatman
Varsoon
Scatman
Scatman

Post Post #599 (isolation #14) » Wed Mar 13, 2019 5:33 am

Post by Varsoon »

I also haven't seen much in the way of mephisto posts, either, so that's troubling news.
In post 597, PenguinPower wrote:
In post 593, Varsoon wrote:It's a failure of design in that case and not something that I feel that wgeurts would overlook as a 'freebie' method of getting a stronger ability.
So...you think I'm lying?
No, I don't think you're lying, I just think that it's unfortunate that you didn't consider a different suite of abilities that might benefit town more and instead went with a purely cynical grab. I think it's a little frustrating this is even an option for some roles if it is really true that repugnant is listed as a negative modifier when it isn't.
Varsoon
Varsoon
Scatman
Varsoon
Scatman
Scatman

Post Post #602 (isolation #15) » Wed Mar 13, 2019 5:36 am

Post by Varsoon »

In post 600, PenguinPower wrote:Well, the other ability would have made me a 1-shot miller vigilante so...no thanks.
How?
Varsoon
Varsoon
Scatman
Varsoon
Scatman
Scatman

Post Post #618 (isolation #16) » Wed Mar 13, 2019 6:05 am

Post by Varsoon »

VOTE: Mephisto

Yeah that makes sense.
Varsoon
Varsoon
Scatman
Varsoon
Scatman
Scatman

Post Post #631 (isolation #17) » Wed Mar 13, 2019 6:37 am

Post by Varsoon »

In post 626, Shadowlesscloud wrote:Wait did firestarter just slip? Noone knows how many scum there are. The setup was hidden lmao
Mod said in signup thread it's 4 scum, singleball.
Varsoon
Varsoon
Scatman
Varsoon
Scatman
Scatman

Post Post #635 (isolation #18) » Wed Mar 13, 2019 6:43 am

Post by Varsoon »

In post 633, Shadowlesscloud wrote:
In post 631, Varsoon wrote:
In post 626, Shadowlesscloud wrote:Wait did firestarter just slip? Noone knows how many scum there are. The setup was hidden lmao
Mod said in signup thread it's 4 scum, singleball.
Oh woops, indeed. Never mind me then
Gonna laugh if that was you tilting "OH SHIT HOW DOES HE KNOW WE HAVE 4 PLAYERS?"
Varsoon
Varsoon
Scatman
Varsoon
Scatman
Scatman

Post Post #668 (isolation #19) » Wed Mar 13, 2019 7:18 am

Post by Varsoon »

You arguing with Joan is tired.
Can you put that energy towards anything else?
Varsoon
Varsoon
Scatman
Varsoon
Scatman
Scatman

Post Post #673 (isolation #20) » Wed Mar 13, 2019 7:26 am

Post by Varsoon »

I mean, if I am a detector, that does define my capacity for detection. :P
Sometimes things occur to me that are right. Most the time it doesn't feel that way.
Varsoon
Varsoon
Scatman
Varsoon
Scatman
Scatman

Post Post #677 (isolation #21) » Wed Mar 13, 2019 7:27 am

Post by Varsoon »

Nah.
Varsoon
Varsoon
Scatman
Varsoon
Scatman
Scatman

Post Post #680 (isolation #22) » Wed Mar 13, 2019 7:33 am

Post by Varsoon »

To be transparent, I've been engaging with Jean and initiating far more than they have with me.
Varsoon
Varsoon
Scatman
Varsoon
Scatman
Scatman

Post Post #681 (isolation #23) » Wed Mar 13, 2019 7:33 am

Post by Varsoon »

So it doesn't really smell of a buddying attempt to me.
Varsoon
Varsoon
Scatman
Varsoon
Scatman
Scatman

Post Post #688 (isolation #24) » Wed Mar 13, 2019 8:54 am

Post by Varsoon »

The real question here is this:
Would wgeurts design a publicly used ability that isn't Innocent Child that would confirm a player's alignment beyond a reasonable doubt?
Varsoon
Varsoon
Scatman
Varsoon
Scatman
Scatman

Post Post #690 (isolation #25) » Wed Mar 13, 2019 9:03 am

Post by Varsoon »

That's a cop ability that you have to work towards.
I mean out the gate, D1, do you think an ability like Firebringer's would be designed with the intent that it should confirm alignment one way or another?
Varsoon
Varsoon
Scatman
Varsoon
Scatman
Scatman

Post Post #695 (isolation #26) » Wed Mar 13, 2019 9:19 am

Post by Varsoon »

Yeah it's not like they were a friendly neighbor and confirmed as town for me, so I told them my role so that we could best co-ordinate our efforts.
Varsoon
Varsoon
Scatman
Varsoon
Scatman
Scatman

Post Post #696 (isolation #27) » Wed Mar 13, 2019 9:20 am

Post by Varsoon »

But I guess fakesnek feels threatened so I'm cool with my vote being there.

Varsoon
Varsoon
Scatman
Varsoon
Scatman
Scatman

Post Post #698 (isolation #28) » Wed Mar 13, 2019 9:21 am

Post by Varsoon »

I'm cool with that.
Varsoon
Varsoon
Scatman
Varsoon
Scatman
Scatman

Post Post #701 (isolation #29) » Wed Mar 13, 2019 9:27 am

Post by Varsoon »

Again, Joan is confirmed town to me. There's literally no reason for me not to share my role unless I'm scum there.
And I'm not all that worried about scum stopping me--I took durable, after all.
However, this event makes me think scum has a strongman ability or can get access to one so
I am now reconsidering that.
This should be pretty evident but you somehow missed that and are misrepresenting the arc of my approach.

So yeah
Vote on you stays.
And people told ME to read the game.
Varsoon
Varsoon
Scatman
Varsoon
Scatman
Scatman

Post Post #703 (isolation #30) » Wed Mar 13, 2019 9:30 am

Post by Varsoon »

In post 700, Tsuchinoko wrote:
In post 696, Varsoon wrote:But I guess fakesnek feels threatened so I'm cool with my vote being there.

Also, if we're gonna talk about feeling threatened, ur the one that placed a vote a bit after a post where I announced a scumlean on you.
Did I? 'cus I think I voted you in literally the first serious post I made in the game, after a lengthy catchup.
Wow it's like
I also voted after 400 other posts
let's correlate some garbage so we can make really tenuous connections, yeah?
Sounds like a good plan, keep it up.

Also, while embarrassing, I'm not even aware you scumleaned me. I know some people did because I was absent, but literally 20 pages in 24 hours so that shit bothers me, too. Fuck, I SHOULD have been voting you for scumleaning me because you had no reason to at the time. Seems like a 'safe' stance to take and now you're being forced to double down.

Eat the cake.
Varsoon
Varsoon
Scatman
Varsoon
Scatman
Scatman

Post Post #704 (isolation #31) » Wed Mar 13, 2019 9:30 am

Post by Varsoon »

In post 575, Varsoon wrote:@FirEnter: Oh, Yume's town, they're a friendly neighbor. Did I fail to mention that?
Varsoon
Varsoon
Scatman
Varsoon
Scatman
Scatman

Post Post #717 (isolation #32) » Wed Mar 13, 2019 9:49 am

Post by Varsoon »

Here's the problem:
Who is actual scum?
With the way that FireStarter has been treated, I think the scum team isn't interested in pushing him (either due to wanting to avoid his ire, because it's unpopular, or because he's scum with them--albeit unlikely) and so I believe that scum's much more likely to be in people either defending FireStarter or avoiding it altogether.

That's part of why I've been critical of you, Tsuchinoko.
Varsoon
Varsoon
Scatman
Varsoon
Scatman
Scatman

Post Post #725 (isolation #33) » Wed Mar 13, 2019 9:52 am

Post by Varsoon »

If FB is town, he's basically a town dayvig.
If FB is scum, scum gain little to nothing for a bus there and given the tempo of response to the D1 lynch, they can probably get away not pushing him.
Makes plenty of sense to me.
Varsoon
Varsoon
Scatman
Varsoon
Scatman
Scatman

Post Post #751 (isolation #34) » Wed Mar 13, 2019 10:08 am

Post by Varsoon »

In post 731, Tsuchinoko wrote:
In post 725, Varsoon wrote:If FB is town, he's basically a town dayvig.
If FB is scum, scum gain little to nothing for a bus there and given the tempo of response to the D1 lynch, they can probably get away not pushing him.
Makes plenty of sense to me.
How is scum supposed to know he has more shots of what he can do?
Like I get that, but also the inverse is true. If FB is town, he is basically a town dayvig, and if scum are SCARED of that, they should be opting to removing that right away.
if FB is scum, they could plan how they want to bus him and then try to get cred off of that, keep in mind that his flip will bring tons of cred because as you're saying, its a powerful role.
This is acting like scum can't just remove a role they are scared of by killing it.
They wouldn't get as much cred off a bus because
1. I already called it out
2. It's an unpopular wagon so forcing a bus there would be awkward.

If scum doesn't know his shots, their best job against a town FB is to avoid/buddy, hope he lands any other shots elsewhere, and kill him if he seems like a thread down the line because right now he's more a liability to town and worth keeping around from their PoV, I gotta figure.
Varsoon
Varsoon
Scatman
Varsoon
Scatman
Scatman

Post Post #763 (isolation #35) » Wed Mar 13, 2019 10:18 am

Post by Varsoon »

Scum in this game strike me far more as 'wait and see' types based on game tempo, unless FB is their lead, and I highly doubt FB is their lead because ROLE RELATED REASONS.

Anyway.
I'm still cool with a push out on Mephisto because Mephisto is not present at all from what I can tell.
Varsoon
Varsoon
Scatman
Varsoon
Scatman
Scatman

Post Post #766 (isolation #36) » Wed Mar 13, 2019 10:21 am

Post by Varsoon »

That's cool but if your defense is 'Well scum could do anything!' it really doesn't absolve my unease over your alignment.
Varsoon
Varsoon
Scatman
Varsoon
Scatman
Scatman

Post Post #769 (isolation #37) » Wed Mar 13, 2019 10:26 am

Post by Varsoon »

I dunno, Alisae, are you a better scum player?
What are your stats and what are mine? Back that shit up.

Also, wait, you've made ALL The posts on this account?
I thought Singletonking made some?
Varsoon
Varsoon
Scatman
Varsoon
Scatman
Scatman

Post Post #771 (isolation #38) » Wed Mar 13, 2019 10:28 am

Post by Varsoon »

Also, the fact none of ya'll wanted to make a Federation with me really bothers me, I hate all you cowards.
Varsoon
Varsoon
Scatman
Varsoon
Scatman
Scatman

Post Post #772 (isolation #39) » Wed Mar 13, 2019 10:29 am

Post by Varsoon »

When any mod runs a neighborhood mechanic in a game it's only ever because I made them popular again and when people avoid hooding me it's like "Yeah I didnt wanna play with the toys I usually am excited to give other people, fuck me."
Varsoon
Varsoon
Scatman
Varsoon
Scatman
Scatman

Post Post #774 (isolation #40) » Wed Mar 13, 2019 10:30 am

Post by Varsoon »

^ Okay that's quite vain but still.
Uggggh

P-EDIT: Why have you had such a tonal shift as of the recent votes against you, then?
You also had a scummy mod banner and ayy I'd argue I got the better stats, my guy
Varsoon
Varsoon
Scatman
Varsoon
Scatman
Scatman

Post Post #775 (isolation #41) » Wed Mar 13, 2019 10:31 am

Post by Varsoon »

Oh hey your post was also pretty vain
why are we dueling on our high horses?
Varsoon
Varsoon
Scatman
Varsoon
Scatman
Scatman

Post Post #777 (isolation #42) » Wed Mar 13, 2019 10:36 am

Post by Varsoon »

Woah Alisae if your method of securing that banner is to murder me in cold blood slow down it's just a modfather achievement, it's okay, you can have it.

But why'd you drop all the jokey sssssnake stuff?
Varsoon
Varsoon
Scatman
Varsoon
Scatman
Scatman

Post Post #778 (isolation #43) » Wed Mar 13, 2019 10:37 am

Post by Varsoon »

I even called you fakesnek and didn't get a response like it did before as an attempt to test this.
Varsoon
Varsoon
Scatman
Varsoon
Scatman
Scatman

Post Post #780 (isolation #44) » Wed Mar 13, 2019 10:39 am

Post by Varsoon »

So then what triggered your urge to post normally? Because, to me, it seems like my catchup and push towards you did that.
Varsoon
Varsoon
Scatman
Varsoon
Scatman
Scatman

Post Post #785 (isolation #45) » Wed Mar 13, 2019 10:44 am

Post by Varsoon »

Then don't try at it and just be honest.
Maybe that's why your slot pinged me more than anything.
By design, your posts had a level of dishonesty and fabrication to them.

P-EDIT: So do you understand why I think it's awkward that you're speaking french all game and I go "Hey that French dude might be tricking us" and you break character and say, in English, "Uh, howso?"

I would.
Varsoon
Varsoon
Scatman
Varsoon
Scatman
Scatman

Post Post #793 (isolation #46) » Wed Mar 13, 2019 10:52 am

Post by Varsoon »

So anyway Tsuchinoko, who is scum?
Can I get some of your other thoughts?
I don't think you're going to assuage my concerns about your slot right now through directly engaging me in regards to why I scumread you, if that makes sense.
Varsoon
Varsoon
Scatman
Varsoon
Scatman
Scatman

Post Post #797 (isolation #47) » Wed Mar 13, 2019 10:59 am

Post by Varsoon »

I'm sticking around, but I'm about to end OT on my shift and then I'm busy tonight.
Varsoon
Varsoon
Scatman
Varsoon
Scatman
Scatman

Post Post #801 (isolation #48) » Wed Mar 13, 2019 11:10 am

Post by Varsoon »

That's right, I can.

P-EDIT: Shit.
Varsoon
Varsoon
Scatman
Varsoon
Scatman
Scatman

Post Post #803 (isolation #49) » Wed Mar 13, 2019 11:12 am

Post by Varsoon »

I don't like all those townreads.
Varsoon
Varsoon
Scatman
Varsoon
Scatman
Scatman

Post Post #804 (isolation #50) » Wed Mar 13, 2019 11:12 am

Post by Varsoon »

Maybe you are the better player 'cus I couldn't even tell you everyone who is in this game.
Varsoon
Varsoon
Scatman
Varsoon
Scatman
Scatman

Post Post #808 (isolation #51) » Wed Mar 13, 2019 11:14 am

Post by Varsoon »

Obviously, you HAVE TO BE wrong about a person or two :P
Varsoon
Varsoon
Scatman
Varsoon
Scatman
Scatman

Post Post #810 (isolation #52) » Wed Mar 13, 2019 11:16 am

Post by Varsoon »

You being so complaint also gives me the heebie jeebies.
Varsoon
Varsoon
Scatman
Varsoon
Scatman
Scatman

Post Post #813 (isolation #53) » Wed Mar 13, 2019 11:19 am

Post by Varsoon »

I'm glad you're feeling better.
Varsoon
Varsoon
Scatman
Varsoon
Scatman
Scatman

Post Post #820 (isolation #54) » Wed Mar 13, 2019 11:26 am

Post by Varsoon »

Hey man, I've seen town Nero dunk on scum before.
Varsoon
Varsoon
Scatman
Varsoon
Scatman
Scatman

Post Post #822 (isolation #55) » Wed Mar 13, 2019 11:27 am

Post by Varsoon »

Well then why wasn't I turbo-lynched D1?
Cruel fate.
Varsoon
Varsoon
Scatman
Varsoon
Scatman
Scatman

Post Post #831 (isolation #56) » Wed Mar 13, 2019 11:33 am

Post by Varsoon »

Dude, I'll policy lynch someone right now, who are we policy lynching?
Varsoon
Varsoon
Scatman
Varsoon
Scatman
Scatman

Post Post #832 (isolation #57) » Wed Mar 13, 2019 11:34 am

Post by Varsoon »

Also, I wish people's response to players like Nancy or Titus or Joan wasn't to just groan loudly about them being untenable
It's a game of rhetoric
people are gonna have a different approach entirely from you
Part of the game is working around that
Varsoon
Varsoon
Scatman
Varsoon
Scatman
Scatman

Post Post #837 (isolation #58) » Wed Mar 13, 2019 11:41 am

Post by Varsoon »

I do my job because I'm salaried.
C'mon, Alibae, I'm a teacher.
Varsoon
Varsoon
Scatman
Varsoon
Scatman
Scatman

Post Post #842 (isolation #59) » Wed Mar 13, 2019 11:48 am

Post by Varsoon »

In post 838, Tsuchinoko wrote:Actual real question tho, I want you to engage me on reads and you're not doing that. :(

Sorry thats not really a question its more of a I want to change the subject to something thats productive.

pedit: WAIT YOU ARE HOW COME I NEVER KNEW THIS.
What grade do you teach and if you teach a subject what subject.
In post 841, Tsuchinoko wrote:
In post 840, Alisae wrote:Oh actually ya know why,
its probably because you don't have an updated GTKAS
Woops sorry :(

Should I just do another one of those, but updated?
:3
Varsoon
Varsoon
Scatman
Varsoon
Scatman
Scatman

Post Post #843 (isolation #60) » Wed Mar 13, 2019 11:48 am

Post by Varsoon »

I actually have faith that Jean won't bungle LYLO if Jean has a good ally to go into it with.
Varsoon
Varsoon
Scatman
Varsoon
Scatman
Scatman

Post Post #852 (isolation #61) » Wed Mar 13, 2019 11:57 am

Post by Varsoon »

I want to give Mephstaphanies time to come into the game thread and post in response to all this before running them up.
I saw what happened on D1. I won't be complicit in a return to that.
Too many players haven't posted anything of substance and it's D2.
I won't let D2 end before that happens.

Also, I queue'd up for the GTKAS. My last one was in almost on Mar 18, 2014! It's been almost 5 years exactly! How'bout that?
Varsoon
Varsoon
Scatman
Varsoon
Scatman
Scatman

Post Post #944 (isolation #62) » Wed Mar 13, 2019 3:00 pm

Post by Varsoon »

In post 889, Keyser Söze wrote:I've played with and against town-Varsoon in a couple games and this feels like the same him. He is a very bullish and strong-willed player (with the odd dash of self deprecation) who I think would find it hard to convey that same resolute vibe as scum.
Anyone with scum-Varsoon meta to disagree?
@Varsoon - do you feel I am town reading you too easy here? :giggle:

(Note: I don't think I have played with scum-Varsoon before)
It's probably an easy townread but I can't fault you it because it's true and it comes from a believable explanation.
Were you in Prey? I recently won that as scum.
Otherwise, I think Dunnstral (and maybe others?) were in Excalibur where I won as scum as well.
Holy shit, I've been winning as scum a lot lately.
Alisae, I think my stats might be better than yours, shiny badge or not. :cool:
In post 942, Keyser Söze wrote:
In post 843, Varsoon wrote:I actually have faith that Jean won't bungle LYLO if Jean has a good ally to go into it with.
What did this post mean?
Jean performs worse when other players fail to engage and undermine her.
Jean does best with players who respect her and are willing to listen and see things from her PoV.
If Jean goes into LYLO with enough town who have built that trust, Jean will be a critical and worthwhile teammate in that case.

@Alisnake (Tsuchinoko): You're really amicable and while I am willing to wager a lot of that has to do with your new outlook on life, it also makes me wary of you.
I'm probably not going to consider you lock-town unless I have mechanical proof; both because you've touted up your scumgame here AND because you said something that struck me
In post 909, Tsuchinoko wrote:I think I can convince Varsoon I'm town :]
Who's next?
Not
"I think I can prove I'm town to Varsoon"
Not
"I think I can get Varsoon to realize that I am town"
but the very subjective
"I think I can convince Varsoon I'm town"

It just
doesn't sit right with me
I dunno.
Varsoon
Varsoon
Scatman
Varsoon
Scatman
Scatman

Post Post #954 (isolation #63) » Wed Mar 13, 2019 3:16 pm

Post by Varsoon »

In post 949, Keyser Söze wrote:Joan's 'charisma'-case on Tsuch makes me want to take a step back on that slot. Tsuch's transparency and relentless-energy had admittedly won me over.
Ah, another loss to the deadly charisma of scum-Tsuch
Varsoon
Varsoon
Scatman
Varsoon
Scatman
Scatman

Post Post #956 (isolation #64) » Wed Mar 13, 2019 3:18 pm

Post by Varsoon »

MAYBE OTHERS
Varsoon
Varsoon
Scatman
Varsoon
Scatman
Scatman

Post Post #961 (isolation #65) » Wed Mar 13, 2019 3:20 pm

Post by Varsoon »

In post 959, Tsuchinoko wrote:V I wanted to talk reads with you but you stood me up when I tried to talk about reads and that actually makes me feel sad :(
Apologies
Varsoon
Varsoon
Scatman
Varsoon
Scatman
Scatman

Post Post #974 (isolation #66) » Wed Mar 13, 2019 3:39 pm

Post by Varsoon »

Why are you townreading Dunnstrall here, Tsuch?
Also I could talk more about your reads but ugggggh
that's so boring
Varsoon
Varsoon
Scatman
Varsoon
Scatman
Scatman

Post Post #977 (isolation #67) » Wed Mar 13, 2019 3:54 pm

Post by Varsoon »

Yeah sure I'm sure that he's got NO OTHER WAY TO ACCESS ASCENSION PERKS and that a NEGATIVE UTILITY will DEFINITELY prove that he's town.
Varsoon
Varsoon
Scatman
Varsoon
Scatman
Scatman

Post Post #978 (isolation #68) » Wed Mar 13, 2019 3:56 pm

Post by Varsoon »

Like you do realize that it proves nothing if he just GETS AN ASCENSION PERK FROM LYNCHING TOWN, HOLDS OFF ON USING IT, THEN FAKES THAT HE GOT ONE FROM BEING SCUM, RIGHT?

Mod CONFIRMED that there will be NO MORE REMINDERS about who MAY PICK ASCENSION PERKS

Holy fuck come on with this
Varsoon
Varsoon
Scatman
Varsoon
Scatman
Scatman

Post Post #981 (isolation #69) » Wed Mar 13, 2019 3:59 pm

Post by Varsoon »

So do you think that shit was MOD OVERSIGHT that MOD SLIPPED DUNN'S ALIGN and generally POOR GAME DESIGN
or maybe that Dunn, silent Dunn, unusually mechanically focused Dunn, maybe has a scum ace up his sleeve and should be given a little more scrutiny?

P-EDIT: Exactly that.

P-P-EDIT: No, it can't prove he's town. Literally the ONLY way it can SEEM to is if Dunn is ONLY on a SCUM lynch, then has a PROVABLE PERK and LIVES TO DO THAT and even if ALL THOSE STARS ALIGN all it proves is that he GOT AN ASCENSION PERK not that he's town.

@MOD: Is the ONLY way to get Ascension Perks tied to lynching?
Is it possible that players may get Ascension Perks in some other way?
Varsoon
Varsoon
Scatman
Varsoon
Scatman
Scatman

Post Post #1211 (isolation #70) » Sun Mar 17, 2019 12:11 pm

Post by Varsoon »

We should definitely deprive the Mafia NK, right?
Varsoon
Varsoon
Scatman
Varsoon
Scatman
Scatman

Post Post #1556 (isolation #71) » Tue Mar 19, 2019 1:48 am

Post by Varsoon »

I skipped the last 10 pages. What's going on?
@Mod: Does every scum team member get 2 techs from this event or is it just 2 total new techs for the scum team total?

Keep a few things in mind, folks:
Everyone's first technologies do NOTHING.
Forcing scum to have to forfeit using abilities in order to research to finally get an ability from tech sure does seem preferable to LETTING SCUM HAVE A KILL
Varsoon
Varsoon
Scatman
Varsoon
Scatman
Scatman

Post Post #1563 (isolation #72) » Tue Mar 19, 2019 1:51 am

Post by Varsoon »

General game balance, I imagine?
If the game is inherently balanced such that scum can get a voting majority on D4 like that, then, whatever. Oh no I lost an unbalanced game where town shot itself in the foot, woe is me.
Varsoon
Varsoon
Scatman
Varsoon
Scatman
Scatman

Post Post #1572 (isolation #73) » Tue Mar 19, 2019 1:56 am

Post by Varsoon »

In post 1566, Dunnstral wrote:
In post 1563, Varsoon wrote:General game balance, I imagine?
If the game is inherently balanced such that scum can get a voting majority on D4 like that, then, whatever. Oh no I lost an unbalanced game where town shot itself in the foot, woe is me.
The problem with this game is that 2 townies had way too much power in deciding lynches

It's not balanced so don't rely on it being balanced in deciding what we do from here on

If you're going "Oh well it isn't balanced" then any level of strategy besides lynching scum is pointless.
So let's just lynch scum.
Varsoon
Varsoon
Scatman
Varsoon
Scatman
Scatman

Post Post #1577 (isolation #74) » Tue Mar 19, 2019 2:02 am

Post by Varsoon »

Fairly certain there's scum in MariaR and Dunnstral.
Varsoon
Varsoon
Scatman
Varsoon
Scatman
Scatman

Post Post #1581 (isolation #75) » Tue Mar 19, 2019 2:03 am

Post by Varsoon »

Scum also have no way of knowing who requires more votes to lynch than they think, so they risk exposing themselves entirely if we don't massclaim and they federation up for a quick play at power.
Varsoon
Varsoon
Scatman
Varsoon
Scatman
Scatman

Post Post #1582 (isolation #76) » Tue Mar 19, 2019 2:04 am

Post by Varsoon »

In post 1580, Dunnstral wrote:
In post 1577, Varsoon wrote:Fairly certain there's scum in MariaR and Dunnstral.
Why?
Don't like either of ya'll's approach to this game so far.
Varsoon
Varsoon
Scatman
Varsoon
Scatman
Scatman

Post Post #1586 (isolation #77) » Tue Mar 19, 2019 2:07 am

Post by Varsoon »

General absence into more direct and power play late-game.
I dunno what else.
I just expect a more consistent baseline from you both as town.
Varsoon
Varsoon
Scatman
Varsoon
Scatman
Scatman

Post Post #1588 (isolation #78) » Tue Mar 19, 2019 2:08 am

Post by Varsoon »

OH yeah, Tsuchinoko might be scum still
huh.
Varsoon
Varsoon
Scatman
Varsoon
Scatman
Scatman

Post Post #1590 (isolation #79) » Tue Mar 19, 2019 2:10 am

Post by Varsoon »

That makes me worry even more.
Varsoon
Varsoon
Scatman
Varsoon
Scatman
Scatman

Post Post #1596 (isolation #80) » Tue Mar 19, 2019 2:13 am

Post by Varsoon »

In post 1592, Dunnstral wrote:Has everybody explained their trait choices?

Varsoon, why did you take durable?
I didn't want to get shot and die.
Varsoon
Varsoon
Scatman
Varsoon
Scatman
Scatman

Post Post #1601 (isolation #81) » Tue Mar 19, 2019 2:18 am

Post by Varsoon »

In post 1597, Tsuchinoko wrote:
In post 1595, Dunnstral wrote:Who are the poe scum?
me and Maria think we caught scum!V so I think this is where I am going to push today after seeing certain posts that were being made
VOTE: Varsoon

Case coming up soon :)
This is a scum push.
In post 1598, Dunnstral wrote:
In post 1596, Varsoon wrote:
In post 1592, Dunnstral wrote:Has everybody explained their trait choices?

Varsoon, why did you take durable?
I didn't want to get shot and die.
OK.

I think that's scum reasoning, whereas town should want to take, say, a cop check along with a few other people to try to confirm someone
I already had a cop check.
Show me the Mechanical Trait that is a cop check, though?
Varsoon
Varsoon
Scatman
Varsoon
Scatman
Scatman

Post Post #1603 (isolation #82) » Tue Mar 19, 2019 2:20 am

Post by Varsoon »

Seriously, dude, I hope you ARE town so you can eat shit and lose game for pushing such a garbage fucking push
Varsoon
Varsoon
Scatman
Varsoon
Scatman
Scatman

Post Post #1604 (isolation #83) » Tue Mar 19, 2019 2:20 am

Post by Varsoon »

Like fuck it, man, I'm struggling to engage and keep up with this game and you come at me with this two-pronged fucking trash?
Fuck it, lynch me and game end it, I'm done.
Varsoon
Varsoon
Scatman
Varsoon
Scatman
Scatman

Post Post #1608 (isolation #84) » Tue Mar 19, 2019 2:22 am

Post by Varsoon »

Go ahead and let Mafia get an NK tonight even though the techs won't help them nearly as much--whatever full-throttles this game into being over with. It's obvious you rude assholes don't care.

P-EDIT
IGNORING STATEMENTS ABOUT ALIGNMENT AND SPECULATION
Varsoon
Varsoon
Scatman
Varsoon
Scatman
Scatman

Post Post #1611 (isolation #85) » Tue Mar 19, 2019 2:23 am

Post by Varsoon »

If I pick that ability and it is a threat to scum, I die N1 after the turbo-lynch from FireShitters and we lose my FUCKING COP ability
Jesus you're all so fucking dense.
Varsoon
Varsoon
Scatman
Varsoon
Scatman
Scatman

Post Post #1615 (isolation #86) » Tue Mar 19, 2019 2:24 am

Post by Varsoon »

Furthermore, it's publicly confirmed that I have Durable or Logic Engines, so the only obvious choice is Durable, since Logic Engines paints a huge target on my back AND lets scum to know just not to lie. If I try to browbeat scum into lying, then I'm playing in the douchiest way possible and that's not what I'm about to reduce the game to.
Varsoon
Varsoon
Scatman
Varsoon
Scatman
Scatman

Post Post #1620 (isolation #87) » Tue Mar 19, 2019 2:26 am

Post by Varsoon »

"I haven't even published the case yet but uhhh you're not allowed to talk about how us pushing the most obvious town player, by mechanics, is a scum push, okay? Especially when you've been scumreading me and MariaR all game."

Eat a turd.
Varsoon
Varsoon
Scatman
Varsoon
Scatman
Scatman

Post Post #1624 (isolation #88) » Tue Mar 19, 2019 2:30 am

Post by Varsoon »

Sorry, I'm really pissed off at what I believe are scum players trying for what they see to be an easy lynch on me because
1. It undermines my play and contributions and makes me feel like a trash person
2. It flies in the face of everything that mechanically points to me being town
3. It comes right as I'm trying to actually get back into the game

But again, whatever, I'm taking deep breaths and resolving not to care, it's whatever
Lynch me if you think it'll really help us win the game, I'd be less stressed to be dead.
Varsoon
Varsoon
Scatman
Varsoon
Scatman
Scatman

Post Post #1627 (isolation #89) » Tue Mar 19, 2019 2:32 am

Post by Varsoon »

Desperate Measures: Aye

I don't care that the mafia gets 2 techs each.
If we just lynch scum, we win.
This buys us a second lynch.
Varsoon
Varsoon
Scatman
Varsoon
Scatman
Scatman

Post Post #1641 (isolation #90) » Tue Mar 19, 2019 2:44 am

Post by Varsoon »

Nah, I'm not unvoting, nor do I have a page-long case.
If you think that makes me scum when I've all but confirmed myself as otherwise,
feel free to lose the game by lynching me.
Varsoon
Varsoon
Scatman
Varsoon
Scatman
Scatman

Post Post #1644 (isolation #91) » Tue Mar 19, 2019 2:45 am

Post by Varsoon »

It's incredibly disingenuous to frame me as taking infinity Engine from town when I am town, you dip.
I WAS THE ONE WHO KEPT SCUM FROM GETTING IT.
Varsoon
Varsoon
Scatman
Varsoon
Scatman
Scatman

Post Post #1647 (isolation #92) » Tue Mar 19, 2019 2:46 am

Post by Varsoon »

Scum KNOWS they can't kill me, so they need to force out a lynch on me.
Wish people would just THINK for ONE SECOND.
Varsoon
Varsoon
Scatman
Varsoon
Scatman
Scatman

Post Post #1652 (isolation #93) » Tue Mar 19, 2019 2:48 am

Post by Varsoon »

Tell me why I shouldn't self-vote right now out of spite.
Varsoon
Varsoon
Scatman
Varsoon
Scatman
Scatman

Post Post #1655 (isolation #94) » Tue Mar 19, 2019 2:51 am

Post by Varsoon »

Nah, I'm awful at this game and town's already sabotaged itself into being absolutely destroyed by a scum team that's doing literally nothing to earn this win, so whatever.

Gonna dump my role in the next post. Jean can confirm if they care to.
Varsoon
Varsoon
Scatman
Varsoon
Scatman
Scatman

Post Post #1656 (isolation #95) » Tue Mar 19, 2019 2:52 am

Post by Varsoon »

[Rogue Servitors]
- Activate during a Night and pick a target. Your target is prevented from taking any actions that Night and is protected from one kill. (1-Shot)
[Constructobot]
- Activate during a Night and pick one of the following effects to give to a player, you may pick each option once:
The amount of votes required to lynch your target is increased by one for the remainder of the Day. Has no effect if three players remain alive.
The amount of votes required to lynch your target is decreased by one for the remainder of the Day. Has no effect if three players remain alive.
Your target is protected from one killing action throughout the duration of the game.

[Durable] - Activate during a Night to protect yourself from one kill that Night. (1-Shot)

Techs available to research:

Specialised Combat Computers

Activate during a Night and pick a target. If your target tries to kill you that Night they are targeted by the kill instead. (1-Shot)

Quantum Theory

Exploring the mediation of fundamental forces through subatomic particles.

Combat Training

Activate during a Night to increased the amount required to lynch you by one during the next Day. You lose access to this ability if three players remain alive. (1-Shot)
Varsoon
Varsoon
Scatman
Varsoon
Scatman
Scatman

Post Post #1658 (isolation #96) » Tue Mar 19, 2019 2:53 am

Post by Varsoon »

Eat my shorts.
Varsoon
Varsoon
Scatman
Varsoon
Scatman
Scatman

Post Post #2420 (isolation #97) » Tue Mar 26, 2019 9:59 am

Post by Varsoon »

Thanks for running the game, wgeurts. Hope you recover/are doing well after your accident. Take it easy and all that.

Glad to know I had Tsuchinoko dead to rights and town lost largely because scum got so pooter peeved by my claim that they convinced moderation it was an infraction when it wasn't.
Varsoon
Varsoon
Scatman
Varsoon
Scatman
Scatman

Post Post #2422 (isolation #98) » Tue Mar 26, 2019 10:00 am

Post by Varsoon »

Thanks for the half-year ban, you absolute children.
Varsoon
Varsoon
Scatman
Varsoon
Scatman
Scatman

Post Post #2427 (isolation #99) » Tue Mar 26, 2019 10:01 am

Post by Varsoon »

It'll give me time to design and run my next game, which I'm tempted to blacklist this entire playerlist from, because apparently people here don't comprehend the difference between posting a role PM in a thread, claiming a role, and quoting the moderator.
Varsoon
Varsoon
Scatman
Varsoon
Scatman
Scatman

Post Post #2429 (isolation #100) » Tue Mar 26, 2019 10:02 am

Post by Varsoon »

In post 2424, brassherald wrote:
In post 2422, Varsoon wrote:Thanks for the half-year ban, you absolute children.
Thanks for the win?
Ain't a win by any measure, but if it makes you feel better about the game, feel free to call it that.

Return to “Completed Large Theme Games”