MS Fantasy Camp 2: Reaper's Tale! (Finished!)

Plessiez
Plessiez
Goon
Plessiez
Goon
Goon

Post Post #1439 (isolation #0) » Mon May 05, 2014 6:30 am

Post by Plessiez »

Sorry for not being Regfan, I guess.

(I am a bit bemused that I'm replacing in ahead of both of the named replacements, actually. But whatever.)

I was half-heartedly following the game a couple of weeks ago (which is why I told the mods I'd be interested in being a replacement), but I haven't been doing that for a while. I do remember having town-reads on Zdenek, Sixty, Shadoweh and Cerulean and being a bit dubious about Venmar and Tim Howard, but I'll probably have to go and actually read the thread if I'm ever going to say anything intelligent.

If anyone wants to post summaries
so I can accuse them of being scum trying too hard to be helpful
, I guess that's fine too.
Plessiez
Plessiez
Goon
Plessiez
Goon
Goon

Post Post #1441 (isolation #1) » Mon May 05, 2014 8:37 am

Post by Plessiez »

In post 1440, Shadoweh wrote:Katsukii vengekilled sangres.
I completely missed this :?. (I mean, I saw that sangres died on day 1, but I thought it was a mystery as to why it happened. Oh well.)

I noticed people being angry though. Didn't really get why (and I assume it's better not to get into it).
Plessiez
Plessiez
Goon
Plessiez
Goon
Goon

Post Post #1442 (isolation #2) » Mon May 05, 2014 8:42 am

Post by Plessiez »

Anyway.

I started reading the game again from the beginning, but ... well, reading multiple pages of people I don't know very well trying to imitate the posting style of
other
people I don't know very well is less engrossing than you might assume. I want to go back to day 1 to look at (among other things), the fall-out of Tammy's replace-out (especially Tim Howard's , which is just a bizarre post for several reasons), and the posts immediately leading up to the (accidental?) hammer. I read as far as LLD's and Zdenek's early claims, kind of think both of them look town for them.

(Although a non-compulsive town framer does seem ... weird?)

Skipped to the start of day 2.

Not sure what's up with all the naked votes and prod-dodges. Shadoweh's reaction to the apathy strengthens my town-read on her, though.

I didn't really understand where the kanye votes were coming from, but the points made in and seem pretty strong and I'm not sure why the kanye wagon basically collapsed soon after this. Kanye says he moved his vote away from Tim Howard because (1) nobody was interested in voting for him and "even Venmar was a bigger wagon" and (2) he didn't realise how close deadline was. Zdenek and Shadoweh point out the conflict between this and the actual vote counts / what kanye said at the time and the result is ... general indifference?

I really don't like Tim Howard's . UT's captures my reaction to that fairly well. Reasoning like "I think X is town, Y is pushing them so might be scum" just seems ... off. Who scumhunts this way? (Also, Tim says they don't think
Venmar
could fake frustration but they still can't get a read on a hydra with
Tammy
in? After Tammy's big replace out post in day 1? This doesn't make sense to me.)

Reading consecutive prod-dodges (, and more on the same page) doesn't exactly give the impression that the game is a hive of activity. Would like to see the reread promised in 1358 at some point.
Plessiez
Plessiez
Goon
Plessiez
Goon
Goon

Post Post #1443 (isolation #3) » Mon May 05, 2014 8:51 am

Post by Plessiez »

A few isolated comments/questions:

Venmar's seems like a really forced interpretation of what Chamber said. I don't understand how you read "I've toned down the obv!town a bit" as anything like "I'm scummy but not that scummy". At the same time, I think chamber is probably town. (Unless I'm confusing him with somebody else, chamber hates being scum, right?)

Reading leaves me wondering if Nero still doesn't get how the double voting thing works. (And I think I get that even without having done much more than skim day 1.) Would appreciate it if he explained his current understanding of that again.

Until reading I thought Tammy had replaced-out for good. Tammy, when did you come back to the game and can you point to some other posts you've made? (I was assuming all of day 2 Cerulean was Empire.)

NobodySpecial's concern about naked votes (in ) would seem more genuine if his very last post before that wasn't itself ... a naked vote. (He did talk about wanting to lynch Plum in the post before that, to be fair.) NS, why do you suspect Plum?

Posts like and are probably enough to give me a weak town-read on Flipping. F-16's thought process just seems pretty transparent and he's reacting to things quite like I was while reading day 2 myself.

... I'm probably going to have to stop putting off reading day 1 soon.
Plessiez
Plessiez
Goon
Plessiez
Goon
Goon

Post Post #1467 (isolation #4) » Mon May 05, 2014 10:32 am

Post by Plessiez »

In post 1434, Zdenek wrote:LLD might be scum for her interaction with sangres early in the game.
Can you expand on this? (I've read ... about a third of day 1 now, I guess, and I don't remember any LLD/sangres interactions beyond LLD voting sangres at one point.)
In post 1461, Zdenek wrote:I know that I would currently love to lynch LLD
Have you given up on lynching Kanye then? Because that's looking like a better option to me at the moment.
Plessiez
Plessiez
Goon
Plessiez
Goon
Goon

Post Post #1482 (isolation #5) » Mon May 05, 2014 12:11 pm

Post by Plessiez »

In post 1479, Lost Butterfly wrote:
Not voting - (3):
ChannelDelibird
I think there's a reason he's not voting :?.

Anyway. I've now read up to post 900. Can't really say it felt that productive. Fairly strong town reads on chamber and Flipping Awesome now though, which I guess is something.

I'll try to finish reading day 1 and to muster the enthusiasm to make proper posts tomorrow.
Plessiez
Plessiez
Goon
Plessiez
Goon
Goon

Post Post #1504 (isolation #6) » Mon May 05, 2014 11:12 pm

Post by Plessiez »

In post 1502, Nero Cain wrote:
In post 1484, kanyeknowsbest wrote:pleasiez is probably scum
Why?
It's a mystery! Oh, wait:
In post 1442, Plessiez wrote:I didn't really understand where the kanye votes were coming from, but the points made in 1313 and 1318 seem pretty strong and I'm not sure why the kanye wagon basically collapsed soon after this. Kanye says he moved his vote away from Tim Howard because (1) nobody was interested in voting for him and "even Venmar was a bigger wagon" and (2) he didn't realise how close deadline was. Zdenek and Shadoweh point out the conflict between this and the actual vote counts / what kanye said at the time and the result is ... general indifference?
In post 1467, Plessiez wrote:Have you given up on lynching Kanye then? Because that's looking like a better option to me at the moment.
Maybe it's not such a mystery :roll:.

VOTE: kanyeknowsbest
In post 1502, Nero Cain wrote:yeah, alignments are random so role speculation doesn't work. We've been over this on d1. Either Venmar is scum or neither of is scum.
I agree that chamber is wrong to say that Venmar and Nero are probably not scum together because of role speculation stuff -- as others have said, that's not how Faraday uPicks work. However, I think the
conclusion
is right even though the reasoning is off - I don't think Venmar and Nero are scum together (because of their day 1 interactions, particularly the 'Nero didn't even realise I was Majiffy!' / '... obviously I did' stuff).
Plessiez
Plessiez
Goon
Plessiez
Goon
Goon

Post Post #1505 (isolation #7) » Mon May 05, 2014 11:25 pm

Post by Plessiez »

I mean, look at these posts:
In post 1157, kanyeknowsbest wrote:
vote sangria
In post 1160, kanyeknowsbest wrote:do we only have 1 day thats fucked up
In post 1161, kanyeknowsbest wrote:1 day 12 hours

iove made flash wagons happen faster than that
Kanye clearly knows how close the day is to deadline when he moves his vote to a wagon that isn't going anywhere.
In post 1312, kanyeknowsbest wrote:i would have moved it
even if i had realized
how close we were to deadline
And now he's saying "even if". Suggesting that actually he didn't realise. But the posts above make it obvious that he did.

What is the town motivation for lying like this?
Plessiez
Plessiez
Goon
Plessiez
Goon
Goon

Post Post #1508 (isolation #8) » Tue May 06, 2014 12:57 am

Post by Plessiez »

Right, so I finished reading day 1.

Still pretty confident in my town-reads on Shadoweh, chamber, Cerulean, Zdenek and Flipping Awesome. Also town-reading (but more weakly) LLD and obviously I think kanye is scum.

That leaves seven people.

Spoiler:
Nero Cain

I'm ... really confused about how Nero missed the fact that his vote would trigger a hammering double vote. I mean, it seems almost incredible. Nero's not an idiot. Venmar made a big deal of how the extra "sheep Majiffy or Thor" vote would only appear if he and Nero were both on the same wagon (first when he self-voted to demonstrate it, and then again when he (sarcastically?) urged Nero to join the Katsuki wagon). And it is in fact clear that Nero had quickly picked up the fact that Venmar had the Majiffy role.

On the other hand, I don't really see the scum motivation for this sort of "accidental" hammer. Katsuki was probably going to be lynched anyway (he was unlikely to be saved by a role claim in a uPick). Why would scum!Nero draw attention to himself this way for such a small reward?

I want to iso both NC and Venmar together later, but for now I'm leaning null-town.

Nobody Special

Really needs to post more. The "I'm just going to lurk because it's day 1 and I don't like day 1" attitude annoyed me (I mean,
nobody
likes day 1; if everyone lurked because of it nothing would actually happen worth dicussing). But it's an attitude I've seen from town before and it's apparanetly par for the course with NS. It's not day 1 now though. I'd still like to know why NS thinks Plum is scum.

Plum

Not really many posts to judge here.

I found the sequence of posts from to slightly odd. This seems like a strange way to interact with somebody you're scum-reading (or to "lead a discussion about them", which she later claims to be attempting to do.)

I'm also slightly confused by her current claim that "CDB looked pretty Town to me". Can't really find anything in her iso to support that.

I think Plum could easily be scum, but that's as much a case of her not having enough posts for me to have formed a solid read as it is anything else. I'd like to here more from somebody who's town-reading her (which is ... um, chamber?).

Reckoner

I started my day 1 read thinking Reckoner was likely scum, but now I'm much less sure. The argument with Tierce was pointless, but later posts (in particular ) were much better and give a strong sense of somebody who's actually interested in putting effort into solving the game. (Plus, he's simply
right
about Tim Howard's "both sides made good points" remark being all sorts of odd.)

A fairly weak town-read at the moment.

Tim Howard

As I said in my earlier catch-up, Tim has some
horrible
posts. There's the pointless bickering with Sixty ("you made somebody playing mafia feel bad! you should feel bad about this!") which all takes place in a weird vacuum where he doesn't even acknowledge that the person Sixty upset (by accusing her of posting unfunny spam) is Cerulean. Of whom Tim says "a lot of what they've posted is useless fluff". Plus there's the ridiculous "I think Venmar is town because he probably can't fake frustration as scum" / "oh, Tammy rage-quit because she was upset? eh, that slot's probably scum" aspect of things. And more generally, his reads just seem bizarre and I can't really follow the thought process behind them (the attack on Zdenek for trying to be a town leader / having cast unexplained votes, for instance).

This all just feels like Tim Howard is more interested in stirring up arguments than in trying to understand the game. (There's also the very odd "Reck and Sixty both made good points ... no, I refuse to say what these points were".)

Main points in Tim Howard's defence are that there are people I know to have been town (namely sangres and CDB) who seemed pretty convinced that all this stuff was not alignment indicative and that Tim Howard is town. And I noticed that Tim Howard's issues with Sixty actually started
before
Tammy's replace out, which suggests that the later stuff is just another case of "these two people don't get along" as opposed to anything calculated or game-relevant.

This is still a scum-read, but weaker than it would be otherwise.

Untrod Tripod

I'm struggling to remember a single post UT has made in this game. And as he's got 90 of them, that's a bit worrying.

There's the Plum stuff, I guess. And ... um. I guess that things like like followed by suggest a certain degree of spontaneity that's more likely to come from town than scum?

Solidly null still. (I suppose it's somewhat unlikely that UT and Plum are scum together, too.)

Venmar

His posts are irritating, and the (apparently genuine) "it's not my job to seem transparent, it's up to everybody else to learn how to read me" attitude infuriates me. Towards the end of day 1 I actually started leaning towards town-reading him though :?. I think it's because of the
way
he revealed "his" extra vote (I agree that there's no reason to think scum
can't
have a double voter). I'm not really sure about this -- he just reminds me of other players who I've seen lynched more for playstyle than anything concrete.

A weaker scum-read than Tim Howard, but still that side of null for now. As I said earlier, I don't think Venmar and Nero make sense as scum together, but I'll reread them both in iso later.

(I should probably also read some of Venmar's past games, but I just ... really don't want to, honestly.)

Still to do: I'm going to look at the Katsuki wagon a bit more, compare my current scum suspects with sangres's and Sixty's and do the isos I talked about in the spoiler tag above. But in any case I think a kanye lynch would be a pretty good idea today.
Plessiez
Plessiez
Goon
Plessiez
Goon
Goon

Post Post #1513 (isolation #9) » Tue May 06, 2014 3:21 am

Post by Plessiez »

I'm not sure what "eclipsed being awful" means.
Plessiez
Plessiez
Goon
Plessiez
Goon
Goon

Post Post #1515 (isolation #10) » Tue May 06, 2014 5:42 am

Post by Plessiez »

In post 1514, Shadoweh wrote:it means he's gone beyond 'bad poster' into 'obvious faking scum'
Other than the hammer stuff, what makes you say that? (I mean, I know you've talked about hating Nero's posts before, but I can't remember you why.)
Plessiez
Plessiez
Goon
Plessiez
Goon
Goon

Post Post #1538 (isolation #11) » Wed May 07, 2014 12:09 am

Post by Plessiez »

In post 1532, Cerulean wrote:I'm really bad at looking at wagons so I won't be much help here. Only thing of note to me is his placement on the Tim Howard wagon when I believe he was still scumreading my slot.
"Him" is meant to be UT, right?

I'm rereading day 1 again at the moment and I don't think UT ever voted for Tim Howard then. I'm ... actually not sure if UT was scumreading you as of or not. (On the one hand he says you've "been towntelling lately"; on the other hand your early posts are said to be "incredibly scummy" and he says he'd support a wagon on you. And after this he doesn't really talk about you again, except for a throwaway line about not having played much with Tammy.) But I haven't got the impression UT was scum-reading you today.

Or was "he" meant to be somebody other than UT?
In post 1532, Cerulean wrote:What are your updated thoughts on Tim Howard? Part of me really wants to trust CDB's Nexus read but it's like every bone in my body aches to see them lynched whenever I read the slot's posts. Would also be interested in your thoughts on their meta's.
This is pretty close to my current thoughts about Tim Howard. On the one hand, it feels like this is probably the wagon that should have happened on day 1 (the Katsuki stuff really came from nowhere much in the last couple of RL days; Tim Howard had been a solidly popular wagon for a lot longer than that). But CDB was very confident in his town read on Nexus and sangres also had Tim Howard as a "solid town read" (in ) and that makes me worry I'm just conflating "I don't like this approach to mafia" with "this slot is probably scum".

(On the subject of meta, I don't suppose you have a good links for town- and scum-Venmar?)
Plessiez
Plessiez
Goon
Plessiez
Goon
Goon

Post Post #1539 (isolation #12) » Wed May 07, 2014 12:27 am

Post by Plessiez »

In post 1538, Plessiez wrote:I'm rereading day 1 again at the moment and I don't think UT ever voted for Tim Howard then.
Oh, wait, that's nonsense. He voted Tim in (which, yes, is presumably while he was still scum-reading you).
Plessiez
Plessiez
Goon
Plessiez
Goon
Goon

Post Post #1542 (isolation #13) » Wed May 07, 2014 2:07 am

Post by Plessiez »

Looking a bit more closely at the Katsuki lynch. I said earlier that I found it odd that Katsuki was lynched over Tim Howard; Tim Howard had seemed the more popular wagon going up into the last couple of real life days. Looking at it a bit more closely, I think that's not quite right -- there were obviously more people
voting
for Tim Howard, but when you actually look over people's posts you'll find that both wagons were basically as popular as each other until near the end of the day.

For example, here's one vote count about 48 hours before the day ended:
Spoiler: Vote Count 35
In post 1057, Lost Butterfly wrote:
Day 1, VC 35
Tim Howard - (5):
Zdenek, Katsuki, Plum, kanyeknowsbest, xRECKONERx
Venmar - (3):
Nero Cain
, Untrod Tripod, chamber
Shadoweh - (1):
ChannelDelibird
xRECKONERx - (3):
Lady Lambdadelta, Sixty, Venmar
Plum - (1):
Flipping Awesome
Katsuki - (3):
sangres, Shadoweh, Tim Howard

Not voting - (2):
Cerulean, Nobody Special
[/area]

As well as the five people voting Tim Howard, there were at least five people who had said they were prepared to do so. These five were Shadoweh (see ), Sixty (), Cerulean (, for example), Nobody Special () and Flipping Awesome (). There were also at least a couple of people who hadn't said anything to suggest they were town-reading TH or were otherwise reluctant to lynch him. So that was definitely a possible lynch yesterday.

Other than the three Katsuki voters, I count four people who had said they might switch to him. These are Sixty (), CDB (), Nero (at least that's implied in ) and Reckoner (). A few other people had either said nothing about him or at least said they weren't town-reading him, too. So while this isn't the lynch I'd have
expected
to happen two days before deadline, it's not really a huge shock that it did (especially once you factor in the double-vote thing).

However, take a look at the final vote count.
Spoiler: Vote Count 42
In post 1218, Lost Butterfly wrote:
Day 1, VC 42
Tim Howard - (3):
Zdenek, Plum, xRECKONERx
Venmar - (2):
chamber, Katsuki
xRECKONERx - (1):
Lady Lambdadelta
Plum - (2):
Flipping Awesome, Cerulean
Katsuki - (10):
sangres, Shadoweh, Tim Howard, ChannelDelibird, Nobody Special, Venmar, Sixty, Untrod Tripod,
Nero Cain
, Sheep Majiffy or Thor
sangres - (1):
kanyeknowsbest

Not voting - (0):
[/area]

A few of the votes actually cast seem odd given the opinions people had expressed earlier in the day. I haven't been able to see anything in the final two RL days that might explain the switches either, but I'll look for that next. (I know that Venmar's double-vote reveal happened between the two vote-counts I've highlighted, and that Reckoner at least ended up town-reading him because of that, but I can't think of anything else interesting that happened.)

In particular, the votes for Katsuki I'm puzzled by are Nobody Special's (he'd been suspicious for Tim Howard for a while and I don't think he'd talked about Katsuki before casting an unexplained vote for him), Venmar's (he'd attacked Nero for wanting to 'policy lynch' Katsuki for a while, notably in , and the only reason he gives for voting Katsuki is that "Tim Howard remains a strong town read") and Untold Tripod (who was pretty dismissive of the Katsuki wagon in and and elsewhere and also offered no reasons for switching to Katsuki when he did). Would be interested to hear these people's reasons for voting Katsuki.

The other two odd votes are Kanye's (as discussed at length by Zdenek - he moved off the Tim Howard wagon at its peak to a one-vote vanity wagon that he then made no effort to push) and Cerulean's (as Flipping Awesome says above, Cerulean was scum-reading Tim Howard and town-reading Katsuki, yet ended up voting for a different scum-read who was obviously not a viable lynch). I find both of these votes slightly troubling, but what Empire says about being swayed by CDB's strong town read rings true to me (and Cerulean's posts are pretty solidly town) while Kanye's reaction to being called out on his vote (that is: lie, bluster, then lurk the wagon away) is pretty awful.
Plessiez
Plessiez
Goon
Plessiez
Goon
Goon

Post Post #1544 (isolation #14) » Wed May 07, 2014 2:18 am

Post by Plessiez »

(Fixed the broken quote for ease of reading.)
In post 1540, Tim Howard wrote:
In post 1538, Plessiez wrote:that makes me worry I'm just conflating "I don't like this approach to mafia" with "this slot is probably scum".
What do you think is off about our approach to mafia? Cause I'm not really doing anything in my approach that I don't usually do, soooo.
Main things that have bothered me, off the top of my head, are (1) the way you attacked Sixty for upsetting Tammy, without ever seeming to acknowledge that you thought Tammy was scum or that you actually thought Tammy was doing the very thing Tierce claimed she was doing at the start of that whole exchange); (2) town-reading Venmar for "frustration", again ignoring Tammy's whole angry-replace-out thing; (3) saying that Tierce and Reckoner had both made "good points" in their day 1 argument, but refusing to say what those points were; (4) apparently scum-reading people purely because they've said they're suspicious of your town-reads (I say 'apparently' because I have a memory of you denying this but I haven't gone back to check yet) and (5) your reasons for pushing Katsuki seem ... well, hypocritical at best.

I just don't generally feel that your various stances and posts make sense when taken as a whole (although I'm aware that that's not really something you can respond to). I had a couple of specific day 1 posts I wanted to ask you about though - will get to them soon I hope.
In post 1540, Tim Howard wrote:UT wagon is the only one that's gained traction today with like, actual cases and scumminess today, but it appears to have gotten stuck in the mud, so people are going 'eh, fuck it, we'll just lynch this kinda null guy I guess.' Nooooot a huge fan.
Thoughts on Kanye, please?
Plessiez
Plessiez
Goon
Plessiez
Goon
Goon

Post Post #1545 (isolation #15) » Wed May 07, 2014 2:21 am

Post by Plessiez »

In post 1543, Shadoweh wrote:I refuse to even look at something based around Tim Howard's flip when he's still sitting right there.
Assuming that's addressed at me, I'm not making any assumptions about Tim Howard's flip :?.
Plessiez
Plessiez
Goon
Plessiez
Goon
Goon

Post Post #1550 (isolation #16) » Wed May 07, 2014 2:35 am

Post by Plessiez »

In post 1337, Tim Howard wrote:I basically can't pick out a read on Cerulean. I'll have a conversation with Nexus about it today, if I can catch him online.
How many games have you played with Tammy to this point? Because ... okay, Tammy will be smug if I'm misreading her, I guess, but I just don't see how you can't have a solid read on that slot at this point.
In post 974, Tim Howard wrote:So that entire sixty/reck discussion was
interesting
, but left me with basically nothing other than "boy they seem mad at each other." They both made good points and they both made bad points. Pretty much came out a wash at this point.
I know you refused before, but I really would like to know what "good points" and "bad points" Sixty and Reck each made. In general this post (especially the bolded) seems like a really weird way to talk about something you later claim to have found unpleasant to read and unhelpful in understanding the game better.

Also:
In post 974, Tim Howard wrote:The justice bones in my body really want to lynch the crap out of Katsuki for ignoring the Sixty/Reck thing while it was happening.
(1) You think "ignoring the Sixty/Reck thing" is something worth lynching Katsuki over.
(2) You have nothing to say about the Sixty/Reck thing, it hasn't changed your reads and you refuse to discuss it further when asked.

Does this not seem odd to you? (I mean, I see that you're making the point that Katsuki was posting at the time, I just don't really understand why that matters. What would you have said if you were posting at the time?)
In post 997, Tim Howard wrote:
In post 992, xRECKONERx wrote:I really don't like that quadz's opinion about the me vs Sixty thing seems to just boil down to, "That was interesting but here's why it's null."

I'd be very interested in hearing him expand on what he means by, "They both made some good points, they both made some bad ones." Which points, specifically, did you think were good or bad from either side?
I could go back and re-read it and quote shit, but I'm really not that interested in going back and doing an in-depth re-read of a fairly unpleasant argument near the end of the game day which did not result in significant read changes. *shrug*
Can you remind me what your read on Reckoner was before you read the Sixty/Reckoner argument?
Plessiez
Plessiez
Goon
Plessiez
Goon
Goon

Post Post #1551 (isolation #17) » Wed May 07, 2014 2:43 am

Post by Plessiez »

NS:
In post 1125, Nobody Special wrote:This may not stick (remember, I still have ~8 pages to catch up on):

Vote: Katsuki
Can you explain why you voted Katsuki at this point?

(And can you tell me why were voting Plum today?)
Plessiez
Plessiez
Goon
Plessiez
Goon
Goon

Post Post #1555 (isolation #18) » Wed May 07, 2014 3:04 am

Post by Plessiez »

In post 1552, Tim Howard wrote:I don't remember how many games I've played with Tammy, tbh. At least a couple, and I've modded for her in a couple of others. I've found her hard to read in the past, IIRC, and the fact that Empire isn't posting isn't making things easier for me.
... but Empire is the one doing most of the posting :?.
In post 1552, Tim Howard wrote:No, it doesn't seem odd to me
because they happened at different times
. The situation is completely different.
Let me try this from a different angle. What would you have expected a town!Katsuki to say about the Reck/Sixty posts?
Plessiez
Plessiez
Goon
Plessiez
Goon
Goon

Post Post #1558 (isolation #19) » Wed May 07, 2014 3:25 am

Post by Plessiez »

CDB did receive an ability (from the Great Idea deck) during day 1. So I think that Tim Howard's role is pretty much confirmed (unless anybody wants to counter-claim having sent me something, which seems silly).

I was going to point out that roles and alignments are independent, but I'm not sure scum!TH has any reason to anonymously send abilities to town. Hmm. There's still time for people to vote kanye?
Plessiez
Plessiez
Goon
Plessiez
Goon
Goon

Post Post #1560 (isolation #20) » Wed May 07, 2014 3:46 am

Post by Plessiez »

In post 1559, Untrod Tripod wrote:you mean other than to confirm their role as "town", right?
Well, sure, that's the only motivation I can think of. But he sent it to CDB, who was town-reading him
anyway
, which seems a bit misguided if that was the idea?
Plessiez
Plessiez
Goon
Plessiez
Goon
Goon

Post Post #1568 (isolation #21) » Wed May 07, 2014 7:02 am

Post by Plessiez »

I'm not sure I understand Venmar or Shadoweh's last posts. They both seem to be responding to something in UT's that I don't think he's actually saying.
Plessiez
Plessiez
Goon
Plessiez
Goon
Goon

Post Post #1569 (isolation #22) » Wed May 07, 2014 7:20 am

Post by Plessiez »

In post 1564, Nero Cain wrote:Well, I was wrong too. I legit believed that you had never read me correctly (aside from when you were scum) but yea I wasn't wrong.
I don't know what you're trying to say here. I do know that you'd been spoiled for Large Normal 172 a few days before you posted though :neutral:. So you "legit believed" something you'd just seen wasn't true?
In post 1564, Nero Cain wrote:All I'm saying (or atleast trying to get across) is that I'm paranoid of you two 'cause this whole "I think you are scum but I'm not going to talk to you." 'cause I feel like that's a stance that scum would take.
But if that's all you're trying to say I don't know why you keep bringing up PA's supposed inability to read you. Why is that relevant? In fact, if Flipping Awesome is town, and if PA never reads you correctly, wouldn't you
expect
PA to be calling you scum here?
Plessiez
Plessiez
Goon
Plessiez
Goon
Goon

Post Post #1587 (isolation #23) » Wed May 07, 2014 10:11 pm

Post by Plessiez »

In post 1578, Nobody Special wrote:
unvote
....for now.

-Nobody Special
This is not an answer to the questions I asked you last page.
In post 1584, Cerulean wrote:Someone asked for venmar meta. My medicine is kicking in so I'm not coordinated to find it and link it
That was me and the link is here. I'll try reading over Venmar's posts in that game (and looking at the Nero/Venmar iso too) later today.
Plessiez
Plessiez
Goon
Plessiez
Goon
Goon

Post Post #1635 (isolation #24) » Fri May 09, 2014 4:34 am

Post by Plessiez »

My initial impression is that Venmar's tone in the Red Wedding was a lot less aggressive/sarcastic than it's been in this game. Not really sure how much to read into that though. Still think kanye is a better vote than either Venmar or Nero though.
In post 1626, Untrod Tripod wrote:that's it? your abilities are that you're blue and that you're bulletproof

no reference to the doublevote in your role at all?
Nero was hardly going to claim he was told about the double vote in his role PM, was he? I mean, given the way he hammered Katsuki yesterday while claiming not to understand his connection to the "sheep" vote.
In post 1628, Plum wrote:UNVOTE:

This is not claim-prompted.
What is it prompted by?
In post 1629, Venmar wrote:From my POV it seems silly you wouldn't actually be told.
There definitely does seem to be some sort of odd asymmetry there.
Plessiez
Plessiez
Goon
Plessiez
Goon
Goon

Post Post #1703 (isolation #25) » Fri May 09, 2014 11:06 pm

Post by Plessiez »

In post 1683, Cerulean wrote:Am I misreading your point?
I don't think so.
In post 1701, Flipping Awesome wrote:We'll vote once we figure out where we want our vote to be.
We've got about a day left and the vote count is (I think) as follows:
Venmar - (1):
Cerulean
Tim Howard - (1):
kanyeknowsbest
Untrod Tripod - (2):
Tim Howard, Plum
kanyeknowsbest - (2):
Plessiez, Zdenek
Nero Cain - (6):
chamber, Shadoweh, Venmar, Lady Lambdadelta, xRECKONERx, Untrod Tripod
Shadoweh - (1):
Nero Cain

Not voting - (3):
Flipping Awesome, Nobody Special
If we're going to lynch anybody but Nero, now's the time to decide who.
Plessiez
Plessiez
Goon
Plessiez
Goon
Goon

Post Post #1726 (isolation #26) » Sat May 10, 2014 8:04 am

Post by Plessiez »

I'm really not sure that I want to vote for Venmar over Nero. It would be nice if the various people who've said "oh, I guess I could vote for kanye" today had actually done so, so that I didn't have to make that choice. But that vote's feeling pretty useless at the moment.

From the tone of his posts (for want of a better word?), or just to be lazy and sheep Empire, I guess I'd vote Venmar. But I keep coming back to Nero's weird hammer vote :?. And I really don't think they're
both
scum.
Plessiez
Plessiez
Goon
Plessiez
Goon
Goon

Post Post #1740 (isolation #27) » Sat May 10, 2014 8:56 am

Post by Plessiez »

In post 1727, Zdenek wrote:I will vote Venmar before Nero.
Does this mean that you've changed your mind about the post below?
In post 1294, Zdenek wrote:Sixty was defending Venmar quite a lot. A scum team with him with would want them around, and a scum team without him would be helped by having them gone, so
Unvote
Plessiez
Plessiez
Goon
Plessiez
Goon
Goon

Post Post #1742 (isolation #28) » Sat May 10, 2014 9:00 am

Post by Plessiez »

In post 1584, Cerulean wrote:Someone asked for venmar meta. My medicine is kicking in so I'm not coordinated to find it and link it but I remembered earlier today that I played with him in red wedding. I thought it had just been chef mafia but red wedding too.
Have you read Xenosaga, Tammy?

Because I was sort of agreeing that town!Venmar in the Red Wedding doesn't sound much like Venmar does in this game, but I looked for another town!Venmar game and Xenosaga feels much more like Venmar's posts here.

How convinced is Empire about Venmar being scum? Does he have any reasons to add beyond the day 1 stuff?
Plessiez
Plessiez
Goon
Plessiez
Goon
Goon

Post Post #1744 (isolation #29) » Sat May 10, 2014 9:08 am

Post by Plessiez »

In post 1741, Nero Cain wrote:Why do you want to vote me, Ple?
Almost entirely because of this sequence of posts:
In post 1189, Shadoweh wrote:Nero, if you could actually vote Katsuki, which with your secret doublevote would put him at L-1, that would be great.
In post 1193, Untrod Tripod wrote:
unvote, vote: Katsuki
In post 1194, Venmar wrote:nero put katsuki on L-1, trust me, its just one vote
In post 1195, chamber wrote:Yep, he should 100% trust that, no doubt.
In post 1196, Shadoweh wrote:>_> Please don't encourage Nero to forget about the voote yoou just showed him.
In post 1197, Venmar wrote:sarcasm is hard, im sorry
In post 1216, Nero Cain wrote:
vote:Kat
In post 1217, chamber wrote:You just hammered him Nero, how the fuck do you fall for that troll.
The only way you can be town is if you honestly read all these posts discussing the double vote you share with Venmar (and which he'd already demonstrated by self-voting), including the "it's just one vote ... sarcasm is hard" stuff, and then ... voted for Katsuki anyway, not realising that this would trigger a double vote :?. This seems hard to believe?
Plessiez
Plessiez
Goon
Plessiez
Goon
Goon

Post Post #1807 (isolation #30) » Sat May 10, 2014 9:42 pm

Post by Plessiez »

In post 1787, Cerulean wrote:
In post 1742, Plessiez wrote:Have you read Xenosaga, Tammy?

Because I was sort of agreeing that town!Venmar in the Red Wedding doesn't sound much like Venmar does in this game, but I looked for another town!Venmar game and Xenosaga feels much more like Venmar's posts here.
I kinda see what you mean, maybe about his sarcasm?

Except I see what empire is talking about him missing in this game. His scumhunting was way deeper there. Sure he tunneled on MS for pretty much the entire game but I think that was because of neighborhood paranoia? But if you look he had way deeper reasons for his reads, way less trolling, way more trying to get his townreads to shut up and work with each other to get his scumreads lynched than he's doing here.
I haven't read Xenosaga in much detail. But one of the things that troubled me about Venmar in this game was that his posts didn't really sound anything at all like his posts from the Red Wedding. But his posts in Xenosaga are, if not identical to this game, at least close enough that they seem consistent with the idea that Venmar is town here too.

(That is, if all of Venmar's past town games sounded like The Red Wedding, then that would probably be enough for me to call him scum here. But Xenosaga is close enough, tonally, to make me think I just want to ignore past games and focus on what he's posting here. And I agree that a lot of that is
annoying
, but I think it could as easily be annoying-town as annoying-scum.)
In post 1789, Venmar wrote:Every single game I am I get scum read to oblivion and ran up.
And what conclusion do you draw from this observation?
Plessiez
Plessiez
Goon
Plessiez
Goon
Goon

Post Post #1808 (isolation #31) » Sat May 10, 2014 9:44 pm

Post by Plessiez »

In post 1794, Shadoweh wrote:Also suggest kayne or Venmar voters collapse one of the wagons onto the other since you guys talk about both equally almost?
I'd rather lynch kanye than Nero. I'd rather lynch Nero than Venmar. So I suggest the Venmar voters do the collapsing?
In post 1798, Nero Cain wrote:
In post 1794, Shadoweh wrote:Flipping, I suggest you stop waffling and pick one, there are 12 hours left. You're being kind of ridiculous here.
scum that's afraid day will end in a nl.

What should happen in the next 5-7 posts.

kkb moves his vote to venmar
Plum moves her vote to Venmar
Ple moves his vote to Venmar
ZD moves his vote to Venmar
TH hammers Venmar

Alien jet plane and Rachmarie's husband are also encouraged to move their votes to Venmar.
So (1) scum are afraid of a no lynch, and (2) we should definitely lynch somebody :?. Do you see the problem I'm having with this?

If Venmar is scum, why are scum "afraid of a no lynch"?
Plessiez
Plessiez
Goon
Plessiez
Goon
Goon

Post Post #1809 (isolation #32) » Sat May 10, 2014 9:47 pm

Post by Plessiez »

Can somebody (Zdenek or Plum) explain why they care about Nero once having had a role that's a bit (but not a lot) like the role LLD claimed? Why does it matter to this game? I don't understand.
Plessiez
Plessiez
Goon
Plessiez
Goon
Goon

Post Post #1816 (isolation #33) » Sat May 10, 2014 10:18 pm

Post by Plessiez »

In post 1810, Nero Cain wrote:You do know that my wagon is bigger and there's an insane amount of resistance to lynch him and there seems to be little resistance to my lynch. And scum can't nk me so they HAVE to lynch me. My lynch not going through seems like a good reason scum wouldn't want to nl.
I'm confused by the logic of this. Yes, your wagon is bigger. But Shadoweh was urging people to decide between kanye and Venmar as a counter-wagon. Why would scum want to have a viable counter wagon to you, if you're town? And why are you so confident you'd survive if LLD had to pick who died after a NL?
In post 1810, Nero Cain wrote:You said you were going to read the back and forth between me and Venmar....so what did you think?
Not much? I still don't think you and Venmar are scum together. I still don't understand how you missed the fact your vote for Katsuki would be a hammer vote. And I saw that Venmar was hinting at his/your extra vote a while before he demonstrated it. But other than that, it wasn't very productive.
Plessiez
Plessiez
Goon
Plessiez
Goon
Goon

Post Post #1817 (isolation #34) » Sat May 10, 2014 10:21 pm

Post by Plessiez »

In post 1815, Nero Cain wrote:Mine was in that other game and it just seems like it would be something that's limited.
... your roles are not the same :?. Reasoning like this doesn't make sense.

And:
In post 88, Lady Lambdadelta wrote:
In post 87, Zdenek wrote:
In post 21, Lady Lambdadelta wrote:Interesting ability I should claim: If the day ends in a no lynch (whether from running out of time, or by a majority vote on the "No Lynch" wagon). I enter 2 people into a duel, and they get to plead their case, and I unilaterally choose to lynch one!
How many times does this happen?
No limit. Happens every day.
Plessiez
Plessiez
Goon
Plessiez
Goon
Goon

Post Post #1839 (isolation #35) » Sat May 10, 2014 11:49 pm

Post by Plessiez »

:facepalm:

Can we save the dueling "I'm obvtown, but you're scum for [reasons I won't talk about]" nonsense for
tomorrow
never, please?

Neither of you is getting lynched today. There are about eight hours left to secure a lynch. This isn't helpful.
Plessiez
Plessiez
Goon
Plessiez
Goon
Goon

Post Post #1843 (isolation #36) » Sat May 10, 2014 11:57 pm

Post by Plessiez »

I think this is the current vote count:
Venmar - (3)
: Nero Cain, Untrod Tripod, Cerulean
kanyeknowsbest - (4)
: Plessiez, Zdenek, Tim Howard, Plum
Nero Cain - (6)
: chamber, Shadoweh, Venmar, Lady Lambdadelta, xRECKONERx, kanyeknowsbest

Not voting - (2): Flipping Awesome, Nobody Special

Flipping Awesome -- are you going to vote for kanye or not?
Plessiez
Plessiez
Goon
Plessiez
Goon
Goon

Post Post #1850 (isolation #37) » Sun May 11, 2014 12:23 am

Post by Plessiez »

In post 1844, Flipping Awesome wrote:We will by deadline. Either him or Venmar.
.. but "by deadline" isn't helpful. If you wait until deadline, everyone else on those two wagons will have (rightly?) given up and moved to Nero. Just vote for one of them already.
Plessiez
Plessiez
Goon
Plessiez
Goon
Goon

Post Post #1865 (isolation #38) » Sun May 11, 2014 1:41 am

Post by Plessiez »

In post 1843, Plessiez wrote:Flipping Awesome -- are you going to vote for kanye or not?
In post 1844, Flipping Awesome wrote:We will by deadline. Either him or Venmar.
In post 1858, Flipping Awesome wrote:I gotta get to bed as well. It is 4:50 AM where I am.
In post 1864, Lost Butterfly wrote:
Day 2, VC 23
Not voting - (2):
Flipping Awesome, Nobody Special

less than 7 hours left
*sigh*

Waiting until deadline to vote isn't a thing you should be doing if you want to influence who actually gets lynched. Especially when you say you'd rather vote Venmar or kanye but by dithering you're basically making a Nero lynch more and more inevitable.
Plessiez
Plessiez
Goon
Plessiez
Goon
Goon

Post Post #1866 (isolation #39) » Sun May 11, 2014 1:45 am

Post by Plessiez »

In post 1863, Zdenek wrote:I guess that could be the reason why he's having such a hard time understanding LLD's role.
You think Nero's fixated on "this claim is similar to a role I once had" and is confusing details of LLD's claimed role and his own past role as a result? Does that sound like the sort of thing Nero would do?
Plessiez
Plessiez
Goon
Plessiez
Goon
Goon

Post Post #1872 (isolation #40) » Sun May 11, 2014 2:57 am

Post by Plessiez »

In post 1871, Zdenek wrote:It's rhetorical garbage.
Basically all of kanye's posting today has been garbage: blatant lies about day 1, ridiculous scum-reads he makes no effort to explain or to push, lazy dismissal of points against him and no attempts to respond to or interact with ... well, almost anyone. And the depressing thing is that apparently this actually works.

But then he's hardly alone among the people who need to start making more of an effort. What has NS done today, for instance? Sat on an OMGUS vote for Plum from day 1 (which he helpfully explains today as having made because she was "obvscum" - thanks for that, NS! :roll: ) and ... what? And of course, nobody seems to mind that, either.
Plessiez
Plessiez
Goon
Plessiez
Goon
Goon

Post Post #1874 (isolation #41) » Sun May 11, 2014 3:19 am

Post by Plessiez »

In post 1873, Untrod Tripod wrote:with NS it's expected
That's the impression I've been getting, sure. Doesn't stop it being annoying.
Plessiez
Plessiez
Goon
Plessiez
Goon
Goon

Post Post #1886 (isolation #42) » Sun May 11, 2014 6:22 am

Post by Plessiez »

In post 1883, Cerulean wrote:Awake for a minute. Want to go back to sleep. Do I need to move my vote?
Probably not.

I'm here to hammer Nero if needed -- just holding out because
I'm a stubborn idiot
I still think kanye is the better lynch.

(You could always move to kanye, I guess?)
Plessiez
Plessiez
Goon
Plessiez
Goon
Goon

Post Post #1887 (isolation #43) » Sun May 11, 2014 6:23 am

Post by Plessiez »

In post 1884, chamber wrote:Don't let this get swept under the rug too easily. I reread day 1 and I really don't think any of the votes could plausibly be mistaken for cop results.
Am I missing something? Why day 1 and not day 2?
Plessiez
Plessiez
Goon
Plessiez
Goon
Goon

Post Post #1907 (isolation #44) » Sun May 11, 2014 7:09 am

Post by Plessiez »

In post 1894, Flipping Awesome wrote:UT, why are you voting for the person Venmar wants dead when you previously had your vote on Venmar?
Too lazy to link, but UT was voting for Nero well before switching to Venmar. So the switch back to Nero when the Venmar wagon became obviously unviable doesn't bother me much.

I'm a bit more curious/paranoid about UT's reluctance to say anything at all about kanye, but that's not really something I think worth talking about today.
In post 1899, Flipping Awesome wrote:Here's why Nero Cain is bad lynch and likely town
... I'm not actually persuaded by much of this. Which is odd, because I tend to agree Nero is probably not a good lynch. (You don't think "no lynch" is better than Nero though, do you? Because right now, I think those are the only two options.)
Plessiez
Plessiez
Goon
Plessiez
Goon
Goon

Post Post #1924 (isolation #45) » Sun May 11, 2014 7:28 am

Post by Plessiez »

Getting tempted to hammer. Move your vote to kanye soon if you're going to, Tammy.
In post 1912, Flipping Awesome wrote:it feels incredibly unlikely that Venmar and Nero Cain are scum
This does seem unlikely. Not merely because they're voting for each (scum can do that pretty easily?) but for the general manner in which they've interacted, especially during day 1.
In post 1914, Shadoweh wrote:The only thing persuading me Nero might be a bad lynch right now is how he's not here to vote and save himself. That could just be timezones, but it's always ick to me when that happens. I do not think people are going to resolve their differences of opinion today without flips.
I don't know what this post is supposed to tell me. Why would Nero being here and posting make him a better lynch?
Plessiez
Plessiez
Goon
Plessiez
Goon
Goon

Post Post #1928 (isolation #46) » Sun May 11, 2014 7:32 am

Post by Plessiez »

In post 1926, Shadoweh wrote:Scum usually remember to vote their counterwagon.
But when Nero was last here posting, Venmar
was
the counter-wagon...
Plessiez
Plessiez
Goon
Plessiez
Goon
Goon

Post Post #1935 (isolation #47) » Sun May 11, 2014 7:43 am

Post by Plessiez »

In post 1929, Cerulean wrote:That one post was the only one where he felt like he was appealing to me.
The one where he told you not to "fuck up like you did in ASOIAF"?
That
makes you town-read him?

I mean, sure, kanye's obviously bitter about getting mislynched in that game (and it's hard to blame him, I guess?). That really doesn't have any bearing on his alignment this game that I can see though.
Plessiez
Plessiez
Goon
Plessiez
Goon
Goon

Post Post #1940 (isolation #48) » Sun May 11, 2014 7:49 am

Post by Plessiez »

In post 1938, Nobody Special wrote:P-edit: Holy shit, 24 minutes??!?
Why are you shocked that the deadline is going to happen at the time the mod said the deadline would happen?
Plessiez
Plessiez
Goon
Plessiez
Goon
Goon

Post Post #1946 (isolation #49) » Sun May 11, 2014 7:51 am

Post by Plessiez »

Chamber, what was the point of the short-lived switch to kanye?
In post 1937, Cerulean wrote:Why did you cut off the next sentence? I said I can't tell if he's using it to manipulate me or not.
I don't understand why you're focusing so much on single post (mostly about a different game!) either way.
Plessiez
Plessiez
Goon
Plessiez
Goon
Goon

Post Post #1947 (isolation #50) » Sun May 11, 2014 7:52 am

Post by Plessiez »

In post 1945, Nobody Special wrote:Because I've gotten behind, and haven't even looked at the thread in a couple of days, and totally forgot that the deadline was this weekend.
Well done?
Plessiez
Plessiez
Goon
Plessiez
Goon
Goon

Post Post #1951 (isolation #51) » Sun May 11, 2014 7:53 am

Post by Plessiez »

Tammy, if you don't post in the next couple of minutes I'm hammering Nero.
Plessiez
Plessiez
Goon
Plessiez
Goon
Goon

Post Post #1966 (isolation #52) » Sun May 11, 2014 7:57 am

Post by Plessiez »

In post 1964, Nobody Special wrote:Can I get a tl;dr on why Tammy is crucial to Plessiez' vote choice?
... check a vote count?
Plessiez
Plessiez
Goon
Plessiez
Goon
Goon

Post Post #1969 (isolation #53) » Sun May 11, 2014 7:59 am

Post by Plessiez »

In post 1958, Flipping Awesome wrote:Can you wait till we have 5 minutes left?
I'm genuinely not sure if this is sarcasm.

Return to “Completed Large Theme Games”