Micro 687: Vanilluxe Mafia - Mafia Victory!!!

Micro Games (9 players or fewer). Archived during the 2023 queue overhaul.
Bellaphant
Bellaphant
Jack of All Trades
Bellaphant
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #300 (ISO) » Fri Feb 24, 2017 1:17 am

Post by Bellaphant »

Should have done that last night. His ISOis appalling.
Aristophanes
Aristophanes
He/Him
Mr. Blue Sky
Aristophanes
He/Him
Mr. Blue Sky
Mr. Blue Sky
Pronoun: He/Him

Post Post #301 (ISO) » Fri Feb 24, 2017 1:27 am

Post by Aristophanes »

Mine?
VC 1.9
SweetBlueFlowers
(2): Eddie Cane , GuiltyLion
Eddie Cane
(1): TTTT
Fro99er
(1): Lowell
Lowell
(1): Sobolev Space
GuiltyLion
(1): SweetBlueFlowers
TTTT
(1): Bellaphant

Not Voting
(2): borkjerfkin , Fro99er

With 9 alive, it takes 5 votes to lynch.
Day one ends March 4th at 1pm EST, or in (expired on 2017-03-04 13:00:00)

Mod Notes:
Nothing to say! Have fun all!
Last edited by Aristophanes on Fri Feb 24, 2017 6:09 pm, edited 4 times in total.
Half meme, Half real, All Aristophanes ;)
- Jingle
Ari has appeared way too competent for me to even pretend to know what they're thinking
- MooseEatsBear on discord mafia
it wouldn’t be an ari sig unless it takes up half the screen on mobile - Vonflare
Eddie Cane
Eddie Cane
Jack of All Trades
Eddie Cane
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #302 (ISO) » Fri Feb 24, 2017 2:25 am

Post by Eddie Cane »

unvote

Vote tag corrected.
You're welcome! :)
Lowell
Lowell
Jack of All Trades
Lowell
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #303 (ISO) » Fri Feb 24, 2017 5:12 am

Post by Lowell »

SBF is on the goddam money.

VOTE: guilty

From the beginning and his half-assed pocketing attempt on SS this guy has been slimy. I could squint and see null, but the townreads on this slot are appalling.
Lowell
Lowell
Jack of All Trades
Lowell
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #304 (ISO) » Fri Feb 24, 2017 5:13 am

Post by Lowell »

Also can we not unvote without voting someone else please? This game is going nowhere fast anyway.
GuiltyLion
GuiltyLion
he/him
Survivor
GuiltyLion
he/him
Survivor
Survivor
Pronoun: he/him
Happy Birthday!

Post Post #305 (ISO) » Fri Feb 24, 2017 5:38 am

Post by GuiltyLion »

I actually like most of Fro99er's page 11 posting.

But let's get to this
In post 288, SweetBlueFlowers wrote:Opening posts were awkward and LAMIST.
What was awkward about them? And are you calling it "LAMIST" literally just because I said "I'm town this time"? Because that's an
extreeeemely
weak case for LAMIST, and it looks to me like you just wanted to put the "scummy buzzword" in.
In post 288, SweetBlueFlowers wrote:His SR on this slot lacks any semblance of authenticity and he basically just followed Cane.
Where did I even act like it was an "authentic scumread"? I saw someone lurking and not playing the game and I sheeped a townlean and voted them. I didn't write up a bunch of buzzwords and crap about how I thought you were scum. Like, this is something where you're describing my play but not actually pointing to why that makes me scum.
In post 288, SweetBlueFlowers wrote:Most of his content consists of back-seat theorizing and ad-hoc hypothesis about what he or another would do as Y alignment, rather than actual hunting and sorting.
I feel this is the most disingenuous point of all. All of my "back-seat theorizing" and "hypothesis about what I would do as Y alignment" is entirely because people kept repeatedly pressing me on
how I had attempted to sort TTTT
. I'm answering multiple questions from eddie/bork/bella in those posts to explain my thought process and here you're pretending like I'm not doing anything else in between. I think anyone who was looking at my ISO with genuine intentions would see that I am making efforts to sort and probe people - take for example, my vote on you - and the way you're just handwaving a shitty summary of my play here reads extremely uncharitable to me.
In post 288, SweetBlueFlowers wrote:I like Space's initial response to GL, but the followup is too superficial and then quickly written off. I haven't seen the slot attempting to sort anyone in a serious way and the times it has given the appearance of doing so have been devoid of what I like to call the fire to find scum.
That said, I actually do agree with this, so the fact that you're saying it is throwing a bit of a wrench in my reads.
"I think I no longer believe in monsters as faces in the floor or feral infants or vampires or whatever. I think at seventeen now I believe the only real monsters might be the type of liar where there's simply no way to tell. The ones who give nothing away"
GuiltyLion
GuiltyLion
he/him
Survivor
GuiltyLion
he/him
Survivor
Survivor
Happy Birthday!

Post Post #306 (ISO) » Fri Feb 24, 2017 5:41 am

Post by GuiltyLion »

In post 279, Lowell wrote:Scumvibes from GL, not sure how everyone is seeing that guy as town. Opportunistic as whoa. Continued scumvibes from frogger, who looks like he's trying to pocket everyone.
VOTE: Lowell

I don't think town!Lowell would call me "opportunistic" here. It's simply not a meaningful or accurate description of my play, especially when the game is still early/halfway through D1, so I'm having a hard time seeing where he could be honestly coming from with that perspective.
In post 303, Lowell wrote:From the beginning and his half-assed pocketing attempt on SS this guy has been slimy. I could squint and see null, but the townreads on this slot are appalling.
This line also strikes me as scummy, Lowell doesn't operate in null reads and uncertainty. The last line reads to me like it's designed to make people think he's genuinely attempting to sort me or perhaps also to keep me townreading him. Didn't work.
"I think I no longer believe in monsters as faces in the floor or feral infants or vampires or whatever. I think at seventeen now I believe the only real monsters might be the type of liar where there's simply no way to tell. The ones who give nothing away"
GuiltyLion
GuiltyLion
he/him
Survivor
GuiltyLion
he/him
Survivor
Survivor
Happy Birthday!

Post Post #307 (ISO) » Fri Feb 24, 2017 5:45 am

Post by GuiltyLion »

I also reject the idea that my interactions with SS read anything like a "pocketing attempt". I started the game by pushing on SS and trying to get her to post or explain herself when she made low effort posts, and I have not once moved her above a null/null-scummy read. So it's not clear to me how Lowell could see that as pocketing, unless there's some new meta where repeatedly questioning and scumreading someone you played with last game is the best way to "pocket" them.
Eddie Cane
Eddie Cane
Jack of All Trades
Eddie Cane
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #308 (ISO) » Fri Feb 24, 2017 6:02 am

Post by Eddie Cane »

In post 35, Sobolev Space wrote:For what it's worth I was planning on voting GL here like that ever since our last game ended. The vote on me/question to me had no bearing on my first post.
In post 47, Sobolev Space wrote:I think it's a bad argument but bork seemed to be pushing back on it enough for me.
In post 54, Sobolev Space wrote:Sure. GL made a bad argument but you seemed to be calling it out in post and later so I felt no need to comment on it, at least until GL responded to you.
In post 109, Sobolev Space wrote:
In post 97, borkjerfkin wrote:I would indeed expect a scumflip from me to indict rather than clear GL (if anything) for that really abortive interaction
This reads off to me. The sentiment makes sense, but the phrasing is not how I would expect town to put it.

@Fro99er - is your Bella read solely based off ? I didn't think it was that unreasonable of an inference.
In post 134, Sobolev Space wrote:Care to explain the town read on me?
In post 167, Sobolev Space wrote:@Lowell - what caused the change in your read on me from to now?
In post 198, Sobolev Space wrote:
In post 192, Eddie Cane wrote:hey btw idr if I said it in this game or not but assuming I'm still alive i'll be v/LA for most of March. going away for almost 3 weeks. I will have Internet access so I'll still be here but it'll be limited. 7th-25th to be exact. just a heads up.
Don't worry Eddie I'll make sure to get you lynched before that ;)
In post 199, Sobolev Space wrote:On a more serious note, I've skimmed through Frog's iso in a couple other games and I'm not seeing this as scum. His play in Mini 1734 (http://forum.mafiascum.net/viewtopic.php?f=53&t=63822) reminds me a lot of his this game (although I haven't read it too in depth). Null for now.
In post 222, Sobolev Space wrote:GL's last few posts are atrocious.
In post 231, Sobolev Space wrote:Questions in , especially the last one, seemed pointless
In post 208, GuiltyLion wrote:the strong SS townread seems unnatural to come from scum - I don't think SS has done anything especially obvtown this game to force a TR, and I would expect scum to try to keep her mislynchable if she's town.
"I don't understand why TTTT is strongly TR-ing SS so he's probably town"
In post 213, GuiltyLion wrote:see I generally agree with this, but I don't think SS would be the townie that TTTT would do that with. She's been pretty low key and under the radar. There's no lynch to strongly direct away, and there's no massive SS presence that needs to be buddied/pocketed/townread.
How on earth would scum town reading some rando direct away a lynch? Who do you think scum would choose to fake TR instead of me?
In post 246, Sobolev Space wrote:Okay GL is probably town. The GL I remember would be attacking me harder for my last few posts.

In post 267, Sobolev Space wrote:
In post 266, Fro99er wrote:I can see Lowell and eddie as a team right now
^
I didn't quote everything. but anyways, his iso is just trolling and has extremely minimal content. there is very little content here and a lot of fence sitting: 222 is just shade, more importantly, I hate 229. he says he doesn't see it coming from scum and then proceeds to call it a null read. you literally just said it doesn't come from scum, so why would you not at least town lean him? there's just so little content and so much joking in your iso. I disagree with the notion your play is earnest; you're a competent enough player and I dislike you posting enough to stay "active" while not coming out with any actual content.

VOTE: Sobolev Space
borkjerfkin
borkjerfkin
He/Him
Xenophile
borkjerfkin
He/Him
Xenophile
Xenophile

Post Post #309 (ISO) » Fri Feb 24, 2017 7:51 am

Post by borkjerfkin »

Agree w/ GL and

VOTE: lowell

eddie I think there is plenty of meaningful content from SS in what you linked, and I don't see any issue w/ ; I think that is a responsible way to meta; you need to be able to falsify any behavior that you're trying to compare current behavior to and since SS
wasn't
able to do that, it's null.
beefycheese
Sobolev Space
Sobolev Space
Mafia Scum
Sobolev Space
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #310 (ISO) » Fri Feb 24, 2017 7:51 am

Post by Sobolev Space »

@Eddie - if you want more content from me ask me questions. I've been trying to keep my reads closer to my chest than in previous games (for various reasons) but I'm still happy to work with y'all if you think I haven't been providing enough info.
Sobolev Space
Sobolev Space
Mafia Scum
Sobolev Space
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #311 (ISO) » Fri Feb 24, 2017 7:52 am

Post by Sobolev Space »

Haha thanks Bork I was about to post just that about 229. I didn't say I didn't see his behavior as scum, I said I didn't see it as scummy. Not scummy != towny.
borkjerfkin
borkjerfkin
He/Him
Xenophile
borkjerfkin
He/Him
Xenophile
Xenophile

Post Post #312 (ISO) » Fri Feb 24, 2017 7:55 am

Post by borkjerfkin »

In post 311, Sobolev Space wrote:Haha thanks Bork I was about to post just that about 229.
it's you and me
we've got the synergy
beefycheese
Eddie Cane
Eddie Cane
Jack of All Trades
Eddie Cane
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #313 (ISO) » Fri Feb 24, 2017 8:03 am

Post by Eddie Cane »

Spoiler:
In post 27, Sobolev Space wrote:
@mod
-
In post 0, Aristophanes wrote:1. This game will have public voting with 14 day deadlines until the start of day 3. From then there will be 10 day deadlines.
In post 25, Aristophanes wrote:
Day one ends March 14th at 1pm EST, or in (expired on 2017-03-14 13:00:00)
Is day 1 14 or 24 days long?
In post 40, Sobolev Space wrote:^ is this to me or GL?

For me just 1 full game and 2 games where I replaced into a slot.
In post 44, Sobolev Space wrote:What point?
In post 60, Sobolev Space wrote:
In post 56, TTTT wrote:
In post 28, Aristophanes wrote:You will receive the I Am Error Achievement for this!
(For pointing out a Mod Error). I'll post a list at the end of the game.)
That last closing parenthesis has no corresponding opener.
Achievement earned!!!
Damn I wanted to be special.
In post 132, Sobolev Space wrote:Great minds think alike bork.
In post 134, Sobolev Space wrote:Care to explain the town read on me?
In post 198, Sobolev Space wrote:
In post 192, Eddie Cane wrote:hey btw idr if I said it in this game or not but assuming I'm still alive i'll be v/LA for most of March. going away for almost 3 weeks. I will have Internet access so I'll still be here but it'll be limited. 7th-25th to be exact. just a heads up.
Don't worry Eddie I'll make sure to get you lynched before that ;)
In post 222, Sobolev Space wrote:GL's last few posts are atrocious.
In post 267, Sobolev Space wrote:
In post 266, Fro99er wrote:I can see Lowell and eddie as a team right now
^
In post 291, Sobolev Space wrote:Bork when we sync up completely we'll become a single unlynchable, unkillable super town.

out of his 31 (?) posts, around half are filler/joking. the others are almost all extremely low content as well. scum hunting doesn't work if you only answer questions, produce other content. you don't need to be directly involved in something for a discussion.

You'll want to use "spoiler=" next time.

You're welcome again.
Last edited by Aristophanes on Fri Feb 24, 2017 8:08 am, edited 1 time in total.
borkjerfkin
borkjerfkin
He/Him
Xenophile
borkjerfkin
He/Him
Xenophile
Xenophile

Post Post #314 (ISO) » Fri Feb 24, 2017 8:03 am

Post by borkjerfkin »

In post 298, GuiltyLion wrote:don't have time for a real post today but just checking in to acknowledge that horrendous SBF case on me. I'll destroy it tomorrow
This post pinged me a little for focusing on discrediting SBF['s case] rather than figuring out if it's coming from town or scum
beefycheese
borkjerfkin
borkjerfkin
He/Him
Xenophile
borkjerfkin
He/Him
Xenophile
Xenophile

Post Post #315 (ISO) » Fri Feb 24, 2017 8:11 am

Post by borkjerfkin »

overall I don't really mind GL's entire ISO, i think GL is the one probably most capable of snowing me in this game if anyone could snow me, but it doesn't read that 'slimy' to me.
beefycheese
borkjerfkin
borkjerfkin
He/Him
Xenophile
borkjerfkin
He/Him
Xenophile
Xenophile

Post Post #316 (ISO) » Fri Feb 24, 2017 8:23 am

Post by borkjerfkin »

In post 304, Lowell wrote:Also can we not unvote without voting someone else please? This game is going nowhere fast anyway.
i liked this post though =/
beefycheese
Lowell
Lowell
Jack of All Trades
Lowell
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #317 (ISO) » Fri Feb 24, 2017 8:23 am

Post by Lowell »

In post 306, GuiltyLion wrote:
In post 279, Lowell wrote:Scumvibes from GL, not sure how everyone is seeing that guy as town. Opportunistic as whoa. Continued scumvibes from frogger, who looks like he's trying to pocket everyone.

I don't think town!Lowell would call me "opportunistic" here. It's simply not a meaningful or accurate description of my play, especially when the game is still early/halfway through D1, so I'm having a hard time seeing where he could be honestly coming from with that perspective.
In post 303, Lowell wrote:From the beginning and his half-assed pocketing attempt on SS this guy has been slimy. I could squint and see null, but the townreads on this slot are appalling.
This line also strikes me as scummy, Lowell doesn't operate in null reads and uncertainty. The last line reads to me like it's designed to make people think he's genuinely attempting to sort me or perhaps also to keep me townreading him. Didn't work.
No, I'm not sorting you. You've been sorted. That last bit was a comment on others who are townreading you. No idea where that comes from.

Also I call everyone "opportunistic" all the time. It's the longest word I know how to spell so I use it a lot.

Finally, a 1v1.

Assemble, everyone. It's me or GL, choose sides and shoot to kill.
borkjerfkin
borkjerfkin
He/Him
Xenophile
borkjerfkin
He/Him
Xenophile
Xenophile

Post Post #318 (ISO) » Fri Feb 24, 2017 8:27 am

Post by borkjerfkin »

i find it hard to be as nihilistic as you about that prospect considering there is a very real possibility you are both town (although in this setup that's not the worst thing in the world but i don't really want to talk extensive theory this game because I don't think it will help town)

regardless i don't think it's necessarily bad for people to come out of the woodwork and take some kind of stand
beefycheese
borkjerfkin
borkjerfkin
He/Him
Xenophile
borkjerfkin
He/Him
Xenophile
Xenophile

Post Post #319 (ISO) » Fri Feb 24, 2017 8:35 am

Post by borkjerfkin »

In post 308, Eddie Cane wrote:I didn't quote everything. but anyways, his iso is just trolling and has extremely minimal content. there is very little content here and a lot of fence sitting: 222 is just shade, more importantly, I hate 229. he says he doesn't see it coming from scum and then proceeds to call it a null read. you literally just said it doesn't come from scum, so why would you not at least town lean him? there's just so little content and so much joking in your iso. I disagree with the notion your play is earnest; you're a competent enough player and I dislike you posting enough to stay "active" while not coming out with any actual content.
I am going to continually fight you on an SS lynch and no one else agrees with you. This is a vanity lynch that you're not gonna get. Do something else.
beefycheese
borkjerfkin
borkjerfkin
He/Him
Xenophile
borkjerfkin
He/Him
Xenophile
Xenophile

Post Post #320 (ISO) » Fri Feb 24, 2017 8:40 am

Post by borkjerfkin »

In post 305, GuiltyLion wrote:I actually like most of Fro99er's page 11 posting.
In post 288, SweetBlueFlowers wrote:His SR on this slot lacks any semblance of authenticity and he basically just followed Cane.
Where did I even act like it was an "authentic scumread"? I saw someone lurking and not playing the game and I sheeped a townlean and voted them. I didn't write up a bunch of buzzwords and crap about how I thought you were scum. Like, this is something where you're describing my play but not actually pointing to why that makes me scum.
here, kinda, esp since she's below frogger who you did seem to have a play based scumread on:
In post 169, GuiltyLion wrote:I'm about here

{bork, TTTT}
{lowell, eddie}
{SS, bella}
{fro99er}
{SBF}

let's wagon this
VOTE: SweetBlueFlowers
beefycheese
Sobolev Space
Sobolev Space
Mafia Scum
Sobolev Space
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #321 (ISO) » Fri Feb 24, 2017 8:46 am

Post by Sobolev Space »

Bork can you explain what you're trying to say with the above post to me?
borkjerfkin
borkjerfkin
He/Him
Xenophile
borkjerfkin
He/Him
Xenophile
Xenophile

Post Post #322 (ISO) » Fri Feb 24, 2017 8:50 am

Post by borkjerfkin »

gl saying "i didnt have any real scumread on sbf, just sheeping eddie" seems mildly disingenuous considering sbf was ranked lower than frogger, someone gl actually did have a scumread on
beefycheese
Sobolev Space
Sobolev Space
Mafia Scum
Sobolev Space
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #323 (ISO) » Fri Feb 24, 2017 8:52 am

Post by Sobolev Space »

Ah I gotchu. Fair enough although I think my prior TR on GL and SR on Lowell still push me to side with GL here.
borkjerfkin
borkjerfkin
He/Him
Xenophile
borkjerfkin
He/Him
Xenophile
Xenophile

Post Post #324 (ISO) » Fri Feb 24, 2017 8:54 am

Post by borkjerfkin »

That is overall where i am; every once in a while lowell hits a town tone though
beefycheese

Return to “Mayfair Club [Micro Games]”