Tohru
Goon
Goon

Post Post #3950 (ISO) » Sat Mar 23, 2019 4:33 am

Post by Tohru »

In post 3943, Nimueh wrote:
In post 3937, Tohru wrote:
In post 3936, Nimueh wrote:
In post 3932, Tohru wrote:I need you to trust me on this.
In post 3933, Tohru wrote:Help me help you get on the same page. For starters, are you convinced and trust that my efforts are currently town-aligned and are strongly working towards town interests?
I trust you’re locktown and all of your posts have a strong pro-town agenda but your also asking me to go against my current read on that slot. If Succinct makes suspicious reads/votes, I’ll definitely reconsider but I’m not seeing it rn. Not when other slots are pinging me more. I am open to changing my mind on Succinct but like I said, I still tr that slot and at worst, it’s a null but that could change.
We still have time and I want to get as much info as possible first

Thank you.

Look, a lot of town players have had rather wrong reads as a collective in this game, which has led to a grand total of
zero
scum lynches so far during the course of a month. I'm not blaming anyone here, this is a team game, but this emphasizes the fact that all the more you guys have to work together and be open to new perspectives.

I've written a mini-essay already to Reck regarding my Succinct read, and it's disappointing that I've been unable to convince you as well. Perhaps I need to be more persuasive? I'm trying my best.

I'm very concerned, because both yourself, Reck, and it appears Chara and tris as well do not seem very open to the idea of a Succinct lynch at all, even when my town-alignment is undoubted and uncontested. This makes me extremely worried for the sake of the game. The activity levels upon the time I have replaced in has also been very low.

I'm not going to sit down and rest on my laurels because "we have time". I've dedicated quite a lot of time to reading this novel of a game and I strongly believe that the path to winning the game is a shoe-in with giant neon letters. I'm definitely not going to twiddle my thumbs and watch you guys drive down the cliff.
What does your alignment have to do with anything? As I said, you’re bleeding locktown but how does that translate to you’re being right? And I also don’t see what harm, obtaining more information does? We’re nowhere close to EoD3, are we?
Okay, there are two fundamental issues:

A player who is bleeding locktown: You can fully trust that everything that they do, they do it for the best interests of the town, in their opinion.
A player who is townish but with some doubts: You can consider their reads and pushes, but you're wary of anything out of the ordinary that may work against town's win condition
A player who is of questionable alignment: You probably don't trust anything they have to say, anything they do can be interpreted as scummy and harmful to town.

---

A player of the top tier would be infinitely more trustworthy, and thus, more reasonable to listen to, or follow, than one from the bottom tier. That doesn't linearly translate into the correctness of that player's reads; you need to make a valued judgment based on their logic, their train of thought, and their perspective. But, if their reasoning makes sense, and logic is sound, I don't see why you couldn't be more open to a different perspective that they hold even if their conclusion is different, or disagrees with an opinion that you currently have. After all, you know, and do trust, that they are working in your best interests. In other words, your mom (sorry, I'm making an assumption here) is always working in your best interests, even though they may not be correct in everything, but it pays to listen to what she has to say with a deep thinking ear.

Next is about "waiting for more information". The game is close to 4000 posts and 160 pages. We are already at information saturation. People are already rather inactive and lax as it is regarding this game's posting. Being lazy and procrastinating is always a recipe for disaster. Hard work pays off. Come on, we can change the state of the game. I'm struggling here. I really need your help to join me.
Tohru
Tohru
Goon
Tohru
Goon
Goon

Post Post #3951 (ISO) » Sat Mar 23, 2019 4:39 am

Post by Tohru »

In post 3947, Chara wrote:
In post 3941, Tohru wrote:How is it townie? Enter is shadethrowing and discrediting Reck who is one of my top townreads currently.
can you convince me on Reck being town?

If I were to cite the reasons being tone and strong townie conviction, would that convince you on Reck town?

I understand that his reads have been poor. He defended Flubbernugget, which is a thorn in your side. You know what, he's hard defending Succinct right now, in fact, and that's trouble for me, yet I still top townread him. Why? Because I feel that he genuinely believes in his reads. I am convinced that he is working to solve the game in his own little way, even if they are misguided. He's protecting his townreads and pushing his scumreads. That's what town does.

Their accuracy is irrelevant. Not all town get it right all the time. In fact, the trend is that town gets it wrong more often than not.

You know what? If you think Reck is scum; then let me tell you that Succinct is his partner. You wanna hit him where it hurts? Vote for Succinct with me.

If he's town and wise, he'll come around. Otherwise, you know that you're performing an action that directly hurts your top scumread, and helps town (me) too, and that's a win.
Nimueh
Nimueh
Mafia Scum
Nimueh
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #3952 (ISO) » Sat Mar 23, 2019 4:43 am

Post by Nimueh »

In post 3946, Chara wrote:i'm getting really tired of Nim "becoming suspicious" literally every time i
suggest
something counter to her reads. i don't think you're scum Nim. i think Reck could be scum. deal with it.
You keep waffling on my slot, unless I push back and how are you ignoring Reck’s unequivocal tr on me? Considering both of us are being pushed, how does him tr me further his scum agenda, because I’m not seeing it?

You don’t think I’m scum but I’m not out of your lynchpool either. I know you tr Creature and no way does Creature townlock me, if I’m scum here. So, I’m sorry if my suspicions are making you “tired” but that does nothing to affect that one way or another.

Why does that surprise you at all anyway? I in general, tend to tr people who mindmeld with me on reads, so why does the opposite making me suspicious, not make sense to you?

Unless, I already read someone as locktown independent of their reads and I can’t in your case. I did prior to Flubber flip but have been less impressed with your Flubber post-flip posts.
Nimueh
Nimueh
Mafia Scum
Nimueh
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #3953 (ISO) » Sat Mar 23, 2019 4:53 am

Post by Nimueh »

In post 3948, Chara wrote:if i really think you're right on him being town, i'll vote Succinct.
tris and NMSA are town for other reasons, tris moreso, and skitter and Ank are town. Creature really is and Nim's patterns still fit what i think is town.
scum Reck not wanting to go after Nim here is a good point but i feel he would have other options (it seems like NMSA eternally gets votes) so i'm uncomfortable locktowning him based on that alone.
Okay, I’m liking this post more. But you need to see it from mpov which you’re obviously not. Considering that I’m being currently voted by at least one horrible town and another slot I sr, can you seriously not understand why you being even remotely hedgey on me, doesn’t completely reassure me?

Because if you do, you would clearly see why your frustration at me, is obviously misplaced. Yes Tris is also hedgey on me but I have other reasons to think she’s town here.
Tohru
Tohru
Goon
Tohru
Goon
Goon

Post Post #3954 (ISO) » Sat Mar 23, 2019 4:54 am

Post by Tohru »

In post 3953, Nimueh wrote:
In post 3948, Chara wrote:if i really think you're right on him being town, i'll vote Succinct.
tris and NMSA are town for other reasons, tris moreso, and skitter and Ank are town. Creature really is and Nim's patterns still fit what i think is town.
scum Reck not wanting to go after Nim here is a good point but i feel he would have other options (it seems like NMSA eternally gets votes) so i'm uncomfortable locktowning him based on that alone.
Okay, I’m liking this post more. But you need to see it from mpov which you’re obviously not. Considering that I’m being currently voted by at least one horrible town and another slot I sr, can you seriously not understand why you being even remotely hedgey on me, doesn’t completely reassure me?

Because if you do, you would clearly see why your frustration at me, is obviously misplaced. Yes Tris is also hedgey on me but I have other reasons to think she’s town here.
Who's voting for you?

NSG hasn't posted a votecount since Day 3, I think.
Tohru
Tohru
Goon
Tohru
Goon
Goon

Post Post #3955 (ISO) » Sat Mar 23, 2019 4:57 am

Post by Tohru »

For the record, I feel that you're more likely to be town than Chara, but Chara is also a solid townread. I really would like for the both of you to work together.
Nimueh
Nimueh
Mafia Scum
Nimueh
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #3956 (ISO) » Sat Mar 23, 2019 5:05 am

Post by Nimueh »

Spoiler:
In post 3950, Tohru wrote:
In post 3933, Tohru wrote:Help me help you get on the same page. For starters, are you convinced and trust that my efforts are currently town-aligned and are strongly working towards town interests?
I trust you’re locktown and all of your posts have a strong pro-town agenda but your also asking me to go against my current read on that slot. If Succinct makes suspicious reads/votes, I’ll definitely reconsider but I’m not seeing it rn. Not when other slots are pinging me more. I am open to changing my mind on Succinct but like I said, I still tr that slot and at worst, it’s a null but that could change.

Thank you.

Look, a lot of town players have had rather wrong reads as a collective in this game, which has led to a grand total of
zero
scum lynches so far during the course of a month. I'm not blaming anyone here, this is a team game, but this emphasizes the fact that all the more you guys have to work together and be open to new perspectives.

I've written a mini-essay already to Reck regarding my Succinct read, and it's disappointing that I've been unable to convince you as well. Perhaps I need to be more persuasive? I'm trying my best.

I'm very concerned, because both yourself, Reck, and it appears Chara and tris as well do not seem very open to the idea of a Succinct lynch at all, even when my town-alignment is undoubted and uncontested. This makes me extremely worried for the sake of the game. The activity levels upon the time I have replaced in has also been very low.

I'm not going to sit down and rest on my laurels because "we have time". I've dedicated quite a lot of time to reading this novel of a game and I strongly believe that the path to winning the game is a shoe-in with giant neon letters. I'm definitely not going to twiddle my thumbs and watch you guys drive down the cliff.
What does your alignment have to do with anything? As I said, you’re bleeding locktown but how does that translate to you’re being right? And I also don’t see what harm, obtaining more information does? We’re nowhere close to EoD3, are we?

A player who is bleeding locktown: You can fully trust that everything that they do, they do it for the best interests of the town, in their opinion.
A player who is townish but with some doubts: You can consider their reads and pushes, but you're wary of anything out of the ordinary that may work against town's win condition
A player who is of questionable alignment: You probably don't trust anything they have to say, anything they do can be interpreted as scummy and harmful to town.

---

A player of the top tier would be infinitely more trustworthy, and thus, more reasonable to listen to, or follow, than one from the bottom tier. That doesn't linearly translate into the correctness of that player's reads; you need to make a valued judgment based on their logic, their train of thought, and their perspective. But, if their reasoning makes sense, and logic is sound, I don't see why you couldn't be more open to a different perspective that they hold even if their conclusion is different, or disagrees with an opinion that you currently have. After all, you know, and do trust, that they are working in your best interests. In other words, your mom (sorry, I'm making an assumption here) is always working in your best interests, even though they may not be correct in everything, but it pays to listen to what she has to say with a deep thinking ear.

Next is about "waiting for more information". The game is close to 4000 posts and 160 pages. We are already at information saturation. People are already rather inactive and lax as it is regarding this game's posting. Being lazy and procrastinating is always a recipe for disaster. Hard work pays off. Come on, we can change the state of the game. I'm struggling here. I really need your help to join me.

You keep putting the argument that your degree of towniness correlates with your being right. You’re practically IC levels of towniness, so of course I don’t doubt everything you’re doing is 100% with a blatantly pro-town agenda. So, please, this is completely a non-issue here. Neither your alignment or motivation is at all in question. It’s clearly obvious, you are convinced on Succinct scum. I am not doubting that for a second.

Perhaps, if you quoted specific examples, that would help me see it?

Since you were right on other reads and are mindmelding with me for the most part otherwise, I am willing to seriously consider your argument but I need specific examples to see it. Can you help me with that?
Nimueh
Nimueh
Mafia Scum
Nimueh
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #3957 (ISO) » Sat Mar 23, 2019 5:12 am

Post by Nimueh »

In post 3954, Tohru wrote:

Who's voting for you?

Yes, she said the vote counter is broken or something?

Elbirn voted me for dumbass reasons and NMSA immediately jumped onboard. That’s the main reason why Chara’s defensiveness is irritating to me. I’m sure if she had two votes on her, she would not find her posts very reassuring if I made them. Why? Because it is my very strong current belief that scum is trying to set up Reck/me mislynches. Therefore anyone both pushing Reck and not townlocking me, who I can’t townlock for other reasons, can’t help pinging me.
Chara
Chara
it/its
Jack of All Trades
Chara
it/its
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades
Pronoun: it/its

Post Post #3958 (ISO) » Sat Mar 23, 2019 5:25 am

Post by Chara »

okay. Succinct is one of my guesses for a Reck partner and i do still really dislike their behaviour around Flubber's IC.
"Sibling," Farkran asked, starting slowly.
"The CORE is full of lasers, and Chemist1422's entire existence depends on her eye. If she looks into a laser, she will almost certainly die. Did you think about that?"
"Oh yes, my brother. I love thinking about that."
Chara
Chara
it/its
Jack of All Trades
Chara
it/its
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades
Pronoun: it/its

Post Post #3959 (ISO) » Sat Mar 23, 2019 5:25 am

Post by Chara »

i have to go to work so i'll see you all later.
"Sibling," Farkran asked, starting slowly.
"The CORE is full of lasers, and Chemist1422's entire existence depends on her eye. If she looks into a laser, she will almost certainly die. Did you think about that?"
"Oh yes, my brother. I love thinking about that."
Tohru
Tohru
Goon
Tohru
Goon
Goon

Post Post #3960 (ISO) » Sat Mar 23, 2019 5:29 am

Post by Tohru »

In post 3956, Nimueh wrote:
Spoiler:

Thank you.

zero

---

You keep putting the argument that your degree of towniness correlates with your being right. You’re practically IC levels of towniness, so of course I don’t doubt everything you’re doing is 100% with a blatantly pro-town agenda. So, please, this is completely a non-issue here. Neither your alignment or motivation is at all in question. It’s clearly obvious, you are convinced on Succinct scum. I am not doubting that for a second.

Since you were right on other reads and are mindmelding with me for the most part otherwise, I am willing to seriously consider your argument but I need specific examples to see it. Can you help me with that?
Thank you, sure. I will try my best.

I want you to pay attention to how fast Succinct abandons the Flubbernugget wagon immediately after the pressure on him disappears. I think Chara has pointed this out and it's rather recent. Could you relook at it?

I also want to highlight to you how Succinct (Enter as well) has had barely made any pushes or reads or made genuine attempts to solve the game.

It's difficult to show the lack of something. It's like saying, "there is a lack of evidence to prove that X Special Treatment helps to reduce hair loss". X Special Treatment is a sham. It doesn't reduce hair loss.
Tohru
Tohru
Goon
Tohru
Goon
Goon

Post Post #3961 (ISO) » Sat Mar 23, 2019 5:33 am

Post by Tohru »

In post 3957, Nimueh wrote:

Who's voting for you?

Elbirn voted me for dumbass reasons and NMSA immediately jumped onboard. That’s the main reason why Chara’s defensiveness is irritating to me. I’m sure if she had two votes on her, she would not find her posts very reassuring if I made them. Why? Because it is my very strong current belief that scum is trying to set up Reck/me mislynches. Therefore anyone both pushing Reck and not townlocking me, who I can’t townlock for other reasons, can’t help pinging me.
I am displeased with Elbirn and NMSA's manner of playing the game. But with a heavy heart I must announce that they can be town, and am therefore tasked with the insurmountable responsibility of trying to prove that to the rest of you.

I do wish they were lynched Day 1 and Day 2 instead of Brigitte and Xtoxm. Their play is definitely ?

Unfortunately I also have to rally to them to help me lynch Succinct. *sigh*
Tohru
Tohru
Goon
Tohru
Goon
Goon

Post Post #3962 (ISO) » Sat Mar 23, 2019 5:36 am

Post by Tohru »

Succinct is only ever replying to people and never putting forth his own pushes and arguments. I find it difficult to even quote from ISO because it's quite an eyesore. Does nobody actually see the problem with being only reactive rather than proactive?
Tohru
Tohru
Goon
Tohru
Goon
Goon

Post Post #3963 (ISO) » Sat Mar 23, 2019 5:41 am

Post by Tohru »

In post 3960, Tohru wrote: It's difficult to show the lack of something. It's like saying, "there is a lack of evidence to prove that X Special Treatment helps to reduce hair loss". X Special Treatment is a sham. It doesn't reduce hair loss.
Addendum: It's possible to prove that X Special Treatment does not reduce hair loss and is a sham, but that would involve: actual scientific tests and controls (e.g. using X Special Treatment, not using it, using a different brand, etc), measuring the rate of hair loss, before and after, etc etc.

Currently I'm being asked to do the same to prove Enter/Succinct's lack of towniness, or scumminess, I suppose.

Life is too short for this!
Tohru
Tohru
Goon
Tohru
Goon
Goon

Post Post #3964 (ISO) » Sat Mar 23, 2019 5:45 am

Post by Tohru »

I need 5 votes.

{ Chara? , _____ , _____ , _____ , ______ }

Your name could be here!
Tohru
Tohru
Goon
Tohru
Goon
Goon

Post Post #3965 (ISO) » Sat Mar 23, 2019 5:50 am

Post by Tohru »

In post 2165, Succinct wrote:
Creature
>
skitter30 > tris = Ankamius
>
Nimueh >
Xtoxm = xRECKONERx = NotMySpamAccount = Elbirn = Chara
(need more on all of these)
>
Flubbernugget = Brigitte

Barring further info.

VOTE: Brigitte
Has Succinct ever explained his Flubber scumread? He magically arrived at this readslist on his 3rd post. But, coincidentally, votes Brigitte, who flips town, rather than the one who was scum.

I don't know about you guys, but this looks to be more fake than Grandma Nelly's teeth!
Tohru
Tohru
Goon
Tohru
Goon
Goon

Post Post #3966 (ISO) » Sat Mar 23, 2019 5:52 am

Post by Tohru »

In post 2187, Succinct wrote:
In post 2180, skitter30 wrote:or, that's not quite wha tyou pushed, sorry, but pushing someone on the basis of their actions not being townie (when it's agreed tehy also aren't scummy) is awful imo
Not my intention. My meaning was Brigitte's suspicious; one post not being scummy's not enough to change that, unless it's sufficiently strongly town-indicative, thus my question; was it a town reaction? If it's nai, then it doesn't change prior scumminess.
In post 2177, Ankamius wrote:Succinct what are your overall thoughts atm?
In post 2165, Succinct wrote:Is the game really "some slots townread each other, almost lynched NMSA together", nothing more?
If so, who were all the NMSA voters?

Creature
>
skitter30 > tris = Ankamius
>
Nimueh >
Xtoxm = xRECKONERx = NotMySpamAccount = Elbirn = Chara
(need more on all of these)
>
Flubbernugget = Brigitte

Barring further info.
Reasons for non-grayed reads already given;
grayed reads = need more info.
[Formatting mine]

Major red flag here. Giant lie for the reasons for non-grayed reads being given: No explanation was ever given for Flubbernugget and Brigitte scumread.
Tohru
Tohru
Goon
Tohru
Goon
Goon

Post Post #3967 (ISO) » Sat Mar 23, 2019 5:57 am

Post by Tohru »

Yeah, I'm not misreading.

Prior to 2187, in Succinct's ISO there was absolutely
zero
explanation given for his reads, especially those in red, which he had proceeded to inexplicably push throughout his campaign in the game.

Why is he unable to come up with genuine reasons to articulate his scumreads?

Because scum already know the alignments of all players, and did not need to "work" as us town did in order to get to the correct answers. He is not good enough as scum to fabricate any convincing reasons for his reads, and therefore chooses not to give any reasons at all.
xRECKONERx
xRECKONERx
GD is my Best Man
xRECKONERx
GD is my Best Man
GD is my Best Man

Post Post #3968 (ISO) » Sat Mar 23, 2019 6:00 am

Post by xRECKONERx »

In post 3902, Chara wrote:
In post 3824, xRECKONERx wrote:not sure i follow?

i think in general my play of "being on the wrong wagon every day and specifically staying off flub" is bad play and im ashamed of it

however, i think the interactions between me n flub arent svs if you really look at them with a deeper critical eye
i do think that if you're scum with Flubber, your interactions with him are pretty ridiculous and would indicate misplays as scum.
but i'm not comfortable ignoring the possibility that scum you made a mistake, because it's easier to see why scum you makes those decisions in error, as scum (distancing mistakes), than why town you does it. (forgetting that you townread him a few times is just so strange to me.)
this isn't AtE but i do need to say this for context:
i have an extremely bad drinking problem and uh a lot of those "forgetting" moments happen when i've already been drinking and just blindly barge into thread and try to read and then have a moment of clarity of "wait no"

i don't expect that to change your mind, but i wanted to put it out there. i forget that most of the people who know me IRL and have known me a long time dont really play on the site anymore or have moved on to mish mash so some of those things about me that i think are obvious arent as obvious to the playerbase anymore
In post 3939, Tohru wrote:
In post 3803, xRECKONERx wrote:
In post 3796, skitter30 wrote:
In post 3785, xRECKONERx wrote:
In post 3759, Nimueh wrote:Scumteam has to be Elbirn/Reck. I think it’s Flubber/Elbirn/Reck and I’ve solved the game. If I’m right, I want bragging rights.
again, ill ask: what part of me/flub interacting makes sense SvS
uh the fact that you badly townread him the whole time he was alive and refused to vote him
there is more subtext to interactions than TOWN MAN DEFEND BAD MAN TOWN MAN BAD MAN

Mister Reck, there is also more subtext to interactions than MAN VOTE BAD MAN MAN TOWN MAN. I truly hope that this could dispel your Succinct townread that may be solely on the basis of his vote on Flubber.
this is actually a really salient point, i think. like i actually sat back and went "....huh"

i guess what im struggling with is the idea that Succinct would risk his buddy dying in that way. you yourself have said scum aren't going to bus in this setup, so why do you think Succinct is the exception to the rule?
green shirt thursdays
Nimueh
Nimueh
Mafia Scum
Nimueh
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #3969 (ISO) » Sat Mar 23, 2019 6:05 am

Post by Nimueh »

In post 3960, Tohru wrote:
In post 3956, Nimueh wrote:
Spoiler:

Thank you.

zero

---

Thank you, sure. I will try my best.

I want you to pay attention to how fast Succinct abandons the Flubbernugget wagon immediately after the pressure on him disappears. I think Chara has pointed this out and it's rather recent. Could you relook at it?

I also want to highlight to you how Succinct (Enter as well) has had barely made any pushes or reads or made genuine attempts to solve the game.

It's difficult to show the lack of something. It's like saying, "there is a lack of evidence to prove that X Special Treatment helps to reduce hair loss". X Special Treatment is a sham. It doesn't reduce hair loss.
Can you please link/quote where this happens?

Enter did make pushes. He pushed me really hard for bad reasons but I tr his conviction in those pushes. However, it wouldn’t be the first time two players from the same slot had contrary reads on me. I was in a recent game where a scumslot put a really bad vote on me and then their replace in, put me as their #1 town.
Nimueh
Nimueh
Mafia Scum
Nimueh
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #3970 (ISO) » Sat Mar 23, 2019 6:13 am

Post by Nimueh »

Spoiler:
In post 3961, Tohru wrote:
In post 3957, Nimueh wrote:

Who's voting for you?

I am displeased with Elbirn and NMSA's manner of playing the game. But with a heavy heart I must announce that they can be town, and am therefore tasked with the insurmountable responsibility of trying to prove that to the rest of you.

I do wish they were lynched Day 1 and Day 2 instead of Brigitte and Xtoxm. Their play is definitely ?

Unfortunately I also have to rally to them to help me lynch Succinct. *sigh*

That would be an awesome mechanic. Yeah, let’s swap horrible NMSA and Elbirn and bring back Brigitte and Xtoxm. I’m all for it. :lol:

I still think Elbirn is scum and NMSA is only town due to clear anti-partner associatives. Elbirn lied. He claimed to townlocked me, when the closest he ever got to that, is you can be town for now but if I sr you, we be cool crap. :roll:
Tohru
Tohru
Goon
Tohru
Goon
Goon

Post Post #3971 (ISO) » Sat Mar 23, 2019 6:16 am

Post by Tohru »

In post 3968, xRECKONERx wrote:
In post 3939, Tohru wrote:
In post 3803, xRECKONERx wrote:
In post 3796, skitter30 wrote:
In post 3785, xRECKONERx wrote:
In post 3759, Nimueh wrote:Scumteam has to be Elbirn/Reck. I think it’s Flubber/Elbirn/Reck and I’ve solved the game. If I’m right, I want bragging rights.
again, ill ask: what part of me/flub interacting makes sense SvS
uh the fact that you badly townread him the whole time he was alive and refused to vote him
there is more subtext to interactions than TOWN MAN DEFEND BAD MAN TOWN MAN BAD MAN

Mister Reck, there is also more subtext to interactions than MAN VOTE BAD MAN MAN TOWN MAN. I truly hope that this could dispel your Succinct townread that may be solely on the basis of his vote on Flubber.
this is actually a really salient point, i think. like i actually sat back and went "....huh"

i guess what im struggling with is the idea that Succinct would risk his buddy dying in that way. you yourself have said scum aren't going to bus in this setup, so why do you think Succinct is the exception to the rule?
The setup changed to White Flag on Day 3, Mister Reck. Scum could "bus" (read: distance. A bus occurs when a teammate actually gets their head rolled under the bus.) before that.

Scum also had special privileged access to the setup information that Town did not have. Which means to say, they
knew
that a player had to escape even if they played a perfect game on Days 1 and 2. In fact, they did not just know, but they
chose
that player to leave.

This is a very important point, because it means that scum could plan their interactions
since the start of the game
. Clearly they've been doing well, since town as a collective whole was unable to lynch any of the three of them on Days 1 and 2 (and, I thought the lynches were pretty towny and a huge waste, but that's just my opinion!).

Which means to say, Mister Reck, that Succinct's uncanny accuracy on Flubber, was a sham. An act of deception, if you will, meant to convince the rest of the town that he is not part of the scum. And it was a planned, calculated approach. Not good enough to deceive the eyes of Tohru, I might say, but I think by its merits it was sufficient to fool quite a reasonable number of town, which is sufficient.

Now, you ask, why take risks? Two things: 1. It was a low risk, high reward. Flubber's IC claim was made knowing the fact that he would be escaping the next day, and this took advantage of the fact that town did not have this knowledge. Meaning to say, that this event was planned for an unknown period of time. Since the start of the game? Halfway through Day 1? Day 2? This is not important to us, actually. 2. People take risks for the silliest reasons all the time. Why did the 16-year-old boy perform incredibly dangerous parkour/skateboard tricks, just to impress the girl, but risking his neck being broken and hospitalized? Not everyone can assess risk clearly and accurately, without actually putting a lot of thought into it.

In other words, the play was actually a lot lower risk than you think it is, Mister Reck. It was sufficient to fool the town, but it isn't perfectly executed: If you read a bit of my reply to Nimeuh (which is also directed at you, too), you'll notice that Succinct's reasons for scumreading Flubber were non-existent, hinting that it might be fake.
Tohru
Tohru
Goon
Tohru
Goon
Goon

Post Post #3972 (ISO) » Sat Mar 23, 2019 6:19 am

Post by Tohru »

In post 3969, Nimueh wrote:
Can you please link/quote where this happens?

Enter did make pushes. He pushed me really hard for bad reasons but I tr his conviction in those pushes. However, it wouldn’t be the first time two players from the same slot had contrary reads on me. I was in a recent game where a scumslot put a really bad vote on me and then their replace in, put me as their #1 town.
Please pay very close attention to . I think Chara might have explained it better than I can.
Creature
Creature
Solve This Game
Creature
Solve This Game
Solve This Game

Post Post #3973 (ISO) » Sat Mar 23, 2019 6:19 am

Post by Creature »

In post 3965, Tohru wrote:He magically arrived at this readslist on his 3rd post.
Magically arriving with a readslist is my specialty, so dunno what to make here.
Sigh
Creature
Creature
Solve This Game
Creature
Solve This Game
Solve This Game

Post Post #3974 (ISO) » Sat Mar 23, 2019 6:20 am

Post by Creature »

Trying to guess who tf is addicted to Dragon Maid
Sigh

Return to “Completed Mini Theme Games”