Mini Theme 2120 | Waifu Upick | Good Waifus Win!

Eragon
Eragon
Mafia Scum
Eragon
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #575 (ISO) » Thu Feb 20, 2020 7:43 pm

Post by Eragon »

In post 574, Eragon wrote:and case in point

that game is 0.0% like the newbie game that you previously quoted.

Meta's CHANGE and EVOLVE over time.

so do PEOPLE, and HABITS

oh wait

I just realized I was mafia that game

lmfaooo
Show
"follow your heart but take your brain with you"
"Get away... from me...!"

Get to know a Dark Shadow!
viewtopic.php?f=61&t=78520
Yumeko and Kirari
Yumeko and Kirari
Townie
Yumeko and Kirari
Townie
Townie

Post Post #576 (ISO) » Thu Feb 20, 2020 7:44 pm

Post by Yumeko and Kirari »

I knew I had some other games with you just couldn't remember where they were

I remember your iso there feeling kinda blah but active which is kinda how I was feeling about you here

so yeah meta does shape my basic expectations for your play; marathon games play a part, that newbie from a year ago that I read pretty closely, and then the scum game where I didn't really remember that well because that game sucked butt but I was feeling like I felt you were kinda spicier as town and here you've been lacking spice

I also was considering moving to Shireen or thinking about reassessing so you blowing up this meta point just seems overly concerned with how my slot is perceiving you. But now that I think about it I do think this is closer to your scumgame than your towngame, although it seems like you don't care about meta which doesn't make it clear to me why you're flipping out over me having you as null-scum in a game with a fair number of townie slots

-K
Yumeko and Kirari
Yumeko and Kirari
Townie
Yumeko and Kirari
Townie
Townie

Post Post #577 (ISO) » Thu Feb 20, 2020 7:45 pm

In post 575, Eragon wrote:oh wait

I just realized I was mafia that game

lmfaooo
:3

Spoiler:

-K
Eragon
Eragon
Mafia Scum
Eragon
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #578 (ISO) » Thu Feb 20, 2020 7:49 pm

Post by Eragon »

In post 576, Yumeko and Kirari wrote:I knew I had some other games with you just couldn't remember where they were

I remember your iso there feeling kinda blah but active which is kinda how I was feeling about you here

so yeah meta does shape my basic expectations for your play; marathon games play a part, that newbie from a year ago that I read pretty closely, and then the scum game where I didn't really remember that well because that game sucked butt but I was feeling like I felt you were kinda spicier as town and here you've been lacking spice

I also was considering moving to Shireen or thinking about reassessing so you blowing up this meta point just seems overly concerned with how my slot is perceiving you. But now that I think about it I do think this is closer to your scumgame than your towngame, although it seems like you don't care about meta which doesn't make it clear to me why you're flipping out over me having you as null-scum in a game with a fair number of townie slots

-K

thats literally the opposite take of my posting in that game
???
I had like a total of 10 posts or something throughout all of my lifespan
10 of which were memes :^)

meta as expectation for play only works if its recent and valid. And even then meta just isnt good on some people unless there is a history of being consistent.

Frankly, I don't care what you're considering scum reading/townreading/moving votes
Im just trying to shut down meta reads that have no realistic value to reading my slot.

it doesn't matter the strength of the read or the read itself, just meta in itself is bad unless its proven consistent imo
Show

Eragon
Eragon
Mafia Scum
Eragon
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #579 (ISO) » Thu Feb 20, 2020 7:50 pm

Post by Eragon »

and I still dont understand you thinking I was active that game

nani
Show

Eragon
Eragon
Mafia Scum
Eragon
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #580 (ISO) » Thu Feb 20, 2020 7:56 pm

Post by Eragon »

you want to see a strong scum game of mine?
viewtopic.php?f=52&t=78246
how about another?
viewtopic.php?f=53&t=79138
town?
viewtopic.php?f=54&t=78486

im doing this to prove a point
that my meta is unreliable and is rarely the same game to game
2 of these are older games, but are games where I was in the game early Day 1
Show

Yumeko and Kirari
Yumeko and Kirari
Townie
Yumeko and Kirari
Townie
Townie

Post Post #581 (ISO) » Thu Feb 20, 2020 7:58 pm

Would you say you don't like playing scum?

-K
Eragon
Eragon
Mafia Scum
Eragon
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #582 (ISO) » Thu Feb 20, 2020 7:58 pm

Post by Eragon »

I have more

but these should be enough to prove my point
Show

Eragon
Eragon
Mafia Scum
Eragon
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #583 (ISO) » Thu Feb 20, 2020 8:00 pm

Post by Eragon »

In post 581, Yumeko and Kirari wrote:Would you say you don't like playing scum?

-K
I would say that I like the challenge and the glory of winning

I would also say that I get stressed out, which causes me to revert to lots of memes

I would also say that I get stressed out as town when things happen, but im generally more relaxed as town if I feel the game state can sustain it.

If I had to make a direct choice, I would choose town simply because there is less pressure, and I can relax slightly more.
But really im fine with either
Show

Yumeko and Kirari
Yumeko and Kirari
Townie
Yumeko and Kirari
Townie
Townie

Post Post #584 (ISO) » Thu Feb 20, 2020 8:03 pm

Hmm you might be less stilted here than you usually seem in your scum games

I'll see how Yumeko feels about gambling on your slot or not :3

-K
Eragon
Eragon
Mafia Scum
Eragon
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #585 (ISO) » Thu Feb 20, 2020 8:05 pm

Post by Eragon »

gambling on the master of gambling...

please Kirari.

Just step down already
Show

Eragon
Eragon
Mafia Scum
Eragon
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #586 (ISO) » Thu Feb 20, 2020 8:07 pm

Post by Eragon »

Meanwhile it has somehow reached 11:00 PM without me realizing it

Fun times
Show

Shadowlesscloud
Shadowlesscloud
Goon
Shadowlesscloud
Goon
Goon

Post Post #587 (ISO) » Thu Feb 20, 2020 8:57 pm

Post by Shadowlesscloud »

Well i was gonnabe on today

But my manager walked out and quit, my coworker is out sick and its a busy night so its just me

If im awake, ill reread and give massive walls tomorrow

Mybe

No promises, yall talk alot and big posts
Show
Fear has two meanings:

‘Forget Everything And Run’

OR

‘Face Everything And Rise.’

The choice is yours.
NorwegianboyEE
NorwegianboyEE
GLADiator
NorwegianboyEE
GLADiator
GLADiator

Post Post #588 (ISO) » Thu Feb 20, 2020 9:31 pm

Post by NorwegianboyEE »

That was a nice long argument S/S would never make.
>Reminder for myself ###
Norwe is spontaneous, has a stream-of-consciouness posting style, usually posts on catch-ups by commenting on past pages posts, gets rather fired up in certain moments in games, is relatively as playful as me in games and likes casual shitposting

- Bunno
Farkran
Farkran
Mafia Scum
Farkran
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #589 (ISO) » Fri Feb 21, 2020 12:28 am

Post by Farkran »

In post 505, Wondertime wrote:I advise that Brian and Espeonage move to another wagon! While Adorable certainly is focused on one target I can't help but tell they're two good waifus going after each other. Poor things. With our powers combined, we can defeat the evil that lurks within our group!

pedit: I agree! I must admit I do not townread Amrun quite as hard as the others, but they're still towny regardless!

~Time
Who did you identify as having a hard townread of Amrun?

Also it's not just Adorable being obsessed with Brian, it's also Brian being obsessed with Adorable, and i haven't found a reason to explain that kind of interaction yet. Why do you think it's TvT?
Farkran is back poggers
-Alisae
Farkran
Farkran
Mafia Scum
Farkran
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #590 (ISO) » Fri Feb 21, 2020 12:28 am

Post by Farkran »

In post 506, Yumeko and Kirari wrote:Yeah I think there's at most one scum on us right now and it could be an all town wagon pretty easily

-K
Who is scum on your wagon? If you are going to do VCA based on your role PM, i am 100% in favor of it but i'd like to hear analysis instead of info.
Farkran is back poggers
-Alisae
Farkran
Farkran
Mafia Scum
Farkran
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #591 (ISO) » Fri Feb 21, 2020 12:29 am

Post by Farkran »

In post 514, Bitmap wrote:
In post 495, Adorable wrote:
In post 493, Bitmap wrote:
In post 491, Adorable wrote:
In post 472, Bitmap wrote:VOTE: Adorable

Generally weak reads and their town reads have no real effort behind it and seems like they just ripped them from Farkran. Their interactions with Brian was bad as well.
No one asked me to elaborate on my reads at the time and there is nothing scummy about giving weak reads on day 1 in less than 24 hours.

In another game I was getting scum read for not giving town reads and now I'm getting scum read for giving town reads. I don't understand what the players want now? Should I give town reads or should I not?
I think the main concern was that it seemed like you were sheeping Farkran's reads mindlessly and not really formulating your own reads.
On #358 I only said Xtoxm and Norway and when I read through your posts I added you on #359. Your thought on me sheeping Farkran's reads looks strange because it would have been Xtoxm, Norway, and Bitmap in one post all together instead of being in 2 separate posts.
Hmm. Ok I see where you're getting from but I think having post to post back to back is the same thing as a single post.

However, I like your other posts so far so...

UNVOTE:
Uhm... while this has nothing to do with any of the mentioned names being town or scum, i think Adorable's explanation is genuine here. Like, normally you wouldn't use that as a reason to explain your apparent sheeping.
Farkran is back poggers
-Alisae
Farkran
Farkran
Mafia Scum
Farkran
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #592 (ISO) » Fri Feb 21, 2020 12:29 am

Post by Farkran »

In post 518, Bitmap wrote:I'm still baffled that I'm not the wagon because I think quantitatively speaking if you're going to push Y&K then you should be pushing me instead.

But I'm just used to getting wagoned in general regardless of alignment.
I definitely know where you come from. Why would you insist on your vote being scummier than Yumeko as a point of interest, though? What's the scum motivation for players to attack Yumeko instead of you, assuming you're both town?

I can think of one reason for this, let's see if your thoughts match mine.
Farkran is back poggers
-Alisae
Farkran
Farkran
Mafia Scum
Farkran
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #593 (ISO) » Fri Feb 21, 2020 12:29 am

Post by Farkran »

In post 537, Espeonage wrote:Hey Bitty. Going to take you up on your offer. How do you feel about us agreeing to us and Brian?
No
In post 539, Bitmap wrote:
In post 537, Espeonage wrote:Hey Bitty. Going to take you up on your offer. How do you feel about us agreeing to us and Brian?
I approve.
Why?
Farkran is back poggers
-Alisae
Farkran
Farkran
Mafia Scum
Farkran
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #594 (ISO) » Fri Feb 21, 2020 12:32 am

Post by Farkran »

In post 542, Amrun wrote:
In post 527, Espeonage wrote:
In post 525, Amrun wrote:
In post 516, Espeonage wrote:This is gonna look terrible for me if YandK flips scum. But I really don't see their vote as an issue.

Like, I spent a good half hour debating who to vote after Eragon bc Adorable felt too convenient while Norway is annoyed at me already and I didn't want to fan the flames, and I have an agenda to be town read with the election.

It may bc I lie more as town than as scum and care more about being town read as town than as scum, but I legit feel like the one liner added to the 'case' and was a fine vote, especially for the game state.

It’s not about the vote. The one liner was fine (and accurate).

I don’t know how to say in many more creative ways that I don’t mind the vote.

That’s why I don’t scumread Bitmap for it. Starting a wagon just to start one is actually 100% fine for this gamestate. It’s not about the vote! It’s about me realizing that they’re appearance concerned.
Ok, but I did address that. I know I care much more about my appearance as town than as scum. Bc I know I can always cash in on free credit as scum by using theatre and aloofness and idgaf is usually towered by people.

I don't think caring about appearances is AI necessarily.
It’s more the manner in which one cares about appearances. That particular one just rubbed me the wrong way.

Like - did they even think they wanted to vote at post 75, or did they just invent that because they thought I was about to attack them for sheeping?

What would the town concern about voting vs not voting at page 75 even be?

Why would scum be concerned about this - why would Town?

IMO there are a lot more scum reasons to be having any of those thoughts.
Why would either town or scum invent that they'd vote their current target earlier when we are already very early in the game, and there's no reason to fake that as an excuse for voting...?

I think you're scumreading Y&K for the wrong reasons, and this worries me a bit. Why is that specific thing striking you, about Y&K, instead of either A. assuming they are too easy a wagon to be scum or B. assuming they are scum because they haven't been producing useful content, which is the main reason people are voting there in the first place?

Note: unfortunately i was unable to catchup fully before i had to go, but i skimmed all content before posting the above multipost chain. I saved comments on xtoxm and eragon for later. I also need to check espeonage's meta because i'm having a bit of issues with him but i don't know if they are relevant - i think his scumrange is huge anyways.

See you later
Farkran is back poggers
-Alisae
Yumeko and Kirari
Yumeko and Kirari
Townie
Yumeko and Kirari
Townie
Townie

Post Post #595 (ISO) » Fri Feb 21, 2020 1:22 am

In post 516, Espeonage wrote:This is gonna look terrible for me if YandK flips scum. But I really don't see their vote as an issue.

Like, I spent a good half hour debating who to vote after Eragon bc Adorable felt too convenient while Norway is annoyed at me already and I didn't want to fan the flames, and I have an agenda to be town read with the election.

It may bc I lie more as town than as scum and care more about being town read as town than as scum, but I legit feel like the one liner added to the 'case' and was a fine vote, especially for the game state.

That’s why I don’t scumread Bitmap for it. Starting a wagon just to start one is actually 100% fine for this gamestate. It’s not about the vote! It’s about me realizing that they’re appearance concerned.
Ok, but I did address that. I know I care much more about my appearance as town than as scum. Bc I know I can always cash in on free credit as scum by using theatre and aloofness and idgaf is usually towered by people.

It’s more the manner in which one cares about appearances. That particular one just rubbed me the wrong way.

Like - did they even think they wanted to vote at post 75, or did they just invent that because they thought I was about to attack them for sheeping?

Alright let me go over this for you:

I thought about voting at 75 because once the conversation shifted to mechanics Eragon seemed to have less to offer (i.e. 'interesting' and nothing more). I'm not a compulsive voter, I don't vote anyone and everyone and then announce that I don't mean to lynch them, that's it's only for pressure - when I vote someone, it's to lynch them - this may or may not sync up with what Kirari does with our vote later. It doesn't matter to me what you would do there, because you are not me. Does that make sense to you?

-Y
Amrun
Amrun
Killed the Radio Star
Amrun
Killed the Radio Star
Killed the Radio Star

Post Post #596 (ISO) » Fri Feb 21, 2020 2:13 am

Post by Amrun »

In post 550, Adorable wrote:
In post 499, Farkran wrote:Adorable, you have only elaborated your scumread of brian skies. What about your other reads? I see we agree about some of our reads, perhaps including brian himself, but i'd like to hear your perspective on the other names you mentioned.
Xtoxm - He said the role he got basically needs to be claimed saying if anyone needs their tier upgrading are to visit him and he also said even then, some abilities won't increase tier visitor for example, he's told wouldn't work. The claim looks really ballsy and I doubt scum would make a claim like this on day 1.

Norway - I liked his early scum hunting and this was when most of the pages were fluff at the time. He said he had early scum pings on Espeonage and Amrun. A few posts later he said maybe Espeonage is town and that looked like town who was trying to figure out Espeonage's alignment.

Bitmap - When I read through his iso his play looked town. I liked how he was interacting with players and #252 the reads looked genuine.
This is a good post from Adorable.
I survived
Tigerpocalypse 2011

Fusion Mafia, ongoing now.
Amrun
Amrun
Killed the Radio Star
Amrun
Killed the Radio Star
Killed the Radio Star

Post Post #597 (ISO) » Fri Feb 21, 2020 2:23 am

Post by Amrun »

In post 594, Farkran wrote:

Why would either town or scum invent that they'd vote their current target earlier when we are already very early in the game, and there's no reason to fake that as an excuse for voting...?

I think you're scumreading Y&K for the wrong reasons, and this worries me a bit. Why is that specific thing striking you, about Y&K, instead of either A. assuming they are too easy a wagon to be scum or B. assuming they are scum because they haven't been producing useful content, which is the main reason people are voting there in the first place?

Note: unfortunately i was unable to catchup fully before i had to go, but i skimmed all content before posting the above multipost chain. I saved comments on xtoxm and eragon for later. I also need to check espeonage's meta because i'm having a bit of issues with him but i don't know if they are relevant - i think his scumrange is huge anyways.

See you later
I literally explained it in that post.

I could see it coming from scum worried about how they’ll be perceived for sheeping, so they must retcon an over-the-game consistent scumread.

Or, it could be genuine. But I chose to pursue it and see what happened.

A. I don’t know why I would ever assume that and it’s usually a bad tell anyway. B. I do think that. I think the slot is focusing on all the wrong things.
In post 595, Yumeko and Kirari wrote:

Alright let me go over this for you:

I thought about voting at 75 because once the conversation shifted to mechanics Eragon seemed to have less to offer (i.e. 'interesting' and nothing more). I'm not a compulsive voter, I don't vote anyone and everyone and then announce that I don't mean to lynch them, that's it's only for pressure - when I vote someone, it's to lynch them - this may or may not sync up with what Kirari does with our vote later. It doesn't matter to me what you would do there, because you are not me. Does that make sense to you?

-Y
I mean, it does make sense. Why would you announce that you don’t mean to lynch them, though? That’s weird.

Like I said, it could be a playstyle clash, but at this point, I don’t think so. None of your responses have impressed me, especially playing semantics with Eragon.
I survived
Tigerpocalypse 2011

Fusion Mafia, ongoing now.
Bitmap
Bitmap
He/Him
Jack of All Trades
Bitmap
He/Him
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades
Pronoun: He/Him

Post Post #598 (ISO) » Fri Feb 21, 2020 4:29 am

Post by Bitmap »

In post 592, Farkran wrote:
In post 518, Bitmap wrote:I'm still baffled that I'm not the wagon because I think quantitatively speaking if you're going to push Y&K then you should be pushing me instead.

But I'm just used to getting wagoned in general regardless of alignment.
I definitely know where you come from. Why would you insist on your vote being scummier than Yumeko as a point of interest, though? What's the scum motivation for players to attack Yumeko instead of you, assuming you're both town?

I can think of one reason for this, let's see if your thoughts match mine.
Because I'm trying to trace back Amrun's thought process and thought that if I was in Amrun's shoes and assuming Amrun is town, I would probably think the blitz wagon especially on the later votes would be scummy.
"I give up on trying to read you. You're unimaginably scummy, with a dose of ultra-Town thrown in for spice."
Bitmap
Bitmap
He/Him
Jack of All Trades
Bitmap
He/Him
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades
Pronoun: He/Him

Post Post #599 (ISO) » Fri Feb 21, 2020 4:31 am

Post by Bitmap »

In post 593, Farkran wrote:
No
In post 539, Bitmap wrote:
I approve.
Why?
I don't think it's a bad hood.
"I give up on trying to read you. You're unimaginably scummy, with a dose of ultra-Town thrown in for spice."

Return to “Completed Mini Theme Games”