Micro 940: A Normal Blitz II - Game Over

Micro Games (9 players or fewer). Archived during the 2023 queue overhaul.
Hoctac
Hoctac
Mafia Scum
Hoctac
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #500 (ISO) » Sat May 16, 2020 1:42 pm

Post by Hoctac »

Why do you think Madoka "townslipped" for her catchup, George? Are you townreading her for the effort alone (it's NAI), or do you like her takes?
not yet sentient
Hoctac
Hoctac
Mafia Scum
Hoctac
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #501 (ISO) » Sat May 16, 2020 1:44 pm

Post by Hoctac »

UNVOTE: GeorgeBailey

No, shiki, it's in the same view as the murder mystery conspiracy. Never mind if you don't get it.
not yet sentient
Hoctac
Hoctac
Mafia Scum
Hoctac
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #502 (ISO) » Sat May 16, 2020 1:44 pm

Post by Hoctac »

*the same vien
not yet sentient
Datisi
Datisi
it/he
Drawn from Memory

Datisi
it/he
Drawn from Memory

Drawn from Memory

Pronoun: it/he

Post Post #503 (ISO) » Sat May 16, 2020 1:49 pm

Post by Datisi »

why did you unvote him? and did you really meta him or was that a jokr going over my head?
I will straight up disregard all reason if you have a PR dream again. You can come back and be like, “I dreamt that Locke is a N2 Bulletproof Multitasking Cop and Self-Targeting Doctor,” and I will go, “Okay, Locke kill it is then.”
~M
Hoctac
Hoctac
Mafia Scum
Hoctac
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #504 (ISO) » Sat May 16, 2020 1:51 pm

Post by Hoctac »

Nah, I did meta him.

I don't want a hammer.
not yet sentient
Hoctac
Hoctac
Mafia Scum
Hoctac
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #505 (ISO) » Sat May 16, 2020 2:14 pm

Post by Hoctac »

VOTE: Madoka
not yet sentient
Madoka
Madoka
Goon
Madoka
Goon
Goon

Post Post #506 (ISO) » Sat May 16, 2020 2:34 pm

Post by Madoka »

Up to Page 10

Spoiler: LIT
hu: town, objective
126 nai
127 nai
134 nai
138 nai
hu: super town -- I am actually going to stop including HEM's posts since he's locked.
141 cont.
sh: her analysis seems to be particularly on point this game -- sharp or dark? If anyone can think of a better opposite to "dumb or scum" that rhymes please help
ho: ngl why is he continuing this after Hoctac hard claimed?
ge: this doesn't make sense, why null rather than datisi? What is town about datisi?
148 nai
Ho: why are you still questioning him?
153 nai townish
da: this response is disproportional to the accusation. Coming across it a second time, I dont think this is town. I also don't care for the shiki vote. holden is the scummiest up to this point.
da: good response
sh: the idea that i asked umlaut to vote doesnt seem like the though scum!Shiki would have
da: good response
178 nai
179 nai
183 nai
184 nai
ge: townie thought, very townie
186 nai
ho: what is the purpose of this
ho: ok this is pretty townie looks ignorant
189 nai
ho: i think it is bad that holden is focusing so much on this. I know he tends to get caught up on stuff though so im not sure what to make of it
191 nai
192 nai
ho: the answer is pretty straight forward
195 nai
197 nai
ho: slightly town indicative
ho: good good
207 nai
208 nai
211 nai
212 nai
213 and dont know what hes saying
215 nai
218 ho: good eval
219 nai
220 nai but good
225 ho: intersting
226 nai
235 ge: entering tmi territory
236 nai
ge: good tone
da:good tone
sh: i like the hg read
ge: so tmi-y
245 nai

♡ I still read Datisi's reaction as coming from self-conscious scum. Some of his responses afterward had a towny tone, however, I do not think they are enough to override the read. Still, this read is not that strong.

♡ Holden's treatment of the masons was strange. He focused on it way too long and he questioned umlaut way too long. It did not produce anything fruitful. I really cannot wrap my head around why he discussed the Madoka vote thing with him so long. I think there is a good chance Holden is scum.

♡ Shiki has made solid post after solid post. Her reasoning is consistent and her points do not come off to me as having come from scum. In particular, her paranoia that I asked umlaut to vote her and her read on Holden.

♡ Hiraki's post up to this point have also left a slight town impression on me. They looked worse when I was skimming, but his points are not bad.

♡ George has made some really innocent seeming posts, but he also seems to be making a lot of posts that read as TMI. In particular, his read of shiki and his read of Holden. He made a post saying that he thinks the reason holden is playing differently here is because of the pace. I think this is a strange opinion to have considering the last game they played together was also a blitz game... I think George is currently my strongest suspect.
Madoka
Madoka
Goon
Madoka
Goon
Goon

Post Post #507 (ISO) » Sat May 16, 2020 2:41 pm

Post by Madoka »

This represents the current strength of my reads

GeorgeBailey
<<<<
<
<<<<<o>>>>>>>>>>

Datisi
<<<<<
<
<<<<o>>>>>>>>>>

HoldenGolden
<<<<<<
<
<<<o>>>>>>>>>>

Hiraki
<<<<<<<<<<o>>
>
>>>>>>>

shiki
<<<<<<<<<<o>>>>>>
>
>>>

humaneatingmonkey
<<<<<<<<<<o>>>>>>>>
>
>
Hoctac
Hoctac
Mafia Scum
Hoctac
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #508 (ISO) » Sat May 16, 2020 2:43 pm

Post by Hoctac »

Madoka, why do you put so much stock into people doubting our masons claims to as being towny - especially with regards to the monkey? Is in not possible scum would transparently question us if they actually had doubts of a gambit, since they want to kill more optimally in the night?
not yet sentient
humaneatingmonkey
humaneatingmonkey
Survivor
humaneatingmonkey
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #509 (ISO) » Sat May 16, 2020 2:50 pm

Post by humaneatingmonkey »

If this day ends with anything other than a Hiraki lynch, I'm gonna be disappointed.

I don't know why the difference between this Hiraki and the Hiraki last game isn't obvious to everybody. His points here are less about the flaws of my own actual play and the inconsistencies of the narrative I present to everyone and more on the narrative he assigned to them. It feels malicious. I keep thinking about it and I can't reconcile a sharp town!Hiraki not being able to produce more out of our interaction if he truly believes I'm scum. It also feels like what he did with me here was more scumhunting theater than actually trying to figure out who scum is.
humaneatingmonkey
humaneatingmonkey
Survivor
humaneatingmonkey
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #510 (ISO) » Sat May 16, 2020 2:55 pm

Madoka can you speed up to 21 so I can finally see your vote
humaneatingmonkey
humaneatingmonkey
Survivor
humaneatingmonkey
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #511 (ISO) » Sat May 16, 2020 3:00 pm

Can anyone pushing for a Bailey lynch tell me why Bailey is a better lynch?
And where the hell is Bailey?
humaneatingmonkey
humaneatingmonkey
Survivor
humaneatingmonkey
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #512 (ISO) » Sat May 16, 2020 3:04 pm

I'm ending my day. Good night.
Madoka
Madoka
Goon
Madoka
Goon
Goon

Post Post #513 (ISO) » Sat May 16, 2020 3:04 pm

Post by Madoka »

I am working on it HEM! My niece is asleep in my arm right now so hard to type hoc.
Hoctac
Hoctac
Mafia Scum
Hoctac
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #514 (ISO) » Sat May 16, 2020 3:05 pm

Post by Hoctac »

Aww, take your time
not yet sentient
humaneatingmonkey
humaneatingmonkey
Survivor
humaneatingmonkey
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #515 (ISO) » Sat May 16, 2020 3:05 pm

In post 513, Madoka wrote:I am working on it HEM! My niece is asleep in my arm right now so hard to type hoc.
Aw shit now I feel bad
GeorgeBailey
GeorgeBailey
He/Him
GeorgeBailey
GeorgeBailey
He/Him
GeorgeBailey
GeorgeBailey
Pronoun: He/Him

Post Post #516 (ISO) » Sat May 16, 2020 3:22 pm

Post by GeorgeBailey »

In post 500, Hoctac wrote:Why do you think Madoka "townslipped" for her catchup, George?
I was PoE reading her before, and her catchup post (I said towntell, is that the same thing? idk what townslip exactly is) but I think her catch up post summed up the pages well, and provided decent reads which mostly I agreed with.
GeorgeBailey
GeorgeBailey
GeorgeBailey
He/Him
GeorgeBailey
GeorgeBailey
He/Him
GeorgeBailey
GeorgeBailey
Pronoun: He/Him

Post Post #517 (ISO) » Sat May 16, 2020 3:22 pm

Post by GeorgeBailey »

But i'm curious which of my posts read as TMI @Madoka
GeorgeBailey
Hoctac
Hoctac
Mafia Scum
Hoctac
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #518 (ISO) » Sat May 16, 2020 3:43 pm

Post by Hoctac »

In post 517, GeorgeBailey wrote:But i'm curious which of my posts read as TMI @Madoka
She linked them: and .
not yet sentient
Umlaut
Umlaut
Jack of All Trades
Umlaut
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #519 (ISO) » Sat May 16, 2020 4:25 pm

Post by Umlaut »

In post 461, GeorgeBailey wrote:Huh, TvT fights, from my personal experience, usually revolve around stupid pedantics on definitions or non-trivial issues that only Town would care about. Then usually someone's feeling get hurt, or someone rages.
I've gotten in plenty of TvT fights where we were both genuinely convinced the other was scum.
In post 466, GeorgeBailey wrote:
In post 465, Hoctac wrote:This is revenge for Fusion.
Don't give me flashbacks like that
In post 464, HoldenGolden wrote:Which one do you pick.
VOTE: Hiraki
Can you explain why you picked this one? I don't recall you really saying you think Hiraki is scum, and I do recall you really saying you think Monkey is scum.
In post 481, Madoka wrote:
In post 447, Umlaut wrote:can you substantiate this a bit more?
How so?
Can you point to what GeorgeBailey has said or done that led you to consider him actively engaged in the game?
“There are two kinds of people in this world: those who say, ‘There are two kinds of people in this world: those who say there are two kinds of people in this world,
and the other kind,
’ and those who
don’t
say. Well, then there’s me.” — J.R. “Bob” Dobbs
Madoka
Madoka
Goon
Madoka
Goon
Goon

Post Post #520 (ISO) » Sat May 16, 2020 4:30 pm

Post by Madoka »

In post 508, Hoctac wrote:Madoka, why do you put so much stock into people doubting our masons claims to as being towny - especially with regards to the monkey? Is in not possible scum would transparently question us if they actually had doubts of a gambit, since they want to kill more optimally in the night?
I do not believe I am. I think George had the the towniest reaction to your claim. My reasoning for town reading HEM is independent of what he thought about your claim. I think the way Holden treated it, however, was scummy because of how long he spent theorizing about your motivations. It was a waste of time for something that would be cleared up on its own.
Madoka
Madoka
Goon
Madoka
Goon
Goon

Post Post #521 (ISO) » Sat May 16, 2020 4:37 pm

Post by Madoka »

In post 519, Umlaut wrote:Can you point to what GeorgeBailey has said or done that led you to consider him actively engaged in the game?
He is just more active than he was in the previous Blitz. I do not think this is particularly alignment indicative. I simply mentioned it in the process of sorting my feelings.
Hoctac
Hoctac
Mafia Scum
Hoctac
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #522 (ISO) » Sat May 16, 2020 4:44 pm

Post by Hoctac »

In post 520, Madoka wrote:
In post 508, Hoctac wrote:Madoka, why do you put so much stock into people doubting our masons claims to as being towny - especially with regards to the monkey? Is in not possible scum would transparently question us if they actually had doubts of a gambit, since they want to kill more optimally in the night?
I do not believe I am. I think George had the the towniest reaction to your claim. My reasoning for town reading HEM is independent of what he thought about your claim. I think the way Holden treated it, however, was scummy because of how long he spent theorizing about your motivations. It was a waste of time for something that would be cleared up on its own.
In post 506, Madoka wrote: hu: super town -- I am actually going to stop including HEM's posts since he's locked.
Specifically, why is this "super town" from monkey?
not yet sentient
HoldenGolden
HoldenGolden
Mafia Scum
HoldenGolden
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #523 (ISO) » Sat May 16, 2020 4:50 pm

Post by HoldenGolden »

In post 346, Hiraki wrote:
In post 338, Hoctac wrote:
In post 332, Hiraki wrote:One person that does a lot of meta persuades your opinion?
In post 335, Hiraki wrote:But this is a new game, where you're not supposed to know her alignment.
This displeases me!
How does it displease you? Putting a dependence on a read on someone else's read isn't something you do as a first option. It's pretty close to the last option. The only thing HEM has against me is that I'm twisting his words - which, wait a second that sounds familiar -

viewtopic.php?p=11703551#p11703551

Oopsie.
Let's work from this narrative then. I can pull the post I was talking about from the newbie where post game HEM commented he doesn't like using meta. How does that affect your read considering he is asking Shiki for meta?
Hiraki
Hiraki
Survivor
Hiraki
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #524 (ISO) » Sat May 16, 2020 4:59 pm

Post by Hiraki »

In post 523, HoldenGolden wrote:
In post 346, Hiraki wrote:
In post 338, Hoctac wrote:
In post 332, Hiraki wrote:One person that does a lot of meta persuades your opinion?
In post 335, Hiraki wrote:But this is a new game, where you're not supposed to know her alignment.
This displeases me!
How does it displease you? Putting a dependence on a read on someone else's read isn't something you do as a first option. It's pretty close to the last option. The only thing HEM has against me is that I'm twisting his words - which, wait a second that sounds familiar -

viewtopic.php?p=11703551#p11703551

Oopsie.
Let's work from this narrative then. I can pull the post I was talking about from the newbie where post game HEM commented he doesn't like using meta. How does that affect your read considering he is asking Shiki for meta?
Negatively? I think I've brought up that fact multiple times. Not sure what you're trying to get at here.

@all: There are 18 hours left so if you are not on a wagon, it's time to move onto one.

Return to “Mayfair Club [Micro Games]”