Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #225 (ISO) » Thu May 28, 2020 7:17 am

Post by Raya36 »

In post 214, TrueSoulEnergy wrote:
In post 208, Raya36 wrote:
In post 206, TrueSoulEnergy wrote:
In post 202, Raya36 wrote:
In post 195, TrueSoulEnergy wrote: The reason I won’t choose you and Dunn is because you guys are both playing pretty strong and you are obvious Town targets to pick to keep.
Usually if scum can’t pick their buddy they would pick you or Dunn because your the “easy route”
And they get a higher chance for a mislynch.
I don't think I'm following this line of thought. Bee and Dunn are obvious to keep I agree with. I agree that if scum can't pick their buddy a strong town is a good choice. What I'm not following is why that's a reason to not give Bee or Dunn the chain? Wouldn't it be better to do that and take away that easy option for scum?
It depends on the order of the chain IMO.
Ok so let's say you were close to the start of the chain and bee or Dunn didnt have the chain. Would you give it to them then?
Assuming Morning gives it to me.
My plan would be to give it to Pink Ball and get them to choose Dunn or Bee.
Why does Morning have to give it to you?
Raya36
Raya36
Mafia Scum
Raya36
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #226 (ISO) » Thu May 28, 2020 7:18 am

Post by Raya36 »

In post 220, beeboy wrote:
In post 195, TrueSoulEnergy wrote:
In post 194, beeboy wrote:TSE tell me 2 people you'd hand the chain to and why?

pedit: midway you can play this game as well if you want.
Pink Ball

I feel as if they might be a mislynch target normally and I think they are having a feud with ABR I’m not entirely sure on that. I trust their posts enough to save them for today to make sure someone scummy gets lynched over Pink Ball.

Reya

Usually my plan was just to choose Pink Ball but assuming Pink Ball is already chosen then I’d choose Reya.
They have shown some Townie posts and good contribution. While other players haven’t been really doing that.

The reason I won’t choose you and Dunn is because you guys are both playing pretty strong and you are obvious Town targets to pick to keep.
Usually if scum can’t pick their buddy they would pick you or Dunn because your the “easy route”
I actually town read Reya more then Dunnstral, to the extent where when I commit to my pact I wanted Dunnstral to be the end of our 3 man chain so I could see what he does with it.
I'd be happy with this as well since I town read you stronger than Dunn
TrueSoulEnergy
TrueSoulEnergy
Jack of All Trades
TrueSoulEnergy
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #227 (ISO) » Thu May 28, 2020 7:22 am

Post by TrueSoulEnergy »

In post 225, Raya36 wrote:
In post 195, TrueSoulEnergy wrote: The reason I won’t choose you and Dunn is because you guys are both playing pretty strong and you are obvious Town targets to pick to keep.
I don't think I'm following this line of thought. Bee and Dunn are obvious to keep I agree with. I agree that if scum can't pick their buddy a strong town is a good choice. What I'm not following is why that's a reason to not give Bee or Dunn the chain? Wouldn't it be better to do that and take away that easy option for scum?
Ok so let's say you were close to the start of the chain and bee or Dunn didnt have the chain. Would you give it to them then?
Where did I say they “have” to give it to me?
I said assuming they do.
SirCakez
SirCakez
he/him
Is A Lie
SirCakez
he/him
Is A Lie
Is A Lie
Pronoun: he/him

Post Post #228 (ISO) » Thu May 28, 2020 7:29 am

Post by SirCakez »

What has Dunn done to deserve the TR? He seems like NAI Dunn so far.
Brian Skies - "
I just wanna say Cakez is an evil mod and this is an evil setup.
"

--------------------
Get to know a Cakez!
Raya36
Raya36
Mafia Scum
Raya36
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #229 (ISO) » Thu May 28, 2020 7:38 am

Post by Raya36 »

In post 227, TrueSoulEnergy wrote:
I said assuming they do.
Ok better question then, why are you assuming that
Raya36
Raya36
Mafia Scum
Raya36
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #230 (ISO) » Thu May 28, 2020 7:41 am

Post by Raya36 »

In post 228, SirCakez wrote:What has Dunn done to deserve the TR? He seems like NAI Dunn so far.
I liked his first post and then the following ones where he was trying to understand the plan. Came across as a townie genuinely wanting to understand.

I also liked where he was unsure about the plan for me Bee and him to give the chain to each other. Scum would likely take that deal since it makes it easy to be put on the chain.
TrueSoulEnergy
TrueSoulEnergy
Jack of All Trades
TrueSoulEnergy
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #231 (ISO) » Thu May 28, 2020 8:06 am

Post by TrueSoulEnergy »

In post 229, Raya36 wrote:
In post 227, TrueSoulEnergy wrote:
I said assuming they do.
Ok better question then, why are you assuming that
Because If we assume that I have a confident answer for you.
Starbuck
Starbuck
Jack of All Trades
Starbuck
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #232 (ISO) » Thu May 28, 2020 8:22 am

Post by Starbuck »

In post 219, SirCakez wrote:
In post 213, Starbuck wrote:
In post 178, SirCakez wrote:I'm not trying to force something I'm trying to understand why you made that post the way you did. This reaction is not great because you're getting all defensive over something that wasn't even aggressive in the first place. You're right I don't know you so why not just explain that instead of trying to shade me.
For someone who is accusing me of being defensive, when I was just explaining my frustrations and not FoS-ing him, you seem to get pretty dang defensive and quite white knighty here. If you weren't trying to push something, what was the point of your question when you knew who I was talking about?
Like I said I was trying to figure out why you were being shifty about it.
And ftr I understand the reasoning behind the beeboy (suspicion? frustration?) but I just don't understand why you danced around it the way you did.
Like why not just say "I dislike beeboy's entrance for the massive amount of information in his first post" or something like that?
Probably because I haven't played in a few years so I'm not using all the jargon/phrasing that we're all typically used to when we've played back on MS for awhile, tbh. Again, this isn't really helping my issue with you forcing something where there isn't anything. You just seem focused that I didn't phrase something specifically as you would prefer.
<3 Kise, Reck, dram, tans, & Kats <3
farside22
farside22
Mafia Mum
farside22
Mafia Mum
Mafia Mum

Post Post #233 (ISO) » Thu May 28, 2020 8:27 am

Post by farside22 »

In post 200, midwaybear wrote:I read beeboy as town, and I feel like that interaction with Starbuck could be TvT yes. So I townread both of them.
I'm not really confident in anyone right now, so I'm not sure who I would hand the chain to. I would probably give it to NDMath or Starbuck because Starbuck seems pretty genuine and NDMath feels townie.
Starbuck basically came in, complained about beeboy and been on defense since. Not sure how you get that as a town read as its pretty NAI.
In post 204, Raya36 wrote:
In post 200, midwaybear wrote:I read beeboy as town, and I feel like that interaction with Starbuck could be TvT yes. So I townread both of them.
I'm not really confident in anyone right now, so I'm not sure who I would hand the chain to. I would probably give it to NDMath or Starbuck because Starbuck seems pretty genuine and NDMath feels townie.
Is there any other reasons you think starbuck is town or is it entirely based on that interaction maybe being TvT and your read on Bee? Do you think that interaction could also come from TvS?
You stated a town read on star as well in post 172. And a town read on bee. Why did you feel the need to ask this question to mid?
In post 211, Raya36 wrote:I though Unwnd seemed town
In post 224, Raya36 wrote:
In post 216, TrueSoulEnergy wrote:
In post 211, Raya36 wrote:I though Unwnd seemed town
I’d completely disagree.
What makes you read them as Town?
Their posts are just shade. That’s it.
I think our disagreement is that his posts were shade. I get that his post about you is hard to defend to because it wasn't specific but your posts were more or less just fluff and images at that point. I feel the same only I don't think its AI so not worth posting about.

What I found town was his post about NDMath. I was having similar thoughts about that post and also a little suspicious of it once someone pointed out he seemed to be budding me. Only thing I didn't agree with is that a town read on you is safe.
I don't see a reason your town reading unwnd. All you said was you didn't see it as shade posting.
You realize unend callrd out ND saying his town reads are secuity position (which he listed 3 player) and unwnd basically says he doesn't TSE, calls dunn null and beeboy fine. That basically contradicts his whole post about ND in one shot.
So I will ask again.
Why are you town reading unwnd?
Sarcasm is just a way of saying how stupid you think someone is but in a more polite way.
Starbuck
Starbuck
Jack of All Trades
Starbuck
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #234 (ISO) » Thu May 28, 2020 8:31 am

Post by Starbuck »

It's so interesting because I don't feel I'm being defensive. More discussion than anything else and interacting to try and get some reads.
Starbuck
Starbuck
Jack of All Trades
Starbuck
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #235 (ISO) » Thu May 28, 2020 8:38 am

Post by Starbuck »

So far, I'm not really liking SirCakez continual whiteknighting of beeboy to me when there's no real reason to do so. It's feeling like a way to be active without necessarily commenting on much else.

TSE's overreaction and subsequent posts have just been weird.

I'm not sure how I'm feeling on farside as she's understandably curious/suspicious, but I'm not sure if it's quite genuine or not.

Dunnstral isn't giving me warning bells, so I'm leaning town there. I've also appreciated Raya's contributions and feeling town there, as well.

I'm neutral/town-ish on beeboy because I can see where the difference of gameplay might have come from and willing to trust others who seem to have read him as town.

I need ABR, unwnd, spring, midway, Pink Ball, and NDmath to post more.
Raya36
Raya36
Mafia Scum
Raya36
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #236 (ISO) » Thu May 28, 2020 8:42 am

Post by Raya36 »

In post 233, farside22 wrote: You stated a town read on star as well in post 172. And a town read on bee. Why did you feel the need to ask this question to mid?
Mid is my FoS right now. I'm not asking to get a better read on star or bee. I'm asking to get a better read on Mid.

I think our disagreement is that his posts were shade. I get that his post about you is hard to defend to because it wasn't specific but your posts were more or less just fluff and images at that point. I feel the same only I don't think its AI so not worth posting about.

What I found town was his post about NDMath. I was having similar thoughts about that post and also a little suspicious of it once someone pointed out he seemed to be budding me. Only thing I didn't agree with is that a town read on you is safe.
In post 233, farside22 wrote: I don't see a reason your town reading unwnd. All you said was you didn't see it as shade posting.
You realize unend callrd out ND saying his town reads are secuity position (which he listed 3 player) and unwnd basically says he doesn't TSE, calls dunn null and beeboy fine. That basically contradicts his whole post about ND in one shot.
So I will ask again.
Why are you town reading unwnd?
I liked his thoughts about ND. That's a good point. I think it was more along the lines that the majority read them as town, but I guess you can't say that they're safe town reads if you don't even read them as town.
farside22
farside22
Mafia Mum
farside22
Mafia Mum
Mafia Mum

Post Post #237 (ISO) » Thu May 28, 2020 8:43 am

Post by farside22 »

In post 234, Starbuck wrote:It's so interesting because I don't feel I'm being defensive. More discussion than anything else and interacting to try and get some reads.

EBWOP:
Starbuck wrote:So far, I'm not really liking SirCakez continual whiteknighting of beeboy to me when there's no real reason to do so. It's feeling like a way to be active without necessarily commenting on much else.

TSE's overreaction and subsequent posts have just been weird.

I'm not sure how I'm feeling on farside as she's understandably curious/suspicious, but I'm not sure if it's quite genuine or not.

Dunnstral isn't giving me warning bells, so I'm leaning town there. I've also appreciated Raya's contributions and feeling town there, as well.

I'm neutral/town-ish on beeboy because I can see where the difference of gameplay might have come from and willing to trust others who seem to have read him as town.

I need ABR, unwnd, spring, midway, Pink Ball, and NDmath to post more.

Sorry girl I think you are scum and you are the last person I want to get into it with.
Sarcasm is just a way of saying how stupid you think someone is but in a more polite way.
farside22
farside22
Mafia Mum
farside22
Mafia Mum
Mafia Mum

Post Post #238 (ISO) » Thu May 28, 2020 8:45 am

Post by farside22 »

In post 143, unwnd wrote:
In post 120, NDMath wrote:I townread TSE/BeeBoy/Dunn.

Pinkball tunnelling on Sircakez and Raya is interesting?
Not a huge fan of the way Sircakez ended mechanical discussion.
My top townreads are the same as raya's, so either they're apparent or raya has a Town mindset. I'd assume apparent.

I really don't like this post for some reason haha
In post 145, unwnd wrote:I think what I don't like about that post couples into how I'm reading the thread right now, which is essentially I think ND's proposed townreads are all security positions. The people who are commonly townread are town. Job well done hats off to everyone

In terms of how I read those three I've already not really liked TSE (Explain others), Dunn null and Beeboy is like fine? Fine is a great way to describe him
He literally contradicts his own reason for scum reading NDMath, byt saying he disagreed with the town reads.
And you think that is a good point!!!????

Raya: Do you typically ask a player why they town read a player you town read to see if they are scum? I'm curious because it's not something I typically see players do.
Starbuck
Starbuck
Jack of All Trades
Starbuck
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #239 (ISO) » Thu May 28, 2020 8:46 am

Post by Starbuck »

Meh, I'm pretty sure we've had this discussion in the past. My town read comes off scummy most of the time. I'm used to it.
Starbuck
Starbuck
Jack of All Trades
Starbuck
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #240 (ISO) » Thu May 28, 2020 8:47 am

Post by Starbuck »

Also, the fact that you won't interact with me doesn't help me have a better read on you.
Albert B. Rampage
Albert B. Rampage
Survivor
Albert B. Rampage
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #241 (ISO) » Thu May 28, 2020 8:58 am

Post by Albert B. Rampage »

Captain Starbuck, First Officer Rampage standing by! Your orders, sir!
Guard your honor. Let your reputation fall where it will. And outlive the bastards.
Raya36
Raya36
Mafia Scum
Raya36
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #242 (ISO) » Thu May 28, 2020 9:00 am

Post by Raya36 »

In post 238, farside22 wrote:
In post 143, unwnd wrote:
In post 120, NDMath wrote:I townread TSE/BeeBoy/Dunn.

Pinkball tunnelling on Sircakez and Raya is interesting?
Not a huge fan of the way Sircakez ended mechanical discussion.
My top townreads are the same as raya's, so either they're apparent or raya has a Town mindset. I'd assume apparent.

I really don't like this post for some reason haha
In post 145, unwnd wrote:I think what I don't like about that post couples into how I'm reading the thread right now, which is essentially I think ND's proposed townreads are all security positions. The people who are commonly townread are town. Job well done hats off to everyone

In terms of how I read those three I've already not really liked TSE (Explain others), Dunn null and Beeboy is like fine? Fine is a great way to describe him
He literally contradicts his own reason for scum reading NDMath, byt saying he disagreed with the town reads.
And you think that is a good point!!!????

Let's make that
thought
. I think he's correct in saying NDMath's reads may have been safe. I no longer think he's town for saying that since his post was so contradictory. The thought process of these people are commonly town read so these reads are safe but I'm not going to town read them probably doesn't come from town.
In post 238, farside22 wrote: Raya: Do you typically ask a player why they town read a player you town read to see if they are scum? I'm curious because it's not something I typically see players do.
I'm not sure if I typically do but I'm sure I have before. If I'm not seeing much from someone I scumread I typically do try to start a conversation with random questions to see where that goes. In this case it lead to discussing where his town read comes from on someone I also happen to town read.
beeboy
beeboy
Survivor
beeboy
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #243 (ISO) » Thu May 28, 2020 9:07 am

Post by beeboy »

I think Raya believes what they are saying. Farside you have solid points about the reads themselves and they aren't particularly reads I would back up but I also think Raya stand by what she is saying. I also don't particularly see inconsistencies with how she is approaching the game which is more what I tend to look for when I try and identify people with bad reads.

I could be wrong here but I do think she is town.
ah yes, beeboy style reads;
if this person flips town, then i'll townread them. - Nahdia
beeboy
beeboy
Survivor
beeboy
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #244 (ISO) » Thu May 28, 2020 9:19 am

Post by beeboy »

My current stance on Starbuck is to agree to disagree on our approach to the game.
Look back at her day 2/3 when more content is established. Half this is just a bias because I know people joined this game to play with her which isn't exactly the best play but mafia is also just a game.

Math, Spring and unwnd are all players I think need to provide more content or they are just going to get crushed by the POE as this game progresses and I prefer to mislynch/catch scum do to me playing well not them conceding for no good reason.
midwaybear
midwaybear
Mafia Scum
midwaybear
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #245 (ISO) » Thu May 28, 2020 9:34 am

Post by midwaybear »

In post 241, Albert B. Rampage wrote:Captain Starbuck, First Officer Rampage standing by! Your orders, sir!
What? I hope you're trolling lol
In post 244, beeboy wrote:Math, Spring and unwnd are all players I think need to provide more content or they are just going to get crushed by the POE as this game progresses and I prefer to mislynch/catch scum do to me playing well not them conceding for no good reason.
It sounds like you are saying if people don't give content/post, you are going to push for their lynch. Not sure I really like that.

Also, who is Morning?
Starbuck
Starbuck
Jack of All Trades
Starbuck
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #246 (ISO) » Thu May 28, 2020 9:34 am

Post by Starbuck »

In post 241, Albert B. Rampage wrote:Captain Starbuck, First Officer Rampage standing by! Your orders, sir!
Give us some good content. Your ISO leaves me wanting.
Starbuck
Starbuck
Jack of All Trades
Starbuck
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #247 (ISO) » Thu May 28, 2020 9:39 am

Post by Starbuck »

midway, you have to understand mine and ABR's relationship. He was in my first ever full NEWBIE game when I first joined in 2009. There's history here.

However, that doesn't mean I won't call him out for lack of content because damn. I could have some really great pillows out of all this fluff.
beeboy
beeboy
Survivor
beeboy
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #248 (ISO) » Thu May 28, 2020 9:47 am

Post by beeboy »

In post 245, midwaybear wrote:
What? I hope you're trolling lol
In post 244, beeboy wrote:Math, Spring and unwnd are all players I think need to provide more content or they are just going to get crushed by the POE as this game progresses and I prefer to mislynch/catch scum do to me playing well not them conceding for no good reason.
It sounds like you are saying if people don't give content/post, you are going to push for their lynch. Not sure I really like that.

Also, who is Morning?
The way this game gets played they are going to die. Someone is going to town read an active player regardless of how scummy they are over a very low poster. It's going to result in them dying and hurting the game because it's just not game play at that point. It's not something I am pushing for but it's an inevitability if I don't push for them to produce content.

I think morning is spring based on context of morning having the chain.
unwnd
unwnd
Jack of All Trades
unwnd
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #249 (ISO) » Thu May 28, 2020 10:05 am

Post by unwnd »

What I don't understand TSE is that you were instantly resigned to me being scum over one sentence about you

I was at work today (I read your 6-long dialogue before I went to bed) and I came to the conclusion reading you tonally is going to be a crapshoot. Again, you sit here and tell me that what I did was anti-town then proceed to jump conclusions
Stop

Return to “Completed Mini Theme Games”