Mini Theme 2155: SIN: This Impurity must be Cleansed!

Porkens
Porkens
Survivor
Porkens
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #1225 (ISO) » Fri Aug 07, 2020 10:22 am

Post by Porkens »

I don’t understand the obsession with starbuck. Her catchups have seemed fine to me. I don’t really get scum vibes from bee either.

My pool is norwee/catboi/DD. Don’t even need a dart.
BananaCucho
BananaCucho
Mafia Scum
BananaCucho
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1226 (ISO) » Fri Aug 07, 2020 10:25 am

Post by BananaCucho »

In post 1225, Porkens wrote:I don’t understand the obsession with starbuck. Her catchups have seemed fine to me. I don’t really get scum vibes from bee either.

My pool is norwee/catboi/DD. Don’t even need a dart.
Starbuck has done catchups. They haven't done anything to try to solve the game.
NorwegianboyEE
NorwegianboyEE
GLADiator
NorwegianboyEE
GLADiator
GLADiator

Post Post #1227 (ISO) » Fri Aug 07, 2020 10:33 am

Post by NorwegianboyEE »

Porkens isn’t solving the game either. In fact, everyone scumreading me except maybe Redtea. And Jackel seemingly struggling with why i’d kill Joey. ...Have no real reasoning behind their read on me. And don’r bring up much more thought than: "i’m going to base all my reads on Norwegian being scum, instead of genuinely considering or explaining why the people half the game read as scum are likely town".
So Porkens/Starbuck comes out worst in that regard.
Norwe is spontaneous, has a stream-of-consciouness posting style, usually posts on catch-ups by commenting on past pages posts, gets rather fired up in certain moments in games, is relatively as playful as me in games and likes casual shitposting

- Bunno
Porkens
Porkens
Survivor
Porkens
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #1228 (ISO) » Fri Aug 07, 2020 10:39 am

Post by Porkens »

Half the game reads scumreads as town so I don’t know what the contradiction is. As far as I can tell scum are actively trying to mastermind the game and set up mislynch dominos.
Porkens
Porkens
Survivor
Porkens
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #1229 (ISO) » Fri Aug 07, 2020 10:39 am

Post by Porkens »

Ngl I’m kinda sick of the cliques.
BananaCucho
BananaCucho
Mafia Scum
BananaCucho
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1230 (ISO) » Fri Aug 07, 2020 10:40 am

Post by BananaCucho »

In post 1227, NorwegianboyEE wrote:Porkens isn’t solving the game either. In fact, everyone scumreading me except maybe Redtea. And Jackel seemingly struggling with why i’d kill Joey. ...Have no real reasoning behind their read on me. And don’r bring up much more thought than: "i’m going to base all my reads on Norwegian being scum, instead of genuinely considering or explaining why the people half the game read as scum are likely town".
So Porkens/Starbuck comes out worst in that regard.
I know they're not. Look at my POE again
BananaCucho
BananaCucho
Mafia Scum
BananaCucho
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1231 (ISO) » Fri Aug 07, 2020 10:41 am

Post by BananaCucho »

In post 1229, Porkens wrote:Ngl I’m kinda sick of the cliques.
What cliques are you referring to? The town core?
Porkens
Porkens
Survivor
Porkens
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #1232 (ISO) » Fri Aug 07, 2020 10:47 am

Post by Porkens »

“Towncore” lol I’m not buying it.
BananaCucho
BananaCucho
Mafia Scum
BananaCucho
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1233 (ISO) » Fri Aug 07, 2020 10:56 am

Post by BananaCucho »

I don't understand what you're trying to do here.
BananaCucho
BananaCucho
Mafia Scum
BananaCucho
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1234 (ISO) » Fri Aug 07, 2020 10:58 am

Post by BananaCucho »

Porky can you tell me what you're basing some of these "vibes" on? If you're town, can you honestly say that you wouldn't be getting these types of vibes from other players, such as Starbuck, if they played the game more? All Starbuck has done is catchups. Of course you're not going to get any vibes from them if they don't provide anything to get vibes from
BananaCucho
BananaCucho
Mafia Scum
BananaCucho
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1235 (ISO) » Fri Aug 07, 2020 11:04 am

Post by BananaCucho »

Because, from my perspective you're one of two things

1) Town who is trying to offer a unique/different perspective on things (this can be good actually)

or 2) A wolf who is boxed in, and is lashing out and trying to cast as much doubt on the towncore. For all I know, 2 or more scum are in the general POE and are going to get knocked out really quickly here

The catboi read is interesting. I don't necessarily have them as high up on my town list as others. And I will admit, that Norwee has gone down on my list. But the 3 scum reads you have are DD/Norwee/Catboi.

In order for DD/Norwee to be scum, that means pretty much every person lurking this game out is a lazy town. I don't and won't buy that. I will
entertain
the idea that one of these may be scum, but in the game we likely have 3 scum at least. So I'm not going to lynch in there today. No way. 110% no way
BananaCucho
BananaCucho
Mafia Scum
BananaCucho
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1236 (ISO) » Fri Aug 07, 2020 11:14 am

Post by BananaCucho »

How about we do this Porky. Because I will not and cannot entertain taking a stab at certain players today because if they are town and are mislynched, we are literally just doing scum a favor here. They are going to kill me and then move onto the other active town players. We can literally leave them for later

So tell me, who are you willing to compromise from this list?

Redtea
Jackel
Starbuck
Bee

I would appreciate 1 name you're willing to compromise on there, the person you most think is scummy. Because I'm telling you, there's no way the scum team is DD/Norwee/Catboi. You may have 1 scum in there. But there is scum outside it as well.
BananaCucho
BananaCucho
Mafia Scum
BananaCucho
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1237 (ISO) » Fri Aug 07, 2020 11:24 am

Post by BananaCucho »

I know I am bombarding you, but I just found something else in your ISO that is bothering me and it's this:

Spoiler: Porky
In post 1032, Porkens wrote:
In post 1012, NorwegianboyEE wrote:
In post 962, Porkens wrote:I don’t have time for this. if you all don’t see norwee scum I’m not going to waste any more of my breath. I’ll read for his partners and we’ll just go from there. Right now probably looking at DD.
K, good riddance.
I have never see norwee tilt this hard. I’m not sure what to make of it.

Jackel still seems like flipbait to me, bee seems townships, and
I’m starting to get bad feelings about starbuck
In post 1054, Porkens wrote:Beetlejuice achievement unlocked!

Valid question, although...
Jackel why do you TR starbuck?

In post 1116, Porkens wrote:
In post 1049, Jackel98 wrote:That doesn't seem strong enough to then advocate for eliminating + vigging both me and Starbuck, where it would put us at ELo if you're wrong twice. Is there any reasoning beyond this for me being your #1 scumpick?
Here is where I interpret you assuming starbuck is town.
In post 1117, Porkens wrote:
In post 1115, NorwegianboyEE wrote:Maybe later.
This kind of stuff just comes across to me like scum who thinks he can’t be caught.

I have no interest in flipping starbuck today.

I am not fully opposed to a mass claim.

Staring to get low grade pings from a couple others

Rat didn’t want his corruption to be lowered, bell. Any insight on that?

I don't understand how Starbuck's catchups flipped you from feeling bad about them, questioning Jackel's TR on them to all of a sudden having no interest in flipping them. Can you help me out with this thought process so that I can understand it instead of assuming it's just made up?

Those 4 posts are in a row in your ISO, spread out over about a day
Porkens
Porkens
Survivor
Porkens
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #1238 (ISO) » Fri Aug 07, 2020 11:37 am

Post by Porkens »

and dismantle the reasoning on her and take her off the table for me.
BananaCucho
BananaCucho
Mafia Scum
BananaCucho
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1239 (ISO) » Fri Aug 07, 2020 11:40 am

Post by BananaCucho »

In post 1238, Porkens wrote: and dismantle the reasoning on her and take her off the table for me.
Anything specific from 1067? There's quite a lot of nothings in there.

1071 is pretty critical of Jackel and Bee. Do you disagree with those criticisms?
BananaCucho
BananaCucho
Mafia Scum
BananaCucho
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1240 (ISO) » Fri Aug 07, 2020 11:41 am

Post by BananaCucho »

Like Starbuck herself states in 1067 that she's been doing IIOA
catboi
catboi
Jack of All Trades
catboi
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #1241 (ISO) » Fri Aug 07, 2020 11:56 am

Post by catboi »

In post 1222, BananaCucho wrote:
In post 1219, redtea wrote:What's y'all's reasoning for not including Jackel in the elimination pool anymore?

Sorry, I try. Helps when I use quotes but sometimes I get a little over-confident with my coherence. Or I'm on mobile, as I am now.
This is my personal pool, I expect everyone to have differing opinions on it

IMO alligator is a player who probably found themselves in a bad spot early and has been trying to turn it around. Day 2 I'm raising the bar and she's meeting the expectation for me. She seems to be putting forth an effort to solve the game. Day 3 we'll raise the bar more.
(ФДФ) I would still have jackel in my POE but would have her at a lower priority than other players. Her recent reasoning is not good but she
might
just be illogically tunneled. Should we get a red flip from starbuck I want her dead though.
BananaCucho
BananaCucho
Mafia Scum
BananaCucho
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1242 (ISO) » Fri Aug 07, 2020 12:02 pm

Post by BananaCucho »

Fair.
Starbuck
Starbuck
Jack of All Trades
Starbuck
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #1243 (ISO) » Fri Aug 07, 2020 12:20 pm

Post by Starbuck »

Goodness, for folks complaining about inactivity, y'all add a lot of pages. Activity Overview has Banana closing in on 300 posts in Day 2 and NEE at 205. Are you a Auro alt or something? JFC.

Anyways, I wanted to start my ISO read with androgybee. Now having played with both heads separately, I'm not sure if they are having a hard time with cohesion or maybe both beeboy and Nahdia overextended themselves, but I've been having a hard time finding anything town about their slot. I haven't been able to put it into words, so I figured an ISO dive would be the best way to sort them.

From the start with that "hard claim" about needing to format "Corruption" in a certain way, things just have felt off to me. I know it was a gambit/reaction test, but I don't think it garnered much of anything other than be a distraction in a mechanic-heavy game. It was so over the top that it wasn't really believable and just kinda went against what I've seen of a town!beeboy. Finding a means to distract is more anti-town than pro-town in my book.

I touched on everything involved in the "trolling" conversation in my 295. Given that Joey is town, reading this over again gives me pause about androgy making a mountain out of a molehill over something pretty insignificant. Finding something small to blow up and twist and turn is usually a scum tactic.
In post 457, androgybee wrote:So I intend to weigh in on wagons that actually have some traction right now, but my biggest scumread mid-catchup is NDMath.
feels very much like a bullshitted read. and looking through the rest of his ISO it's just reactive and noncommittal.

~Nahdia
This jump out of no where to NDMath concerns me because there's no talk of ND prior to this. ND is generally one of those low activity players that y'all would be complaining about. I think I may have described him as Silent Bob in The Weakest Link game where he doesn't say much, but he means what he says. Given that he has an overall total number of posts in the game over Radicat Rat (who was replaced), I don't understand how someone like ND pops to "biggest scumread."

The reads list in 463 feels like what everyone else had been saying around this time frame and nothing really new being brought to the table, other than the ND push. Then there's the whole thing about Bell "hitting the ground running" that I previously touched on in my 701 and the feeling of being misunderstood. It just doesn't feel genuine with the quick overdefensiveness of calling Joey obtuse and the refusal to clarify when quite a few of us didn't understand where that came from, as Bell hadn't really added much to the game state at this point.

All of that ended with this post
In post 565, androgybee wrote:im really not worried with how anyone us reading our slot this game, actually. so think what you want.
Which Joey called them out on and Nahdia's response was "it'll make sense" in 570, but I don't get what was supposed to make sense. And now with Joey NK'd, this doesn't make me feel very confident about androgy!town.
In post 600, androgybee wrote:ill also say wrt to jackel, i have no reason to townread the slot but their readlist doesnt look particularly bad for any reason to me and im pretty worried they could be a misexecution. so i'd rather we aim at a slot i actually find scummy (NDMath).
This continued to push of ND, without much to go on, while defending Jackal is quite hypocritical. The subsequent back and forth with Joey regarding ND feels quite forced, as well, and then there's this piece:
In post 664, androgybee wrote:bee "doesn't townread her anymore" but agrees with me that it just kind of feels like a misexecution.
I get just being generally null on someone, but I don't understand how these two things can be true: feeling like someone will be a misexecution not townreading them. If you feel like someone will be a misexecution, then you have to be townreading them. This waffley bit is something that threw me off yesterday but being in everending catch up mode has made hard to verbalize.

I also don't like this much either:
In post 680, androgybee wrote:I think the value in flipping a very very low activity player is if they end up being scum, there's plenty to read into. If they end up being town it's actually much harder to get anything useful. I would go there if I didn't have players I actively want to see flip.
I'm not sure how much you can read into the posts of a low activity player, regardless of alignment, when they (in the case of ND) only have 11 total posts in the game.

Then their entrance into Day 2 is quite lackluster and I've said it already, but plenty of folks were calling for my head and for Jackal's, but there was seemingly no similar call from the same folks about androgy. So to have a post like this come from them is laughable AF because they just described themselves:
In post 968, androgybee wrote:I don't think we are slightly townie.
I think Starbuck has a lot of posts that feel NAI or is just her agreeing with or other light comments on other peoples posts.
Like she is playing this game from a spectator or back seat position which I think is scum indicative.

I feel like she is trying to go under the radar and that means she is likely scum. I am just getting a bad vibe overall.
I also think her handling of crocodilo is a little weird.

~Bee

Now with all of that said: VOTE: androgybee
<3 Kise, Reck, dram, tans, & Kats <3
Starbuck
Starbuck
Jack of All Trades
Starbuck
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #1244 (ISO) » Fri Aug 07, 2020 12:22 pm

Post by Starbuck »

In post 1240, BananaCucho wrote:Like Starbuck herself states in 1067 that she's been doing IIOA
I was kinda being sarcastic there to be fair. It's pretty shitty to be working through trying to sort the game and constantly have folks label your posts as IIoA when you're in perpetual catch-up mode because 2 people hold around 500+ posts of the game.
<3 Kise, Reck, dram, tans, & Kats <3
BananaCucho
BananaCucho
Mafia Scum
BananaCucho
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1245 (ISO) » Fri Aug 07, 2020 12:35 pm

Post by BananaCucho »

Oooooooo time to read, thank you for returning Starbuck
BananaCucho
BananaCucho
Mafia Scum
BananaCucho
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1246 (ISO) » Fri Aug 07, 2020 12:37 pm

Post by BananaCucho »

In post 1244, Starbuck wrote:
In post 1240, BananaCucho wrote:Like Starbuck herself states in 1067 that she's been doing IIOA
I was kinda being sarcastic there to be fair. It's pretty shitty to be working through trying to sort the game and constantly have folks label your posts as IIoA when you're in perpetual catch-up mode because 2 people hold around 500+ posts of the game.
I had 1100 posts in my last game on sc2mafia that lasted 2 weeks

Don't tempt me lol
BananaCucho
BananaCucho
Mafia Scum
BananaCucho
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1247 (ISO) » Fri Aug 07, 2020 12:42 pm

Post by BananaCucho »

After reading that I feel better about a Bee elimination today
androgybee
androgybee
Goon
androgybee
Goon
Goon

Post Post #1248 (ISO) » Fri Aug 07, 2020 1:02 pm

Post by androgybee »

Hey prod recieved.
Uh on a 1-10 scale how likely are we to be yeeted today?

~Bee
Nahdia/beeboy hydra
BananaCucho
BananaCucho
Mafia Scum
BananaCucho
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1249 (ISO) » Fri Aug 07, 2020 1:11 pm

Post by BananaCucho »

In post 1248, androgybee wrote:Hey prod recieved.
Uh on a 1-10 scale how likely are we to be yeeted today?

~Bee
The beetlejuicing here is astounding

Return to “Completed Mini Theme Games”