Micro 986 - The Coalition: PIFoMP [game over!]

Micro Games (9 players or fewer). Archived during the 2023 queue overhaul.
Farren
Farren
He/Him
Best Overall Mish Mash Player

Farren
He/Him

Pronoun: He/Him

Post Post #575 (ISO) » Sat Nov 28, 2020 8:29 pm

Post by Farren »

In post 567, dostin wrote:
In post 499, tris wrote:i don't like how dostin focuses almost entirely on norwegian to the point that the only indication of any other read is the healing.
I think Norwegianboy is standing out very much as mafia and nobody else really is. I don't really have explanations for why I think Mystic Bear and Vanderscamp are town but their posts seem very genuine like they are all ready to solve the game and like I said before make it clear to everyone else what they are doing and thinking, which is what townies should be doing in the first stage of the game naturally with a town mindset and an understanding of how the setup works.
What about everyone else?
Mish-Mash Janitor

Please PM me for any Mish-Mash maintenance needs!
NorwegianboyEE
NorwegianboyEE
GLADiator
NorwegianboyEE
GLADiator
GLADiator

Post Post #576 (ISO) » Sat Nov 28, 2020 9:30 pm

Post by NorwegianboyEE »

HURT: all

HEAL: Farren
HEAL: mystic bear
HEAL: tris
HEAL: vanders
HEAL: scooby

The deal is on Mystic Bear.
Norwe is spontaneous, has a stream-of-consciouness posting style, usually posts on catch-ups by commenting on past pages posts, gets rather fired up in certain moments in games, is relatively as playful as me in games and likes casual shitposting

- Bunno
StarToAYoungCulture
StarToAYoungCulture
Townie
StarToAYoungCulture
Townie
Townie

Post Post #577 (ISO) » Sat Nov 28, 2020 9:34 pm

Post by StarToAYoungCulture »

HURT: all

HEAL: Farren
HEAL: Mystic Bear
HEAL: Vanders
HEAL: Scooby Dooby Doo
NorwegianboyEE
NorwegianboyEE
GLADiator
NorwegianboyEE
GLADiator
GLADiator

Post Post #578 (ISO) » Sat Nov 28, 2020 9:45 pm

Post by NorwegianboyEE »

In post 574, Farren wrote:Or sheer bloody stubborn-mindedness. That's another possibility.
It is. And stubbornnes is one of my strongest towntells. As scum i tend to give up easily, probably just lurk out the rest of the day the moment the goings get though, but when i’m town i feel strongly motivated to fight for my wincon regardless of how much pressure on me. I would never in my life come up with an some kind of wifom strategy like this as scum, (and even if i did, again... what would i gain? It’d be putting in gargantuan efforts just to set myself up for loss.) so really the most likely possibility here is that i am town.
Norwe is spontaneous, has a stream-of-consciouness posting style, usually posts on catch-ups by commenting on past pages posts, gets rather fired up in certain moments in games, is relatively as playful as me in games and likes casual shitposting

- Bunno
NorwegianboyEE
NorwegianboyEE
GLADiator
NorwegianboyEE
GLADiator
GLADiator

Post Post #579 (ISO) » Sat Nov 28, 2020 9:48 pm

Post by NorwegianboyEE »

Of course Dostin ignores all of this and still harps on the first pages. He’s living in the past, his reads aren’t evolving, and it bettays his scum mindset. The only possibility i can see is that he is faking his reads.

- Bunno
Mystic Bear
Mystic Bear
Goon
Mystic Bear
Goon
Goon

Post Post #580 (ISO) » Sat Nov 28, 2020 10:05 pm

Post by Mystic Bear »

In post 578, NorwegianboyEE wrote:
In post 574, Farren wrote:Or sheer bloody stubborn-mindedness. That's another possibility.
It is. And stubbornnes is one of my strongest towntells. As scum i tend to give up easily, probably just lurk out the rest of the day the moment the goings get though, but when i’m town i feel strongly motivated to fight for my wincon regardless of how much pressure on me. I would never in my life come up with an some kind of wifom strategy like this as scum, (and even if i did, again... what would i gain? It’d be putting in gargantuan efforts just to set myself up for loss.) so really the most likely possibility here is that i am town.
did u even read the setup at all or are u like trolling
hydra of Pooky(he/him) and DkKoba(they/them)
Mystic Bear
Mystic Bear
Goon
Mystic Bear
Goon
Goon

Post Post #581 (ISO) » Sat Nov 28, 2020 10:11 pm

Post by Mystic Bear »

In post 39, StarToAYoungCulture wrote:
In post 24, Mystic Bear wrote:its like they knew they were going to roll scum so they decided to do an alt so we could meta-case them.

anyway I would just like to say i'm super excited because I'm actually town this time so I will be accepting nothing less than a day 1 coalition victory.
I agree
HEAL: StarToAYoungCulture

I played on other forums but only heard here, now my homeforum dont have games anymore people told I had to come here for game
Also I am ESL
so anyways this was a big lie. this probably why i got this weird ass vibe abt this slot bc they're lying and its mostly about them being new.
Mystic Bear
Mystic Bear
Goon
Mystic Bear
Goon
Goon

Post Post #582 (ISO) » Sat Nov 28, 2020 10:14 pm

Post by Mystic Bear »

In post 578, NorwegianboyEE wrote:
that is true that u did lurk out in cult d3 as soon as town had a solid solve that was 3/3. but no one is voting you here. they're just too suspicious of you to put you on a coalition for good reasons.

can you please read the OP first though and learn how the setup works tho bc i dont think u understand why we are looking at the way you are playing as scum and i wanna give u a chance to at least argue urself logically
NorwegianboyEE
NorwegianboyEE
GLADiator
NorwegianboyEE
GLADiator
GLADiator

Post Post #583 (ISO) » Sat Nov 28, 2020 10:16 pm

Post by NorwegianboyEE »

What's your point? The setup is that if we have a block 5 people that are town with both scum outside then town wins immediately. What is it about that?

- Bunno
NorwegianboyEE
NorwegianboyEE
GLADiator
NorwegianboyEE
GLADiator
GLADiator

Post Post #584 (ISO) » Sat Nov 28, 2020 10:26 pm

Post by NorwegianboyEE »

Oh now i get it. If the coalition fails the majority vote get's eliminated. I thought voting a player was literally pointless as the day would continue if the coalition failed and we could choose an elimination afterwards.
This explains why Mystic Bear called my unvote of them scum indicative as they believed i was playing with this knowledge.
Things make SO much more sense now.

- Bunno
NorwegianboyEE
NorwegianboyEE
GLADiator
NorwegianboyEE
GLADiator
GLADiator

Post Post #585 (ISO) » Sat Nov 28, 2020 10:31 pm

Post by NorwegianboyEE »

In post 527, Datisi wrote:NorwegianboyEE [3]: Scooby Dooby Doo, tris, dostin
Mystic Bear [3]: bugspray, MysticBear, StarToAYoungCulture
dostin [1]: NorwegianboyEE
I don't agree with the plan of having Mystic Bear instantly die if the coalition fails.
We can lock in their coalition but the smart play is to make the vote someone that's more likely to be scum inside of the coalition. So if it fails then the most universal suspect is instantly weeded out.

- Bunno
NorwegianboyEE
NorwegianboyEE
GLADiator
NorwegianboyEE
GLADiator
GLADiator

Post Post #586 (ISO) » Sat Nov 28, 2020 10:33 pm

Post by NorwegianboyEE »

@Mystic Bear

Which of the players in your block are you least confident in?

- Bunno
NorwegianboyEE
NorwegianboyEE
GLADiator
NorwegianboyEE
GLADiator
GLADiator

Post Post #587 (ISO) » Sat Nov 28, 2020 10:44 pm

Post by NorwegianboyEE »

I don't understand the logic of people here, and it's kinda ridiculous that i have to act like the devils advocate, but isn't it quite weird that y'all "place your trust" in Mystic Bear for their gambit, but vote him for the execution if the coalition fails? I think we'd be better off preparing for the worst case scenarion by already keeping our vote on whoever of the 5 in the coalition we have the least trust in, so if the coalition fails they are eliminated. Best case scenario, scum in the pool is removed early. Worst case scenario, we get rid of someone that is likely to be eliminated anyway in the event of the coalition failing.

Therefore i propose we all agree on one of Tris/Vanderscamp/Farren/Scooby Dooby Doo to eliminate if the plan goes wrong.

- Bunno
NorwegianboyEE
NorwegianboyEE
GLADiator
NorwegianboyEE
GLADiator
GLADiator

Post Post #588 (ISO) » Sat Nov 28, 2020 10:46 pm

Post by NorwegianboyEE »

And if they are all town, at least we made preparations and don't just accept the suicide. Which is apparently Mystic Bears plan. If they fail they just wanna screw town, that's not really the best play to make from their town!POV here if people alredy are willing to trust them without needing them to be the sacrifice and scapegoat in case it goes wrong.

- Bunno
Scooby Dooby Doo
Scooby Dooby Doo
Townie
Scooby Dooby Doo
Townie
Townie

Post Post #589 (ISO) » Sat Nov 28, 2020 11:58 pm

Post by Scooby Dooby Doo »

In post 542, Mystic Bear wrote:There are two words that are often misunderstood in the English language.

I fear sometimes modern culture has so polluted their meaning that they no longer mean what they used to.

It is important that we use them in the proper context.

The first word I speak of is:

Honor

This is our First Ideal, what we strive for every day. We will conduct ourselves with honor because it is a privilege to live.

In the context of this game, it means we place everything on the line - to serve this town faithfully, to do our best to play to win.

You can't trust our role pm is green because you can't see it - but by our actions we will prove ourselves to be honorable and true.

The second word is:

Duty

Duty in our lives is not obligation, but the responsibilities placed in us by our community, our families, and our friends to do the right thing.

In the context of this game it is our duty to faithfully execute our position as we have been honored with the trust of many here to lead this town to victory -

We can't waver from this - we must meet it head-on, we must fight onwards. Hedging for us is not an option - the mantle of leadership is heavy but it is our duty to carry it forward.

This is just a game, but how we carry ourselves here will echo into time eternal.

One of my favorite poems is Invictus by William Ernest Henley - it is called Invictus,

this is my favorite stanza:

It matters not how strait the gate,
How charged with punishments the scroll,
I am the master of my fate:
I am the captain of my soul.

We will solve this game, we will lead this town to victory, and if we fail we will accept our just rewards as we deserve - but we will not accept failure.
I am so heavily pocketed
Scooby Dooby Doo
Scooby Dooby Doo
Townie
Scooby Dooby Doo
Townie
Townie

Post Post #590 (ISO) » Sun Nov 29, 2020 12:03 am

Actually kinda like the dostin posts on page 23. Brief times between them and the points are reasooonable. I think it's his writing style that comes across has fake and stilted, and isn't an alignment thing
Scooby Dooby Doo
Scooby Dooby Doo
Townie
Scooby Dooby Doo
Townie
Townie

Post Post #591 (ISO) » Sun Nov 29, 2020 12:06 am

In post 573, Farren wrote:I keep getting distracted by the Norwegian / Mystic show.

Let's say Norwegian's scum. Norwegian's motive as scum in offering to support the coalition that doesn't include him in exchange for eliminating Dostin later is ... what?

Possibilities:
WIFOM. WIFOM is only meaningful to scum if there's scum in the coalition, or if it helps get scum into the coalition. The likelihood of Norwegian getting into any coalition at this point is slim to none, with odds on none. WIFOM would have to be aimed at getting Norwegian's partner into the coalition.

Dostin / Norwegian seems rather laughable as a team, but that's the only person I can think of that would make a sense from a WIFOM perspective. Doesn't seem likely.

Trying to get himself in somehow? Don't see how this would have any chance of working.

Trolling? Not having any idea what would work so trying to throw anything at the wall to see if it would stick? That's all I can think of.
This post is sus because why are you even focusing on this. And what about the possibility of NEE being scum with a partner already in the coalition? That's an obvious one you missed out.

This is the kind of post which is fun to theorise about and fabricate, but is actually pretty unhelpful as town, in place of actual reads on the playerlist.

Why Farren in the coalition, BEARS
Scooby Dooby Doo
Scooby Dooby Doo
Townie
Scooby Dooby Doo
Townie
Townie

Post Post #592 (ISO) » Sun Nov 29, 2020 12:07 am

In post 581, Mystic Bear wrote:
In post 39, StarToAYoungCulture wrote:
In post 24, Mystic Bear wrote:its like they knew they were going to roll scum so they decided to do an alt so we could meta-case them.

anyway I would just like to say i'm super excited because I'm actually town this time so I will be accepting nothing less than a day 1 coalition victory.
I agree
HEAL: StarToAYoungCulture

I played on other forums but only heard here, now my homeforum dont have games anymore people told I had to come here for game
Also I am ESL
so anyways this was a big lie. this probably why i got this weird ass vibe abt this slot bc they're lying and its mostly about them being new.
Yep
Very obviously
Scooby Dooby Doo
Scooby Dooby Doo
Townie
Scooby Dooby Doo
Townie
Townie

Post Post #593 (ISO) » Sun Nov 29, 2020 12:08 am

Google translate into Russian and then back to English and then to Turkish and then back to English, STAYC

This should obfuscate what you're writing if you want to appear ESL
Scooby Dooby Doo
Scooby Dooby Doo
Townie
Scooby Dooby Doo
Townie
Townie

Post Post #594 (ISO) » Sun Nov 29, 2020 12:09 am

NBEE, convince me hour dostin lockscum read isn't a massive OMGUS. Would you have the same read if he was acting that way to another player?
Scooby Dooby Doo
Scooby Dooby Doo
Townie
Scooby Dooby Doo
Townie
Townie

Post Post #595 (ISO) » Sun Nov 29, 2020 12:12 am

VOTE: Farren

Did you not care to follow up on those questions you asked me earlier?
Scooby Dooby Doo
Scooby Dooby Doo
Townie
Scooby Dooby Doo
Townie
Townie

Post Post #596 (ISO) » Sun Nov 29, 2020 12:12 am

Which I brutally and mercilessly IGNORED and asked to be repeated
NorwegianboyEE
NorwegianboyEE
GLADiator
NorwegianboyEE
GLADiator
GLADiator

Post Post #597 (ISO) » Sun Nov 29, 2020 12:15 am

Post by NorwegianboyEE »

In post 594, Scooby Dooby Doo wrote:Would you have the same read if he was acting that way to another player?
Most likely yes. I know i'm easy to push because of Mystic Bears vocal scumread of me, so him pushing me is a very safe stance for scum here. And he's doing it awkwardly as has been pointed out.
My read on Dostin has very little to do with OMGUS. It's the way he's going about his read and the fact that he didn't have much else to say in his initial posting that really pinged me.

- Bunno
Datisi
Datisi
it/he
Drawn from Memory

Datisi
it/he
Drawn from Memory

Drawn from Memory

Pronoun: it/he

Post Post #598 (ISO) » Sun Nov 29, 2020 6:10 am

Post by Datisi »

~
I will straight up disregard all reason if you have a PR dream again. You can come back and be like, “I dreamt that Locke is a N2 Bulletproof Multitasking Cop and Self-Targeting Doctor,” and I will go, “Okay, Locke kill it is then.”
~M
Datisi
Datisi
it/he
Drawn from Memory

Datisi
it/he
Drawn from Memory

Drawn from Memory

Pronoun: it/he

Post Post #599 (ISO) » Sun Nov 29, 2020 6:11 am

Post by Datisi »

~
I will straight up disregard all reason if you have a PR dream again. You can come back and be like, “I dreamt that Locke is a N2 Bulletproof Multitasking Cop and Self-Targeting Doctor,” and I will go, “Okay, Locke kill it is then.”
~M

Return to “Mayfair Club [Micro Games]”