Newbie 2085 - Game Over

For Newbie Games, which have a set format and experienced moderators. Archived during the 2023 queue overhaul.
Meteor Tome
Meteor Tome
Townie
Meteor Tome
Townie
Townie

Post Post #10 (isolation #0) » Sat Dec 11, 2021 12:19 pm

Post by Meteor Tome »

In post 9, Prism wrote:VOTE: Meteor Tome, who confirmed in between day start and now but has yet to post (Micc's original post, citing their need to confirm, is in the start of Day 1 PM)
Genuinely don’t know what happened here, as far as I’m aware I confirmed as soon as I got my role PM, this is the first time I’ve looked at the thread since the game start. Maybe I just don’t understand how it works or something.

VOTE: Save The Dragons Dragons aren’t real silly!
Meteor Tome
Meteor Tome
Townie
Meteor Tome
Townie
Townie

Post Post #32 (isolation #1) » Sun Dec 12, 2021 2:35 pm

Post by Meteor Tome »

In post 29, frogsfrogs wrote:
In post 19, Taly wrote:
Save The Dragons wrote:
In post 11, Taly wrote:dragons can do what he likes ig
i do what i want
does that include a vote? ;)
Taly wrote:
In post 23, WINfried wrote:Taly: What's your reason for holding back on a vote right now, do you always play like that?
Sometimes, I just don't feel a vote is the best instinctual way to help me sort at the moment
Why prod at Save The Dragons to RVS but feel that, for you, "a vote is [not] the best instinctual way to help you sort at the moment"? I feel like some of your questioning so far looks more like it's for filling space than getting useful answers and starting points for play. :P
What exactly is wrong with filling space at this point in the game, it’s how you create a situation that we actually can evaluate alignment in? Unless of course, maybe your alignment would prefer that doesn’t happen.VOTE: frogsfrogs
Meteor Tome
Meteor Tome
Townie
Meteor Tome
Townie
Townie

Post Post #34 (isolation #2) » Sun Dec 12, 2021 3:12 pm

Post by Meteor Tome »

In post 33, frogsfrogs wrote:
In post 32, Meteor Tome wrote:What exactly is wrong with filling space at this point in the game, it’s how you create a situation that we actually can evaluate alignment in? Unless of course, maybe your alignment would prefer that doesn’t happen.VOTE: frogsfrogs
I was talking about "filling space" in a TMI sort of way, as opposed to saying and asking things that gave better results.
TMI? :? That’s an extremely strange term to use. The active goal of the town is to get as much information as possible while the goal of the mafia is to keep that from happening. Not sure why any town is would be concerned about there being
too much
information.
frogsfrogs wrote: Do yoooou have a reason you needed to leap to his defense?
I was fishing to see how you’d react, but thanks to the TMI comment I’m interested in pursuing this angle more seriously.
Meteor Tome
Meteor Tome
Townie
Meteor Tome
Townie
Townie

Post Post #36 (isolation #3) » Sun Dec 12, 2021 6:56 pm

Post by Meteor Tome »

In post 35, frogsfrogs wrote:No wait, sorry, TMI
is
a term that is used and is a valid thing to read on. Scum have incentive to create content, too, because they have to look townie. It's the quality of the information as well as the quantity that's important, and posting game relevant but empty content is potentially scum indicative. Again, not something I even think about Taly anymore, and I'm certainly a newbie here too, but you're misunderstanding me or
something
I’m sorry but I don’t understand. What you seem to describe as TMI here wouldn’t be information it’d just be fluff presented as information. I don’t know if that’s just me not understanding or something that actively doesn’t make sense about the term or what. The way I see it I’d only consider meaningful information as information and in that scenario there can’t possibly be TMI, but at this point I think I’m getting into semantics not even with a player’s own terminology but with site terms, assuming that actually is one (I’ll check the wiki).
Meteor Tome
Meteor Tome
Townie
Meteor Tome
Townie
Townie

Post Post #45 (isolation #4) » Mon Dec 13, 2021 3:56 am

Post by Meteor Tome »

In post 39, Binatog13 wrote:I love random questions at early stages of the game. That way, we will get to know each other and possibly gather info,
especially that I am a potential role that will help town.
Why did you need to imply you’re a PR right off the bat? I believe you as I think that’s way too bold a move for the mafia to pull, but I don’t see what it’s accomplished aside from putting a target on your back for tonight.
Meteor Tome
Meteor Tome
Townie
Meteor Tome
Townie
Townie

Post Post #46 (isolation #5) » Mon Dec 13, 2021 3:58 am

Post by Meteor Tome »

In post 44, Laplacian wrote:Also, looks like everyone except Ishrar has posted. To me it feels like they're genuinely absent then trying to lay low. Isharrrrr, come post so we can get infooooo
I’m assuming we’re not far off from a prod and eventual replacement of them so we should be hearing from them soon enough either way.
Meteor Tome
Meteor Tome
Townie
Meteor Tome
Townie
Townie

Post Post #58 (isolation #6) » Mon Dec 13, 2021 9:29 am

Post by Meteor Tome »

Not too fond of this Binatog push, I see absolutely no reason to doubt a PR claim even though it was a strange one. It’s already bad enough that a PR has been outed for no reason, if we pursue him we run the risk of forcing him to claim which PR, giving the mafia setup information and making their night action easier to plan out. In the unlikely scenario that he is mafia fake-claiming PR I highly doubt the facade will be sustainable further into the game.
Meteor Tome
Meteor Tome
Townie
Meteor Tome
Townie
Townie

Post Post #60 (isolation #7) » Mon Dec 13, 2021 9:55 am

Post by Meteor Tome »

In post 59, Prism wrote:...Did you read the part where they softed PR as scum previously?
Yeah but I imagine that was a learned lesson and not a move that will be repeated. And once again, if I’m wrong, and he is mafia, he’s essentially signed his death warrant as a fake PR claim will not be sustainable in later days.
Meteor Tome
Meteor Tome
Townie
Meteor Tome
Townie
Townie

Post Post #66 (isolation #8) » Mon Dec 13, 2021 10:23 am

Post by Meteor Tome »

In post 51, Prism wrote:
In post 32, Meteor Tome wrote:What exactly is wrong with filling space at this point in the game, it’s how you create a situation that we actually can evaluate alignment in? Unless of course, maybe your alignment would prefer that doesn’t happen.VOTE: frogsfrogs
You seem to understand later that frogs is concerned that Taly's questions are intended to avoid taking stances or pushes of his own.

What exactly leads you to think it is scum motivated to pursue?
Nothing, I just wanted to see how they’d react to being pushed like that.
Meteor Tome
Meteor Tome
Townie
Meteor Tome
Townie
Townie

Post Post #90 (isolation #9) » Tue Dec 14, 2021 3:00 pm

Post by Meteor Tome »

In post 83, Laplacian wrote:Let me clarify then. I don't want a roleclaim, but I want to know why he claimed so quickly and unprompted. As far as I'm concerned, there's no good reason to claim so early.
What did voting for him accomplish? Getting a wagon on him only pressures him to claim regardless of if that’s your intention, if more people joined the wagon it’s likely he would have claimed. It’s not like you needed the wagon to ask him why he claimed. It’s not a question that needs pressure, and it’s not like there’s any reason to expect the PR claim to be uncooperative. All you did was create pressure that could have potentially lead to a claim while doing nothing for your given reason behind voting.

As for reads, Binatog is the strongest town read I have for reasons that I imagine are obvious. WINfried and Laplacian both raised a red flag with the Binatog push, Lap moreso than Win, as Win cited past games as a reason to say he could be lying even though I think he’s wrong. Lap’s given motivation for voting him doesn’t make sense, as I covered above. Frogsfrogs and Taly both seem consistent with their logic and posting, nothing bad about either jumps out to me so I’m gonna say both are town for now. Save the Dragons has given little substance, I’d like to see that change. He, Prism, and Ishrar(this one for pretty obvious reasons) I really can’t get a read on yet.

So far the only person I’m really suspicious of is Lap.

VOTE: Laplacian
Meteor Tome
Meteor Tome
Townie
Meteor Tome
Townie
Townie

Post Post #91 (isolation #10) » Tue Dec 14, 2021 3:05 pm

Post by Meteor Tome »

In post 75, Binatog13 wrote:
In post 41, WINfried wrote:I guess drawing attention to yourself by flashy behaviour and suggesting you might hold a special role isn't a clear sign you are mafia, might be a sign you're not clinging to much to your virtual life though. But I'm not the fun police (for now :mrgreen: ).

I do wonder though, was it a mere coincidence that you showed up again right after I poked you with a stick?
Merely a coincidence.
Also considering that almost everything that’s happened recently revolves around you, you should really have more to say about it than this. You’re presumably the most townread player right now, if there’s anyone who’s input will be trusted it’s yours.

Return to “The Road to Rome [Newbie Games]”